20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #390 Stern Official Teaser Video Link for Iron Maiden Pinball Posted by Pinballrocks (6 years ago)

Post #798 Quick intro on Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by TheLaw (6 years ago)

Post #920 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by Apollyon (6 years ago)

Post #1351 Link to short video clip of the Pro Model livestream on 3/27 Posted by Sparky (6 years ago)

Post #1675 Video of LE features missing from Pro that Prem/LE will have Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #1682 Link to hi-res PDF of the feature matrix for Iron Maiden Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #2080 Premium/LE different ramp cutout (Pharaoh head) picture Posted by Pinzzz (6 years ago)

Post #2146 Link to gameplay video from Pro version in Europe Posted by Concretehardt (6 years ago)

Post #2498 Deadflip video on YouTube link. Posted by FalconPunch (6 years ago)

Post #2665 Iron Maiden Pro live stream link from Stream #2 Posted by Asael (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider charles4400.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3451 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Also, what's up with the game callout "Die with your balls gone!" on the Pro? I was like, "What?"!

I dont have the game yet but sounds like its a play off their song "Die with your boots on"

#3780 6 years ago

I'm already in for the Premium but this is certainly not what I was expecting for the LE art.

Expected something darker theme wise and more in lines with their album covers....wow this is colorful!

#3792 6 years ago

The speakers look bad ass, best thing about the cabinet.

I do like the translite better than the pro, but not a fan of the explosion artwork behind the fighter or behind the tank. Explosions behind Edddie on bg looks good but behind the tank reminds me of this:

tumblr_m9lhf5jsKb1rabgjfo1_1280 (resized).pngtumblr_m9lhf5jsKb1rabgjfo1_1280 (resized).png

#3849 6 years ago

Nailed the LE Artwork!!!

a2bf293f6ec263f0a0a2a088bf519d0b (resized).jpga2bf293f6ec263f0a0a2a088bf519d0b (resized).jpg

#4448 5 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

I'll have to get by with my '77 100 watt JMP. Oh, I used to be in a KISS tribute band too. KISS'D.

*Gasp* how dare you bring up KISS in an Iron Maiden thread, Paul Stanley would find that so disrespectful... almost as disrespectful as wearing an Iron Maiden shirt to a KISS interview...imagine the audacity! Lol!

#4680 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Surprised by what? I'm quite frankly surprised a lot of men are paying attention to a picture of me. I wish it had the same effect on women... But, its like when I wear either of my Flash Gordon T-shirts... Only men ever come up to me and tell me what an awesome shirt it is, and it happens all the time... But, never EVER has a woman told me what a great Flash Gordon shirt I have... Sometimes they do compliment my pecs... But, I mean come on... Of course they would.... Let's focus on pinball here guys... Enough arm pit hair talk and avatar talk.

Forget Flash Gordon, I think you're more of a Flesh Gordon type guy!

MPW-19395 (resized).jpgMPW-19395 (resized).jpg

#4682 5 years ago

But to get back on topic I always wear these shirts to get the ladies at maiden concerts

iron_minion_by_croatian_crusader-d8mb79f (resized).jpgiron_minion_by_croatian_crusader-d8mb79f (resized).jpg

845bee8b02053afbba81bcc97bdab5cc (resized).jpg845bee8b02053afbba81bcc97bdab5cc (resized).jpg

#4687 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Has the hype worn off allready... bc this thread has went to a weird place lmao. Hopefully after the le gameplay tomarrow things will get back on track.... but seriously can we see the dam premium pictures.

Yes this is what happens without new reveals...speaking of new reveals, here's a leaked pic of the Premium backglass I got from my distributor!

the-pope-he-pooper-iron-maiden-the-pooper-23779948 (resized).pngthe-pope-he-pooper-iron-maiden-the-pooper-23779948 (resized).png

#4790 5 years ago

There's a woman sewing something on screen....what am I doing wrong?

#4886 5 years ago

Im still 100% down for my premium.

I like the extra features (yes could have been more... cause I like magnets and long subways!) And certainly dont think they hinder gameplay at all but add to it.

I am biased about the theme though as I am Maiden fan so theme itself guaranteed a spot in the lineup and to me that makes up for any lack of feature value for the price of the premium.

Overall im happy with what I saw on the stream and cant wait to get it in!!!

#4889 5 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Nice! Also I bet Prem will have a solid art package. Just a guess.

If the feature matrix is correct and its egyptian themed then it should tie in perfectly to the playfiled and hopefully complete the whole package as far as looks go.

I hope it will look like the powerslave album but wont be surprised if it doesnt. But i belive it will be inspired by it like the backboard graphics are.

Kind of hard to screw up the egyptian art theme as your going to either have eddie as the sphynx or pharoah eddie, each one fitting perfectly with the game. That works on the cab sides or backglass for this pin!

Heres some egyptian eddie art from the video game (which i havent played) and the comics (which i havent read) but im guessing we will see art or art theme along these lines:

eddie-pharaon-iron-maiden-no (resized).jpgeddie-pharaon-iron-maiden-no (resized).jpg
maxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpg
b9090286b9d03ed6218dd169c27bfeeb_xl (resized).jpgb9090286b9d03ed6218dd169c27bfeeb_xl (resized).jpg
th-2 (resized).jpgth-2 (resized).jpg

#4890 5 years ago

Maybe this one on the left not the mini me eddie lol!

1200x630bb (resized).jpg1200x630bb (resized).jpg

#4892 5 years ago

Or maybe even mummy eddie which would still be cool! Hope i dont eat my words but they cant go wrong on the egyptian theme!

Iron-Maiden-Legacy-of-the-Beast-Mummy-Eddie-Icon-Gaming-Cypher (resized).pngIron-Maiden-Legacy-of-the-Beast-Mummy-Eddie-Icon-Gaming-Cypher (resized).png

#4893 5 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

that's what she said!!!
I'm such a child .___. ....

Of course she only says that after its already in!

#4901 5 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I thought that with the LE!

Ya that's true!

I am definitely no fan of the le artwork but I honestly don't think the premium could be worse....right!?...right???
(No offense to those that like the le artwork, seriously if you like it who the f*ck cares what anyone else thinks!)

BUT unless they have airplanes flying around a pyramid with jetpack eddies(?) shooting fireworks, I can't believe they can screw it up.

Even an ultra colorful egyptian eddie theme would go along with the playfield art (I still hope its not ultra colorful).

I hope the official le reveal also reveals the premium.... would be ridiculous for a long ass separate reveal for the premium.....but so far this is certainly not a traditional reveal.

#5358 5 years ago

That was shitty to see.

Which brackets should be used to replace with? Can someone provide a specific link.

What title did they start using crappier brackets with?

#5362 5 years ago

Are these the brackets to use? The inside leg brackets?

detail (resized).jpgdetail (resized).jpg

#5370 5 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Thanks Mike.
Yep, Charles, those are the ones. Key is screw size. I can't remember off top of my head but there's an entire thread on it here.

Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I have bought Sheet Metal screws - Size 10 and 1/2 inch. It seemed to be what most people recommended.

Thanks for the help you guys!

Shame we have to add these to bulletproof the cab of all things, but looks like its worth it for the long hual. Actually forget the long haul, but for the now, we shouldnt be seeing splits this early on at all!!!

#5391 5 years ago

Back legs too or just the front?

#5393 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

When I'm in there, I usually do all 4, but the front two are the ones that take the most stress, so they're all that NEED to be done. For example, I happen to only have 2 more leg plates on hand, so I'm going over to do the Iron Maiden on location today and will only be doing the front two legs. If I had 4 plates on hand, I'd do all 4, but that's pretty overkill.

Since im ordering mine as well do the backs too. Thanks and thanks for the writeup on what to use and how!

#5553 5 years ago
Quoted from ghostbc:

I spent some time working on it yesterday and here are the fixes. The ball getting stuck behind the back panel was caused by the switch in the tunnel , when it is fully closed(actuated ) there can be a small amount of the switch still sticking up. The ball will get stuck on it even though it is just a little bit so give it a little bend so it is fully out of the way when fully depressed. I did not have one hang up there yesterday and the game got steady play all day.
The ball getting stuck behind the post in top right corner was solved with piece of clear lexan zip tied to the post it was getting stuck behind. No balls got stuck there after the fix as well.
I was also having the ball fly off the end of the right ramp with a hard hit. Solved this by making a small lexan dome to stop ball from jumping at end of ramp.
After the few tweaks the game plays excellent, every customer who played it walked away loving it , wanting it, even the guys who don't love the Iron Maiden music (and I have this game hooked up to PSW-10 sub and cranked up) shaking the whole building , said they were thinking about getting one.
I firmly believe this is Sterns best game in a long time. Enjoy

Awesome glad you were able to fix these issues and they were easy tweaks!

1 week later
#6404 5 years ago

Anyone know if stern is putting out side blades for the prem and pro? Or are they just putting them in the LEs?

I know 3rd party blades will be out all over the place, was just hoping to have artwork with Eddie in them even if its different than the LE blades.

#6413 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

On the Head2Head interview Zombie Yeti said that there were art blades and other official accessories (including a topper) coming soon.

Awesome thats great news thanks!

I wonder how they will do the topper which will fit all 3 styles and hopefully be interactive. Hmmm im thinking maybe a collage of different eddies? Or maybe just trooper eddie (which would work on pro and le but look kinda off on the prems)?

#6417 5 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Gosh you guys got me confused now. Since I am not a maiden fan (besides run to the hills), I was sure pro was the way to go. Now seeing the premium pics and reading the comments....
So which is the one to buy? Why should I get prem or LE over pro?

It was an easy choice for me.

I didnt want to spend the $$$ for the LE (especially now with the markups) so le not even an option. So the choice was really between pro and prem.

This is a keeper for me and I am a Maiden fan so choice was easy to get the extra features of the prem. I dont base the games I buy on the cab or bg artwork, though its always a plus if I like them. I do take into account the pf artwork which happens to be the same in all three so that wasnt a deciding factor. (And I like the pf look)

I was in for the prem without having to even see the external artwork of it or the le. Im glad I like the artwork too, only complaint is I dont like the 'horus' eddie displayed so prominently on the bg... totally reminds me of angry bird eddie!

Since we knew it wasnt going to be album art style, all things considered, I like the overall look of the prem. But even if the artwork wasnt to my taste I would have still gotten the prem.

#6435 5 years ago
Quoted from mattosborn:

Just to clarify, the Horus dude is not an "Eddie". Just a character from the Kingdom of the Sands world in Legacy of the Beast.

Thanks for that, thats good to know they didnt butcher eddies look in that character!

So is the horus dude in the lcd animations in the (pinball) game at all? And is that chick with the wings in the back right in it too?

Id hope if they are going to put them in the bg that they make a show at some point in the animations.

#6516 5 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

For one they help prevent ring dings in the decals for players who like to slap (like me). Also, if you notice, many of the LEs have them, so if just gives it a little more of a substantial look. IMO of course. I'm sure you see things differently.

I like lollipop rails as well. Though I nudge more than I slap I never take off my ring when playing. Also I dont ask or expect any guest to take off their rings when playing either, especially if we are having a party. I like the extra protection and not having to worry about permanent damage or wear.

#6518 5 years ago

There are also always these which are the inbetween of the mylar button covers and the lollipop rails. Havent tried them but seem like a good idea.

https://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=4182

#6520 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

That's true for the stock "black" Stern lollipop rails but if you have a Stern LE game with colored powdercoat it will rub right off if you wear a ring over time causing permanent damage. Mylar is a better option.

Ya it would suck if it started to rubb off on powdercoats and in that case youre right mylar would be better. Id just worry about potential ring dings though.

Do most people ask others to take off rings before playing?

#6521 5 years ago

Im actually waiting to see if stern puts out the side armor and what it looks like. Though their side armor is always so damn expensive!

#6522 5 years ago
Quoted from RVH:

Yeah but those screw into the cabinet and are more to cover up damage.

True that. I wonder if some double sided tape might be enough to hold it on. One that can be removed without damaging sideart. Again ive never used them just ran across them.

#6529 5 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Rings are harder than Stern's powdercoat. This was within a couple hundred plays on a HUO game. My last LE game from Stern. Pro or Premium with mylar is the way to go.

Ouch! That really blows...sorry to see that. Ya the mylar would definitely be the way to go for that.

#6657 5 years ago

Premiums coming in soooooon!

Got the call from my distro this morning. Expects them in next week. Mine is shipping then.

They are getting these out quick, I was told they were expected to ship end of this month about a month ago but didnt believe it as there are always delays.

Nice its coming out as scheduled!!!!!

3 weeks later
#7016 5 years ago
Quoted from KISS73:

Does anyone know if the Iron Maiden LE or Premium has the jukebox mode like AC/DC? I like how you can listen to the music in attract mode.

It doesn't

#7030 5 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Made my own LE this week with black jack and hookers

Looks amazing!!!

Where did you get the ring speaker lights?

1 month later
#7125 5 years ago

Replacement orb and sarc. target stems (pointier ones) are back in stock. Just got mine in today.

20180726_193050 (resized).jpg20180726_193050 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 16.00
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

6,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider charles4400.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday?tu=charles4400 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.