Topic Stats

• 8,271 posts
  • 518 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by okgrak
  • Topic is favorited by 244 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,559 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20200222_173719263 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200222_173710378 (resized).jpg
IMG_3466.JPG
IMG_3467.JPG
IMG_3468.JPG
IMG_3461.JPG
IMG_3460.JPG
IMG_3459.JPG
IMG_2362 (resized).jpeg
82CAFFB8-F154-450E-ACD6-E280627CDD35 (resized).jpeg
27DD2A3E-5B27-4662-91D9-8F39812297EB (resized).jpeg
7092CEDF-9421-45B0-8937-1046AE0A1B9B (resized).jpeg
AF42E9A8-0D0D-43DD-85F2-975C5E375E60 (resized).jpeg
A6C486EA-7726-435F-AB0C-8832B08C794C (resized).jpeg
AD63D9CD-6CBE-42EF-BBC8-1284212313A7 (resized).jpeg
3F3477CD-6427-427C-8262-CD65EBE0768A (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #1 PinGuy's links to unboxing and SOL potential issue. Posted by Pin_Guy (2 years ago)

Post #5 SOL protector issue Posted by Pin_Guy (2 years ago)

Post #73 LED info Posted by stpcore (2 years ago)

Post #145 Cliffy install info Posted by evh347 (2 years ago)

Post #149 Firmware 1.0.0 Posted by Pin_Guy (2 years ago)

Post #189 info on using AFM cliffys Posted by GorillaBiscuits (2 years ago)

Post #357 Topper connector issue Posted by LTG (2 years ago)

Post #366 Image of Cliffy addition to scoop. Posted by sparechange1974 (2 years ago)

Post #368 Cliffy install info Posted by sparechange1974 (2 years ago)

Post #494 LCD screen info Posted by spazzman90 (2 years ago)

Post #639 workaround - to drooping shield targets Posted by markp99 (2 years ago)

Post #1966 Info on Easter eggs Posted by bigd1979 (2 years ago)

Post #2062 cliffy saucer install. Posted by PDFVT (2 years ago)

Post #2201 Urgent attention to flipper strength rates message from CGC Posted by NeilMcRae (2 years ago)

Post #2952 speaker lights for AFMR classic Posted by Lermods (2 years ago)

Post #3001 SOL PIC Posted by Damien (2 years ago)

Post #3167 Picture of crazed plastics defect on AfMr Posted by Onwallst (2 years ago)

Post #3174 list of issues Posted by Onwallst (2 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigdaddy07.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#44 2 years ago
Quoted from mjannusch:

I just noticed last night that there are hairline cracks in the coloration in the return lane covers. Anyone else seeing this? I didn't notice it on any of the other plastics, but these you see all the time... I haven't touched these at all, so it isn't from me overtightening the nuts or something screwy like that.

I would send a ticket to CGC and have them send out replacement plastics for those.

#55 2 years ago

I just got my final invoice for my LE and shipping was only 153. Very reasonable. I suppose it depends on where you're located.

#65 2 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

I just replaced all the GI bulbs with the Nifty LED cool whites. One nice touch is that the plastic surrounding the bulb has a different color for warm vs. cool. The game ships with warm, which are black. The cools are white, so it makes it really easy to figure out what's been swapped out and maybe only took a half hour to swap out all 35 of them. Not 100% sold on the cool yet, so it'll be just as easy to swap them back if I choose to

If you don't mind, could you post a picture of your game with the new LEDs? I would like to compare with the stock ones.

#70 2 years ago

Thanks for posting those. Honestly I can't decide. I'm probably leaning just slightly to the cool side based on those pictures. How long did it take to swap the LEDs out? I only ask because I wasn't sure if there were any additional challenges with the CGC boards vs the Bally original.

3 weeks later
#188 2 years ago
Quoted from Bischt:

Does anyone happen to know if any of the current mods to add mini saucer lights work for AFMr? Pulling the trigger on an SE but they don't even come with simple red lighting in the saucers which is a bummer.

Change your order to LE, sell the topper if you don't care for it and recoup some of the price difference. There's no guarantee that PPS will sell the LE upgrades later on and even if they do, they may be for a whole lot more than you're hoping for.

