pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0458 (resized).JPG
IMG_0459 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_0457 (resized).JPG
IMG_0456 (resized).JPG
IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 PinGuy's links to unboxing and SOL potential issue. Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #5 SOL protector issue Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #73 LED info Posted by stpcore (6 years ago)

Post #145 Cliffy install info Posted by evh347 (6 years ago)

Post #149 Firmware 1.0.0 Posted by Pin_Guy (6 years ago)

Post #189 info on using AFM cliffys Posted by GorillaBiscuits (6 years ago)

Post #357 Topper connector issue Posted by LTG (6 years ago)

Post #366 Image of Cliffy addition to scoop. Posted by sparechange1974 (6 years ago)

Post #368 Cliffy install info Posted by sparechange1974 (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider freegame450.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1976 6 years ago

Yup, LE #635 with playfield 897. Ball launch works good on this one even though the plunger is striking a bit on the high side.

1 week later
#2281 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

It's simple though. Limited Edition means it's limited runs, period. You can't get make the same topper available to everyone after selling it as limited edition with a serial number without legal ramifications. They know that. If they don't want to deal with 'stomping feet', ( making something reasonable and legally binding sound childish ) than they should not make LEs.

As a new LE owner I am in agreement with bitpatrol. Why sell them as Limited Editions if unique key components would be readily available to everyone who wanted to add them at a later time. It is not a matter of cost differential as much as it is the principle of having different versions of the pinball machine.

#2380 6 years ago
Quoted from Miknan:

There needs to be a dedicated topper thread...I just got mine today! However, topper isn't working right. I copied this from CGC and I'm having the exact same problem. Any ideas?
Alien topper does not work correctly. All connections are plugged in and verified. Only the alien eyes and the led strip that lights the front of the alien light. The motor, flashers, saucer lights, and city led strips do not work. However right at start up the saucer lights on the topper will spin/light once then never again while game is on. During topper test, neither the motor, city lights, mini saucers, flasher test, Martian test... nothing works. All fuses seem good and have four green lights lite on the topper board.

Pull that little 3 amp fuse out of the topper control board and make 100 percent sure that it is still good. The topper board will still have green LEDs lit even when the fuse blows, but the Martian shaker motor will not work. My Machine blew that fuse for some unknown reason.... I replaced the fuse and have not had any further problems with the Martian shaker motor.

#2498 6 years ago
Quoted from WizWiggy:

They were checked while in the machine, didn't think it mattered?

Sometimes you can get a false reading if the fuse is checked while in the board. It is always best to check fuses when they are either fully removed or at a minimum pry one end up and away from the contacts.

3 weeks later
#2953 6 years ago

Giving a nod to Pinball Pro. They provided several emails regarding the status and shipment of PIC 2.0 chips. Very nice that they gave customers some piece of mind by emailing information.

#2977 6 years ago
Quoted from Miknan:

This might sound stupid but my jet bumpers don't work upon initial launch. You'll do the skill shot then will hit them without popping and dribble down. But after that any shot that puts it back up there they work just fine. I thought maybe it was suppose to be disabled for the first part but I guess not. Is there a setting for that?

The pop bumpers on my LE we're not very lively and had a bit of the problem that you are describing. I adjusted the leaves switches on the three pop bumpers just a "hair" tighter and now they react much more as they should.

10 months later
#6125 5 years ago

Also planning to buy Eddy mod once I see it in stock.

1 month later
#6263 5 years ago
Quoted from lb1:

On my game, a lock shot that does not go all the way and comes back down tends to return to the right outlane. Can this be reduced by some adjustment?

I used to have that problem on my machine when it was fresh out of the box. Then after a few months I removed the black post sleeve rubber and replaced with gray Titan sleeves at the ramp entrances. The post sleeves that I got from Titan were ever so slightly thicker/fatter than the factory sleeves, so when a failed shot rolls back down and hits the sleeve the ball now bounces further to the right, usually ending up at or above the Martian targets. Essentially the problem got solved by accident, but I am happy that it worked out that way.

3 weeks later
#6342 5 years ago

Congrats. I am sure that it was quite the rush.

10 months later
#7888 4 years ago

I think that the Pinball’s that CGC uses are decent, but want to pass a word of caution for anyone buying a NIB machine. The metal SOL scoop will have sharp square edges on it as made from the factory. These sharp edges will become smooth and rounded over the first 100 or so games. But the smoothing of the scoop edges will come at the expense of very small (almost microscopic) nicks on the pinballs. Check the pinballs after 20-30 games, see if you can feel any nicks with your fingernail. If so, then these nicks can make very fine scuffs on the play field and the balls should be replaced. I swapped out pinballs a couple of times as my new machine was breaking in.
I feel the Ball Baron Ninja pinballs are the best that I have found.

1 month later
#8109 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

That was my first reaction but after I calmed down and thought about it, I was the one who changed something to be out of spec by introducing non-OEM parts. As frustrating as it might be, I took the risk and I am responsible by the letter of the law. Just wanted to share my story not as a complaint or pity party, rather, I didn't want my idea/action to cause the same problem for anyone else.

Sorry to hear that this happened to you, but thank you for sharing the story. Invariably you are helping others prevent this from happening to them.

#8133 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Finally fot to play a AFMR tonight and wow, it is soooo good! Now i gotta decide which to buy between AFMR and MBR. I like the MB theme better but this game is amazing also.

I have an original MB and an AFMr. Being just an average player I find the AFM to be a much more challenging machine, and very rewarding when having good games. MB on the other hand is considerably easier, but like you said it has a great theme and a great look to it. If I get too frustrated playing one of my other pins I can usually go to MB and have a fun game no matter what.

Would like to ask you a question Who-Dey. Noticed that you have AS pro and Munsters prem. How do you like/compare the play of those two pins?

#8143 4 years ago

Great story. Very happy for you PinLen83

2 weeks later
#8215 4 years ago

I have owned my AFMrLE for two years, and today is the first time that I got the cow attack video mode.
Does anybody know what the criteria is to start the cow attack video mode?
I do normally hit the launch button rapidly after a cow appears on a big old beam ramp shot…....Just because I like to hear the cow sound repeatedly. Thinking this is tied into the cow video mode, but not sure.

#8218 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I suggest you read this: http://pinball.org/rules/attackfrommars.html
...There is also a way to turn the flying saucers into cows! To do it you have to get the cow off of the big-o-beam and the tractor beam and while it is showing the animation of the cow hit the launch button (you will hear a strange noise if you do it right). If you get video mode after doing this it will change video mode into a sort of "Attack From the Pasture!"

Thanks. It was in fact the “Attack from the Pasture” mode that I was playing. Entertaining to say the least.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 79.00
$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 16.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods

$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider freegame450.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club?tu=freegame450 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.