1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 7,167 posts
  • 672 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by Fezmid
  • Topic is favorited by 92 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 888 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

9C575F0A-1D88-44CA-9EB8-6B444307CEA7 (resized).jpeg
20180726_193050 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180619_202938 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180626_061913 (resized).jpg
20180625_090851 (resized).jpg
20180625_090605 (resized).jpg
IMG_0386 (resized).JPG
EC0D26C9-4574-415D-85B3-9B8AC424589E (resized).jpeg
20180622_172513 (resized).jpg
20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20 (Show topic index)

There are 7167 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 144.
#2101 1 year ago

If you don't like Iron Maiden, that's cool.

But why moan, complain, and talk trash on a thread about a pin with an Iron Maiden theme? Nothing else better to do?

#2102 1 year ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

God, I love the Paul stuff! They really should have included at least one of his songs. That's my only gripe.

Yeah when I ran into people complaining that he wasn't in it (Complaining in a Iron Maiden thread by fans oh heavens!) I took some listens and it seems waaaay better. The bruce era stuff I'm hearing really seems too theatrical...like Spinal Tap.

#2103 1 year ago

What I love... Is I never knew so many pinball fans loved Iron Maiden so much. I survived the Blaze years, and I took so much garbage as it wasn't popular to like them then. But, I think Blaze got unfairly maligned. It wasn't his fault the albums weren't up to par with the classics... Steve was just allowed to run amok and as a result the songs had a bloaty feel to them. But, still virtual 11 was a solid album... Bloated, but good... I hate X-Factor... Only two good songs came from that era, Virus and Man on the Edge, don't know how Virus didn't make the dang album though... Anyway... One thing I'll say don't forget about Michael Schenker's influence. Iron Maiden is UFO but on steroids. And Schenker's style of lead guitar is basically how every metal guitarist plays. Just saw schenks for the third time and as always the man is amazing. And for you doubters... Kirk Hammett of metallica his favorite guitarist is Michael schenker, and Steve Harris(of Iron Maiden oyu newbs) his fav band is UFO... Maiden opens most of their shows with Doctor Doctor. So UP THE IRONS!!!

#2104 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah when I ran into people complaining that he wasn't in it (Complaining in a Iron Maiden thread by fans oh heavens!) I took some listens and it seems waaaay better. The bruce era stuff I'm hearing really seems too theatrical...like Spinal Tap.

If you guys like Pauls stuff... Which I love... You should check out his Battlezone work... The first two albums are a bit poppy metal, but still really good, just a lot of songs bout love... But, the whole children of madness album is amazing... Then you should check out his band Killers, murder one is a really solid album... And lastly his truly, truly hidden gem is nomad. An album so great and amazing, and yet under the radar that he released it twice once as the aforementioned nomad and then later as The Living Dead... The song The Living Dead straight up one of the best metal songs I've ever heard. Just so epic. His voice amazing... Also... As I talked about schenker above... You should all also listen to his track, Before the Devil Knows You're Dead... Again I think one of the best songs of the last 10 years. Just pure epic and power. And according to Doogie who wrote the lyrics for the song its a tribute to the GREAT RONNIE JAMES DIO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And in case you don't know... I LOVE DIO!!!!!!!!

#2105 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

People are split. It's probably 75/25 but Paul had great songs! Nobody can deny those two great albums. I appreciate both eras

#2106 1 year ago
Quoted from PW79:

I fired up Iron Maiden on Spotify today in hopes to find a new appreciation for this mullet music
Still sucks (IMO, no offense, Geneva convention, etc)
Those of you claiming to be fans... do you like the actual music or do you just like the "heavy metal" image/stereotype?
I'm likely to buy one if coded well & the Premium is loaded with ill shit + Egypt art, which rumors support.
But dang, are you Maiden fans really fans?

Don’t be ashamed, it’s ok if you’re a dude that enjoys soft music. Metal is complicated to understand, especially with a band as Maiden. Metal bands are the equivalent of modern day composers and have excellent musicians and singers. Some can’t fathom the composition or brilliance of this. You should stick with Air Supply or Toto. It’s easy for your mind and soul and far less scary! As a bonus, not many mullets in those.

