20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 144.
#5301 5 years ago

Wow, LE looks awesome. Now the long wait.

#5302 5 years ago
Quoted from Kolchak357:

I imagine the experience will be awesome in a home setting.

You imagine correct.

#5303 5 years ago

We played the pro extensively today and its a great/fun shooter . Its missing something tho that i cant put my finger on but im thinking the premium with the extra stuff will fill the void .

#5304 5 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

It’s there and you screw out on, not the most impressive piece but still custom

Is the graphics cut short around the shooters plate? Or is the black plastic?

#5305 5 years ago

Has anyone finished the current software yet? I think I was pretty close today, passing cyborg multiball and headed for Number of the Beast, but my hands started going numb after about 30 minutes of manhandling the machine (<-- Old person problem) so I cut it short. If I was anywhere close to the end already, that would be a little disappointing given that I haven't even played it that much at the location we've got it at. Hopefully I was about halfway...

#5306 5 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

It’s there and you screw out on, not the most impressive piece but still custom

Are these bullets holes in the front on the cabinet ? Right next to the coin door. It looks crazy cool

#5307 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I'm sure they cut the art away from the shooter plate. They were going under the shooter plate until recently. The BM66 SLE we got had a screwed up shooter plate that delaminated the coin door art around the plate and when we asked Stern for a replacement, they sent art that didn't even match the SLE cab finish (it wasn't shiny with a raised appearance). Apparently they didn't make any SLE extras. Really sucked on a 15k machine, but felt very Stern.

#5308 5 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Are these bullets holes in the front on the cabinet ? Right next to the coin door. It looks crazy cool

Fooled me initially, too. They do look photorealistic, but they're just art.

#5309 5 years ago

I live near STL

All of our games have bullet holes in them

#5310 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Fooled me initially, too. They do look photorealistic, but they're just art.

Wow, looks real and Doh, just to bad it's not at the same time

#5311 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I live near STL
All of our games have bullet holes in them

Democrats on the way!!

#5312 5 years ago

Can you show us the back of the JBls ? Like the sub

#5313 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Not tracking your question, it is one piece and the black screws in.

A4FD2509-EB2A-436F-826B-AEDE84FAAAB0 (resized).jpegA4FD2509-EB2A-436F-826B-AEDE84FAAAB0 (resized).jpeg

#5314 5 years ago

LE owners
What is this Special Extras Stern talk about ?
Does it come with killer goody bag ?
Paper manual ?
Concert tickets ? haha dream on i know
Wow one would hope the shooter plate went over the art ? And do you have to glue the knob to stop it going missing ?

#5315 5 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Yep

379369E7-5E5C-447F-B73C-F3399F7244F6 (resized).jpeg379369E7-5E5C-447F-B73C-F3399F7244F6 (resized).jpeg

FED46F37-35F4-4DFA-9FCD-1D9326B0B181 (resized).jpegFED46F37-35F4-4DFA-9FCD-1D9326B0B181 (resized).jpeg

#5316 5 years ago

That red armor looks amazing. So much more depth than the stern pics show. Stern pics made it look almost like fire engine red lol

#5317 5 years ago

LE #17 Set up and playing at Lyons Classic Pinball . Thanks Trent, and Trey.

#5318 5 years ago

Red rubber

10BBBDF6-8534-468F-9BDD-C9CA9F9DC429 (resized).jpeg10BBBDF6-8534-468F-9BDD-C9CA9F9DC429 (resized).jpeg

#5319 5 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Not tracking your question, it is one piece and the black screws in.

This area here is what looks strange. What is that?

9CDC6030-A5A3-444E-8F40-7E3071C3A72C.jpeg9CDC6030-A5A3-444E-8F40-7E3071C3A72C.jpeg

#5320 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Graphics look tight on this photo.

4457D286-51B1-4DF9-8397-C794D19B69BB.jpeg4457D286-51B1-4DF9-8397-C794D19B69BB.jpeg

#5321 5 years ago

I won my first tournament today! My first game playing IMDN, I got 3 super skillshots in a row.

F0D47209-9166-484A-AA39-ABAFADAEBFBA (resized).jpegF0D47209-9166-484A-AA39-ABAFADAEBFBA (resized).jpeg

099CE4E1-55B0-4586-A8D8-21ED4F696082 (resized).jpeg099CE4E1-55B0-4586-A8D8-21ED4F696082 (resized).jpeg
7A0A9CBE-93D9-4BBD-952C-84DAB4568745 (resized).jpeg7A0A9CBE-93D9-4BBD-952C-84DAB4568745 (resized).jpeg

#5322 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

It’s the cab, decal is cut around

#5323 5 years ago

So how does the LE play compared to the pro? Do the extra features add, takeaway, or not really a big difference?

