pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 212.
#3051 6 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

Look at the orange is faded white and the “grain” many are talking about

Wow that is profound! What the hell happened there. Nobody even owns this game yet!

#3052 6 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

This a late October build under lights in doors. Look at the orange is faded white and the “grain” many are talking about is turning into planking. The plastics on the printing is cracking too. I have bought both nib LE remakes but no one can’t say something is going on here. My 20 plus year orginal still is very orange. We all crushed Stern on ghostbuster the Churchill (Chicago gaming) made the playfeild. The inks from the silkscreen must not have UV protectors in it as the no fade anywhere else.

Have you contacted GCG for help on this? My PF doesn’t look like yours, and neither do the two friends that also have LEs.

#3053 6 years ago
Quoted from adii:

I thought the same thing. I went with -2 and it seems like the sweet spot.

-6 was way too soft on the machine here. -2 was still a little too strong (airballs off the two standups near the center). -3 seemed to be "just right" on this machine.

CGC came through and sent me the updated PIC 2.0 directly, even though we're not the first owner. I still disagree with their lack of support for successive owners inside the warranty period for their LEs (at LEAST). If JJP and even STERN can do that, CGC just looks bad, and we won't be buying any, new or used, for the route until/unless this changes. Shame, too, because AfMrLE is really well done. Seems like they'd stand behind it at least as well as Stern, but no.

#3054 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Have you contacted GCG for help on this? My PF doesn’t look like yours, and neither do the two friends that also have LEs.

This is not my machine. It is a AFMr standard not a LE.

#3055 6 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

This isn’t mine. It is a standard remake not a LE.

Whoever owns it should contact GCG. The playfields are the same between versions.

#3056 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Whoever owns it should contact GCG. The playfields are the same between versions.

Be interesting as I don’t think fading is covered under any warranty.

#3057 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

-6 was way too soft on the machine here. -2 was still a little too strong (airballs off the two standups near the center). -3 seemed to be "just right" on this machine.
CGC came through and sent me the updated PIC 2.0 directly, even though we're not the first owner. I still disagree with their lack of support for successive owners inside the warranty period for their LEs (at LEAST). If JJP and even STERN can do that, CGC just looks bad, and we won't be buying any, new or used, for the route until/unless this changes. Shame, too, because AfMrLE is really well done. Seems like they'd stand behind it at least as well as Stern, but no.

If I buy a new car and sell three months later it still has its manufactures warranty to the new purchasers. How it should be. CGC it will begin to hurt their resale’s as little demand. Being a operatir you need to get some of the purchase price back and resell it after it is off location. This hurts what you can recoup. I had a AFMr LE offered to me for $7000 two weeks ago with 250 plays and included a backup playfeild that Harvey received from CGC. Would have been great to put on location for someone but no warranty.

#3058 6 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

Be interesting as I don’t think fading is covered under any warranty.

I am looking at the straitions on the clear; the fading is something else that I can’t see well in your picture.

#3059 6 years ago

Where are we seeing fading. Looks normal to me and planking is a common occurrence from all manufacturers.

#3060 6 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Where are we seeing fading. Looks normal to me and planking is a common occurrence from all manufacturers.

Guys look around extra ball, stroke of luck, Martian attack and rule the universe. Martian attack is also showing the ball wearing through playfeild like orginal. That orange is faded white throughout. Look at picture on out lanes. Then go look at yours. It is orange. Also orange line next to capital is the same thing

03FCBAC6-2260-471D-B6B8-0C18D7C96923 (resized).jpeg03FCBAC6-2260-471D-B6B8-0C18D7C96923 (resized).jpeg
33E6CFCA-D3B3-4FA8-945F-CE6BEB41D985 (resized).jpeg33E6CFCA-D3B3-4FA8-945F-CE6BEB41D985 (resized).jpeg
DDDCD101-ADB3-454B-A991-4F244E6C1CCD (resized).jpegDDDCD101-ADB3-454B-A991-4F244E6C1CCD (resized).jpeg

#3061 6 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

Guys look around extra ball, stroke of luck, Martian attack and rule the universe. Martian attack is also showing the ball wearing through playfeild like orginal. That orange is faded white throughout. Look at picture on out lanes. Then go look at yours. It is orange. Also orange line next to capital is the same thing

Color it should be.

