20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #390 Stern Official Teaser Video Link for Iron Maiden Pinball Posted by Pinballrocks (6 years ago)

Post #798 Quick intro on Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by TheLaw (6 years ago)

Post #920 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by Apollyon (6 years ago)

Post #1351 Link to short video clip of the Pro Model livestream on 3/27 Posted by Sparky (6 years ago)

Post #1675 Video of LE features missing from Pro that Prem/LE will have Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #1682 Link to hi-res PDF of the feature matrix for Iron Maiden Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #2080 Premium/LE different ramp cutout (Pharaoh head) picture Posted by Pinzzz (6 years ago)

Post #2146 Link to gameplay video from Pro version in Europe Posted by Concretehardt (6 years ago)

Post #2498 Deadflip video on YouTube link. Posted by FalconPunch (6 years ago)

Post #2665 Iron Maiden Pro live stream link from Stream #2 Posted by Asael (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kermit24.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#510 6 years ago

It would have been great if Stern was more specific. Something like, "New game title announcement Saturday with photo reveal coming Tuesday!" I bet at least 20% of the people watching the stream were there to see the new game.

#536 6 years ago
Quoted from PismoArcade:

Please tell me that his actual last name is "Danger" and that he didn't give himself that name.

Hey buddy leave DeadFlip alone. Maybe Danger is his middle name just like Austin Powers, who cares... He works his tail off for pinball streaming usually every weeknight. I imagine he will be driving up to Wisconsin soon to show everyone Alice Cooper also. God knows Charlie can't film a pinball video to save his life (see Spooky's Facebook) Anyways, my point is that he isn't a Stern shill, just a good dude that streams a ton of pinball.

#538 6 years ago
Quoted from VacFink:

What no mention yet or abbreviation to its acronym? Fingher's crossed I'm the first!
IMLOTB
It just rolls of the tongue... wait let me get all of it...
SPIMLOTB.
Ahh. Much better.
If your interested in this band or this title I'm sure its golden, but really here, its title will forever be an acronym. So not time to dally.

IMDN

#544 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Hmm interesting! This is from another thread on IMDN

Yes this has been documented several times, except the Rick part. Keith himself confirmed that he did 100% of the rules on tilt forums also.

#1495 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yes you are wrong, it's $8500

$8500 is POTC Standard.

#1580 6 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Here we go again. The LE price gouge is in full swing
Why not? We pin buyers are stupid. Myself at the top of the list

I agree that the price is out of control... BUT at least Stern is now including more with the LE model. Anti-glare glass, better speakers, (exclusive) art blades, shooter rod, improved cabinet decals, shaker. Star Wars was basically the same price and received NONE of these upgrades. Not even a damn shaker!

#1585 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm trying to find it as well.
anyone know WHERE THE GAMEPLAY VIDEO is?
Sorry thread is moving so quickly.....

https://twitter.com/Dead_Flip/status/978786526200025090

Screen Shot 2018-03-28 at 8.57.59 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-03-28 at 8.57.59 PM (resized).png

#1637 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Like every other time a stern game was released, you'll have to call around. Every distributor charges a different price or adds a perk.
Ball park 5400 pro, 7300 premium USA pricing.

Pro is $5600 and Premium is $7300 street.

1 week later
#2048 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Stern is happy to provide Premiums pre-T-Nutted for shaker motors to squeeze another $99-$139 out of Premium owners.

Funny thing is everyone I know gets the lastest rev Pinball Life shaker. Works very well. At least the LE comes with a shaker. Sounds pathetic, but some recent LE models did NOT...

#2133 6 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

This was your biggest swing and a miss in quite a while. Normally, your humor is dead on.
Get the fuck back on track.

Nah it’s been off for about 9 months.

#2240 6 years ago

Maybe it was the beers, but those guys couldn’t hit the broadside of a barn.

#2475 6 years ago

This game is an absolute home run. Fantastic layout, clever rules. When Stern hired KME a year ago, I was excited for this reason. Fresh takes with 90's throwback feel. Just awesome.

#2528 6 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Newish... Picked up pinball only about a the last year or so... Started as a Virtual Pin guy... But, then got hooked and wanted the real thing... But, I just think its stupid in this day and age of limited attention span. To release a sub prime product. First impressions are the most important ones... Current generation generally doesn't have patience to see how things play out or to be fixed.
Also, how can your company move forward onto the next pins... If you're still working on the old ones... Smacks of laziness to me. I get it that these pins are complicated and complex... But, I still think its a strange policy.

Keith has said multiple times that this will launch basically code complete. This isn't BM66 or GOTG.

#2559 6 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

The delays were because Stern move factory.

GOT launched in the new factory, well before Ghostbusters.

#2560 6 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

That would not be a good example. There were huge delays because of PF issuer. That was like 10 months

GB Pro, Premium, and LE were all revealed on the same day. What is amazing is the hype they have created with JUST a Pro model to show...

#2563 6 years ago

yep, usually a small run of Pros, then LE.

#2594 6 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

So what is the official acronym for Iron Maiden. IM is already Iron Man........ Maybe IRMA or IMA

IMDN. This has been determined.

#2640 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

We were talking about this, we were considering Stern Iron Maiden - SIM.

ummmm there already is a Stern Iron Maiden

#2717 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

We couldn’t manual plunge up the orbit... but auto plunger did no problem

Maybe that is by design? Isn't the skill shot on the lower part of the playfield? I'll hopefully be playing one today!

#2764 6 years ago

So I played this last night at Portal Pinball Arcade in the Atlanta area... and it’s as awesome as reported. The is a massive amount of detail in the code and the layout is very well thought out. Just really fun to shoot.

Tons of callouts, you always know what to do. In the mode there you alternate ramp shots, if the left ramp is hit twice, the girls says “your other right”. Love it.

#2788 6 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

The plane in the background would be kewl imo (small). I was having visions of Eddie sitting in the cockpit front and center.
I'm sure it will badass....

Guys and gals, this is Zombie Yeti we are talking about. Of course it will be badass!!

#2793 6 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

Dumb question but is the sound in stereo?

Yes all spike system games are stereo.

3 weeks later
#5572 5 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I've only put a few games on mine. Code seems very multiball heavy and they are really easy to start? The modes seem pretty similar. Seems most have the same inserts lit? Maybe I'm missing something.

Yes you are. Read the backstage pass that goes over the rules.

Edit: someone already beat me to it!

#5584 5 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Can any LE owner confirm corner brackets?
SW LE AND premiums had them installed at factory.

Didn’t SW Premium have the corner brackets because of the Hyperloop? The corner brackets, not the Bally / Williams leg brackets.

#5836 5 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

Haha, look at this ugly mofo gryszowka!

He also needs a housekeeper.

#5904 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

The problem with most LE/Premium features in games is that Stern underutilizes them in code. They don't typically want to make the game experience that much different from the Pro. Things like the Iron Hyde playfield in transformers, the GOT upper playfield, ACDC lower playfield, X-Men pop-ups, etc. just don't get utilized to their full potential and don't have very good rules built around them. Maybe that will change on Maiden but as of now I don't think the extra premium features give you that much extra as far as gameplay enhancements go.

Star Wars is an exception IMO. Hyperspace multiball doesn't seem right with no balls whipping around the loop. The Hyperloop is awesome plus the Death Star shot with the ramp up is a totally different shot.

Also, Ghostbusters Pro doesn't even have a real right ramp, no physical subway lock, etc. But very little "code" needed to support those.

#5995 5 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

That was an old video, and he was talking about LE pics.

Correct. The video was live on Facebook a few days ago. Published today to YouTube.

#6442 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

CN5 can be output to a better powered amplifier for the regular speakers (so they don't crackle at high volume from clipping like the on-board spike amplifier does).

What is up with all this clipping with the JBL speakers? I have been buying Flipper Fidelity speakers for a while now and they sound absolutely incredible at any volume. No clipping.

Screen Shot 2018-05-17 at 8.30.41 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2018-05-17 at 8.30.41 PM (resized).png

#6455 5 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

Just because it starts clipping isn't the speakers, it's because you amplifier can't handle the load.

I view it as both - It's the speakers being a good match for the amplifier.

2 weeks later
#6903 5 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

So its a crap shoot. It is what it is. I'm sure that I'm sure that I'll have fun with it.
Does anyone have a clue what that get a room comment means? I really don't get it.

It probably is fatigue over the dimple discussion.

#6907 5 years ago
Quoted from andre060:

The high output Spike 2 kit, 8” version. Super easy installation, you lose about a 1/2” of wire on the cabinet speaker, otherwise completely reversible. And actually if you care you could unsolder the wires from the stock woofer and make it 100% reversible.
Iron Maiden is the first game I see that has connectors on all the speakers actually! I wouldn’t be surprised if future versions of the kits were plug and play.

I can't speak highly enough on that Flipper Fidelity kit. I have it on Star Wars and it is fantastic!

3 weeks later
#7079 5 years ago
Quoted from wcbu64:

I’m really glad I went with the LE with the upgraded sound system.

I bet those speakers don't clip.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
Machine - For Sale
Warren, OH
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 24.50
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
St. Charles, IL
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kermit24.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday?tu=kermit24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.