IMG_3716 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0408 (resized).JPG
IMG_0407 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

26 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 10,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 211.
#151 6 years ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

Just got notice from Automated that my LE is shipping mid September.....looks like I'm almost in the club!!!

Me too! Just made my final payment, so the martians should be attacking my gameroom in September as well.

#152 6 years ago

Automated shipped mine yesterday!!!!

#153 6 years ago
Quoted from Medfly:

Automated shipped mine yesterday!!!!

SWEET!!!....LE? Super congrats!!! Mike doesn't screw around...great guy...

#154 6 years ago
Quoted from rrosenhouse:

Me too! Just made my final payment, so the martians should be attacking my gameroom in September as well.

Congrats!!! Sending mine Monday, so right behind you.....

#155 6 years ago

I ordered from Mike just 15 days ago. I supposed it'd be greedy to expect to be in the first batch... Still hopeful.

#156 6 years ago

I guess it pays to be on the "matching serial #" list. Mike is great to deal with. This will be the 6th NIB that I have bought from him.

#157 6 years ago

Updated from v1.0 Beta 4 to v1.0.0 last night. I set the Strobe LED to MAX brightness and I have to say its much better, maybe not quite up to the original Zenon Strobe but it's a great improvement.

v1.0.0 (resized).jpgv1.0.0 (resized).jpg
IMG_2232 (resized).JPGIMG_2232 (resized).JPG
IMG_2233 (resized).JPGIMG_2233 (resized).JPG

#158 6 years ago

Wonder how much that shortens the life of the LEDs cranking them all the way up.....

#159 6 years ago
Quoted from Deadpin:

Wonder how much that shortens the life of the LEDs cranking them all the way up.....

It's just the strobe, which doesn't happen all that often.

#160 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

It's just the strobe, which doesn't happen all that often.

It sld go off when ship is hit and when it blows up also.

#161 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

It sld go off when ship is hit and when it blows up also.

Ah that's right. It should still last a very long time...

#162 6 years ago

I installed Cointaker mirror blades on my AFMr SE with the help of GRC's YouTube tutorial yesterday. I'm very thankful for Ray's tips.

The new code is pretty cool too. I set my strobe to the setting just under MAX (+1?) and it's bright enough for my tastes.

I've got just over 300 games on it so far.

You peeps waiting for an LE are NOT going to be disappointed. Man I hope CGC announces MB or CC is next.

IMG_5545 (resized).JPGIMG_5545 (resized).JPG

#163 6 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

You peeps waiting for an LE are NOT going to be disappointed. Man I hope CGC announces MB or CC is next.

My LE is in transit right now. Shipped on Thursday. I also hope they announce MB or CC next. Enjoy playing I hope to unbox on Tuesday but I think it will be more like Wed.

#164 6 years ago
Quoted from Quadrat:

I also hope they announce MB or CC next.

I wouldn't mind seeing a ToM or TZ either

#165 6 years ago
Quoted from evh347:

Don't forget us lowly CE purchasers...

#166 6 years ago

Waiting on my LE, and just curious to hear from owners how the game feels in respect to build quality.

Also, how is it compared to the original AFM? Had someone tell me the original flows better and feels stronger.

Just interested in hearing from anyone who has received theirs already.

#167 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

how the game feels in respect to build quality.

Like a tank. Lots of games rolling out. Hardly any tech calls. Mostly new owners asking set up questions.

Quoted from Damien:

how is it compared to the original AFM?

It's crushing my original here. customers love it.

LTG : )

#168 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Like a tank. Lots of games rolling out. Hardly any tech calls. Mostly new owners asking set up questions.

It's crushing my original here. customers love it.

Good to hear. Just heard that comment about quality, and wanted to see if there was any validity to it.

Would you say the build quality is better than MMR now that CGC is doing their own production?

#169 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Would you say the build quality is better than MMR now that CGC is doing their own production?

Yes.

CGC really is doing an amazing job.

#170 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Yes.
CGC really is doing an amazing job.

Glad to hear. If AFM is a hit, I'll be saving up for the next remake

#171 6 years ago

I installed the new software, and the strobe is certainly brighter. I haven't had a chance to play a game in the dark yet, but even in a dim room with indirect window light the new adjustments make quite a difference. I have mine one step below Max for now, and it seems good. I don't have an original AFM to compare with though. Last I checked, there were about 300 plays on mine and no mechanical issues yet, SOL hole looks great still with the stock protector on it.

Love this game!

#172 6 years ago

Seeing you guys getting them is getting me hyped, my order quote was put in on 6/6, so hoping I hear something soon!

#173 6 years ago
Quoted from abagwell:

Seeing you guys getting them is getting me hyped, my order quote was put in on 6/6, so hoping I hear something soon!

I ordered on 6/14, so I am really looking forward to hearing when yours goes out!

#174 6 years ago

3/26 non-matching at PPS.. not so patiently waiting to get my email that it has shipped!!!

#175 6 years ago

If you have a Topper for AFMR. The instructions to install it are on page 2-29 or 127 of the manual, which you can download here :

http://www.chicago-gaming.com/manuals.php The manual in near the bottom of the page. A manual comes with the game.

#176 6 years ago

Just out of curiosity started reading the manual. I "sort of" knew that this game had a capability for owners to modify the logo on the larger display. There it is on page 1-11, the instructions to do so. So for those that have taken delivery, any of you done any personalization yet? And what I am really curious about, anybody know the font that Bally used to "script" their logo?

#177 6 years ago

I wanted SO much to like MMR but it just didn't feel like the original to me. Got a chance to play AFMR at Replay and I must say it is a vast improvement over MMR. The only thing I disliked was the brightness of the insert LEDs but I'm not a huge LED fan to begin with. The upgraded display was very nice as well. If the next game is MB I will very likely be purchasing one.

#178 6 years ago
Quoted from greenhorn1:

The only thing I disliked was the brightness of the insert LEDs but I'm not a huge LED fan to begin with.

The LED brightness can be adjusted. There is even am incandescent emulation mode for the lighting effects. So you can make it as bright or as dark as you want.

#179 6 years ago
Quoted from Damien:

Waiting on my LE, and just curious to hear from owners how the game feels in respect to build quality.
Also, how is it compared to the original AFM? Had someone tell me the original flows better and feels stronger.
Just interested in hearing from anyone who has received theirs already.

I don't have mine yet, but I've been lucky enough to play on two different SEs on location.

It may be because every original I've ever played has been pretty thoroughly worn, but the remakes both felt REALLY good. Lots of nice power in the flippers, and maybe it was just all the fresh rubber, but it sure seemed to be well-balanced and smooth. In particular, the shaker motor integration was amazing: made the game feel almost like a thrill ride.

Like I said, I've never had the luck to play a HUO game that had been well taken care of, so maybe i was just experiencing the same feeling one gets when you drive the brand new model of the car you've been driving for the last few years, and everything feels awesome just because it has zero wear. In any case, I'm glad I decided to go for the remake rather than hunt around for a nice original.

#180 6 years ago

While I'm waiting to hear something, I'm trying to accurately plan my basement entry strategy. I've got a relatively narrow door, and I'm trying to figure out if I'll need to remove the backbox to the game down the stairs.

Any chance one of you lucky new owners might be willing to put a tape measure on that backbox? Of course, I don't expect you to interrupt a play session, but maybe when you're taking a beer break?

I've scoured the PDF of the manual, and while there are dimensions for the backglass, there's nothing in there that I could find about the actual cabinet.

Thanks!

#181 6 years ago
Quoted from Zennmaster:

put a tape measure on that backbox?

28 1/2 inches wide.

#182 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

28 1/2 inches wide.

And my door is 29 inches at the narrowest point, in like Flynn!

Thank you!

#183 6 years ago

I have super narrow doors. Removing the backbox was super easy compared to most games

#184 6 years ago

I removed my backbox as well to get it through a narrow spot without dragging against anything. Wasn't much to getting the backbox off and back on...

#185 6 years ago
Quoted from Zennmaster:

And my door is 29 inches at the narrowest point, in like Flynn!

in like flint (resized).jpgin like flint (resized).jpg

#186 6 years ago

Does anyone happen to know if any of the current mods to add mini saucer lights work for AFMr? Pulling the trigger on an SE but they don't even come with simple red lighting in the saucers which is a bummer.

#187 6 years ago

No news yet... fingers crossed PPS releases as an add-on after all the LEs get built! I presume the Bill Ung kits are not compatible.

#188 6 years ago
Quoted from Bischt:

Does anyone happen to know if any of the current mods to add mini saucer lights work for AFMr? Pulling the trigger on an SE but they don't even come with simple red lighting in the saucers which is a bummer.

Change your order to LE, sell the topper if you don't care for it and recoup some of the price difference. There's no guarantee that PPS will sell the LE upgrades later on and even if they do, they may be for a whole lot more than you're hoping for.

#189 6 years ago

In other news, I installed a full set of Cliffy's based on the original AFM design. The 3 bank protector worked without a hitch... The mothership one was a bit of a challenge. I couldn't get the two posts to come off to the right and left of the drop target (yes I removed the nuts under the PF ya dingus), so I had to slightly enlarge the holes to put the Cliffy over vs. under them. As mentioned by somebody else in this thread, I also had to trim a bit of the metal on the upper right of the protector as one of the screw holes did not line up. Definitely doable (I'm barely literate), but perhaps worth waiting for an AFMr revision

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg

2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg

#190 6 years ago

That does look like a bit of a pain, but at least the end results look good and now you can play the shit out of it without worry.

#191 6 years ago

In like Flint !

Wow I loved James Coburn, he is sadly missed.

#192 6 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

In other news, I installed a full set of Cliffy's based on the original AFM design. The 3 bank protector worked without a hitch... The mothership one was a bit of a challenge. I couldn't get the two posts to come off to the right and left of the drop target (yes I removed the nuts under the PF ya dingus), so I had to slightly enlarge the holes to put the Cliffy over vs. under them. As mentioned by somebody else in this thread, I also had to trim a bit of the metal on the upper right of the protector as one of the screw holes did not line up. Definitely doable (I'm barely literate), but perhaps worth waiting for an AFMr revision

Thanks very much for posting!

#193 6 years ago

OK folks. I want to put this whole strobe thing to rest. I just played a game in the dark, with the strobe at Max brightness on my new LE. It was so bright and so disorienting that I’m actually dizzy right now. I’m going back to default for my own health

It’s literally the brightest thing I’ve ever experienced and strobe multiball was so disorienting that I basically drained all of the balls within seconds it was so bright.

The setting is there if you need it, but I really cannot imagine how you’d ever want it that bright!

Marc

#194 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

OK folks. I want to put this whole strobe thing to rest. I just played a game in the dark, with the strobe at Max brightness on my new LE. It was so bright and so disorienting that I’m actually dizzy right now. I’m going back to default for my own health
It’s literally the brightest thing I’ve ever experienced and strobe multiball was so disorienting that I basically drained all of the balls within seconds it was so bright.
The setting is there if you need it, but I really cannot imagine how you’d ever want it that bright!
Marc

Thats what makes it awesome..... if it isnt bright u can't see the balls.

#195 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Thats what makes it awesome..... if it isnt bright u can't see the balls.

It’s crazy. Fun mode.

#196 6 years ago

Still have one question.... does the backbox gi only go out during strobe mb? Or does it go out every time the playfield gi goes out ?

#197 6 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

It’s crazy. Fun mode.

Yea in a completely dark environment it csn really mess with you.

#198 6 years ago

Any news on LE's shipping? Put my deposit on an LE from Game Room Guys back in April and was told it would ship by June.. obviously that didn't work out lol.. but wondering when I should be getting the thing..

#199 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Still have one question.... does the backbox gi only go out during strobe mb? Or does it go out every time the playfield gi goes out ?

I’ll need to check and pay a little more attention to it tomorrow.

Marc

#200 6 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Any news on LE's shipping? Put my deposit on an LE from Game Room Guys back in April and was told it would ship by June.. obviously that didn't work out lol.. but wondering when I should be getting the thing..

Shipping now! Folks received their first shipments this week.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Decals
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
11,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Lancaster, SC
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
Grand Forks, ND
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs
(Alt) Translites
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
15,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pelzer, SC
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 44.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
Other
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe
Cabinet parts
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
Decals
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 10,545 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 211.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/attack-from-mars-remake-afmr-owners-club/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.