FF75B973-3ED1-4063-8498-8C8EEF470EA6 (resized).jpegFF75B973-3ED1-4063-8498-8C8EEF470EA6 (resized).jpeg

7498FC28-072F-4A06-85C8-FECDC41DCC74.jpeg7498FC28-072F-4A06-85C8-FECDC41DCC74.jpeg

#3062 6 years ago

This is an interesting read from HSA. Wish some of playfeild guys would chime in.

http://www.hsapinball.com/HSA_PINBALL/hsa69afmcompare.html#0

#3063 6 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

Looks like they just screened that whole layer with the wrong color. Instead of orange, you got flesh colored. Was it right when you first got it? I can't believe the whole playfield spot color of orange faded from orange to flesh-colored evenly. Seems like a playfield printing screwup is more likely.

#3064 6 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

If I buy a new car and sell three months later it still has its manufactures warranty to the new purchasers. How it should be. CGC it will begin to hurt their resale’s as little demand. Being a operatir you need to get some of the purchase price back and resell it after it is off location. This hurts what you can recoup. I had a AFMr LE offered to me for $7000 two weeks ago with 250 plays and included a backup playfeild that he Harvey received from CGC for sanding marks on the inserts. Would have been great to put on location for someone but no warranty.

If they don't want to cover their lower-margin pins in each release, I can KIND OF see that (though Stern does), but it seems like such a no-brainer to offer transferrable warranties for the top-of-the-line LE models as a perk of that level. It would cost them very little in real-world terms, and instantly make LEs much more popular. I dunno. I think they'll eventually come around because this will hurt them when their competition has much better real-world policies (despite what the warranty says in print) in this regard.

#3065 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Looks like they just screened that whole layer with the wrong color. Instead or orange, you got flesh colored. Was it right when you first got it? I can't believe the whole playfield spot color of orange faded from orange to flesh-colored evenly. Seems like a playfield printing screwup is more likely.

I am starting to agree with you. They might have made it wrong! Wonder how many are wrong. Only issue with that theory is in the shadows the orange was darker.

#3066 6 years ago

We were super lucky to be loaned an AFMr LE for a few weeks that we could film and do a short review on for our channel. The game shipped out from Nitro Pinball and belongs to a new pinball bar thats going to open in the next few weeks called 'Pinbar' located in Calgary, Alberta. I did not too bad at all on my first game, putting up just under 9 billion! Love this game!

#3067 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

If they don't want to cover their lower-margin pins in each release, I can KIND OF see that (though Stern does), but it seems like such a no-brainer to offer transferrable warranties for the top-of-the-line LE models as a perk of that level. It would cost them very little in real-world terms, and instantly make LEs much more popular. I dunno. I think they'll eventually come around because this will hurt them when their competition has much better real-world policies (despite what the warranty says in print) in this regard.

When I bought my LE’s I never got offered the fine print as it was not printed yet. That said on the second one I should have assumed AFMr would be the same as MMrLE but the warranty they advertised without the small print was longer so assumed it may have changed. I bought both on day one in first minutes.

#3068 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Looks like they just screened that whole layer with the wrong color. Instead of orange, you got flesh colored.

I have to agree, the color looks too linear across the entire play field to be fading.

#3069 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

I have to agree, the color looks too linear across the entire play field to be fading.

That’s not great quality control. I am sure they made more like this in the “nude” color instead of orange.

#3070 6 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

That’s not great quality control. I am sure they made more like this in the “nude” color instead of orange.

Meh. It IS uglier, but Creature has plain pink and hot pink playfields. Some things never change.

#3071 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Meh. It IS uglier, but Creature has plain pink and hot pink playfields. Some things never change.

Depends if that worker is paying attention that day I guess. Still wrong.

#3072 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Same playfields, different quality. They pick out the best for the LE’s.

#3073 6 years ago
Quoted from adii:

Same playfields, different quality. They pick out the best for the LE’s.

I disagree as I was told all Playfeilds are the same in all. Who knows for sure.

#3074 6 years ago

hi i would to buy one AFMR this year but i hesitate between an origianl game in very condition and a new game.
What is the real change with these two games ?
Thanks for your answers

#3075 6 years ago
Quoted from chatplume51:

hi i would to buy one AFMR this year but i hesitate between an origianl game in very condition and a new game.
Thanks for your answers

It depends on what you want. The LE offers a lot more options than the classic or an original. ( topper, mirror blades, saucer upgrade, shaker, number and badge, armor, warranty extension) Better playfield.... just kidding.

