IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0408 (resized).JPG
IMG_0407 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 211.
#351 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

have to say the number of damaged parcels is of great concern - is it a packaging issue ? i've not seen how CGC package games but have had 3 NIB sterns that looked perfect of the truck.

They damaged 3 tron le's and they had to be sent back. Next pin I get I am going to pick up at the terminal.

Last week NAVL came to pickup a game from my home. One guy was on his cell and the other was trying to use the lift. The game started to tip over. If I was not out there to take pics and catch it, it would have fallen. Then they decided to use a strap to guard against it falling. I don't know why all these shippers use crappy lifts. They need to use rail lifts and I would bet their damage claims would drop.

#352 6 years ago

Just set up my AFM-R LE #75 this morning. Packing was perfect. Very impressed with the build quality and feel.

I do have one minor issue... The ball launch fails to make it to the rollover lanes at least 50% of the time. I have played with the ball launch coil strength, but could not get it to fire the ball to the lanes consistently.

Could it be the steepness of the playfield? What else should I be looking at?

Thanks!

#353 6 years ago
Quoted from rrosenhouse:

Just set up my AFM-R LE #75 this morning. Packing was perfect. Very impressed with the build quality and feel.
I do have one minor issue... The ball launch fails to make it to the rollover lanes at least 50% of the time. I have played with the ball launch coil strength, but could not get it to fire the ball to the lanes consistently.
Thanks!

Playfield steepness is one thing. Also, is the ball well aligned with the plunger assembly that fires the ball up the shooter lane?

Marc

#354 6 years ago

What are you guys setting your pitch at? I had mine at 6.5 and it was floaty and I didn't play very well. I went to 7.2 and it's much faster and I made it to total annihilation. I was thinking about raising it a bit more. I'm curious what the consensus sweet spot is?

I'm also curious if anyone else has to update their code. Mine does not have the strobe or divertor settings, so I know I have to do mine. Ordered a micro SD adapter and card from Amazon.

#355 6 years ago

I have it on the second bubble. Plays great to me. Have made it to jack $&! Haha. Not exactly true. Had a small two other couples come by the house last night. Left at 4 am. Feeling it now but everyone loved Attack from Mars.

IMG_3125 (resized).JPGIMG_3125 (resized).JPG

#356 6 years ago

hello, I just got around to installing my topper and there was one line that didn't have a place. the wire itself says input but has a key in the 3 pin. there are no places where this can go. any ideas, do I just leave it unplugged or should I take the key out and put it in the one above the input?

20170819_120338 (resized).jpeg20170819_120338 (resized).jpeg

20170819_120343 (resized).jpeg20170819_120343 (resized).jpeg

20170819_120333 (resized).jpeg20170819_120333 (resized).jpeg

#357 6 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

take the key out and put it in the one above the input?

I'd cut the pin on the board so it's harder to make a mistake later. You can remove the plug from the connector. It goes in that spot.

LTG : )

#358 6 years ago

In earlier posts you will see a more in depth explanation...but i will try.

All of the leads plug into the topper board except the two blk/yl power leads and the big main one. The topper board should be completely "used up" with the connections

You need to pop out the plug in your harness with a pin or paper clip from the back side. Or, snip the pin on the board. The toppers were tested at CGC but there were some that should have had plugs removed or the third pin cut.. better explaination with pics earlier in this tread i believe or in the unboxing theead

#359 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'd cut the pin on the board so it's harder to make a mistake later. You can remove the plug from the connector. It goes in that spot.

Ok I assumed it went there but I wanted to make absolutely sure. I really didn't want to plug something in the wrong place. Thank you.

Quoted from tbutler6:

In earlier posts you will see a more in depth explanation...but i will try.
All of the leads plug into the topper board except the two blk/yl power leads and the big main one. The topper board should be completely "used up" with the connections
You need to pop out the plug in your harness with a pin or paper clip from the back side. Or, snip the pin on the board. The toppers were tested at CGC but there were some that should have had plugs removed or the third pin cut.. better explaination with pics earlier in this tread i believe or in the unboxing theead

yeah, I tried searching didn't see anything. I looked through the manual and didn't see anything about wiring. Thankfully there are many other who have this machine on here. Just thought it was weird to have a key/plug or whatever when it wasn't needed. I'll probably just snip the pin like suggested. I appreciate, I'll try to find the post from before.

#360 6 years ago
Quoted from rrosenhouse:

In the newest version software, you can set the auto plunger strength higher. One notch up should do it.

To see what version is in your game. Hold the Escape button down five seconds or more and you get into the CGC menu. First screen has your software version. Every time you hit the Escape button you advance through the CGC menu pages. Go to the one for coil strengths and you can raise the auto plunger there.

1.0.0. is the latest. If you need it, you can download it here along with instructions :

http://www.chicago-gaming.com/afm_update.php

#361 6 years ago
Quoted from rrosenhouse:

Thanks!

I'm having this issue as well. Any resolution?

#362 6 years ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

I'm having this issue as well. Any resolution?

In the newest version software, you can set the auto plunger strength higher. One notch up should do it.

To see what version is in your game. Hold the Escape button down five seconds or more and you get into the CGC menu. First screen has your software version. Every time you hit the Escape button you advance through the CGC menu pages. Go to the one for coil strengths and you can raise the auto plunger there.

1.0.0. is the latest. If you need it, you can download it here along with instructions :

http://www.chicago-gaming.com/afm_update.php

#363 6 years ago

My plunger wasn't strong enough to make the flipper skill shot. It made it around only half the time. I looked at the plunger and noticed it was not contacting the ball on center. Took off the apron and adjusted the plunger mech to be centered with the ball. It now always makes it around for the flipper skill shot.

#364 6 years ago

I'm working on similar loop issues from both sides. Even a well placed shot seems to rattle around and not make it around with any momentum. Having only played the original AFM rarely, I'm not sure if this is usual. I've heard this game described as fast and flowy, but I'm not getting that vibe at all.

#365 6 years ago

Loop shots smooth and fast here. Occasionally balls are rejected from the lock diverter shot, maybe 1 out of 20 times. Havent messed with it, don't plan on it. I hope you get yours playing how you want it to

#366 6 years ago

Put Cliffy's under Saucer and married them up with the factory Mantis style protectors on the scoop. Was a bear to combo them in scoop area, but that area's going to take some abuse and now fully protected.

file (resized).jpegfile (resized).jpeg

file1 (resized).jpegfile1 (resized).jpeg

file3 (resized).jpegfile3 (resized).jpeg

#367 6 years ago

sparechange1974 did you take the mantis style one out? A brief description of the steps would be very help as I plan to do the same.

Neil.

#368 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

sparechange1974 did you take the mantis style one out? A brief description of the steps would be very help as I plan to do the same.
Neil.

Just a forewarning that it's a tight fit and may not go very smooth, lots of tinkering with the playfield up and down trying to get the Cliffy to stay flat(combined with mantis style) with all that pressure behind it trying to bend it forward. Ended up bending the Cliffy lip down just a bit, but took quite a few tries to get it right.

Yes, the factory Mantis style will need to be removed first and it pops right out after you remove the scoop(unplug) and two bolts holding the protector in. I'm including the directions from Cliffy's site, they'll be the best place for direction for the front S.O.L. install and you want to follow those steps first.

http://www.passionforpinball.com/AFM-thin/afm_thin.htm

For the rear(this assumes you've already followed steps in the front S.O.L removal from Cliffy's site), I had to loosen up the right side Martian plastic to get to and remove the metal ball guide and corresponding 2 screws, loosen right ramp up starting with flaps and reaming front bolt(to loosen red post underneath), then remove stand up target screws(below playfield). This should give you a clear path to slide the the rear Cliffy in place. Once Cliffy's are installed, the Mantis style should slide back in there. She's tight, so lots of patience is required. I found having a hand holding Cliffy's in place while putting Mantis style worked best. Took a couple light taps on Mantis once it was in there to sit flush.

For whatever its worth, I needed to make the hole in the front SOL Cliffy a bit bigger as the post(when installed) wouldn't allow the Cliffy to sit flush against front and it wouldn't install right as a result. I've already emailed Cliffy on that, possible it was just a one off.

http://www.passionforpinball.com/AFM-thin/afm_thin.htm

file4 (resized).jpegfile4 (resized).jpeg
file (resized).jpegfile (resized).jpeg
file1 (resized).jpegfile1 (resized).jpeg

#369 6 years ago

I wish these companies would just make a deal with Cliffy and install these at the factory....

#370 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Playfield steepness is one thing. Also, is the ball well aligned with the plunger assembly that fires the ball up the shooter lane?
Marc

Can someone post a picture of the bubble level with the game at the optimum steepness? I never knew what to look for when reading that thing.

Thanks!

#371 6 years ago
Quoted from rrosenhouse:

Can someone post a picture of the bubble level with the game at the optimum steepness? I never knew what to look for when reading that thing.

Those things are cheap and not that dependable. They can vary a lot, be mounted backwards, or the tube not positioned right.

These will help :

http://www.pinballnews.com/learn/level/index.html

http://www.pinballnews.com/learn/iphone/index.html

http://www.pinballnews.com/learn/iphone2/index.html

#372 6 years ago

I agree on the level. The built-in bubble level is not the best measure. Use a real level. Personally, I had mine at 7.2 and increased it by 7 more turns each on the back legs (I didn't re-check the level so I'm not sure what its at now) and it feels pretty good now. It plays faster with the higher pitch, which is what I prefer.

#373 6 years ago
Quoted from mjannusch:

I just noticed last night that there are hairline cracks in the coloration in the return lane covers. Anyone else seeing this? I didn't notice it on any of the other plastics, but these you see all the time... I haven't touched these at all, so it isn't from me overtightening the nuts or something screwy like that.

Did you get a resolution on your ticket with CGC about the cracks in the plastics? I have the same issue and was planning to open a ticket. Thanks!

#374 6 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

Did you get a resolution on your ticket with CGC about the cracks in the plastics? I have the same issue and was planning to open a ticket. Thanks!

I have them too. I was going to give my machine a few months to see what little things are discovered by CGC or the community, but yes they are there. We have a full year for playfield/mechanical issues

#375 6 years ago

Wish Distributor and Manufacturers had more accurate delivery details. Waiting for my LE. Ugh!

#376 6 years ago

You made a good choice. Keep the hype down so you are excited when it shows up, but everyone that has played it here has been blown away.

#377 6 years ago

Lovin' this machine...

#378 6 years ago

omg this game is epic. Was wondering how the extra ball animation would play out, and sure as shit as soon as the martian gets hit with the ball in the head, the topper head jumps. Attention to detail right there, folks.

#379 6 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

I opened a ticket around 10am for this, and by 2pm I had a UPS tracking number for my replacements.

#380 6 years ago

Has anybody tried the Lobster Mod?... is this for AFM(1995) or AFMR?

#381 6 years ago

Love the lighting and animation of it, but just seems a bit big.

#382 6 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Has anybody tried the Lobster Mod?... is this for AFM(1995) or AFMR?
» YouTube video

Other than adding silly toys to dress up the game, maybe come up with something to cover the ugly hex post sticking up between the ramps.
Its there to solve a ball trap issue but, it really needs something on it to make it look finished.

Modfather? Anyone else??

#383 6 years ago

Revisiting the scoop.....looked close today, and I've got Mylar right up to the scoop hole ( both sides), where the mantis comes up nicely. Do I really need the Cliffy? I've put them in many of my machines, but this one looks pretty tight as is....am I missing something?

#384 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Mylar right up to the scoop hole ( both sides), where the mantis comes up nicely.

That's not a bad idea. I may have to steal it. I'm not planning on putting a cliffy protector there, but everywhere else. I'm still waiting on my set to arrive as he was backlogged a couple of weeks ago when I ordered. My bad for waiting until the last minute. Everything is holding up very well so far. The mantis protector is set just right.

I updated my code today so that I could adjust the strobe. Wow! I put it on max and may have to dial it down a notch. It was friggin intense. It was nearly impossible to keep track of the balls in play. I also have the blackout mode set and play in the dark.

#385 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

That's not a bad idea. I may have to steal it. I'm not planning on putting a cliffy protector there, but everywhere else. I'm still waiting on my set to arrive as he was backlogged a couple of weeks ago when I ordered. My bad for waiting until the last minute. Everything is holding up very well so far. The mantis protector is set just right.
I updated my code today so that I could adjust the strobe. Wow! I put it on max and may have to dial it down a notch. It was friggin intense. It was nearly impossible to keep track of the balls in play. I also have the blackout mode set and play in the dark.

This machine is just sick...love it!!!

#386 6 years ago

Hey guys, can someone verify for me the position of these guide rails? I think this might be the problem with my orbit shots not flowing at all. My left orbit shot is a 1/10. The rest make it a few inches and rattle violently and then dribble out. Both these rails look like they're bowed out narrowing the ball path. There's a significant jump from the plunge "jump ramp" to the orbit guide rail. Should those be closer?

IMG_2522 (resized).JPGIMG_2522 (resized).JPG

IMG_2523 (resized).JPGIMG_2523 (resized).JPG

#387 6 years ago

AFMrLE #218 reporting for duty.

AFMrLE 218 (resized).jpegAFMrLE 218 (resized).jpeg

#388 6 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

AFMrLE #218 reporting for duty.

Excellent SuperPinball, congratulations!

My Brother and me we're waiting for ours too, did you got yours in Mississauga P1/Cineplex? I hope that you did so ours will be delivered soon X 2!

Regards

#389 6 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Excellent SuperPinball, congratulations!

My Brother and me we're waiting for ours too, did you got yours in Mississauga P1/Cineplex? I hope that you did so ours will be delivered soon X 2!

Regards

Yes, I picked it up from Player 1. It was only 1 of 5 that were picked up by Player 1 from Chicago and part of the CGC numbered loyalty program. You are looking at another month for the non numbered program ones. The wait is well worth it. No issues at all right out of the box. Like an original AFM on steroids. Absolutely stunning!!

#390 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Revisiting the scoop.....looked close today, and I've got Mylar right up to the scoop hole ( both sides), where the mantis comes up nicely. Do I really need the Cliffy? I've put them in many of my machines, but this one looks pretty tight as is....am I missing something?

