1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 7,167 posts
  • 672 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 months ago by Fezmid
  • Topic is favorited by 92 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 888 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

9C575F0A-1D88-44CA-9EB8-6B444307CEA7 (resized).jpeg
20180726_193050 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180619_202938 (resized).jpg
IMG_20180626_061913 (resized).jpg
20180625_090851 (resized).jpg
20180625_090605 (resized).jpg
IMG_0386 (resized).JPG
EC0D26C9-4574-415D-85B3-9B8AC424589E (resized).jpeg
20180622_172513 (resized).jpg
20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 20

Post #390 Stern Official Teaser Video Link for Iron Maiden Pinball Posted by Pinballrocks (1 year ago)

Post #798 Quick intro on Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by TheLaw (1 year ago)

Post #920 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by Apollyon (1 year ago)

Post #1351 Link to short video clip of the Pro Model livestream on 3/27 Posted by Sparky (1 year ago)

Post #1675 Video of LE features missing from Pro that Prem/LE will have Posted by vireland (1 year ago)

Post #1682 Link to hi-res PDF of the feature matrix for Iron Maiden Posted by vireland (1 year ago)

Post #2080 Premium/LE different ramp cutout (Pharaoh head) picture Posted by Pinzzz (1 year ago)

Post #2146 Link to gameplay video from Pro version in Europe Posted by Concretehardt (1 year ago)

Post #2498 Deadflip video on YouTube link. Posted by FalconPunch (1 year ago)

Post #2665 Iron Maiden Pro live stream link from Stream #2 Posted by Asael (1 year ago)

Post #2685 Display font comparison - existing font vs metal font Posted by vireland (1 year ago)

Post #3776 Pic of Iron Maiden LE cabinet and backglass Posted by jar155 (1 year ago)

Post #3940 Pics of the lifting ramp on the Le/Prem. Posted by theironmaiden (1 year ago)

Post #4264 High res LE pics. Posted by starbase (1 year ago)

Post #4864 LE broadcast from Dead Flip backup. Posted by DeadFlip (1 year ago)

Post #5313 Picture of screw-on Iron Maiden Shooter Rod end for the LEs Posted by BOBCADE (1 year ago)

Post #5345 Iron Maiden Pro cabinet splitting picture Posted by bigd1979 (1 year ago)

Post #5383 Leg reinforcement shopping list. Posted by vireland (1 year ago)

Post #5554 Link to rules Posted by Eskaybee (1 year ago)

Post #6692 Spacing info for Newton Ball switches Posted by Chalkey (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frankmac.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#530 1 year ago

There was a mix up with the videos. This is the official Iron Maiden launch vid..

#839 1 year ago

Yes!!!

#941 1 year ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Some of the LE features... Battlefield themed hand drawn mirrored backglass, HD brushed foil battlefield cab art (I just jizzed myself), shaker, invisa glass, art blades, JBL sound system with EQ, eddie shooter rod... holy shit the LE is loaded!

1 LE Please! To go!!

#1503 1 year ago

How many maiden LE will be made?

#1624 1 year ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

R u actually comparing the techno Euro disco soundtrack of TNA to IronMaiden? You guys make me laugh with the whole "Stern is worried about these other companies" crap.

Wrong! I am in on a Maiden LE but to think for a second TNA is crap? What are you smoking....

Stern is King manufacturers.</blockquote

#1686 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

The scoop below the bottom pop bumper (replaced with a standup target).
» YouTube video
The motorized ramp leading to the motorized ball lock assembly (to the right, you can see it moving):
» YouTube video
The vari-target that leads to a hole.
» YouTube video
The center jump ramp:
» YouTube video
All the cool toys are missing from the Pro. Reading the feature matrix, it sounds like all of these are integrated into both the FeM Premium and LE.

OH!! yah!!

#1744 1 year ago

Amazing that the LE’s are Sold Out!
That was fast.

#1747 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

But with only 200 being distributed for the US, and a great looking game, it's likely they'll be actually sold through if they aren't already.

I read earlier today it was sold out.

#1749 1 year ago

The only Distros I have seen with any LE’s left have jacked the price up by $500+ dollars.

That’s a bummer. Hope all is well concretehardt !!