My personal opinion: if you can get a nice original for the same price as a classic and you do not care about the LE options, go for the original!

#3076 6 years ago
Quoted from chatplume51:

Thanks for your answers

I"m still not clear on the benefits of getting an old one... older parts, damage, more work, fewer features all for the same price? Maybe if the older one was less than 1/2 the price of a new one, I would consider an old one. I think some may 'feel' they own something vintage with the older one, but it's like saying an old Ferrari is better than a new one... Also, as soon as you start modifying the old one, it's no longer a real 'vintage' it's like an old car with lots of kit stuff..

#3077 6 years ago

ok thanks to reply
here with a good restoration price seems to be 5500 euros and a new game pro is 7500,that's why i hesitate
otherwise game is the same ?

#3078 6 years ago

LE just has the big screen and the topper... but yes its same game. if you are just a player...

#3079 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

I"m still not clear on the benefits of getting an old one... older parts, damage, more work, fewer features all for the same price? Maybe if the older one was less than 1/2 the price of a new one, I would consider an old one. I think some may 'feel' they own something vintage with the older one, but it's like saying an old Ferrari is better than a new one... Also, as soon as you start modifying the old one, it's no longer a real 'vintage' it's like an old car with lots of kit stuff..

The WPC-95 orginal Games we know the issues and how to fix them. On the remakes each board is unique for that game. My MMr boards are different from the AFMr. While in warranty no issue. But like my WOZ ECLE when a light board goes bad it is now on me. The remakes seem to have been very well thought out but time will only tell. It is appearing remake vs original is not the debate but what condition is the individual machine in. As you have seen NIB AFMr can be different just like new cars or any item. Both are excellent games.

#3080 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

LE just has the big screen and the topper... but yes its same game. if you are just a player...

yes game is my first choice,in a second i will install a color dmd,thanks

#3081 6 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

I was not aware it is common. I own 26 games and have owned many more in the past. So is no one having issues with the planking? Many of us were calling vertical lines until I started seeing small splits. I counted 4 yesterday on this other machine. As my NIB came like it I know many others like the one I posted yesterday. Maybe it is dryer climate thing. I have never had it happen to another new game. I have bought used games that happened too prior to me buying but I assumed next to a/c are something. Love to know this answer as I assumed this was all the AFMr’s.

057659BE-3A90-4623-89BC-0AE5071BAE49 (resized).jpeg057659BE-3A90-4623-89BC-0AE5071BAE49 (resized).jpeg
A33BF567-2511-4C4A-BAAC-0234D6AA02C4 (resized).jpegA33BF567-2511-4C4A-BAAC-0234D6AA02C4 (resized).jpeg
7BD089F0-EA39-459F-B6F6-DBC360B6BB69 (resized).jpeg7BD089F0-EA39-459F-B6F6-DBC360B6BB69 (resized).jpeg
CB13ADC1-1C20-4295-9048-1489A3772EF5 (resized).jpegCB13ADC1-1C20-4295-9048-1489A3772EF5 (resized).jpeg

#3082 6 years ago

Definitely not normal for a new playfield. Mine doesn’t look like that and none I have seen look like that. Check with CGC as they are usually quick to respond.

#3083 6 years ago
Quoted from ecmurrayf1:

Definitely not normal for a new playfield. Mine doesn’t look like that and none I have seen look like that. Check with CGC as they are usually quick to respond.

Ok will do. So you have none of the planking lines at all? Can you post a pic? Everyone I have seen here locally has them. That is why my theory is a dry climate thing as wood is not fully dry.

#3084 6 years ago

My playfield looks like glass, no lines whatsoever. my game has 38 total plays.

20180204_104217 (resized).jpg20180204_104217 (resized).jpg

20180204_104203 (resized).jpg20180204_104203 (resized).jpg

20180204_104158 (resized).jpg20180204_104158 (resized).jpg

20180204_104153 (resized).jpg20180204_104153 (resized).jpg

#3085 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

My playfield looks like glass, no lines whatsoever. my game has 38 total plays.

Thank you yours is flawless. Will contact them early next week. Probably call my dealer first. That has been my only concern with the AFMr remakes and looks like not all have the issue. Swapping playfeilds though is not fun. What have others done on the chipping issues that were posted previously? Did they send you a populated playfeild or just get a new one and make you sign a non disclosure agreement to stop talking about it. Seems like crickets lately from many on the chipping issues. Don’t want to swap and new one do the exact same thing though. I have been waiting for full Jury verdict on remakes and still have original too. One will go eventually.