#5324 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

So how does the LE play compared to the pro? Do the extra features add, takeaway, or not really a big difference?

I love the mummy lock. Underworld is a missed opportunity to me, it should lock Trooper balls as a physical lock mechanism but it just starts modes and shoots back. Orb shot vs pro makes no sense to me also, the ball is easier to hit and isn’t a toy. Light show is a big plus.

#5325 5 years ago

Lighting on the Le is really nice

Pro
Screenshot_20180504-235140 (resized).pngScreenshot_20180504-235140 (resized).png

LE
Screenshot_20180504-235039 (resized).pngScreenshot_20180504-235039 (resized).png

#5326 5 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

I love the mummy lock. Underworld is a missed opportunity to me, it should lock Trooper balls as a physical lock mechanism but it just starts modes and shoots back. Orb shot vs pro makes no sense to me also, the ball is easier to hit and isn’t a toy. Light show is a big plus.

Yah the underworld sounds kinda lame. Too bad, like you said, a big missed opportunity to do something really cool with it. Tough choice on the premium for me. The art is going to have to really deliver.

#5327 5 years ago

To any of you within driving distance of Minneapolis, come to Tilt and play the LE there.

I saw it today, intending to play it - naturally! - but my tokens wouldn't register and no credit appeared. Rather than ask the bartenders to sort it out, I simply played the Pro that stands directly beside the LE. Go see them and compare!

The LE is gorgeous! Have no doubt: the backglass is a true mirrored backglass and looks stellar!

#5328 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

Yah the underworld sounds kinda lame. Too bad, like you said, a big missed opportunity to do something really cool with it. Tough choice on the premium for me. The art is going to have to really deliver.

Code is not near finish , it's keith first born baby , he will do the right thing to make Maiden the best game possible.

The lcd animations were way off 3 weeks ago and when they showed the Prem/LE gameplay it was way better and almost perfect he even apologized for that

Lots can be fix in code guys

#5329 5 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

Lighting on the Le is really nice
Pro

LE

They look identical in person, except for the odd red splotches of GI on the LE. I’m not sure what they were going for there to be honest. Your sample pics are not accurate to real life.

#5330 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

They look identical in person.

#5331 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Something that certainly don't look right to me

C'mon Stern no short cuts on this baby please.

As you made the LE targeted for home collections, many of us are extremely passionate and picky, we expect the BEST, particularly at this price point.

Stern you can do it ! QC please,

The cab finish was supposed to be a highlight of this game.

Don't rush it out, just get it right please.

Hopefully I'm just jumping the gun again.

shoot (resized).jpgshoot (resized).jpg

#5332 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

As you made the LE targeted for home collections, many of us are extremely passionate and picky, we expect the BEST, particularly at this price point.

I didn’t even notice it until someone pointed it out. Ya the decal should fill the space better but it’s not anything to get worked up over.

#5333 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Has anyone finished the current software yet? I think I was pretty close today, passing cyborg multiball and headed for Number of the Beast, but my hands started going numb after about 30 minutes of manhandling the machine (<-- Old person problem) so I cut it short. If I was anywhere close to the end already, that would be a little disappointing given that I haven't even played it that much at the location we've got it at. Hopefully I was about halfway...

Just about. Here’s the spoiler.

« Spoiler! Click to reveal. I’ve made it to 3 of the 5 wizard modes. Cyborg (amazing), 2M2M (even more amazing), Number of the beast (lackluster don’t even think it’s coded, didn’t seem to do anything). I haven’t made it to run to hills (not coded in yet but there’s a bug that gives you a High score table for it) and Madness (don’t know if it’s coded in; awarded for pharaoh awards). In the 200 plays, I’ve had 4-5 games that lasted more than 15 mins. With 5 wizard modes in the game; I have a few settings adjustments Planned to up the challenge. 1. Open left outlane. 2. Make revive harder. 3. Limit ebs to one and have it Awarded at pharaoh and not pyramid (don’t know if that’s possible but I’d like that for a first go to setting change). All in all. The game is amazing and challenging. if you ignore scoring and some of the other games features; you can get to some of the wizard modes simple, but I doubt your score will be any good as it seems wizard mode scoring is based on gameplay progression scoring. »

Sorry for the wall of text. When you add spoiler hide/show it gets funky with punctuation and paragraphs.

#5334 5 years ago

Not a fan of the theme.... But it's hard to take your eyes off of this machine.

It's stunning.

#5335 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

« Spoiler!»
Sorry for the wall of text. When you add spoiler hide/show it gets funky with punctuation and paragraphs.

Thanks for the summary. So it sounds like I was maybe between half and two thirds done. The only thing on your list the machine isn't set for is to make Revive harder. EBs are already limited to 1 from the default of 5. Kinda glad I didn't see Number of the Beast if nothing's there yet.

#5336 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Thats how they all are now. Decals cut out around shooter rod housing and where legs attach. By not making contact it keeps the decals from wrinkling.

#5337 5 years ago

And shooter rod housing cut out needs to be bigger than shooter rod housing to allow room for adjustment.

#5338 5 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

I didn’t even notice it until someone pointed it out. Ya the decal should fill the space better but it’s not anything to get worked up over.

Thanks Bob, I appreciate your reply.

I'm so happy for the many people that can be relaxed about some small detail, that is so cool !

I so wish I was the same, It's really difficult to be a perfectionist, I certainly don't enjoy the stress it brings, and so wish I was the "Ah well" type of guy.

Hopefully one day I'll loosen up.

Jeez I'm 50 now, better hurry up and get my shit together

Enjoy that Amazing looking Pinball !

Best Regards,

Ando

#5339 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Thanks for the summary. So it sounds like I was maybe between half and two thirds done. The only think on your list the machine isn't set for is to make Revive harder. EBs are already limited to 1 from the default of 5. Kinda glad I didn't see Number of the Beast if nothing's there yet.

Keith said in an interview that he thought 30 minutes is long enough for any game. I agree, don't want endlessly deep games.

This game will be partly about all the different ways you can play it to maximise scoring potential, not just about getting from A to B.

5 wizard modes is insane!

And if it does get easy, opening outlanes will toughen it up. Seen quite a few games with Keith, Zach etc..... they haven't come close to finishing it, so game looks about right. At least at home, you can set it up any way you want.

#5340 5 years ago

What does the "LOCK" arrow in front of the jumpramp/underworld scoop do on the Premium/LE? On the Pro I believe it was for locking the ball for Mummy Multiball, but on the Premium/LE that is now done with the left ramp. Trooper lock is done with orbits.

Would be cool if you could light the "LOCK" arrow during Trooper Multiball to lock a ball in there for adjusted scoring like the snake on Metallica.

#5341 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Keith said that NOTB is not fully coded yet (does practically nothing) and RTTH isn't coded at all. I think he said the high score for RTTH are the points for you actually got during Cyborg Multiball.

#5342 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

They look identical in person, except for the odd red splotches of GI on the LE. I’m not sure what they were going for there to be honest. Your sample pics are not accurate to real life.

It seems that you can put those reds in the pro GI and achieve the same effect no?

#5343 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

What does the "LOCK" arrow in front of the jumpramp/underworld scoop do on the Premium/LE? ... Would be cool if you could light the "LOCK" arrow during Trooper Multiball to lock a ball in there for adjusted scoring like the snake on Metallica.

Yes please!!

#5344 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

It seems that you can put those reds in the pro GI and achieve the same effect no?

I think it will be different but someone with a pro sld try it....

#5345 5 years ago

Also early on yesterday i noticed some maidens allready had some bad cab splitting....20180504_162402 (resized).jpg20180504_162402 (resized).jpg

#5346 5 years ago

Kudos to Bob for not starting a thread or lawyering up for that decal mishap. Assuming he's too busy playing to give a shit, but what can he do (aside from new decal) to remedy that? Will the housing slide up that far? New, larger housing from Stern? 3d print new one lol? I bet one of the modders here could probably make you a custom one that would pass. Gary cut that check to Mrs. Mezel.

#5347 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Also early on yesterday i noticed some maidens allready had some bad cab splitting....

WTF! I thought Stern corrected the problem last year. This is what they get for using filler wood on their cabinets. For today's NIB prices there's no excuse, other then to make more money, for a pinball cabinet not to be made out of actual plywood and have proper corner brackets.

#5348 5 years ago

Oh shit. That's not good. B/W brackets should ship with all new Sterns ffs.

#5349 5 years ago

Oh crap, Here I thought I wouldn't have to play Russian roulette with Stern and their cabinets anymore!

#5350 5 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Does the LE have the upgraded cabinet brackets? (Williams style) I thought I had read that Star Wars LE came with the better brackets in the front if the cab?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Trade
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 16.00
There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday/page/107 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.