#2107 1 year ago

If Iron Maiden is Heavy Metal music, then what is this? Whenever i hear someone mention heavy metal, this is the crap I imagine and I have no idea why. Haha

I see a band like maiden as more like 80s rock, but I don’t claim to be a music genre expert.

Although I really don’t care for their vocals, I can totally see maidens music growing on me like AC/DC did.

#2108 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If Iron Maiden is Heavy Metal music, then what is this?

It's one of dozens of subgenres of original Metal. Metal has gotten so hard that people now look at original metal bands in the late 60's through the 80s as more like rock or hard rock, but they were and always will be Metal - just the originals.

#2109 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If Iron Maiden is Heavy Metal music, then what is this? Whenever i hear someone mention heavy metal, this is the crap I imagine and I have no idea why. Haha
» YouTube video
I see a band like maiden as more like 80s rock, but I don’t claim to be a music genre expert.
Although I really don’t care for their vocals, I can totally see maidens music growing on me like AC/DC did.

The kids call it deathcore. The worst elements of hardcore and death metal combined for your pleasure.

#2110 1 year ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Right, THAT is. I haven't researched a ton of that stuff because it isn't in the Pin. That guys voice is good and that stuff sounds pretty cool for the genre. Just skimming through Powerslave & somehwere in time is where my current info is coming from. When the machine comes I'll be learning tons more.

The first two albums have Paul D singing. The first two albums have a lot more speed/garage feel. Maiden like many bands who have lasted decades have had 'phases' and change their sound at times. By the time you get to Seventh Son... they are doing alot more of their 'epics'. In the late nineties Bruce leaves, they bring in Blaze B. and frankly I don't know anyone who seeks that era out (bruce eventually came back). There are some great single tracks from that era, but largely the late nineties through early 2000s are the dead zone for Maiden.

Maiden is known for these winding epic songs tied to history and literature...

If you want that more almost ramones kind of stuff.. Tracks from the first album that have held up
Prowler

Running Free (headliner)
Santuary
Iron Maiden
Phantom of the Opera

Bruce came in in Number of the Beast.. but a good balance point between the early sound and the more refined song they moved to is on Piece of Mind

Tracks like
Where Eagles Dare
The Trooper
Die with your boots on

A good sample of the stereotypical Maiden sound is the back half of Rime of the Ancient Mariner

Enjoy the 1985 look too

#2111 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

» YouTube video

Metal is a huge genre with many sub genres. Maiden falls into traditional metal/new wave of brittish heavy metal. They have made a huge impact on hard rock in general.

#2112 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

» YouTube video

Dude that's like blackish metal and not very good at that. Metal is a diverse genre. Vocals can be very soft or a death metal growl and everything in between. It really is more diverse than any other genre in rock. Prepare to be amazed!

#2113 1 year ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Metal is a huge genre with many sub genres. Maiden falls into the traditional metal/new wave of brittish heavy metal styles. They have made a huge impact on hard rock in general.

Cool cool. Yeah they definitely have skills for sure, and the music is great, even if I’m not a fan of their vocals.

What’s Rush then genre wise?

And when someone above said Zepp was metal, I felt really confused. Haha

#2114 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Cool cool. Yeah they definitely have skills for sure, and the music is great, even if I’m not a fan of their vocals.
What’s Rush then genre wise?
And when someone above said Zepp was metal, I felt really confused. Haha

Rush is progressive rock. They share some characteristics such as musical virtuosity.

Zeppelin certainly had some edge to their sound and paved the way for harder bands.

#2115 1 year ago

I’m not a Maiden fan, or hater, as I’ve really never listened to that genre of music. The thing I find interesting from reading this thread is the story behind the music and wonder how knowledge of the Maiden story help in understanding the game rules.

So...for those that know the band and have studied the inserts on the game does the story of the game follow an existing Maiden story? -TIA

#2116 1 year ago

Where are the Europeans who today have new IMDN Pros?

Like, surely they know the rest of the world is clamoring to see gameplay video of the Pro.

I mean, if I were that Danish cat who took a photograph of himself standing proudly in front of his "foremost established" Iron Maiden pinball machine throughout the world, I would follow up my photo with some VIDEO!!!

So, all you European IMDN buyers, show us some gameplay, please!

(Of course, as I write this, it's 2:00 in the morning there.)

#2117 1 year ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I’m not a Maiden fan, or hater, as I’ve really never listened to that genre of music. The thing I find interesting from reading this thread is the story behind the music and wonder how knowledge of the Maiden story help in understanding the game rules.
So...for those that know the band and have studied the inserts on the game does the story of the game follow an existing Maiden story? -TIA

The game will follow from what they have shown us so far in some way the storyline of the "Legacy of the beast" comics:
The hero of these comics is "Eddie" the Iron Maiden mascot, he fought against the devil (The Beast) he got captured and his soul was fragmented. A blind seer girl (The clairvoant) has freed him at the start of the comic story. They go on a quest to find all soul shards that are lost in time and history and in the end to battle against the beast. "Eddie is an embodiment of free will, a chaotic spirit, the unseen catalyst during crucial turning points in history. The spark that lights the flame." The beast wants "to crush every soul with conformity", so "life becomes a grey grind", cause "when you eliminate drive, imagination and the ability to express oneself, what remains is easier to control."
The seer girl will be the mistery award giver in the pinball game. And the final wizard mode will be the battle in the underworld against the beast. And for the soul shards they have to visit Maiden songs. Cause "the aspects of his soul rent and riven from his form to fuel the agents of his adversary".
I like this story alot!!!! Perfect for Metal, Perfect for Maiden and Perfect for pinball!

#2118 1 year ago
Quoted from Asael:

The game will follow from what they have shown us so far in some way the storyline of the "Legacy of the beast" comics:
The hero of these comics is "Eddie" the Iron Maiden mascot, he fought against the devil (The Beast) he got captured and his soul was fragmented. A blind seer girl (The clairvoant) has freed him at the start of the comic story. They go on a quest to find all soul shards that are lost in time and history and in the end to battle against the beast. "Eddie is an embodiment of free will, a chaotic spirit, the unseen catalyst during crucial turning points in history. The spark that lights the flame." The beast wants "to crush every soul with conformity", so "life becomes a grey grind", cause "when you eliminate drive, imagination and the ability to express oneself, what remains is easier to control."
The seer girl will be the mistery award giver in the pinball game. And the final wizard mode will be the battle in the underworld against the beast. And for the soul shards they have to visit Maiden songs. Cause "the aspects of his soul rent and riven from his form to fuel the agents of his adversary".
I like this story alot!!!! Perfect for Metal, Perfect for Maiden and Perfect for pinball!

Thanks.

Been stoked for the game once I saw Archer and metal as background music should make for an intense game.

#2119 1 year ago
Quoted from Monte:

Don’t be ashamed, it’s ok if you’re a dude that enjoys soft music. Metal is complicated to understand, especially with a band as Maiden. Metal bands are the equivalent of modern day composers and have excellent musicians and singers. Some can’t fathom the composition or brilliance of this. You should stick with Air Supply or Toto. It’s easy for your mind and soul and far less scary! As a bonus, not many mullets in those.

I'm holding out for a Hall & Oats pinball

Sure, some may say "I cant go for that, no can do" but if the layout is good I'd tell Stern "You make my dreams come true"

Quoted from Concretehardt:

I don't like broccoli, I tried it again last night and its horrible! Question for you guys who claim to like broccoli, are you pretending to like it to make your wife happy by eating what she cooks? or are you just a poser pretending to eat things that are good for you? I guess what I am trying to say is that if I don't like broccoli its bad!... and you shouldn't like it either!

Music is often selling an image/stereotype.

That's what it has become.

Why else would an entire genre of artists wear cowboy boots & cowboy hats? Or baggy pants & neck tattoos. Isn't it weird the fans @ the concerts dress like the stereotype the artist is projecting?

To me it seems more like marketing than music.

