20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #390 Stern Official Teaser Video Link for Iron Maiden Pinball Posted by Pinballrocks (6 years ago)

Post #798 Quick intro on Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by TheLaw (6 years ago)

Post #920 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by Apollyon (6 years ago)

Post #1351 Link to short video clip of the Pro Model livestream on 3/27 Posted by Sparky (6 years ago)

Post #1675 Video of LE features missing from Pro that Prem/LE will have Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #1682 Link to hi-res PDF of the feature matrix for Iron Maiden Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #2080 Premium/LE different ramp cutout (Pharaoh head) picture Posted by Pinzzz (6 years ago)

Post #2146 Link to gameplay video from Pro version in Europe Posted by Concretehardt (6 years ago)

Post #2498 Deadflip video on YouTube link. Posted by FalconPunch (6 years ago)

Post #2665 Iron Maiden Pro live stream link from Stream #2 Posted by Asael (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tranquilize.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1049 6 years ago

Big shout out to JJP and other newer companies for forcing Stern to produce such a stunning machine! This game looks amazing, and it's great that many more people will be exposed to some Maiden. I agree that Judas Priest would have been way better for music, but Iron Maiden kills all other bands for the skid-metal theme. This is the pin should be pictured with an 80s skid, the onion, smoke, old-booze smelling hair-bag who sold weed out of the local arcade.

As for the layout, this game looks like a player's pin. That left ramp looks like one of the hardest ramps ever produced; most of the other shots look pretty tight.

Does the jump shot lead to a magnet or just a standup?

Now.... is it worth the cash with the stern cheapness and constipated code? Anyone have a link for Keith's comments about code?

2 weeks later
#2729 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The playfield looks very cool with some neat shots but the presentation of the LCD comes across at times as a 3rd party desktop theme for Windows due to what is essentially a column of icons...I think the animations and LCD layout on Aerosmith and Star Wars are far more impressive. Looking forward to playing a pro locally on location soon.

I think the icons are AWESOME! Now you can look up at the screen and know your progress on certain parts of the game instantly. I hope this is a continued trend. Also, the font being simple is another plus to me. Readability is everything. I want to look up, get my info and get back to play instantly. Nothing worse than searching on the screen (Star wars) and returning to a preventable drain.

#2838 6 years ago

I'm in on and LE, and I'm hoping and guessing the following for their battlefield art package:

Cabinet art:
Legacy of the beast - cabinetLegacy of the beast - cabinet

Translite art:
Legacy of the beast - TransliteLegacy of the beast - Translite

I have no idea, and my guess is solely based on the rumours on the forum, but I'd be very satisfied with this art. I hope its at least this good!

#2872 6 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

Not really a fan of the powerslave art so if anyone can point me in the direction of a available LE (doubtful I know). Would love to upgrade but hey my own fault for not securing one years ago when Stern first got the license. Just thought I was done with pinball collecting.

Look up the distributors on Stern's list and email all of them and ask to get on their cancellation list. That's what I did, and I received about 4 offers within a week. Seeing that the price is so high and the reveal has not happened, I'd say your chances are good.

Jon Kleiman at Pioneer Sales, WI, had one, and his service is great. It's probably gone though. As I said, 15 minutes of emailing will likely get you an LE. It will be worth it, if you ask me.

#3076 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

So i guess you're pretty happy with your purchase then?
Now for the big question. ......Iron Maiden or Dialed in? If one had to go which one would it be?

I own dialed in, and I'm in on an IMDN LE, but I'm pretty sure that while this game is going to be epic in both design and ruleset, DI LE will be the champ due to build quality, full sewer, serviceable boards, 5 magnets, two extra lcds, unbelievable animations, Lowler gameplay, Bluetooth connectivity, and unmatched customer service. This is all at the same price. Comparing gameplay is a bit apples to oranges, but simply put, JJP isn't so damn cheap thay they can't put enough wire in the game for a convenient switch.... All that said, I'm still super excited to get my LE. Damn you, Stern!

#3095 6 years ago
Quoted from Vesper:

Like that ever works. Seriously, it's is very unreliable at least on my machine. Everything else I agree with you on - love my Dialed In!

A little off topic, but I'll be quick: I ziptied my dongle up near the lockdown bar, on the wires going to the coin door, and I've had no problems since. I think the bluetooth has trouble getting out of the cabinet where they situated it.

#3105 6 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Hey Eric, great to hear you are blown away! Congrats on the new pin.
For over a year, I was excited about Spooky's ACNC. After seeing ACNC, wasn't thrilled about the haunted house focus. Alice isn't really featured on the PF...not a traditional music themed pin focused on band art/music/etc.. Apparently, Spooky received feedback that folks were tired of music themed pins (which explained their design point). Maiden is proof that folks still dig the music formula when you have great artwork, layout, and rules. I'm more of an Alice Cooper fan than Iron Maiden, but Stern will be getting my $$ this time around...
snaroff

I think many pinheads are absolutely, 100% sick of Stern's music pins, myself included. I love Maiden, but I would trade the maiden theme for an original theme any day. It is the design and ruleset that is attracting the world to this pin. Read this thread if you need proof of how many people would prefer a different theme. It sounds like this Maiden pin isn't as music-centric as many of the previous band pins, which is a step in the right direction. One of the primary draws of DI is the originality of the theme, even if people struggle with it.

#3111 6 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I never realized there was this much hate for Iron Maiden until this thread. I've been listening to them since 85, though I stopped listing to their newer stuff after no prayer for the dying. Still, I don't get it. They are story tellers in their songs, so very few of their songs revolve around booze, drugs, and women. Maybe that's the issue? I mean we've had far worse bands then these guys (I won't give names, but you can figure it out if you think about it) with pins dedicated to them.

They are a metal band, pure and simple. On top of that, they are the 70s/80s style sound, like Judas Priest. The majority of people don't like metal, let alone a high-pitched sub-genre. I happen to love Maiden and Priest, but I get some interesting looks from some of my newer friends when I'm listening to either in the garage. With regard to sub-genre, think about a Slayer pin. It would receive a worse response. Maiden at least has their history of killer art to support the theme. I totally see the argument against it, and Stern is lucky that the design is so good.

#3113 6 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

This machine is awesome.
Love the extra slings and goodie bag on this one. Love the plastics.
Love the rails on the game.
Love the handle on the back of playfield.
Stern thanks for listening.

SWEET! You mean I have less to complain about with regard to Stern? I would have never predicted such a moment. A handle makes the shitty playfield mechanics a little less shitty. Rails instead of shitty posts? It's almost like the competition of an open market is having an effect on the company. Now if we could only get the power button back to where it belongs, my outlook toward Stern might actually enter the positive side. I'm aghast!

#3130 6 years ago
Quoted from facelift:

Not sure why you think we all care that you "couldn't care less about Iron Maiden"
You've mentioned it in several posts.
Stern put this Iron Maiden pin out for the massive fan base the band has. I'm a fan and love the music. "Boring" to YOU, not Iron Maiden fans, so your opinion is moot.
Don't like Maiden? There are lots of other pins to play or purchase.

He was responding to me saying that most people don't like metal... Responding to a cordial conversation about why some people don't like the pin. Many non-Maiden fans are considering the pin because of the features. I love Iron Maiden, but I get why others do not, so his opinion, to me, is completely valid and invited. Just because you love the music does not mean those who do not cannot express their opinion about the machine. What is the point of a "forum"?

#3132 6 years ago

Lol, when I ziptie my dongle near the lockdown bar, I'm forced to play pinball until either the ziptie breaks or my dongle falls off...

#3202 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Iā€™m curious if this a widespread practice and if I should be doing this...when your balls get scratched up do you just re-tumble them? I assume unless thereā€™s a big nick or deep scratch you can keep tumbling them?

I tumble all balls twice per year for three days with walnut and some polish. 95% of the balls go back into the machines glossy. 5% have gouges or start to show signs of the disco ball effect. I give the damaged ones to kids that play the games. A pinball is the ultimate gift, assuming they don't eat it.

#3207 5 years ago
Quoted from Slugmeister:

Me either...who sells these.Oh and not to be off topic Iron Maiden Rules!

I put my balls in this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001MYGLJC/ref=sspa_dk_detail_1

Feels great, and the results are astounding.

#3230 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

As an operator I can understand not wanting to change balls too often. But there is no way walnut media is abrasive enough to smooth scratches/burrs on a steel ball. All its doing is polishing the surface so you don't notice it. If your goal is to make your balls look nice and shiny, then go for it. If you're changing your balls because they are damaged, a tumbler won't make any difference.

I also have to disagree with you. There are a few threads on pinside where pinheads show close up photos and even zooms to show what tumbling does. In my experience, it brings the balls back to new, which means that there are still scratches, but they are small enough that the human eyes sees very few of them. It definitely works and is cheaper and probably works out better for the environment.

I know I'm mostly on my own with this one, but I think ball wear on PFs is exaggerated anyway. I've seen machines 100% neglected by operators for years, and the PFs are perfectly fine when cleaned up and buffed.

#3234 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No, that's what I'm talking about, they ditched the crappy pegs and put real service rails back on the Pro, starting with Iron Maiden. Ridiculous that Stern has cost cut so hard that we're getting excited about SERVICE RAILS, but it's a little progress back in the right direction for Stern.

Don't forget the handle at the back!

Now we can hope for w/b style spring pivots and lockdown bar handles and better cabinet wood and a convenient power button and serviceable boards and lightshow backglasses and... oh, never mind. IRON MAIDEN!!!!!

#3244 5 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Avengers is a very underrated game imo. The layout is refreshing to play and its a challenge.

vomit.gif.gifvomit.gif.gif

#3246 5 years ago
Quoted from Raincity:

I'm pretty damned excited to play IMDN, and it looks like it's nearly the complete package. I can't be the only one that thinks that the 3d animations and the font look like a late 90's Midway arcade game though, right? Those assets are just bad. The 2d Eddie graphics look great, but man - the 3d models are ROUGH.

I'm thinking/hoping they were only able to get the modelling done before they shipped the pro, and texturing will likely be added with future updates. Stern is the worst offender, by far, for shipping an incomplete product, so we must work with assumptions until they officially abandon the pin. Luckily, we have Keith's rules and design.

#3261 5 years ago
Quoted from Sammy31:

.... and here we go again with the early buyers claiming their game is the best ever....IMDN debuts at number one on pinside...
....maybe it is, I haven't tried it yet, but then again I don't rate games after a few plays...

I agree that this skews the top 100. MB will be #1 when the remake comes out. ToM will be in the top 5 when it happens for that title. Look at the aerosmith reviews. Each person that "currently owns this game" rates it above 9. That game is a fan layout, a kiss remake, and it's top 20. To be fair, I've done similar with DILE...

#3268 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I think the display is perfect for Pinball. Itā€™s simple and legible. Itā€™s not a video game weā€™re playing, itā€™s pinball. That said; yes there is room for improvement but glad it displays info I can see and read quickly while playing....almost like a dmd but better.

Dialed in displays all the useful information you need, but the animations look like Pixar made them. Stern should up their game if a recent startup can produce such magnificent visuals. Yes, information should be readily accessible, but it doesn't have to look like a c-grade college student made the animations.

#3270 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

I guess the LE/prem reveal is tomorrow.

Source? Not insinuating an untruth, but confirmation would make a lot of pinsiders happy!

#3412 5 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

lol. That is the second best Stern IMHO (only behind TWD) and I have rated it very fairly based on my rating criteria. Great playing game but it gets hurt for music/theme and lastability.

Clearly lasability is an easy one to nail down on a pin that's been out for a couple weeks. I often hate Stern as much as the next guy, but judging by your other reviews, you have a serious issue with subjectivity. "I don't like it" = unsupported rating.

If you disagree, why not spend some time writing up a quick review?

#4373 5 years ago
Quoted from RVH:

Just plug in a full stack of Marshallā€™s and be done with it!
Thatā€™s what Iā€™m gonna do.

I literally have the setup below for Iron Man. I ran out of subs, but my scorpion bass amp works surprisingly well. sub (resized).jpgsub (resized).jpg

#4408 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Rofl sweet! I have the same exact amp in my closet (haven played my bass in YEARS). I may have to try this even though I have Polk Sub on my maiden that does the job right. Kudos to you sir love it!
Edit: I actually donā€™t have the same amp now that I think about. But same size mini amp. Times like this I wish I had my 8 10ā€ bass cab

I had to use the eq and bass/treb pots to fake a crossover, so your sub will do better for separation, but the amp still produces close to the same! The nice part is that you can turn it up way more than a sub, like, all the way to eleven!

#4482 5 years ago

After the hi-rez pics, the LE looks crazy awesome! Would I prefer a killers themed machine? YES! But this machine is based on the Legacy of the Beast franchise, and it should be judged accordingly. It matches that theme wonderfully. I cannot wait to see it in person! Up the irons!

#4491 5 years ago
Quoted from FlipMyBalls:

LE paid in full! Coming to canada! I heard a rumor theres only 10 in canada? Unsure if its true or not

Itā€™s around that, but I know of a few that are being imported. My guess is about 20 will end up in Canada from the initial sale. I was lucky and jumped on a cancellation at starburst.

#4563 5 years ago
Quoted from DerGoetz:

I heard it's green and red....

I doubt the green and red will look bad in person. I'm pretty sure the premium will be similar, being that all models are based on the game, not old IM art. That being said, Pharaoh Eddie will look awesome, and the machine might get yellow/blue, which would be cool.

Pharoah EddiePharoah Eddie

pharaoh eddie2 (resized).jpgpharaoh eddie2 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#5790 5 years ago

I agree that pins are rarely made to spec. Take a look at older W/B machines. Different copies of the games can play vastly different. I'm still working with JJP to get my DILE fixed up to spec, but I ordered an early one and expected to go through the process of replacing parts and upgrading parts. Now, all this said, Stern is known to run the tightest ship with regard to cost and profits, and this is only slightly changing due to competition. In my opinion, they still deserve the criticism of using cheap components and running less diligent quality control. Pinball is hard, but Stern is also cheap.

#5866 5 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

God, I hate flippers. I guess I also hate the dumbasses who this behavior also.

I also hate the haters of the dumbasses who this behavior also again!

#5870 5 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Good lord, I hate cell phone editing. All your fortress are belong to me. Lol

Lol!!!!

#5873 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Wow I canā€™t even imagine! My craniotomy was a brutal surgery to go thru, the thought of going thru 3 brain surgeryā€™s in a year makes my stomach turn!
I joked with my wife that after they removed the tumor from my brain that maybe I would have a super power like bending spoons with my mind or something, I hadnā€™t thought about double sex drive but I guess that could be consider a super power.

On-call live catches?

#6285 5 years ago

Well, I don't mind the premium at all, but which version has the best balance of art and features?

For art, first there are the backglasses:

Iron Maiden BackglassesIron Maiden Backglasses

I would say they are all great.
- The pro offers the greatest variety, but cyborg isn't my fav.. Still great.
- The LE has a trooper focus, which is great, and the nuke is cool. The tank and game-based characters are not so good. The big plus is that it's mirrored. This could push it over the other two.
- The Premium is super cool. I like the color scheme and balance of figures. There is less going on in this one, which is a good thing. It's more thematic than the other two, but the Eddie is far more cartoonish, as if he came out of a Saturday morning special.

Second, the side art:

Iron Maiden Side ArtIron Maiden Side Art
- The pro is straight up Trooper, which is awesome. This looks the closest to classic maiden. The backbox has killers, which is KILLER!
- The LE has the plane (Bruce's choice, obviously), which is far better in high-rez than I thought it would be. Foil likely makes it even better. The Aces High backbox Eddie looks really cool too.
- The Premium is mummy Eddie blasting through the title. It looks like it says "Ironden Beast." It's cool, but I find it plain compared to the other two. The back box looks similarly plain from the full pin photo below, but I'd have to see a better picture.

Third, the full pins:
Iron Maiden all modelsIron Maiden all models
- The pro looks great with its less busy cab. The translite looks busy though. Colour scheme is great.
- The LE does look like an xmas tree in this photo, but the owner photos prove this wrong. It is darker and better blended than it appears.
- the Prem looks like Indy, which isn't necessarily bad. With black T-molding, it will look great. This model has essentially a two-color theme, which is good!

With regard to overall art, they all look great. In person, it may be far different. I'd say the LE would have a chance edging the other two out with the foil and mirrored backglass. That being said, the color scheme and simplicity of the pro or premium might do the same.

To conclude about art, I'd say they are pretty close to equal. Each has both good and bad attributes.

Finally, features:
- To me, this is where the pro is out. The lock and ramp features of the other two are awesome, although I've only played the pro. Maybe the other features will negatively affect gameplay.
- If cost is an issue, the pro is a FANTASTIC value.
- I'm hoping to see the LE and Premium side-by-side to see if the foil and mirrored bg push the LE over the top.

I WANT ALL THREE!

#6294 5 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

That pic of the Pro backglass is wrong... it doesn't have the angled "IRON MAIDEN" text.

True. It was a high rez that I found quick. It's not that much of a difference, and the angled lettering is below that pic in the pic of the full pin if you're concerned.

#6449 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Feel bad for the people that cldnt wait and paid way to much for a le.

Don't bother. Most of us are extremely happy with the LE. To me, it's the better of the three, and I'm willing to pay for the better of the three.

#6452 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Im talking about the ones that paid scalper prices not the distro ones. Hate when people only quote part of what someone says and makes it look like they said something they didnt lol.

Totally my bad. I did read the entire post, but totally misunderstood you. Apologies.

#6501 5 years ago
Quoted from RyThom:

The only reasons I could see someone not enjoying Iron Maiden pinball:
- you just HAVE to have a bash toy (though the captive ball almost counts)
- you like easy ramp shots (these are not easy, but so, so satisfying)
- you don't dig "intensity" (there's lightning and Satan all over this thing, and it moves)
- you think four flippers is two too many
Seriously, I am struggling to find negatives about this game. Someone early on in one if the main threads said how we're all "exploring" this game and they totally nailed it. This game has nuance and secrets - so much to see and do and learn about. And it works, and it's affordable and it's most importantly FUN!!

As an LE buyer who has not received his game yet, I can already fill in a few negatives for you. After all, this is Pinside!

1. Stern quality. There are bound to be issues out of box with all pins, but Stern goes the extra mile here. You might hit the jackpot with a splitting cab or parts that aren't even attached etc. Who knows how the game will hold up over time.

2. Physics of the machine, which is closely related to quality. The ball launch not making it smoothly up the loop is likely going to be an issue with all copies of this machine over time. Stern has cheaped out on their launchers for quite some time. They are always weak in my opinion, and this will not change, even if you pay 20k for a super-duper pooper-scooper LLLLLE.

3. Theme. Some will nearly have a stroke listening to Maiden while they play. Luckily, my older brother was a skid growing up, and I received a good dose of Maiden, Priest, Manowar etc. I can easily see many not liking Maiden at all.

4. As you mentioned, the tight ramps. Most of Stern's ramps of late are this design. It's okay, but it takes a lot of flow away. If you look at a game like Iron Man, the ramps are bit easier, but it does not make the game itself easy. I don't mind this, but some others likely will.

5. Lack of a major interactive toy. The sarcophagus on the Prem and LE is great, but it's not a major toy. On a JJP machine, this would be considered a minor toy. How about a ball lock that goes into a plane that moves down the PF like the car in police force, a system 11 game.. Or maybe a full sewer system? Batman 66 has way more going on than maiden.

All this said, I love the machine and look forward to getting it next week, but there's always room for criticism.

#6504 5 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Don't worry, the game is fantastic. Quality, check. Physics, check--ball launch is perfect and doesn't get old. Theme, check. Ramps, excellent. Lack of toy, doesn't matter. Home run! I have BM66 and they are great together.

I hope I'm as lucky!

#6507 5 years ago
Quoted from dgoett:

Actually they just changed them not too long ago to Williams style. I had an original Met Monsters with old style and changed it out for the new style. It works WAY better and seems more reliable.

Yep. A bunch in my case, but I documented some earlier in the thread so some tweaking will make it solid. Agree for $9k is should be plug and play, but they do bounce down the interstate in a back of a truck handled by people who don't give a shit, so switches can fall out of adjustment easily.

That's great news about the launchers! Totally agree about shipping and minor adjustments. I'll be quick to jump on here and commend Stern if my game shows up and only needs small adjustments. Fingers crossed!

#6641 5 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

Tomorrow I find out if my good Stern NIB Karma continues. Back YEE GREMLINS AND BAD SARCAAAAPHOOOGUSSSSSS!!! I have not the time for you!
But serious hoping for a uneventful delivery with a virgin carton sitting on a pallet without major forklift holes!
One can dream right?

I find out if my expensive toy is broken or neglected on Wednesday!

#6709 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Alright... So I changed my avatar. I hope you all are happy!

Not at all. I was hoping for a close-up of a bicep and a peck, nipple included.

#6750 5 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Mine was really early and shipped with .91 code.
Re:auto plunger- figure out if its hitting off the bottom of the upper right flipper pr exiting the shooter lane at too low of a trajectory. This is most easily accomplished by going to the menu, diags, coil test and testing the kick out coil. It'll spit a ball out and launch it. Get up close with the glass off and make sure it's not hitting the upper right flipper and determine if it's hitting high or low of the target loop. Remove the right middle plastic to reveal the adjustment screw for the top rail of the shooter lane. Adjust and retest.
Mine was giving me a fit as I thought it was set too low and it turned out it was just *barely* grazing the upper right flipper about 1/10 times.
If your manual plunger is not dead center both left right and up down it will also cause missed and rattling through the loop making the super skill shot very hard to obtain.

Thanks for posting this as Iā€™m having the same issue. Your post should be linked on the home page of this thread as everyone will have to do this adjustment eventually.

#6768 5 years ago
Quoted from starbase:

#103 has been pretty much a nightmare since opening breaking my streak of minor to no issues with nib Stern games. I sort of knew what problems I would have out of the box. Did not expect to have my ramp frozen in the up position since this raising ramp has been in a bunch of other games over the years. But like the sarcophagus the ramp mech could be an issue for some.
I love the game (only have 3 games on it)and will fix my issues but in a week when premiums start showing up, people are going to freak over the same issues I am having. Quite obvious from talking to Stern tech that they really did not perfect either of these two upgrade features and are dealing with a ton of issues from owners like me.
Worst part is I see nothing wrong visually with either mech. Going to take apart the ramp over this weekend and hopefully find something wrong. My guess it's a coil issue (I hope).

Donā€™t take apart the ramp. I had the same issue. If yours is the same, the back part of your ramp has a sharp lower edge and is rubbing and catching on the ball guide behind and below it. Itā€™s sharp metal on metal and causes it to stick just long enough that the release coil has finished its attempt to let the ramp down. My fix was to put a tiny bit of 3in1 oil on a qtip and run a little oil on the ball guide. Problem solved. In my opinion, these should not be touching, so Iā€™ll be looking at adjusting the coil and/or coil stop so the ramp does not raise so high, thus not rubbing the ball guide.

#6776 5 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I did that same thing and the ramp started getting stuck again after about 10-15 games or so.
Just installed the new ramp assembly that Stern sent me and its perfect again for now.

Mine has been fine for about 30 games so far. What was different about your new assembly?

#6787 5 years ago
Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Just a question when I see some videos: isnā€™t it too tough to keep an eye on the lower flippers, on the upper right flipper and the more upper left flipper on multiball?

Once you get used to the gameplay, you can move your focus around. I find that I can still know where the lower balls are for short bursts of attention up top. Thereā€™s nothing cooler than hammering 3+ Big loops during multiball without losing a ball! Nailing the large and small loop at the same time is epic, epic, epic!

#6794 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I've played both and to be honest there isn't much in it; although I always go LE or Premium for the full show (lights etc).
Neil.

I find them to be quite different yet in subtle ways. The LE/premium add a little more stop and go to an insanely fast game. This allows for a better mental balance in my opinion. I also find some of the modes to be better with the underworld, and the left orb is a great addition. Lastly, instant mummy multiball is so much better! I've found my LE to be more enjoyable than the pro. The pro is still a great game though and kills it on bang for buck.

#6807 5 years ago
Quoted from jefryan:

In Chicago on a business trip and stopped by Stern today (thanks Zach). Premiums all along the production line being made. What a killer site it was.

Pix, or it didnā€™t happen!

#6848 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Sure settings can be changed, but who does that esp. on location.

Considering quite a few settings are designed specifically for games on location, many operators would make the adjustment if they considered it an issue. In this case, it is there to add entertainment value for newbs as this game would be tough for them. Watch newbs walk up to kiss, for example. They walk up excited by the big gene head but soon walk away after three plays dumbfounded by the raping they just received. Iron maiden has a much better chance of another round of coin drop.

#6916 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

So, when did the tilt bob get so light? It feels about half the weight of what I was expecting.
No big deal, just curious.

The Bob is complete shit. If you tighten the screw with little pressure the threads become powder in your hand. I had to rethread mine and did so easily in my hand. Absolute junk metal compressed together. They will very likely fall apart in your cab in a year or so.

#6919 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You're better off using a wing nut on top and a tinnerman fastener on the bottom of the rod to secure the tilt bob (or two wing nuts, one top and one bottom). No problems with the crappy quality of the tilt bob material, then.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/20-10289

If I get the time, Iā€™ll thread the wire so I can use a w/b wing on it. Prob swap the bob too.

#6921 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No need to buy another bob. They're just weight.
Your rod that the bob hangs on wasn't threaded?? In that case just use a tinnerman fastener and be done with it.

Stern uses the screw through the side style, so I assumed itā€™s not threaded. I could use a fastener, but I have a tap and die kit and many wings on hand. Ten minute job.

#6936 5 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

More
Hey, I fucked up too. I bought it based on how the pin played with early code and thought, "sure- they'll polish and add more shit to it - but for now it's pretty cool"
Well, that didn't happen.
I used to see people refer to Lonnie, the coder for Aerosmith - as "Lazy Lonnie" because of the whole KISS fiasco. I wrote it off as sure - how can you mess up twice ?
Well, as you can see, Lonnie has lived up to his name and I'll NEVER buy a game coded by him, no matter the theme or anything.
You will be left holding the bag and taking a loss just to move it for something better in it's place. That should be IMDN.

Lonnie must have coded buck Hunter... Fun game completely ruined by prematurely abandoned code. Code status and Elwin are the only reasons I broke my "NEVER BUY A STERN UNTIL IT'S OUT FOR FIVE YEARS!!!!" rule.

2 weeks later
#7102 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I think the Premium has more purple in the artwork vs. the Pro which is more of an aqua blue. Aside from that I think the artwork is pretty much identical.

More purple you say? Well worth the upgrade!

#7105 5 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

So after upgrading my LE to the newest code my backbox lights are out. Well, not completely, just really dim. Adjustments do nothing.
During the update my backbox leds were pulsing brighter and darker randomly.
Any ideas?? Checked all cables back there...

They did change the default menu/edit brightness to 2%. You tried adjusting the brightness in backbox brightness settings? There are a few in there. If it's always had issues, I'd find out where those LEDs are connected and check the connection. If it only happened after code, try reinstalling code.

#7107 5 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

I saw the "service led brightness" was set to 2%...I upped it to 100 and nothing happened. I will dig into the settings some more and see if I am missing one of the settings. Thanks!

Strange. It should change as you're changing settings if you're changing the service brightness. Does zero turn it off? If it's not responding at all, we're back to either a physical issue or code. Oh, wait, this is Stern. Could be both!

#7112 5 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

If code was the problem with the backbox lights, then everyone would be having the problem and they would fix it pronto.

Not true. See Stern's response above.

#7114 5 years ago
Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Yes, true. SD cards and CPU's are not software code.

Quoted from LOTR_breath:

Yes, true. SD cards and CPU's are not software code.

Wow.... Installation. Code. Process. Yes, it isn't the exact computer code.

6 months later
#7146 5 years ago

I've played both thoroughly and I'm happy I went with the LE. I think the mech issues are blown out of proportion by very loud complainers. Many, like me, have had no issues. The premium is Elwin's full design and is way better to me. As others have said, play both if you can.

1 week later
#7149 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Well, to be fair, NONE of them are Elwin's "full" original design. Lots of cool Archer features were cut. Vari-target and subways, for one (for two?).

Very true. Stern seems to hate sewers. It's a shame as they are one of my favorite features.

1 week later
#7162 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Iā€™m still thinking about this game, my sensible side says I should just buy an IMDN pro, but the unreasonable side of me wants an LE or at least a Premium.

The small additions create big, big changes in gameplay. I still play the pro when I can. It's fast and fun, but the momentary breaks from the fury are a great time to strategize and enjoy the booming tunes. Worth the cash? That one appears to be debatable. Not to me though.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tranquilize.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday?tu=tranquilize and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.