1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 7,167 posts
  • 672 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Fezmid
  • Topic is favorited by 92 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 888 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

9C575F0A-1D88-44CA-9EB8-6B444307CEA7 (resized).jpeg
20180726_193050 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180619_202938 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180626_061913 (resized).jpg
20180625_090851 (resized).jpg
20180625_090605 (resized).jpg
IMG_0386 (resized).JPG
EC0D26C9-4574-415D-85B3-9B8AC424589E (resized).jpeg
20180622_172513 (resized).jpg
20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7167 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 144.
#4251 1 year ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

I was told the LE's are already in production...
Really would like to see what the premium looks like so I know if I prefer that over the LE now... Like everything about the LE except the damn airplane all over the cabinet. Stern should have listed the art as "Aces High Theme" or " Aerial Battle" not Battlefield.... And I know someone else will take it if I don't want it. I already have someone.... LOL

Apart from the cheerful colours, the plane is such an odd choice to theme the whole LE art package around.

#4252 1 year ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

I was told the LE's are already in production...
Really would like to see what the premium looks like so I know if I prefer that over the LE now... Like everything about the LE except the damn airplane all over the cabinet. Stern should have listed the art as "Aces High Theme" or " Aerial Battle" not Battlefield.... And I know someone else will take it if I don't want it. I already have someone.... LOL

My distributor said it will be a couple weeks for Premium pics and offered to hold my LE for me to get a look. Maybe you can get the same arrangement. I said ship it as after the initial shock of what I had in my head the art is growing on me a lot. I may put black nickel armor on but the red looks good when its not saturated. Really got to see this in person I think to truly appreciate it.

#4253 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Apart from the cheerful colours, the plane is such an odd choice to theme the whole LE art package around.

Agreed. Granted Bruce loves flying. Perhaps he had influenced that decision.

Would love to see a well modeled plane on play-field. Plenty of Mod's to come I'm sure.

They certainly can't theme the game based on what I saw on those awful models. They must certainly of been leaked and not actual models. I'm hoping

#4254 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Wtf?
That can’t be right. That’s idiotic
How do you sell out of the premium

It’s not accurate.

#4255 1 year ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Hopefully the feedback on the LE gets back to the band and they decide to rework the LE cabinet art... /wishful thinking....

and-monkeys.gif

#4256 1 year ago

The game is based on the Comics!!! It‘s not based on World War Reality. In the Comic you have flying jetback Zombies:

502945D4-07F4-411E-8E0C-FEF38D2CBD86 (resized).jpeg

#4257 1 year ago

I am happy with whatever they based it on.

I can't wait to get my LE.

#4258 1 year ago

People are forgetting that this is not based on the traditional Iron Maiden art/albums otherwise the "legacy of the beast" branding wouldn't have been included. I too wish it was based on the "scarier/darker" art of traditional eddie... but alas it is not. It also explains why the models look the way they do in the animations. I just wish they woulda spent a little more time on the "somewhere in time" sculpt, as it's pretty obvious that wasn't made for this game alone. It looks like an action figure with articulated arms and legs and not a true sculpt like on Walking Dead. I'm already looking for an alternative toy to replace it with, and that's kinda a bummer considering the price of the upgrade to LE to get true sculpts...

#4259 1 year ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Does anyone know where this Premium/LE exclusive feature is / what it's used for?
"Interactive "RGBeacon": chase light beacon featuring 12 color-changing RGB LEDs"

There is a blue flasher dome in the top right corner.. behind cyborg eddie.

#4260 1 year ago

I think killers artwork would have been an awesome LE art package. This I was the best I could do on my computer.

IMG_20180426_105836047_HDR (resized).jpg

#4261 1 year ago

Where are the High Res Media LE pics. I can't seem to find them anymore.

#4262 1 year ago

One more thing, the video is not so good but if they would play the handy game intro in the attract mode of the pinball machine I think we would have a complete background story for this game. There you can see how the fragments of Eddies soul are shattered after the fight against the beast. And why he has to collect them again in the game to battle the beast again. It would be perfect if they could get it:

#4263 1 year ago
Quoted from NightMutilator:

People are forgetting that this is not based on the traditional Iron Maiden art/albums otherwise the "legacy of the beast" branding wouldn't have been included. I too wish it was based on the "scarier/darker" art of traditional eddie... but alas it is not. It also explains why the models look the way they do in the animations. I just wish they woulda spent a little more time on the "somewhere in time" sculpt, as it's pretty obvious that wasn't made for this game alone. It looks like an action figure with articulated arms and legs and not a true sculpt like on Walking Dead. I'm already looking for an alternative toy to replace it with, and that's kinda a bummer considering the price of the upgrade to LE to get true sculpts...

The upside is that we got IMDN classic songs and not a bunch of their new stuff which I don’t care for as much. The LE is going to look incredible! That art on the foil decals is gunna look amazing IMhO

#4265 1 year ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

The upside is that we got IMDN classic songs and not a bunch of their new stuff which I don’t care for as much. The LE is going to look incredible! That art on the foil decals is gunna look amazing IMhO

I agree that the foil is going to make it pretty damn impressive to see in person, regardless of it being themed on air battles...

#4267 1 year ago

Foil is gonna look bad ass when you lift up the game and pull it out from your row for guests to see.

#4268 1 year ago

The hi-res pics do look better. I don't think anyone is going to be unhappy with their game, LE or otherwise. Though we haven't seen the premium yet.

#4269 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Foil is gonna look bad ass when you lift up the game and pull it out from your row for guests to see.

Good point, though I'm the type of guy who completely showcases the game when I get it, especially when I put it on location or in Horrorhouse Fest... I'm not the type who buys 3000 games and puts them in my "off limits, collector zone" basement.

#4270 1 year ago
Quoted from starbase:

Hope this link works.

Works great, over a gig of print quality stuff here. Thank you!

#4271 1 year ago
Quoted from NightMutilator:

... I'm not the type who buys 3000 games and puts them in my "off limits, collector zone" basement.

Right on. I put mine in my 13 game on limits booze weed and rage tilt zone.

#4272 1 year ago

Nice! Now where's the leaked high-res premium photos?

#4273 1 year ago

Trying to decide color for powder coating on the pro. Can who ever did the mock up's on the LE, photo shop some pro cab's with different colors?

#4274 1 year ago

Enjoy.

Quoted from BoJo:It was only a matter of time before someone posted the link

Hey "It's only pinball".

Shocked nobody shared link.

#4275 1 year ago

I may eventually end up with the Pro but the LE looks way better after looking at the detailed pics..

#4276 1 year ago

I wasn't totally sure seeing the low-res images of the LE yesterday. But now seeing the high-res images from the link and comparing side-by-side to the Pro, I'm super stoked I'm getting the LE. Pretty badass.

#4277 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Its going to be at the end of my row if I end up going with the LE!!

#4278 1 year ago

stunning!

IM-LE-Playfield-01b_preview (resized).jpeg

#4279 1 year ago
Quoted from ttown:

Its going to be at the end of my row if I end up going with the LE!!

End of the row means more room for pins...lucky you!

#4280 1 year ago

FEC64FD1-95A5-4497-A4B2-FAA9B9DEDBD1.jpeg

#4281 1 year ago

Just seems odd to combine Aces High Eddie w Tailgunner Eddie - No Prayer for the dying is a pretty weak album to draw such prominent art on the side of the LE- so many other better options/themes

#4282 1 year ago

I really like the shade of red they chose for the armor, also the front of Cab and backglass look fantastic as well! ZY if you are reading this beautiful job as usual, we are lucky to have you cranking out kick ass art at Stern!

#4283 1 year ago

I never cared about the LE, so the art and colors not being my cup of tea don't matter to me. Looking forward to gameplay so we can see how the playfield upgrades work in practice, that's what matters.

If they're using the same red armor as Star Trek Premium it was pretty stunning in person, whatever you think of the color with the cab art. Photographs never did it justice since it was a candy color with some real depth.

#4284 1 year ago
Quoted from Kodiakdawg:

Just seems odd to combine Aces High Eddie w Tailgunner Eddie - No Prayer for the dying is a pretty weak album to draw such prominent art on the side of the LE- so many other better options/themes

The whole thing is some pesudo-mashup. The cockpit view on the side being so close to the Ace's High cover... yet so OFF is what throws me the most. (instead of the squared window base its supposed to have)

I guess I should open my comics and see if this combo exists in there...

#4286 1 year ago

I like the art blades a lot

#4287 1 year ago

Does the flasher tower accompany an LE feature?

#4288 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I never cared about the LE, so the art and colors not being my cup of tea don't matter to me. Looking forward to gameplay so we can see how the playfield upgrades work in practice, that's what matters.
If they're using the same red armor as Star Trek Premium it was pretty stunning in person, whatever you think of the color with the cab art. Photographs never did it justice since it was a candy color with some real depth.

Acdc Luci was weird in pics but love it in Flesh .

#4289 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Does the flasher tower accompany an LE feature?