Maybe thats why some folks are so sensitive to someone vocalizing a dislike for this band. It threatens the perceived image of self.

Also. I think Indica hash oil is easy to overdo (when visiting certain states)

#2120 1 year ago
Quoted from PW79:

Sure, some may say "I cant go for that, no can do" but if the layout is good I'd tell Stern "You make my dreams come true"

Why else would an entire genre of artists wear cowboy boots & cowboy hats? Or baggy pants & neck tattoos. Isn't it weird the fans @ the concerts dress like the stereotype the artist is projecting?
To me it seems more like marketing than music.
Maybe thats why some folks are so sensitive to someone vocalizing a dislike for this band. It threatens the perceived image of self.
Also. I think Indica hash oil is easy to overdo.

So, what music and bands do you like where there are no kind of stereotypes?

#2121 1 year ago
Quoted from PW79:

#2122 1 year ago
Quoted from Asael:

So, what music and bands do you like where there are no kind of stereotypes?

Elevator music

#2123 1 year ago

Why does Stern, an American company, ship their first batch of pins to Europe?
Seems like they should be shipping to Americans first and other countries to follow later...

#2124 1 year ago
Quoted from facelift:

Seems like they should be shipping to Americans first and other countries to follow later...

Because it takes longer to ship to Europe I would imagine.

#2125 1 year ago
Quoted from Chambahz:

I share your lack of appreciation for the music.
Question for you though: do you think if we were to sub in the instrumental versions instead, it might actually be pretty awesome?

Yes

#2126 1 year ago
Quoted from PW79:

The funny part is this group of folks that would get pissed at you for even asking that question, is the same group that would rub in your face (and have posted endlessly) how popular the band is because famous posers are wearing their shirts.

It's all really funny, and a little bit weird...which is why I would never give a shit if someone doesn't like the music I like, or try to explain to them how "_____" it is.

#2127 1 year ago

Hard to believe if your a rock n roll fan or heavy metal fan you don’t like Maiden at all. I like a ton of bands all variety’s and Maiden is one of them. I don’t like comic books or boring ass special effects marvel movies either, I do have favorite characters Dr. Doom but the movies do nothing for me but I enjoy Spider-Man pin. I am not A Star Trek fan but love the way the pin plays.

#2128 1 year ago
Quoted from PW79:

I fired up Iron Maiden on Spotify today in hopes to find a new appreciation for this mullet music
Still sucks (IMO, no offense, Geneva convention, etc)
Those of you claiming to be fans... do you like the actual music or do you just like the "heavy metal" image/stereotype?
I'm likely to buy one if coded well & the Premium is loaded with ill shit + Egypt art, which rumors support.
But dang, are you Maiden fans really fans?

This was your biggest swing and a miss in quite a while. Normally, your humor is dead on.
Get the fuck back on track.

#2129 1 year ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Hard to believe if your a rock n roll fan ... you don’t like Maiden at all.

It's really not unless you a super Maiden fan that's been dreaming of the pin for 6 years

As a big classic rock fan this has nothing to do with my lifestyle
As you all know they have 0 airplay in 'Merica so it ins't hard to fathom how people have never really heard a wide range of their music or even a little bit. Priest is always mentioned along side IM and all classic rock fans know whom priest is cause they have cross over rock songs.

Quoted from NPO:

Normally, your humor is dead on.

We do know Maiden fans are VERY sensitive though.

#2130 1 year ago
Quoted from Asael:

Boo-ya! Drop the mic, end the thread. We don't even need our Maiden pins anymore. Well said

#2131 1 year ago

I can't seem to find who is doing the software on this game... is it known yet?

#2132 1 year ago
Quoted from Baiter:

John Wort

#2133 1 year ago
Quoted from NPO:

This was your biggest swing and a miss in quite a while. Normally, your humor is dead on.

Nah it’s been off for about 9 months.

#2134 1 year ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Nah it’s been off for about 9 months.

That makes sense... I bought Aerosmith 9 months ago

#2135 1 year ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Wow.... How do I put this...

Quoted from Eskaybee:

Boo-ya! Drop the mic, end the thread.

That' ll do pig.

#2136 1 year ago
Quoted from Baiter:

New programmer is doing the actual code, but the concept for it all is Keith Elwin's.

The new higher prices have me in wait mode, and my problem with the band is different than some in this thread, they're not heavy enough for my tastes.

But Keith's layout + Keith's code ideas are gonna make this a winner is my guess. I may end up with one still, just not gonna rush.

#2137 1 year ago

Wait...

There’s an Iron Maiden comic book?

There’s an Iron Maiden cell phone game?

It’s almost like they’re selling an image

The Oreo cookie commercial plays Notorious BIG now so nothing is sacred

#2138 1 year ago
Quoted from NPO:

No, it’s just really advanced now.

Monte said it best

Quoted from Monte:

Some can’t fathom the composition or brilliance of this.

#2139 1 year ago

For those Maiden haters on here let me explain something about Maiden and coolness. Coolness is not the act of being like everyone else and wearing north face jackets or liking brittany spears or Metallica. Yes we know they both sold as many albums as Justin beaver...who cares...hating Iron Maiden’s music is not making you look cooler...just sayin.

#2140 1 year ago
Quoted from flamehead:

For those Maiden haters on here let me explain something about Maiden and coolness. Coolness is not the act of being like everyone else and wearing north face jackets or liking brittany spears or Metallica. Yes we know they both sold as many albums as Justin beaver...who cares...hating Iron Maiden’s music is not making you look cooler...just sayin.

Agree only a few haters so far but they can’t help how great this game will sell and to all those that wanted it made.

#2141 1 year ago

Yeah for all of you who can’t stand Maidens music, get lost, this or any other Maiden thread is not for you. Go look up the Captain Fantastic thread and see what fun you can have there.

#2142 1 year ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Yeah for all of you who can’t stand Maidens music, get lost,

Whoa dude harsh language ...relax

Quoted from yuriijos:

...this or any other Maiden thread is not for you.

Haha...is it 'Haunted or something?"

Quoted from yuriijos:

Go look up the Captain Fantastic thread and see what fun you can have there.

Hmmmm...

#2143 1 year ago

Dude, dont you have anything better to do with your time? BTW, the Red Wings SUCK!!!

#2144 1 year ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

Maiden is classic METAL. If you don't like it, that's cool. I'm sure a Barry Manilow pin will be made eventually, just for you guys.

“Her name was Lola”...

#2145 1 year ago
Quoted from facelift:

Maybe because Europe is a bigger market than the US?
Maybe because Iron Maiden as a band is bigger in Europe than in the US?
Maybe because it was a European distributor who first pitched the idea of Iron Maiden to Gary? (All together he pitched 6 game titles of which 5 now have become a reality. I am not going to reveal the last one.)
Maybe because they want the games to hit the market at roughly the same time?
Maybe because the universe does not revolve around the US even though many Americans seem to think so?
Maybe none of the above?
Maybe all the above?
You choose

#2146 1 year ago

Looks like more IMDN game play video was just posted..
https://instagram.com/p/BhODDcUgyLz/

#2147 1 year ago
Quoted from facelift:

simple :

because as it, we will be "testing" the 1st run, and sometimes getting the shit out of it (i bought/got 1 GB from the very 1st run)

joking of course, as it took (west europe) +/- 3 to 4 weeks from the factory to the distributor

#2148 1 year ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Looks like more IMDN game play video was just posted..
https://instagram.com/p/BhODDcUgyLz/

Damn... It looks great. Most original layout Stern has done in a long time.

#2149 1 year ago

Looks like it plays fast, this could be a winner. Did not even really look for a LE although I did think about putting a deposit down ages ago when Stern got the license. Probably go for a premium if it looks like a upgrade from the pro fun wise.

Love the band, always have dug Eddie and I really like the song choices. Hope Stern quality has not went to total crap since I bailed.

Hi all.

#2150 1 year ago

Our Danish distributor got some Iron Maiden pros at storage now, one of them is allready on location.

Little gameplay footage with mr. Stern-Denmark

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Great American Pinball
$ 50.00
There are 7167 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 144.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside