20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 144.
#1651 6 years ago

I have a feeling the old Maiden songs will find their way onto peoples machines.

#1653 6 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Finally saw the livestream - the play field layout with the two ramps reminds me quite a bit of Mephisto, an 80s game made in Spain I’ve always enjoyed playing. Crazy. Creepy sfx
Maiden is looking good!! Damn it! May have to sell my Indiana Jones...

You have a great collection. Don't do it.

#1654 6 years ago

Thanks a lot. This WAS a fresh pair of underwear...

#1655 6 years ago

Just saw that... its a beautiful thing! At about 29 seconds in there's another cabinet to the left. Anybody recognize that or is it a possible LE or PREM cabinet?

#1656 6 years ago
Quoted from jefryan:

Just saw that... its a beautiful thing! At about 29 seconds in there's another cabinet to the left. Anybody recognize that or is it a possible LE or PREM cabinet?

Thats Aerosmith.

#1657 6 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

R u actually comparing the techno Euro disco soundtrack of TNA to IronMaiden? You guys make me laugh with the whole "Stern is worried about these other companies" crap. I mean don't get me wrong very happy Spooky and JJP and AP even the bad ones like Dutch and Heighway are making pins but please don't be foolish. Stern is King and I don't believe for one second that they have any concern regarding these other manufacturers.

Stern tried to get TNA. It would have been huge in Europe.

#1658 6 years ago

So I've given Stern a hard-time around these parts due to their ever dwindling feature and quality issues, and like many have become jaded that they would ever get their act together enough to entice me to consider buying another NiB from them. It's obvious that all those looong threads of disappointed customers have reached some ears at Stern (finally); service rails on all games, no major gameplay differences between editions (see if that remains the case in the future), and thank-you Keith Elwin for putting spinners on the pro!

That said, it will be interesting to see if there are any early reports of playfield ghosting/chipping, shoddy cabinet construction, and tin-foil leg brackets. Perhaps they have made necessary improvements in that dept. as well.

Being a large Iron Maiden fan since my formative years (feel sorry for all you folks posting how much you hate the music, you're missing out) and a sucker for egyption themes and warm playfield colors I have every reason to want this game. They didn't screw it up with a bunch of later-year songs or a strange twist on the art that doesn't fit with the classic 80's Maiden stuff. Good job Stern!

I also like to support people that I feel are doing things to move pinball in a direction that I believe in. That is one reason I supported Scott and Spooky with my TNA purchase (retro/classic challenging pinball play with modern lighting and electronic sound/music). In this case, I love what Keith is doing with the more original layout, the advanced skillz shots (schatz specific target - awesome!), and the simple yet complex rules. I also love that everything you need to know is indicated by the playfield inserts, the LCD is just backup for that and eye-candy for observers.

So, I'm in for a Premium! Figure the months delay until the premiums start shipping will give me some time to see if there any new major issues to be aware of on this run, and the Premium package sounds fantastic. I still have major reservations about the long-term supportabilty of Spike2 and a few other things, but this game is enticing enough that I'll take my chances on that one.

I'm out of $ and room though, so going to need to move a couple games for this, and I'm happy to do it.

I\m/ !

#1659 6 years ago

i guess this is the kind of video that TLB buyers would love to see...
they are waiting some updates for weeks now... just a thought for them.

#1660 6 years ago

Impressive. Nothing really new other than the game, but I do love seeing factory videos.

#1661 6 years ago

I think I saw some Ghosting at 2 minutes and 12 seconds.

#1662 6 years ago

They finally started using side protectors. For assembly and testing.

#1663 6 years ago
Quoted from jkashani:

I think I saw some Ghosting at 2 minutes and 12 seconds.

Nice try...video is 1'31 long!

#1664 6 years ago

Oh man, you got me....

Quoted from colonel_caverne:

Nice try...video is 1'31 long!

#1665 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

have you listened to the far superior sound quality provided by TNA (and also adopted to ACNC)?

I dont care about your music tastes. I am talking about sound quality and the hardware running the system. You are blind if you dont realize that the only reason Stern has opted to upgrade their sound system now is due to TNA. Hell George Gomez is even on the record saying it was the #1 game he wanted to buy for himself (I hope he has done so by now as the game is great and it would be good for his business if he owned one and played it on a regular basis)

Yeah I've heard a TNA but when I went from that to TWD then The Shadow its not anything that impressed me really, I've never added an ext Sub or upgraded my speakers and I like it loud, then again I've never had an issue with pinball sound outside the actual material itself even the Sega pins. What I can't stand is bad music or terrible call outs. If TNA and Spooky have caused Stern to up their audio quality then I'm grateful as I would be for any upgrade, I do audio engineering work from time to time and theres a saying "u can't polish a turd" if the material sucks then it sucks maybe Iron Maiden will be the first instance where I can really appreciate the enhanced audio, Hey I hope so but TNA didn't do it for me.

#1666 6 years ago

That video right there is why no one can really compete with Stern......yet.

#1667 6 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

That video right there is why no one can really compete with Stern......yet.

JJP will be there sooner than later.

I don't think TNA made Stern up their quality and feature offering - but JJP did for sure. JJP's growth and rapidly expanding pin lineup likely influenced Stern to include antireflective glass and better speakers on their LEs... And let's not forget hi res color LCD screens.

Competition is good, especially for pinball !!

#1668 6 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I don't think TNA made Stern up their quality and feature offering - but JJP did for sure. JJP's growth and rapidly expanding pin lineup likely influenced Stern to include antireflective glass and better speakers on their LEs... And let's not forget hi res color LCD screens.

It is good indeed!

#1669 6 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Really?

POTC is so delayed, it's crazy!

#1670 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Really?
POTC is so delayed, it's crazy!
It will be an old game by the time it comes out!

Correct. And that is the problem JJP needs to overcome. They can't compete in Stern's league until they put out more than 1 game a year, and that doesn't look to change anytime soon.

Still, competition is good. I firmly believe Stern would still have a DMD screen in 2018 if JJP and the others didn't exist.

#1671 6 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's funny, once Bruce became the singer I stopped listening to the band

I became a big fan in the 80's because of Bruce.

The guy is amazing and the band and the shows would not be the same without him.

#1672 6 years ago
Quoted from Tonic67:

I became a big fan in the 80's because of Bruce.
The guy is amazing and the band and the shows would not be the same without him.

Paul is great on the first 2 albums, different style and I like both. I also like the newer stuff especially on "A Matter of Life and Death".

#1673 6 years ago

hey, I am a little late to the party. Anyone have a link to the twitch tv stream? I cannot find on google, and i cannot find in this thread, so many pages...

Thanks guys.

#1674 6 years ago
Quoted from Elicash:

hey, I am a little late to the party. Anyone have a link to the twitch tv stream? I cannot find on google, and i cannot find in this thread, so many pages...
Thanks guys.

it wasnt saved after the live stream do the the licensing approvals. There will do more streaming of it in the future though once the licensing issues get worked out.

#1675 6 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Without having watched a lot of the Archer game, what features is the Pro missing? I thought it looked pretty complete, but I’ve only casually watched video on YouTube.

The scoop below the bottom pop bumper (replaced with a standup target).

The motorized ramp leading to the motorized ball lock assembly (to the right, you can see it moving)(
Motorized Sarcophagus ball lock mechanism):

The vari-target that leads to a hole (Motorized guardian reveals secret Pharaoh's tomb entrance - not sure about this one as it sounds like this feature is at the top of the left ramp when a diverter is active)

The center jump ramp (Laser cut stainless steel center "jump" ramp opens up to reveal Underworld Scoop):

I think the target in front of the right pop bumper is the "Hit Detecting Clairvoyant Mystery Orb Target". In Archer, there's a target in front and a stack of balls behind the pop bumper. You can see it at 1:02 in the video to the right of the ramp entrance and behind the right pop bumper.

All the cool toys are missing from the Pro. Reading the feature matrix, it sounds like all of these are integrated into both the FeM Premium and LE.

#1677 6 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Hobbit coils
Drops 22
Slings 2
Flippers 3
Pops 3
Kickback 1
VUKs 2
Troll mechs 4
Trough 1
Auto launcher 1
Knocker 1
Ramp diverter 1
Controllable posts (left outlane, loops, left ramp) 4
Coin lockout?? 1
Still only adds up to 46, no idea where the other *23* coils are being used. LTG can you post a chart? Or be a guest on my new coil counting podcast and explain?

All those coils and you are still chopping wood go figure

#1679 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

U can get dile for under 9 and standard under 8k...

Price drop shows they are not selling you can still get a CE they made only 150 and were announced a yr and a half ago

#1680 6 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Price drop shows they are not selling you can still get a CE they made only 150 and were announced a yr and a half ago

Did they actually announce Dialed In CE numbers? They said they would only make as many as they had orders for by midnight at the end of that year. So it seems hard to believe they would have ANY left over.

#1681 6 years ago

I didn't see the vari-target on the premium/le listing for Iron Maiden. DId they drop it?
Unless its called "Hit detecting Clarivoyant mystery orb"?

#1683 6 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

They have sold a lot of Dialed Ins. Speaking to people who know actual manufactured numbers, the game has been a huge success. Pirates preorders have very much outpaced Dialed In, however. CEs aren't being continually produced.

#1684 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

» YouTube video
The motorized ramp leading to the motorized ball lock assembly (to the right, you can see it moving):
» YouTube video
The vari-target that leads to a hole.
» YouTube video
The center jump ramp:
» YouTube video
All the cool toys are missing from the Pro. Reading the feature matrix, it sounds like all of these are integrated into both the FeM Premium and LE.

