20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #390 Stern Official Teaser Video Link for Iron Maiden Pinball Posted by Pinballrocks (6 years ago)

Post #798 Quick intro on Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by TheLaw (6 years ago)

Post #920 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by Apollyon (6 years ago)

Post #1351 Link to short video clip of the Pro Model livestream on 3/27 Posted by Sparky (6 years ago)

Post #1675 Video of LE features missing from Pro that Prem/LE will have Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #1682 Link to hi-res PDF of the feature matrix for Iron Maiden Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #2080 Premium/LE different ramp cutout (Pharaoh head) picture Posted by Pinzzz (6 years ago)

Post #2146 Link to gameplay video from Pro version in Europe Posted by Concretehardt (6 years ago)

Post #2498 Deadflip video on YouTube link. Posted by FalconPunch (6 years ago)

Post #2665 Iron Maiden Pro live stream link from Stream #2 Posted by Asael (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1554 6 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Deposit placed on IFM LE !
Anyone know of Stern's estimated production date? I'd like to know and add + 2 months to set the proper expectations of delivery

Let’s hope you get a good PF Kpg

Another leap of faith I see?

#1557 6 years ago

Here we go again. The LE price gouge is in full swing

Why not? We pin buyers are stupid. Myself at the top of the list

#1561 6 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

I missed the LE pricing..anyone say what the street price is yet?

Concrete just said somebody is wanting $9299 no shipping now.

Supposedly it was $8799 shipped before

I’m thinking no F ing way. But we all lose our collective got damn minds when it comes to this BS

#1575 6 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Pffft that’s cheap Ice
Here in the UK an LE quoted from our official distributor (not including our independent resellers - the guys we go to) is £10,800 that’s about $15,200

Man you guys are F Ed and insane at that price Jon!

I say if you love it knock yourself out

It’s crazy how we have gotten to this point though

And yet I’ll be the one first in line on the Munsters boutique. Already dropped $12500 on POTCCE.

We all need some kind of mental help because it really is F ing insane

#1577 6 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

I thought the LE model was toast for Stern, but fak....this one looks solid...

No shit. It’s hard to believe isn’t it

I feel like this party is going to end like a drunken frat party gone bad... or really good? Animal House

We are gonna wake up one day and wonder wtf just happened!

#1591 6 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Just say no Ice.
“No”
Rolls off the tongue nicely.
Quite easy to do. You don’t need to buy one.
And 12,500 for POTC CE is just fucking insane.
rd

Exactly RD. And I’m NOT buying this one

But, your Aussies play Rugby and have their nutsacks ripped open for fun. And keep playing

Kind of the same thing, no?

#1592 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

Stern sold out of 799 Star Trek LE’s....

At what price. I had one reserved and canceled because of the non laser and aluminum foil ball, late redesign etc. This ain’t your daddy’s ST

You better want to own a pin costing this much, with 500 made, for a LONG F ing time because you will lose your ass when you go to sell it

No pin, NONE of them are going to maintain these values over time

Remember the EM?

#1593 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

From what I have been told the LE only has upgraded JBL speakers and EQ.

That’s what I got sucked into last weekend when I purchased an F pace sport package with all the bells and whistles and 380HP and the UPGRADED sound package!

For my wife btw. I have 3 girls too so I know I’m screwed. Pinball is my only safe place

F it, bought Alice and going to Vegas this weekend. All in on Villanova to win the big prize

I’m leaving the LE mania to you guys

#1888 6 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

As opposed to say, slow drunken stoner music like Jimmy Buffet. (not a dig at Jimmy, just that it's not a good fit)

Lol! "slow drunken stoner". I guess slow by comparison to IM

#2037 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

300 and 200 respectively, although lots of the LTBRs were shipped overseas. Only leaving 200 Maiden LEs in the US is leaving a LOT of money on the table. Stern finally gets it right and they turn around and get it wrong.

Leaving $$$ on the table is what makes it "limited" and allows them to sell them for more $$$ and bigger profits in the future. The worst thing they could do is continue to try and squeeze every dime out of every product while destroying the future secondary market in the process.

When you keep raising prices you better do something to make it more desirable.

No they got it right this time.

#2486 6 years ago

If you are a total Stiff player then those 4 flippers ain’t gonna do you a bit of good

Elwin and Sharpe make it look easy

2 weeks later
#4235 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

after they're all sold out (new policy @ sternpinball w/ premium models) and distro's have taken 100% of deposit money. images will only be send to a few people with explicit instructions not to share

Wtf?

That can’t be right. That’s idiotic

How do you sell out of the premium

#4442 5 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

what is the end price for an LE supposed to be now?

Got mine for $8799 today from a great distro

#4443 5 years ago
Quoted from RichieWrench:

yeah -- wont pay above list with anyone like that -- Just does not seem right - So Just my opinion

You might need a wrench to pull out whatever they did to you on the bend over and ankle grab

#4552 5 years ago

I love the look of the LE

It’s a different color scheme from all my other pins and

It’s a Yeti piece of amazing art

#4560 5 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

........for Christmas!

That too Billy, gonna roll it out during the holidays into the living room next to my Xmas tree!

#4736 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

lol, nice 'unbiased' comparison. Here, let's see if I can add more to this with my 'unbiased' thoughts:
MET:
- A-Typical Fan layout: Check
- Unoriginal design: Check
- Uninspring lars call outs: Check
- Grinding woodchopping rules: check
IMDN:
- Inventive layout: Check
- Creative Ruleset: Check
- Amazing Sounds and Call outs: Check
- Blows MET out of the water: Check
P.S - Good luck finding a MET NIB for $1500; might be a good investment opportunity if you can.
EDIT: but to be fair, MET really is an awesome pin. It's just no IMDN

The HUGE difference to me is the "unoriginal design" of MET, still a great pin but creative and different is what I look for!

#4830 5 years ago

I'm confused as shit right now!

Missed stream because of work. What am i missing? They already showed up the LE cab and artwork and distro said they are about to ship?

#5088 5 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

As long as my decals don't start peeling and my cabinet stays intact, I'll be thrilled.
This is a sad commentary, but my expectations are low.

Karma may not be on your side here Mike!

#5225 5 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

You got ripped off and I got mine for 8K from skyemont's distributor.

Wtf?

#5235 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

MAP = Minimum ADVERTISED Price
The distributors can sell it for anything they want, higher or lower than the MAP
Stern can't control what a distributor actually sells it for, because that would violate federal price fixing laws.
BOSE speaker company got in trouble with the feds for trying to fix the SELLING price from it's dealers.
So now you always see the same ADVERTISED price everywhere when BOSE are on sale, yet you can buy them for much less in person.
(BTW, I'm certainly NOT suggesting you buy BOSE, lol.....)

So Stern basically suggested that the distributors collude to fix prices

#5290 5 years ago

I feel like making love to that sexy beast!!!!

#5300 5 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

Bottom cabinet speaker is a Goldwood USA, same speaker that was in the Luci pin. At least it is an upgrade from the cheap pro speaker.

You aren't allowed to be gone for the arrival MN!!! Where are your priorities.

#5381 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Just wanted to point out what i saw... not trying to start a shit storm. We really enjoyed maiden and will b looking to get a premium at some point. Just was concerned wirh these new pins pulled out for the show allready showing issues.

Way to go BigD

#5415 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I've repaired 100s of Gott cabs back in the day too.
Biscuits, and dowels are great for alignment, but not strength. Finish nails are great to hold a joint until the glue dries- but they pull out easily, bend easily.
The only substantially stronger joint than the different loc-joints would be Dovetail joints - and those would telegraph that trapezoid pattern through the paint. It might look cool on the right title if unpainted.
The real problem with pin cabs is they are a poor design choice. An open frame box is simply weak from the getgo.

Man now I can drink beer today and relax!

Thx Vid

What would you say is the difference on a JJP cab? Serious question

#5425 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It looks like the JJP cab is not plywood, it's Medium Density Fiberboard
It appears to have brad nails in it.
It appears to have a lap joint rather than a locking corner joint.

Medium Density Fiberboard is about 40% heavier than plywood, so that makes for a really heavy cab.

They are damn heavy. Any real benefit of using the fiberboard?