There is no chance I will install that cliffy. As you said not only does the machine a flush-ish mantis. They put mylar on. Not that it would not have a beneficial effect

#391 6 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

Yes, I picked it up from Player 1. It was only 1 of 5 that were picked up by Player 1 from Chicago and part of the CGC numbered loyalty program. You are looking at another month for the non numbered program ones. The wait is well worth it. No issues at all right out of the box. Like an original AFM on steroids. Absolutely stunning!!

Thank you SuperPinball!

#392 6 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

I submitted a ticket this morning with CGC for replacing several plastics because of cosmetic cracks. As others have already mentioned, I received a phone call from Doug Skor. Not only did he inform me that my new plastics will be shipped out next week, he spent another 20 minutes with me talking pinball, assembly of their games and future CGC projects. He couldn't have been a nicer guy.

Hats off to Doug and CGC's employees for excellent customer service and one hell of a game.

#393 6 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

I submitted a ticket this morning with CGC for replacing several plastics because of cosmetic cracks. As others have already mentioned, I received a phone call from Doug Skor. Not only did he inform me that my new plastics will be shipped out next week, he spent another 20 minutes with me talking pinball, assembly of their games and future CGC projects. He couldn't have been a nicer guy.
Hats off to Doug and CGC's employees for excellent customer service and one hell of a game.

Definately a class act over there. What other plastics were cracked? I have small cracks (visible only with GI on) on the two at the base of the lanes leading to the flippers but the other plastics are perfect (and thick).

#394 6 years ago
Quoted from AFM95:

Please... tell us more. Future CGC projects?

#395 6 years ago
Quoted from tbutler6:

Definately a class act over there. What other plastics were cracked? I have small cracks (visible only with GI on) on the two at the base of the lanes leading to the flippers but the other plastics are perfect (and thick).

In addition to the two you mentioned, both side plastics and the right slingshot plastic had the same cosmetic cracks (although they aren't as bad as the plastics next to the flippers).

20170823_092248 (resized).jpg20170823_092248 (resized).jpg

20170823_092253 (resized).jpg20170823_092253 (resized).jpg

20170823_092703 (resized).jpg20170823_092703 (resized).jpg

20170823_092710 (resized).jpg20170823_092710 (resized).jpg

#396 6 years ago

I would like to install headphone jacks on my AFMrLE.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/afmr-headset-installation

Does anyone else want to do this?

#397 6 years ago

Just received my AFMrLE 0139 !
The game is even more stunning than the sample game I played back in March!
The sound and LED effects are amazing!

This game is a definitely must have for anyone on the fence about getting an AFM or AFMr !

My game was shipped FEDEX freight from IL to NV. only 4 stops along the way.
The game arrived so perfectly, it looked like it would have if still on the factory floor. Not a dent or scratch in the box at all, not even a spec of dust! WOW, just WOW!

Setup was fast and simple. I did however replace the standard pinballs (from the factory, nothing wrong with them at all) with super shiny ones. It seemed appropriate as the game just GLEAMS with beauty!

The game played well on initial startup. The only adjustments I made were to increase flipper to +2 and push strobe lights up one notch for gameplay options.

Also had to push the trough coil up to max to get the ball served 100% of the time on the first attempt (it was set at +1 from the factory).

I have the pitch at 6.9 degrees and it plays perfectly for now.

We put about 20 games on it last night and intend to give it a proper workout tonight and this weekend.
The game plays as smooth as silk.
The flippers came set centered to the lane guides and look slightly drooped compared to some other games, but they are actually just centered. This makes hitting the side targets a joy! Im going to leave them this way for now.

The LED set at slow incandescent emulation (from factory) are just about perfect for me I made no adjustments as they were bright and crisp and easy to read all the inserts.

The only other adjustment was to enable a 10 second ball save. We are so used to a center post from our JJP games, it was comical to watch people drain a ball SDTM and look shocked that it didnt bounce back into play!

Lastly I want to install headphone jacks. Its necessary in my small game room to hear the call outs when all the games are playing.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/afmr-headset-installation

#398 6 years ago

Hells yes! Thank you, Mod Father.

imagejpeg_0 (resized).jpgimagejpeg_0 (resized).jpg

#399 6 years ago

Got my AFMrLE today. Got it all set up but it doesn't boot. It flashes the logo then reboots. Lights are on but no screen or ability to play. I put in ticket with CGC but seeing if anyone else has had similar problem here. Would really like to get playing. It's torture seeing it there and not able to play it.

#400 6 years ago

Sounds like the software is corrupted? If you can, try reloading the software downloaded from CGC, via the Mico SD card.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe
Cabinet parts
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Baltimore, MD
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Gainesville, GA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, SC
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
Under cabinet
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 210.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
Other
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 211.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.