20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #390 Stern Official Teaser Video Link for Iron Maiden Pinball Posted by Pinballrocks (6 years ago)

Post #798 Quick intro on Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by TheLaw (6 years ago)

Post #920 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by Apollyon (6 years ago)

Post #1351 Link to short video clip of the Pro Model livestream on 3/27 Posted by Sparky (6 years ago)

Post #1675 Video of LE features missing from Pro that Prem/LE will have Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #1682 Link to hi-res PDF of the feature matrix for Iron Maiden Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #2080 Premium/LE different ramp cutout (Pharaoh head) picture Posted by Pinzzz (6 years ago)

Post #2146 Link to gameplay video from Pro version in Europe Posted by Concretehardt (6 years ago)

Post #2498 Deadflip video on YouTube link. Posted by FalconPunch (6 years ago)

Post #2665 Iron Maiden Pro live stream link from Stream #2 Posted by Asael (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider billy16.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3223 5 years ago

Just played this a lot at Zapcon. Best new pin I've played in a very long time, I'm getting one!

#3265 5 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

.... and here we go again with the early buyers claiming their game is the best ever....IMDN debuts at number one on pinside...
....maybe it is, I haven't tried it yet, but then again I don't rate games after a few plays...

This time the rating might be warranted. This is the best new pin I've played in years, it really is that good. And, I'm not a Maiden fan...

#3274 5 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

I'll be at Allentown to try it out.
I hope it's as good as you say it is because I like my music pins.

It is, Imo it is the best music pin (maybe not by a lot, as both acdc and Metallica are great, and Guns/Roses is very cool) on top of being the best new pin Stern has made in the last few years. If I liked Maiden, I'd like it even more!

#3294 5 years ago

The distributors who actually have LE's are driving the ship on this one due to incredible demand. I'll bet there won't be much lag time between payment request and sell to the next guy on the list...

#3452 5 years ago

I read a cool story about the songwriters in a band not finishing the lyrics until they sat in the studio and read the lyrics to the drummer just loud enough so he could barely hear them, then had him repeat what he just heard. More often than not the words that came back were better (or funnier) than what they had written.

#3525 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Put a few games on Maiden Pro at the 1Up Lodo today. ....The LCD animation is spotty, some pretty decent, some amazingly bad (“dumpy guy with beard being stalked through the woods at night” mode?).
Overall I’m looking forward to playing more and figuring out some rudimentary strategies. But so far so good!

Umm, that dumpy guy would be Keith Elwin... I think this animation is a great easter egg, but word is it may be removed.

#3638 5 years ago

Stern seems always to be pushing to see if anyone will push back...

#3684 5 years ago

I heard from an unreliable source that if you want to see the photos you must first submit a video explaining why you should be allowed to see said photos...

#3884 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Well... Just got an email from my disty saying the first run of Premiums are sold out. Once Sterns runs thru LE's and premiums they have to run more Pro's which are majorly back ordered... IF I cancel my LE I would be looking at mid summer for a premium now.... ARGGGGG

Tough decision! One thing for sure, Stern is gonna sell a shit-ton of Maidens...

#4354 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

#4 best selling home speaker brand in the first quarter of 2018 is JBL
Personally, I'd put Martin Logan and Wilson above JBL in quality, but those brands will never sell even 1% of what JBL does in a year.

People buy JBL because they know the name. I agree with Raincity that there are many better choices for the audiophile than JBL-especially for home audio.

#4360 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Nothing could be less audiophile than a pinball machine....lol

Haha! I was kind of speaking more towards their speakers in general, but nice point! Only JBL's I've really been impressed by are their PA powered speakers. Expensive, but man do they sound good!

#4467 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Ok, what was "metal" to you, circa 1975? It was exceedingly slim pickins compared to now.

When you go that far back, your are right--there isn't much. I'd consider some bands precursors right on the edge of metal: Blue Cheer, Sabbath, then Priest and Maiden. Then it took a few more years for real metal to take hold. Maybe Motorhead kickstarted that whole next genre...

#4498 5 years ago

Stern is not going to be able to keep up with the demand for quite some time. Those true believers who got their Pro orders in early were smart to do so (I didn't think I was going to like this pin all that much--boy was I wrong, so now I wait). Cranking out LE's and Premiums is only going to slow things down even more. Nice problem to have if you are Stern.

#4501 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

It really does look cool. Layout & art for the win.
My wife goes out of town in June.
Odds are, unless there's code or QC issues, my wife is gonna be pissed when she returns.
(I like to get my pins when she's gone)

Hahaha! I took a chance and told my wife I had to get a new pin 'cause it was so good--I just had to! (And, I haven't been tempted to buy NIB in a long time, so I had that going for me). Surprisingly she wasn't mad, just told me to make room (I agreed to move one, she suggested two...). Doesn't matter, she'll get mad when it arrives, anyway!

#4520 5 years ago

Just checked the IM webpage to see what they were posting about their great new pinball machine. Ummm...nothing. Didn't spend a lot of time on FB, but didn't see anything that came up quickly. I wonder just how involved the band is--I figured they wanted all those LE's to sell to their fans...

#4612 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Yeah but what do other games that are 6k and more have that this one doesn't? Also i wouldn't say that a game like this couldn't happen without Keith Elwin, (although i thank him mightily for it)....don't forget about John Borg and Steve Ritchie, two of the greatest pinball designers in the history of pinball. Dont think for a minute that they couldn't and havent or will never make a game this good.

I really like Borg and appreciate Ritchie, but I can't think of one of their games that I like better than the layout of Maiden...

#4617 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

accoutrements? wait, weren't you arguing with a french dude? something about freedom fries?

That word never made any sense to me, but if it is french (which is must be) it all of a sudden does!

#4658 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

This one for diospinball .. LOL.

Kinda cute, I'll bet she has legs to match...

#4695 5 years ago

If this thread doesn't get back on track soon I may have to issue myself a thread eject...

#4748 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I can’t wait either. I think the added features are going to be awesome.
Worth the added price? Hell no. Not for me. I’d rather get another game than go from pro to premium on pretty much any game.
But I can’t wait to see this, and better yet, play it.

Yeah, the jump from a Pro to a Premium just doesn't seem to pencil out here. Maiden Pro plays so well there is no way I'm paying another $1700 or so to step up.

#4891 5 years ago

Sure be nice when the band finally makes this public so we can see it.

#4953 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Are you allowed to look at the artwork when unboxing and playing?
Rob

I heard from a second cousin that the LE's are being shipped with opaque covering on all Maiden related surfaces (except the playfield--which everyone has seen a bunch already). It is kinda like buying a new pillow and being bothered by the tags--can't remove the tags (or in this case the covering) under penalty of federal law (or something). However, you may remove the covering by having received written permission from any of the band members (except the drummer)...

#5119 5 years ago

Perhaps Stern got tired of waiting on the band to do something (they are obviously in no hurry), said "f@#k it, let's ship them and see if that doesn't get Maiden moving!" We are all quick to jump on Stern, maybe this one isn't their fault. Maybe...

#5123 5 years ago
Quoted from trilamb:

Really doubt he band is hemming and hawing over the art. I would imagine the hold up is their approval, but I also imagine that like most of the world they don’t give a fuck about pinball and it’s just about their lowest priority.

Most likely correct, but someone in the band or their entourage knows enough about pinball and was smart enough to reportedly put the habeas grabbas on 50 LE's when they did the deal.

#5127 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

I just saw a tweet from ironmaidenlegacy announcing the LE. It's now on Sterns site.
http://www.sternpinball.com/games/iron-maiden/le

Well, that's a start. Maybe shipping these did get the ball rolling.

#5230 5 years ago

Actually the difference between the Premium and the LE seems OK--looks like you are getting value for the extra $. It is the jump from the Pro to the Premium that does not really pencil out.

#5289 5 years ago

I hope no one panicked and cancelled after those initial crappy photos, this really looks fantastic! My expectations for the Premium art just leveled-up.

#5294 5 years ago

Man I hope the Premium sucks--I really don't wanna come up with the extra coin, but if it looks anything near as nice as the LE, I'll cave...

#5389 5 years ago

Do you need to use Bally bolts with the B/W leg plates, or will the Stern bolts work?

#5400 5 years ago

The Pro didn't play any better (without issues)?

#5416 5 years ago

I think I'm adding the B/W leg plates, it can't do anything other than solidify the corner cabinet joint (I'm betting).

#5437 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Are you talking about CRACKING or the seam telegraphing through the finish?
Look at the JJP pic, the joint has opened up right on the tip of the corner.
If there was a decal over that joint, it would of course be torn.

My experience is that neither plywood nor MDF are really good at holding a corner joint, especially if stressed.

#5443 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Plus corner braces.
Sometimes I wonder if the cabinet cracking is partially because the leg bolts have been over tightened.
Rob

That is really a good thought, it definitely would not help the stress on the corner.

#5614 5 years ago

Sounds to me like the box was forked/dropped/thrashed so they opened it up to see if pin was OK (or not).

#5616 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Why not just say that then... I caught him on a few other questionable statements..... I'm kinda pretty pissed.

After paying what you did for this, I'd also be pissed and feel cheated out of the unboxing. I'd want a better explanation and a monetary atonement, I think.

#5640 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Well I just received a text with a pic of the machine back in the box. They are claiming it was never setup now and Factory Sealed...
Then a phone call saying they returned the machine back to Stern to have it reboxed... All this happened from 2:15pm until 3:44pm............
I am at a loss of words...
I emailed Stern so see what they say.

Totally bizarre, what in the world is really going on here?

#5669 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Distributor told me it first then changed the story to it was never setup and factory sealed and then I confirmed by calling Jim Belt from Stern.

None of this makes any sense to me.

#5762 5 years ago
Quoted from vex:

Geez, I guess Stern wants to sell a crap load of these, I cant remember the last time a new game recieved so much coding love right out of the gate from them.

Maybe Oribitor 1?

#5764 5 years ago

I'm impressed with your tech and diagnosing skills. Stern should hire you for assembly quality control.

#5773 5 years ago

I think he's been fixing it a lot more than playing it...

#5890 5 years ago

The upgrade to Premium just doesn't pencil out. I'm not sure I'm in for anymore of the Egyptian theme than is already incorporated into the art (and I like the Trooper art better). That being said, if the Premium artwork totally kills it, I just might bite the bullet and upgrade to get the (overpriced) extra features because I like this pin so much.

#5893 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It would have been nice had Stern made 666 LEs like they should have, especially with 300 going overseas right off the top...

That is really thinking and would have been perfect, but I doubt anyone at Stern in charge of negotiating licenses knows Iron Maiden from Menudo...

#5898 5 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Yes, I’m sure NOBODY at Stern knows Iron Maiden... they are so obscure after all.

Someone didn't know them well enough to know the significance of obtaining a license to make 666 LE's...

#5901 5 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Oh didn’t they? You don’t think the band and Stern had conversations about it? Also I couldn’t tell you how many times the same thing was mentioned to them and they responded in posts that I have seen.

No, I don't think they had that conversation during the negotiations with the band, regardless of what Stern might say.

#5915 5 years ago

I got this info from an unreliable source regarding part of the negotiations between the band and Stern. It went something like this:

Stern: So boys, we'd like to buy the rights of the band to do a pinball machine--if you are up for it. We saved pinball, you know... Now, what kind of music do you play, again?

Band Rep: (Incredulously) Well mate, our millions of fans world-wide think we play very good music.

Stern: Super! That's good, kind of like KISS--right?

Band Rep: Yeah, sure--now how much are we gonna make off each machine?

Stern: Same deal we cut with all the other rock bands. And, we make all the Pros and Premiums we want, but only 500 LE's.

Steve Harris: So, the LE's are worth more than the others?

Stern: Oh yeah, we make a lot more money on those--exclusive, you know!

Nicko McBrain: Wouldn't 666 make a lot more sense for us; that last machine would be worth quite a few extra quid...

Stern: ...Nah, we only make 500 to keep up the exclusivity. Why would anyone want number 666?

Steve Harris: You are missing the boat here, Guv'nor, but suit yourself. And, by-the-way, we want 50 LE's for the band...

#5940 5 years ago

Stern could have sold 1266 LE's, but really missed a marketing bomb by not creating #666. That particular pin would have been tracked by pinheads in perpetuity and would always be the most expensive IMDN pin in existence if it ever hit the open market. 666 LE's was a no brainer if someone at Stern had been a real fan of the band. But say you really wanted to roll the dice and go all in on Maiden--#1158 would also have generated a lot of interest.

#6192 5 years ago

I had talked myself into springing for a Premium--but that is just too much of an Egyptian overload for me. The Trooper cab art gives it more of a balance. I'm happy that others really like it, but I think I'm going Pro...

#6298 5 years ago

I wish they wouldn't have swapped the LE and Premium art--then I'd be buying a Premium...

I find it interesting that the band must have liked the original battlefield Premium artwork the best (and wanted it switched to the LE version--which they reportedly took 50 of). Probably caused most of the photo release problems. Bummer, I'd love to have seen the battlefield artwork on the more affordable Premiums.

#6444 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

What is up with all this clipping with the JBL speakers? I have been buying Flipper Fidelity speakers for a while now and they sound absolutely incredible at any volume. No clipping.

My guess would be the FF's are a lot more efficient than the JBL's.

#6464 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Yea not bad but u will need it shipped now which will add another 300-500. The premium looks great and is around 7-7200 shipped and has most of the same stuff . Apparently there were a few cancellations since the premium release and there are still some le left at around 9k....

If you have a solid line on a 9K LE, please send it my way.

#6478 5 years ago

Looks like a long wait--I was told 2-3 weeks for Premiums, next run of Pros after that.

#6556 5 years ago

I heard Premiums, but someone else may have better info.

#6659 5 years ago

I have a feeling the Premium run bumped another Pro run. I was told 2 weeks ago more Pros would be out end of May, first of June. Gonna be Premiums instead.

#6661 5 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

- Trooper Locks - right spinner lockout time reduced from 2s to 1.5s

Wow, that is really doing some fine tuning! This is really going to be something when the code is completed.

1 week later
#6894 5 years ago

Pretty much like this, I'm told...

81927 (resized).jpg81927 (resized).jpg
#6918 5 years ago

Would be cool to invent a clip and name it after yourself...

2 weeks later
#7023 5 years ago

Stern is gonna be grinding IMDN's out for a long time before they come close to catching up with demand.

#7069 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

You are going to have a ball...on the 4th of July!

Not sure, but I'm betting the 4th doesn't have quite the same pop in the UK as it does in the Colonies...

1 month later
#7123 5 years ago

We did all the heavy lifting, you new owners keep this going

#7127 5 years ago
Quoted from charles4400:

Replacement orb and sarc. target stems (pointier ones) are back in stock. Just got mine in today.

Thanks for the heads-up--I'll start hoping mine arrive again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 24.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

Wanted
6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider billy16.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday?tu=billy16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.