20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #390 Stern Official Teaser Video Link for Iron Maiden Pinball Posted by Pinballrocks (6 years ago)

Post #798 Quick intro on Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by TheLaw (6 years ago)

Post #920 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by Apollyon (6 years ago)

Post #1351 Link to short video clip of the Pro Model livestream on 3/27 Posted by Sparky (6 years ago)

Post #1675 Video of LE features missing from Pro that Prem/LE will have Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #1682 Link to hi-res PDF of the feature matrix for Iron Maiden Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Post #2080 Premium/LE different ramp cutout (Pharaoh head) picture Posted by Pinzzz (6 years ago)

Post #2146 Link to gameplay video from Pro version in Europe Posted by Concretehardt (6 years ago)

Post #2498 Deadflip video on YouTube link. Posted by FalconPunch (6 years ago)

Post #2665 Iron Maiden Pro live stream link from Stream #2 Posted by Asael (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider potatoloco.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1399 6 years ago

I just hope Mr. Elwin does another off the glass demo for the pin. That information alone was gold.

2 weeks later
#2477 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Imdle in marketplace for 10500.... if anyone is looking. Freaking ridiculous imo unless its in hand...and its still even crazy lol

It'll sell for that. I had someone offer 11k for mine.

3 weeks later
#5192 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Word of advice, if you receive a price quote from a distributor for less than MAP pricing, please keep it to yourself. It is this exact reason why Stern has implemented minimum pricing structure. Too many people talking pricing, if you get a good deal, keep it to yourself, loose lips sink ships. This minimum pricing structure is bs and distributors should be able to sell for what they want to.

Technically MAP is only the minimum advertised price, thus distributors can sell it for whatever they want to. Unless these distributors have entered an actual agreement, they're free to not follow the policy. They just do so knowing that if they violate a company's MAP policy, they're at risk for having their source of inventory opting not to sell to them anymore.

#5634 5 years ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Need some opinions... My distributor just called me and said they are going to try and drop off my LE tomorrow. In his talking to me he said they unboxed and setup the machine... "For testing purposes"
I have to say I am MAJORLY disappointed by this as part of the experience for me buying NIB is unboxing and setting up my machine. I like unwrapping and going over everything... Does this sound normal for a distributor to do? I have ordered several NIB machines from Cointaker and NEVER had any issues I am having currently... Unfortunately they were sold out of LE's by the time I ordered.
Am I wrong on this???

I'm sure others wouldn't mind, but I wouldn't buy from a distributor if this was their common policy. Thus I certainly wouldn't be happy if this happened when I'm not expecting it. In my opinion, taking a machine out of the box and testing it outside of the factory automatically makes it used and no longer NIB. I know I'd either be asking for money back or for them to send it back for a NIB pin.

#5638 5 years ago
Quoted from TheWizard00:

When you go buy a new car and it has a few miles on it from someone taking it for a test drive, do you then tell the dealer that car is used and not new and tell them they have to take money off the price due to that fact?

Yes, I do. And it has worked every time.

1 week later
#6314 5 years ago

Finally got my LE in. The pin is beautiful, but I'm dealing with several issues out of the box. I'm hoping it's the code that is causing most of the issues as it's still .94, but soon to be updated. The sarcophagus is not reading and a ball search ensues every time. Whether the ball comes back after is a crapshoot. The songs are also picking themselves, which is odd. No idea how that's happening. The ball has also gone under the middle ramp but completely goes flying out the bottom of the playfield and hitting the cabinet. Little frustrating, but such is first world problems. Anyone else having similar issues?

#6318 5 years ago

That was pretty much my face when I heard the loud clunks inside the cabinet. Last thing I expected to happen.

#6363 5 years ago
Quoted from Zukram:

The songs picking themselves sorta happened to me. Turned out the clairvoyant ball was triggering. Underneath the play field for that, needed to make sure the post on the mechanism aligns right to center of the plastic cup, and also had to adjust the gap on the leaf switch . Otherwise any vibration (like hitting the flipper) was triggering it. Sometimes choose a song, sometime caused the ball to auto launch... Good luck with the rest..

I just checked this. Oddly enough the leaf switches had enough of a gap to where the ball isn't even registering hits. The mechanism was misaligned as well as you noted.

This is my 4th NIB Stern. I'm pretty shocked at the lack of QC that has happened here. I'm convinced this pin did not go through any of it as there are multiple issues that start as soon as the start button is hit with the songs automatically being chosen. Now that I've been able to take the time to play myself and test everything out there are multiple game breaking issues. Mechanisms that aren't anywhere in working order or registering properly. I'm at a loss at the moment as my sons and I have been eagerly waiting to play this pin. Hopefully a few calls to my distributor and Stern can get it playable.

#6368 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

songs being chosen at press of start button most likely means you have a closed leaf switch somewhere on the playfield that needs to be gapped. Easy fix. You can go into diagnotics and switch test to find which one it is. Your pin probably just needs <30 min of set-up tweaks from someone who knows what they're doing. Unfortunate but not uncommon. Anyone local to this guy?

About to call into Stern now to address a few other issues. With the start button, I'm pretty sure that's what is happening. Easy enough fix.

#6369 5 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Yep happened to me, when I posted about it earlier in the thread I got a lot of down votes so be careful around here, some sensitive Pinsiders hahah

I'm about to downvote myself. I just heard a "thunk" sound in the cabinet. Appears something has fallen off from the playfield itself. Interesting Thursday morning so far.

Edit: The thunk was a bracket falling off the bottom of the playfield. Checked and found part of the sarcophagus mech dangling. I'm not even sure if it was in place this entire time. Explains why sarcophagus would enter ball search and not auto-launch another ball.

#6374 5 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Damn, well that explains that!!!
Hopefully the fixes are easy and you can get on and play the game. It took some work to get my working great, but now it works perfect and the game is amazing.

Nothing a morning beer, some patience, and a little cussing on the side won't fix.

#6410 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Wow that is distressing.
It's clear that Stern is *still* cranking these out as fast as they can without due diligence to actually testing/inspecting the games before they ship. It's a $9K pinball machine, get your shit together Stern!

I'm thinking I was just one of the lucky ones with a pin that got skipped out on basic QC. I just looked at the entire underside of the playfield because there have been various little thumps in the cabinet, etc. Some of the screws are falling out and I'm actually missing 6 screws completely from the underside of the playfield. How this has happened I have no idea. Turns out this is why the sarcophagus wasn't working. The ball lock keep out bracket is supposed to have 2 screws to attach it to the ball lock trough switch assembly. It only had one and the other is completely missing. Not in the cabinet or anything. It eventually shook loose and caused the whole switch assembly just to dangle at the bottom of the playfield like a duck fart in the wind.

#6412 5 years ago
Quoted from Fytr:

Probably the guy who was supposed to add the screws is skipping half of them and the guy who's job it is to catch that kind of BS and deal with is also not doing their job, and the guy who's job it is to make sure the other two guys are doing theirs is too busy to catch it all...
Made in America.

Ah well, first world problems lol. On the bright side, the pin came undamaged so it's still pretty.

#6553 5 years ago

Got #142 rocking and rolling now. Added a Polk sub and pinstadium lights. Both of these are must-haves for this pin in my opinion. The light show along with cranked up music is a crazy fun experience.

IMG_2270 (resized).JPGIMG_2270 (resized).JPG
IMG_2273 (resized).JPGIMG_2273 (resized).JPG

Edit: It's not purple...the pics above are literally split-second pics of the pin in attract mode with a UV+Glow function. For whatever reason people have lost their all common sense and believe this is what the pin is left on during actual gameplay. Thus I've added a series of quick snaps that show different variations.

IMG_2278 (resized).JPGIMG_2278 (resized).JPG

IMG_2279 (resized).JPGIMG_2279 (resized).JPG

IMG_2281 (resized).JPGIMG_2281 (resized).JPG

#6582 5 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Simulated UV? So it's some combination of blue and red? What's the wavelengths you're using to simulate UV? Or, are you using the 395nm edge case black light LEDs? Some of the deeper blue wavelengths are dangerous over time, too.

Quoted from PinMonk:

Why would you want UV light on a pin? Seems incredibly dumb if it's real UV light.

As it was established, it's a simulated UV. To answer your question, it's because I have children that love the look of it and their opinion of what makes pinball fun for them is my priority.

Quoted from John1210:

A great light show but i still feel pinstadiums dont suite this pin.

My game room isn't well lit resulting in a massive dark patch in the middle of the playfield. Pinstadium lighting is a must for my room conditions. That being said, Iron Maiden concerts are known for their lighting. Growing up with the music and seeing the shows, the theme easily goes hand in hand with it in my opinion.

Quoted from Shapeshifter:

To put it mildly.
I feel I must live on a different planet, knowing people think it looks awesome

Nope. It just means your opinion is different than an early 30s man and his 7 and 8-year-old sons. Different opinions happen, it's no biggie.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider potatoloco.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday?tu=potatoloco and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.