20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #390 Stern Official Teaser Video Link for Iron Maiden Pinball Posted by Pinballrocks (6 years ago)

Post #798 Quick intro on Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by TheLaw (6 years ago)

Post #920 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by Apollyon (6 years ago)

Post #1351 Link to short video clip of the Pro Model livestream on 3/27 Posted by Sparky (6 years ago)

Post #1675 Video of LE features missing from Pro that Prem/LE will have Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #1682 Link to hi-res PDF of the feature matrix for Iron Maiden Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #2080 Premium/LE different ramp cutout (Pharaoh head) picture Posted by Pinzzz (6 years ago)

Post #2146 Link to gameplay video from Pro version in Europe Posted by Concretehardt (6 years ago)

Post #2498 Deadflip video on YouTube link. Posted by FalconPunch (6 years ago)

Post #2665 Iron Maiden Pro live stream link from Stream #2 Posted by Asael (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigdaddy07.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2778 6 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

I was thinking battlefield, not battle, and that is likely a mistake.

The feature matrix does say "battlefield" themed cabinet art on the LE, so I would think its more the trooper theme and not the pilot. For me, poweslave is the cabinet/translite theme I would be wanting as it seems more cohesive with the playfield. I'm already thinking powerslave with gold mirror blades is going to look pretty bad ass. At least if it looks like what my imagination sees.

#2785 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

A number of people have supposedly seen the LE and say it has some version of the art of Eddie in the plane shown in the background of the banner pic in this post

Yikes! Lets hope not. I'm not in on an LE, but I would rather it not be that if I was.

#2795 6 years ago
Quoted from flerp:

Looking forward to playing this! Pic unrelated

The rules on that mode are really good. I love the three stages with shooting down the planes...then the bombers locking on first then shooting the center target....then having to lock on that roving Ace plane with a 5 second timer before he breaks off. I think that's going to be my personal favorite mode.

#2796 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

A full on Aces High theme for the LE with that backglass, the plane on the side, and olive powdercoating would have been awesome.

100% agree. It would need to have the olive armor for sure. It will probably be a VE someday.

#2827 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I am not sure if the Stern flyer below qualifies as battlefield themed? The bottom pic seems more like a battlefield theme.

I prefer the top one.

#2851 6 years ago
Quoted from pauloz:

Am I the only one who doesn’t care about what artwork is going to be on the LE? Totally don’t give a rats, I just want it in the games room.

Sort of defeats the point of getting an LE.

#2953 6 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

To be fair does it really have that much? Tron had a spinning disk and lowering target bank. There are virtually no toys on the pro maiden, but I love the 4 flippers, layout, art and metal ramps!

RGB lighting and full color display.

#3109 6 years ago

I never realized there was this much hate for Iron Maiden until this thread. I've been listening to them since 85, though I stopped listing to their newer stuff after no prayer for the dying. Still, I don't get it. They are story tellers in their songs, so very few of their songs revolve around booze, drugs, and women. Maybe that's the issue? I mean we've had far worse bands then these guys (I won't give names, but you can figure it out if you think about it) with pins dedicated to them.

#3493 6 years ago
Quoted from jints56:

I’m hoping we’re just being trolled. Red armor with this rumored art??? Holding out hope for Number if the Beast!!!!

That would be cool, but it does say battlefield art in the official description for the LE. Either way, I highly doubt it will look anything but bad ass. However, it really should have been the number of the beast with red armor. I wouldn't get any better than that. If they were to go with tanks and spitfires, the armor needed to be dark green.

#3709 6 years ago

Its the Christmas edition!

#3737 6 years ago

I would take the LE with the red armor, LE backglass, and pro cabinet.

#3845 6 years ago
Quoted from bemmett:

Lets just leave it as this -
Pro owners will love the Pro and trash everyone else's decisions
Premium owners will think they got the best art and all the playfield toys at a lesser cost
LE owners will swallow their true opinions and learn to love the LE art and extras and have a truly limited game for better or worse

and at the end of the day we'll all have a cool game that hopefully we love.

You've been around here for a while haven't you?

#3879 6 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Well... Just got an email from my disty saying the first run of Premiums are sold out. Once Sterns runs thru LE's and premiums they have to run more Pro's which are majorly back ordered... IF I cancel my LE I would be looking at mid summer for a premium now.... ARGGGGG

Stick with it and sell it later if you decide you want a premium. There will always be a market for limited editions, so I don't see an issue with getting your money back. Even if the premium art is way better, people will want a game that there are fewer numbers of.

#3894 6 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Here ya go. I'm still feeling the red.

Can you work some of that magic with a dark green as well?

#3899 6 years ago

Yep, should have been green, but that blue looks good as well.

#3904 6 years ago

Together for comparison.

