20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 129 of 144.
#6401 5 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Thanks for proving my point Flyn... On how damn sensitive you guys can get.
Big deal.
I fixed the problem as stated before, but you are such a baby you can't drop it. Always need something to complain about another Pinsider and attack them.
Do you even own an Iron Maiden pin and have skin in the game? Or are you here to just whine about any post you deem worthy of crying about ?

I think you’re proving his point, KPG. You were so quick to jump on here, announcing your problems -not in a “help me fix the this” manner, but instead, a “farkin Stern sucks!” manner.
So the only one coming across as a baby is you. Look at all the other posts from Pinsiders tweaking their new games.
Somehow everyone else is happy and playing nice. You on the other hand...

FYI: LE awaiting for pickup tomorrow. So don’t even bother asking.

#6402 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Stern saw that you bought another game from them decided not to include that in your pin KPG!
Congrats on LE, mine arrives this afternoon.

Awesome you will love it !!

But yeah, where the hell is this line out connector ???

Maybe Flynn the know it all pro knows?

#6403 5 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Blue on the premium doesn't work for me. Black, yellow or red look good to me.

I'm feeling the gold, red, and black. For simplicity sake, I'll be sticking with black, since I don't feel the other two add enough to go through the trouble.

#6404 5 years ago

Anyone know if stern is putting out side blades for the prem and pro? Or are they just putting them in the LEs?

I know 3rd party blades will be out all over the place, was just hoping to have artwork with Eddie in them even if its different than the LE blades.

#6405 5 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Thanks for exaggerating and blowing my comments completely out of context. I wouldn't expect anything less from you though. What I was is disappointed about was that the game was not properly inspected and tested before shipped- you know, things you'd expect when paying $9,000 hard earned dollars for a machine meant for commercial use.

As you state, the design of these machines were meant for commercial use. Money earners. Stern doesn't care if the 9k was hard earned or paid for on credit

Stern's QA isn't flawless, but considering the build complexity and Stern's manufacturing pipeline/prowess, their performance is impressive if you "zoom out" and compare them with other pinball companies.

snaroff

#6406 5 years ago
Quoted from charles4400:

Anyone know if stern is putting out side blades for the prem and pro? Or are they just putting them in the LEs?
I know 3rd party blades will be out all over the place, was just hoping to have artwork with Eddie in them even if its different than the LE blades.

On the Head2Head interview Zombie Yeti said that there were art blades and other official accessories (including a topper) coming soon.

#6407 5 years ago

Hope topper isn't cheap like GOTG was. Not a fan of that. If your going to charge 400+ bucks do something epic like AFMRLE.

Blades should be cool. Can't wait to see what official blades look like. Hopefully there are some tasteful 3rd party ones to.

#6408 5 years ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

I think you’re proving his point, KPG. You were so quick to jump on here, announcing your problems -not in a “help me fix the this” manner, but instead, a “farkin Stern sucks!” manner.
So the only one coming across as a baby is you. Look at all the other posts from Pinsiders tweaking their new games.
Somehow everyone else is happy and playing nice. You on the other hand...
FYI: LE awaiting for pickup tomorrow. So don’t even bother asking.

Right on!

So do you know where the external amplification / line-out connector is? It's on the feature matrix from Stern. Figured you are the man with all the answers so thought I'd give you a crack at it.

#6409 5 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Right on!
So do you know where the external amplification / line-out connector is? It's on the feature matrix from Stern. Figured you are the man with all the answers so thought I'd give you a crack at it.

Nadda, sorry. I use an external amp with gator clips. If there’s a better way to connect it, I’m all ears and would appreciate learning about it, thanks!

#6410 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Wow that is distressing.
It's clear that Stern is *still* cranking these out as fast as they can without due diligence to actually testing/inspecting the games before they ship. It's a $9K pinball machine, get your shit together Stern!

I'm thinking I was just one of the lucky ones with a pin that got skipped out on basic QC. I just looked at the entire underside of the playfield because there have been various little thumps in the cabinet, etc. Some of the screws are falling out and I'm actually missing 6 screws completely from the underside of the playfield. How this has happened I have no idea. Turns out this is why the sarcophagus wasn't working. The ball lock keep out bracket is supposed to have 2 screws to attach it to the ball lock trough switch assembly. It only had one and the other is completely missing. Not in the cabinet or anything. It eventually shook loose and caused the whole switch assembly just to dangle at the bottom of the playfield like a duck fart in the wind.

#6411 5 years ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

I'm thinking I was just one of the lucky ones with a pin that got skipped out on basic QC. I just looked at the entire underside of the playfield because there have been various little thumps in the cabinet, etc. Some of the screws are falling out and I'm actually missing 6 screws completely from the underside of the playfield. How this has happened I have no idea. Turns out this is why the sarcophagus wasn't working. The ball lock keep out bracket is supposed to have 2 screws to attach it to the ball lock trough switch assembly. It only had one and the other is completely missing. Not in the cabinet or anything. It eventually shook loose and caused the whole switch assembly just to dangle at the bottom of the playfield like a duck fart in the wind.

Probably the guy who was supposed to add the screws is skipping half of them and the guy who's job it is to catch that kind of BS and deal with is also not doing their job, and the guy who's job it is to make sure the other two guys are doing theirs is too busy to catch it all...

Made in America.

#6412 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Probably the guy who was supposed to add the screws is skipping half of them and the guy who's job it is to catch that kind of BS and deal with is also not doing their job, and the guy who's job it is to make sure the other two guys are doing theirs is too busy to catch it all...
Made in America.

Ah well, first world problems lol. On the bright side, the pin came undamaged so it's still pretty.

#6413 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

On the Head2Head interview Zombie Yeti said that there were art blades and other official accessories (including a topper) coming soon.

Awesome thats great news thanks!

I wonder how they will do the topper which will fit all 3 styles and hopefully be interactive. Hmmm im thinking maybe a collage of different eddies? Or maybe just trooper eddie (which would work on pro and le but look kinda off on the prems)?

#6414 5 years ago

Gosh you guys got me confused now. Since I am not a maiden fan (besides run to the hills), I was sure pro was the way to go. Now seeing the premium pics and reading the comments....

So which is the one to buy? Why should I get prem or LE over pro?

#6415 5 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Gosh you guys got me confused now. Since I am not a maiden fan (besides run to the hills), I was sure pro was the way to go. Now seeing the premium pics and reading the comments....

I have a pro. It's a ton of fun. I'd love an LE, but the $ just don't add up. Premium with Powerslave art, I'd be ALL IN though. Sadly, it didn't happen, though I be the Premium looks great in person (all do).

I don't know if the features of the premium/le slow the gameplay down, but they sure seem to in the videos. It's a little, but it's there.

#6416 5 years ago

Still loving the Pro. If I don't play the premium/LE, then I wont know what I'm missing right?!

#6417 5 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

It was an easy choice for me.

I didnt want to spend the $$$ for the LE (especially now with the markups) so le not even an option. So the choice was really between pro and prem.

This is a keeper for me and I am a Maiden fan so choice was easy to get the extra features of the prem. I dont base the games I buy on the cab or bg artwork, though its always a plus if I like them. I do take into account the pf artwork which happens to be the same in all three so that wasnt a deciding factor. (And I like the pf look)

I was in for the prem without having to even see the external artwork of it or the le. Im glad I like the artwork too, only complaint is I dont like the 'horus' eddie displayed so prominently on the bg... totally reminds me of angry bird eddie!

Since we knew it wasnt going to be album art style, all things considered, I like the overall look of the prem. But even if the artwork wasnt to my taste I would have still gotten the prem.

#6418 5 years ago
Quoted from trilamb:

haha. As a tall man with a large nose I approve this message. Also, you guys have to admit it, the LE looks SO MUCH better in person than in the pictures:

Right on @trilamb!

@sprite's IMDN LE (resized).jpg@sprite's IMDN LE (resized).jpg

@darkryder's IMDN LE (resized).jpg@darkryder's IMDN LE (resized).jpg

Helicon Brewing IMDN LE (resized).jpgHelicon Brewing IMDN LE (resized).jpg

#6419 5 years ago

Thank you...Red will be going on my Premium.

#6420 5 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

So do you know where the external amplification / line-out connector is?

CN5 pins 5 & 6

ec97cd1ee302a8d3bb912a9a723ba7e95f64c450 (resized).jpgec97cd1ee302a8d3bb912a9a723ba7e95f64c450 (resized).jpg

#6421 5 years ago

So the takeaway seems to be the Iron Maiden game is awesome across the board for the Pro, Premium, and LE owners, but there are a handful of folks that have to find a way to put the other people's games down even though they are celebrating the joys of the same game. Pretty sad.

#6422 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

You own a shirt?

I'm on a crowded bus and this one made me laugh out loud...

#6423 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

CN5 pins 5 & 6

I saw that, any easy way you can think about using those pins to go to a sub? I was hoping they would use either an optical, RCA, or even 3.5mm out. Just a couple of pins doesn't make it easy...

#6424 5 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Your buying a toy that costs between $5600 and $9000 logic and common sense went out the window a long time ago! Just buy the one you like most

#6425 5 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I am in the process of trying to hook up my LE to my external Polk subwoofer.
I read in the feature matrix there is supposed to be a "New CPU mounted line-out audio connector for external amplification"
Where is that line-out connector?
Also, I noticed they removed the headphone jack from the Spike 2 board... so can't use that either. Just trying to avoid having to mickey mouse the connection off the subwoofer or buying a pinnovators connector. Thanks

It's the same line out pins that have been on all the Spike games since GB. The feature matrix has said "New CPU mounted line out audio connector for external amplification" since GB. You still need an adapter to plug into the sub, whether it's Pinnovators or something else.

#6426 5 years ago
Quoted from Sparky:

It's the same line out pins that have been on all the Spike games since GB. The feature matrix has said "New CPU mounted line out audio connector for external amplification" since GB. You still need an adapter to plug into the sub, whether it's Pinnovators or something else.

Ah ok. I have one on my SWLE.

I'll order another then.. was just hoping for a quicker solution. Thanks!

#6427 5 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I saw that, any easy way you can think about using those pins to go to a sub?

Just crimp a .1" connector like you were fixing a Bally/Williams game.

Put any connector you want, 1/8", RCA, XLR....

#6428 5 years ago

Speaking of Big Bird Yellow T-molding on the Premium, Im also not a fan of the red T-molding on the LE. Anyone know if you can get metallic red t-molding? otherwise black might be better.

#6429 5 years ago
Quoted from charles4400:

I was in for the prem without having to even see the external artwork of it or the le. Im glad I like the artwork too, only complaint is I dont like the 'horus' eddie displayed so prominently on the bg... totally reminds me of angry bird eddie!

Just to clarify, the Horus dude is not an "Eddie". Just a character from the Kingdom of the Sands world in Legacy of the Beast.

#6430 5 years ago

Looks like 13.5 k is a pipe dream for The scalpers!

9CD74325-863A-43CB-9CB8-47A8FFB32C9F (resized).jpeg9CD74325-863A-43CB-9CB8-47A8FFB32C9F (resized).jpeg

#6431 5 years ago

Think its a fair price as someone might want a limited version although the premium is so friggin nice as is the pro. Tough one but with so many tittles coming out it's tough to worry about collecting anymore as space is always the issue.

#6432 5 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Think its a fair price as someone might want a limited version although the premium is so friggin nice as is the pro. Tough one but with so many tittles coming out it's tough to worry about collecting anymore as space is always the issue.

Correct,9.75k is a good deal fair...13.5k Is a ripoff. Never get that.

28753CA4-F9BA-47F4-B1E3-AB0B7B4E57E9.jpeg28753CA4-F9BA-47F4-B1E3-AB0B7B4E57E9.jpeg

#6433 5 years ago

This one is for Gryszzz....bike and pin

#6434 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Looks like 13.5 k is a pipe dream for The scalpers!

Quoted from wcbrandes:

Yea not bad but u will need it shipped now which will add another 300-500. The premium looks great and is around 7-7200 shipped and has most of the same stuff . Apparently there were a few cancellations since the premium release and there are still some le left at around 9k. Feel bad for the people that cldnt wait and paid way to much for a le.

#6435 5 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

Just to clarify, the Horus dude is not an "Eddie". Just a character from the Kingdom of the Sands world in Legacy of the Beast.

Thanks for that, thats good to know they didnt butcher eddies look in that character!

So is the horus dude in the lcd animations in the (pinball) game at all? And is that chick with the wings in the back right in it too?

Id hope if they are going to put them in the bg that they make a show at some point in the animations.

#6436 5 years ago

I heard LE owners are required to shave their armpits before unboxing Maiden.

Is this true?

#6437 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Right on trilamb!

Looking at the Premium version sitting next to the LE, I have to say- both are great looking machines!

5bde87211756c289008e1985f33f31eadbdce970 (resized).jpg5bde87211756c289008e1985f33f31eadbdce970 (resized).jpg

#6438 5 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I saw that, any easy way you can think about using those pins to go to a sub? I was hoping they would use either an optical, RCA, or even 3.5mm out. Just a couple of pins doesn't make it easy...

CN5 can be output to a better powered amplifier for the regular speakers (so they don't crackle at high volume from clipping like the on-board spike amplifier does).

#6439 5 years ago

0517181428a (resized).jpg0517181428a (resized).jpg

#6440 5 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

No shit Billy, Popping the LE box now and just need to make some room but not really right?

I have vacated the Game room upstairs of pins, youngest daughter moving in there. Oldest 2 are out the door, one at Vanguard and the other heading to college.

Slamming 12 pins now into 3 car garage mancave with more to come.

Something has to give!

Will probably drop a couple off down at my house at the coast and not worry about the salt air rust factor. I'll be dead before the legs start falling off!

It feels like Xmas in more ways than one Billy!!!

#6441 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Yea not bad but u will need it shipped now which will add another 300-500. The premium looks great and is around 7-7200 shipped and has most of the same stuff . Apparently there were a few cancellations since the premium release and there are still some le left at around 9k. Feel bad for the people that cldnt wait and paid way to much for a le.

#6442 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

CN5 can be output to a better powered amplifier for the regular speakers (so they don't crackle at high volume from clipping like the on-board spike amplifier does).

What is up with all this clipping with the JBL speakers? I have been buying Flipper Fidelity speakers for a while now and they sound absolutely incredible at any volume. No clipping.

Screen Shot 2018-05-17 at 8.30.41 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-05-17 at 8.30.41 PM (resized).png

#6443 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

What is up with all this clipping with the JBL speakers? I have been buying Flipper Fidelity speakers for a while now and they sound absolutely incredible at any volume. No clipping.

Dunno. Don't have an LE. Seems like they're harder on the built-in Spike2 amplifier in the LE when people crank it way up. No idea what the OEM supplier for FF is, so I can't compare.

#6444 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

My guess would be the FF's are a lot more efficient than the JBL's.

#6445 5 years ago

It may not necessarily be hardware at fault for the distortion

There is the possibility that audio may be improved with code.

Code team and audio hardware teams may need to investigate and correct the problem through ststem audio level checks to avoid clipping.

I do recognize the fact that it appears to only be with the JBL's

I am hoping this issue can be rectified with code.

#6446 5 years ago

Maple, love the ideas but can you get your kids to figure out this internet cut and paste thing!

Good try for old farts but hey. I can't do it either.

#6447 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

It may not necessarily be hardware at fault for the distortion

Some of the Aerosmith sound effects seem to have distortion in the effect. The garbage truck always sounds like it's clipping.

#6448 5 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I am in the process of trying to hook up my LE to my external Polk subwoofer.
I read in the feature matrix there is supposed to be a "New CPU mounted line-out audio connector for external amplification"
Where is that line-out connector?
Also, I noticed they removed the headphone jack from the Spike 2 board... so can't use that either. Just trying to avoid having to mickey mouse the connection off the subwoofer or buying a pinnovators connector. Thanks

I was talked into just alagator clipping to the bottom bass speaker then direct to the powered sub and it sounds great at about 29.

#6449 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Feel bad for the people that cldnt wait and paid way to much for a le.

Don't bother. Most of us are extremely happy with the LE. To me, it's the better of the three, and I'm willing to pay for the better of the three.

#6450 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Don't bother. Most of us are extremely happy with the LE. To me, it's the better of the three, and I'm willing to pay for the better of the three.

Im talking about the ones that paid scalper prices not the distro ones. Hate when people only quote part of what someone says and makes it look like they said something they didnt lol.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.50
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 129 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday/page/129?hl=potatoloco and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.