#190 2 years ago

That does look like a bit of a pain, but at least the end results look good and now you can play the shit out of it without worry.

#230 2 years ago

That's what happens when the protector is set too low. Needs to be flush to work.

#244 2 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

No kidding.
And the row behind AFMr looks to be
TWD
GB
GOT
Metallica
Tron
and maybe ToTan. Can't quite make it out.

If you see the 30 games he has (assuming his list is accurate), the value is that of most peoples houses. Certainly quite an investment sitting there and of course an impressive collection. I would have to make sure we were buddies if he lived close by.

#249 2 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

He does not list ToTAN in his list so I am trying to guess what might have yellow power coat.
Ripleys maybe.

My guess would be Ripleys or MMR.

Quoted from Damien:Dammit! I only have 10.5" of clearance. Hmmmmm, might have to take out a piece of the drop ceiling

I'll bet you'll be OK. The little green guy may bang his head on the ceiling a bit, but that serves him right for stealing our women!

#287 2 years ago

Its hard to tell in the pictures, but is your SOL hole protector level with the opening?

#324 2 years ago

113 in. No topper though. Looks like they forgot to include the head keys, so I can't install it.
On top of that, the door keys had a severely bent one that broke when I tried to bend it back.

Not without its issues, but a fantastic game. Sound and lights are over the top.

20170817_202021 (resized).jpg

20170817_202036 (resized).jpg

#326 2 years ago

I must have look there 5 times. Even used a flashlight at one point. The six time I found it.

#327 2 years ago

That is one bad ass topper.

20170817_210629 (resized).jpg

#340 2 years ago
Quoted from Mrbill:

this afmr LE did not have a good trip.. Back to start for you. Looks like the pallet failed either through abuse or by chicago gaming not putting a bottom on it for stability/support.

Did you open the box to see if the game was OK? You may be surprised as it is packed in there good.

#354 2 years ago

What are you guys setting your pitch at? I had mine at 6.5 and it was floaty and I didn't play very well. I went to 7.2 and it's much faster and I made it to total annihilation. I was thinking about raising it a bit more. I'm curious what the consensus sweet spot is?

I'm also curious if anyone else has to update their code. Mine does not have the strobe or divertor settings, so I know I have to do mine. Ordered a micro SD adapter and card from Amazon.

#372 2 years ago

I agree on the level. The built-in bubble level is not the best measure. Use a real level. Personally, I had mine at 7.2 and increased it by 7 more turns each on the back legs (I didn't re-check the level so I'm not sure what its at now) and it feels pretty good now. It plays faster with the higher pitch, which is what I prefer.

#384 2 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Mylar right up to the scoop hole ( both sides), where the mantis comes up nicely.

That's not a bad idea. I may have to steal it. I'm not planning on putting a cliffy protector there, but everywhere else. I'm still waiting on my set to arrive as he was backlogged a couple of weeks ago when I ordered. My bad for waiting until the last minute. Everything is holding up very well so far. The mantis protector is set just right.

I updated my code today so that I could adjust the strobe. Wow! I put it on max and may have to dial it down a notch. It was friggin intense. It was nearly impossible to keep track of the balls in play. I also have the blackout mode set and play in the dark.

#400 2 years ago

Sounds like the software is corrupted? If you can, try reloading the software downloaded from CGC, via the Mico SD card.

#438 2 years ago

For you guys that have contacted CGC for replacement plastics on the slings, are the replacement ones they sent you issue free? I noticed mine has those as well, though not as bad as some that were posted here.

#469 2 years ago

What do you guys have your pitch set to? I have mine set to 7.4 and it rarely has that issue. Maybe 1 out of 20 plunges. When I had mine set lower, it felt floaty and the shots weaker. Plays like a beast as is.

#471 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I had the pitch at 7.2 and the game was really fast! Oddly with that pitch the outlanes were less brutal.
But I settled at about 6.7 degrees with a little higher flipper power.

Yah its fast, but that's how I like it. My thought on the pitch in relation to the plunge getting around the loop for the skill shot is that with a steeper pitch, the ball will get settled back into the plunger a half second quicker and allow a solid plunge. My thought is that it's possibly a timing issue and the ball getting hit before its fully seated and resulting in a soft plunge. I could be wrong, just a theory.

#492 2 years ago

I don't know about you guys, but the right outlane is my nemesis. Easily 90% of the drains. Still, the game is a blast. I wish I could get to strobe a little more often. Anyone make RTU yet?

#512 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Do you just kill the Martians and then hit something to get it?
And what starts Strobe? Seems I've only gotten it from SOL.

You have to kill all the Martians during Martian attack to start Martian multiball. Strobe is started only from SOL, which is lit by lighting all the out/inlanes. Its random, but you will need to be further into the game to get awarded it as the game will give you lower end rewards early on. I've found that if I already started Martian attack, multiball, completed at least one attack wave, and played the video mode, that the odds of getting awarded strobe greatly increase and in fact are likely on the next SOL shot. Its just hard to get through all those things, so I rarely get it.

#538 2 years ago

Zero flipper delay on mine. In fact this has been the most trouble free NIB for me personally. If I was having that issue, I would be opening a ticket with CGC.

#583 2 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Without reading through the entire thread, can the LED brightness for GI and inserts be turned down?

yes. I turned down my GI brightness a notch.

#591 2 years ago
Quoted from DavidMP:

Just arrived! No back box key for me though. Checked inside coin door very carefully and then inside cabinet thinking it may have come loose. No luck, so no topper. Awesome game so far though!!! Pics soon.

Take a look again. I did the same thing and was positive it wasn't there. After walking away and posting basically the same disappointed message I found it later. It is well camouflaged in there.

#620 2 years ago

My 15 year old son, who really could care less about pinball over the years, actually plays this game with me. Not just a couple of games either, but a dozen or more each time we play. It's really cool seeing him get excited over playing well and pissed when his game goes south. For that reason alone makes AFMR LE rock in my book.

#669 2 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Last night I had several balls hit the target squarely, then fly ALL the way back - in the air - over the flippers, or over the outlanes and into the drain. Yikes, I've not seen that before! It's like the drop target is energized!

I actually had this happen last night for the first time. Its was like the Martians were attacking back!

#673 2 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I just had a quick game and ended up completing all objectives, except I only had Mars to defeat (one more ball and I think I could have done it!).

Attacking Mars is the part that keeps me from RTU. Those up the center shots are very dangerous and too often end up going down the right outlane or SDTM. The other objectives are all very doable, though getting them all in a single game is still challenging.

1 week later
#784 2 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Black LE here. I'd call it more a semi-gloss than a gloss finish. It does show fingerprints, but not as much as the glass.

Looks like you changed your GI to cools. I did mine a while back as well and I feel it fits the theme better. I wonder how many others did the same?

As for the green or black. They both look great. I picked green to make it stand out among the other games (it very much does in a good way), but would have gone black otherwise.

#816 2 years ago

This is certainly not an easy game, but you always feel like victory is somewhere within your reach. That is what keeps me hitting the start button over and over.

1 week later
#873 2 years ago

I can't imaging getting a score like that (especially now that we have that flipper delay). I would be tickled to get a 4rth of that score.

1 month later
#1189 2 years ago
Quoted from zoda:

Questions to fellow AFMR Pinsiders with the various plastics with cracks in paintings, did you report this directly to CGI/PPS? What was the response about that (this thread has far to many posts to find previous answers in...) ?

Contact (email) CGC support. They sent out new plastics. Very easy to deal with.

2 weeks later
#1485 2 years ago

I'm curious about what some of the successful strategies are for getting RTU? For me, the only issue I have is getting through all the attack waves. Shooting up the middle leads to and out of control ball and far too many drains to get close. I have been able to get everything else except conquer Mars on a few games now. How the heck are you guys not draining out when shooting the shields/saucer?

#1488 2 years ago
Quoted from DavidMP:

I try to lower the force field before starting multi-ball

I've used that tactic as well, but you will need to do it 5 times, since there is 5 attack waves before Mars. That's quite a challenge itself. So you guys are (generally) starting a multiball for each attack wave?

