1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 7,167 posts
  • 672 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 months ago by Fezmid
  • Topic is favorited by 92 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 888 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

9C575F0A-1D88-44CA-9EB8-6B444307CEA7 (resized).jpeg
20180726_193050 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180619_202938 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180626_061913 (resized).jpg
20180625_090851 (resized).jpg
20180625_090605 (resized).jpg
IMG_0386 (resized).JPG
EC0D26C9-4574-415D-85B3-9B8AC424589E (resized).jpeg
20180622_172513 (resized).jpg
20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7167 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 144.
#5552 1 year ago
Quoted from ghostbc:

Are any other LE owners having trouble with ball getting stuck behind the left ramp(behind back panel ) sitting on switch hole? Also ball seems to get trapped in top far right corner on top of corner plastic behind post holding up rt ramp . Any advise greatly appreciated. I will be making the game a little steeper today but I don't think that will be enough to dislodge the ball from either stuck position .

I spent some time working on it yesterday and here are the fixes. The ball getting stuck behind the back panel was caused by the switch in the tunnel , when it is fully closed(actuated ) there can be a small amount of the switch still sticking up. The ball will get stuck on it even though it is just a little bit so give it a little bend so it is fully out of the way when fully depressed. I did not have one hang up there yesterday and the game got steady play all day.
The ball getting stuck behind the post in top right corner was solved with piece of clear lexan zip tied to the post it was getting stuck behind. No balls got stuck there after the fix as well.
I was also having the ball fly off the end of the right ramp with a hard hit. Solved this by making a small lexan dome to stop ball from jumping at end of ramp.
After the few tweaks the game plays excellent, every customer who played it walked away loving it , wanting it, even the guys who don't love the Iron Maiden music (and I have this game hooked up to PSW-10 sub and cranked up) shaking the whole building , said they were thinking about getting one.
I firmly believe this is Sterns best game in a long time. Enjoy

#5553 1 year ago
Quoted from ghostbc:

I spent some time working on it yesterday and here are the fixes. The ball getting stuck behind the back panel was caused by the switch in the tunnel , when it is fully closed(actuated ) there can be a small amount of the switch still sticking up. The ball will get stuck on it even though it is just a little bit so give it a little bend so it is fully out of the way when fully depressed. I did not have one hang up there yesterday and the game got steady play all day.
The ball getting stuck behind the post in top right corner was solved with piece of clear lexan zip tied to the post it was getting stuck behind. No balls got stuck there after the fix as well.
I was also having the ball fly off the end of the right ramp with a hard hit. Solved this by making a small lexan dome to stop ball from jumping at end of ramp.
After the few tweaks the game plays excellent, every customer who played it walked away loving it , wanting it, even the guys who don't love the Iron Maiden music (and I have this game hooked up to PSW-10 sub and cranked up) shaking the whole building , said they were thinking about getting one.
I firmly believe this is Sterns best game in a long time. Enjoy

Awesome glad you were able to fix these issues and they were easy tweaks!

#5554 1 year ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I've only put a few games on mine. Code seems very multiball heavy and they are really easy to start? The modes seem pretty similar. Seems most have the same inserts lit? Maybe I'm missing something.

You’re missing a lot

http://sternpinball.com/upload/games/iron-maiden/pro/IM%20Backstage%20Pass%20Rules.pdf

#5557 1 year ago

This game is freaking cool

#5558 1 year ago

I could do with a little less multi ball. Feels like I'm always in multi ball.

#5559 1 year ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I could do with a little less multi ball. Feels like I'm always in multi ball.

Chaining multiballs is the best way to get higher scores because your risk of losing the last ball is eliminated as long as you have at least 2 going. Unlike, say, The Hobbit, I actually kind of like the implementation of multiball chaining/stacking in Iron Maiden. You can make them harder to achieve in the settings, though, which would do what you're asking.

#5560 1 year ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Hey I think I know that location

Thanks for hosting Tuna for the stream! Was fun to see

#5561 1 year ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Thanks for hosting Tuna for the stream! Was fun to see

Always welcome back. I may finally get around to setting my rig back up for a little streaming that way any time Tuna wants to pop over he won't have to bring everything.

#5562 1 year ago

Is it bad to want all three models of this game,lol.
Played the pro this weekend,the game rocks for sure.
I can’t wait for my LE too get here.
It is shipping right now.

#5563 1 year ago
Quoted from pingod:

Is it bad to want all three models of this game,lol.
Played the pro this weekend,the game rocks for sure.
I can’t wait for my LE too get here.
It is shipping right now.

Not at all, I bought the LE for the gameplay and the Pro for the art.

#5564 1 year ago

Played the the Pro a few times this past week... man what an ace game!

I listened to Maiden growing up, but wasn't a major fan. That said I have never been grabbed by a pin on a first impression. It's the total package and the best there at the moment in terms of competition like POTC, TNA, Houdini, Alien, SW, etc. I need one!

#5565 1 year ago
Quoted from thewool:

I listened to Maiden growing up, but wasn't a major fan. That said I have never been grabbed by a pin on a first impression. It's the total package and the best there at the moment in terms of competition like POTC, TNA, Houdini, Alien, SW, etc. I need one!