#1779 1 year ago

OT Concretehardt health update: I wont lie the last 24 hours have been rough! I went back to work part time on Monday and yesterday I had a seizure at work, I spent 7 hours in the emergency room last night having brain scans and blood work. The good news is that the area where my brain tumor was removed looks ok (no bleeding) but the DR thinks that the stress of work is causing my brain to fire faster than what I am able to tolerate and when I push too hard I have a seizure. I am back on my anti seizure meds which is a big setback for me as I hate the way I feel when im on those meds!
Now for the good news.. While I was in the hospital last night I took the opportunity to tell my wife that I just sent a deposit on an $8800 pinball machine (IMND LE). It was the perfect time because I had just had a seizure and she was feeling sorry for me. My plan worked! she was totally supportive of my ridiculously expensive game purchase.
I have made a lot of progress in the last few weeks considering that 5 weeks ago I was telling my wife where I wanted my ashes to be spread and 3 weeks ago I could barely talk.
Yesterday was a big setback in my recovery, but I am very happy to be alive and even with everything I have been thru in the last month I feel very lucky!

concretehardt be well and feel better! Good luck with the LE hopefully it the great. I am in on it also. Excited! CHEERS !!!

#1822 1 year ago

Shoot again sounds like Soooot again ... And i like it.

#1842 1 year ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

I kind of hoping this isn't the way they go but,

That is shit! I have no other words.

#1885 1 year ago

minutes_variant_grande.jpg

#1918 1 year ago

Hopefully Killers or Number of the beast for the LE..

#1956 1 year ago

Seeing that the band has 50 LE’s allocated I wonder how much input they have with ZY.

#1996 1 year ago

Does this qualify as a battlefield ?

EE5E8859-E6FD-4128-81A1-28074A913F17.jpeg

#2003 1 year ago

Oh Damn that's cool! where did you find that? That would make sense for the LE BG... I really like it!!

Google. It looks nice.

#2042 1 year ago

Stern will keep the Maiden LE at 500. It will keep consumers on there toes for future sales.

They will sell a ton of Pros and Prems.

I believe the licensing might have something to do with the amount.

4FC84D14-8931-4FF3-AD1A-6AEADE1DE028.jpeg

#2050 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

nah, pretty much always the PRO is the way to go.
LE is for deep pockets and people that just gotta have it on for a particular band/theme.
There is no doubt that the pro will be the players/shooters game on this one.

Center ramp shot Moves up and down on Pre and LE not sure it does on the pro.. That will add a lot to this game..

#2054 1 year ago
Quoted from aerobert:

Yeah, a lot of repairs.

Nah. It should not be that complexed of a mechanism.

Worth it to me. But to each his own. I will probably never play your pin and you will probably never play mine. Since I have no clue where Goteborg is ..LOL.

Thinking out loud here but imagine medieval madness with no mechanical drawbridge or mechanical gate .

#2064 1 year ago
Quoted from aerobert:

It's either in Nebraska or Sweden. Depending on how adventurous you feel.

Not to bad 3,684 miles..

A333CBE1-61DE-4DCF-9F05-30A2FE85C2E6 (resized).jpeg

#2069 1 year ago
Quoted from Pahuffman:

The only words I got out of that are "Iron Fucking Maiden".

That's all i can translate also. It's got to be good..

#2074 1 year ago
Quoted from musketd:

Underworld pic of premium from Facebook looks killer

No No that’s a pro.

#2163 1 year ago

No US pins yet?

#2170 1 year ago

STERN!!! They are not playing any games..

#2176 1 year ago

#2223 1 year ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

The games new tag line ... Buy an Iron Maiden Pinball, even if you can't stand listening to us.

Nah! That’s your opinion..

#2239 1 year ago

Strange mother Fu€k£rs in here⚡️

#2272 1 year ago

Now I need my pin to put it on..

5DB28E13-20C1-4A0C-8513-B906B0945711.jpeg

#2287 1 year ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Is this your own creation?
I'm going to assume that, without a pin to work with, the modding industry is yet to offer any IMDN mods - apart from this shooter rod, I guess.
I happen to dislike heads for shooter rods; they are bulky and make precise plunging more difficult. IMDNLE will ship with a custom Eddie shooter rod, but, were it my game, said rod would come off and go in a box.

No, not my creation but it look great! I have the LE on it way so I will see what the stock one looks like and go with the one I like best..

#2350 1 year ago

#2351 1 year ago
Quoted from DeadFlip:

You folks free tomorrow?
Asking for a friend.

460E1CBC-AA55-48DB-9B53-62F1D6992063.jpeg

#2353 1 year ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

FYI, a distro in Florida just listed the “last” LE available in the marketplace about an hour ago for 9k.

Randy at got pinball has an LE has 1 left.

727-437-7770

#2360 1 year ago

Sold! Not to me, I just noticed the add was archived and marked sold.

Someone is having a good day..

#2426 1 year ago

Channel 0

#2428 1 year ago

28083A58-2D6A-40E9-8470-FB93304EA7B9.gif

#2455 1 year ago

Coin door volume control 110% going in on mine...

#2522 1 year ago

#2597 1 year ago

IMDN works.

#2841 1 year ago

Yup!

1A67A88C-64CD-4329-A457-FFABD34F7490.jpeg

#3155 1 year ago
Quoted from musketd:

Can’t put into words how killer this game is; will elaborate in the big review that will be coming but for now I will just say this KEITH ELWIN is pure genius and gave us the best original design of the past two decades

100%

#3226 1 year ago

Sterns Plan:

1. Release Maiden pro and blow everyone away. Then sell a shit ton of them..

2. Release Maiden LE. Sold Out . Go all out on this and blow the socks off everyone ..

3. Release Maiden PRe.. Go all out on it and sell a shit ton of them.

Everyone is happy... Stern turns up the heat big time on all 3 models..

#3228 1 year ago
Quoted from vireland:

You forgot "put real service rails back on the Pro."

Is it pegs on pro?

#3231 1 year ago
Quoted from musketd:

Starting with maiden all pros will now have full service rails

Fantastic..

#3304 1 year ago

LE!!
LE!!
LE!!

Its going to be amazing .

#3306 1 year ago
Quoted from Frippertron:

Unless the reason the LE is being held up is Steve Harris wants a big fat photo of the band with their shirts off on the backglass and playfield.

Ha! Ya, that would suck.

#3341 1 year ago

LE could be shipping as soon as the end of next week .

Schwing

#3371 1 year ago

The wait is making pinside kill each other off.. Hurry Stern or there will be no one left to buy the machines!!

#3392 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

lol. That is the second best Stern IMHO (only behind TWD) and I have rated it very fairly based on my rating criteria. Great playing game but it gets hurt for music/theme and lastability.

At least you rated it higher than you rated Aerosmith that you gave a 3.353

#3450 1 year ago

With Keith Elwin,Zombie Yeti, and input from Iron Maidan I have no worries!

My GBLE needs its Yeti twin pin..

AA0EDC93-8D15-4C57-AC71-57A7C32B6CD1.jpeg

#3489 1 year ago

aces high (resized).jpg

#3490 1 year ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

No, only described the art.
Big spitfire Aces High Eddie on the side cab laced with lots of Trooper panache.

I hope it is better than this plane .

#3534 1 year ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I genuinely dislike MET, same for ACDC. Music (which plays into immersion and overall theme also) and gameplay are big for me and I find both to lose in both categories. Theme honestly means very little to me unless it goes so far as to ruin everything else. Both of these game have such shitty themes that are so poorly implemented and then you toss on the grating music you have to listen to the entire time you play and yes, they really are turdfests. ACDC gets bonus turd points for having a stupid cannon that blocks an inlane/outlane; god what a dumb ass idea that has not worked on previous games yet keeps getting recycled.
IMDN is much better than those two games because it is such a better playfield layout. Unfortunate that it still has a shit theme and that is largely what plays together to keep it 6.5 on a 10 point scale. That is honestly pretty solid and above 50% of the games I have rated. It lacks any real toys also, unless we are letting modern era games slip by and calling spinners and flippers toys??? That really should be the baseline expectation for any new Stern (minimum of 2 flipps, 2 slings, 3 pops, 2 spinners) Then build a toy or neat feature into the game that is satisfying to shoot, slap on 2 ramps, and call it a day. I guess they are attempting to call a 3 ring target a toy??? I equate that as just barely better than a tie fighter on a spring, but they do get some points for copying another good design that Gottlieb cam up with 20 years ago. Gtb was way ahead of their time in many ways.
I do find it a bit creepy how much time you spend thinking about me, and how I rate games... You may want to think about your choices in life.

5 days
I was thinking 24 to life!

#3617 1 year ago

I think I like waiting.

#3637 1 year ago

I bet it will be a star studded twitch reveal . With Hi Def photos to follow.

#3664 1 year ago

Gary Stern is laughing from his happy holiday slumber on melody lane at all of us..

#3675 1 year ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

...while listening to Bing Crosby music.

Bingo!

#3679 1 year ago
Quoted from dgoett:

Just saw photos. Not allowed to share them. They were sent to distributors.
Kaneda is correct with the sideart and MNpinball is correct with the tank/trooper on backglass.

Confirmed. That photos are available. But not to be posted.

#3693 1 year ago

Distributers should have photos for LE purchasers.

#3734 1 year ago

Think I just shit a little..

#3826 1 year ago

Someone was smoking fruity pebbles.

15583615-00C6-41DF-B7A9-599D7F22A7E3.jpeg

#3862 1 year ago

Brilliant marketing

Pros are selling like hotcakes !!! Money to be made for years on the line .

LE sold out. No more money to be made on these .

Make the premium the best looking machine on the face of the earth and sell it for years on the line .

#3888 1 year ago

That was easy. Holy shitballs

#3909 1 year ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Here ya go. I'm still feeling the red.

Unfortunately I think the problem lies deeper than the trim.

#3914 1 year ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Out of curiosity who picks the art themes on Stern machines?

Stevie wonder and Ray Charles get in a room together.

#3975 1 year ago

Is getting better with each HD pic !!
Bullet holes in the front near shooter is sweet.

#4156 1 year ago
Quoted from redlines:

Anyone wants an LE I have two selling one for $9600

Wow, who would have thought it would be like this.?

#4159 1 year ago

GOTG the pro looked better than the LE 100%. No hate here I own GOTG LE.

P.s. when I ordered my AFMR LE I ordered it in Martian green and it looks fine. Black is way better but it does not matter anymore. Just saying.

I regards to Maiden I am in on an LE and to be 100% with you I thought it would be completely different looking with all the bad ass artwork from the past.. I was looking for something hardcore.

Something dark. Killers or Number of the beast. Black and silver backgrounds with rich color accents . Side armored in the shape of eddies axe with vibrant red blood dripping from it like the green slime on my GBLE. Well its NOT. And very far from it.

I am open minded and will need to see a vid and the official HD photos for final personal judgments..

Could have been epic.

2488A5D7-A25E-4A57-BA4D-2647447E6733.jpeg

#4185 1 year ago

Boom!!
So nice.

163C0957-1EDA-46CB-87B4-1D8459FE5A06.jpeg

#4186 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Boom!!
So nice.

I think I might start replacing mine..

#4226 1 year ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

I know I'm beating a dead horse but any of you in the know about the when premium artwork might be leaked?

It might be a few week before anyone has pics of the premium pictures.

Not for nothing based on the response of the LE I would bet you don’t see them until the LE has shipped. That is just my opinion not fact .

#4231 1 year ago
Quoted from kpg:

My distributor, Automated/Pinballs.com wont send me the pics. They just emailed me telling me to check Stern's website. Lame. I fully paid for it and I don't even have any hi res pics yet... if anyone could spare the time, please DM me some Thanks!

The pics you see on this thread are the same as the pics that are emailed.
You are not missing anything..

#4234 1 year ago
Quoted from kpg:

My distributor, Automated/Pinballs.com wont send me the pics. They just emailed me telling me to check Stern's website. Lame. I fully paid for it and I don't even have any hi res pics yet... if anyone could spare the time, please DM me some Thanks!

They are all over Facebook also if you use that..

1CB959E3-B04E-4B5E-B77E-29CD17242749.jpeg

#4239 1 year ago

That’s what I thought until I saw the high res pics, you can’t even see that Eddie is flying the plane in the low res also the colors are “over saturated” on the low res pics.. you will see.
Ps. I was asked not to share the high res pics so if you have an LE coming just ask your distro for them.

I have them also. He is not missing much.

8CC650C5-DEE9-4FC4-91C0-67BAA5E0CE7B.jpeg

#4280 1 year ago

FEC64FD1-95A5-4497-A4B2-FAA9B9DEDBD1.jpeg

#4327 1 year ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Curious if you need the pinnovators kits. Description says all units have an output. "New CPU mounted line-out audio connector for external Amplification"

blacksun keep your LE. You will not regret it!

#4333 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

lol now I want to know which parts were histrionics! I won't be mad, I know I've written some long ass essays, link me up!
My take on the LE is simple: ZY is super talented, he's done a great job on lots of stuff with this game, and the final package doesn't really appeal to me. The colors and the composition and feel just aren't what I think of when I think Iron Maiden. The band clearly wanted something else from the evil shit I'd rather see. I want some rising from your grave with lightning shit. Such is life. Given how long it took to reveal I assume there was a lot of back and forth, Keith said they asked for a ton of changed on the podcast, it's probably out of ZY's hands.
Hopefully the Premium is awesome, but my guess is people will complain about it too, simply because this is the 'new' Maiden stuff, and everyone wants the classic album covers. The band has moved on, I get it.
You want to hear my go histrionics on something no one cares about let's talk about fonts on the LCD screen!

I agree with you. I also like the old darker side of the artwork from the 80s. I’m still in my LE all the way!

Funny thing is I showed my wife who is younger than me and has no clue in regards to Iron Maiden at all a picture of the LE and the older images and she thought the LE art is way better than any of the dark stuff from the past .

Not that I ever go to her for any pinball information but at least she likes it .

#4337 1 year ago
Quoted from Aurich:

It's all I know. No one wants to hear what I think of the band anymore, but I grew up with those album covers, they were hugely influential even if I wasn't really into the music itself. I couldn't hum a bar from an album post Killers, but I could probably describe most of the album covers. Powerslave's sphinx, Piece of Mind was the one with the straight jacket right? Obviously I just put up Live After Death, that's a fav. Killers was the only album I owned, that image with the axe is definitely seared into my brain.
Just classic stuff.
They're well represented on the playfield I think. The Pro translite too, maybe too excess, that's a lot of Eddies heh.
Hopefully the Premium is at least close to Powerslave.

I am down for the LE but I agree I hope the Premium is on point for everyone that is buying it.

#4349 1 year ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

Like 95% of Pinside puts the cheapest 10" Polk subwoofer under their games. I don't think anyone here can claim JBL isn't prestigious enough of a speaker brand for their precious games.

Polk 10” is not very good..I have 3 Klipsch sub boxes and 1 Yamaha ..

#1 Klipsch not even on the same planet as the rest.

#2 Yamaha solid bang for the buck.

#3 Polk have 1 and that will be all.. it was a $110 what can you expect..

Open for opinions or recommendations on other subs ?

2BC99C17-06C3-4E08-966E-418E65C772AA.jpeg

7A901B7E-B4F8-49FF-B2B3-83D1F570693E.jpeg

9240D027-7EBD-4C28-8DF4-88349B323CD3.jpeg

#4351 1 year ago
Quoted from knockerlover:

Martinlogan dynamo 300 is $200 and a lot better than the Polk 10” everyone buys (in my opinion).
I have a bunch of pioneer Sw-8 that I got open box from Best Buy that are OK. But they were under $100 and probably comparable to the polls people get.

New to me I will look at it. Thanks.

#4353 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I have a 300 watt Orb under MET, waiting on Maiden. It's pretty loud, I like it.
Congrats Eugene! Paid mine off last night...surprised wife hasn't cancelled Visa yet. Lol just kiddin JJ!

Nice, I like the new info on product I have not owned before. Thanks guys I am always open for options.

#4364 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Lol the polk 10 is plenty powerful for a pinball machine and what we need them.to do...

It has power. Just not clean and crisp. I have it set up on my BM66.

#4366 1 year ago
Quoted from RVH:

Just plug in a full stack of Marshall’s and be done with it!
That’s what I’m gonna do.

YA MAN !!!

#4406 1 year ago

lets just disagree on subwoofers again. LOL .. TGIF

#4434 1 year ago
Quoted from dts:

Gotta decide fast! LE pay tomorrow or wait for Premium or get the awesome price on the Pro... what do you guys think?

LE or regrets later.. Tuesdays Dead Flip will make you sick if you pass. The next in line would be happy though!

#4572 1 year ago

Is deadflip showing the LE at the stern factory or at a different location?

#4635 1 year ago
Quoted from NightMutilator:

I'm almost at the point of going back to switching to the pro. I paid in-full for the LE but the more time I have to let it soak-in the honeymoon excitement is beginning to subside. Guess it's just a case on the Mondays... or a case of just not feeling like those extra action figures and motorized elements are worth this big price difference. I had both Walking Dead LE and Ghostbusters LE and I never felt that uneasy with those pre-received. Probably because they were both truly stacked with awesome features and sculpts that for sure assured me they were worth the cost (plus they weren't nearly as expensive either). With everyone talking about the problems with cabinet build quality and the fact the playfields still divot like crazy right out of the box I'm getting quite a bit nervous... I know we're all super excited, but come on Stern, let's see real world pics of this thing already. Is the metallic Foil really gonna keep my order in place?!

I know the feeling. Hope the deap flips LE show tomorrow shows the art work in a different light. Lack of good info also make thing a bit dicey..

#4637 1 year ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Only 25... I think I just put on 8 plays on my breakshot... And I only played for a little bit to unwind after work today... I think I'd put like 100 plays on my maiden just the first day I get it! Can't wait to get it!!!!

The armpit hair... Out of the this world.

FCEF169D-0162-4BE9-9B1A-9E9C6F59D4C5.jpeg

#4645 1 year ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Ummm... Sorry but there is no armpit hair... I shave my armpits man... I think armpit hair is gross... And I'm not ashamed of that image... I look good in it... I almost looked that good again a few weeks back.. .I little bit skinnier, but then I went on a week long binge of junk food and not working out... Gotta hit the gym hard again.

Ohh, Its a selfie.. I thought it was from a movie..

#4654 1 year ago
Quoted from dts:

Yeah, there would be like 5 girls everyone would compete for!...

This one for diospinball .. LOL.

#4767 1 year ago
Quoted from T-800:

Try telling that to most of the GOTG buyers last winter...

Still have my GOTG it was a long wait but 0.95 and the game is badass.

#4784 1 year ago

Wow, completely redesigned!!

Not!! LOL. Let’s go!!

#4825 1 year ago

This has been the strangest 9k purchase I have ever made.

I still do know what I bought for the most part?!

#4871 1 year ago
Quoted from PW79:

Do you guys shave each other’s armpits & sing Maiden songs to each other?

Armpit thread is a must..

#4895 1 year ago
Quoted from charles4400:

Or maybe even mummy eddie which would still be cool! Hope i dont eat my words but they cant go wrong on the egyptian theme!

I thought that with the LE!

#4943 1 year ago
Quoted from NightMutilator:

I totally felt Ghostbusters LE and The Walking Dead LE were amazing and I owned both (still own GBLE). The sculpts in Walking Dead were top notch, and the gameplay features in Ghostbusters were outstanding, along with the art packages. The Walking Dead LE was additionally amazing due to the cabinet art not having a bunch of actors sprawled all over it...

I am with you.. GBLE for the win!

#5199 1 year ago

What is the LE surprise i keep hearing about? i know it is a surprise..

#5222 1 year ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I'll take this as an acceptable premium translite. Thanks

That’s awsome!!!

#5254 1 year ago

Imagine if Stern could take pictures properly .. LE is BADASS!!!!

#5304 1 year ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

It’s there and you screw out on, not the most impressive piece but still custom

Is the graphics cut short around the shooters plate? Or is the black plastic?

#5319 1 year ago
Quoted from BOBCADE:

Not tracking your question, it is one piece and the black screws in.

This area here is what looks strange. What is that?

9CDC6030-A5A3-444E-8F40-7E3071C3A72C.jpeg

#5320 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

This area here is what looks strange. What is that?

Graphics look tight on this photo.

4457D286-51B1-4DF9-8397-C794D19B69BB.jpeg

#5633 1 year ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Need some opinions... My distributor just called me and said they are going to try and drop off my LE tomorrow. In his talking to me he said they unboxed and setup the machine... "For testing purposes"
I have to say I am MAJORLY disappointed by this as part of the experience for me buying NIB is unboxing and setting up my machine. I like unwrapping and going over everything... Does this sound normal for a distributor to do? I have ordered several NIB machines from Cointaker and NEVER had any issues I am having currently... Unfortunately they were sold out of LE's by the time I ordered.
Am I wrong on this???

Unboxing is exciting. But if the box is open it fine by me. After you set it up you will have less clean up.. In less then a day playing you will never think about it again.

#5670 1 year ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

Distributor told me it first then changed the story to it was never setup and factory sealed and then I confirmed by calling Jim Belt from Stern.

Wtf! This story is crazy. Could you please give the full story form the start to the end. This needs to be clarified..
Thanks.

#5683 1 year ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

I will after I get my machine tomorrow...

A new category has been created for buying new pins.

In new box . INB

New in box . NIB

#5706 1 year ago
Quoted from Blacksun:

ok, My LE was just dropped off and after speaking with the owner/distributor in person and receiving/inspecting the machine, I have to say I am satisfied. The game is beautiful and besides for some dust appears to be mint. I won't get a chance to play until the weekend as I have to fly out of town until Friday evening. He was nice enough to push up the delivery to this afternoon while I was actually home.
Appears there was an assumption the white glove setup service and disposal of packaging for local customers was something above and beyond and wanted. I unfortunately did NOT fall into that category! I am an anal collector that likes to open, inspect, assemble and not throw away a single piece of tape or staple... I know I have issues... You should see my attic with all the boxes. LoL
I do have to say he went well above and beyond to try and make this right. The game was delivered, opened in front of me and he went the extra mile to set it up and level.
The game was previously opened, inspected, restrapped and reboxed. I don't even want to go there...
So moral of the story is if you are using a new distributor, are an anal collector/player and want your game to arrive unopened NIB. Don't assume it will come that way. You better state what you may think is the obvious to save you and the disty MUCH stress.
Lessons learned and all is well. Can't wait to get back to play!!!!!

Congrats on your INB Maiden!
Glad it worked out in the end.

#5709 1 year ago

I am an anal collector.

Quoted from trilamb:

what do you do with the rest of the bodies

Ha! That’s some funny shit!!

#5737 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Well that's just fuckin bullshit and I guaranfuckintee if I have any issues they will get remedied promptly. Not flexin, just sayin. Cause I'm nice.

Flex MoFO Flex..

#5824 1 year ago

My LE is in..

#5829 1 year ago
Quoted from dts:

Let's see it!

As soon as i pick it up.

#5839 1 year ago

TGIF Cheers Maiden’s!!

76910D52-631E-4982-9204-09185E6DDB39.jpeg

#5965 1 year ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Have you actually ever played it?
rd

I have never played WWE but would love to. Can not be that bad.

It is probably the most hated game.

#6048 1 year ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

I actually haven't even hooked up my sub yet...they are that loud. And I listen to music at an ear shattering level. They might be the best upgrade Stern has done yet. 4-5 LE's from now, they should have the right amp installed to power these beasts lol.

