20180622_201032 (resized).jpg
imdnleft (resized).jpg
20180615_080358 (resized).jpg
20180615_082932 (resized).jpg
B3C07D25-C1F2-4A4F-9BDF-F758588C8983.jpeg
223B7221-E31D-4DD6-AF17-E004561A8EA4.jpeg
581BFB86-9401-4BAE-BAAF-167FF9B5E995.jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

22 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 144.
#6451 5 years ago

Happy birthday to me, two NIB pins next week. One’s a Maiden LE that she bought me.
Married 35 years next month to a great wife that tolerates and supports my hobby. Even travels everywhere to get them with me.

Doesn’t get any better!

#6452 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Im talking about the ones that paid scalper prices not the distro ones. Hate when people only quote part of what someone says and makes it look like they said something they didnt lol.

Totally my bad. I did read the entire post, but totally misunderstood you. Apologies.

#6453 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Totally my bad. I did read the entire post, but totally misunderstood you. Apologies.

All good .. thanks . Enjoy your pin. Hope to have a premium soon myself and maybe a le

#6454 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

My guess would be the FF's are a lot more efficient than the JBL's.

When I bought speakers for my AMI jukebox
The main item I looked at was speaker sensitivity rating. (wound up with a bunch of Klipcsh speakers since they were rated they best for the category I was going for).

here is the definition of speaker sensitivity: (sometimes referred to as speaker efficiency)
A sensitivity rating tells you how effectively a speaker converts power (watts) into volume (decibels). The higher the rating, the louder your speakers will play with a given amount of amplifier power. Sensitivity is often measured by driving a speaker with one watt and measuring the loudness in decibels at one meter.

I don't know what the specs are on FF speakers.
the main reason I get them, when I get them (as opposed to JBL car speakers or something) is because they are well known in the community (reselling the pin) and they work fine.

Just because it starts clipping isn't the speakers, it's because you amplifier can't handle the load.

#6455 5 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

Just because it starts clipping isn't the speakers, it's because you amplifier can't handle the load.

I view it as both - It's the speakers being a good match for the amplifier.

#6456 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I view it as both - It's the speakers being a good match for the amplifier.

usually the main thing you need to look for when matching is the ohm rating and what your using it for. other then that...

#6457 5 years ago

Played a friends LE tonight. Love the game. I don't say it that often about a Stern but it's fun. Beautiful playfield, art package, shots are smooth, sound is great. Everything about the game is fun. Good job Stern and Keith. Well done.

#6458 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

I heard LE owners are required to shave their armpits before unboxing Maiden.
Is this true?

NO It's False - I can post a picture to prove it.

#6459 5 years ago

It’s crazy that Ghostbusters LE was $7800 NIB. Not long ago.

#6460 5 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Played a friends LE tonight. Love the game. I don't say it that often about a Stern but it's fun. Beautiful playfield, art package, shots are smooth, sound is great. Everything about the game is fun. Good job Stern and Keith. Well done.

It doesn’t rate a 1 then?

#6461 5 years ago
Quoted from RandomGuyOffCL:

Wait, I only have one patio...F my life!

I agree. F your life.

#6463 5 years ago

Well... I just got to view the premium pictures... My fear was correct... It's my least favorite art package of the lot. I think overall the pro has the best art package. I like the translite better, and I think it has the best cab art. Yes, the Prem has a more cohesive feel to it, and it does match up nicely to the backwall on the playfield... But, Iron Maiden is more than powerslave and Egypt theme. And I feel all the other art packages did a better job at expressing it. I don't really like the LE backglass or main cab art. The top box art though I think is the best out of all three. But, to me the main cab for the LE just doesn't pop. Its not a dealbreaker for me. As I put down the rest of my payment tomorrow. And it is a beautiful cab... Just my least favorite of the bunch.
I think for the amount of money we all are paying. We should be able to actually choose which art packages and playfields we want. Ohhhh well...
Once I get the game I'll go back to complaining about unfinished codes, or late code updates... For now I can't wait to get my machine!

#6464 5 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Yea not bad but u will need it shipped now which will add another 300-500. The premium looks great and is around 7-7200 shipped and has most of the same stuff . Apparently there were a few cancellations since the premium release and there are still some le left at around 9k....

If you have a solid line on a 9K LE, please send it my way.

#6465 5 years ago

Got my LE delivered and set up...there are zero issues with it. The quality control was spot on, the game is amazing looking (so much better in person than the pics show), the backglass just pops, the sound is great, and the game is a ton of fun. This was my first time playing a prem/LE as opposed to the pro, and I personally like the added stuff (the mechanized goodies and the “ball targets”) better. Thank you Stern and company....fantastic package!

#6466 5 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Well... I just got to view the premium pictures... My fear was correct... It's my least favorite art package of the lot. I think overall the pro has the best art package. I like the translite better, and I think it has the best cab art. Yes, the Prem has a more cohesive feel to it, and it does match up nicely to the backwall on the playfield... But, Iron Maiden is more than powerslave and Egypt theme. And I feel all the other art packages did a better job at expressing it. I don't really like the LE backglass or main cab art. The top box art though I think is the best out of all three. But, to me the main cab for the LE just doesn't pop. Its not a dealbreaker for me. As I put down the rest of my payment tomorrow. And it is a beautiful cab... Just my least favorite of the bunch.
I think for the amount of money we all are paying. We should be able to actually choose which art packages and playfields we want. Ohhhh well...
Once I get the game I'll go back to complaining about unfinished codes, or late code updates... For now I can't wait to get my machine!

The Premium has the best looking art package by far i think. Its one sexy Beast!

#6467 5 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Don't bother. Most of us are extremely happy with the LE. To me, it's the better of the three, and I'm willing to pay for the better of the three.

I'm not sure what it is, but a lot of people like to bash the LE version in here for some reason. Mostly, because they do not like the artwork and refer to it as a Christmas tree. Now - obviously that is kind of a dumb comparison, but got a few laughs and upvotes on posts and all is well.

But reality is, people like to cheer the version that they purchased or are purchasing. I get that, just like I overheard at the car wash today someone having a playful argument with their friend or family member about why they thought the V version of the Cadillac CTS is uglier then the normal version and a waste of money. Well, to the V buyer- they sure as hell don't think so. The additions were worth the price and they were happy to spend it. Why crap on that?

But an LE owner talk down about a Pro or Premium? Downvote central.

At the end of the day, it's the same bad ass game with a couple playfield changes and some artwork most of us will never see and completely forget about when we tuck it away in our lineups.

Until then, whatever version you may own- just enjoy it and drop this comparison stuff.

After all, we know the LE is the best one anyway- simply because it has Keith's signature on it and it's his first pin with Stern.

#6468 5 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

I'm not sure what it is, but a lot of people like to bash the LE version in here for some reason. Mostly, because they do not like the artwork and refer to it as a Christmas tree. Now - obviously that is kind of a dumb comparison, but got a few laughs and upvotes on posts and all is well.
But reality is, people like to cheer the version that they purchased or are purchasing. I get that, just like I overheard at the car wash today someone having a playful argument with their friend or family member about why they thought the V version of the Cadillac CTS is uglier then the normal version and a waste of money. Well, to the V buyer- they sure as hell don't think so. The additions were worth the price and they were happy to spend it. Why crap on that?
At the end of the day, it's the same bad ass game with a couple playfield changes and some artwork most of us will never see and completely forget about when we tuck it away in our lineups.
Until then, whatever version you may own- just enjoy it and drop this comparison stuff.
After all, we know the LE is the best one anyway- simply because it has Keith's signature on it and it's his first pin with Stern.

Not sure if it’s even a thing over there but us Aussies are famous for it:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tall_poppy_syndrome

#6469 5 years ago
Quoted from jints56:

It doesn’t rate a 1 then?

Lol. I would say mostly 8's and 9's. With 3 different art packages, it's hard to rate games. I like the premium art the best.

#6470 5 years ago

We can all nit-pick about small details but overall I think we can all agree this is one of the best "sets" of art packages that Stern has ever released.

Other artists beware! The bar has been raised again by ZY along with our expectations for future art packages. Mediocre art is slowly becoming the new crap and good-enough won't cut it anymore --- ZY has raised our expectations again!

Some applause for what ZY is doing for pinball - thanks

#6471 5 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

We can all nit-pick about small details but overall I think we can all agree this is one of the best "sets" of art packages that Stern has ever released.
Other artists beware! The bar has been raised again by ZY along with our expectations for future art packages. Mediocre art is slowly becoming the new crap and good-enough won't cut it anymore --- ZY has raised our expectations again!

Absolutely agree !

#6472 5 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

The Premium has the best looking art package by far i think. Its one sexy Beast!

I prefer the Pro over premium buy a long shot.. JMHO

#6473 5 years ago
Quoted from spinal:

Agreed! we are arguing over 3 kick ass art packages, look at AC/DC.. we dodged a bullet here as we could have 3 versions with old sweaty dudes plastered all over them! Thanks you ZY & Stern for not doing that.

#6474 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

I prefer the Pro over premium by a long shot.. JMHO

I like the pro alot except for the back glass. The pro is probably what im going to end up with so its a good thing i like it also.

#6475 5 years ago

It's time for an IMDN artwork poll

#6476 5 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Agreed! we are arguing over 3 kick ass art packages, look at AC/DC.. we dodged a bullet here as we could have 3 versions with old sweaty dudes plastered all over them! Thanks you ZY & Stern for not doing that.

I dont think anyone was worried about that, as AC/DC doesnt have any artwork tied to them.

#6477 5 years ago

This game gets better by the day.

Super addicting.

The music is so perfect for pinball - even my wife agrees and she tells me to change the song anytime an Iron Maiden track pops up on Pandora LOL. She loves the machine because it's just pure fun. It's the definition of why we love pinball.

The call outs?

F-ing SPECTACULAR and pure metal and pinball mayhem that just adds to the overall awesome package that is Iron Maiden. When you hear the devil guy voice yell TIME EXTENDEDDDD! and the perfectly timed sounds and lighting effects- it just adds this dynamic combination of sound, lighting, and action I've yet to find in another pin to date.

Just epic, plain and simple... Those who are waiting for this machine are going to be blown away.

#6478 5 years ago

Looks like a long wait--I was told 2-3 weeks for Premiums, next run of Pros after that.

#6479 5 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

As an outsider that isn’t an IM fan and have not bought any version of the game, the LE cabinet is the best and the Pro translight is the best. The worst of the three: the Premium, is still pretty damn good. All are winners!

#6480 5 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

As an outsider that isn’t an IM fan and have not bought any version of the game, the LE cabinet is the best and the Pro translight is the best. The worst of the three: the Premium, is still pretty damn good. All are winners!

Personally I would LOVE to have the LE translight on my Pro.

#6481 5 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Personally I would LOVE to have the LE translight on my Pro.

Even if you don't get your favorite translite, you have to admit- the LCD is the main focus above the playfield. The best animations and information layout Stern has used to date. They went all out and proved that moving away from the DMD can be not only much more useful, but significantly more awesome

#6482 5 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Even if you don't get your favorite translite, you have to admit- the LCD is the main focus above the playfield. The best animations and information layout Stern has used to date. They went all out and proved that moving away from the DMD can be not only much more useful, but significantly more awesome

The LCD is cool. My only complaint about the game is how long it takes to boot! I went from T2, which booted up in no time, to Metallica, which doesn't take that long, to IMDN which takes FOREVER.....

#6483 5 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

You posted a picture of big bird standing next to the Premium yesterday. It has 7 up votes right now.

seems like a weird post to make when you were having fun poking fun at the Premium yesterday (as was I with the LE... just for fun I think they're all great)

#6484 5 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

The LCD is cool. My only complaint about the game is how long it takes to boot! I went from T2, which booted up in no time, to Metallica, which doesn't take that long, to IMDN which takes FOREVER.....

Put a stop watch on that interminable start up wait, and if you don’t die of starvation or old age before the machine is ready to play... let us know the time in Years:Days:Hours:Minutes:Seconds.

Just poking fun. I know it’s longer than older machines... but it’s also a little more complicated.

#6485 5 years ago

The LE is a thing of beauty in person. I like the other two, but prefer the Pro look. The Premium seems the best balance of aesthetics, price, and features. I'd definitely go with a Premium if I didn't already have an LE. Or a Pro if the extra cash didn't seem worth it. I hate the idea of hierarchy in general and wish they had just made them all LEs. But I think the Pro buyers should be proud of what they are getting for that price.

#6486 5 years ago
Quoted from trilamb:

You posted a picture of big bird standing next to the Premium yesterday. It has 7 up votes right now.
seems like a weird post to make when you were having fun poking fun at the Premium yesterday (as was I with the LE... just for fun I think they're all great)

Nah not weird. Just having fun, because people were calling the LE a Christmas tree - which is a bit of a stretch. That's about as good of a comparison as Big Bird is to the Premium which was my point.. just having fun with the goofiness of Pinside.

For the record, I like both machines and would own either art package. But that's because I don't care about the artwork much since it's rarely seen when in a lineup.

I bought the LE because:

1) I wanted it faster
2) Has Keith's signature
3) Had features I would pay for anyway.. invisiglass, shaker, art blades, upgraded speakers, armor, mirrored backglass, etc
4) May hold it's value better

Everyone has their own reasons to buy the version that appeals to them the most. Artwork is the very last reason I make a decision.

#6487 5 years ago

I browse over this thread from time to time to see if people post useful information and all i see is garbage and people who care about post voting

#6488 5 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

The call outs?
F-ing SPECTACULAR

Agreed! Definitely a lot of thought went into this. “Hallowed be thy drain” after a slingshot straight to the outlane makes me chuckle instead of being pissed off haha

#6489 5 years ago
Quoted from MapleSyrup:

Put a stop watch on that interminable start up wait, and if you don’t die of starvation or old age before the machine is ready to play... let us know the time in Years:Days:Hours:Minutes:Seconds.
Just poking fun. I know it’s longer than older machines... but it’s also a little more complicated.

Definitely realize it's a first world problem. The first time I turned it on and nothing seemed to happen though, I was like, "Uh oh....!" Didn't time it, but it felt like a good 10 seconds before I saw lights. Could've just been because of my excitement though, who knows.

I assume all SPIKE games take this long?

#6490 5 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

I browse over this thread from time to time to see if people post useful information and all i see is garbage and people who care about post voting

People are trying to figure out what to buy.

#6491 5 years ago

All nice machines. My choice was based on wanting the extra toys but not having the extra money. I'm getting a premium.

#6492 5 years ago

The overwhelming love for this game is impossible to ignore. Per Pinside map there is not one located within hundreds of miles from me, although I have heard the 403 club now has one. I have never bought a pin without playing it first but I am starting to rethink that policy for this pin. Is it REALLY that good? I know everyone is still on their honeymoon so I expect nothing but great reviews. Again, I have never seen Pinside so much in love with a new release. That alone says a whole lot.

#6493 5 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Agreed! Definitely a lot of thought went into this. “Hallowed be thy drain” after a slingshot straight to the outlane makes me chuckle instead of being pissed off haha

Love that one! The callouts not only have the best voice work in a pin that i've personally ever heard, they are timed very well and add so much to the atmosphere when playing the game.

Considering my last music pin was Aerosmith, Iron Maiden makes that machine seem so boring and bland - sound effects, music, lighting, etc. - so much more went into this game vs AS.

#6494 5 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

Is it REALLY that good?

Yes.

The closest one to me is 2 hours and one international border away. I played it there a few weeks ago, and I'll be there playing it again this Sunday. I also played a bunch in Allentown. They are making more Pros at the beginning of June, and I'm am buying one of them.

#6495 5 years ago

Is it REALLY that good?

TL;DR Yes.

Long version:

HELL YES.

#6496 5 years ago

Setup my LE last night and played several games. Man, what an amazing pin! Couldn't be happier.

First few games everything worked fine, but when I ended the night, I have two problems. First, Mummy captive ball is no longer reading hits. Second, trap door leading to sarcophagus lock doesn't know the ball is there and won't open the door. Ball check clears it but sarcophagus immediately dumps it back to playfield. The secret entrance diverter stays open, so as soon as you shoot the left ramp again, the process repeats.

I'll dig in over the weekend. Gets my troubleshooting juices flowing!

#6497 5 years ago
Quoted from PinCrush:

Setup my LE last night and played several games. Man, what an amazing pin! Couldn't be happier.
First few games everything worked fine, but when I ended the night, I have two problems. First, Mummy captive ball is no longer reading hits. Second, trap door leading to sarcophagus lock doesn't know the ball is there and won't open the door. Ball check clears it but sarcophagus immediately dumps it back to playfield. The secret entrance diverter stays open, so as soon as you shoot the left ramp again, the process repeats.
I'll dig in over the weekend. Gets my troubleshooting juices flowing!

Seems this has been the most common issue/adjustment needed that I mentioned earlier in the thread.

It will just take some adjustment of the plastic "spoon" that the metal standoff sits in to make the switch trigger.

I actually just swapped the Orb captive ball switch with the Mummy captive switch and made some basic adjustments/bends in the switches (not that swapping them fixed the issue) and it seems to work much better. Initially I was frustrated since it seemed like a bigger issue, but now that I understand it better it's not that difficult of a fix. I just think it could have been designed a bit better for more reliable hit registers because it may go out of adjustment more often than not over time.. we'll see!

For now, it's working great after adjustment.

#6498 5 years ago

The overwhelming love for this game is impossible to ignore. Per Pinside map there is not one located within hundreds of miles from me, although I have heard the 403 club now has one. I have never bought a pin without playing it first but I am starting to rethink that policy for this pin. Is it REALLY that good? I know everyone is still on their honeymoon so I expect nothing but great reviews. Again, I have never seen Pinside so much in love with a new release. That alone days a whole lot.

No pin is for everyone and there is almost no way any pin could live up to the hype this one is getting. That said, it's an amazingly fun pin with a unique layout and broad appeal. It's about as safe of a blind purchase as one could get (still better to play first of course).

#6499 5 years ago

The only reasons I could see someone not enjoying Iron Maiden pinball:

- you just HAVE to have a bash toy (though the captive ball almost counts)
- you like easy ramp shots (these are not easy, but so, so satisfying)
- you don't dig "intensity" (there's lightning and Satan all over this thing, and it moves)
- you think four flippers is two too many

Seriously, I am struggling to find negatives about this game. Someone early on in one if the main threads said how we're all "exploring" this game and they totally nailed it. This game has nuance and secrets - so much to see and do and learn about. And it works, and it's affordable and it's most importantly FUN!!

#6500 5 years ago

Alright, well, I have been really torn on this primarily since I haven't seen any of these games in person (I'm hoping the light show and extra features are worth the extra money) and some of the QC stuff has me nervous...but I've officially ordered a premium.

I sure wish the premium would ship with lollipop rails, but I guess I can add those easily enough, just worry about messing up the decals putting those on.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 24.50
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
$ 18.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 7,177 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 144.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/next-new-title-from-stern-announced-this-saturday/page/130 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.