"Total package" is a very good dedscription

#5566 1 year ago
Quoted from thewool:

Just ordered one!

#5567 1 year ago

This Thursday, Eddie will arrive at my door.

#5568 1 year ago

JJ shipped mine out today! No I'm not doin a little dance right now why do you ask?

#5569 1 year ago

Thanks for posting videos and the reviews, I just emailed Melissa and I am changing my premium to a pro. This is another Stern that doesn’t feel like the extras are worth it.

#5570 1 year ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Thanks for posting videos and the reviews, I just emailed Melissa and I am changing my premium to a pro. This is another Stern that doesn’t feel like the extras are worth it.

Really Nick? I like the extras I think.

#5571 1 year ago

My LE #144 shipped today

#5572 1 year ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I've only put a few games on mine. Code seems very multiball heavy and they are really easy to start? The modes seem pretty similar. Seems most have the same inserts lit? Maybe I'm missing something.

Yes you are. Read the backstage pass that goes over the rules.

Edit: someone already beat me to it!

#5573 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

This is the 1st time in 47 days I haven't seen this thread on fire. Rage, rage against the dying of the light!
JJ shipped mine out today! No I'm not doin a little dance right now why do you ask?

un boxing pics Gryszzz?

#5574 1 year ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Really Nick? I like the extras I think.

Just not enough to convince me it’s worth it. They could have persuaded me if the light show was substantially better, but I just don’t think it is. They got me to trade up to a premium on ACDC and Metallica, but for Kiss and Aerosmith, Pro all the way........Guess I am going that way with Maiden. Still super excited this pin was made, the pro, premium and LE’s are all winners!

#5575 1 year ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Not at all, I bought the LE for the gameplay and the Pro for the art.

That is how I feel about the art package too... I just am too poor to be able to buy an LE. So I bought the premium. But, I think the pro might have the best art. And yes... I know the LE is a real backglass... But, the art on the pro just looks better. Zombie yeti did a really great job channeling Derek Riggs. I mean the Pro design reminds me of the somewhere back in time tour promo art, and to a better extent the Best of the Beast artwork. Best of the beast was always just a little too cartoony and caricature-ish for my liking. And it got more savage and beastly I think for the Back in Time promos. Just fantastic art...
And I just want to say for all the Maiden haters... I get it... You don't like good music... I kid, I kid...
While the music might not be your cup of tea, can we really just say this is a monster theme pinball with iron maiden's music. It's not a band pin. It just features Eddie, their mascot.. But, really its a Monster pin and we all know Monster themed pins are some of the best themes there are... I just wish this had sex appeal on it... But, it really is a dream theme, and babes and Maiden never really went together... Anyone who has seen their From Here to Eternity music video can attest to that!!!

#5576 1 year ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

And yes... I know the LE is a real backglass...

Has this actually been confirmed that it's a real mirrored backglass and not a regular backglass with mirrored sections stuck to it in the cutout parts like KISS LE?

#5577 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

Has this actually been confirmed that it's a real mirrored backglass and not a regular backglass with mirrored sections stuck to it in the cutout parts like KISS LE?

No idea... But I got yelled out before when I said the pro's backglass was cooler... SO I wanted to point out that I prefer the art on the pro better. Just never loved the trooper art or song, like all the maiden fans... I love both, just not my faves for maiden.

#5578 1 year ago

Nothing else to add besides MINE SHIPPED TOO suckers!!!

Gorilla Biscuits in your head, one more time and you’ll be dead, better watch out, better be scared, heading for the dragon’s lair!!!

(Sorry, just needed to finally get that out of my system)

#5579 1 year ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Just not enough to convince me it’s worth it. They could have persuaded me if the light show was substantially better, but I just don’t think it is. They got me to trade up to a premium on ACDC and Metallica, but for Kiss and Aerosmith, Pro all the way........Guess I am going that way with Maiden. Still super excited this pin was made, the pro, premium and LE’s are all winners!

I talked to Melissa today. I'm still liking the idea of the premium. But as you said they are all winners. Just the fact that this theme got made is awesome

#5580 1 year ago

I was thinking about the Pro, Premium, and LE and then Bobcade made my decision easier with his unboxing:

pasted_image (resized).png

pasted_image (resized).png

#5581 1 year ago
Quoted from dts:

I was thinking about the Pro, Premium, and LE and then Bobcade made my decision easier with his unboxing:

I like the LE artwork too. Def unique. Can't go wrong with either.

#5582 1 year ago
Quoted from delt31:

I like the LE artwork too. Def unique. Can't go wrong with either.

Probably a love it or leave it thing. I'm in the love it category but would have also loved the Pro or Premium. I bet owners will be swapping between these either direction for a long time!

#5583 1 year ago

Can any LE owner confirm corner brackets?
SW LE AND premiums had them installed at factory.

#5584 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

Didn’t SW Premium have the corner brackets because of the Hyperloop? The corner brackets, not the Bally / Williams leg brackets.

#5585 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Didn’t SW Premium have the corner brackets because of the Hyperloop? The corner brackets, not the Bally / Williams leg brackets.