1 week later
#1728 2 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

It's not just personal preference, it also depends on your homes AC voltage. I had to dial mine down to -23 and the flippers are still very strong. I decided to purchased this nifty little device to keep an eye on my voltage throughout the day.

I'm going to get some of these. I noticed some variation in my games on certain days. Some days the flippers seem overpowered (on more than one game) and some normal. I never quite understood why.

#1777 2 years ago

I was experiencing a progressively worse skill shot issue and tried upping the flipper power with no gain. Then I tried to align the plunger with washers like some have suggested here and there was no change to my failed shots. So I took a better look and could see the ball was getting airborne and hitting the ramp as it left the shooter lane. I know some have shimmed up the ramp to correct this. What I did was lower the plunger strength back down to default and it appears that did the trick. I played about 20 games without a single ball failing to make the skill shot orbit. So my guess is what may be happening to some here is what happened to me. You first up the plunger strength to max and then try other fixes. The problem is that the plunger strength needs to be reduced once the plunger is aligned to stop the air-balls.

#1948 2 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Does anyone make a mini saucer kit like Bill Ung does for AFMr?

CGC said they were going to sell a mini saucer kit at some point. That would be the way to go so you can get the color changing a pulsing effects.

#1956 2 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

OK Guys How many saucers have guys shot down in the video mode? How many do you have to hit to get extra ball?

I haven't even seen the mother ship yet. I not only suck and pinball, but at video modes as well. lol

#1968 2 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I just swing my barrel pretty much all the way back and forth. It keeps pretty good coverage. I’ve gotten the eb a few times and mothership once (it was awesome). Try that.

Do you start left or right? I've tried the left to right swing, but somehow one always gets through.

1 week later
#2277 2 years ago

CGC already announced that they were not going to sell the LE topper. They would look like douche bags if they came back and said they were just kidding. So I think that discussion is really off the table at this point. They did announce at the same time that they would sell the mini saucer lights and has much as I love the topper, the mini saucer lights are the one that really drew me into the remake and too me is the best feature outside of the larger screen.

#2285 2 years ago
Quoted from huo:

I’ve got about a hundred games in and I haven’t got video mode once. Some long games. Is there a setting thats not enabled?

I've had some longer games without getting the video mode as well. Mostly because I'm not trying for it. If you want to get it, keep completing the inlane lights to light sol hole then keep collecting the sol. It will come up.

#2365 2 years ago

The topper discussion is perplexing. LEs are still available for purchase. If you want the topper, buy an LE. It's likely going to cost much more to add the mini saucer lights and topper (they are not going to be selling it anyway) later. It's a better deal to just buy the LE.

I reached attack Mars for the second time since ive owned this game and failed. How many shots does it take to blow up Mars? I had the planet down to just a few chunks before the ball drained leaving me drenched in foul language. I've been playing the crap out of this driven to get RTU. This game is crazy addictive. It lets you get so close to winning and then steals it away forcing you to press start again for another try.

1 week later
#2536 2 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

I am hearing that so far there is disappointment with how the remakes are selling. The expectation was that the AFMr LE was expected to sell out in three months.

They made too many of them. My guess is that 1000 LEs will satisfy most of the demand and the SE and classics will be very short runs. MMR was a bit different with all the excitement it had due to its ridiculous price it was fetching before the remake. People who thought they would never be able to own one were lining up to get them at a significantly reduced price.

1 week later
#2757 2 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

Best solution to avoid dimpling is to remove the balls, and only stare at the game from this point on.
Problem solved!

Or play the crap out of it until they all blend together.

#2822 2 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

My Mantis appears to be just slightly higher still. It appears that it needs to be almost flush tocompletely protect the hole.

That's about where mine is at. Many many games and not chipping. I added the mothership cliffy since I knew that area would get abused. No others added and no chipping I can find anywhere else. I do have the center drop target cliffy, I just don't like the way it looks there. I must have been lucky to get one of the early units and have not had the issues described here aside from the launch issue. That was corrected by leveling the plunger.

#2834 2 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

I had a bit on the shooter lane where the ball pops out. I added the 2 cliffys that go there and it's good.

Yes I forgot about that. I did put the protection on my shooting lane. That's a standard procedure for any NIB game for me, so I forgot to mention it specifically.