#3086 6 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

Thank you yours is flawless. Will contact them early next week. Probably call my dealer first. That has been my only grip with the AFMr remakes and looks like not all have the issue. Swapping playfeilds though is not fun. What have others done on the chipping issues that were posted previously? Did they send you a populated playfeild or just get a new one and make you sign a non disclosure agreement to stop talking about it. Don’t want to swap and new one do the exact same thing though. I have been waiting for full Jury verdict on remakes and still have original too. One will go eventually.

If they did make him sign a non-disclose agreement, we will never know!

#3087 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

If they did make him sign a non-disclose agreement, we will never know!

Yes we will know they signed a non disclosure agreement (NDA) as they won’t post on it. I know of a operator that had a major issue and silence is noted now.

#3088 6 years ago

No chipping on mine. I did put cliffy's on as I did with my 2 originals I previous had. This game was known for damage in certain area's and I would expect the same on the remakes. I also put mylar down to cover the inserts in front of the SOL hole. The clear on mine is excellent. Purchased last month #646. Not sure about the time line for newer vs. older and if this is even any reason for issues.
IMG_1389 (resized).JPGIMG_1389 (resized).JPG

#3089 6 years ago

I would contact CGC. They rarely check Pinside, so best to contact them through the help system.

#3090 6 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

I was not aware it is common. I own 26 games and have owned many more in the past. So is no one having issues with the planking? Many of us were calling vertical lines until I started seeing small splits. I counted 4 yesterday on this other machine. As my NIB came like it I know many others like the one I posted yesterday. Maybe it is dryer climate thing. I have never had it happen to another new game. I have bought used games that happened too prior to me buying but I assumed next to a/c are something. Love to know this answer as I assumed this was all the AFMr’s.

What is your playfield number?

#3091 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

What is your playfield number?

Is that on the bottom edge of it? I am traveling now but will post.

#3092 6 years ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

No chipping on mine. I did put cliffy's on as I did with my 2 originals I previous had. This game was known for damage in certain area's and I would expect the same on the remakes. I also put mylar down to cover the inserts in front of the SOL hole. The clear on mine is excellent. Purchased last month #646. Not sure about the time line for newer vs. older and if this is even any reason for issues.

I love those target decals! Where did you get those?

#3093 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

I love those target decals! Where did you get those?

Pinball Decals, Inc.

#3094 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

I'm curious, have you ever owned a B/W original? The car analogy is ridiculous on many levels.

snaroff

#3095 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I'm curious, have you ever owned a B/W original? The car analogy is ridiculous on many levels.
snaroff

To go along on the car analogy, some older guys did not like that the new Ferrari had fuel injection as they could not work on it as easily, and were skeptical on how reliable this new design would be. Same with on-board computers and automatic transmissions. An extreme car analogy would be the newest high-end BMWs. Very few mechanics can work on a newer BMW, even changing a mirror is super-complex, and may involve replacing large multi-purpose parts instead of fixing the parts. The mirrors are partly built-into the panels and doors, so you can't just replace a mirror on a new BMW, but you can on an old one. I think there is a sweet-spot there in between, which brings me back to making sure the LEDs are modular on the remakes.

#3096 6 years ago
Quoted from chatplume51:

ok thanks to reply
here with a good restoration price seems to be 5500 euros and a new game pro is 7500,that's why i hesitate
otherwise game is the same ?

You can't really compare the AfMrLE experience to an original. The gigantic screen can't be easily duplicated on a vintage one, nor can the re-drawn higher-res graphics. And the topper on the LE is interactive and one of the best I've seen that also can't be easily done on a vintage machine.

#3097 6 years ago

I just took a close look at my playfield and as above its like glass, none of that planking or lines, those who have that need to raise tickets with CGC.

still can't beat 4B - why I oughttaa...!!!

#3098 6 years ago

I have an LE on the way this week. I ordered Cliffys( 4 week delivery), Titans and Nifty Cool white LED’s just to experiment. Am I missing anything? Opinion on plastic protectors? Extra Mylar?

#3099 6 years ago

I don’t think you need plastic protectors. You can easily buy plastics in sets and individual pieces.

#3100 6 years ago

The flouescent green plastic protectors look really nice but not really needed

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 10,558 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 212.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/62 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.