#5432 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Advantages:
MDF is half the price of MDO Plywood.
MDF is 40% heavier, so you get a much heavier game without making the cabinet panels thicker.
Disadvantages:
If MDF gets wet it soaks up water like a sponge and expands.
MDF has 1/2 of the screw holding power.
MDF is much less impact resistant on the corners.

So despite being heavier, lesser cost and quality versus the Stern cabs.

#5439 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

My experience is that neither plywood nor MDF are really good at holding a corner joint, especially if stressed.

So one is heavier and costs less. Makes sense, any corner joint that is getting hammered is gonna have a potential issue.

I just played my Woz, yes its harder to nudge!

And can't wait to get IMDNLE in the house!

#5441 5 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I hate to continue woodgate but this is nonsensical. Of course JJP is higher quality. I've owned many a stern and a few JJP - WOZ almost killed me after taking it out myself from the car and I miscalculated the heavier weight distro due to the tv in the head. When I played WOZ or DI, you could barely even nudge the game! With the new sterns, I could probably flip it over while playing if I wanted. Night and day diff.
That being said, I love them both!

Heavy is cheaper. Doesn’t equal quality.

I own both too. And my Woz butter cab is sweet

Possibly the most overblown pile of pinball nonsense ever

#5502 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

I'm getting ready to order a pro. First nib, first stern. This is what I can expect ???

They make thousands of pinball machines a year. No one else is even remotely close.

I’ve purchased 7 Stern pins Nib and the only issue I’ve ever had was with my BM66 turn table. Fixed right away with great customer service

Don’t worry about it

#5628 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Back when I had my route, our local distributor would pay for us to deliver games to wealthy clients.
We would always do a 24-hour burn in on the games and then deliver them unboxed.
There would always be a dozen little problems with the games, so finding them ahead of time ment much less trouble for the distributor.

I thought Bally games were perfect ?

#5641 5 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Who is your distributor??

Who was the distributor

#5645 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Well, when you're far away from the US you can't buy your game boxed at a good dealer, because after having been shipped araound half the globe there's allways something broken-ish, wich the distrubutor wants to check/ fix before delivering. (Picture) - So an unboxed game is actually a good thing.
But in the US I'd guess it's just a game Hilton didn't want because there was Kanedas poop beneath the cab and they try to sell to someone else.

Wtf, where is that?

#5649 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Dont forget:
1) Stern ships overseas first in freight containers because they take a month to arrive. And of course that container is FULL.
2) Dialed In! won GOTY TWIPY and there's nothing you can't do about it.

Haha...impressive but where are the DI's?

Love the Pinball Universe 18 wheeler!

#5652 5 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Long story, way too off-topic, and altough I'd like to have one the import fees together with the allready high price kills it for me.
(Personally I think one signature toy, "mid price"-segment, is also great like American Pinball did it with Houdini.)
But: The Iron Maiden Pro shipment jut got in and I'm thinking of driving over, but maybe that's a bad idea, at least for my wallet.

You need to get over there right now and grab one of those IMDN's!

#5728 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Pulled this over from one of the other IMDN threads (thanks Taylor), something to think about... will installing the brackets void the warranty? Sounds like Stern would rather just warranty the Cab.

On route, I'd put the brackets in. HUO, not gonna do it on mine for the reason above. They can send me a new cab if needed

#5780 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Examples. Your game is fine and another has major issues. This guys cabinet is perfect and another is splitting. Another person's cabinet decals are fine and someone else has theirs wrinkling.

The drumbeat goes on. Just cut and paste your reply so you save time typing it out hundreds of times over and over.

This ridiculous comment implies that 50% of the games have issues like this.

Stern produced 10k pins last year. Some have issues that get fixed.

Your whining and crying here is going to do nothing. Get on the phone and call Stern and register your complaints!

And thanks for the heads up Dgoett and input, getting my LE next week!!

#5794 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Just saying for the money spent on a new machine, It should actually play correctly out of the box and not have to worry about the cabinet falling apart!

For the money we pay for cars we should never have to take it to the dealer to get fixed

#5798 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

but just how long would a car company or an appliance company last if their QC was as wishy-washy as stern's? I don't understand why it's the norm to expect every single other consumer item that you can purchase to work right out of the box, but when people start complaining about the lack of quality of a pinball machine, it's time to bring out the pitchforks
yes, we could vote with our dollars, but truth be told that's never going to happen. there are way too many people that will line up and put their money down for this product [sight unseen] and then bitch and moan, but continue to do the exact same thing again when another machine that fits their desires is announced
we, as a community are our own worst enemy and until everyone (and I mean everyone) takes a stand about the lack of QC, it's going to continue to happen

To me, bottom line sales are the biggest indicator of how truly bad the issue is.

And Stern is kicking ass right now

So the sky is falling mantra is way overblown

Not to say it would be nice if we got 100% defect free but that ain’t ever gonna happen in the real world

I’m thrilled with my Stern pins and looking forward to Alice and Potc

It’s all good. Pinball is great. Think positive and don’t sweat the small stuff

#5804 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Iceman, if Stern put a fork of a forklift through your cabinet I think you would say "don't worry about" it at this point, lol. Stop getting so defensive when someone questions Stern quality. At these prices a vast majority or customers want a quality product without issues.

And a VAST majority of customers get a quality product without issues. I know that’s hard for you to grasp

And oh by the way, my first Stern Nib, a LotrLE came without a pallet jack hole through the bottom of the cab!

Automated sent me a new one right away

#5805 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

stern is no different where a good portion of their labor force is temporary help and their staff size varies on a week by week basis based on their work load. however, this translates to the issues that we are commonly seeing and the lack of QC that should be not only stopping the product from proceeding any further, but actions taken to ensure that it doesn't happen as frequently as it is
let's put it another way:
if I put out a pinball mod and charged you $500 and it arrived broken (but fixable) or scratched up, would you just deal with it or [complain and] send it back?

See what you wrote above. Stern doesn’t have engineers up and down the line putting these games together

It’s really nuts to believe that Stern doesn’t care about QC and wants to deal with issues non stop

It’s as if some people think Stern is intentionally out to F them

If the QC was that bad nobody would buy their games and their market share would go to 10%

The whole out of control pricing issue will take care of itself sooner than later

#5808 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

Why did you request a new one if it came WITHOUT a hole?

I was a newbie back then and asked the community should I just live with it and of course I got the send back advice

Automated took it back AFTER I accepted delivery like a dummy

Obviously a fork lift ran it right through the box and into the bottom of the cab

Still, $5200 for a Nib LotrLE was nice. The good old days

#5811 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

My joke flopped.

Yeah a split cab would be tough to deal with.

Like the PFs I’m sure they will get tired of replacing cabs and fix the issue

Didn’t Rotodave get one and glue it back himself?

#5891 5 years ago

Some people are happy with the pro?

Some people will be happy with the premium?

Some people are happy with the LE?

Got it

#5913 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I haven't owned either GB or SW but if I did I would pick up the Pro versions over the Premium. I've spent a good amount of time on both and think that the Pro versions of both games just play better and smoother. On Star Wars the plastic ramps on the Pro feel smoother and I like the way the horseshoe shot feels better without the jump ramp. It's nice that you can backhand the Death Star shot on the Pro which isn't really feasible on the Premium. The hyperloop is a really cool feature when you get it going but the game just doesn't feel as good to shoot compared to the Pro. On GB Premium the left ramp isn't nearly as smooth to shoot and I get way more airballs than I get on the Pro. Premium just feels clunkier and more brutal to play and I'm not a fan of the magna-slings. I don't get nearly as frustrated playing the Pro. I also kind of like the right ramp setup on the Pro vs. the Premium. It does make it a bit right flipper heavy but the game is an easy one to post-pass on which allows you to transfer to the left flipper easy enough.

Not a fan of GB pro. Right ramp blows

Love the premium/LE.

Magna slings, subway, slimer, etc

Great fun. Only thing that holds it back is it’s not Lyman code

#5925 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

I know it’s the wrong thread but iceman the right ramp on the pro is phenomenal! Far superior and more satisfying than the right ramp on the prem/LE. Sorry guys I know wrong thread...

That's the beauty of pinball Zach! Different strokes. I played the pro a few times and was like wtf, is that ramp for real?

When you lower the right ramp on the premium/LE to minimize the rejects its a cool shot and fun to hit.

#5975 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Ah shit. Now I have to listen to you two clowns giggling and having the time of your lives to get to the “good stuff”.
I prefer pinball podcasts featuring a raving lunatic with a persecution complex who can find the negative in any situation and them dwell on it endlessly for months or years.

#6113 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Wheeeww!
I bet everyone is glad they bought the LE and did not wait for the Indiana "Iron" Jones premium.

times 1000. Not digging the Premium so much

#6233 5 years ago

One thing is for sure Zombie Yeti is awesome regardless of which model you like!

#6301 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

"Oh, Maiden LE. Oh, Maiden LE....."

Lol. Mine is showing up tomorrow. Will go great in the living room right next to my xmas tree.

I'm not a fan of yellow/brown colors but i think they all look great.

I get your point about the premium being more "cohesive".

#6393 5 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I am in the process of trying to hook up my LE to my external Polk subwoofer.

I read in the feature matrix there is supposed to be a "New CPU mounted line-out audio connector for external amplification"

Where is that line-out connector?

Stern saw that you bought another game from them decided not to include that in your pin KPG!

Congrats on LE, mine arrives this afternoon.

#6440 5 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Think its a fair price as someone might want a limited version although the premium is so friggin nice as is the pro. Tough one but with so many tittles coming out it's tough to worry about collecting anymore as space is always the issue.

No shit Billy, Popping the LE box now and just need to make some room but not really right?

I have vacated the Game room upstairs of pins, youngest daughter moving in there. Oldest 2 are out the door, one at Vanguard and the other heading to college.

Slamming 12 pins now into 3 car garage mancave with more to come.

Something has to give!

Will probably drop a couple off down at my house at the coast and not worry about the salt air rust factor. I'll be dead before the legs start falling off!

It feels like Xmas in more ways than one Billy!!!

#6446 5 years ago

Maple, love the ideas but can you get your kids to figure out this internet cut and paste thing!

Good try for old farts but hey. I can't do it either.

#6568 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Black lights are UV-A light with some overlap into the more dangerous UV-B. Cool in limited doses, but long term exposure (like hours at a time on a new/hot pinball machine) can damage eyes and affect your vision forever. Putting it anywhere that would involve long-term exposure (like a pinball machine) is not a good idea.

Buzzkill

#6681 5 years ago
Quoted from jefryan:

My game isn't registering any sarcophagus newton ball shots. Can someone please show me exactly how to adjust the leaf switch which a few have stated is the fix?
Thanks

Gap is too wide. Make sure the flimsy poorly designed white plastic arm is making contact with the leaf. Bend the leaf to make it tighter with contact arm

#6694 5 years ago
Quoted from jefryan:

Chalky, thanks. I was actually surprised at how big of a gap that was. Once I adjusted it to the same gap as that one it started working. Only a couple of games in, so I will monitor it closely. Thanks all of you for the input, I really appreciate it.

Good job! Have fun

The Orb switch will probably end up needing adjustment too. Mine did

#6727 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

So this happened unexpectedly today.... was waiting on premium but good deal on pro popped up. Has 19 plays on it lol made april 14 and still has .91 code. Is that the original code released? My first spike pin so not sure how to update code? Is it same as sam?

.98 now. Can’t be any easier

Download on drive and load it in back box. Follow instructions right there

#6831 5 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Keith said it will be in the game that is the pro and madness they just have to work it out to incorporate it so it is coming

He said in the interview that Madness Mode isn’t going into the Pro because of the ramp

#6839 5 years ago
Quoted from lapean111:

You guys, sounds like it is eventually going to be in, they are just tweaking it. Let's stop repeating ourselves over and over.

Listen to the interview yourself. It's not happening.

#6843 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Who cares about one dam mode? The game has plenty of shit to offer and one more mode hitting ramps isnt gonna make a difference lol.

I don't, just clarifying what the F ing guy said. Its a great game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 24.50
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Warren, OH
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday?tu=iceman44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.