#2960 2 years ago
Quoted from WackyBrakke:

Got confirmation mine shipped from PPS today

Did you inquire or did they just email you this confirmation? I haven't heard anything from them.

#2965 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Did you buy your game from them ? Did you contact them ?

Yes and no I did not contact them. I suppose I need to.

1 week later
#3190 2 years ago

I guess I've been lucky as I've had none of the issues aside from the cracked plastics, which CGC sent me new ones. I've had my game since August and play almost daily. I wasn't even having any issues before installing the PIC 2 as I just kept my coils strengths at default and it played fine (too me). I will say its a bit smoother feeling after the PIC 2. I think CGC will take care of the issues, it will just be a hassle for those affected. There's always a risk with a NIB purchase, since you can't pre-play it before you buy.

1 week later
#3433 2 years ago

While I agree that the games should have the protectors factory installed (at least this came with the SOL protected), that fact is that most do not. So that leaves you with a few choices.
Buy and play without protection and hope for the best.
Buy and not play, keeping everything perfect all the while you can enjoy bragging about its amazing condition.
Buy and protect. Then play the crap out of it without worry, like I did.
Don't buy one.

#3442 2 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I have my game at 7.4 and flippers at -3 and Titan flipper rubber. Everything else at default. My games are normally under 1 billion but had a 3.5 bill and total annihilation twice..... very sucky, I know. I brick a lot of shots and seems like “cheap drains” quite often.
I’m thinking of expanding the ball save time and playing with the outline posts. What does it mean to make the outlines easier? Am I “ raising the posts “ and if so, am I literally screwing them out of the playfield a touch? Aside from more practice, any suggestions that has mercy on me until I get a better hang of the game would be appreciated.

Its a brutal and unforgiving game. I've had mine around 6 months now and it kicks the shit out of me the vast majority of time. The thing is that this is not an incredibly deep game, so I don't want to make it easy. The fact that's its brutal makes it a keeper. However, I did finally give into lowering the outlane posts and that did help me some. Though I haven't made it to RTU of even successfully destroyed Mars. So its still plenty difficult....for me. Of course I suck and won't go into the list of things I've not accomplished on TWD after 2 years.

#3449 2 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

This. I am thinking of aiming for the posts themselves. Maybe I'd hit more ramp entrances this way?

This works for me when attacking Martians. I found that when I'm shooting for the ramps or center, I hit mostly Martians and when shooting for Martians, I hit ramps and center. So now when Martians are jumping around, I just ignore them and play normal. I tend to kill the most using this strategy.

#3489 2 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

I don’t think that’s planking

It's not planking. It looks more like poorly prepped wood was painted. That's what it would look like if it wasn't sanded perfectly smooth before painting.

#3494 2 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

Maybe but why is it getting worse? I have theories but it gets slowly worse.

If its truly getting worse then that's another issue. I can't say for certain as I only have the provided pictures to go off of and mine is smooth as glass after 6 months (aside from dimples of course). Typically planking comes from long periods of time of extremely high humid exposure that causes the glue to loose adhesion from wood expanding and contracting. I'm no expert so I'm only going off of information I have read about over the years. Anyway, unless it has been abused, I would certainly demand a new populated playfield from CGC. The good news there is that these new playfields will be much easier to swap out (populated) than the old days.

#3797 2 years ago

My game has none of the playfield issues (any issues really) that some people are having and I consider myself fortunate. It seems like its coming out of the later runs (I've had mine for six months and a ton of plays on it). If I were CGC, I would work to make these right as some people have legitimate gripes (like the off color and prominent wood grain). They need to step back before dismissing the complaints and ask themselves if they would be happy if it was their brand new 8k game? I really doubt they would and if that's the case, action needs to be taken to make it right. The sales of game three depends on it.

#4035 2 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

Yellow from the ship...the colors are off everywhere when you start comparing. Below are from an original.

Though I agree that nude laser blasts are odd looking and make little sense in the world as we know, the "colors are off everywhere" is only true if your comparing to the original. However the "colors are off" in general terms is subjective, as I would argue that the trees look more green in the remake which looks better IMO. To me, I don't care if it deviates from the original (that's why I picked up the LE and not a classic model), as long as it looks better and of course that is all a matter of opinion.

#4059 2 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

But shouldn't the playfield at LEAST match the plastics? THAT'S the problem with the nude playfield color mistake. It's CLEARLY a mistake because it doesn't even match the same design on the plastics.

Agreed. As I stated, the nude laser blasts doesn't set well with me (personally), as such the rest of the matching nude on the playfield doesn't either. Maybe there are others that it doesn't bother?

1 week later
#4362 1 year ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

Obligated to post this 35-40 min game extra difficult settings.

I was always curious how you guys that play this good can enjoy pinball. I would think that you would get bored of most games in very short time. After seven months I'm still working on destroying Mars. This game and TWD just kicks the dick off me 98% of the time. Its that 2% rush that keeps me sucked it.

#4367 1 year ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

I have 27 games how many do you have?

What if he had 28? Would that have made is opinion more or less worthy then if he only had 5?

#4372 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I think the point is more games purchased/owned, the more experience with what to expect from the game, distributors, manufacturers

Fair enough, but I know there are guys that only keep a few games, but buy and sell every game that comes out. So its not a one-size-fits-all metric. Just saying.

#4408 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

The issue is the sticker on the side was damaged (towards the bottom about the size of a quarter)

That sucks. Was it damaged in shipping or from the factory? If from the factory, shame on them for not catching that before boxing it up. I have to admit, I'd be none to pleased. The problem is that if you ever try to sell it, the buyer is going to beat you over the head for a discount because of it.

#4445 1 year ago
Quoted from abagwell:

As I said before, you aren't seeing all the games where we do nothing and get beat down by it, no one is posting those scores!

That's cool. I just got a little jealous of your score and frustrated that I can't even get near a third of that. I'm thinking maybe I need to give those titan flipper rubbers a try. I want to RTU so bad!

3 weeks later
#4783 1 year ago
Quoted from DngrWillRobinson:

Just played first game in about two weeks. First ball, conquer Mars no problem, score 16+ billion. I’m cruising to a new high score and hopefully Rule the Universe. After next two balls, final score 16.9 billion, WTF. Still loving this game.

This is what makes this game so friggen addictive. It's like it knows just how much it needs to give you to keep you hooked, without giving it all away.

1 week later
#4849 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

ball to make it halfway up the lock ramp, to roll back down and go directly into the right outlane?

Nudge like Hell. That saves mine most of the time when I see it heading that way.

1 week later
#4900 1 year ago

The mini saucer light show is an absolute must for me. That's the one single thing I couldn't live without on this game. They did an amazing job there with the 2 (red/green) colors and the way they pulse after the shields go down and the way they spin at the start of multiball.

#4917 1 year ago

5 way combo away from RTU today and had two balls left to spare. Choked! The bad part is that I can often times get 5-way and nothing else.

1 month later
#5254 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

They were already installed on the one we have since the initial owner got them, but they are very cool. Definitely recommend

Those are sweet. If I didn't already have the stock mirrors on mine, I would have those on for sure. If my mirrors ever get scratched up, I'll pull them off to add those.

#5256 1 year ago

Nice find. I never realized these existed. I will be a set for sure.

2 weeks later
#5322 1 year ago
Quoted from neverahighscore:

Little extra love for my LE!

Where did you get that?

So last night I was able to hit all 4 hurry-ups at once for 1 billion points. I never thought I would be able to pull this off, but at one point I realized I had all the final shots ready and hadn't yet started any of them. Up until this point I wasn't really trying for this, it just worked out. I was able to start each one within the hurry-up time, though I almost lost it on the atomic blaster shot, got it with the last remaining few seconds on the clock. Pretty cool. Now I'm curious how many others have pulled this off?

#5324 1 year ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

It’s much easier than most think to pull this off: Hit each shot twice lining up the last shot to enable hurry up. After the second hurry up, take your time! Cradle after every recovery shot, focus, and start knockin them down.

I had one game recently over 80B where I pulled it off several times in that one game. It’ll never happen again! Most I’ve ever done it in a single game prior to that is 3 times.

Wow! OK, too me it seemed to be a more difficult task than that. I always end up completing one of the hurry-ups ahead of the others. Quite often I finish one from the super skill shot (tractor beam usually), when I was really wanting to hit the shields. Yah, my shot control has always been problematic.

#5369 1 year ago

Now people can't say its an empty looking playfield anymore. I ordered one as well, it fills that spot in nicely and looks stock.

1 week later
#5463 1 year ago
Quoted from pickleric:

Both titan and superband rubbers were much better for me than stock rubbers. I ended up preferring superbands on this game.

I did the same and it made a very noticeable difference (in a good way).

#5468 1 year ago

Very well stated Lyod. If the guys that are dropping 10k on Alien with no parts, no support, propritary boards, and only a handful of owners can keep their games going, what do we need to worry about? Besides, out of the thousands of MMR and AFMR owners out there, I've heard of no one having that type of catastrophic issue and that includes routed games with a ton of plays.

#5472 1 year ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

I just beat the mothership in video mode.

I haven't even seen the mothership yet, though I did get the extra ball once.

#5479 1 year ago

Try turning down the shooter lane coil strength. That's all I had to do on mine and it makes it around 99% of the time with plenty of speed (for me).

#5527 1 year ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

I am on the hunt for an AFMr. Just curious if I get the standard without going through this thread are there kits you can add or mods to make the saucers closer to the LE?

At one point a while back, they said there would be mini saucer kits for the SE, but my guess is that they didn't sell enough SEs to make it worth the cost/effort. Most people bought LEs and with 1k of them, it was enough to fill the current demand. Just my guess.

#5541 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

But after playing now several times a day, I am getting the hang of it. hitting 5 way combos now. I am getting to Martian multi-ball. Got to the super jackpot on standard MB (but didn't collect), got to strobe MB. I will say it's a lot of repeating the same few rules over and over which I was worried about. But it's also great fun. I know the rules are nothing like TWD/Woz layered and complex, but they are great fun and not easy to accomplish (for me) to get close to RTU yet. I am greatly enjoying the pin.

You've went down the same road as me in terms of my initial concerns and exposure to this game up until I purchased a AFMRLE. The ones I played before were mostly blown out and/or stock, so I was usually just marginally impressed. CGC hit this remake out of the park. I've owned mine for almost a year now and its still a blast to play. Deep rules? No. However, this game just has that special sauce that a great pinball machine has at its core and the remake LE features just puts it on top for me. Still have to get to RTU....

BTW - make sure you adjust the strobe effects up if you haven't already.

1 month later
#5763 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Is there an easy fix to make it look better?

I'd say lightly hit it with a black paint pen or small brush to cover up the white marks. At least its just at the bottom edge. Just go very light and carefully so you don't end up with globs that go outside the white area, which could look worse. Better yet, try these.

amazon.com link »

#5779 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

What would you do if your wife called you in for dinner with the family right as you lit RTU for the first time?

Fantastic score! Dinner would have to wait, as getting RTU could be a once in the lifetime event for me personally. Someone is going to have to be in peril for me to walk away from a lit RTU.

2 months later
#6002 1 year ago
Quoted from mrs_mezelmods:

More in production! Sorry they went so fast- well, I'm not sorry they went fast but sorry we don't have more now! Soon!

You guys hit a home run with that. I can't imagine mine without it now. What makes this a great mod, is that it looks like its supposed to be there.

1 month later
#6196 1 year ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

So this is my first day playing my new AFMrLE. I just finished ruler of the universe (29 Billion) is there anymore wizard modes to this or did I just finish the game? Its beautiful, I love it, but afraid this might be way to easy if you are a decent pinball player right?

The game may be too easy for you. I'm an average player at best, and after 15 months of ownership, I have been one shot away from lighting rule the universe. So it's more than challenging for someone of my caliber. I suppose you can try raising the pitch, closing the outlanes, and removing the extra balls.

Added 14 months ago:

Edit - Should have said open the outlanes

2 months later
#6479 11 months ago

I know on the LE there is a separate board the topper connects to. I'm not sure if that's what you would need here. Otherwise I'm thinking you would need to tap the GI or some aux power source somewhere.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigdaddy07.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside