20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #390 Stern Official Teaser Video Link for Iron Maiden Pinball Posted by Pinballrocks (6 years ago)

Post #798 Quick intro on Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by TheLaw (6 years ago)

Post #920 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by Apollyon (6 years ago)

Post #1351 Link to short video clip of the Pro Model livestream on 3/27 Posted by Sparky (6 years ago)

Post #1675 Video of LE features missing from Pro that Prem/LE will have Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #1682 Link to hi-res PDF of the feature matrix for Iron Maiden Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #2080 Premium/LE different ramp cutout (Pharaoh head) picture Posted by Pinzzz (6 years ago)

Post #2146 Link to gameplay video from Pro version in Europe Posted by Concretehardt (6 years ago)

Post #2498 Deadflip video on YouTube link. Posted by FalconPunch (6 years ago)

Post #2665 Iron Maiden Pro live stream link from Stream #2 Posted by Asael (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmonk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

343 posts in this topic match your search for posts by pinmonk. You are on page 1 of 2.
#244 6 years ago

That art lends itself to a translite so well just as-is!

Iron Maiden (resized).jpgIron Maiden (resized).jpg

#276 6 years ago

Wow, talk about anti-climactic as only Stern can do it.

EDIT: JD said a gameplay teaser is coming, but it wasn't clear if it was later in this drunken ramble or some other day.

#315 6 years ago
Quoted from Drewblood419:

Stoked about the theme bummed it's on the flakey unreliable spike system.....

Spike 2.

Where the power budgets are so tight even adding a mod can kill node boards. - G. Gomez 2018

#329 6 years ago
Quoted from aobrien5:

http://ironmaidenlegacy.com/
Not even a new image for an IM game.

Man, Iron Maiden really needs to spring for another art director for 3D. Their rendered videos like the one on that landing page look like student projects. Embarrassing.

#352 6 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

That will certainly be a kick in the nuts if they're re-using assets from a crappy mobile game

Pretty sure that Stern just dropped a surprise episode of "ow, my balls!"

#435 6 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Everybody already knew what the game was going to be, who cares how they reveal it. This should be a lesson, there hasn't been a surprise reveal since I started this hobby. If you waited all day to find out what we already knew you deserve to have a drunk guy tell you.

We weren't hoping to FIND OUT what we already knew, we were hoping for at least some STILL PICTURES of the machine.

#444 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Remember how the awesome Rob Zombie art translated to a pinball machine??? No so much
People have expectations of how pinball art "should" look... and its much more towards outlined, comic style and less like the painting style the Maiden album covers were.

RZ wasn't a problem of the art or art style "not translating" to pinball but poor art direction. A more skilled art director who has done other pinball projects could have done a much better job with Rob Zombie (especially on the playfield).

#454 6 years ago
Quoted from SimonBaird:

Here is the song list that is utilised in the Legacy of the beast video game.
Don’t know the band well enough to know if this a good set or some major songs missing.
Looks like there is plenty to choose from for the pinball.

There's a lot of crap on that list and lots of stuff missing. No Two Minutes to Midnight? No Hallowed be thy Name? No Wasted Years? No Fear of the Dark? I would be disappointed with the above set list as the songs for the pinball machine.

I sure hope they are better at licensing the "classics" for the pinball than what's on that set list.

#517 6 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

O.K. the "Reveal" sucked.
We all know we're gonna buy the game anyway.

Absolutely not a given in our case. I really like Maiden and WANT to buy this pin, but Stern gets zero free passes anymore after their last few years of abusing customers like us with cost cutting (while simultaneously raising prices) and releasing massively unfinished games that took forever to even get to 1.00 code (and some still aren't). This is definitely a wait and see on the art, the layout, the build, and the code at release. If it's underwhelming, no sale.

#518 6 years ago
Quoted from jefryan:

On FB, Cointaker said game release info is coming on Tuesday. I imagine we will see the actual game variations. Stoked!

Get ready for some possible WWE trim. They have a lot to get rid of.

#520 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

If this game is based off of their new stuff art and music wise both, then Stern phuking blew it big time. This game should have been 80’s art and 80’s songs.

Problem is, they need video content, and they're not going to make that much from scratch, so I bet we get stuff from that crappy mobile game.

#523 6 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

I’m sorry, Stern’s marketing is a joke. I could have spent all of 30 minutes In adobe after effects and produced the same drawn out garbage motion graphics animation... really... people spend thousands of dollars on a pin and get emotionally involved and u drop a college intern level motion bump? Please

30 minutes? How about 15 or maybe even less. There was nothing to it. A stock lightning effect and some fades.

#528 6 years ago
Quoted from Soulrider911:

I stand corrected vireland I was being generous lol

So was I.

#631 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Imagine if the LE only has the special Riggs art

Sold out. But I can't see that happening.

#664 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

I think even the naysayers will be quite shocked.

Don't toy with my emotions. Just don't do it...

#668 6 years ago

Maybe this will be their chance to just re-purpose all those unsold Spike 1 WWE LE machines sitting in storage...
Iron Maiden Pin (resized).jpgIron Maiden Pin (resized).jpg

#670 6 years ago
Quoted from ttown:

I can't see real good do we have Warren Buffett on this thread?

Nope. This is coming from a van down by the river.

#677 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

WWE is SPIKE
LTG : )

Gwah! Fixing!

#698 6 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Nope, it's red.

The WWE LE curse is averted! GotG will have to bear that heavy weight alone, now.

#703 6 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

Yes....so good...you won’t be able to contain yourself.
Hersey Squirts. LOL

Heresay squirts? Is that when you hear about someone else maybe dropping one?

#716 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Not to sound like a party pooper but we've heard this line before... the main difference right now is Elwin....

You sound like a party pooper, alright - a party pooper who REMEMBERS.

#717 6 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I am rather surprised no pf or cab leaks before stren actually reveals it. The theme was no surprise, kind of cool the game still is.

NO leaks? More like no wide leaks like Ghostbusters. But there are leaks.

#1176 6 years ago

Code of the Pro on the stream is 0.95, so shipping with 1.00 is likely.

EDIT:Haha...beaten!

#1187 6 years ago

The most impressive thing from the stream is the speed of the game. Seems very fast and smooth.

#1372 6 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Looks like a game has finally showed up to help me sell my TAF....
Come on, Premium model....blow me away!

Imagine powerslave cabinet art, and then the cool mechanical features shown in this Archer video that aren't on the pro and you'll likely be very close to Iron Maiden Premium/LE.

#1379 6 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

When I see these pics, it looks like video game presentation with basic animation. And from what I saw on last games with LCD, it seems to be the same, a theme where they can reuse an existant support like video game, movie, comic to do the least as possible and without any creativity. it feels like stern was forced to follow the evolution of screen.
Stern has done big effort with artwork (Met, GB, aerosmith, Iron Maiden..), with more loaded games specially premium/LE (GOTG...) but what a letdown with their LCD.

They clearly don't have a handle on LCD integration yet anywhere near as well as JJP. They're getting there, but living through Stern's learning curve on these LCD games is pretty painful.

But credit where credit is due: the part you actually watch while you're playing - the PLAYFIELD - looks like best in class. Can't wait to get some time on it.

#1466 6 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

at least the game went down $200 for the pro and $300 for the premium, Aus prices went up, go figure and the dollar is pretty much the same
cool looking game and features, and love the layout

Didn't really go down, though. They reduced the MSRP, but all that did is make the price they're listing as MSRP closer to the street price. It's actually $200-300 more street price, so the real price went up. It's a fake-out, hidden price increase in actual terms.

#1470 6 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Any word on when we will be seeing the Premium version? I'd like to compare so I can decide which one I want to order!!

Supposedly waiting on art approvals. 2-3 weeks, then straight to the line and out the door.

#1536 6 years ago
Quoted from flamehead:

I guess the question I have is for all of the Iron Maiden Naysayers... How fast did the Metallica LE sell out?

I don' t know EXACTLY how long, but it was still available at at least some distributors well after launch.

#1537 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Stern learned a valuable lesson with Transformers, albeit an LE equals 500. Let's examine some of their music pins since:
AC/DCLE's 500 total
METLE's 500 total
KISSLE's Not numbered and qty unknown (under 500)
It only makes sense Stern kept IFMLE to 500.
500 feels like where the market has always been able to obsorb, more than that and a pin doesn't feel special. Pins with strong appeal outside the US will find Stern ships almost half their game outside county. That's what makes having one of only 250 LE's in the US, still feel quaint.

KISS LE is 600 units.

#1573 6 years ago

Yeah, and that one didn't work out so well for Stern those LE's sat around at distributors for years. So yeah, 500 is good. (Hope Stern doesn't forget their own mantra when they release Beatles - 500 then out the door).

That was more an issue of code neglect and LE lack of compelling features over a Premium. It doesn't appear as if Iron Maiden will have those problems, and only allocating 200 LEs for the whole of North America is pretty bad. With 666 they'd have a better distribution split between US and the rest of the world.

#1574 6 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Is the game play video still available to watch?

No, but if you look at the key post index at the top of the page, there's a link to someone that captured a minute or so of the live stream in lower res to give you an idea, at least.

#1587 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm trying to find it as well.
anyone know WHERE THE GAMEPLAY VIDEO is?
Sorry thread is moving so quickly.....

Key post index at the top of thread is your friend.

#1603 6 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Game should be known as EDY or 666

I666M?

Or, for the chem nerds:
FeM

#1604 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Have to admit the whole LE speaker upgrade is a little vague on the flyer.
For the LE ONLY section it says "High Powered Speaker System with 3 Channel Amplifier" with a tick only in the LE column, but then in the all models General Features it also reads : "Powered Speaker Sound System with 3 Channel Amplifier" with a tick for all 3 models.
So only the LE gets High. WTF does that mean?

Would not be surprised if it was an external powered amplifier for the LE that takes line-level from the Spike board and sends out more power.

#1611 6 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Has there been an insightful discussion of likely cabinet art for the Premium and LE versions?
The Pro's cabinet is dominated by Eddie the trooper. Fine. So which Eddie will dominate the Premium? The LE?
And what of the backglass on the LE or the translite on the Premium? Honestly, I can't really make out what all is going on in the Pro's translite. It's fairly busy, perhaps a melange of different Eddies.
J

The feature matrix (link to the matrix in the key post index at the top of the page, and higher res PDF version linked in the key post index of the other FeM thread) refers to "Egyptian themed" Premium cabinet, so likely the Powerslave art, which I like better than The Trooper, anyway, so awesome.

It sounds like the LE is similar to the pro "battlefield art" (The Trooper), but with the foil base to make it look cooler (like on KISS LE).

#1615 6 years ago

Hmm. Thanks, V. Eddie the Mummy for Powerslave, eh? That could work. I still wonder about the tranlsite/backglass. As for foil wraps on Stern cabinets, I don't know that they dazzle particularly. Are you referring to same kind of wrap that enhanced IMVE? Really, a good silk-screened design beats a wrap, as it has no greyscale/pixelation, but perhaps it's been decades since Stern silk-screened the sides of their cabinets.

Haven't seen it yet, obviously, but it's probably similar to the foil-base IMVE and KISS LE cabinets. And if we're dreaming, yeah, a direct print cabinet like JJP did for the ECLE would be awesome. But that's not happening.

#1675 6 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Without having watched a lot of the Archer game, what features is the Pro missing? I thought it looked pretty complete, but I’ve only casually watched video on YouTube.

The scoop below the bottom pop bumper (replaced with a standup target).

The motorized ramp leading to the motorized ball lock assembly (to the right, you can see it moving)(
Motorized Sarcophagus ball lock mechanism):

The vari-target that leads to a hole (Motorized guardian reveals secret Pharaoh's tomb entrance - not sure about this one as it sounds like this feature is at the top of the left ramp when a diverter is active)

The center jump ramp (Laser cut stainless steel center "jump" ramp opens up to reveal Underworld Scoop):

I think the target in front of the right pop bumper is the "Hit Detecting Clairvoyant Mystery Orb Target". In Archer, there's a target in front and a stack of balls behind the pop bumper. You can see it at 1:02 in the video to the right of the ramp entrance and behind the right pop bumper.

All the cool toys are missing from the Pro. Reading the feature matrix, it sounds like all of these are integrated into both the FeM Premium and LE.

#1680 6 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Price drop shows they are not selling you can still get a CE they made only 150 and were announced a yr and a half ago

Did they actually announce Dialed In CE numbers? They said they would only make as many as they had orders for by midnight at the end of that year. So it seems hard to believe they would have ANY left over.

#1685 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

They have sold a lot of Dialed Ins. Speaking to people who know actual manufactured numbers, the game has been a huge success. Pirates preorders have very much outpaced Dialed In, however. CEs aren't being continually produced.

Yes. They were over 1000 orders last MAY according to Jack when I talked to him at PAGG. They're probably over 1500 DILE/Standard, maybe more by now. It's selling very well, and no license to pay!

#1688 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I didn't see the vari-target on the premium/le listing for Iron Maiden. DId they drop it?
Unless its called "Hit detecting Clarivoyant mystery orb"?

Pretty sure it's the "Motorized guardian reveals secret Pharaoh's tomb entrance" one. Maybe with some kind of cover over it, revealing the vari-target?

#1689 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

So no scoops on the Pro and 2 scoops on the Premium/LE?

No subway system at all on the Pro. Entrance under center ramp and at vari-target, exit below bottom pop bumper on the prem/le.

#1693 6 years ago

** Archive of the Dead Flip Stream, Anyone? **
Does anyone know of any gameplay clips other than this thirty-second Instagram post?
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bg12rI0nC4p/
If Dead Flip will restream, can we guess when?
Thanks.

The stream they did will not be posted and DF did say they will be doing another stream, but not when to my knowledge. There is a longer clip out there, but it's pretty low res and only maybe a couple minutes.

#1694 6 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

I have no doubt it was POTC that has hurt them the DI LE's at 2500 has a ways to go before being sold out

They're over halfway to 2500, and in the JJP world, the "LE" is essentially a Stern Premium, and the "CE" maps to somewhere between a Stern LE and SLE. Stern would be extremely happy with 2500 premiums sold. JJP is doing just fine, and again, with Dialed In, no license fees to pay or IP approvals to hold things up.

#1696 6 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

The newton ball also has some fancy "hit-detecting" thing going on on the Prem/LE.
Just goes to show how low Stern has set the bar. People are falling over themselves talking about how loaded the Pro is, because it has spinners.

But Stern clearly has reversed their playfield-stripping cost reduction course by building pretty much exactly the Archer BOM on the Premium/LE machines. That would not have happened if not for JJP/CGC/Spooky, etc. Competition is good. Now I just hope Stern reverses some of their recent terrible "hidden" cost reductions like crappier cabinet wood, crappier playfield wood quality, and fake mirrored backglasses.

#1701 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Tell me if I got this right...
On the Pro, you shoot the captive ball to spell MUMMY. Once spelled, you can start MUMMY multiball.
On the Premium/LE, no captive ball shot. The left ramp lifts up revealing a secret tomb entrance. Ball is then shot upward and over to where the captive ball is on the Pro. Three balls can be locked in a row (again, where the captive ball shot is on the Pro) and released when MUMMY multiball is started.
Or am I WAY off here?

There's a captive ball there on the Archer machine, so it's likely still there on the Prem/LE.

#1704 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Then the locked balls line up behind the captive ball on Archer?

Yes, and even with no balls locked, the ball that's bolted to the PF can detect hits.

#1706 6 years ago
Quoted from TheWizard00:

Very excited for this game. I dont post much mainly read but this game has me taking the time to post!
Also i dont think there is a scoop on the under the pops on the higher up models, from listening to the coast to coast podcast, keith says there is a newton ball there instead of the stand up target. He also says the ball lock for multi ball is on the left ramp and then sounded like he said it gets released out under the jump ramp. From his talking it doesnt sound like there is a subway system at all in this game.

There HAS to be a subway system of some kind if for nothing else than because of the shot that goes under the center ramp. And it makes little sense that the game was redesigned so much when all the Stern features list items line up with the Archer video. I'm betting it will be almost exactly the Archer layout and toys on the Prem/LE. We'll see in a couple weeks...

#1707 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Then how are the locked balls released?

Into the subway? Backside opens and you hit them out into the orbit? I dunno.

#1710 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

This Archer video should answer most of these questions.

Yep. I broke down the features with that video here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday/page/34#post-4309020

#1718 6 years ago
Quoted from TheWizard00:

Well where would the subway go if the scoop under the pops is gone? Thats where the shot under the ramp came out of right? I guess i could have a subway but i dont see what would feed where.
Also as a separate question what was the last stern game to have a subway, my brain is lacking as i cant think of any but my pin knowledge is not nearing as good as others. If this game did have a subway i think it would be the first stern in a long time to have one.

I don't believe the scoop exiting below the pops is gone. All the subway entrances exit there, so it would be weird to remove it.

Many Premium/LEs have subways. Ghostbusters did (but it was really small/short).

#1720 6 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Metallica Prem/LE has the little subway from the hammer lock to the scoop. But beyond that it's been a real long time.

Ha! It has been a while. Aside from GB and Metallica, I can't think of any others recently until FeM, and it will be the largest subway in a long time.

#1724 6 years ago

Some good information on that podcast, for sure.

So the rocket launcher (Archer) / Sarcophagus (FeM) ball lock unloads to the "center scoop" underneath the middle ramp.

Still pretty sure the newton ball is the target by the right pop bumper in Archer.

I didn't hear that he explicitly said the lower scoop was removed.

#1727 6 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

During the DF stream, JD commented on the dome flasher at the target where Archer's lower scoop is. Keith said something like "wait until you see what the LE has there" This would point to there at least being something different. Could still be a stand-up, but I'm not sure that would warrant his comment.

On the Archer design, the dome flasher is behind the target to the left of the scoop. On FeM, i'm sure they put something to replace that standup target, but that doesn't affect the scoop. They're separated by a ball lane.

target-scoop (resized).jpgtarget-scoop (resized).jpg

#1731 6 years ago
Quoted from jazzmaster:

Sorry, I was referring to the dome flasher mounted upside down just behind the orb stand-up target.

I see what you're saying now. Dunno. We'll have to see. Maybe the "center scoop" under the center ramp will be the only one they use.

#1732 6 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

IMDN was decided over two months ago. Just sayin

Hovering does nothing for that, so can't technically have been "decided". But looking forward to FeM just the same.

#1733 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

DILE is $8500 shipped now??

Unlikely. At BEST I would think $8800, but I'd like to see that deal. Most places were $9200-$9300 shipped.

#1736 6 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

It was decided by those who were talking about the game when there was like 2 threads. So there’s that

Betamax came before VHS.

#1746 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

They almost always sell out... to distributors

But with only 200 being distributed for the US, and a great looking game, it's likely they'll be actually sold through if they aren't already.

#1760 6 years ago
Quoted from VividPsychosis:

What the hell is FeM???? It’s Iron Maiden.... Normally would be IM but we have iron man, so it’s IMDN to differentiate and still is short for iron and maiden.

Fe (Iron Symbol from Periodic Table of the Elements) M(Maiden) is shorter, cooler, and nerdier.

https://www.ptable.com/

#1763 6 years ago

OT Concretehardt health update: I wont lie the last 24 hours have been rough! I went back to work part time on Monday and yesterday I had a seizure at work, I spent 7 hours in the emergency room last night having brain scans and blood work. The good news is that the area where my brain tumor was removed looks ok (no bleeding) but the DR thinks that the stress of work is causing my brain to fire faster than what I am able to tolerate and when I push too hard I have a seizure. I am back on my anti seizure meds which is a big setback for me as I hate the way I feel when im on those meds!
Now for the good news.. While I was in the hospital last night I took the opportunity to tell my wife that I just sent a deposit on an $8800 pinball machine (IMND LE). It was the perfect time because I had just had a seizure and she was feeling sorry for me. My plan worked! she was totally supportive of my ridiculously expensive game purchase.
I have made a lot of progress in the last few weeks considering that 5 weeks ago I was telling my wife where I wanted my ashes to be spread.
Yesterday was a big setback in my recovery, but I am very happy to be alive and even with everything I have been thru in the last month I feel very lucky!

If you're really milking this, disability discount from Stern?

#1771 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Think about it though. FeM is always going to make some think, as in feminine. Also, Fe is not one of the elements or compounds that most ordinary people think about like H2O or CO2 so it would be confusing using FeM.

Of course. That's the ironic second layer. Metal band, metal pin, FeM for the abbreviation. Too good.

#1772 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

And FFS!
Maiden i’d just call maiden. It’s 6 letters.

If FeM doesn't cut it, I agree that Maiden is the best one.

#1776 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I agree IMDN is better.
But FeM is no different to WH20.
Except maybe WH20 sounds good and Fem doesn't.

Not exactly. H2O isn't a chemical element, but a molecule of water. But close!

#1830 6 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

I kind of hoping this isn't the way they go but,

That's the thought I had, too. It's technically a "battlefield". That would make the LE the crappiest art package automatically. I really hope, for the sale of LE owners, that isn't the way they've gone.

#1858 6 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

I'd love for any of the people hating on Bruce, saying he can't sing, listen to this song and still say that:
If you do, you really have no idea what a good singer sounds like.

Too much super-pretentious, self-indulgent song, not enough singer. Couldn't get through it. I'll take classic Maiden over that any day.

#1871 6 years ago
Quoted from ronlisa:

I agree . According to Stern, the LE will have a metallic red trim which will be different from AC/DC sold red trim.

Probably like Batman SLE armor, but red.

#1952 6 years ago
Quoted from aerobert:

I'm starting to think that there are more than 12 songs in this game. Maybe 12 selectable background songs but there are surely several other mode driven or boss fight ones. I've been looking a lot on gameplay from the mobile game and how that world and bosses are presented. Stern talks about going on an epic quest with Eddie as the protagonist fighting minions (exactly as the mobile game) and every world features a different design and integration, of which all are presented on the playfield.
Stern haven't spilled everything yet. I hope.

Well, it's possible the Prem/LE has an extra song or two, but the Pro has only 12. The credits for each are at the beginning of the service manual.

#1992 6 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

In my mind's eye, and it was glorious!
"Stacked backlit Egyptian temple plastics on back panel". I heard on the Elwin interview podcast I think that it will be 4 layers of plastics adding depth.

Seems like it's begging for an Indiana Jones-style 3D-printed pyramid/statue set for the backboard.

#2032 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Didn’t they double the Batman LE’s after they sold out?
I know it happened to a game. Not sure which one tho

They had no problem almost tripling the SLEs. Went from 30 to 80 with the thinnest of pretenses.

They could easily up the Iron Maiden LEs to 666 where it should have been when announced.

#2033 6 years ago

I think originally there was gunna be 30 SLE BM66 anniversary games
but Stern added 50 anniversary of BM66 - 80 SLE games is still very limited run!

But with only keeping 200 Maiden LEs in the US, that's EXTREMELY limited for the US market. 300 or 350 is more reasonable, which they could easily do with a 666 run.

#2036 6 years ago

I don't know that MOPLE's appear for sale "all the time," really.
I see one a month at most.
How many BIBLE AC/DC's were made? How many LTBR's? Weren't there 500 of each? And yet somehow examples of those LE's command between nine- and twelve large.

300 and 200 respectively, although lots of the LTBRs were shipped overseas. Only leaving 200 Maiden LEs in the US is leaving a LOT of money on the table. Stern finally gets it right and they turn around and get it wrong.

#2041 6 years ago

But leaving the US allocation artifically low (and 200 MAIDEN LE for the US is artifically low) all this will do is set up for a replay of the AC/DC Luci situation where when Premiums slow down they make a "special art package" premium that ends up being more rare than the LEs, and commanding a price premium just because. Keep the LEs, LEs and the Premiums premium. Premiums should ALWAYS be more plentiful than LEs.

#2044 6 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

As long as the Premiums can add a shaker motor I will be happy.

Stern is happy to provide Premiums pre-T-Nutted for shaker motors to squeeze another $99-$139 out of Premium owners.

#2097 6 years ago

Cool. I'll take whatever teases I can get, but I'd like some more, please.

#2099 6 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I fired up Iron Maiden on Spotify today in hopes to find a new appreciation for this mullet music
Still sucks (IMO, no offense, Geneva convention, etc)

Some people hate scotch initially, then grow to appreciate and enjoy it. But some people always hate whisky. Taste is taste. Personal to each person.

#2108 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If Iron Maiden is Heavy Metal music, then what is this?

It's one of dozens of subgenres of original Metal. Metal has gotten so hard that people now look at original metal bands in the late 60's through the 80s as more like rock or hard rock, but they were and always will be Metal - just the originals.

#2211 6 years ago
Quoted from trilamb:

I’m jonesin’, how do you find it

At the top of the thread page, there's an topic index link that will show a list of posts of interest in this thread. There's one on that list with a link to the gameplay video.

#2241 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Strange mother Fu€k£rs in here⚡️

mother FuEkLrs?

#2249 6 years ago

Not really, as the French Chef from the Muppets spoke French, ostensibly, while the men who shared their IMDN game with us were speaking Danish.

Doesn't sound much like French to me...

#2297 6 years ago

Merci, Davide, pour ta poste geniale/utile at pour les videos.

“Hergy dergy bergy, bork bork bork!”

#2361 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I just hope people don’t record this and post it publicly. Could get them and Stern in trouble.

After the last one disappeared, I guarantee there will be a LOT of recording and posting.

#2398 6 years ago
Quoted from xian222:

Sign up on eBay for free. Buy stuff on eBay and a percentage (1%) of the purchases starts to acrue. After each calendar quarter, you get to spend what you have accrued on eBay.

Sometimes you get 5%, 8% or even 10% for short periods of time (usually a day). Max payout is always $100.

#2514 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

For mere mortals I can already see the right ramp is a really tough shot. Hoping it's a bit easier than right ramp on KISS!

There's hope because even though the Aerosmith right ramp is *very similar* to the one on KISS, it's slightly different and as a result WAY easier to hit. I trust that Keith will make it "mortal friendly."

#2564 6 years ago

funny that I cant remember but normally don't the LE's get produced first?

Overseas Pro, Small domestic pro run, Overseas LE, LE, Overseas Prem, Prem, bigger Pro run. Although the overseas LE and Prem might be combined.

#2675 6 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

I am on a list for a LE. Cause I realy like Iron Maiden and for me the layout looks awesome and the rules should be fun. But there is something wrong here! Normaly EVERY game I buy no matter how good it is and how much I like it, there are people complaining about this or that. The only negative things I found so far are people that don't like Iron Maiden as a band and so they don't like the music. Come on, this is pinside!!!!!! All this love for a game is unreal. Where are the haters that tell me that the playfield is empty, the art is bad, the rules are boring......just something I can fight against???? All I hear is that it playes awesome!!! It frightens me.....there must be something wrong. Hello? I am buying this game, where are the negative comments about how bad it is? Or am I trapped in the twilight zone?

I can whip something up if you need the negative reinforcement.

#2685 6 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

100% agree about the text. Like I get that it ultimately it probably has to do with readability, but come on. Ariel, New Times Roman, etc is not metal ! At least do something a bit more creative ! Nitpicking? Absolutely, but for like +/-7k you bet your ass Im going to critique fonts.

A heavy metal Maiden-appropriate font would be much better and still plenty legible.

Just changing out the message text to something more metal-like makes it 100% better. I understand about leaving the tiny text Arial-ish for legibility, but the large messages and possibly the score numbers should be more metal, for sure.

And why not theme the game even more? Why "Player 1", "Player 2", "Player 3", "Player 4" etc? Why not "Headbanger 1" "Poser 2", "Rocker 3", "Mosher 4"? Have a bunch of synonyms that are theme-appropriate and let the game pick one at random to apply to the player tag. Never been done to my knowledge, and this would be the perfect place for it.

Here's a quick example I did with just the message text and main score made more metal (but I think all the scores should be the metal font, too):

maiden-compare (resized).jpgmaiden-compare (resized).jpg

#2769 6 years ago
Quoted from GAP:

We went live with some game play on Facebook. Here is the footage, sweet game! Enjoy
https://www.facebook.com/GAP198/videos/10214427291067653/?fref=mentions

It wants me to sign up to watch your video. Why not post it to twitch or youtube? We don't have Facebook, never will, and aren't alone.

#2775 6 years ago

I'll be relieved if you're right, as Satan here looks like a prancing satyr and the Mummy looks a Bolshoi dancer.
No thanks!

Powerslave is the Prem art. LE art is supposed to have Eddie piloting a plane, but no idea on the "battle" backglass.

#2777 6 years ago

You know, your post, for the first time since I first read Stern's feature matrix, has me rethinking "battle."
I was thinking battlefield, not battle, and that is likely a mistake. I was thinking of the Trooper on his battlefield, but now I'm thinking more of Eddie's soul-shard-recapturing odyssey and the battles necessary along the way, etc. My concern then is that the art above would play into that notion deftly, and that worries me. (Still!)

Me too. But Powerslave for me as a theme is a slam dunk, so no worries there.

#2782 6 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

I hope the LE is NOT Eddie piloting a plane... ZERO interest in that...
I was hoping Battlefield would be just that, a Battlefield Trooper not air to air combat, ACM... This is the issue with having to preorder blindly without seeing it... Should be full reveals of all 3 models at the same time.
This happened with GOTG LE I bought blind and although the gold looks good it would have been nice to know ahead of time..........

A number of people have supposedly seen the LE and say it has some version of the art of Eddie in the plane shown in the background of the banner pic in this post:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday/page/56#post-4338545

We'll soon see. Powerslave art on the Prem sounds like a better bet, especially if the backglass looks like the album cover.

#2787 6 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

The plane in the background would be kewl imo (small). I was having visions of Eddie sitting in the cockpit front and center.
I'm sure it will badass....

I'm assuming the plane will be on the cabinet side(s) and some kind of battle on the backglass (hopefully not the official legacy of the beast art), but we'll know soon enough for sure.

#2794 6 years ago
Quoted from flerp:

Looking forward to playing this! Pic unrelated

A full on Aces High theme for the LE with that backglass, the plane on the side, and olive powdercoating would have been awesome.

#2805 6 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Thank you! And can you please convince the rest of the world to do the same so that little shitstain who was at Capitol Hill the other day doesn’t end up running the world.

You mean this guy?

zuckerberg quote (resized).jpgzuckerberg quote (resized).jpg

The fact that he's quoted as saying this is incredible, but not unbelievable. I've told people for YEARS how evil Facebook is in regards to privacy. They've done unannounced and unauthorized facial recognition processing on all photos posted on Facebook to build profiles on the people in them to sell so people NOT EVEN ON Facebook are caught and their privacy invaded just because their stupid friends posted a picture with them in it on Facebook. Completely scummy.

NO ONE should be on Facebook.

#2839 6 years ago
Quoted from FlipMyBalls:

Doesn't look like what I would consider a "battlefield" to me. In fact nothing on this banner does. As an LE preorderer I would be happy with this photo posted above a in mirrored glass.

But the aspect ratio of this is WAY off from Stern's "widescreen" translites, so it would have to be re-drawn or the elements repositioned (it it was layered digital art). Seems unlikely.

#2863 6 years ago
Quoted from Monte:

I played this. Phenomenal. It will go down as one of the best pinball machines by Stern. The only gripe, the animation graphics of the LCD are inconsistent in resolution. The animation of mummy lock looks like a ps4. The flight of Icarus looks like it’s from Nintendo.

Icarus part is maybe assets ripped from the mobile game...

#2874 6 years ago

$13 for a keychain is a little crazy. $4 is my limit for pin keychains.

#2876 6 years ago
Quoted from Monte:

But, but when you own a Woz and Kiss Le. I mean... oh, never mind!

That's HOW I got them. Being cheap in stuff that doesn't matter. Like keychains.

#2878 6 years ago
Quoted from Monte:

Thanks for the savings info Suze, imagine what you would save buying a pro or used machine. Just sayin’

KISS LE and WoZ were both used and essentially perfect. Got the WoZ in a cash + trade that had a value of $3k total on my side. How's that for pinching a penny?

#2899 6 years ago
Quoted from redlines:

Anyone know where there are any Pro's on Location in the SF/Bay Area?

I would be shocked if Free Gold Watch didn't get one soon.

#2916 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I don't see this happening, just my opinion, as Metallica offers a far better world under glass experience then Iron Maiden. Metallica has the large Sparky toy, the mechanical hammer with ball lock, the snake, and the moving cross.
I don't see any moving toys in Iron Maiden that represent that themes world. The game has a lot of shots but so does No Fear. I may change my tune after playing a premium.

Underworld ramp that lifts up and moving crypt entrance on the left ramp are pretty well-themed on the Prem/LE. We'll have to see how they are in action, but as a THEME, Iron Maiden is WAY more cohesive than Metallica.

#2927 6 years ago
Quoted from kettchxxii:

Wired a shaker and it triggers the slam tilt... Anyone else toss a shaker in theirs yet? Waiting on code is my guess...

Are you sure it's hooked up correctly? We have someone that has it working fine, so it leads me to believe it's a wiring issue. Do you have a picture of the connections?

#2929 6 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

PBL or Stern shaker is working fine?

That's a question for @hougie.

#2932 6 years ago
Quoted from kettchxxii:

Wired a shaker and it triggers the slam tilt... Anyone else toss a shaker in theirs yet? Waiting on code is my guess...

So pinball life shaker is confirmed to be working. Are you using the Stern one? Do you have connector pictures?

#2969 6 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Does anyone have any idea where this stool can be purchased.

Company that made them is a music merch licensing and manufacture firm. Seems like they were made in 2005, so it's a long shot. Here's their contact info:

LONDON
Bravado International Group
Suite 1B-F, Chiswick Place, 272 Gunnersbury Avenue
London W4 5QB
TEL: +44 (0) 330 587 1234
http://www.bravado.com
For more information contact:
[email protected]
[email protected]

NEW YORK
1755 Broadway 2nd Floor
New York
NY 10019 U.S.A
TEL: + 1 212 445 3400
FAX: + 1 212 445 3499
http://www.bravadousa.com
For more information contact:
[email protected]

LOS ANGELES
9255 Sunset Blvd - suite 200
Los Angeles
CA 90069 U.S.A
TEL: +1 310 865 5025
FAX: +1 310 865 5036
http://www.bravadousa.com

Their website is badly designed, so if you go to the store directory, amongst ALL the html files, you can see that at one time they had an iron maiden store (listing is alphabetical - scroll to "I"):
http://www.bravadousa.com/stores/

These are the guys you need to talk to.

#2981 6 years ago
Quoted from Daemin:

Does anyone know what Stern's production rate on these machines is? The dealer I contact said they sold out of the 25 pro machines they got in less than 2 days, and is unsure when he's getting more.

I thought Stern just seeded the Pros, then went to LEs, then Premiums, then back to Pros to finish out. If they're on the LEs now, it might be a while, but then again, if there's a holdup with the LE art, the Pro "seeding" part might manufacture longer than usual.

#2985 5 years ago
Quoted from wontwa:

I had three of these in our basement bar, purchased around 05 from Spencer’s. They looked good, but the base where the legs connect was super cheap particle board and they fell apart fairly quickly (I weighed around 180 at the time and they were seeing minimal use). So, not sure they’re worth paying too much for if you do find them?

You can unstaple the cover and replace the base board with plywood or whatever then re-staple the cover on. Better than new when you're done.

#3053 5 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Does anyone "not" like this game?

JJP, Spooky, et al.

#3055 5 years ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

I’d be willing to bet Spooky likes it.. they don’t have sales problems, they have production problems (i.e. lots of backorders) and don’t care. Plus I’m guessing here, but I bet Charlie likes Maiden

I imagine Iron Maiden will impinge on ACNC sales at least a little, especially once the Maiden Prem is seen. You can like the band, but it's still business.

#3162 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I don't know but i really would like to see them. I kind of thought that we would see them by now didn't you? Its gotta be soon i would think.

If Stern started manufacturing LEs now (as a dist said), they must have had whatever approval they were waiting for signed off on. So, maybe something to show next week?

#3203 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Well, if you are tumbling your balls yourself then that’s a different story. how many people have a tumbler and do this??

Anyone that's really into pinball. It's the only way to go.

#3210 5 years ago
Quoted from Slugmeister:

Me either...who sells these.Oh and not to be off topic Iron Maiden Rules!

Harbor freight has a couple models. One of them is about $40 after the 25% off coupon they always run.

#3213 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Tumbling won’t take out the deeper scratches. It makes the balls look nice and shiny, but the damage to the balls is still there and will continue to damage the pf.

Meh. Not my experience. Most of the balls clean up nicely. If they are too far gone, into the garbage they go. But polishing them out saves money over time and keeps them looking great, and if the micro burrs on a scratch are taken off to smooth by the polisher (as they are), and the PF is waxed, the PF is not getting damaged.

#3221 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

As an operator I can understand not wanting to change balls too often. But there is no way walnut media is abrasive enough to smooth scratches/burrs on a steel ball. All its doing is polishing the surface so you don't notice it. If your goal is to make your balls look nice and shiny, then go for it. If you're changing your balls because they are damaged, a tumbler won't make any difference.

Again, not my experience with location machines or my home collection, and I've had a LOT of pins run through my house. Probably well over 100 over the years. If the surface is polished SMOOTH by the media, then who cares about a microintentation? Micro NEGATIVE relief on the ball won't damage a playfield in any case I can think of, nor have ever seen.

And again, if a ball is especially nasty, it just goes in the garbage, but that's maybe 20% of the time. Waxing playfields religiously is the other half of the equation. You can't only polish balls.

#3222 5 years ago
Quoted from thunderking50:

So.... pics of Prem/Le monday or tuesday or ?
My bet is Tuesday 13:30

11:58PM England time would be the ideal release time for Premium pictures. That's 3:58PM Pacific or 5:58PM central. Totally could work.

#3227 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Sterns Plan:
1. Release Maiden pro and blow everyone away. Then sell a shit ton of them..
2. Release Maiden LE. Sold Out . Go all out on this and blow the socks off everyone ..
3. Release Maiden PRe.. Go all out on it and sell a shit ton of them.
Everyone is happy... Stern turns up the heat big time on all 3 models..

You forgot "put real service rails back on the Pro."

#3233 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Is it pegs on pro?

No, that's what I'm talking about, they ditched the crappy pegs and put real service rails back on the Pro, starting with Iron Maiden. Ridiculous that Stern has cost cut so hard that we're getting excited about SERVICE RAILS, but it's a little progress back in the right direction for Stern.

#3236 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I bet Gary is sitting back right now with a drink in his hand and a big smile on his face saying suck it haters!!

How is that any different now?

#3297 5 years ago
Quoted from dangerwil:

I was playing Sat and the software got really confused. The song select menu stayed on screen while in game mode. Everytime I flipped the song changed and it would not start a mode. Turned it off then on and game has been functioning normally. .92 software.

The software still has glitches, that's for sure. Sometimes it will drain and the game will not know it has drained for a LONG time. I've opened the coin door mid-game to make sure the trough switches were all triggered and they were, so it's definitely software.

#3418 5 years ago
Quoted from trilamb:

Two minutes to midnight.
(sorry)

11:58PM in England is 5:58pm Central time and 3:58pm Pacific. They COULD do it. Would be quite cool. They wussed out on 666 LEs, so at least they could do a Two Minutes to Midnight reveal of the English band's LE Pin, on England time.

#3449 5 years ago

Had a hard lock today. Game put credits on itself then when I went to hit the service menu button, hard lock. Completely unresponsive with frozen attract mode score screen. Rebooting was the only fix, and somehow that process reduced the fake credit count by one. Reported to Stern, but wonder if anyone else has seen a hard lock on 0.92.

Also, what's up with the game callout "Die with your balls gone!" on the Pro? I was like, "What?"!

#3454 5 years ago
Quoted from charles4400:

I dont have the game yet but sounds like its a play off their song "Die with your boots on"

Yeah, I got that, but it seemed like A> A stretch and B> A weird thing to say.

#3512 5 years ago
Quoted from TheGunnett:

This game is getting a lot of support

Smallest update. Just fixed their Stern shaker motor slam tilt problem. That's it. The irony is the Pinballlife shaker motors worked fine with 0.92.

#3515 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Mine didn't and was PBL. Works great on 0.93 though!

Hmm. Weird. I wonder what the difference was. Ours worked perfectly.

#3517 5 years ago
Quoted from redlines:

About to order some new balls for my LE. Does Maiden use magnets I haven't got a chance to play it yet and I am trying to figure out if I need carbon balls or not

Pro does not.

#3528 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Umm, that dumpy guy would be Keith Elwin... I think this animation is a great easter egg, but word is it may be removed.

We joked that it was Peter from Deadpool 2. Just about as random.

#3625 5 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

That was the lamest shit I have ever seen.
Glad they aren't doing this with the LE, I wouldn't have bought one then.
Has a used BM66 SLE sold here on Pinside yet? I am curious to see just how well that $15K price tag holds up..

When we sold the SLE we had, I know of 3 others that changed hands that same weekend. $60k worth of machines in one weekend. They're definitely moving around and holding their value.

#3818 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

If you prepaid for an LE you should check your mailbox... You should have gotten an email from your disty with a dropbox link to all the pics... They are asking not to make these public...........

Public in 3...2...1...

#3863 5 years ago

So I wonder if those art blades are LE-specific like Game of Thrones because they wouldn't really match a Powerslave theme. Hoping that's the case. We need a perfect Powerslave theme, inside and out.

#3986 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Out of curiosity who picks the art themes on Stern machines?

Stern-Decider (resized).jpgStern-Decider (resized).jpg

#4002 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I dont think the ramp lifts? There is a diverter at the top that raises up so the ball goes around the backboard to the newton ball area maybe? Then u hit the newton ball to get them back out for mb?

You can BARELY make out the end of a channel cut into the right wall of the ramp. Seems to strongly imply that it lifts on the Prem/LE versions.

ramp-raise (resized).jpgramp-raise (resized).jpg

#4008 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Or you can just look at the picture with the ramp raised. You know...to save time.

Didn't see that one!

#4011 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Not sure which is y im asking....but then whats the diverter at the top of the ramp for? Surely it dont do both?

It looks like that comes out next to the ramp and loads or unloads the motorized sarcophagus.

#4016 5 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

It will look awesome especially with the foil decals (they look phenomenal on IMVE & BM66SLE)

They look great on KISS LE, too.

#4023 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

WTF is happneing here today?

daydrinking (resized).jpgdaydrinking (resized).jpg

The voice of day-drinking wisdom:

#4027 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Do we know the airplane is not on the premium as well though? Any guess on when we see the premium? Thanks.

Don't think they had airplanes in Egypt, and the Premium is a Powerslave/Egyptian theme according to the spec sheet.

Who's signature is on LE plastic?

That guy from the Fear of the Dark mode.

#4075 5 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

Are the LE's limited to 500 or 200
Stern site says 500 LE
Trying to find a. LE for my collection...any know of a distributor that has an LE...thanks

Only 200 of the 500 LEs are for the USA.

#4106 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

My eyes/comprehension are failing me the older/higher I get.
Are there any moving interactive mechs & or sculpted toys?

The sarcophagus moves. The passage at the top of the left ramp opens. The main ramp lifts up.

#4115 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I struggled to find that at first. Now I see it. I think. So it's like a Mick on a stick that moves 1 inch?

Ah, there's a diverter of some sort. I can see it now, thanks! So where does the ball go if diverted?

Is it like the bicycle girl ramp on TWD? What happens when the ramp is lifted?

That's cool. How do the balls lock there?
----------------------
Hey wait... is there a magnet by the pops/flasher?
So zero sculpted toys tho? Dang. What about that fella on the left?

The function is very similar to the original Archer design, but instead of shooting under the ramp on the left, it just opens a portal and the ball diverts off the top of the left ramp into the sarcophagus on the right. So, watch the video here at the 0:57 mark. First you see what is now the sarcophagus moving on the right, then a shot under the ramp ending up in the sarcophagus:

#4125 5 years ago
Quoted from RGR:

Would black trim look the best instead of the other Photoshop/current options? Sorry I can't Photoshop....

All the other colors no one asked for:

Black
black (resized).jpgblack (resized).jpg
Brown
brown (resized).jpgbrown (resized).jpg
Light Green
light-green (resized).jpglight-green (resized).jpg
Magenta
magenta (resized).jpgmagenta (resized).jpg
Purple
periwinkle-blue (resized).jpgperiwinkle-blue (resized).jpg
Teal
teal (resized).jpgteal (resized).jpg

#4132 5 years ago
Quoted from Flex_in_Aus:

Will IMDN have the crap leg brackets, or the good ones? I hear they went back to service rails, and added the handle on the back. This would seem like another logical step forward from a build perspective.

That would be great, but it's $20 and less than an hour to upgrade them to the Williams/Bally brackets if they're still using the crap ones.

#4139 5 years ago

Have you seen the Pro Translite in person and the High res pics of the LE Translite? I have seen both and the LE blows the pro out of the water (it’s not close)

The print quality on the Pro translite is noticibly crappier than any pin I've seen recently. It's very noticible when not lit. Since we have Prems and LEs on the route I help with, maybe I'm just used to better translite quality overall. Dunno.

#4140 5 years ago
Quoted from xian222:

Wow, I'm an idiot. I just realized these are only 22" wide. That seems really narrow. Growing up on wide-bodies, is this going to feel/look weird? (I guess this is why you don't buy sight unseen. My Pro will be here Friday and my adulation just turned to concern).

You'll be fine, and your arms will hurt less from nudging on long play sessions (I love me some Indy, but it's a big machine to manhandle for long games).

#4144 5 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

I disagree, I think the quality is pretty damn good on mine. "Crappy" has never come to mind when looking at it from any perspective.

I'm not talking about the layout, I'm talking about the pixel density and saturation. It seems off from what I'm used to seeing. Lit up it's fine, but it's more obvious unlit. Just an observation.

#4145 5 years ago

This game is pure fun, the longer ball times and bigger scoring help out too. Hard to believe a 1 rating. Pinball is suppose to be fun and why I like some of the more simple games too others dislike. If someone hates the music which is hard to to believe they can insert the instrumental versions of possible or create them.

Absolutely no way this pin is a 1. Period. When you blow it up, especially, it's CRAZY fun.

#4164 5 years ago
Quoted from Bundy:

The LE playfield in Premium clothes will be the ultimate IMDN package. I hope…

I hope the LEs are still signed on the PF then clearcoated. Keith's signature on that sticker on the left apron screams "cost cutting" to replace the less-convenient-to-do signatures under the clear.

#4170 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I don't think it's cost cutting but rather that it makes it easier for Stern to deal with warranty replacements. With all the playfield issues they had with ghosting a couple years back and having to ship customers populated playfields it's just easier when premium and LE playfields are the same vs. having to keep a bunch of signed and cleared playfields on the shelf.

I know why they likely may have done it, but it's one less degree of "special" - again. A sticker vs a signed then clearcoated PF. Sure that's harder, but that's WHY you're paying more - for the exclusivity.

#4308 5 years ago
Quoted from robx46:

Pro Owners, I'm wondering how the speakers are? have this game coming & wondering if I'll end up wanting to do a speaker upgrade.

Included Pro speakers are not great.

#4316 5 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

I thought they were decent enough. Obviously I'm sure the JBL upgrade is sweet, but this arcade had IMDN bumping and I thought the speakers came through quite rich.
(Game is at Joe's Playland in Salisbury, MA)

Decent, yes, they get the job done. But they don't have a lot of oomph and they are muddy if you turn up the bass. So, not great speakers. If it was in my house, I'd upgrade them. For the route, what they come with is good enough.

#4320 5 years ago

Anyone have the bug where the song select rotation thing at the beginning of a ball gets stuck and it's on during gameplay, with each flipper press affecting the rotation, but you're never able to select the song and get it off the screen?

#4323 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

The spec sheets talks about a treble/bass adjustments as well as a fader for head (high/mid) vs cab (bass) mix. Using that can you clean up the head speakers? esp. when routing the bass to the powered external sub?

Nope. Tried that. Doesn't help the stock speakers much.

#4324 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I turned off song selection between balls in the adjustments, so no. Might want to try that if you have this on location.

It only happened one time, so I wouldn't turn it off, but it was weird and definitely a bug.

#4326 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Any idea where those JBL speakers that Stern uses are available aftermarket? I'd be interested in upgrading sometime down the road.

No idea, but JBL isn't some fantastic brand of speaker, so I'm sure there are lots of great options from other companies. JBL was likely a well-enough known brand of good enough speakers Stern could get cheap.

#4341 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

pretty sure elwin has said there was a bug related to tilting with that? on tiltforums he's been very responsive to bug reports.

No tilting, but it happened a LOT today, maybe with the extra ball on the skill shot target? Usually was on ball 2 or 3 after I blew the machine up.

#4368 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

#4 best selling home speaker brand in the first quarter of 2018 is JBL
Personally, I'd put Martin Logan and Wilson above JBL in quality, but those brands will never sell even 1% of what JBL does in a year.

Best-selling is often nowhere close to actual best, just cheap and/or "good enough." That's where I've always put JBL - never on any "best quality/best sound" lists for home. A quick scan of google's first page of results for "best home speakers" shows zero JBL winning the prize for "best", even in the cheap speakers under $50. That agrees with my bias, so it must be right.

#4415 5 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

yeah -- wont pay above list with anyone like that -- Just does not seem right - So Just my opinion

Wait, I thought you were a plumber...

#4418 5 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Wow, sounds like a great dealer.

Well, they are the ones that brought the world "The Jetsons" pinball, so that, uh...counts...for...oh, nevermind.

#4420 5 years ago

Stern should police this and prevent it from happening. Distributors should stick to everyday practices and not be opportunistic.

But, that would put The Pinball Company out of business.

#4427 5 years ago

To the Pro owners out there can you tell me if IMDN has the juke box option to play music when the game is in attract mode?

Nope. (We've got a Pro holding a place until the Premium shows up)

#4458 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

They are not. They're more like Cock-Rock mixed with Rush. how anyone could listen to this and think it's "hard" in any way is beyond me. <---i just mean the stuff on the pin...not the original lead singer when they were an actual heavy metal band.

They are what metal was in the beginning, and so are still a metal band. Metal has progressed and blown into a hundred subgenres, many of which sound nothing like Iron Maiden or any of the other metal pioneers. Doesn't make them any less metal. I mean, think about what was "extreme" in anything in the 1970's vs now. Evolution happens.

#4460 5 years ago
Quoted from jester523:

Anyone know what the street price on the premium is going to run...Looks pretty dope. Only got one game on the pro so far, but might consider a premium. I don't even know one iron maiden song.

Most people are getting quoted $7300, but you can roll it back a hundred or two if you're really dedicated. Stern took all the slack out of pricing with this release, so street price is pretty much a uniform distance from retail everywhere.

#4465 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

No sorry I disagree.

Ok, what was "metal" to you, circa 1975? It was exceedingly slim pickins compared to now.

#4468 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Few Drinks = opening up
I bought some Iron Maiden post cards when I was in England 1987...hung them on my wall; never heard the band's actual music till a month ago.

No no no...None of the music involved in this Pinball Machine is from 1975.

But the band is metal, period. It's just that they're essentially what metal was in 1975, near the beginning of the genre in the late 1960s. They didn't start as metal, then become hard rock, then become rock, then become muzak. Metal got much harder and more diverse, but it doesn't change the fact that they are one of the founding bands of metal and therefore a metal band.

#4469 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Few Drinks = opening up
I bought some Iron Maiden post cards when I was in England 1987...hung them on my wall; never heard the band's actual music till a month ago.

No no no...None of the music involved in this Pinball Machine is from 1975.

Hallowed be thy Name is like 1982 - 35+ years ago. Close enough to the beginning.

Powerslave is on Rolling Stone's 100 Greatest Metal Albums of All Time - Number of the Beast is #4 on that list. Not of the greatest rock, but the greatest metal.

#4471 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Exactly...ouch!

Honestly, Do you give a shit aboot what Rolling Stone thinks?

No, but I wasn't going to do thesis-level research tonight to prove what I already know - that as a pioneer of the genre, Iron Maiden is still considered metal. Grabbed a quick top 100 list, Maiden was on it 3 times. Referred to as metal. Good enough. Point proven.

#4473 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Exactly...ouch! That music is soft

Listen to a LOT of metal from 1982 - almost all of it sounds soft by 2018 standards (or even 2000 standards).

#4475 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Of course they are considered metal....that was never in question.

Then what your "No sorry I disagree. " to the statement I made saying "They are what metal was in the beginning, and so are still a metal band."?

#4493 5 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

What's your point? I LOVE Twisted SIster's Under the Blade, Motley Crue's Too Fast For Love, Ratt's self titled EP, Def Leppard's On thru the Night and of course IM's NotB and Piece of Mind from 1982. It's the era of metal I love most.
You're defining metal as it has to sound like Sepultura or Slayer or Cannibal Corpse to be classified as metal and that's not anywhere near accurate.
Pop, rock, folk, country and Metal were the categories back then. Rap wasn't even around yet.
You can call that hair metal now or whatever, but at the time it was metal.

Whoa, you're confusified. This is the point I was originally making. Iron Maiden IS metal, despite sounding softer now that what hard metal has become.

#4586 5 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

If anyone knows a distro who can do $5200 cash picked up in Allentown or within 5ish hours of Richmond, VA send me a PM.

"Show special" after the show? Not much hope for NIB, especially with this demand.

#4591 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

That’s what is so crazy. Stern’s plan has succeeded. We all think this Pro is “loaded”! LOL! It has spinners!!!! ZOMG!!! It has a captive ball!!! It has, count ‘em, FOUR flippers! It has a target!!! It even has traditional service rails!!!!! IT’S LOADED!!!
LOL, it’s not.
It is still awesome and easily Sterns best game since TWD, but let’s not kid ourselves on the “value” here. The pro has almost nothing in it.

Good for what it is, but it's still a stripped down machine. Can't wait for the Premiums to show up to give the full Archer experience.

#4614 5 years ago

playfield accouchements

Accouchements?

Dalek_explain.gifDalek_explain.gif

#4621 5 years ago
Quoted from NightMutilator:

I'm almost at the point of going back to switching to the pro. I paid in-full for the LE but the more time I have to let it soak-in the honeymoon excitement is beginning to subside. Guess it's just a case on the Mondays... or a case of just not feeling like those extra action figures and motorized elements are worth this big price difference. I had both Walking Dead LE and Ghostbusters LE and I never felt that uneasy with those pre-received. Probably because they were both truly stacked with awesome features and sculpts that for sure assured me they were worth the cost (plus they weren't nearly as expensive either). With everyone talking about the problems with cabinet build quality and the fact the playfields still divot like crazy right out of the box I'm getting quite a bit nervous... I know we're all super excited, but come on Stern, let's see real world pics of this thing already. Is the metallic Foil really gonna keep my order in place?!

I don't think it's worth LE money (especially with that underwhelming cabinet art), but I DEFINITELY think the Premium will the the de-facto version as it's closest to the original Archer design. The pro, while fun, is just way too stripped down. Just get a Premium and call it a day. You can flip your NIB LE for probably a grand or two making your Premium become Pro price anyway.

#4624 5 years ago

I *thought* you were going for "accoutrement" but wasn't 100% sure.

#4627 5 years ago
Quoted from NightMutilator:

Stern, will you at least do one custom feeling sculpt like in Walking Dead and not use toys on LE games? You gotta step it up, not scale it back...

Custom sculptures are a pain in the butt on licensed properties. Approvals are never-ending. Pack-in stuff I've done on video games started over a YEAR before the game came out and still barely made the release timing. It's a big commitment. Should they do it? Yes. But I understand why they've been happier just buying existing toys.

#4701 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Look, I agree IMDN Pro is an awesome game and will outsell the LE/Premium, but we’re talking features here: MET Pro does have more features than IMDN Pro. Plus, it was about $1500 less! I’m not sure why there is an argument. It’s a fact that this is a stripped game. Doesn’t make it any less fun. One of my favorite games of all time, IM, is pretty stripped down too.
MET:
1) In-line drops (3)
2) Custom-molded cross (not motorized)
3) Custom shaking Sparky bash toy
4) Sparky magnet
5) Custom-molded snake scoop
6) Captive ball
7) Graveyard magnet
8 ) Mystery scoop
9) Laser etched Ramps w/ wire-forms
10) Up-post divertor (1)
IMDN:
1) Bullseye target
2) Laser etched Ramps w/ wire-forms
3) Up-post divertor (2)
4) Captive ball
5) Spinners (2)
PS: Spike is a downgrade from SAM too.

I don't disagree, but to be fair, you need to make these additions in a feature comparison:

Metallica Pro
flippers (2)
ramps (2)

Iron Maiden Pro
flippers (4)
drop targets (3)
color LCD (1)
RGB inserts (6)
ramps (3)

#4706 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

lol, nice 'unbiased' comparison. Here, let's see if I can add more to this with my 'unbiased' thoughts:
MET:
- A-Typical Fan layout: Check
- Unoriginal design: Check
- Uninspring lars call outs: Check
- Grinding woodchopping rules: check
IMDN:
- Inventive layout: Check
- Creative Ruleset: Check
- Amazing Sounds and Call outs: Check
- Blows MET out of the water: Check
P.S - Good luck finding a MET NIB for $1500; might be a good investment opportunity if you can.

Let's not get too carried away. The "power" pyramid can be pretty "wood choppy" with its requirements to advance. Granted you get that cool lightning sound when you make it, but it's still repetitive.

#4712 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Wow; of all the rules in the game I thought the pyramid offered the most breadth and less grind as you progress through all the aspects no matter what is happening in the game.

I like the implementation, but let's be honest, distilled, it's still just really flashy chopping wood. X number of spinners, X number of targets, X number of pop bumpers, X number of orbits, X number of ramps to advance. Quotas for each are the definition of chopping wood.

#4716 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Yep, missed the drops. Are we counting flippers and the display as features? Maybe the extra flippers, but the display is standard issue.

Ok, but we’re arguing different points. We agree the game rocks!! Excited to see the LE gameplay!

We're absolutely counting displays since getting a color one on Metallica Pro will run you $400 more from ColorDMD yet it's included with Iron Maiden Pro.

And extra flippers absolutely are features that directly impact gameplay (more than static crosses, no?).

#4757 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

LOL Let's be honest? Yea, lets...the breadth and depth combination in IMDN and lack of chopping wood is exactly why it's being considered one of the greatest pins alive by a good majority of players, good players at that.

Every pin is the greatest thing ever when you first get it. Iron Maiden is off to a great start, but let's give it some time.

#4760 5 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Try telling that to most of the GOTG buyers last winter...

Hahaha...touché, but even then some people were trying to defend GotG's sad debut.

#4808 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I heard him say LE's are already shipping but haven't heard a peep about Premiums

I would be (pleasantly) surprised if we get Premiums before the early part of June.

#4818 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Wish we cld at least see pics. Im digging the extra features /rules and the rgb flashers, extra flashers near center ramp and the red gi. I think the extra 1400-1600 is worth the upgrade...

We know the Premiums are Powerslave themed, and the LE livestream is essentially the Premium as well since the features shown are the same. I really think the Premium will be the one everyone wants (unless they hate Powerslave).

#4820 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Do we? The word is Egypt themed, but we don't know it's going to look anything like the actual Powerslave album cover.

Given the Playfield art we already know, how about at the very least "Powerslave inspired" then? Egyptian theme has to be in that ballpark.

#4969 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Believe it or not they have a standardized symbol for that.....≠

Believe it or not, != IS the standardized notation for not equal in computer code.

#4975 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I know, but non programmers (like many ancient pinsiders) are not going to know what that means, and their stacks will overflow.

Don't sell them short. I think most people can figure it out from the context.

#4980 5 years ago

(Can't nest inside vid's post for some reason)

Quoted from PinMonk:

Don't sell them short. I think most people can figure it out from the context.

Quoted from trilamb:

I see. Didn’t get that != means does not equal.

"most" != "all"

#4997 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Left outlane kickback is gone
Not sure what else

Varitarget and drop in on the upper right is gone
Scoop on the bottom left is gone
raising left ramp is gone (replaced with the statue on top of the ramp that moves)
subway system is gone

#5009 5 years ago

Wish all this made into Maiden

You and Keith both, no doubt.

It would have been nice, but enough was kept that the machine is pretty awesome and addictive.

#5012 5 years ago

Trying to decide if I would like a Metallica Premium over Maiden Premium in small collection even though I Like Maiden music way more.

Haven't played the Premium Maiden yet, but based on the Met Prem I've played extensively and the Pro Maiden I've played quite a bit and LE/Prem I saw on the stream, I would go for the Maiden Prem.

#5098 5 years ago
Quoted from dgposter:

Has anyone else heard about these LE "surprises?" I'm really curious what these could be.

Hopefully the more robust B/W leg plates inside. That's a really cheap upgrade they can do that collectors and OPs alike will appreciate.

Then, I dunno, maybe pre-dimpled playfields? I can see the marketing now - "20 years of smoothing, right out of the box."

#5130 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I also emailed zach sharpe about this, so maybe that's what got the ball rolling. who knows

If Zach was just waiting for your email, why didn't you do it sooner?

#5223 5 years ago
Quoted from wontwa:

People flipping out over the shooter rod - you realize these are made on an assembly line, the video is mid-assembly, and for all we know the last step on the line is swapping it out? They aren't going to list this as a feature on the matrix, show it in promo photos, then not deliver.

Dunno, maybe they'll pull the GoT "as designed" bit after the fact.

#5255 5 years ago

So did they put the Eddie shooter knob on it?

#5260 5 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Stunning in person and I was one that was initially disappointed. The colors were washed out and over saturated in pics leaked, it’s deep and beautiful in person

Eddie shooter knob installed at factory, confirmed! Thanks!

#5264 5 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

It’s there and you screw out on, not the most impressive piece but still custom

Wait, so it's a cap you screw on over the shooter rod end?

#5272 5 years ago

What version of software is that? The HS board is different.

#5298 5 years ago

I wish they'd get busy and post that for the rest of us!

#5305 5 years ago

Has anyone finished the current software yet? I think I was pretty close today, passing cyborg multiball and headed for Number of the Beast, but my hands started going numb after about 30 minutes of manhandling the machine (<-- Old person problem) so I cut it short. If I was anywhere close to the end already, that would be a little disappointing given that I haven't even played it that much at the location we've got it at. Hopefully I was about halfway...

#5307 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Is the graphics cut short around the shooters plate? Or is the black plastic?

I'm sure they cut the art away from the shooter plate. They were going under the shooter plate until recently. The BM66 SLE we got had a screwed up shooter plate that delaminated the coin door art around the plate and when we asked Stern for a replacement, they sent art that didn't even match the SLE cab finish (it wasn't shiny with a raised appearance). Apparently they didn't make any SLE extras. Really sucked on a 15k machine, but felt very Stern.

#5308 5 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Are these bullets holes in the front on the cabinet ? Right next to the coin door. It looks crazy cool

Fooled me initially, too. They do look photorealistic, but they're just art.

#5335 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Just about. Here’s the spoiler.
« Spoiler!»
Sorry for the wall of text. When you add spoiler hide/show it gets funky with punctuation and paragraphs.

Thanks for the summary. So it sounds like I was maybe between half and two thirds done. The only thing on your list the machine isn't set for is to make Revive harder. EBs are already limited to 1 from the default of 5. Kinda glad I didn't see Number of the Beast if nothing's there yet.

#5375 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Also early on yesterday i noticed some maidens allready had some bad cab splitting....

Here we go again.

#5376 5 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

9k US and you get cheap filler wood instead of plywood? Seriously? I guess I was out of the loop. Is this one reason why my AS feels way lighter than say my Sopranos? Why Stern why? It's 9k US!

The cabinet wood was cheapened sometime after KISS. You can FEEL the difference in the bite when you screw the leg plates into it.

#5377 5 years ago

I have bought Sheet Metal screws - Size 10 and 1/2 inch. It seemed to be what most people recommended.

Use real wood screws. Sheet metal screws will do in a pinch, but they have an inferior bite for wood.

#5379 5 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

A big reason for the lighter cabs are the use of the metal back box, no mechanical lock mech, smaller boards, plastic aprons, half the wiring, lock bar latches instead of the massive mechanical receiver and a few other thing that equate to a lighter pinball.

The cabinet wood is cheaper. You can FEEL it when you screw into it compared to something like KISS.

#5383 5 years ago

Leg reinforcement shopping list:

Wood screws (#10 x 3/4" Coarse Deep Thread Pan Head Screws) $6.95/100:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M03T9SM
screw-pic (resized).jpgscrew-pic (resized).jpg

Titebond III glue $7.47:
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Titebond-III-16-oz-Ultimate-Wood-Glue-1414/100522343
titebond3 (resized).jpgtitebond3 (resized).jpg

Bally/Williams Leg Plates (x4) $4.95:
https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=144
leg-plates (resized).jpgleg-plates (resized).jpg

I just made a thread with step-by-step replacement instructions of the leg plates. It's here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/reinforcing-stern-cabinet-legs-step-by-step#post-4381606

#5385 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Just wanted to point out what i saw... not trying to start a shit storm. We really enjoyed maiden and will b looking to get a premium at some point. Just was concerned wirh these new pins pulled out for the show allready showing issues.

Glad you did. Kick me in the pants a little to get the updated leg plates on it. I hadn't done it yet, and I should have. Your picture was just a reminder Stern cost cutting is still happening and our only protection is our will to preventatively protect the machines.

#5386 5 years ago

These are what I bought.
Size 10.
Good enough or look for others?

I would say no because there's not enough thread AT ALL. Most of the thread on that self-tapping screw will be used up going through the plate and what's actually sticking through the plate and into the wood won't be anything at all. You don't need self tapping, either. The wood is so soft now, it's like butter.

Just get the $6.95 100 pack of real wood screws at Amazon. You'll end up with a better job that will last longer, and definitely use the Titebond, too.

#5388 5 years ago

Thanks.
Do you mean to use the Titebond with the screws i.e put glue on them and then screw them in?

Yeah, just slather them with some titebond and screw them in. DO NOT drill pilot holes. The cabinet wood is plenty soft already.

#5390 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Do you need to use Bally bolts with the B/W leg plates, or will the Stern bolts work?

Stern bolts work fine. I usually put some graphite dry lube (NOT regular WD-40, graphite dry lube spray) on them so they glide in. Don't want to cross-thread your new heavy-duty leg plates...

#5392 5 years ago
Quoted from charles4400:

Back legs too or just the front?

When I'm in there, I usually do all 4, but the front two are the ones that take the most stress, so they're all that NEED to be done. For example, I happen to only have 2 more leg plates on hand, so I'm going over to do the Iron Maiden on location today and will only be doing the front two legs. If I had 4 plates on hand, I'd do all 4, but that's pretty overkill, and I can't materialize two more leg plates today, anyway.

#5395 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Thanks for posting the links Vireland. Kinda sad for the money we spend, but it is what it is. Preventative maintenance is always a good thing anyway.

The right screws were the hardest thing to find when I initially started looking around Ghostbusters time. But yeah, happy to save everyone else the trial and error.

#5417 5 years ago
Quoted from venom112:

My problem is that why should us as consumers have to pay for and install quality braces on these cabinets. If stern is using cheap wood why the hell are they not installing heavy duty braces from the factory so the consumer doesn’t have to deal with this. I have said many times I love stern games but their sacrifices in materials and quality are amazing given the prices of games now days. I was currently looking to buy a new stern but finding out these kinds of problems are still going on is just ridiculous as stern has known about this issue for how long now. Needless to say I will wait it out although that could be years until
They figure out how to fix the quality of these games. As long as people continue to buy them and deal/ pay for these after market fixes I guess stern will just continue to use cheaper materials

And even using their crappy metal slabs for the leg bolts, Stern's QA is so crap that one of the two I replaced today was in BACKWARDS. Almost totally useless as a result. Glad I swapped out the HD plates today instead of putting it off.

#5449 5 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Rules question how can you make the mode change?

Assuming you mean the Battle mode.

Far left spinner changes the flashing mode until the mode is locked in. Hitting the white arrow(s) locks the flashing mode in. Hitting the pharaoh starts the locked mode.

#5452 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Just To clarify. It’s the far left spinner. Not the orbit spinner.

Yes, otherwise that would be a disaster.

Edited the original to make that clear.

#5454 5 years ago
Quoted from dangerwil:

I want this as sideart

Get crackin'! I want to see it when it's done!

#5485 5 years ago
Quoted from ghostbc:

Are any other LE owners having trouble with ball getting stuck behind the left ramp(behind back panel ) sitting on switch hole?

Happened in the live stream as well, so I'd say chances are...yes, that is happening to others, too.

#5491 5 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Appeared to be hardware/design flaw ?
Like there is no fall for ball to complete path, I was kinda hoping this would be addressed prior to shipping.
Perhaps get the pitch up closer to 7deg, if you haven't already?
Check there is not something small obstructing path ?
Clean with novus or similar to assist ball glide ?
Otherwise I'm confident there will be a fix around the corner

Yep. A software change where the path never opens and an entry in the changelog that says it's working "as designed."

#5492 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

There was a note from SR inside Black Knight that said "We believe all the ball traps have been found and fixed", so even the simple games back then had a few traps.
MM used to get balls stuck on top of the castle when the trolls would pop them up - apparently they never had that happen in play testing, lol

Iron Maiden (Pro in the pic, but probably all) has a ball trap on the left side that's pretty obvious even if the ball has never dropped there. Hoping they address it.

maiden_pro_ball_trap (resized).jpgmaiden_pro_ball_trap (resized).jpg

#5497 5 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

When I played yesterday, the ball got stuck, balanced on one of the drop targets to the right of the upper-left flipper. It dislodged when I shook the machine, but I had to tilt to get it off - the ball search didn't find it.

Yeah, that's happened to me, too, but it can be cleared with a little shake or another ball, so it wasn't as bad as the one on the left where you have to take the glass off to clear it. But ball search should maybe reset the drop targets on the second pass to auto-clear it.

#5507 5 years ago
Quoted from smokedog:

Yup. I've had it open several times now. Once with 2 balls stuck there! I'm emailing Chas in the AM.

I reported it about a week ago. I can't believe they already don't know about it. Hopefully they're not just ignoring it.

#5508 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Thats true but then when you realize how many games a year that they make and only have a handful of bad cabinets, that should eliminate any concerns that you may have pretty much.

It's likely more than a handful, but we don't hear about the rest (or ops don't care) because pinside is a relatively small fraction of the pinball sales pool worldwide.

Fortunately with about $30 and an hour or so of sweat equity, you can reinforce a stock Stern cab to substantially reduce the likelihood of ever having to deal with it.

#5514 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

Does anyone know where to buy these cabinet reinforcers?

Just made a nice guide on replacing the crappy Stern leg plates with the much better Bally/Williams ones.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/reinforcing-stern-cabinet-legs-step-by-step

#5521 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

OK I'm gonna give you shit about this, this is why all the mom-and-pop shops in your local area towns are going out of business can't you just go down to the hardware store and buy some screws ?

I actually TRIED to do this, but even our two remaining locally-owned Ace hardware stores didn't have the right wood screws with the pan head. Amazon impending domination confirmed.

#5538 5 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

The day mom and pops stores have an app I can order shit from the comfort of my toilet, then deliver said shit to my doorstep same or next day, with full tracking information.. will be the day I'll buy from the mom and pops stores again. Sad reality of it... How many people miss the milk man and Blockbuster video still?

I kinda miss the milkman and those awesome glass milk bottles with the delicious cream seal at the top of the neck when you opened it. He also had great butter, eggs, and ice cream. I'd be thrilled if there were a financial model that worked for that to come back, but it's likely gone forever.

Blockbuster? Nope. Don't miss them at all.

#5540 5 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Does anyone have any idea where this stool can be purchased.

Someone just put a used one on Ebay, but they want like $150 for it:

www.ebay.com/itm/Iron-Maiden-the-Trooper-Swivel-Bar-Stool-rare-hard-to-find-/323243983699

#5559 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I could do with a little less multi ball. Feels like I'm always in multi ball.

Chaining multiballs is the best way to get higher scores because your risk of losing the last ball is eliminated as long as you have at least 2 going. Unlike, say, The Hobbit, I actually kind of like the implementation of multiball chaining/stacking in Iron Maiden. You can make them harder to achieve in the settings, though, which would do what you're asking.

#5576 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

And yes... I know the LE is a real backglass...

Has this actually been confirmed that it's a real mirrored backglass and not a regular backglass with mirrored sections stuck to it in the cutout parts like KISS LE?

#5591 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

Easily added the heavy duty brackets and upper corner L brackets. Ordered them from Marco. Used #10 1/2” pan head screws on HD bracket.

Once you factor in the leg plate thickness 1/2" screws don't have a lot left to dig into the wood (maybe 3/8"?). I definitely recommend the 3/4" wood screws, which would have 5/8" or so left after going through the thick leg plate. On the middle two plate holes, you could actually go a bit longer, if you wanted.

#5593 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Any chance these screws go through the cab and mess up the decals? Or impacts the grounding?

Never in my experience, but at the beginning of my step-by-step leg plate upgrade guide:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/reinforcing-stern-cabinet-legs-step-by-step

I tell people to check the screw against the top edge of the cabinet with the brack stacked, too, so they can see how far into the wood it will go. I've never come out the other side, but I ALWAYS check, just in case.

I think the bigger problem with using 1/2" is there just won't be enough full width screw in the wood to grip well once you factor in the thickness of the thicker leg plate.

#5595 5 years ago

I use 5/8 screws as I don’t want to risk putting a small bulge in the outside of the cab if the tip of the screw gets into the last ply of the plywood.

I've never even had so much as a dot of a bulge with the 3/4" wood screws and the thicker B/W leg plates and I'm getting a full 5/8" of grab after the plate width is taken into account instead of 1/2".

#5597 5 years ago

Do you pre drill your holes with an undersized bit?

Nope. Maybe on some older B/W game that needs a bracket upgrade, but on these newer Stern cabs, they're so soft predrilling would make the hold less firm, IMO, so I just drill them right in. Like drilling into butter. <----small exaggeration, but very small - this newer cabinet wood is SOFT.

#5601 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I know that it has been said but this is troubling that on such an expensive purchase that buyers are feeling the need to reinforce their cabinets.
Regarding the brackets, especially those small L brackets, you could use some PL glue behind it as well.
I hope that none of this is actually needed and it just makes those owners feel better. If this doesn't highlight a QC concern to Stern then what will?

Stern doesn't care. They've clearly decided it's an acceptable risk in cost reducing the cabinets. The number of warranty cab replacements must be less value than the extra money they're making with the cheaper/crappier cabinet wood. Business.

But after Ghostbusters crazy cab splitting, I reinforce every Stern cab, usually before it goes out on location. We've had zero split or even crack as a result. Preserves and maybe even enhances resale value a bit when they come off route, too.

#5609 5 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

vireland, I can only imagine the concern with operating these.
Glad to hear that you are one who takes pride in his pins out in the wild.

I just try to make sure the machines are as bulletproof as possible when they're sent into the wild. If I do that well, it's usually not too bad to keep them running well and preserve the resale value for when they come off route.

#5674 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Free-standing urinal in the game room there? Very convenient.

No, bidet.

#5734 5 years ago

Pulled this over from one of the other IMDN threads (thanks Taylor), something to think about... will installing the brackets void the warranty? Sounds like Stern would rather just warranty the Cab.

Of course Stern would rather you spend 8 hours doing a cabinet swap then protecting the cab with proper leg plates to begin with.

Moronic. But not surprising. I'll continue upgrading the leg plates on every machine before it goes on the route. Don't have time for cabinet swap nonsense from Stern's cost-cutting.

#5736 5 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

So the LEs and Premiums will not have the brackets installed by Stern (unlike Star Wars Le/Prem that had them)?

Pretty sure that largesse had stopped by the time GotG Prem/LE was released. Crappy wood and crappy leg plates with Star Wars LE/Prem as an island of rational cabinet construction.

#5758 5 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

First game after update...
Match animation and high score board have both changed and I think they're pretty darn cool. My previous high score was in the 400,000 range so they may have made it easier. I started modes I never started before.
Awesome game has just gotten more awesome!!!

Yeah, the scoring seems a LOT looser. Got 300+ Million on a test game where I wasn't even trying, just making sure the update didn't break anything.

#5815 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Can't argue with that. I wish they still silk screened cabinets like Williams did.

JJPs WoZ direct printed cabinets for the ECLE are beautiful. I wish they still did them.

#5816 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

This is a pic of George Gomez holding the turntable/rotisserie mech, which he calls the most densely packed thing he has ever designed. It is far from cheap and exquisitely engineered. Big picture, Stern is doing great work.

With a big, ugly, half-assed atomic pile on top. Get it right or don't brag about it.

Thank god we have the RIGHT atomic pile available now.

#5817 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

The only Stern QC issues I am concerned with are the preventable ones. Splitting cabinets should have been taken care of by now, apparently they’re not. That’s on Stern for continuing to cut shit as cheap as they can. After all the problems last year with cabinets they should have bulletproofed that mf’er. They didn’t. Shame, as it’s easy and relatively cheap to do it.
On the other hand: a few loose screws, a burned out motor, wiring loose, a bad board...part of the game, baby. All companies have those issues. There are a massive amount of parts in a pinball machine being put in by hand...there’s bound to be something to tweak or fix.

Stern has always been great replacing small stuff that dies right off the bat. A coil or switch or whatever. I just wish they'd raise their base level of quality back up again on their cabinet and playfield wood. Fix those two back to 2008 levels and I'd be relatively happy. We've certainly paid PLENTY in higher prices to cover whatever costs that move would incur.

#5818 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Do we have to install corner braces on the frame of our new cars? No, lol.

Depends on if you have a Dodge or not.

#5842 5 years ago

I like that they got rid of the out-of-place extra ball animation in 0.97. It was completely different tonally and visually than everything else in the game and therefore jarring. I assume the simple "EXTRA BALL" they replaced it with is just a placeholder while they come up with a new animation that actually matches the game.

#5845 5 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

Wow, I hadn't heard that. Color me disappointed... that was basically the old Metal Hammer cover .gif with a bit more animation. I thought it was cool. Maiden should be a bit dark and I hope they don't take out the edgy stuff. Hope they have something cool planned.
http://coverjunkie.com/uploads/1440364778.gif

They could still do it, but bring it back in an animation style that matches the rest of the game. What was there before didn't, at all.

#5854 5 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

Because if the content? Not following. I don’t have my game yet so my only reference is YouTube videos.

Yeah, the extra ball animation just was totally different in style than everything else on the screen. It just didn't match the game at all. They could keep the reference, but just change the animation so it LOOKED like it belonged in the same game.

#5861 5 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

Wish they used this with the hand grabbing an extra ball.

Animated, that would be awesome, and would match the graphics already in the game.

#5867 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I LOVE the extra ball animation. I may not do the update if that goes away.

What you gain with the update is WAY BETTER than what you lose (likely temporarily).

#5892 5 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

not even with Met Le have I seen so many scalpers selling the Le Maiden as there are so many Le for sale at an elevated price.. Sorry to the folks who may have wanted one to own just to lose out to the new style of speculators / Or perhaps they know the Pro play is good enough to flip their Le for profit to lower the sting of buying a Pro for so much more than the 45- 4600 price they once were just a few years ago...
Only should be 5k tops for a pro but hey . Everybody these days are just so damn GREEDY....
It's just a game that shoots balls around a confined space and to pay anymore than 6k for one is just Crazy as there is so many 5k and lower priced games you can get that are as fun as IMaiden Imho

It would have been nice had Stern made 666 LEs like they should have, especially with 300 going overseas right off the top. They still have time to make another LE with 166 more, like they did for AC/DC with two runs of LE, themed differently. Doubt it will happen, though.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 24.50
5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Raleigh, NC
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Trade
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
343 posts in this topic match your search for posts by pinmonk. You are on page 1 of 2.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmonk.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday?tu=pinmonk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.