Likely on premium too I would imagine.

#4290 1 year ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Likely on premium too I would imagine.

beacon (resized).jpg

#4291 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The whole thing is some pesudo-mashup. The cockpit view on the side being so close to the Ace's High cover... yet so OFF is what throws me the most. (instead of the squared window base its supposed to have)
I guess I should open my comics and see if this combo exists in there...

Not to beat a dead horse here. The side art compared to the BEAUTIFUL playfield and back glass is a HUGE disappointment imo. It could have been more of what was advertised "Battlefield themed" This looks like Time Pilot themed!!!

I was hoping for something way darker with Eddie on a Battlefield... I seriously think my 12 year old could have drawn that plane side art. Hopefully the foil will save it but for me personally it is a let down from what could have been.

I serious don't know how Iron Maiden approved this if they were so involved. /weaksauce

#4292 1 year ago

Pro Owners, I'm wondering how the speakers are? have this game coming & wondering if I'll end up wanting to do a speaker upgrade.

#4293 1 year ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

I seriously think my 12 year old could have drawn that plane side art. Hopefully the foil will save it but for me personally it is a let down from what could have been.
I serious don't know how Iron Maiden approved this if they were so involved. /weaksauce

I seriously think that you are wrong, If there is a 12 year old who is a better artist than ZY I would love to see their work!

#4294 1 year ago

I seriously think that you are wrong, If there is a 12 year old who is a better artist than ZY I would love to see their work!

My point is the sideart is very basic looking... The rest as stated is BEAUTIFUL

#4295 1 year ago

I think it looks darn good and find it to be a big improvement over his GB work.

#4296 1 year ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

I think it looks darn good and find it to be a big improvement over his GB work.

See I actually like the GBLE waaay better. Everyone has their own tastes.

#4297 1 year ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

My point is the sideart is very basic looking... The rest as stated is BEAUTIFUL

Whatever it is, it's not "basic looking." I think some Iron Maiden fans (and apparently WWII plane aficionados) are disappointed because it doesn't look like the reference art/pics they have in mind, and that's fair enough. But it's a detailed and technically proficient piece of artwork, not the scribbling of a middle-schooler.

#4298 1 year ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

I seriously think my 12 year old could have drawn that plane side art. Hopefully the foil will save it but for me personally it is a let down from what could have been.

Ah the old i don't like it so that means i need to insult the artist routine. We get it. You don't like it. Now stop ruining it for people who do like it. Just cancel your LE and move on to either a premium or just move on all together. You are acting like a child at this point.

#4299 1 year ago

I'm excited beyond belief for this game, though the first two albums/art style still resonate most for me... The self titled album was one I bought when I was a kid based on the art alone, and it completely changed my life Killers of course is one of the most iconic covers of all time and scared me to death every time I saw it hanging on the tapestry above my bed... haha

However, in terms of the pinball realm, and as I let this crazy leaked reveal controversy set-in, I must say in comparison to games of the past the cost increase (which I understand is needed to have such a huge team at Stern working on this) just doesn't stack up in terms of features, toys, etc. I know Ghostbusters LE was not loved as much due to gameplay difficulty, but damn that game was stacked with tons of cool and innovative parts and pieces. This game, which has some truly amazing gameplay and layout flow... just feels a bit over-priced in comparison mostly due to the lack of top level features. Wizard of Oz was cheaper (initially) and had almost too much stuff... And then go look at games from the 90's once more and do a comparison. Many of those woulda cost $18,000 if they came out today due to all the custom creations lying within.

Overall, inflation is a jerkface, and I just wish with the price increase we'd get more to shoot at and admire. I'm not a lawyer or corporate collector so this price-point really does hit me hard. I took a chance on a game that's pretty damn expensive (and will not be backing out btw), but just feel like it really didn't warrant the price increase due to an LCD being in place and some extra toys that will in no doubt be recreated by mod makers...

Regardless I know I'm gonna love playing this game, I just know my bank account is going to be wondering why I chose to lay down such a high amount of dollar bills for something that is more of a downgrade in features to games purchased just a year ago.

#4300 1 year ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Whatever it is, it's not "basic looking." I think some Iron Maiden fans (and apparently WWII plane aficionados) are disappointed because it doesn't look like the reference art/pics they have in mind, and that's fair enough. But it's a highly detailed and technically proficient piece of artwork, not the scribbling of a middle-schooler.

For all we know it might have needed to be that way to get a nice effect from the decals they are using. BM66SLE has the huge batmobile on the side too.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Great American Pinball
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
There are 7167 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 144.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside