IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0408 (resized).JPG
IMG_0407 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 211.
#451 6 years ago

Any suggestions for rule sheets or strategy guides?

Initial plays are fun but mostly clueless.

#452 6 years ago

Can't seem to start a support ticket without a US address. Doesn't seem to work for a Canadian address. Anybody have any ideas?

#453 6 years ago
Quoted from Knx873:

Can't seem to start a support ticket without a US address. Doesn't seem to work for a Canadian address. Anybody have any ideas?

Set up a profile on CGC first and then use that to log in and submit a ticket. My profile set up fine with Canada address

#454 6 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Any suggestions for rule sheets or strategy guides?
Initial plays are fun but mostly clueless.

This might be helpful http://pinball.org/rules/attackfrommars3.html

Enjoy

#455 6 years ago

So, minor question ( love the game):

Did the LE ship with any goody bag of sorts ( # certificate, key fob, etc.)?

I think I just got the manual, bag w tilt weight, balls, and power cord plate.

Truly think this is an amazing machine....just curious of the little things...seems they might have wanted to put some commemorative paperwork or something with it.....

#456 6 years ago

Just got my LE Friday. No goody bag. Same stuff you describe. Game build quality is amazing. A fun game for sure. Top Rated pin The topper is so cool!! The best I have seen yet and I have 30 machines with all kinds of toppers.

IMG_4674 (resized).JPGIMG_4674 (resized).JPG

#457 6 years ago

Yeah no goody bag but i would say the box with topper puts any goodie bag I left stapled inside my cabinet to shame.

#458 6 years ago

There was a small plastic piece inside a baggie with the power cord retaining plate & screws.

What is the purpose of that? I thought I had read is was some sort of flipper alignment gauge; not sure how that'd be used.

#459 6 years ago

It slips between the flipper steel shaft and the bushing mounted through the playfield to put space between the parts. When I realigned my flippers I left that tool in place while I tightened everything down.

#460 6 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

There was a small plastic piece inside a baggie with the power cord retaining plate & screws.
What is the purpose of that? I thought I had read is was some sort of flipper alignment gauge; not sure how that'd be used.

Were the screws inside that bag? I just got my LE, #197 on Friday and set it up yesterday. I couldn't find the screws for that plate.

On another note I felt like it played just like the original. My auto-plunger needs some adjustment (won't make it around for the skill shot). But, overall I'm blown away by the game. I have no complaints at all and was surprised at how close to being dialed in and play-ready it was out of the box.

#461 6 years ago
Quoted from adii:

Were the screws inside that bag? I just got my LE, #197 on Friday and set it up yesterday. I couldn't find the screws for that plate.

Yep, screws were in the bag with the plate.

#462 6 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

The screws are black and could be 1/8" longer if possible.

#463 6 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Just got my LE Friday. No goody bag. Same stuff you describe. Game build quality is amazing. A fun game for sure. Top Rated pin The topper is so cool!! The best I have seen yet and I have 30 machines with all kinds of toppers.

Lovin' the black... I've ordered stainless, but might end up powder coating depending on how stainless looks in real life.

#464 6 years ago

Question on Playfield Inclination:

After an initial adjustment, using my digital laser level down near the flippers, I see my desired value of 6.7 deg. When I slide the level up near the center 3-bank, I get a reading of 5.5 deg. Left-to-right is dead nuts 0.0 deg at both locations. Is this variation in inclination typical? Slightly warped playfield? Concerns?

#465 6 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

After an initial adjustment, using my digital laser level down near the flippers, I see my desired value of 6.7 deg. When I slide the level up near the center 3-bank, I get a reading of 5.5 deg. Left-to-right is dead nuts 0.0 deg at both locations. Is this variation in inclination typical? Slightly warped playfield? Concerns?

The game is made on a piece of plywood it will settle down in a few weeks.
I usually measure in 3 places and set it to an average of 6.5 for most games.
I have my AFMr set at 6.7 degrees right now it plays fast and fun!

The outlanes are brutal, same as the original!

I hesitate to close the outlanes to make the game play easier but Im not looking for long ball times. I have the Hobbit for that.
I have had great games with the outlanes set as is from CGC.

The AFMr hits it out of the park on so many levels.
I want to sell my MM and get the MMr now !

#466 6 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Gotcha, thanks. Mine were missing.

#467 6 years ago

I am starting to get some bounce back on some of my ball launches. Hits the metal curve up near the top, dead stops and comes out the lane onto the table. Maybe a 3rd of the time. Initially it didn't seem to do that. Not sure if the table has shifted. I bumped up the plunger strength by 1 also - could that be the problem?

On a slightly different note, seems like some of these settings in the CGC menu might not correlate to the actual defaults. Several things I added +1 to the default strength and they actually seem *less* "powerful" (flippers, plunger). Is that possible?

