By Concretehardt

2 months ago

Stats

• 6,747 posts - Hot topic!
  • 658 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 minutes ago by Tranquilize
  • Topic is favorited by 113 Pinsiders

Find

Search this topic for posts matching certain words or written by a specific Pinsider. Or both!

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 794 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20180526_133406 (resized).jpg
20180526_133345 (resized).jpg
2636B1FA-EFD4-4CAE-9E4E-6BB38C97764C (resized).jpeg
IMG_20180525_193630 (resized).jpg
0525182031b_HDR (resized).jpg
0525182031_HDR (resized).jpg
0525182028_HDR (resized).jpg
20180525_232819 (resized).jpg
20180525_132942 (resized).jpg
IM (resized).JPG
93137402895957ddebb79042801bdf23 (1) (resized).jpg
BAB6A095-7DD8-4490-8088-0BEAD2402EB1 (resized).jpeg
IMmullet (resized).jpg
32835925_1918142274932396_5024079604139163648_n (resized).jpg
0511181554a (resized).jpg
0511181554 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6747 posts in topic. You are on page 128 of 135.
#6351 9 days ago
Quoted from Stones:

In Vegas this week, FINALLY got to play the pro. First off, those guys on the stream are assholes for making it look so easy.
Beautiful game, great to shoot! Its certainly on my radar.....but gonna wait to see what is around the corner......and Im broke at the moment....

Hey where in Vegas is an IMDN?? I’m heading up there tomorrow for some errands haha. Is it at NYNY?

#6352 9 days ago
Quoted from MikeTangoIndia:

Hey where in Vegas is an IMDN?? I’m heading up there tomorrow for some errands haha. Is it at NYNY?

Two locations in Vegas...”Pinball Hall of Fame” and “A Gamer’s Paradise” next to the PHoF both have a Pro.

#6353 9 days ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

Two locations in Vegas...”Pinball Hall of Fame” and “A Gamer’s Paradise” next to the PHoF both have a Pro.

Sweet! Thanks! I’ll have to swing on over to the PHOF it looks like after Target lol

#6354 9 days ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I would like to see the full yellow version!

Done.

Quoted from frankmac:

Can you put gloss black on the LE?
Black T molding also.. I would love to see that..

As I still have the stenciling up for the Prem., it's easier for me to do that one currently (I did do some LE requests earlier in the thread though).

imdnbyel (resized).jpg

#6355 9 days ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Done.

As I still have the stenciling up for the Prem., it's easier for me to do that one currently (I did do some LE requests earlier in the thread though).

Could you do up a Prem with full red armor and red backbox trim?

#6356 9 days ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

Could you do up a Prem with full red armor and red backbox trim?

imdnred (resized).jpg

#6357 9 days ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

Finally got my LE in. The pin is beautiful, but I'm dealing with several issues out of the box. I'm hoping it's the code that is causing most of the issues as it's still .94, but soon to be updated. The sarcophagus is not reading and a ball search ensues every time. Whether the ball comes back after is a crapshoot. The songs are also picking themselves, which is odd. No idea how that's happening. The ball has also gone under the middle ramp but completely goes flying out the bottom of the playfield and hitting the cabinet. Little frustrating, but such is first world problems. Anyone else having similar issues?

The songs picking themselves sorta happened to me. Turned out the clairvoyant ball was triggering. Underneath the play field for that, needed to make sure the post on the mechanism aligns right to center of the plastic cup, and also had to adjust the gap on the leaf switch . Otherwise any vibration (like hitting the flipper) was triggering it. Sometimes choose a song, sometime caused the ball to auto launch... Good luck with the rest..

#6358 9 days ago

I love the layout.. and even the Egyptian sub-theme... but I strongly dislike Iron Maiden. I so wish Stern had picked a different theme. I’ve tried to talk myself into buying one anyway, and I just can’t do it. Maybe if someone figures out a way to replace all the music...

#6360 9 days ago

I like the look of that pin but can I get it in cornflower blue?

#6361 9 days ago

Just like the LE, the premium looks stunning in red

#6362 9 days ago

If I was going to powder coat the trim on this game, I'd do the coin door and shooter housing too for a completely finished look.

#6363 9 days ago
Quoted from Zukram:

The songs picking themselves sorta happened to me. Turned out the clairvoyant ball was triggering. Underneath the play field for that, needed to make sure the post on the mechanism aligns right to center of the plastic cup, and also had to adjust the gap on the leaf switch . Otherwise any vibration (like hitting the flipper) was triggering it. Sometimes choose a song, sometime caused the ball to auto launch... Good luck with the rest..

