IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0408 (resized).JPG
IMG_0407 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 211.
#1951 6 years ago

LE425 arrived yesterday, totally enjoying the machine, I have the shooter issues like many others, but as I'm a total newbie, I'll raise a ticket and see what transpires.

20171222_205350 (resized).jpg20171222_205350 (resized).jpg

20171221_181349 (resized).jpg20171221_181349 (resized).jpg

20171221_181854 (resized).jpg20171221_181854 (resized).jpg

#1952 6 years ago
Quoted from bonzo442:

I have a warranty question I’m hoping LTG may be able to answer.

Good question. I would call CGC, hit "O" and ask for Doug Skor. He'd know, and also what to do about a record of it for warranty when it does start.

Thank you.
LTG : )

#1953 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Good question. I would call CGC, hit "O" and ask for Doug Skor. He'd know, and also what to do about a record of it for warranty when it does start.
Thank you.

Ah thanks for the reply I will try that.

#1954 6 years ago
Quoted from jmagla:

LE425 arrived yesterday

Looks nice in there!

#1955 6 years ago

OK Guys How many saucers have guys shot down in the video mode? How many do you have to hit to get extra ball?

#1956 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

OK Guys How many saucers have guys shot down in the video mode? How many do you have to hit to get extra ball?

I haven't even seen the mother ship yet. I not only suck and pinball, but at video modes as well. lol

#1957 6 years ago

Where can I get the dongle that plugs into the service outlet in the front of my afmr,like the ones that came with b/w games,I did not see one in my game and would like one

Thanks.

#1959 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I haven't even seen the mother ship yet. I not only suck and pinball, but at video modes as well. lol

I just swing my barrel pretty much all the way back and forth. It keeps pretty good coverage. I’ve gotten the eb a few times and mothership once (it was awesome). Try that.

#1960 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

19 so far the maximum for me, and I had no idea about the extra ball with certain number

Tonight, tonight

#1961 6 years ago

Don't forget the launch button is used during video mode(kills everything on screen) and also Martian bombs.....

#1962 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Don't forget the launch button is used during video mode(kills everything on screen) and also Martian bombs.....

Where do I find a comprehensive list of features programmed? I did not see this feature you mention in the book I need to learn all the possible tricks!

#1963 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Awesome, didn’t know that, thx!

#1964 6 years ago

"Mars IS the kind of place to raise your kids, in fact its cold as hell..........I'm a Rocket Man....and i think its gonna stay in my collection a long, long, time"

Got 15 on the video mode kills. But now that BigD enlightened me on the launch button kill factor....

#1965 6 years ago

Yep if u can get to the mothership with your launch button bomb left.... it kills it .

#1966 6 years ago

Sometimes when you shoot the Big-O-Beam, a cow is displayed and a female voice says: "Would you look at the size of that cow?!" and a moo is heard. 
Sometimes when you shoot the Tractor Beam, a cow is beamed up. (View animation).DOHO is also seen in this animation. 
Whenever one of these animations appears, hit the Launch button repeatedly for lots of mooing sounds. Do this for both of the ramps and then the next Video mode will be Cow Attack Video mode, where the 
saucers has been replaced with mooing cows.

At very rare occasions one of the saucers in Saucer Attack Video mode will be replaced with the number 3. The smart bomb (see below) has no effect on the "3" and nothing happens when it reaches the ground, it just disappears below the horizon. The programmers added this easter egg as a "homage" to a bug in the ST:TNG video mode which replaces the items in the tunnels with a "3".

Shoot the same Martian during Martian Multiball five times consecutively. Skull from No Fear appears saying "Again!"

Smart bomb: Press Launch button during Video mode to clear screen (works only once).

Tournament mode: Insert credits and hold both flipperbuttons for a couple of  seconds before you press Start. The display will confirm that the next game will be in Tournament mode (Stroke of Luck award
will always be 50M).

"Eat at Eddy´s" can be seen on the backglass (designer Brian Eddy).

One of the default names in the Buy-In Score list is MOO.

The woman on the backglass is the secretary who worked in the reception at the WMS factory.

In the DMD animation for the Atomic Blaster Hurry Up there is a road sign passing by. This sign reads DOHO.

During Attract mode, press the following sequence:
B, 18L, 1R, 3L, 1R, 6L, 1R. That spells RCF and shows the credits for Attack from Mars. 

AFM 1.13: 
2L + 1R + 18L + 1R + 5L + 1R ; Moo sound, replaces video mode (ball in lane) 
12L + 1R + 6L + 1R + 19L + 1R 
1L + 1R + 2L + 1R + 3L + 1R 
6L + 1R + 13L + 1R + 3L + 1R ; "18" (attract mode)

Enter the tag MOO in the high score list and a nice "moo" will be heard.

#1967 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Sometimes when you shoot the Big-O-Beam, a cow is displayed and a female voice says: "Would you look at the size of that cow?!" and a moo is heard. 
Sometimes when you shoot the Tractor Beam, a cow is beamed up. (View animation).DOHO is also seen in this animation. 
Whenever one of these animations appears, hit the Launch button repeatedly for lots of mooing sounds. Do this for both of the ramps and then the next Video mode will be Cow Attack Video mode, where the 
At very rare occasions one of the saucers in Saucer Attack Video mode will be replaced with the number 3. The smart bomb (see below) has no effect on the "3" and nothing happens when it reaches the ground, it just disappears below the horizon. The programmers added this easter egg as a "homage" to a bug in the ST:TNG video mode which replaces the items in the tunnels with a "3".
Shoot the same Martian during Martian Multiball five times consecutively. Skull from No Fear appears saying "Again!"
Smart bomb: Press Launch button during Video mode to clear screen (works only once).
Tournament mode: Insert credits and hold both flipperbuttons for a couple of  seconds before you press Start. The display will confirm that the next game will be in Tournament mode (Stroke of Luck award
will always be 50M).
"Eat at Eddy´s" can be seen on the backglass (designer Brian Eddy).
One of the default names in the Buy-In Score list is MOO.
The woman on the backglass is the secretary who worked in the reception at the WMS factory.
In the DMD animation for the Atomic Blaster Hurry Up there is a road sign passing by. This sign reads DOHO.
During Attract mode, press the following sequence:
B, 18L, 1R, 3L, 1R, 6L, 1R. That spells RCF and shows the credits for Attack from Mars. 
AFM 1.13: 
2L + 1R + 18L + 1R + 5L + 1R ; Moo sound, replaces video mode (ball in lane) 
12L + 1R + 6L + 1R + 19L + 1R 
1L + 1R + 2L + 1R + 3L + 1R 
6L + 1R + 13L + 1R + 3L + 1R ; "18" (attract mode)
Enter the tag MOO in the high score list and a nice "moo" will be heard.

Thank you!!

#1968 6 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I just swing my barrel pretty much all the way back and forth. It keeps pretty good coverage. I’ve gotten the eb a few times and mothership once (it was awesome). Try that.

Do you start left or right? I've tried the left to right swing, but somehow one always gets through.

#1969 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

metimes when you shoot the Big-O-Beam, a cow is displayed and a female voice says: "Would you look at the size of that cow?!" and a moo is heard. 

That is awesome thank you for your insight! I am going to copy your post and put it on my note pad!

#1970 6 years ago

So I finally was able to take down 30 saucers. I got the extra ball but I dont know how many saucers it took to get it.

#1971 6 years ago

#644 in da house

Tight fit though to the basement!

And not that I care, but anyone else have mis-matching serial #'s with the playfield?

20171222_211617_resized (resized).jpg20171222_211617_resized (resized).jpg

20171222_174924_resized (resized).jpg20171222_174924_resized (resized).jpg

20171222_211711_resized (resized).jpg20171222_211711_resized (resized).jpg

20171222_211724_resized (resized).jpg20171222_211724_resized (resized).jpg

#1972 6 years ago

Yep mine is miss matched ....

#1973 6 years ago

I don't think they intended to have playfield number coinside with the LE number.

#1974 6 years ago

I have #360 PF in #267 LE.

#1975 6 years ago

The PF number is not supposed to match.

#1976 6 years ago

Yup, LE #635 with playfield 897. Ball launch works good on this one even though the plunger is striking a bit on the high side.

#1977 6 years ago

Hey, did I miss anything? I am so excited to finally join the club. I played this at Expo & knew beyond the shadow of a doubt this was my next machine. Christmas morning I will finally be playing my own. Green LE 578. I feel like a kid with Christmas approaching. Of course I took care of my wife & kids first, but now that I have mine to open, the anticipation is going to be great!

20171222_164826 (resized).jpg20171222_164826 (resized).jpg

#1978 6 years ago

Watch out for that Grinch!

#1979 6 years ago

Been thinking about doing some lighted flipper buttons (green) I really like them on my MM. I like the glowing effect. Any of you guys done these. Did you do a plug and play kit or do your own?

#1980 6 years ago

I got the cliffys but could not get info. on installing them. Anything I should know before installing them?

Thanks!

#1981 6 years ago
Quoted from voltron88x:

#644 in da house
Tight fit though to the basement!
And not that I care, but anyone else have mis-matching serial #'s with the playfield?

Does still being in the box add a lot size? Every pin is a tight fit down my stairs, especially JD, but that doorway looks pretty wide and that machine taking every square inch.

#1982 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

Been thinking about doing some lighted flipper buttons (green) I really like them on my MM. I like the glowing effect. Any of you guys done these. Did you do a plug and play kit or do your own?

I have an Idea, and to answer my own question here, I ordered a set of clear flipper buttons. I have some of the LED strip left over from the under cabinet lighting mod. I will install the clear buttons and take a couple (per side) of the strip LDEs and tie into the cabinet lighting so the flipper buttons will be multicolored and interactive with the game.

#1983 6 years ago
Quoted from Miknan:

Does still being in the box add a lot size? Every pin is a tight fit down my stairs, especially JD, but that doorway looks pretty wide and that machine taking every square inch.

Box makes it much tighter in the doorway.

#1984 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

I got the cliffys but could not get info. on installing them. Anything I should know before installing them?
Thanks

The posts that have to be removed are in there really tight (for obvious reasons) Some of the guys have had to drive them out after the nut was removed. Just so you know.

#1985 6 years ago
Quoted from whthrs166:

The posts that have to be removed are in there really tight (for obvious reasons) Some of the guys have had to drive them out after the nut was removed. Just so you know.

Good info, thanks. What do you mean by 'drive' them out... do they strip or do you mean a power driver?

thx

#1986 6 years ago
Quoted from bitpatrol:

Good info, thanks. What do you mean by 'drive' them out... do they strip or do you mean a power driver?
thx

Installation instructions are on Cliffys site. To remove the two posts. Back the post nuts off but leave them right at the end to protect the threads. Then use a 1/4 ratchet extension or similar and tap them out with a hammer. When you get to the end of the post remove the nuts and tap them out the rest of the way. Worked great for me.

#1987 6 years ago
Quoted from Miknan:

Box is about ~30-30.5" at the most narrow side. My doorway was about 30.5"...so it literally fit the tolerance limit. A little shimming got it through ok. The machine itself is packed a couple inches inside the box so no worries on using some play with the box itself to get through a tight space.

#1988 6 years ago

I'm ordering next week and trying to decide on black or stainless. If anyone has a pic of their black game in the light, and wants to PM me, I would appreciate it.

#1989 6 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

I'm ordering next week and trying to decide on black or stainless. If anyone has a pic of their black game in the light, and wants to PM me, I would appreciate it.

PM sent

#1990 6 years ago

Get the stainless.

#1991 6 years ago

just got some LEDs for the Gi in for my standard. Only Nifty makes them and they do look great.

#1992 6 years ago

Just booted up AFMr and the left flipper is not operating. The button works, it scrolls through screens, etc. but no flip. Any suggestions?

#1993 6 years ago
Quoted from jamjam:

Just booted up AFMr and the left flipper is not operating. The button works, it scrolls through screens, etc. but no flip. Any suggestions?

There are two optos on the flipper button opto boards. Please go to Tests - Switch Edge - and slowly push the flipper button in. First one and then the second one should report on the screen.

If both optos work, then check it's fuse in the head. F115, if that is good, then check the coil lugs for poor solder joints.

#1994 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

There are two optos on the flipper button opto boards. Please go to Tests - Switch Edge - and slowly push the flipper button in. First one and then the second one should report on the screen.
If both optos work, then check it's fuse in the head. F115, if that is good, then check the coil lugs for poor solder joints.

I've read through most of this thread and you're always quick to help with proper advice, just wanted to say thank you.

#1995 6 years ago
Quoted from misfitdart:

I've read through most of this thread and you're always quick to help with proper advice, just wanted to say thank you.

I d'ont write much but i read a lot and i second that...thanks Ltg

#1996 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Optos check okay.
Not certain but F116 actually looks blown, F115 looks okay?

#1997 6 years ago
Quoted from jamjam:

F116 actually looks blown, F115 looks okay?

Please pull them and check with a meter.

#1998 6 years ago

LE 575 in the house!!

#1999 6 years ago

Congrats! Looking great.

Use the launch skill shot. Hold the left flipper.

#2000 6 years ago
Quoted from Miknan:

Every pin is a tight fit down my stairs, especially JD,

I also have a JD and the backbox of the AFMr is the exact same width as the JD (28 3/4"). I personally could not have gotten it up my 2 flights of stairs in the box. I use an appliance dolly as well. Hope that helps.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 40.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
There are 10,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 211.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.