I am running the latest code....

#468 6 years ago
Quoted from Deadpin:

I am starting to get some bounce back on some of my ball launches. Hits the metal curve up near the top, dead stops and comes out the lane onto the table. Maybe a 3rd of the time. Initially it didn't seem to do that. Not sure if the table has shifted. I bumped up the plunger strength by 1 also - could that be the problem?
On a slightly different note, seems like some of these settings in the CGC menu might not correlate to the actual defaults. Several things I added +1 to the default strength and they actually seem *less* "powerful" (flippers, plunger). Is that possible?
I am running the latest code....

I get this a lot as well.

#469 6 years ago

What do you guys have your pitch set to? I have mine set to 7.4 and it rarely has that issue. Maybe 1 out of 20 plunges. When I had mine set lower, it felt floaty and the shots weaker. Plays like a beast as is.

#470 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

What do you guys have your pitch set to? I have mine set to 7.4 and it rarely has that issue. Maybe 1 out of 20 plunges. When I had mine set lower, it felt floaty and the shots weaker. Plays like a beast as is.

I had the pitch at 7.2 and the game was really fast! Oddly with that pitch the outlanes were less brutal.
But I settled at about 6.7 degrees with a little higher flipper power.
I get an airball once in awhile but I think the game play seems more balanced at 6.7 degrees, and allows for some nudging fun.

#471 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I had the pitch at 7.2 and the game was really fast! Oddly with that pitch the outlanes were less brutal.
But I settled at about 6.7 degrees with a little higher flipper power.

Yah its fast, but that's how I like it. My thought on the pitch in relation to the plunge getting around the loop for the skill shot is that with a steeper pitch, the ball will get settled back into the plunger a half second quicker and allow a solid plunge. My thought is that it's possibly a timing issue and the ball getting hit before its fully seated and resulting in a soft plunge. I could be wrong, just a theory.

#472 6 years ago
Quoted from bdaley6509:

I get this a lot as well.

I've been talking about this for a while. I get similar rattle around type stuff on the left loop shot as well. I haven't FULLY leveled mine though so I'm taking it with a grain of salt

#473 6 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Mine was the same, steeper near the flippers, approx 0.5 to 0.75 of a degree different. Opened a ticket with CGC and was told it is normal. Going to keep an eye on it over the next couple months, my guess is it will settle. In any case it is having zero impact on game play so I am just

#474 6 years ago

Success! I got my topper to fit in my low-ceiling finished basement! I was looking to harvest parts from this topper to construct my own topper, sans Martian! :

I knew it would be close, but thought for sure it would not fit. The topper backboard fit exactly, with paper-thin clearance with the ceiling. OK, interesting, but the martian was taller than the backboard by a good inch (at his max height position).

I lowered the topper backboard by ~1in by adding 4 new mtg holes in the backboard. The material drilled thru very nicely and neatly - no tearing whatsoever. I slid the topper onto the machine, with the martian's head slightly jammed into the ceiling.

In test mode, I tried with the martian setting = Full - Yep, he whacked his head on the ceiling - but when I switched the setting = OFF, I noticed he came to rest in the minimum height position. Approx ~1in from the ceiling. I'll just leave the martian setting = OFF, it's all about the light show for me really.

So, fits like a glove

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#475 6 years ago

Finally in the club! LE 186 made it home!

2017-08-29 14.31.21 (resized).jpg2017-08-29 14.31.21 (resized).jpg

#476 6 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Success! I got my topper to fit in my low-ceiling finished basement! I was looking to harvest parts from this topper to construct my own topper, sans Martian! :
I knew it would be close, but thought for sure it would not fit. The topper backboard fit exactly, with paper-thin clearance with the ceiling. OK, interesting, but the martian was taller than the backboard by a good inch (at his max height position).
I lowered the topper backboard by ~1in by adding 4 new mtg holes in the backboard. The material drilled thru very nicely and neatly - no tearing whatsoever. I slid the topper onto the machine, with the martian's head slightly jammed into the ceiling.
In test mode, I tried with the martian setting = Full - Yep, he whacked his head on the ceiling - but when I switched the setting = OFF, I noticed he came to rest in the minimum height position. Approx ~1in from the ceiling. I'll just leave the martian setting = OFF, it's all about the light show for me really.
So, fits like a glove

I have a low ceiling as well. How high is your ceiling? Because I didn't think I could use the topper I ordered an SE. If I can fit the topper will change to an le.

#477 6 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

I have a low ceiling as well. How high is your ceiling? Because I didn't think I could use the topper I ordered an SE. If I can fit the topper will change to an le.

My ceiling is just a shade taller than 84 in. After my adjustments, the topper backboard is just over 8 inches tall. The Martian is ~9 inches tall.

Does the SE include the necessary topper controller?

#478 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I want to sell my MM and get the MMr now !

Wayyyy ahead of ya! Just traded my original for an LE with cash.

#479 6 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

So, fits like a glove

Or get shorter pinball legs....

#480 6 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Or get shorter pinball legs....

The topic of lifting the house came up.

#481 6 years ago

Just got my LE, set it up, and balls are not loading into shooter lane. Flippers aren't working. I'm lost!

The game is on, music and lights going, and the target bank keeps going up and down and the gates keep clicking.

Did I miss something on the install? I plugged it in, loaded balls...

Help please!

#482 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Just got my LE, set it up, and balls are not loading into trough. Flippers aren't working. I'm lost!
The game is on, music and lights going, and the target bank keeps going up and down and the gates keep clicking.
Help please!

My regular checkup on a shipped game:

Turn off the game.
Check every single connector under the playfield and in the backbox by unplugging and replugging.
Take careful notice that no pins in any connector are pushed out and no wires are loose or cracked or over crimped on connectors.
Check that the fuses are not loose.
Check that the beaglebone black board is seated properly.
look for any loose wires.

After a few games check every single screw for tightness and glue in any loose ones with titebond 3.

Stuff comes loose in shipping.

#483 6 years ago

Officially in. #233

IMG_6956 (resized).JPGIMG_6956 (resized).JPG

#484 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Just got my LE, set it up, and balls are not loading into shooter lane. Flippers aren't working. I'm lost!
Help please!

If the target bank is cycling it sounds like the game is not reading some switches. I would take the glass off and get into switch edge test and let us know if the game is able to read the playfield and cabinet switches and report back.

Marc

#485 6 years ago

Make sure the metal flap is depressing the high power interlock switch sufficiently.

LTG : )
Disclaimer : He was on the help desk and already figured it out.

#486 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

If the target bank is cycling it sounds like the game is not reading some switches. I would take the glass off and get into switch edge test and let us know if the game is able to read the playfield and cabinet switches and report back.
Marc

Went through the entire game and disconnected and reconnected everything.

Then I got a quick reply from Lloyd (LTG) at CGC and he helped me diagnose the problem. It was the metal bracket on the coin door that depresses the high power interlock. The bracket was bent inward, not pushing it down enough. Game is up and running and looks, sounds, and plays beautifully!

CGC (namely LTG of course) has impressed once again. Super fast responses, and great knowledge. I'm already saving up for the next remake!

#487 6 years ago
Quoted from markp99:

Does the SE include the necessary topper controller?

It does not.

#488 6 years ago

I would assume it doesn't have the holes on top for the topper either.

#489 6 years ago

#490 6 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

It does not.

#491 6 years ago
Quoted from Nexyss:

It does not.

#492 6 years ago

I don't know about you guys, but the right outlane is my nemesis. Easily 90% of the drains. Still, the game is a blast. I wish I could get to strobe a little more often. Anyone make RTU yet?

#493 6 years ago

Added some bling.

20170829_195733 (resized).jpg20170829_195733 (resized).jpg

20170829_195719 (resized).jpg20170829_195719 (resized).jpg

#494 6 years ago

Didn't think they went with just an off the shelf monitor for this title.

http://wgsd.co.kr/product1/

#495 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I don't know about you guys, but the right outlane is my nemesis. Easily 90% of the drains. Still, the game is a blast. I wish I could get to strobe a little more often. Anyone make RTU yet?

What is up with that right lane? It's a bitch....

#496 6 years ago

Just to confirm, the pitch on my game when using my digital level is much steeper up near the ship then it is down by the flippers.

Glad to hear this is normal. I originally was set at 7.7 between the flippers but the ball was flying so fast around the light lock ramp that it was flying off into the shooter lane or elsewhere. Now down to recommended 6.7 and has only happened once I think.

#497 6 years ago
Quoted from Deadpin:

What is up with that right lane? It's a bitch....

The outlines on both the original and the remake are absolutely brutal. It's a game that really needs you to nudge well.

Marc

#498 6 years ago

I noticed a bunch of hairline cracks on my plastics, and know I've read about them in previous posts, so I was curious to hear how you all got it resolved?

#499 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

I noticed a bunch of hairline cracks on my plastics, and know I've read about them in previous posts, so I was curious to hear how you all got it resolved?

File a ticket with CGC is what others have done I believe...

#500 6 years ago

i have heard from cliffys protectors and his afm protector has been modified can anyone please advise on do i need athe full cliffy kit and do i also need the ramp protectors thank you

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
Other
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek
Toys/Add-ons
$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 210.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
15,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pelzer, SC
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Baltimore, MD
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Gainesville, GA
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe
Cabinet parts
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus
Sound/Speakers
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 211.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.