20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 144 of 144.
#7151 5 years ago

On paper the PRO is the best deal and about 90% of the game.

That said I own a Prem because I love IM and the game ........ As for features there are almost ZERO moving parts on the PRO. I needed some toys and features ( as spare as the are on this game ) so its not just a shot fest. You also get some pretty cool stuff like lighted metal apron and the beacon is out of this world.

1 week later
#7152 5 years ago

Hi all.

Just real quick, what is it that changes the next mode selection in gameplay please ?

#7153 5 years ago

If you hit the left spinner before you finish spelling EDDIE, the mode changes along with the spins.

#7154 5 years ago
Quoted from Flippersaurus:

If you hit the left spinner before you finish spelling EDDIE, the mode changes along with the spins.

Thank you

#7155 5 years ago

If I loved the band, I'd have spent the money and gotten a premium. Since I don't like the music, but enjoy the game, I went with the Pro.

#7156 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Me, too. Stern artificially limiting the use of them sucks.

What does artificially limiting them mean???

#7157 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

What does artificially limiting them mean???

As a cost-savings measure, modern Stern pinball designs generally do not have subways under the playfield. It's a crappy edict that limits designers and makes the playfield designs more cookie-cutter (but saves Stern money which they do not pass on to the customer).

The original Archer design that was turned into Iron Maiden had a subway system that was much cooler than what we ended up with. That and the loss of the raised ramp and vari-target suck.

#7158 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

As a cost-savings measure, modern Stern pinball designs generally do not have subways under the playfield. It's a crappy edict that limits designers and makes the playfield designs more cookie-cutter (but saves Stern money which they do not pass on to the customer).

Wouldnt that be called officially limiting them though?

#7159 5 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Wouldnt that be called officially limiting them though?

I don't think they've made that edict public, but public or no, designs that have had them or could have them do not simply to save Stern money. That's an artificial reason not to have subways as far as I'm concerned.

#7160 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I don't think they've made that edict public, but public or no, designs that have had them or could have them do not simply to save Stern money. That's an artificial reason not to have subways as far as I'm concerned.

Doesn't have to be publicly announced to be be official, just a known position within the company to not even bring a subway to the table, as it won't pass the bean counters.

Either way, its lame, subways add a whole nother dimension to pinball.

#7161 5 years ago

I’m still thinking about this game, my sensible side says I should just buy an IMDN pro, but the unreasonable side of me wants an LE or at least a Premium.

#7162 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I’m still thinking about this game, my sensible side says I should just buy an IMDN pro, but the unreasonable side of me wants an LE or at least a Premium.

The small additions create big, big changes in gameplay. I still play the pro when I can. It's fast and fun, but the momentary breaks from the fury are a great time to strategize and enjoy the booming tunes. Worth the cash? That one appears to be debatable. Not to me though.

#7163 5 years ago

Not a fan of their Music, but played the game 3 times and think the layout is fantastic. Great shots and great artwork all around.

1 month later
#7164 5 years ago

So went to VUK pizza near DC to try out Munsters (just about my #1 theme) which I did like, but
I ended up dumping a ton of quarters in the Iron Maiden premium they had.
Probably one of the most fun new sterns I have played since TWD

Now ... not a huge fan of the music, not a hater, just not something I would put on in the car to listen to...
Volume on the pin was not up high, so I couldn't make a call on whether the music would be a deal breaker or not.

So how many of you non Iron Maiden fans bought this pin and what are you thoughts about it after living with it for a few months?

#7165 5 years ago

Well since I started this thread I will make one last post here. After selling my IMDN LE before I even unboxed it to get caught up on bills after missing a bunch of work I was finally able to get an LE back from a buddy on a trade deal. The game is beautiful, fun as hell and I am very happy to have it back, as a big Maiden fan the game is a home run for me!

LE # 376 in the house

9C575F0A-1D88-44CA-9EB8-6B444307CEA7 (resized).jpeg9C575F0A-1D88-44CA-9EB8-6B444307CEA7 (resized).jpeg
#7166 5 years ago

Well since I started this thread I will make one last post here. After selling my IMDN LE before I even unboxed it to get caught up on bills after missing a bunch of work I was finally able to get an LE back from a buddy on a trade deal. The game is beautiful, fun as hell and I am very happy to have it back, as a big Maiden fan the game is a home run for me!
LE # 376 in the house
[quoted image]

One of the rare cases where the LE actually is the best art package. Looks so sweet with the mirrored backglass.

(And glad you're feeling better!)

#7167 5 years ago

LE # 376 in the house

Woah, and yours comes with different animations! I've never seen Eddie shooting at a dartboard before! I probably just need to play better.

1 year later
#7168 3 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Not a fan of their Music, but played the game 3 times and think the layout is fantastic. Great shots and great artwork all around.

But no toys at all, only A ton of shots, wish it had more in it, yes fun to play and fast and higher scoring pin for a Stern which I like.

#7169 3 years ago

Just saw this tread pop up again. Curious if the pro is ‘close enough’ to the premium if I just wanted the pin and to save money. Or is the premium worth the extra money? I’ve not played the premium more than a couple times so I can’t remember how much the rising ramp or ball lock add.

Does the premium have more color change inserts than the pro?

#7170 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Just saw this tread pop up again. Curious if the pro is ‘close enough’ to the premium if I just wanted the pin and to save money. Or is the premium worth the extra money? I’ve not played the premium more than a couple times so I can’t remember how much the rising ramp or ball lock add.

The Pro and Premium play very differently. I personally like the Premium best (plus you get an extra mode the pro doesn't have), but I played and enjoyed a Pro for almost a year and it was great, too. You can't really go wrong either way, but if you have the dough, get the Premium.

#7171 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The Pro and Premium play very differently. I personally like the Premium best (plus you get an extra mode the pro doesn't have), but I played and enjoyed a Pro for almost a year and it was great, too. You can't really go wrong either way, but if you have the dough, get the Premium.

what is the extra mode for premium?

#7172 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

If your a Maiden fan I would spring for the Premium. I had an LE and loved the game!

#7173 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Can I play with madness.

It's one of the best games ever made imo. I sprung for the premium.

#7174 3 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

But no toys at all, only A ton of shots, wish it had more in it, yes fun to play and fast and higher scoring pin for a Stern which I like.

Pro is pretty barren toy wise. I find my LE more fun due to the left ramp lock door and center ramp lift.

#7175 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Can I Play With Madness. It's a multiball mode.

#7176 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Can I Play With Madness. It's a multiball mode.

I was just looking that up, thanks it's the 3rd tomb award.

#7177 3 years ago

I've read this debate so many times, both on here and Facebook. Every time it ends with 'get the premium'.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards
Pinball Machine
$ 52.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball
Protection
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Idaho Falls, ID
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 39.00
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 144 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday/page/144 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.