I've told myself 1000 times don't buy new release and get burned again.

Time to put on my flame proof suit.

#1685 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

They have sold a lot of Dialed Ins. Speaking to people who know actual manufactured numbers, the game has been a huge success. Pirates preorders have very much outpaced Dialed In, however. CEs aren't being continually produced.

Yes. They were over 1000 orders last MAY according to Jack when I talked to him at PAGG. They're probably over 1500 DILE/Standard, maybe more by now. It's selling very well, and no license to pay!

#1686 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

» YouTube video
The motorized ramp leading to the motorized ball lock assembly (to the right, you can see it moving):
» YouTube video
The vari-target that leads to a hole.
» YouTube video
The center jump ramp:
» YouTube video

OH!! yah!!

#1687 6 years ago

So no scoops on the Pro and 2 scoops on the Premium/LE?

#1688 6 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

I didn't see the vari-target on the premium/le listing for Iron Maiden. DId they drop it?
Unless its called "Hit detecting Clarivoyant mystery orb"?

Pretty sure it's the "Motorized guardian reveals secret Pharaoh's tomb entrance" one. Maybe with some kind of cover over it, revealing the vari-target?

#1689 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

So no scoops on the Pro and 2 scoops on the Premium/LE?

No subway system at all on the Pro. Entrance under center ramp and at vari-target, exit below bottom pop bumper on the prem/le.

#1690 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No subway system at all on the Pro. Entrance under ramp and at vari-target, exit below bottom pop bumper on the prem/le.

3 "scoops." Wow.

Man. I want to wait to play it at ReplayFX in July, but I dunno if I can. hahaha

#1691 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

I have no doubt it was POTC that has hurt them the DI LE's at 2500 has a ways to go before being sold out

#1692 6 years ago

** Archive of the Dead Flip Stream, Anyone? **

Does anyone know of any gameplay clips other than this thirty-second Instagram post?

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bg12rI0nC4p/

If Dead Flip will restream, can we guess when?

Thanks.

#1693 6 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

** Archive of the Dead Flip Stream, Anyone? **
Does anyone know of any gameplay clips other than this thirty-second Instagram post?
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bg12rI0nC4p/
If Dead Flip will restream, can we guess when?
Thanks.

The stream they did will not be posted and DF did say they will be doing another stream, but not when to my knowledge. There is a longer clip out there, but it's pretty low res and only maybe a couple minutes.

#1694 6 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

I have no doubt it was POTC that has hurt them the DI LE's at 2500 has a ways to go before being sold out

They're over halfway to 2500, and in the JJP world, the "LE" is essentially a Stern Premium, and the "CE" maps to somewhere between a Stern LE and SLE. Stern would be extremely happy with 2500 premiums sold. JJP is doing just fine, and again, with Dialed In, no license fees to pay or IP approvals to hold things up.

#1695 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

No subway system at all on the Pro. Entrance under center ramp and at vari-target, exit below bottom pop bumper on the prem/le.

The newton ball also has some fancy "hit-detecting" thing going on on the Prem/LE.

Just goes to show how low Stern has set the bar. People are falling over themselves talking about how loaded the Pro is, because it has spinners.

#1696 6 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

The newton ball also has some fancy "hit-detecting" thing going on on the Prem/LE.
Just goes to show how low Stern has set the bar. People are falling over themselves talking about how loaded the Pro is, because it has spinners.

But Stern clearly has reversed their playfield-stripping cost reduction course by building pretty much exactly the Archer BOM on the Premium/LE machines. That would not have happened if not for JJP/CGC/Spooky, etc. Competition is good. Now I just hope Stern reverses some of their recent terrible "hidden" cost reductions like crappier cabinet wood, crappier playfield wood quality, and fake mirrored backglasses.

#1697 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They're over halfway to 2500, and in the JJP world, the "LE" is essentially a Stern Premium, and the "CE" maps to somewhere between a Stern LE and SLE. Stern would be extremely happy with 2500 premiums sold. JJP is doing just fine, and again, with Dialed In, no license fees to pay or IP approvals to hold things up.

Distributors have dropped the price of DI $500 that is not a good sign

#1698 6 years ago
Quoted from westofrome:

Yet here you are on the Stern thread wear Pinsiders are JJP threads have goon to sleep

#1699 6 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Distributors have dropped the price of DI $500 that is not a good sign

It's a great sign that they've been able to speed up production and increase numbers.

#1700 6 years ago

Tell me if I got this right...

On the Pro, you shoot the captive ball to spell MUMMY. Once spelled, you can start MUMMY multiball.

On the Premium/LE, no captive ball shot. The left ramp lifts up revealing a secret tomb entrance. Ball is then shot upward and over to where the captive ball is on the Pro. Three balls can be locked in a row (again, where the captive ball shot is on the Pro) and released when MUMMY multiball is started.

Or am I WAY off here?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 16.00
$ 24.50
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday/page/34 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.