True, speakers without proper power = nothing at all. Pre powered subs make a huge difference. Good subs for that matter.

#6090 1 year ago
Quoted from dts:

376, looks great!

Great photos. I am curious to know what the copper pipe under the machine is?

Looks like a shower head?

29997276-EEDF-4EDF-AA3A-B63DFD3D0052.jpeg

#6131 1 year ago

76851A38-6B43-41D7-8063-0BD417C70917.jpeg

#6149 1 year ago

Still scratching my head as to how this happens.

It seems so simple...

E704205C-22A9-49AB-A6E4-F5B4CAB6855B.jpeg

#6157 1 year ago
Quoted from trilamb:

Um yeah, he's on the side of the cabinet, bursting out of the name of the band.

The yellow over blue is what has me.

#6180 1 year ago

Is this an angry bird Iron Maiden .

310E0BD2-7E47-4A87-B9C9-4C8819B0DD6B.png

#6188 1 year ago

last artwork comments from me...

Pro= loved it from first sight . 5k with shaker is the best deal of all 3.

LE= Took me some time to start to like it.. Now I am used to it.

Premium= I was shocked to see it.. I was thinking blue. I do like the 3d style Eddie on the side. like all things it will grow on me..

looks like there is something for everyone.. Nice work ZY...

#6194 1 year ago

I did not see this pic. WOW!! That is not yellow at all...I like this pic a lot..

#6197 1 year ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Here's black trim for you yellow haters out there. Definitely makes the artwork pop nicer.

Thumbs up!

#6227 1 year ago

I would like to see this trim on the Premium. Anyone computer savy and has free time?

jones.png

#6234 1 year ago

Deadpool anyone?

#6297 1 year ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Well, I don't mind the premium at all, but which version has the best balance of art and features?
For art, first there are the backglasses:

I would say they are all great.
- The pro offers the greatest variety, but cyborg isn't my fav.. Still great.
- The LE has a trooper focus, which is great, and the nuke is cool. The tank and game-based characters are not so good. The big plus is that it's mirrored. This could push it over the other two.
- The Premium is super cool. I like the color scheme and balance of figures. There is less going on in this one, which is a good thing. It's more thematic than the other two, but the Eddie is far more cartoonish, as if he came out of a Saturday morning special.
Second, the side art:

- The pro is straight up Trooper, which is awesome. This looks the closest to classic maiden. The backbox has killers, which is KILLER!
- The LE has the plane (Bruce's choice, obviously), which is far better in high-rez than I thought it would be. Foil likely makes it even better. The Aces High backbox Eddie looks really cool too.
- The Premium is mummy Eddie blasting through the title. It looks like it says "Ironden Beast." It's cool, but I find it plain compared to the other two. The back box looks similarly plain from the full pin photo below, but I'd have to see a better picture.
Third, the full pins:

- The pro looks great with its less busy cab. The translite looks busy though. Colour scheme is great.
- The LE does look like an xmas tree in this photo, but the owner photos prove this wrong. It is darker and better blended than it appears.
- the Prem looks like Indy, which isn't necessarily bad. With black T-molding, it will look great. This model has essentially a two-color theme, which is good!
With regard to overall art, they all look great. In person, it may be far different. I'd say the LE would have a chance edging the other two out with the foil and mirrored backglass. That being said, the color scheme and simplicity of the pro or premium might do the same.
To conclude about art, I'd say they are pretty close to equal. Each has both good and bad attributes.
Finally, features:
- To me, this is where the pro is out. The lock and ramp features of the other two are awesome, although I've only played the pro. Maybe the other features will negatively affect gameplay.
- If cost is an issue, the pro is a FANTASTIC value.
- I'm hoping to see the LE and Premium side-by-side to see if the foil and mirrored bg push the LE over the top.
I WANT ALL THREE!

This is a great write-up.

#6299 1 year ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Well, I don't mind the premium at all, but which version has the best balance of art and features?
For art, first there are the backglasses:

I would say they are all great.
- The pro offers the greatest variety, but cyborg isn't my fav.. Still great.
- The LE has a trooper focus, which is great, and the nuke is cool. The tank and game-based characters are not so good. The big plus is that it's mirrored. This could push it over the other two.
- The Premium is super cool. I like the color scheme and balance of figures. There is less going on in this one, which is a good thing. It's more thematic than the other two, but the Eddie is far more cartoonish, as if he came out of a Saturday morning special.
Second, the side art:

- The pro is straight up Trooper, which is awesome. This looks the closest to classic maiden. The backbox has killers, which is KILLER!
- The LE has the plane (Bruce's choice, obviously), which is far better in high-rez than I thought it would be. Foil likely makes it even better. The Aces High backbox Eddie looks really cool too.
- The Premium is mummy Eddie blasting through the title. It looks like it says "Ironden Beast." It's cool, but I find it plain compared to the other two. The back box looks similarly plain from the full pin photo below, but I'd have to see a better picture.
Third, the full pins:

- The pro looks great with its less busy cab. The translite looks busy though. Colour scheme is great.
- The LE does look like an xmas tree in this photo, but the owner photos prove this wrong. It is darker and better blended than it appears.
- the Prem looks like Indy, which isn't necessarily bad. With black T-molding, it will look great. This model has essentially a two-color theme, which is good!
With regard to overall art, they all look great. In person, it may be far different. I'd say the LE would have a chance edging the other two out with the foil and mirrored backglass. That being said, the color scheme and simplicity of the pro or premium might do the same.
To conclude about art, I'd say they are pretty close to equal. Each has both good and bad attributes.
Finally, features:
- To me, this is where the pro is out. The lock and ramp features of the other two are awesome, although I've only played the pro. Maybe the other features will negatively affect gameplay.
- If cost is an issue, the pro is a FANTASTIC value.
- I'm hoping to see the LE and Premium side-by-side to see if the foil and mirrored bg push the LE over the top.
I WANT ALL THREE!

I believe the pro back glass is incorrect in this comparison.

I believe the Iron Maiden is on an angle.

I like it better in the pic you have than the real ones!!

#6306 1 year ago
Quoted from jellikit:

The Trooper!
» YouTube video

Would make a great ringtone

#6348 1 year ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

You got it (tried to match the wing color). Works well I think (as most think of the blue/gold King Tut styling when thinking Egyptian).

Can you put gloss black on the LE?
Black T molding also.. I would love to see that..

#6366 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Sterns Plan:
1. Release Maiden pro and blow everyone away. Then sell a shit ton of them..
2. Release Maiden LE. Sold Out . Go all out on this and blow the socks off everyone ..
3. Release Maiden PRe.. Go all out on it and sell a shit ton of them.
Everyone is happy... Stern turns up the heat big time on all 3 models..

Not far off..

#6430 1 year ago

Looks like 13.5 k is a pipe dream for The scalpers!

9CD74325-863A-43CB-9CB8-47A8FFB32C9F (resized).jpeg

#6432 1 year ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

Think its a fair price as someone might want a limited version although the premium is so friggin nice as is the pro. Tough one but with so many tittles coming out it's tough to worry about collecting anymore as space is always the issue.

Correct,9.75k is a good deal fair...13.5k Is a ripoff. Never get that.

28753CA4-F9BA-47F4-B1E3-AB0B7B4E57E9.jpeg

#6564 1 year ago

Did pinstadium add a 6 or 66 to there LE??

9A200724-F386-4896-BACC-C277223AC068.jpeg

#6630 1 year ago
Quoted from Hunico:

I have oportunity ti buy pro or le!!
Anyone can help??
Thanks

LE

1 week later
#6875 1 year ago

#233 is in the house!

WOW!!!

26AA976D-9542-4330-BF47-B4AE08BC09F1.jpeg2DB839C2-A3C2-4FAA-A737-F254C01A8874.jpeg63556A42-E926-464C-99CF-82A77F872BDD.jpeg6FE6BF29-14AB-4860-9C44-05B991A499D4.jpegD59F87D0-3E36-4A41-9B95-619817945964.jpegD96D510C-363E-42F7-99FC-E7E595945DE0.jpeg
1 week later
#6986 1 year ago

Cool Crystal ball

#6990 1 year ago

Pretty cool who sells that mod?

Just something I am testing.

1 week later
#7031 1 year ago

Just put some speaker lights in.

223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpegB3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
#7037 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

Very nice,
Great pics !
Appreciate if you can share this cool mod ?
I can't believe how dark the playfield is
I don't want pinball stadium for my LE as I dislike the rainbow effect
So I have ordered a couple of hex posts and spots same as Met for the playfield center.
Hopefully that will work
Have not seen it done yet
any one got pics ?

It’s a custom job . I can get you some pics later today on how was assembled.

Here is a vid for now.

1 month later
#7135 1 year ago

Hey Jason,
I’ve had a few setbacks since going back to work 3 days a week, I am finding out that the brain injury that the tumor left me with is causing me some problems. I am doing the best I can but if I push myself too hard my brain literally shuts down, it’s very frustrating but I am alive so I can’t complain. I have had to sell off a couple games to raise some cash as I have missed much work and have bills to pay, but I will be back on my feet soon and rebuy my games.
Thanks for checking on me
Sean

Hope all is well.. I don’t know you but think of you often. Sending my best to you!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Great American Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frankmac.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside