20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 126 of 144.
#6251 5 years ago

I can see why they switched the LE with the Premium. The Premium is far more generic, and the LE is more unique. All 3 are amazing. I can't remember a release where I would gladly have all 3 models in my collection.

#6252 5 years ago

All that yellowness caught me off guard for a minute but this game is going to fit into my collection nicely.

#6253 5 years ago

True all look great, prem would be my choice of art, minus the yellow t molding is all.

#6254 5 years ago

Many thanks! Great combo. I'll have to try and find a Premium translite!

#6255 5 years ago

Dear Baby Jesus... I see what's in my living room, now let me get off work!!!!! And for those questioning their purchase of an LE... we buy LE's because we want something that others don't have. Not because it has better art. Enjoy that you have something only 499 others on the planet have. What a thing of beauty. It isn't a gamble, it's a commitment to an elite club. And yes we pay extra for that privilege. Enjoy these moments! #26 and couldn't be happier for all of us fortunate enough to own any Iron Maiden machine.

IMG_1501 (resized).JPGIMG_1501 (resized).JPG

#6256 5 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

[hybrid Pro cabinet / Premium translite]

That's looks surprisingly good! Now if the backbox sides just reflected some Aces High artwork, the game's various elements would all be reflected.

#6257 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

I hope they are using warm-white LEDs behind this translite.
With the coloring used here some custom led work could really make this pop!
...that said this is exactly what I pictured the translite to be based on the comic book images. The "parade marshal" Eddie is not my favourite but the execution is certainly nicely done given the source material from the comic book. I'm sure it will look really great in person.

Doubt it. Stock Spike2 board is where the LEDs are now and they're surface mounted. They're not running special boards just for the premium. It will be cool white, like all the rest. RGB ones would be awesome in the future, so you can make it how you like, and the board will still work in all the Spike2 games.

#6258 5 years ago
Quoted from theironmaiden:

And for those questioning their purchase of an LE... we buy LE's because we want something that others don't have.

Says the guy with one LE.

#6259 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

It would be nice to see all three models but i dont think they ever reveal all three at once do they?

Sure they do, it's utterly normal in fact. Happened tons of times. Then they started adding different versions later, like with Metallica and Walking Dead, sort of with Luci, and now everyone is used to it being stupid to the point when you've already forgotten it's not normal.

If you're mad because you ordered an LE then stop posting on Pinside, take a breath, look in the mirror, and realize there's exactly one person to blame for it.

Nobody made you do it. Yes, it's lame they didn't reveal stuff ahead of time, but it's still on you to be a rational adult and make decisions based on the information available. Limited Edition games aren't magical, it's an art package. If you don't order one and miss out the world will keep on spinning. If you did and you regret it, sell it, make or lose some money, keep breathing.

#6260 5 years ago
Quoted from RVH:

Says the guy with one LE.

He can be in the club too. You share with your brother.

#6261 5 years ago

I would rank the models in terms of artwork as follows. Premium then Pro then L.E. They are all pretty nice but I think the Pro and especially the L.E suffer from too much blotchy colour on the cabs. From a distance you can't tell if it's GOTG or BM66 or Maiden. I think the Premium is the most unique and individual package. It would look great with gold hardware!

#6262 5 years ago
Quoted from adamsebas:

I would rank the models in terms of artwork as follows. Premium then Pro then L.E.

Well, that’s your opinion. For me backglass is; le>premium>pro cabs are; pro> le>premium

#6263 5 years ago

Dear Baby Jesus... I see what's in my living room, now let me get off work!!!!! And for those questioning their purchase of an LE... we buy LE's because we want something that others don't have. Not because it has better art. Enjoy that you have something only 499 others on the planet have. What a thing of beauty. It isn't a gamble, it's a commitment to an elite club. And yes we pay extra for that privilege. Enjoy these moments! #26 and couldn't be happier for all of us fortunate enough to own any Iron Maiden machine.

I didn't commit to any "elite club" nor do I want something "others can't have". That's some elitist bullshit right there. SOME of us are Iron Maiden fans. You're probably that asshole that's on his phone the whole concert.

#6264 5 years ago
Quoted from adamsebas:

I would rank the models in terms of artwork as follows. Premium then Pro then L.E. They are all pretty nice but I think the Pro and especially the L.E suffer from too much blotchy colour on the cabs. From a distance you can't tell if it's GOTG or BM66 or Maiden. I think the Premium is the most unique and individual package. It would look great with gold hardware!

I like the LE and Pro Cabs best and LE Back Glass hands down, the Premium isn't working as well for me.. its still awesome just my least favorite of the three. I had been thinking if the Premium art package was really good I might sell my LE that I have yet to unbox and buy a premium, but now if I did that I think I would just buy the pro.

#6265 5 years ago

Everybody knows the best Maiden album art is on Powerslave. Mummy Eddie kicks ass. Look how well the Premium cab art ties in with the playfield. Once again, the Premium cab art looks the best.

Not saying I wouldn't trade one for an LE, but Prem cab art is #1 for me.

#6266 5 years ago
Quoted from adamsebas:

From a distance you can't tell if it's GOTG or BM66 or Maiden

Yeah cause I like to play pinball from 30 ft away. Never understood why my scores aren't getting any better.

#6267 5 years ago

LE people don't be jealous of the Premium, just think of the money you're all gonna save on a tree every year at Christmas!

#6268 5 years ago
Quoted from trilamb:

LE people don't be jealous of the Premium, just think of the money you're all gonna save on a tree every year at Christmas!

Dont worry about us LE and Pro guys we will be enjoying our IRON MAIDEN Pin this Christmas, I hope like your "IROIDEN" Pin

9704B251-C6B2-46D5-9858-B8390BC98417 (resized).jpeg9704B251-C6B2-46D5-9858-B8390BC98417 (resized).jpeg

#6269 5 years ago
Quoted from trilamb:

"Oh, Maiden LE. Oh, Maiden LE....."

chrismas-shop-tree (resized).jpgchrismas-shop-tree (resized).jpg

#6270 5 years ago

Well clearly that was taken or said wrong as I simply meant that it would be like buying a top of the line anything. It's nice to enjoy these things sometime in life was all. Wow. I've admired so many on here and was just saying it was cool . Never mind.

#6271 5 years ago

Does the inflated prices on a LE go up or down after today?
Who knows. Don’t really care.
What I do know is that ZY is a keeper artist for Stern.
What an asset, across the board his effort on IMDN just confirms it.

#6272 5 years ago

I actually really dig the cab art on the LE. It's just not very cohesive with the Egyptian playfield. More collage than cohesion.

#6273 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I didn't commit to any "elite club" nor do I want something "others can't have". That's some elitist bullshit right there. SOME of us are Iron Maiden fans. You're probably that asshole that's on his phone the whole concert.

You said it brother. I've bought LEs before and gaining the privilege to be some elite asshole never entered my mind when I made the decision to splurge. I just picked the game that I wanted the most from what was offered.

#6275 5 years ago

I don't get it....just played some games at 35 and no clipping. Last night....clipping. Does the .97 improve this anyone know?
Also...nailing that super skill shot for 10m is a UUGE rush!!!

#6276 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I don't get it....just played some games at 35 and no clipping. Last night....clipping. Does the .97 improve this anyone know?
Also...nailing that super skill shot for 10m is a UUGE rush!!!

Lol I didn’t even know it was a 10m skill shot; I just want that dam multiplier and longer ball saver

#6277 5 years ago

Well clearly that was taken or said wrong as I simply meant that it would be like buying a top of the line anything. It's nice to enjoy these things sometime in life was all.

Just busting balls man, get sick and leave work and set that thing up! The LE is amazing!

#6278 5 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Sure they do, it's utterly normal in fact. Happened tons of times. Then they started adding different versions later, like with Metallica and Walking Dead, sort of with Luci, and now everyone is used to it being stupid to the point when you've already forgotten it's not normal.
If you're mad because you ordered an LE then stop posting on Pinside, take a breath, look in the mirror, and realize there's exactly one person to blame for it.
Nobody made you do it. Yes, it's lame they didn't reveal stuff ahead of time, but it's still on you to be a rational adult and make decisions based on the information available. Limited Edition games aren't magical, it's an art package. If you don't order one and miss out the world will keep on spinning. If you did and you regret it, sell it, make or lose some money, keep breathing.

I didn't buy an LE, matter of fact i havent bought any version of the game yet lol.

#6279 5 years ago

Smart move, at least for me, has always been huo premium. Had to go balls out for this one though. If you have the patience, wait a year and buy a used premium.

#6280 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Dont worry about us LE and Pro guys we will be enjoying our IRON MAIDEN Pin this Christmas, I hope like your "IROIDEN" Pin

I would love to have the LE but I'd be too worried my kid would bump his head climbing underneath it to grab his presents.

#6281 5 years ago

LOL!
That joke was SO funny like, 6000 posts ago.
Man I'm just kiddin....it wasn't.

#6282 5 years ago
Quoted from trilamb:

I would love to have the LE but I'd be too worried my kid would bump his head climbing underneath it to grab his presents.

#6283 5 years ago

ONCE UPON THE CROSS!!!

#6284 5 years ago

Well clearly that was taken or said wrong as I simply meant that it would be like buying a top of the line anything. It's nice to enjoy these things sometime in life was all. Wow. I've admired so many on here and was just saying it was cool . Never mind.

Some of us knew you were just excited, if you feel bad about it you can sell me your pro at a discounted price

#6285 5 years ago

Well, I don't mind the premium at all, but which version has the best balance of art and features?

For art, first there are the backglasses:

Iron Maiden BackglassesIron Maiden Backglasses

I would say they are all great.
- The pro offers the greatest variety, but cyborg isn't my fav.. Still great.
- The LE has a trooper focus, which is great, and the nuke is cool. The tank and game-based characters are not so good. The big plus is that it's mirrored. This could push it over the other two.
- The Premium is super cool. I like the color scheme and balance of figures. There is less going on in this one, which is a good thing. It's more thematic than the other two, but the Eddie is far more cartoonish, as if he came out of a Saturday morning special.

Second, the side art:

Iron Maiden Side ArtIron Maiden Side Art
- The pro is straight up Trooper, which is awesome. This looks the closest to classic maiden. The backbox has killers, which is KILLER!
- The LE has the plane (Bruce's choice, obviously), which is far better in high-rez than I thought it would be. Foil likely makes it even better. The Aces High backbox Eddie looks really cool too.
- The Premium is mummy Eddie blasting through the title. It looks like it says "Ironden Beast." It's cool, but I find it plain compared to the other two. The back box looks similarly plain from the full pin photo below, but I'd have to see a better picture.

Third, the full pins:
Iron Maiden all modelsIron Maiden all models
- The pro looks great with its less busy cab. The translite looks busy though. Colour scheme is great.
- The LE does look like an xmas tree in this photo, but the owner photos prove this wrong. It is darker and better blended than it appears.
- the Prem looks like Indy, which isn't necessarily bad. With black T-molding, it will look great. This model has essentially a two-color theme, which is good!

With regard to overall art, they all look great. In person, it may be far different. I'd say the LE would have a chance edging the other two out with the foil and mirrored backglass. That being said, the color scheme and simplicity of the pro or premium might do the same.

To conclude about art, I'd say they are pretty close to equal. Each has both good and bad attributes.

Finally, features:
- To me, this is where the pro is out. The lock and ramp features of the other two are awesome, although I've only played the pro. Maybe the other features will negatively affect gameplay.
- If cost is an issue, the pro is a FANTASTIC value.
- I'm hoping to see the LE and Premium side-by-side to see if the foil and mirrored bg push the LE over the top.

I WANT ALL THREE!

#6286 5 years ago
Quoted from NightMutilator:

I personally feel that the Premium looks like it was originally intended to be the LE since it fits the overall theme. Maybe that's why it took so long for approvals. Trying to decide which one should be represented for what. I do understand why the premium got this theme since there will be many more of these out in the wild...

Not sure if it has been mentioned but yes! Listened to Head2Head Podcast where they had Zombi Yetti one and he said this! They swapped around the artwork

#6287 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I WANT ALL THREE!

Great write-up and I concur. I love the look of the Pro, I've played it a ton on location, and loved the LE even the first time it was shown (Christmas tree jokes aside) and the location near me is getting it this week and can't wait to see it in person, and I'm very glad I chose the Premium as I dig the Egyptian theme, Powerslave is my fave Maiden album, and think it's the most "kid-friendly" of the three, which is important to me with my young son.

Overall you can't go wrong.

#6288 5 years ago

Such a great game. The LE is stunning in person. Premium is gonna be huge, love it! Pro is fantastic! Everyone wins. I am glad I got the LE but would have been happy with the others as well.

#6289 5 years ago

Good and fair comparison and thanks for putting everything together for easy viewing. It's appreciated for people still making up their mind.
I will say that once you've spent any time on the LE [or premium], you won't want to play a pro again. Well, at least you WILL miss the additional features. Happened to my son and I. League has a pro after we've gotten used to my LE and only having a stupid captive ball really detracts from all that the sarcophagus offers.

#6290 5 years ago

They are all awesome!! Well done Keith and Jeremy! You made us Maiden fans proud! I cannot wait to get my pro!

#6291 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

That pic of the Pro backglass is wrong... it doesn't have the angled "IRON MAIDEN" text.

#6292 5 years ago

I decided to do a custom PETG playfield protector. Couple of thoughts. Just buy the German one from playfield protectors when it’s available. It’s a huge pain in the ass to make your own template and cut it out, although I’d have had an easier time with scissors than a utility knife... Work a bit more and buy one already made! My other thought is please, Stern, just put them on already! I installed one on my LE because it cost $9k, more than the last car I purchased, and I like the one I put on my BM66. They actually work and gameplay is great. Finally got to play and the buzz is true, one of the best out there!

958D6220-424F-4BA3-8F2A-B87CF4432490 (resized).jpeg958D6220-424F-4BA3-8F2A-B87CF4432490 (resized).jpeg

5DF7638A-5240-4082-BC1E-03ADB52D9668 (resized).jpeg5DF7638A-5240-4082-BC1E-03ADB52D9668 (resized).jpeg

CCC4D1CC-7DDA-4326-9F0A-2BB8B71093A1 (resized).jpegCCC4D1CC-7DDA-4326-9F0A-2BB8B71093A1 (resized).jpeg

#6293 5 years ago

Man, that Premium translite is awesome.

#6294 5 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

That pic of the Pro backglass is wrong... it doesn't have the angled "IRON MAIDEN" text.

True. It was a high rez that I found quick. It's not that much of a difference, and the angled lettering is below that pic in the pic of the full pin if you're concerned.

#6295 5 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

I think it is hilarious that people are angry with Stern for taking their money before showing the art. Really?? It is Stern’s fault for not delivering you what you expected AFTER you gave them your money without seeing the art? What a joke, dude.
YOU are the one that took the chance and spent your money, YOU. If you don’t like the art now... well, you just learned a lesson about money and being a ‘grown-up’.

Personally I am not upset with the game at all, I'm just saying it would be better for us all if we could see all three options and make a decision if it's worth taking the plunge for the LE before taking that gamble. I'm done with even slightly being negative as I love pinside, love Iron Maiden, and also know I'll love it regardless...

#6296 5 years ago
Quoted from jardine:

Not sure if it has been mentioned but yes! Listened to Head2Head Podcast where they had Zombi Yetti one and he said this! They swapped around the artwork

Yeah that Premium just screams LE to me, so totally not surprised to hear it swapped. I love the look of this premium I think more than any other premium before it. Super radical.

#6297 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Well, I don't mind the premium at all, but which version has the best balance of art and features?

- The LE has a trooper focus, which is great, and the nuke is cool. The tank and game-based characters are not so good. The big plus is that it's mirrored. This could push it over the other two.
- The Premium is super cool. I like the color scheme and balance of figures. There is less going on in this one, which is a good thing. It's more thematic than the other two, but the Eddie is far more cartoonish, as if he came out of a Saturday morning special.
Second, the side art:

- The pro is straight up Trooper, which is awesome. This looks the closest to classic maiden. The backbox has killers, which is KILLER!
- The LE has the plane (Bruce's choice, obviously), which is far better in high-rez than I thought it would be. Foil likely makes it even better. The Aces High backbox Eddie looks really cool too.
- The Premium is mummy Eddie blasting through the title. It looks like it says "Ironden Beast." It's cool, but I find it plain compared to the other two. The back box looks similarly plain from the full pin photo below, but I'd have to see a better picture.
Third, the full pins:

- The pro looks great with its less busy cab. The translite looks busy though. Colour scheme is great.
- The LE does look like an xmas tree in this photo, but the owner photos prove this wrong. It is darker and better blended than it appears.
- the Prem looks like Indy, which isn't necessarily bad. With black T-molding, it will look great. This model has essentially a two-color theme, which is good!
With regard to overall art, they all look great. In person, it may be far different. I'd say the LE would have a chance edging the other two out with the foil and mirrored backglass. That being said, the color scheme and simplicity of the pro or premium might do the same.
To conclude about art, I'd say they are pretty close to equal. Each has both good and bad attributes.
Finally, features:
- To me, this is where the pro is out. The lock and ramp features of the other two are awesome, although I've only played the pro. Maybe the other features will negatively affect gameplay.
- I'm hoping to see the LE and Premium side-by-side to see if the foil and mirrored bg push the LE over the top.
I WANT ALL THREE!

This is a great write-up.

#6298 5 years ago

I wish they wouldn't have swapped the LE and Premium art--then I'd be buying a Premium...

I find it interesting that the band must have liked the original battlefield Premium artwork the best (and wanted it switched to the LE version--which they reportedly took 50 of). Probably caused most of the photo release problems. Bummer, I'd love to have seen the battlefield artwork on the more affordable Premiums.

#6299 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Second, the side art:

Third, the full pins:

Finally, features:
I WANT ALL THREE!

I believe the pro back glass is incorrect in this comparison.

I believe the Iron Maiden is on an angle.

I like it better in the pic you have than the real ones!!

#6300 5 years ago

*** Need help fellas with software update.*** I have formatted a USB drive to FAT32. Downloaded latest code update to hard drive, unzipped, then moved the file over to the USB drive. Inserted into CN9 and powered on and it just boots as normal. No software update engages at all. WHAT AM I MISSING?!!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards
Pinball Machine
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods
Shooter rods
$ 49.99
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz
Other
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz
Decals
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 39.00
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards
Pinball Machine
$ 70.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Slipstream Mod Shop
Men
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 126 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday/page/126 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.