IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0408 (resized).JPG
IMG_0407 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 93 of 211.
#4601 6 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Maybe Doug can bring some key fobs to TPF and pass them out at the show.

When the discussion has degenerated to key fobs, everyone has officially ran out of shit to talk.

#4602 6 years ago

No key fob? I want a whole new game.

#4603 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

No key fob? I want a whole new game.

I'm thinking a class action lawsuit is in order. Who's with me? /pitchforks

#4604 6 years ago

Can someone add post #2401 to the key post index? It provides a link to the "fix your shooter lane" pdf from CGC. Maybe there's a better post somewhere in this thread, but I think this deserves to be a key post

#4606 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

ebay.com link » Attack From Mars Promo Plastic Keychain Set Super Rare

I bought a handful of these from Marco's. Any Aussie AFMR folk who want one PM me and I'll sling you one in the post when they arrive. First in first served.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/PK-AFMKEY

#4607 6 years ago

Soooo, I’ve looked in settings and cannot seem to find the launch button/shooter coil power adjustment.... can someone please point the way.

#4608 6 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

can someone please point the way.

LTG : )

#4609 6 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

Soooo, I’ve looked in settings and cannot seem to find the launch button/shooter coil power adjustment.... can someone please point the way.

You have to hold the service button in for like 4-5 seconds to access the CGC-specific menu.

#4610 6 years ago
Quoted from pocketscience:

I bought a handful of these from Marco's. Any Aussie AFMR folk who want one PM me and I'll sling you one in the post when they arrive. First in first served.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/PK-AFMKEY

All spoken for, apart from one spare I'm going to throw to the wolves at AA.

#4611 6 years ago

On the heels of what was a really popular promo for the MMR folks, Ball Baron is offering the same deal for AFMR owners this weekend......

Get 20 Ninja pinballs, the shiniest ball on the planet, for $25 (normally $39).

1. Add 20 Ninja balls to your cart:
https://ballbaron.com/product/ninja-super-shiny-chrome-pinball-g10/
2. Apply coupon code "afmrweekend" at checkout. Enjoy!

Offer expires Sun 3/11/18 @ 11:59pm EST.

#4612 6 years ago

What a catch..!

201225BF-D286-442B-8001-1315B4A88324 (resized).jpeg201225BF-D286-442B-8001-1315B4A88324 (resized).jpeg

#4613 6 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

On the heels of what was a really popular promo for the MMR folks, Ball Baron is offering the same deal for AFMR owners this weekend......

Thank you for posting this! I had wanted to try some of these and the discount is a good reason to place an order!

Happy weekend everyone!

#4614 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

Thank you for posting this! I had wanted to try some of these and the discount is a good reason to place an order!
Happy weekend everyone!

Let me know how these turn out if you don't mind, I'm going to be in the market for some new balls soon and I've really got no idea which ones I should be buying.

#4615 6 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

Let me know how these turn out if you don't mind, I'm going to be in the market for some new balls soon and I've really got no idea which ones I should be buying.

I just got some and they are great! They came with one white glove to handle them! Super nice touch!

#4616 6 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

Will do. I always bought the PBL ooh shiny in bulk, but I am running out. Given that AFM don’t have magnets, these balls should be great.

#4617 6 years ago

I joined the club. Bought the last LE in green from Game Exchange. Any must haves? I will start reading the thread but it is 90 pages long.

#4618 6 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

I joined the club. Bought the last LE in green from Game Exchange. Any must haves? I will start reading the thread but it is 90 pages long.

Cliffies for the shooter lane, stroke of luck front and moving target panel. Make sure it's been upgraded to the PIC 2.0 chip so it doesn't blow up your driver board.

The lit UFO art blades that animate are pretty sweet. I recommend those for sure.

#4619 6 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Congrats! In my opinion, cliffy's are a must to prevent chipping. But he's on back order right now.

#4620 6 years ago

Already ordered cliffs but he is two months out.

#4621 6 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

The game is already pretty loaded....I love the mirror blades that are already on the machine. All you really need are the Cliffy's as described above. I got the entire set from Cliff....2 roll overs, drain, shooter lane, moving target, and the hole above....

#4622 6 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Don’t read the whole thread. It went crazy for a long while. It’ll just freak you out. Put on cliffys and play on!!

#4623 6 years ago
Quoted from jorge5240:

Quoted from PDX_Pinball:

Congrats! In my opinion, cliffy's are a must to prevent chipping. But he's on back order right now.

Quoted from jorge5240:

Congratulations on your new game.

I think it is worth your while to read the entire thread.

#4624 6 years ago

Has anyone had a problem with the LEDS not working on the Martian ship? I was playing a game and noticed that they started to dim then went out including the center green dome. Now some of them come on in pais of 2. In other words three will be 2 on 2 off 2 on and so forth. Then they will be all off. I checked all the connectors and it made no difference. I thought I read someone else had the same problem, but can’t find the post.

#4625 6 years ago
Quoted from Higloss67:

Has anyone had a problem with the LEDS not working on the Martian ship? I was playing a game and noticed that they started to dim then went out including the center green dome. Now some of them come on in pais of 2. In other words three will be 2 on 2 off 2 on and so forth. Then they will be all off. I checked all the connectors and it made no difference. I thought I read someone else had the same problem, but can’t find the post.

Is this persisting after power cycling the game or is transient?

#4626 6 years ago

I left the game on for a couple of hours, then played a game and noticed it. I cycled power a couple of times but it would not correct the problem.

#4627 6 years ago
Quoted from Higloss67:

I left the game on for a couple of hours, then played a game and noticed it. I cycled power a couple of times but it would not correct the problem.

I would open a ticket with CGC at this point.

#4628 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

I would open a ticket with CGC at this point.

Ticket opened. Thanks

#4629 6 years ago

built my AFMR Movie Mod today

#4630 6 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

built my AFMR Movie Mod today
» YouTube video

Amazing idea to be honest!... In my case I think that I’ll just put saucers alone all the time from all Sci-Fi Films possible to collect, nothing else, just saucers on screen, and again...wow! that’s an amazing idea! and a very nice mod to have!

Regards

#4631 6 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

And drats!!!!...just saw this...lmk your next coupon date...I have machines in need.....thanks...

#4632 6 years ago
Quoted from Rolls-Royce:

Amazing idea to be honest!...wow! that’s an amazing idea! and a very nice mod to have!
Regards

Thanks...I guess.

#4633 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The lit UFO art blades that animate are pretty sweet. I recommend those for sure.

Can you please post a pic of how you connected them. I still couldn't get mine to work.

#4634 6 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

Can you please post a pic of how you connected them. I still couldn't get mine to work.

I'll try to get some pics taken by tomorrow.

#4635 6 years ago

Update. Thanks everyone for your support. I will no longer be posting on this forum as I no longer qualify. CGC got off the hook again. Since doing nothing (except verbally extending a flawed warranty that they won’t do anything on now that they have full discretion) for an extremely defective product that had playfeild planking, I did what many friends and pinball enthusiasts did and sold my AFMr LE and took a heavy finacial hit. Some of you stated “that Doug and CGC will take care of you” were wrong like many others have posted. The new owner is willing to install a new AFM mirco made playfeild that has fabulous colors and no planking. These defective games fetch between $6500 to $7200 which puts downward pressure on the price and resale value. Since I sold the game the warranty is not transferable and CGC has no obligation to warranty their product. They win! I wish I had a game I enjoyed but every time I played the game it made me upset at the product with the low quality playfeild. It began to wear on my enjoyment of pinball and when many of us were forced to explore legal action I began to ask why is this worth it? Time to move on. I wish my game looked as fabulous as some of you. That is the product and quality I expect. I strongly believe climate and clearcoat drying issues had something to do with the planking. It was best to move on. I will avoid buying any product from CGC until they provide an industry standard warranty and take care of their customers on major issues instead of talking with a silver tongue. Quality control is not there. I bought the MMr le and matching number AFMr le and was a loyal customer. They now have lost another customer just like many others that have sold and took the hit to move on. Buyer Beware! Best of luck to all those that have minor issues unlike myself. My favorite posts are the brilliant mods and creative ideas many of you have. I will watch this thread but do not qualify to post anymore. Adios Amigos!

#4636 6 years ago

Thank you for speaking for the unspoken!

#4637 6 years ago

Thanks for the update. Its really unfortunate that you were one of the few that received a less than ideal play field. I was one of the lucky ones as my play field lack the planking, and color issues. My minimal experience with CGC is that they are great at addressing minor issues. I wasn't privy to the details of your situation, but can certainly can understand your frustration. I guess the lesson learned is there is always risk in purchasing a game prior to inspection.

#4638 6 years ago
Quoted from Onwallst:

Some of you stated “that Doug and CGC will take care of you” were wrong like many others have posted.

That is really too bad, but thank you for letting us know.

#4639 6 years ago

I traded my AFMr LE for an MMr LE and both had really nice playfields. I had very few plays on my AFMr but I assume it’s still looking good.

#4640 6 years ago

Onwallst What a great write up, thank you for taking the time to document your experiences with this machine as well as the support, or lack thereof, you received from CGC; I am sympathetic to you for the problems you experienced and the sour taste that this experience has left you with. I'm both shocked and bewildered at how a company on the edge of becoming a leader in the pinball community can toss it all away over at what is essentially a piece of painted plywood. Being an owner of both CGC remakes, I now have great pause at purchasing any future machines from this company and am going to be taking another hard look at obtaining the original Bally/Williams machines.

#4641 6 years ago

My experiences have been mixed. Although, that being said, I will say my most recent encounter with Arturo was exceptional. Luckily, my play field is spotless.

At 200 or so plays at the moment these pics were taken

IMG_5656 (resized).JPGIMG_5656 (resized).JPG

IMG_5663 (resized).JPGIMG_5663 (resized).JPG

IMG_5659 (resized).JPGIMG_5659 (resized).JPG

#4642 6 years ago

Onwallst thanks for your post. I was thinking of getting a AFMr but now I'm wondering if I'd be better off with a nice original.

#4643 6 years ago

Should have my LE next week! Pumped! Atttttack!

#4644 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballology:

Should have my LE next week! Pumped! Atttttack!

Hopefully you get a playfield with proper colors! Fingers crossed for you.

#4645 6 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

I'm both shocked and bewildered at how a company on the edge of becoming a leader in the pinball community can toss it all away over at what is essentially a piece of painted plywood.

It is shocking, but maybe they are just too strapped for cash to honor the warranty.

Hopefully, they can right the ship.

#4646 6 years ago

I just want to say that I bought le #10 and I love it . It is a masterpiece. I also had a few issues with my game and cgc was wonderful to deal with. I also bought mmr and was fortunate to have no issues with that. I will be buying the next game if it is monster bash. Just wanted to throw some positive vibes out. I wouldn't hesitate to send cgc money for games.

#4647 6 years ago
Quoted from Time:

Onwallst thanks for your post. I was thinking of getting a AFMr but now I'm wondering if I'd be better off with a nice original.

I owned both for a brief moment in time and the ARMr is no longer in the house. I still believe what I said back in December (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/afmr-an-le-that-feels-like-an-le), however the "enhanced warranty" doesn't mean much if they don't address serious issues like the one mentioned by Onwallst. It's also a total bummer that the warranty isn't transferrable.

The good news (for you) is original AFM's are now more value priced

snaroff

#4648 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I owned both for a brief moment in time and the ARMr is no longer in the house. I still believe what I said back in December (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/afmr-an-le-that-feels-like-an-le), however the "enhanced warranty" doesn't mean much if they don't address serious issues like the one mentioned by Onwallst. It's also a total bummer that the warranty isn't transferrable.
The good news (for you) is original AFM's are now more value priced
snaroff

I'm with you on the warranty...I would say its total BS....that being said I've enjoyed MMRLE and AFMRLE....I was fortunate that I didn't have any major issues. I think once all the LE's are sold that the ones with nice play fields will be happy with the value...that topper is worth $500+ on its own....my bet is it holds its original value or maybe increase....time will tell...

#4649 6 years ago

I’m really sorry for onwallst and others who have gotten less than ideal playfields, etc. It makes me sad because the problem is so simple for cgc. Don’t put anything less than perfect pf into machines. Take them back to where they came from and get another one. No questions. I’m guessing after this they will do better.

Does anyone know, does cgc make their own playfields in house? If so, redo the bad ones. If not, send them back to whoever made them!!

#4650 6 years ago

These suppliers, and many of the fanboy trolls on this site, like to shift the blame for these issues to the buyer by implying the buyer is being unreasonable and over-reacting. They argue these problems are "not real" , only aesthetic, have no impact on gameplay, are part of pinball, and therefore the buyer shouldn't be complaining.

Onwallst 's experience sums up why many buyers are not happy to accept these "non-issue" issues. The end result was he lost a significant amount of money as a result of losing the NIB lottery. Fanboy's and suppliers will argue "that's pinball, you cant expect to open a game, play it and get your money back". But the fact is Onwallst had hardly played it. The game had no damage from actual gameplay. He was just unlucky enough to get a bad PF out of the box. The used market proved that buyers saw this as issue and would only accept it at a discounted price.

The result was pretty concrete - he paid in cold hard cash for the ineptitude of the supplier when in fact the supplier should have taken the hit themselves. Onwallst paid the equivalent of having to swap the playfield that was deemed not up to standard by the used market, when that cost should have been borne by the supplier.

It must be an embarrassment for CGC that some buyers are now purchasing Mirco PF's to swap in to their AFMr's.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 210.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus
Sound/Speakers
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Baltimore, MD
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe
Cabinet parts
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Horror Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Gainesville, GA
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 249.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
There are 10,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 93 of 211.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/93 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.