I just checked this. Oddly enough the leaf switches had enough of a gap to where the ball isn't even registering hits. The mechanism was misaligned as well as you noted.

This is my 4th NIB Stern. I'm pretty shocked at the lack of QC that has happened here. I'm convinced this pin did not go through any of it as there are multiple issues that start as soon as the start button is hit with the songs automatically being chosen. Now that I've been able to take the time to play myself and test everything out there are multiple game breaking issues. Mechanisms that aren't anywhere in working order or registering properly. I'm at a loss at the moment as my sons and I have been eagerly waiting to play this pin. Hopefully a few calls to my distributor and Stern can get it playable.

#6364 9 days ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

I just checked this. Oddly enough the leaf switches had enough of a gap to where the ball isn't even registering hits. The mechanism was misaligned as well as you noted.
This is my 4th NIB Stern. I'm pretty shocked at the lack of QC that has happened here. I'm convinced this pin did not go through any of it as there are multiple issues that start as soon as the start button is hit with the songs automatically being chosen. Now that I've been able to take the time to play myself and test everything out there are multiple game breaking issues. Mechanisms that aren't anywhere in working order or registering properly. I'm at a loss at the moment as my sons and I have been eagerly waiting to play this pin. Hopefully a few calls to my distributor and Stern can get it playable.

Yep happened to me, when I posted about it earlier in the thread I got a lot of down votes so be careful around here, some sensitive Pinsiders hahah

#6365 9 days ago

songs being chosen at press of start button most likely means you have a closed leaf switch somewhere on the playfield that needs to be gapped. Easy fix. You can go into diagnotics and switch test to find which one it is. Your pin probably just needs <30 min of set-up tweaks from someone who knows what they're doing. Unfortunate but not uncommon. Anyone local to this guy?

#6366 9 days ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Sterns Plan:
1. Release Maiden pro and blow everyone away. Then sell a shit ton of them..
2. Release Maiden LE. Sold Out . Go all out on this and blow the socks off everyone ..
3. Release Maiden PRe.. Go all out on it and sell a shit ton of them.
Everyone is happy... Stern turns up the heat big time on all 3 models..

Not far off..

#6367 9 days ago
Quoted from kpg:

Yep happened to me, when I posted about it earlier in the thread I got a lot of down votes so be careful around here, some sensitive Pinsiders hahah

The QC still isn't good enough for sure.

That said I am buying my first NIB Stern since Metallica.

Bottom line Stern have listened and are improving. Maiden is a superb all round package and code is already very good, and much more confident of regular updates as needed.

They still have the backlog of games to finish code updates, but much more hopeful that this will actually happen now.

Wish QC was better but generally, you can get issues sorted under warranty.

Stern got one customer back anyway.

#6368 9 days ago
Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

songs being chosen at press of start button most likely means you have a closed leaf switch somewhere on the playfield that needs to be gapped. Easy fix. You can go into diagnotics and switch test to find which one it is. Your pin probably just needs <30 min of set-up tweaks from someone who knows what they're doing. Unfortunate but not uncommon. Anyone local to this guy?

About to call into Stern now to address a few other issues. With the start button, I'm pretty sure that's what is happening. Easy enough fix.

#6369 9 days ago
Quoted from kpg:

I'm about to downvote myself. I just heard a "thunk" sound in the cabinet. Appears something has fallen off from the playfield itself. Interesting Thursday morning so far.

Edit: The thunk was a bracket falling off the bottom of the playfield. Checked and found part of the sarcophagus mech dangling. I'm not even sure if it was in place this entire time. Explains why sarcophagus would enter ball search and not auto-launch another ball.

#6370 9 days ago

Time to sell a game homie...

7C290092-5565-489A-BB0E-329452773EB2 (resized).png

#6371 9 days ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Time to sell a game homie...

lol- I love it when people zoom in on all the details in pics haha...

That's a door to my front patio. A patio i'd never use, got plenty of other patios so no reason to use this one. Plus, previous owner of the house apparently was too cheap to get a new door handle when putting on shutters.. hilarious. I'll eventually build out this room to hold more pins anyway, but for now, f*ck it.

#6372 9 days ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

I'm about to downvote myself. I just heard a "thunk" sound in the cabinet. Appears something has fallen off from the playfield itself. Interesting Thursday morning so far.
Edit: The thunk was a bracket falling off the bottom of the playfield. Checked and found part of the sarcophagus mech dangling. I'm not even sure if it was in place this entire time. Explains why sarcophagus would enter ball search and not auto-launch another ball.

Damn, well that explains that!!!

Hopefully the fixes are easy and you can get on and play the game. It took some work to get my working great, but now it works perfect and the game is amazing.

#6373 9 days ago
Quoted from kpg:

got plenty of other patios so no reason to use this one.

Wait, I only have one patio...F my life!

#6374 9 days ago
Quoted from kpg:

Damn, well that explains that!!!
Hopefully the fixes are easy and you can get on and play the game. It took some work to get my working great, but now it works perfect and the game is amazing.

Nothing a morning beer, some patience, and a little cussing on the side won't fix.

#6375 9 days ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

I like the look of that pin but can I get it in cornflower blue?

81FF7262-3C29-4EE6-9534-AA12790E72DD (resized).jpeg

#6376 9 days ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

That actually looks pretty good. It really needs an offset color like that blue for all the beige/brown on the cabinet. Might have a winner there.

#6377 9 days ago
Quoted from Potatoloco:

Wow that is distressing.

It's clear that Stern is *still* cranking these out as fast as they can without due diligence to actually testing/inspecting the games before they ship. It's a $9K pinball machine, get your shit together Stern!

#6378 9 days ago
Quoted from kpg:

No, your posts got downvoted because instead of getting informed, you jumped to calling the design flawed and 'cheese' on day 1.

What you had were switch adjustment, setup issues, but you were eager to assume the thing was fundamentally flawed.

#6379 9 days ago

I am in the process of trying to hook up my LE to my external Polk subwoofer.

I read in the feature matrix there is supposed to be a "New CPU mounted line-out audio connector for external amplification"

Where is that line-out connector?

Also, I noticed they removed the headphone jack from the Spike 2 board... so can't use that either. Just trying to avoid having to mickey mouse the connection off the subwoofer or buying a pinnovators connector. Thanks

#6380 9 days ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

No, your posts got downvoted because instead of getting informed, you jumped to calling the design flawed and 'cheese' on day 1.
What you had were switch adjustment, setup issues, but you were eager to assume the thing was fundamentally flawed.

Thanks for exaggerating and blowing my comments completely out of context. I wouldn't expect anything less from you though. What I was is disappointed about was that the game was not properly inspected and tested before shipped- you know, things you'd expect when paying $9,000 hard earned dollars for a machine meant for commercial use. How that qualifies as "fundamentally flawed" - in your words - NOT MINE - is laughable. Move on.

#6381 9 days ago

Guys... it's a damn switch adjustment calm the eff down.

#6382 9 days ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Guys... it's a damn switch adjustment calm the eff down.

Quoted from Potatoloco:

...I just heard a "thunk" sound in the cabinet. Appears something has fallen off from the playfield itself. Interesting Thursday morning so far.

#6383 9 days ago

Big Bird is stoked about his incoming Premium machine lol

bbird (resized).jpg

#6384 9 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

Wait...Eddie is transgender now? Iron Maiden is really pandering to expand their base...

His full name is Eddy Izzard

You can't let Queen get all the spotlight.

madadfaxresdefault (resized).jpg

#6385 9 days ago
Quoted from kpg:

Big Bird is stoked about his incoming Premium machine lol

haha. As a tall man with a large nose I approve this message. Also, you guys have to admit it, the LE looks SO MUCH better in person than in the pictures:

8b82ac361e2ec3f9ec4c76496bd0a828 (resized).jpg

#6386 9 days ago
Quoted from kpg:

How that qualifies as "fundamentally flawed" - in your words - NOT MINE - is laughable. Move on.

Quoted from kpg:

This is the captive ball for the sarcophagus lock.
It literally rocks back and forth in this plastic "cup" like plastic piece. Not sure who designed it but they should rethink this thing.

You DO realize that your old posts are still viewable, right?

#6387 9 days ago
Quoted from kpg:

Thanks for exaggerating and blowing my comments completely out of context. I wouldn't expect anything less from you though. What I was is disappointed about was that the game was not properly inspected and tested before shipped- you know, things you'd expect when paying $9,000 hard earned dollars for a machine meant for commercial use. How that qualifies as "fundamentally flawed" - in your words - NOT MINE - is laughable. Move on.

This is your assessment of the pop bumper spoon design.. the proven design that has been in use for over 50 years.

Quoted from kpg:

Overall it's a bad design. I can't see how it can be consistent over time.

Quoted from kpg:

The design is pretty terrible, in my opinion. The plastic is super thin - doesn't feel like a commercial part at all.

It literally rocks back and forth in this plastic "cup" like plastic piece. Not sure who designed it but they should rethink this thing.

And then your comments about the lock

Quoted from kpg:

Further inspection and seeing how this new captive ball design is pretty cheese. I'll take a pic, but I just don't see this holding up long term.

And you have the nerve say I'm exaggerating??

I get you were bothered about the OOB experience with the game, and yes, it seems like the early Maiden LEs have had more issues than just the pros built right before. But instead of just dealing with setup issues, you took the leap to ASSuming these were flaws that would doom the parts.

And to call me the exaggerator??? Your lack of self-awareness is amaze-balls.

#6388 9 days ago
Quoted from Fytr:

So loose screws? HOLY SHIT - STOP PRODUCTION!!!

#6389 8 days ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

This is your assessment of the pop bumper spoon design.. the proven design that has been in use for over 50 years.

But this design changes it substantially from the way it works with pop bumpers. A thick, non-pointed metal rod that takes up most of the spoon area is a lot different than a pointed plastic rod that takes up a small area of the spoon like with pop bumpers.

#6390 8 days ago

IMDN LE update. No problems out of box, protector installed, not a single issue. Quality is super high. The shaker is awesome—get one! The LE is phenomenal, no regrets on the upgrade.

34068D1E-7787-4E09-AA5C-883881EF6392 (resized).jpeg

#6391 8 days ago
Quoted from vireland:

But this design changes it substantially from the way it works with pop bumpers. A thick, non-pointed metal rod that takes up most of the spoon area is a lot different than a pointed plastic rod that takes up a small area of the spoon like with pop bumpers.

Yet his concern was with the plastic spoon itself... because he's never seen one before. Which is because he really doesn't know much about the guts of games.
But is quick to judge those who actually do.. and post online about it no less. Instead of taking in info, understanding, observing... it's lets go online and slam people (and then deny it when called out no less..).

Sorry the guy had some switch adjustments needed... or had weak QA on a game. OOB experience is something every company is striving for, and sometimes they miss. The difference is how people react to the problem and solutions.

#6392 8 days ago

Enough about a couple loose screws. Someone answer the man's question on where to plug in a sub.

#6393 8 days ago
Quoted from kpg:

I am in the process of trying to hook up my LE to my external Polk subwoofer.

I read in the feature matrix there is supposed to be a "New CPU mounted line-out audio connector for external amplification"

Where is that line-out connector?

Stern saw that you bought another game from them decided not to include that in your pin KPG!

Congrats on LE, mine arrives this afternoon.

#6394 8 days ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Could you do it with the same darker blue as the sky in the BG, like the "cornflower blue" one above, but for realz.?

#6395 8 days ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Could you do it with the same darker blue as the sky in the BG, like the "cornflower blue" one above, but for realz.?

imdncorn (resized).jpg

imdnblue (resized).jpg

#6396 8 days ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

Medisinyl thanks for doing all these photoshop requests lol. Great job!! But that cornflower blue looks like painters tape blue. Or the legs off of a Road Show lol. I think the darker blue looks better IMO

#6397 8 days ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Yet his concern was with the plastic spoon itself... because he's never seen one before. Which is because he really doesn't know much about the guts of games.

This will explain it to anyone unfamiliar as to how they've worked for the last 60 years, and how to adjust them for proper function:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-rebuilding-pop-bumpers#post-486004

#6398 8 days ago

Blue on the premium doesn't work for me. Black, yellow or red look good to me.

#6399 8 days ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

But is quick to judge those who actually do.. and post online about it no less. Instead of taking in info, understanding, observing... it's lets go online and slam people (and then deny it when called out no less..).
Sorry the guy had some switch adjustments needed... or had weak QA on a game. OOB experience is something every company is striving for, and sometimes they miss. The difference is how people react to the problem and solutions.

Thanks for proving my point Flyn... On how damn sensitive you guys can get.

Big deal.

I fixed the problem as stated before, but you are such a baby you can't drop it. Always need something to complain about another Pinsider and attack them.

Do you even own an Iron Maiden pin and have skin in the game? Or are you here to just whine about any post you deem worthy of crying about ?

#6400 8 days ago
Quoted from MikeTangoIndia:

Medisinyl thanks for doing all these photoshop requests lol. Great job!! But that cornflower blue looks like painters tape blue. Or the legs off of a Road Show lol. I think the darker blue looks better IMO

Yeah thanks a bunch.

I think black, red, or that taupe metallic brown look great.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12,500.00
$ 24.50
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 7,299.00
There are 6747 posts in topic. You are on page 128 of 135.

Wanna join the discussion? Sign up for a Pinside account, or log in if you already have an account.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside