1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider isj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3845 10 years ago

Does anybody have a LotR in good shape that they would part with? I think my wife would actually allow me to get a pin if it's LotR..

#3886 10 years ago

Anyone in the area have a "The Shadow" they wouldnt mind letting my play for a night? I like the looks of it and might be in the market for one - but not without playing it first.

1 month later
#4227 10 years ago

I think Paul was asking because he is looking for parts/a new one? (bout the Mach 3)

#4236 10 years ago

LTG's is about 15/20 from Uptown/Downtown and is awesome. Mort's is good after 6:00 since they open both sides of the bar, they also have darts and foosball. Blainbrook is cool, but it's about 35/40 from the city.

#4243 10 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

More like 8 miles.
LTG : )™

Minutes, not miles, my friend. Isn't everything in the metro area 15 minutes away?

EDIT: I stand corrected. 13 minutes from where I am sitting in Edina, 18 minutes from my place in the city; but, this averages to 15.5 minutes, thus the theory holds true.

3 weeks later
#4443 9 years ago

Wondering if anybody has a Theatre of Magic in the metro area? My wife really liked the game a lot, and I want to sit down and play one / converse with an owner about it. Can anybody help out?

I think there is a search feature somewhere, but I can't find it.

#4445 9 years ago

All the map seems to do is list people (and I don't want to click the 300 icons in the area), and list locations with games.

What am I missing?

#4448 9 years ago

Winning. I didn't see that little "Owners" link - thanks davewth!

#4450 9 years ago

Already played it Monday for an hour or two. Why do you think my wife wants one?

1 week later
#4520 9 years ago
Quoted from elross66:

Has anyone looked at the Black Rose table that keeps showing up in Mpls Craiglist? I thinking about going to look at it.

The only pin I wanted to look at was the LOTR that sold in an hour last Thursday within 12 blocks of my place. Who got it? I need a wife-friendly pinball and she loves LOTR movies/stuff.

#4529 9 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

How much did it sell for?

3895 was asking - 3800 was the offer he took before I could get out of work. :pityme:

#4533 9 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

That hurts, such a BUY IT NOW sort of price.

Yup. I was about to pull $4k in cash from the bank before I even saw it. Oh well, I'll buy some camping gear instead for this summer.

1 week later
#4623 9 years ago

Anyone know of a BSD that is tired of its current home and looking for a new one? I am looking for a second title, and I think this is the one.

1 week later
#4747 9 years ago

Sweet - my brother lives in LaCrosse. Time to go visit! him.. of course.

1 month later
#4925 9 years ago

Anyone out there interested in trading for Whirlwind? I don't have pics, but the playfield is in good shape - cab is a bit rough. Hell, you can come play it when I get done writing this research paper.

Would prefer stuff of my wishlist, but I'd be open to checking out other stuff!

#4932 9 years ago

Well that was uncalled for/random/strange/odd/unusual. Somebody fill me in!

#4964 9 years ago

I just want to be on page 100. Deal with it!

2 weeks later
#5152 9 years ago

If somebody can get me a quote on the Theatre of Magic while you're at it, send me a PM?

#5155 9 years ago

But no Theatre of Magic price? I shall call the sex line.

3 months later
#5899 9 years ago

Untitled-12.pngUntitled-12.png

It's upright. Right?

1 month later
#6150 9 years ago

If anyone knows of an El Dorado (EM) in decent shape, I am looking to pick it up! Spread the word, thunderbird.

1 week later
#6255 9 years ago

Curious if anybody is randomly headed to Omaha and back and wants to haul a pin back for me, for a price

1 week later
#6318 9 years ago

Hey WI/MN/Midwest folks. Really looking for a single player drop target EM before this summer when my dad gets back home: I would to surprise him with a pin. He really liked El Dorado back in the day, but anything like Atlantis, Centigrade 37, Joker Poker (EM), etc. would probably be up his alley.

PM me if you have any leads or anything you might consider moving. Thanks!

3 weeks later
#6436 9 years ago

Still interested in a drop target heavy wedgehead, here. Got any leads?

2 weeks later
#6517 9 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I just wished I lived closer :/

Drive faster

#6534 9 years ago

Tell me more?

1 week later
#6627 9 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

If any of you are interested in going in on an Escalera to bring machines to Pinball Circus let me know. The more the merrier for sure, but I'll ask what I should bring...
Last Action Hero
Ripley's Believe It or Not!
Whirlwind
What would be your choice of those three?

RBION - haven't played that one!

2 weeks later
#6740 9 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

If you were in Wisconsin, I would sell my Party Animal (cheap!) so you could match your handle.

As for the original post.. go to MGC this year and check out the pins. I'll bet you can find one there for 2000.

#6741 9 years ago

And another note! I am looking for something around 1500-3000. Let me know what you have! (I already emailed Snowman, waiting for him to respond about the JD).

#6750 9 years ago
Quoted from u2sean:

I agree with this - lots of great games at MGC. I know for certain there will be a LW3 for less than $2K for sure.

I might not be able to make it to MGC :\ Something may have come up on the 11th. Argh.

#6782 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

You ARE NOT going to play my Mustang.

Good. I want my 4xx GC score to stay up. Is it still up!?

2 weeks later
#6934 9 years ago

I really like Moon Man from New Glarus, and their Serendipity/Tarts are good for outdoor drinkin'

#6972 9 years ago

Anyone interested in a ToM or a LOTR? I have a small collection and would like to trade games around; both games shopped this winter and changed over to LEDs - LOTR with LED OCD board installed looks great.

Mostly looking for ST, WH20, TZ, or a 2 since I have new space. Send me what you have! Just putting out feelers. I don't need CQ, as long as the price reflects condition.

Send me a PM and we can chat. I'd bring these to the pinball BBQ if anyone has updates on that event; I PM'd MnHotRod and didn't get anything back: is this happening again? I don't want to fill up his inbox.

1 month later
#7098 8 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Just a heads up for all the local guys. Whatever plans you have TOMORROW night...cancel em'.
Image loading is disabled in your settings. un-hide91Pobe8XjVL._SL1500_3.jpg

Is it weird that I am just waiting on the MB?
Err... FUCK YEA! KISS!

1 month later
#7258 8 years ago

And here I am zoning out in grad school :\

1 week later
#7293 8 years ago

Anyone have an Escalera in the area that I could rent for a day? Moving August 1. PM me if you can help me out!

#7296 8 years ago

Was just seeing if I could give a pinhead a few bucks, but I'll rent one from the big box if need be. Thanks!

1 month later
#7454 8 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

If you want to play it after the fair is over, Mortimer's has one on location too.

Unfortunately I'll be hogging it every day, so you can't play it.
EDIT: Unless Gringo's is actually open.

1 week later
#7506 8 years ago

Still looking for a potential trade for my LOTR.
I just don't play the thing as much as I would like for a small collection.
Come over and check it out!

3 weeks later
#7598 8 years ago

Anyone know where the WH20 went from Gringo's?
I want that damned game

#7600 8 years ago

I've told him all I have is a ToM and a LOTR - he said maybe to LOTR, but already has both on route, soo... :\

On another note, TOTAN is leaning hard right in Gringo's. It's still playable, but there's a note for him

#7605 8 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

Spoke to John, find him a tspp and maybe he'll trade his Whitewater.

Asked him if he would just outright sell.

2 weeks later
#7707 8 years ago

Still looking for WH20 bump. Keep my random string of consonants in mind!
Would buy straight out or do a trade involving my LOTR.

3 months later
#8232 8 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

sinbad was mentioned....watched tnt's video. Seems like a sweet game! Anyone know how much those usually go for and if there are any around?

Fun game and there are both SS and EM versions. I think they are around $4-700?

#8237 8 years ago

EM all the way!

1 month later
#8349 8 years ago

The tax man cometh and the tax man taketh away. Looks like I owe thousands into the IRS this year.

I am going to have to sell my nice BSD that I picked up recently.

I will be taking some pics and editing this post tonight with a link to the gallery, PM me if you're interested.

3 months later
#8702 7 years ago

Temp trade my LOTR for your TWD pro?

1 month later
#8797 7 years ago

My LOTR is up for sale, shopped last year and played minimally since. Routed at one point, cleaned up nicely.

minneapolis.craigslist.org link

2 weeks later
#8857 7 years ago

Wondering if anybody has a Big Lebowski on order around the cities or area. I am thinking about pulling the trigger because it's my dream theme.. would love to come check one out. I'll bring the caucasians. PM me?

1 week later
#8893 7 years ago

Had fun playing at the fair because I could actually hear callouts, just sayin'! That MET was in great shape and real fun

#8895 7 years ago

Paul's basement is like a rock concert. I'm bringing earplugs next time I go over there.

#8921 7 years ago

Believe his name is DirtFlipper on Pinside.

5 months later
#9417 7 years ago

Buddy is bit by the bug and looking for something between 2000-4000. I recommended games like Whirlwind, The Shadow, Getaway, Swords of Fury, WH20, etc for him.

If you have something you might sell around the Twin Cities or MGC, send me a PM!

1 week later
#9444 7 years ago

Dammit Ben.

4 weeks later
#9571 7 years ago

Looking for a WH20 in the area -- ping me with any leads?

1 year later
#11788 5 years ago

Looking for a 2-3k game to add to my collection, feel free to PM.

#11792 5 years ago

Anybody have any recommendations for board work locally? The Shadow has been experiencing WPC resets; I replaced some of the board components, but don't want to dig too heavily if I can avoid it and it makes sense financially.

#11795 5 years ago

Yes I have reset everything and I am looking at BR2 and it doesn't look great (brown donut around a leg). I am going to reflow and check diodes. I will call John if all else fails I guess

3 weeks later
#11833 5 years ago

Where's the best place to get pinball glass in the city? Looking at replacing a sheet for a Gottlieb Sys 3 game.

1 month later
#11934 5 years ago

Looking for a Stern ST Pro. Message me with any leads!

#11936 5 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

You aint gettin mine.

Downvote!

4 weeks later
#11999 5 years ago

Hey local folks, just listed my Stargate on CL.

2 weeks later
#12042 5 years ago

Local Ace hardware has had all the fuses I have needed, including goofy Gottlieb ones for Stargate. Might be worth a call to your local hardware shop.

1 week later
#12086 5 years ago

Looking for a Sys11 game in the sub 3k range. Let me know what you have!

#12095 5 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Get out of here......they are all mine.

1 week later
#12131 5 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Gotcha
Only problem is I'm runnin' low on beer
so I'm gonna have to go out sooner or later...

Drive some over here too, thanks.

#12157 5 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

It's always nice to plan ahead for days like these.
[quoted image]

omw

4 weeks later
#12298 5 years ago

Looking for an Atlantis or Abra Ca Dabra EM. PM me if ya got any leads

1 month later
#12497 5 years ago

Looking for TWD Pro for a buddy. Let me know if you know what I need to know!

1 week later
#12518 5 years ago

Snapped that 5 year streak!

1 month later
#12690 4 years ago

Wondering if anyone out there is interested in trading toward a ToM, feel free to PM. Really looking for TWD Pro, but open to shaking things up.

#12699 4 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Can I buy it back at the price I sold it to you 4 years ago?

We could definitely work something reasonable out if you're sincerely interested

4 months later
#13132 4 years ago

Does anyone sell (pin)balls locally? Pinball Warehouse, etc?

1 week later
#13155 4 years ago

Anyone want to trade their sheet of regular glass + cash for a sheet of invisiglass?

Not sure what the correct amount to ask is here. Let me know if you're interested via PM and we can probably work something out.

3 weeks later
#13218 4 years ago

Anybody in the twin cities sell pinball glass? Looking for one sheet.

#13249 4 years ago
Quoted from PBaller22:

Does anyone in the Twin Cities area happen to have a pinball cover they're looking to sell? Looking for one for an 80's Bally standard machine. I'm trying to get it before Thanksgiving and my shipping date just got changed to the middle of December. Thanks!

Will this do the trick?

1 week later
#13279 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballplusMN:

I first did business with Big Al in 1985. I traded a Xenon and 200.00 For a Centaur. Al and his wife delivered it to my work at Viking Village in St. Paul. I was 15 at the time.
Al is one of the main reasons pinball is as popular as it is in the Midwest area now. Alot of collectors here in the midwest got started via AL. He would always come in to the operators in the Twin Cities and buy their old non working/dirty games. This process repeated itself probably hundreds of times in the 80's to the 2010's. This gave operators confidence to buy more pinball machines as they knew when the games were rotated on the route they could count on Al to give them a fair price for them. If Al was not around to buy all of those games operators would not have purchased as much as they did back in the day. The company I worked for an operator in the 90's which bought like 35+ Addams Familys and after a few years Al would buy them. The operator would then invest in newer games (T Zone, TOM etc) and the cycle would continue. Locations always wanted something fresh. Even good titles would get stale after a while. Locations were always demanding wanting the newest game regardless if it was good or not.
If you see Al or visit him its good to say thanks for what he has done for pinball in Minnesota and beyond.

I have seen people dump on Al online based on his attitude. I think he's been around and seen enough to no longer really care about a first impression -- it might not be the most customer-centric approach, but I don't take offense to his no BS attitude. It's really cool to get a glance at this part of the history, thanks for posting.

3 weeks later
#13369 4 years ago

I don't care about HUO as much as condition. If the owner never changed out balls or lifted glass, the playfield could be worn. If an op takes care of their games, they can stay nice AND mechanically sound.

You could probably start a poll and some good fights on the front page

2 weeks later
#13466 4 years ago

Dumb question: anyone in the metro have 5 555 sunlight frosted 2SMD from Comet they would part with tonight or tomorrow? I have a shop job and am 5 short, and the lights are in impossible-to-reach spots, and I'm impatient/want to reassemble the game. I'll give you a beer and some lights when they come in the mail!

1 month later
#13638 4 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Thanks for the heads up, you rock. We will definitely stop by when in the cities, me and my son are planning a pinball Adventure. Not to worry Lloyd will still stop by SS while we're up there

If you have a chance to give us a visit up in Northeast, we have 10 at the moment and are working on two more. Games are $.50 or $.25/game (grab tokens from the bar). 21+ after 8pm.

https://pinballmap.com/minnesota/?by_location_id=13576

#13657 4 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

SS is a great stop! There’s a handful of others worth checking out as well - Tilt, Mortimer’s, Cafetto and Blainbrook.

And NE Arcade. We are putting in some work, keep us in mind -- we are lucky to have so many great spots to play these days!

#13667 4 years ago

Anybody making a trip from WI to Minneapolis/MN in the next month with the ability to deliver a game? I am short on time and have a few things lining up. If you have time, space, and room for money in your wallet, PM me.

1 month later
#13836 4 years ago

Anybody in the metro want to trade games temporarily for the quarantine/etc? Can't trade BSD ST Atlantis or SMB, they are in place for the duration of isolation. Idk -- maybe this is not a thing to do based on the situation, but I could use a little temporary shake-up.

1 week later
#13862 4 years ago

Good morning!

I have a game I'd like to pick up, but need some cash to do so. Check out my collection and see if there's anything that piques your interest and shoot me a PM. Not interested in parting with TWD or The Shadow at this time.

EDIT: this is not a firesale. I do not need to purchase new games. I do not need to sell these games; if you are expecting a Coronavirus flash-sale, this isn't it.

#13864 4 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

Your collection looks familiar, are you the op at NE Arcade?

Yup

#13868 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I posted about NE Arcade when we visited the Twin Cities at the end of February before we all went on lock down. Their machines are in great shape and appears to be maintained by enthusiasts, unlike some other locations where if it flips, it's put out regardless of how poorly it plays. A really great location to visit once we can start moving around again! Their BSD is one of the cleanest that I've played.
(side note, your Whirlwind is pretty tempting...)

Thanks for the kind words

#13913 4 years ago

Whirlwind for sale:

Machine - For Sale
Whirlwind Archived
Routed - fresh off route - “Whirlwind for sale -- PM me if you are interested. Flame me in the comments if you want to give me a free bump.”
2020-04-19
Minneapolis, MN
3,000 (Firm)
Archived after: 23 days
Viewed: 1858 times

1 week later
#13934 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Damn! That sucks.

My buddy and I who routed the pins / vids at NEA are on the lookout for a new opportunity bearing in mind things will take a long time to get back to normal. We made a decent amount of connections in our short, six-month stint, however, feel free to send any interested parties my way.

My house is getting very full.

#13936 4 years ago
Quoted from beergut666:

Well if you need a place to put that Star Trek or Walking Dead for a couple of months I know a guy (games stay on first floor, no basement stairs).

Thank you for the generous offer, unfortunately, they're already placed; I get to enjoy playing games instead of working on them.
Shot a billion point game on TWD, 95 walkers. Really wanted to see Last Man Standing -- ah well, all things with time.

If you need a dedicated Mortal Kombat cabinet on the other hand...

#13940 4 years ago
Quoted from BadgeringBadger:

Wow, that sucks. I was waiting to go back the day it reopened. Hope you find a new home, would be great if someone could put more than one machine closer to the NE suburbs, so I wouldn't have to drive half an hour to Minneapolis to get my fix.
In the meantime, if you need someone to hold onto that Theatre of Magic, Genie, or Target Alpha, I've got some room in the basement!

Genie is up for sale, 1k. Message if you're interested.

#13943 4 years ago

Yes, have the following for sale:

Whirlwind for 3200
Genie for 1000
Ms Pacman (sped up) Cocktail 1000
Galaga Cocktail 1000
Mortal Kombat 1000

2 weeks later
#14010 3 years ago

Just threw my Pacman Battle Royale up on FB Marketplace. $4500 - was in operation for about a month. Not sure if anyone is interested in something outside of pinball, but, there you have it.

2 weeks later
#14235 3 years ago

Hey dude this is a for sale thread. No opinions or "off-topic" content allowed!

Also I have pinball machines for sale and wish to purchase pinball machines.

#14241 3 years ago

Really cool game! I saw one over in Madison, some guy had one. I wonder if he would sell.. if only there was some way of knowing.

Also I personally have pinball machines for sale and want to buy pinball machines.

3 weeks later
#14373 3 years ago

All the ACNC I have ever played have buggy software issues. This was awhile back -- did they fix their shit? The game seems legit other than the naggling issues.

#14376 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

The most recent code in the last month is excellent. Added a lot of cool new features and squashed a lot of bugs.

Cool. Super interesting game and layout. My space is full, but was curious because it always looked like a cool game that just got rekt by code issues.

#14378 3 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Still looking for a TAXI

I might know of one if it didn't already sell. I'll see if he can PM you.

#14386 3 years ago

Yea it's that one. Dude is legit. Idk why the price difference. I told him to message you, Bohdi. We did a trade and we met halfway, maybe he would do the same for a sale.

3 months later
#14821 3 years ago

Looking for a nice Flash Gordon if anybody has any leads. Hardtop is fine.
Willing to do the work if it's trashed and I can get my hands hands on a hardtop.

#14825 3 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

If you are willing to spend a bit more CPR has playfields in stock.

Thanks for the heads up - now to get the guts

2 weeks later
#14884 3 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Went and checked out the 4 pin lot in maple grove today.
Guy pulled them out of a shed, lots of swollen cabinets, mud dauber nests, missing transformer in one of them. Alien Star had mold on the playfield, Ali was severely rusted and very flaking backglass. Hypersonic backglass was starting to flake and fall off on the bottom as well.
Would not reccomend dealing with him, as soon as I said I wasn't going to buy them he did a 180 on his attitude and isn't someone I'd deal with again.

Guy has responded to multiple postings I have made on FB and has had a dump attitude online immediately asking "what's the least you'll take." Thanks for confirming my suspicions about the dude.

2 weeks later
#14978 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

What? TWD Pro? Didn’t you just have a hell of a time selling a TWD Premium??

Maybe he realized the Pro is the better game and it has been his plot all along.

#15033 3 years ago

I deleted this post. Big whoop.

#15052 3 years ago

If anyone knows/hears of a nice Flash Gordon, please keep me in mind. Probably cash but could potentially trade something. Or something on my wishlist (LOOKING AT YOU KRUPPS)

#15110 3 years ago

Big fan of pro v premium on the title. Crossbow toy ruins the flow along w the lifting ramp. That being said, mine is not currently for sale.

#15116 3 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I owned the Pro for a few years and downgraded to the Premium.

FTFY

#15195 3 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

I MIGHT be willing to let my EBD go?

You let me know if that's ever the case!

#15203 3 years ago
Quoted from John_In_WI:

This is where you're supposed to make him an offer he can't refuse.

$3.50

#15204 3 years ago

Anyone local have a pin with a hardtop installed they would let some random asshole play for 15 mins? I was thinking about shipping a pin over but it has a hardtop and I have heard 50/50 reviews on them and their gameplay. I'd like to draw my own conclusions before committing to this thing.

#15208 3 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

Hard tops are garbage. I’d rather have a bad original playfield. The amount of prep anyway for a hard top actually makes it way more worth it to do a full swap. Please don’t do hard tops.

It's already installed, just not local.

#15212 3 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

Plus the process involved to do it right, is a significant amount of work and you should be sure it looks nice. You essentially have to sand away the thickness of the overlay so all your posts and hardware fit nicely. It has to be laid down spot on the old holes to be registered correctly. If you didn’t strip the bottom part of the playfield, you will have a sea dust mine in all your mechanics.
Dude, I’m telling you to run.

Dude has a good rep and assured me the game plays correctly. Sent pics of everything including the underneath with the playfield totally removed etc.

If anyone has a hardtop, please send me a PM and I will bring you a six pack if I can flip your game for 15.

#15222 3 years ago

Interesting how all these people say you can't tell the difference, and others saying 'ZOMG YOU'LL DIE IF YOU EVEN LOOK AT IT.' Must be related to installation? Old product vs. new hardtop product? People are insanely picky? This is why I wanted to play one.

1 week later
#15287 3 years ago

Maybe if I cant get this damned phurba working! Aaaaaaargh.

2 weeks later
#15432 3 years ago

Sure am tired of a couple of the local flippers driving prices to ridiculous heights in Minneapolis.

Helping a friend get his first game. If you have a reasonable game between 3-6k and want it to go to someone who will actually play it, feel free to PM.

#15436 3 years ago

The only reason I am looking is for a new collector, and there are a number of die-hard flippers that are buying everything up and reselling it. I am sick of seeing the same people pick up games and flip them within 3 days. Scummy shit.

I'm not a "victim of a flipper," but in Minneapolis the whole market is made up of douchebags buying anything remotely well-priced as quickly as possible and pumping/dumping the shit within a week. Good on you for making your thousands but on the flip, fuck off for real. You're not adding anything to this community.

Got a few PMs for real prices instead of this gouging crap, thanks.

1 week later
#15530 3 years ago

Anyone local have a sheet of glass? Maybe I should just call John?

#15555 3 years ago
Quoted from techpatriot:

Happy New Year! I'm selling my WOZ, if anyone is interested. Same price (for now) as what I paid for it and added a few mods since then.

I like WOZ and could see myself owning one, but I don't know what the difference between all of the versions are. I see the game go from ~6k-12k based on the edition; I swear I have seen like 17 different configurations on this game.

#15573 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

He started a thread about podcasts to listen to, then got in an argument with a moderator, I don’t remember what it was about exactly but it must of got nice and heated as I only saw the first couple interactions but it must of got worse

Nothing really that bad -- it appears a mod seems to have it out for him. Dude didn't say shit, but he has a reputation and got unfairly booted if its from the AP thread.

4 weeks later
#15718 3 years ago

Looking for a Mousin' Around or Bad Cats if anybody has a lead ping me, thanks.

#15720 3 years ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

There's a guy currently getting shit on non stop for listing an 8k Bad Cats in a few facebook groups.....
Doubt that's what you had in mind though.

Lol. No. I would like to pay a sensible price for a game that I am going to get as a gift for somebody, thanks for the chuckle though

#15725 3 years ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

That's a heck of a gift.

Well if people are asking ridiculous prices like $8k, then yes, that's a heck of a gift. I'm hoping to get it by April 1. I would also consider trading something out of my collection if someone wants to go that route, but would rather just put cash on the glass.

3 weeks later
#15814 3 years ago

Don't rule out TNA if it's in the budget! Also a very fun game

3 weeks later
#15935 3 years ago

Well in that case I have a dedicated ms pacman cocktail for $750 for sale. I, too, am out of room.

#15938 3 years ago
Quoted from Grossp59:

Anyone know if the machines at Caffetto are running and playable to the public?

Yes, they are. They only have: BK2K, Big Guns, Alien Poker, Mata Hari and Star Trek (old) in the basement at the moment. Pinball map needs an update.

1 week later
#15973 3 years ago

Have a Deadpool Pro, would consider trading for something like Whitewater or other similarly priced games. PM me if you have something you might wanna swap.

2 weeks later
#16035 3 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

What happened? I gave up on the news a while ago.

Police shot a 20 year old. While some are inclined first to create "context" and justify why it happened, others wonder why having an air freshener hanging from your rear view mirror or a fake $20 are death sentences handed down by an entity who has "sworn to serve and protect."

The second part wasn't on the news, but will result in potential violence from one side and potential rioting on the other, and history repeats itself, hence, be aware/careful.

#16038 3 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

"Police shot a 20 year old" was all that was need to be said to inform people of the problem.

I'll make sure to check with you before I post in the future. I was thinking about selling a game, I'll send you the pics and you can succinctly point out the language, information, and pictures I should provide to potential buyers according to satisfy your specific needs.

#16041 3 years ago
Quoted from Trogdor:

Create context? You either have an outstanding warrant and attempted to flee, or you didn’t. “Don’t run”..
The air freshener was in the news, as was the outstanding warrant. So you posting one without the other made your own “context”.

Good job affirming my previous point. Have a great day!

Jedi, I feel that and will stop discussing this matter ("political" or not). I believe my first post about the matter did a good job of succinctly discussing why people "should be careful," as people asked the question in the thread. Some disagree. Nothing positive will come from the conversation at this point.

#16043 3 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

We live in an age where criminals are glorified. Just look at certain genres of music. I'd expect to be shot at if I was running from police, especially with a history of firearm offenses. Common sense is dead.

You're talking about classic rock, right?
Helter Skelter, Hey Joe, etc?

"Common sense is dead," rather: people are more comfortable sharing their own point of view that doesn't agree with your point of view, and you're offended because "The Times They Are A-Chagin'" so you lash out against change and for censorship.

As Dylan said, it is “about the person who doesn’t take you seriously but expects you to take him seriously."

Also, Jedi, for real this time.

#16048 3 years ago
Quoted from John_In_WI:

You do know "Helter Skelter" the song came first, right?

Yes, my point was that correlation does not imply causation. Thank you.

In the same vein: I listen to songs about having sex but I sure don't seem to get laid.

#16062 3 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Going to be listing a Flash Gordon with repainted cabinet. Original playfield with mylar. Price won't be for the faint of heart. Entertaining trade offers. Stay tuned.

How much for me to swap my playfield into the cab

2 weeks later
#16093 3 years ago

Anyone local have any Bally SS parts? Specifically need two of the "tall 44 sockets" , 2 large SCR and 2 small SCR.

Have a couple of lights out on my flash Gordon and would love to get em fixed this weekend.

EDIT: I just placed an order. If you happen to have them I'd pick them up and give you the replacements when they arrive.

2 weeks later
#16167 2 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

Headed up from KC today of games. We’d to be moved up.

This post reminded me of this - I assume you're on your phone

1 week later
#16212 2 years ago

Looking for a Baywatch if anyone knows of one locally - would entertain a trade or have cash.

2 weeks later
#16308 2 years ago

Just listed this.

Machine - For Sale
HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) - “Really nice Ripley's. Replaced all the lights with warm whites from Comet, added spots and trough light, LED OCD. Only wear is on the cab. Very clean game, supposedly HUO, but con...”
2021-06-15
Minneapolis, MN
Archived after: 3 days
Viewed: 273 times

#16324 2 years ago
Quoted from Ryancaseystudio:

What's with all the free pinballs on CL lately? 2 days, 2 free pins??? Just not quick enough on the draw. Congrats to whoever scored them.

I assume someone is messing with their friend / enemy. I did this to my buddy once: "free 55 gallon fish tank, first come first serve, calls only!" Long story, but he apologized and I took the ad down.

1 week later
#16371 2 years ago
Quoted from Brettv:

I have seen this a couple times this year were the initial seller gets mad don't understand it as they must've been happy with the money they got. Maybe do some research or don't sell to first person that offers. I'm just mad i didn't see it listed for 2000

He lies to people about their games. Seems lame to me.

1 week later
#16396 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Basement:

The guy who sold lanners a bunch of pins is still posting complaining about him. So far he got taken for a space shuttle, Tommy, family guy, and maybe a black hole.
I tried reaching out to the guy, but he won't respond back.

That, or, it's someone watching CL and seeing Lanners flip shit and is understandably tired of it.

3 weeks later
#16550 2 years ago

Speaking of Pinball Map and locations: we got four games back on route. St. Paul's Bark and the Bite -- a small BBQ restaurant with great brisket, hush puppies, and a full bar.

Their soft open is slated for tomorrow and their hours are currently pretty limited to start. Pop in and show them that more games would be a welcome addition to their establishment!

Right now the four games are Theatre of Magic, AFM, TWD Pro and Star Trek Pro. We will rotate games in and out of there as time goes on.

All games are $.50/play. Wash your hands after grubbing out and drop some quarters! If you notice anything broken don't hesitate to PM me.

#16574 2 years ago

Anyone want a set of pinstadiums for $75? You'll need to supply your own strip of magnets for the cabinet. Not really looking to ship, more of a local deal.

These are several years old I believe, but are working.

Edit: going to make an ad so I can donate to pinside if they sell..

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/118997

Edit edit: sale pending, thanks.

1 week later
#16601 2 years ago

Here's an ad:

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
Fathom Archived
Partially restored (almost original) - “It's a nice Fathom. Good: ? New playfield ? New backglass ? New backglass chrome/trim ? New coin door skin ? Alltek boards ? LEDs. You can easily pull the blue/green lagoon light...”
2021-08-16
Minneapolis, MN
7,400 (OBO)
Archived after: 13 days
Viewed: 1531 times
Contributed to Pinside

#16607 2 years ago

I dropped to 7600 OBO after looking at the Haggis price/before this comment was made.

Feel free to let me know if you think I am way off base. I haven't seen a nice Fathom on Pinside for quite awhile and feel like 7600 is a good starting point considering the market and MSRP of the upcoming remake and the fact that this is original/Bally.

EDIT: it's now $7400 OBO: same price as a Haggis and is basically brand new outside of the cab (which is in good shape).

#16614 2 years ago

Beer brats are overrated. We all know this, but nobody talks about it. Explain.

#16628 2 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

You are 10 ply bud. Can't take a little fun?

We're actually having quite a bit of fun.

#16660 2 years ago

Don't make me repost my Fathom ad.

#16670 2 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Don't worry, you will be reposting it a number of times.

I miss Scrubs. It's too bad they never made a ninth season.

#16684 2 years ago
Quoted from WildRover:

8 year olds dude

Calmer than you are.

3 weeks later
#16762 2 years ago

I have seen a ton of crossover between cars and pinball on this forum. For example.. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread/page/330#post-6405128

#16771 2 years ago

Looking for an EM for a buddy, preferably with "lots of drops."Lmk if you have anything and your asking price. Early SS might work, too, sounds like 2500 is the limit for him.

2 months later
#17221 2 years ago

I have an itch for a White Water. If anyone has a lead please let me know.
Would trade AFM or purchase outright.

2 weeks later
#17275 2 years ago

Looking to trade my AFMr for something of similar value. LOTR / White Water spring to mind, but I am open to options!

3 weeks later
#17327 2 years ago

Still have this AFMr (CE) with Eat at Eddy's / Color DMD upgrades -- lmk if you want to trade for it before I list it on the marketplace. Open to up/down trades; if you're interested send a PM my way.

1 month later
#17517 2 years ago
Quoted from skink91:

Good luck with that… I am actively looking for one and having no luck!

Join the club

4 months later
#18037 1 year ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Remember, no one is perfect. We all have our quirks.

Nah I'm normal af. Just like all pinball people.

On a different note - what's a TWD pro worth these days?

3 months later
#18480 1 year ago

Three letters for a collection of various ages keeps it the consistent. At least, that was how I looked at it.

3 months later
#18972 1 year ago

I have a friend who has a Police Force they would like to part with. From what I understand, it boots, works, and needs a flipper rebuild. It was described as "missing part of one assembly." Without seeing it, I think a rebuild kit will solve the problem. I'll go take a look at it when I have time to make sure.

They are asking $2000.
I will post an ad, pics, and updated price when I get more info, let me know if you are interested.

#18977 1 year ago
Quoted from isJ:

I have a friend who has a Police Force they would like to part with. From what I understand, it boots, works, and needs a flipper rebuild. It was described as "missing part of one assembly." Without seeing it, I think a rebuild kit will solve the problem. I'll go take a look at it when I have time to make sure.
They are asking $2000.
I will post an ad, pics, and updated price when I get more info, let me know if you are interested.

I got pics up and an ad placed for them. They're asking $2400 I guess.
I will be going over to see the game within the week and will update the ad. If the game isn't functioning or missing major assemblies, I'll get them to lower the price accordingly. From the pics it looks to be in decent shape.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/154230

1 week later
#19020 1 year ago

Have two Polk PSW10 subs up for sale, $200 for the pair.
One is black / one is cherry/'natural wood.'

1 week later
#19076 1 year ago

Now I need pics of this fire pit.

3 weeks later
#19243 1 year ago
Quoted from skink91:

What kind crazy people drink while playing pinball?!

Isn't that .. the only .. way?

3 months later
#19809 9 months ago

Cool doc about ladies involved in old-school electronic music:

People are still rocking wires and plugs:

#19811 9 months ago

Since we're talking about creativity in music for a brief second, here's someone "stitching" two YouTube videos together.

Have a great Tuesday, all.

#19857 8 months ago
Quoted from izzymonkey:

Ugh. I wish I had room in my wee South Minneapolis 1920's basement for that Bond. That tasty topper won't fit, and I'd have to sell my one game--a Star Trek Pro--to make room!
I do sometimes envy folks who have things like walk-in basements etc.

Star Trek is better, anyway

2 months later
4 weeks later
#20181 5 months ago

Looking for a Stars if anyone happens to know of one in need of a new home.

3 weeks later
#20311 5 months ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Loved Little Tijuana and was sad when it closed. I found out it reopened with new owners but is it the same, or better even?

It's not the same. I believe it's owned by the folks that own Petite Leon and the menu has nothing to do with Mexican food.

While I do miss the pile of nachos and enchiladas from yesteryear, the new place rocks food-wise for sure.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider isj.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread?tu=isj and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.