1d1338fd4275a8faf40d4895be2934a458914e7d (resized).jpg1d1338fd4275a8faf40d4895be2934a458914e7d (resized).jpg

738b1d70f2f095863c0562bdc3efba19a893dc95 (resized).jpeg738b1d70f2f095863c0562bdc3efba19a893dc95 (resized).jpeg

b07f2af081ea1430c22d1a55190e2cae2a4c4091 (resized).jpgb07f2af081ea1430c22d1a55190e2cae2a4c4091 (resized).jpg

#3936 6 years ago
Quoted from theironmaiden:

Motorized guardian of tomb in both positions.

Cool feature, but we need a better 3d version of him. My prediction is that the first person to make one sells a ton of them.

#3945 6 years ago

I can already tell this is going to be a game that's in my collection for a very long time. Totally stoked at what it has to offer.

#3950 6 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

Anyone know how the orb works? Is it just a target?

It looks like a magnet.

#3954 6 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

I thought the same thing, but they did not mention magnets anywhere in the description of the game.

There appears to be 2 magnets in the game. One for the orb and one for the newton ball.

#3964 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

No, it looks like a fixed ball that acts like a target switch itself. It's an orb... get it

It's not just a magnet because the ball is there in that same position in all the photos.

OK this makes sense now. If they were magnets, there wouldn't be balls on them in the photos. So these are just fixed balls that act as switches. Curious what holds them in place?

#4268 6 years ago

The hi-res pics do look better. I don't think anyone is going to be unhappy with their game, LE or otherwise. Though we haven't seen the premium yet.

#4304 6 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

Leaked picture of Premium side art in the Dropbox. Looks like they're going to cover the part people are complaining about with a chainmail texture.

The worst part is that I actually dig it.

#4422 5 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

So I guess I will not be in on one for LE -- Pinball Company has one for 10,000 so if someone wants mine -- I guess you can call them and they will sell you one for 10,000

Just get the premium and turn it into your own LE. Add custom powder coated armor, shaker, custom or mirrored blades, custom translite, upgraded speakers or whatever. It can be as unique and upgraded as you choose. You have $1500 to work with to get to the LE list price.

#4630 5 years ago
Quoted from Mvfvette1:

you have to step up to the premium. Now you're $1400 away from the LE.

How's that? I think everyone is getting their premiums for 7200-7300 and the LEs where 8800 if you weren't getting price gouged. That's 1500-1600 difference. I guess someone could have been swung a really sweet deal from their distro, but that would be the exception more than the norm. Heck we have guys that have paid 10k at this point. Now your looking nearly 3k over the just the premium.

Still I agree that this is a really impressive pro and for a 3k difference between that and the LE, for what your getting, is steep. I'm still getting a premium, but I just am a stickler for getting the full featured game. Bling was never really worth too much for me personally and I'd rather bling them myself. I think the premiums should have been more like 6700, tops. But that's the price to pay if you want it.

#4860 5 years ago

I'm still getting the premium, but yah, the added features don't really equal 1500 in value honestly. The premium should have been 6500 - 6700.

#5057 5 years ago

It just sucks that people have to buy and (probably) get delivered a version of the game, without seeing all the other versions first. Speaking more of the LE customers here who do not have the luxury of waiting, due to the limited quantity. I'm sure many of them would like to see the premium before their games ships, at least I know I would. C'mon Stern - WTF??

#5061 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Boy this is a common misconception - You don't HAVE to buy a version of the game without seeing all versions unless you want to be the first on the block with the game.

If you want an LE you do. I'm not an LE buyer, so whatever. I just think its lame for Stern to take payments and ship games before revealing all versions. Sounds like its tied to the IP and the license deal, so maybe somewhat out of their control.... Just another reason to let the LEs pass. I like to be fully informed before dropping 5-9k.

#5070 5 years ago
Quoted from jints56:

So you don’t think Stern has accepted payment from the distributors yet? How about the games that have supposedly shipped already? Bizarre release to say the least.

It does seem strange that they would ship games without taking payments for them from the distros. However, I wont claim to know how it works on their end of things. Maybe its CoD or net terms. Some confusion going on here.

#5099 5 years ago
Quoted from dgposter:

There's even going to be a few surprises not on the published matrix list ."

Some pictures of the premium??

#5171 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Can't wait to play this tomorrow at Allentown. I can get a NIB delivered for 5k. Is that a good deal?

Is it stolen?? I think most are getting them for 5600.

#5206 5 years ago

I'll take this as an acceptable premium translite. Thanks

DqZVJn (resized).jpgDqZVJn (resized).jpg

#5241 5 years ago

It will be interesting to get some firsthand feedback on the LE/Premium playfield features vs the pro. If the premium art totally blows, I could see possibly downgrading, especially if the added features don't play well.

#5263 5 years ago

Good for you man. I'm glad to hear you like it. I do see a shooter rod thing on it as well.

#5323 5 years ago

So how does the LE play compared to the pro? Do the extra features add, takeaway, or not really a big difference?

#5326 5 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

I love the mummy lock. Underworld is a missed opportunity to me, it should lock Trooper balls as a physical lock mechanism but it just starts modes and shoots back. Orb shot vs pro makes no sense to me also, the ball is easier to hit and isn’t a toy. Light show is a big plus.

Yah the underworld sounds kinda lame. Too bad, like you said, a big missed opportunity to do something really cool with it. Tough choice on the premium for me. The art is going to have to really deliver.

1 week later
#5876 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

IMDN LE#144 has landed! I am pretty excited that the game is sitting here but honestly I can’t see my self opening it for a while, between my brain surgery at the end of February and the siezure meds I’m on, I am almost embarrassed to say that the only pinball related thing I do these days is read Pinside. I just haven’t had the energy or motivation to play my games lately

That sucks. You should at least have someone help you set it up, so you can see that beauty in you gameroom instead of just a box. Plus if you get a day that you feel better, it's only a flick of the switch away from playing one of the best new games...Iron friggen Mainden! Get better man.

#5888 5 years ago

You also have to consider that the code is early and the LE\PRE features will likely be enriched through code. For example, they could and should, make the under the ramp scoop a physical lock. Hold it there and fire it out at some point at the start of a multiball or as an add-a-ball. I don't know the rules well enough to say where exactly, just that it's possible.

#5902 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

The problem with most LE/Premium features in games is that Stern underutilizes them in code. They don't typically want to make the game experience that much different from the Pro. Things like the Iron Hyde playfield in transformers, the GOT upper playfield, ACDC lower playfield, X-Men pop-ups, etc. just don't get utilized to their full potential and don't have very good rules built around them. Maybe that will change on Maiden but as of now I don't think the extra premium features give you that much extra as far as gameplay enhancements go.

Good point. I agree the price to features for the premium is off balance. I think Stern was sacrificing the premium to keep the LE prices propped up. It would have been much more difficult to justify the LE at 8800 if the premium was 6500 (like it should be) than it at 7300. At least that's what it would have looked like on paper when those decisions were made. We see now with people dishing out over 10k, that's not the case, but they couldn't have seen this coming. I'm waiting to see the art for the premium and if it looks like shit, I could possibly go down to a pro as well.

#5979 5 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Where the F*ck is the Premium Stern!!!! This is the wierdest game release ever.

Yah there is some sort of weird games being player here for sure. I would love to know the true back story to this.

#6107 5 years ago

Oh crap that looks friggen great!! I'm officially VERY happy with my premium. Thank you Stern!

#6116 5 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

If they put black T molding on the head that would be better than that yellow crap! That's an eyesore IMO.

Agree on the yellow, though I'll decide when I see it in person. I'd likely remove that and replace with black or blue. Easy enough to do.

#6148 5 years ago
Quoted from busa32927:

I like it. if u don't like the yellow u can buy other colors yourself. to me its way better than the le

Agree 100% I never really cared for the LE art (aside from the backglass). This and the pro look great. I was seriously going to downgrade to a pro if I didn't like the premium art. Though I will likely swap out the yellow trim and add some gold mirrored blades. Should look badass.

#6195 5 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Here's black trim for you yellow haters out there. Definitely makes the artwork pop nicer.

Makes a world of difference.....for the better. The yellow was a fail. I'll be changing mine to black for certain.

#6273 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I didn't commit to any "elite club" nor do I want something "others can't have". That's some elitist bullshit right there. SOME of us are Iron Maiden fans. You're probably that asshole that's on his phone the whole concert.

You said it brother. I've bought LEs before and gaining the privilege to be some elite asshole never entered my mind when I made the decision to splurge. I just picked the game that I wanted the most from what was offered.

#6403 5 years ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Blue on the premium doesn't work for me. Black, yellow or red look good to me.

I'm feeling the gold, red, and black. For simplicity sake, I'll be sticking with black, since I don't feel the other two add enough to go through the trouble.

#6509 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Why do you WANT lollipop rails???

For one they help prevent ring dings in the decals for players who like to slap (like me). Also, if you notice, many of the LEs have them, so if just gives it a little more of a substantial look. IMO of course. I'm sure you see things differently.

#6513 5 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I like the lollipop rails better too. Is this black finish on the Premium a standard Stern finish that you could get stock lollipops in?

I added them to my TWD premium and LOTR and both match perfectly.

Quoted from Pimp77:

I also don’t wear my ring when at home or slap the sides anyways.

I tend to slap more than nudge, I'm not sure why, but I do better slapping then nudging. I'm a terrible nudger. I try to take my ring off as well before playing, as I have games without protective rails, however I occasionally forget.

#6515 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I think the mylar flipper button protectors are the best option in that they prevent wear and allow you to see all of the artwork.

I have those on my STTNG for almost eight years now and I agree they work very well. I still like the look of the lollipop rails on some games...not all.

1 month later
#7024 5 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Thought my IM Prem would be in last week. Heard nothing. Unfortunately, it looks like I'll be waiting a good while longer now.

I'm in the same boat. I suppose it gets here when it gets here.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigdaddy07.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday?tu=bigdaddy07 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.