Have no idea if that was the reason but they have them.

#5586 1 year ago
Quoted from Vino:

I’ll double check tomorrow but recall it looking like the pro cabinet inside.

#5587 1 year ago
Quoted from dts:

Man that red armor sure is Purdy!

#5588 1 year ago

Easily added the heavy duty brackets and upper corner L brackets. Ordered them from Marco. Used #10 1/2” pan head screws on HD bracket.

ED6F083B-8D2B-4D12-8BB7-B729454A6C24 (resized).jpeg

D40788A6-1AC9-4057-9E98-33651CFAEED0 (resized).jpeg

#5589 1 year ago
Quoted from hoby1:

The more I think about this...... it seems like a PRO maybe the model Im going with on this one.
Its a dream theme for me but just not enough extra in the Prem.
I really thought they would add ALL the features of archer.
Lifting L Ramp
Subway
Left VUK
Left drain kick back
R Vari target.
Not just an up, down kickback center ramp, Newton ball, Diverter, color changing beacons, and moving physical lock.
I wait to see if the artwork on the Prem. and playing a LE sway my decision

Yes agree. I wanted this made for 5 years but feel the other versions missing stuff and not enough too.

#5590 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

Easily added the heavy duty brackets and upper corner L brackets. Ordered them from Marco. Used #10 1/2” pan head screws on HD bracket.

WTF is this. My SWLE had the new style brackets for the corners and now they delete them from games? Really. What a bunch of crap.

#5591 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

Once you factor in the leg plate thickness 1/2" screws don't have a lot left to dig into the wood (maybe 3/8"?). I definitely recommend the 3/4" wood screws, which would have 5/8" or so left after going through the thick leg plate. On the middle two plate holes, you could actually go a bit longer, if you wanted.

#5592 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

Once you factor in the leg plate thickness 1/2" screws don't have a lot left to dig into the wood (maybe 3/8"?). I definitely recommend the 3/4" wood screws, which would have 5/8" or so left after going through the thick leg plate. On the middle two plate holes, you could actually go a bit longer, if you wanted

Any chance these screws go through the cab and mess up the decals? Or impacts the grounding?

#5593 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Any chance these screws go through the cab and mess up the decals? Or impacts the grounding?

Never in my experience, but at the beginning of my step-by-step leg plate upgrade guide:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/reinforcing-stern-cabinet-legs-step-by-step

I tell people to check the screw against the top edge of the cabinet with the brack stacked, too, so they can see how far into the wood it will go. I've never come out the other side, but I ALWAYS check, just in case.

I think the bigger problem with using 1/2" is there just won't be enough full width screw in the wood to grip well once you factor in the thickness of the thicker leg plate.

#5594 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

Never in my experience, but at the beginning of my step-by-step leg plate upgrade guide:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/reinforcing-stern-cabinet-legs-step-by-step
I tell people to check the screw against the top edge of the cabinet with the brack stacked, too, so they can see how far into the wood it will go. I've never come out the other side, but I ALWAYS check, just in case.
I think the bigger problem with using 1/2" is there just won't be enough full width screw in the wood to grip well once you factor in the thickness of the thicker leg plate.

I use 5/8 screws as I don’t want to risk putting a small bulge in the outside of the cab if the tip of the screw gets into the last ply of the plywood.

#5595 1 year ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I use 5/8 screws as I don’t want to risk putting a small bulge in the outside of the cab if the tip of the screw gets into the last ply of the plywood.

I've never even had so much as a dot of a bulge with the 3/4" wood screws and the thicker B/W leg plates and I'm getting a full 5/8" of grab after the plate width is taken into account instead of 1/2".

#5596 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

I've never even had so much as a dot of a bulge with the 3/4" wood screws and the thicker B/W leg plates and I'm getting a full 5/8" of grab after the plate width is taken into account instead of 1/2".

Do you pre drill your holes with an undersized bit?

#5597 1 year ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Do you pre drill your holes with an undersized bit?

Nope. Maybe on some older B/W game that needs a bracket upgrade, but on these newer Stern cabs, they're so soft predrilling would make the hold less firm, IMO, so I just drill them right in. Like drilling into butter. <----small exaggeration, but very small - this newer cabinet wood is SOFT.

#5598 1 year ago

I know that it has been said but this is troubling that on such an expensive purchase that buyers are feeling the need to reinforce their cabinets.

Regarding the brackets, especially those small L brackets, you could use some PL glue behind it as well.

I hope that none of this is actually needed and it just makes those owners feel better. If this doesn't highlight a QC concern to Stern then what will?

#5599 1 year ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Man that red armor sure is Purdy!

isn't it the same armour from Star Trek Premium?

#5600 1 year ago
Quoted from kpg:

The day mom and pops stores have an app I can order shit from the comfort of my toilet, then deliver said shit to my doorstep same or next day, with full tracking information.. will be the day I'll buy from the mom and pops stores again. Sad reality of it... How many people miss the milk man and Blockbuster video still?

i'd have thought the delivery of shit from the comfort of your toilet would be pretty fast!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 19.95
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
There are 7167 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 144.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside