1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png
There are 20,727 posts in this topic. You are on page 175 of 415.
#8701 7 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Yeah I know that now....I've done it twice.....

I'd say keep twd, get rid of corvette and get lotr. With that you'd have an amazingly nice 6 pin pack. Add tron and GB to make it the stern masterpiece collection

#8702 7 years ago

Temp trade my LOTR for your TWD pro?

#8703 7 years ago

Oh man thats who beat me to the corvette game. Good luck on the trade Josh.

#8704 7 years ago

WTB. Zaccaria Pool champion and Mexico 86. I know there are 2 of them floating around the WI/IL region. Need to track those down.

#8705 7 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I'd say keep twd, get rid of corvette and get lotr. With that you'd have an amazingly nice 6 pin pack. Add tron and GB to make it the stern masterpiece collection

That would be awesome. Don't forget AC/DC.

Iron Man
Metallica
TSPP
Spiderman
TWD
LOTR
Tron
AC/DC
Ghostbusters

Damn....maybe some day!

I did play some games on TWD last night and had a blast! It is a really good game. There are so many different ways to approach and play that game. I just get the bug to get a new pin every once in a while. Maybe I'll end up keeping TWD. Who knows.

Quoted from haunted1:

Oh man thats who beat me to the corvette game. Good luck on the trade Josh.

Yeah I did snag that. I happened to check CL about 10 minutes after he posted. I though the price was decent. Thanks Todd!

#8706 7 years ago

how much was the vette? great pin!

#8707 7 years ago

If you decide to sell corvette let me know. I would give you 150 over what you paid if that helps open a spot for you. Hope the new little one is doing awesome!!

#8708 7 years ago

Anyone here interested in a Bally Mystic project? $600 takes it. Sound doesn't work, and it has a locked on pop bumper coil. Playfield overall is good with some wear in the orbit and by the captive ball. Backglass is beautiful. Cabinet is solid with wear by the flipper buttons.

Edit - got to do some tech support on this

#8709 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

how much was the vette? great pin!

$2750. Needs a good shop job and some tweaks, but should be really nice when it's done. I've just got to find the time to put some hours into it.

#8710 7 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

$2750. Needs a good shop job and some tweaks, but should be really nice when it's done. I've just got to find the time to put some hours into it.

great deal! I really enjoy mine! Game has a ton of stuff jammed into it. Great shooter. In case you did not know, it was originally slated a s awidebody and then had to be condensed to a standard late in the design. You can tell once you look at it, but it still shoots like a beauty!

#8711 7 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

Anyone here interested in a Bally Mystic project? $600 takes it. Sound doesn't work, and it has a locked on pop bumper coil. Playfield overall is good with some wear in the orbit and by the captive ball. Backglass is beautiful. Cabinet is solid with wear by the flipper buttons.

Be all over it if I had room. . . . .

#8712 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

it was originally slated a s awidebody and then had to be condensed to a standard late in the design. You can tell once you look at it, but it still shoots like a beauty!

I was aware of that. I think it would be killer if it actually did come out as a wide body. I feel like it looks cramped, but yes it does shoot awesome! That game can really get going!

#8713 7 years ago

I visited Up/Down in Uptown. Not a bad place. Plenty of pinball to go around,and priced to 1 credit/game. I was in time for 2-for-1 tokens, so pinball was just dirt cheap to play. A nice change. Last night was super-crowded.

Offhand I saw:
TAF
SP(with color DMD)
Fun House
Ghostbusters
Metallica(with color DMD)

and a handful of others I can't remember. Pinball is in good supply there.

#8714 7 years ago

2016 WI SCS news
============

Just wanted to communicate to everyone that I am stepping down as director of the 2016 IFPA WI SCS tournament to be held February 2017. Paul Okruhlica of the Twisted Flippers league will be taking point on getting it organized for next February.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

#8715 7 years ago
Quoted from jpolfer:

2016 WI SCS news
============
Just wanted to communicate to everyone that I am stepping down as director of the 2016 IFPA WI SCS tournament to be held February 2017. Paul Okruhlica of the Twisted Flippers league will be taking point on getting it organized for next February.

Please make sure he contacts tom and i as we have other things in the works since we had not heard from anyone.

#8716 7 years ago

Tom contacted me to ask if we were doing it next year. Was working on it.

#8717 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Yes, curent thoughts are that it will be at Neos or someone else that may be interested if Neo can't. The hope is for Neos as he provides a great and diverse collection. Thanks in advance Neo!

We preferred to not announce till things were actually solidified. I am not quite sure of the reasoning for making such a post rather than contacting Tom and I since we are the ones that have been keeping stuff moving forward and growing for the SCS for the past 2 years and are the current WI TDs for SCS.

Tom and I will reach out to Paul after the Holiday week when we get home from vacation to coordinate on MKE region TD.

#8718 7 years ago
Quoted from jpolfer:

2016 WI SCS news
============

Quoted from Whysnow:

Please make sure he contacts tom and i as we have other things in the works since we had not heard from anyone.

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Quoted from Whysnow:

Yes, curent thoughts are that it will be at Neos or someone else that may be interested if Neo can't. The hope is for Neos as he provides a great and diverse collection. Thanks in advance Neo!
We preferred to not announce till things were actually solidified. I am not quite sure of the reasoning for making such a post rather than contacting Tom and I since we are the ones that have been keeping stuff moving forward and growing for the SCS for the past 2 years and are the current WI TDs for SCS.
Tom and I will reach out to Paul after the Holiday week when we get home from vacation to coordinate on MKE region TD.

Hi Guys,

I'll try to keep this short so I can get back to the Fourth.

At the 2016 WI SCS, Hilton made an announcement and asked if one of the Milwaukee guys would take on the director position for 2017's event. He asked someone to contact Himself or me if they were interested.

A few months passed by and we hadn't heard anything.

I contacted Hilton and told him I was going to contact Neo to see if he was interested in being the director this year.
Reasons I asked Neo:
1. He runs the Milwaukee League
2. He ran one of the tournaments at MGC
3. He has been in pinball a longtime and knows what he is doing
4. He knows a lot of the Milwaukee collectors.

When I talked to Neo I asked if he would be director and he said he would take it on.
We also talked about where to host the event. I said I was fine with him hosting if he wanted too. He had also mentioned Chris S in Lake Geneva and Jim R (I think) for possible sites. I left it in the hands of Neo because I figured he would get it done. I just didn't want things to wait until the last minute.

I think Paul would be a great director as well.
I have no issues with anybody running the tournament.

What I wanted to avoid was:
1. No one running the event and being stuck with trying to find a location
2. Picking a location NOT suited for the event (location with only 3 games, non working games, etc

I'm extremely happy that someone is stepping up to the plate to get it done.

If anyone wants to contact me about this please feel free to send me a pm.
Again, I just wanted to get the ball rolling and not necessarily isolate anyone.
Tom.

#8719 7 years ago

Thanks for posting TOM. i agree with all of the above. i also spoke with Paul already and he is happy to assist with TD for this year. wE will leave it to Neo and Paul to work together to coordinate the location and which of them is the official TD. Tom and I will of course assist and please keep us informed. wE all invest alot of time and energy into building the sport in the state and want to keep it growing and moving forward in a team effort. VERY happy to hear we now have 2 guys on board to make it even better thisnyear!!!

#8720 7 years ago

My plan was Chris or Jim because of their setup. Much better suited for larger groups. As both have similar setups to Toms. Nice open spaces. Nice running dependable games and setup correctly. But I wanted to talk with some of our regions hosts and get a collective thought process before I make any decisions.

#8721 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Thanks for posting TOM. i agree with all of the above. i also spoke with Paul already and he is happy to assist with TD for this year. wE will leave it to Neo and Paul to work together to coordinate the location and which of them is the official TD. Tom and I will of course assist and please keep us informed. wE all invest alot of time and energy into building the sport in the state and want to keep it growing and moving forward in a team effort. VERY happy to hear we now have 2 guys on board to make it even better thisnyear!!!

Quoted from CaptainNeo:

My plan was Chris or Jim because of their setup. Much better suited for larger groups. As both have similar setups to Toms. Nice open spaces. Nice running dependable games and setup correctly. But I wanted to talk with some of our regions hosts and get a collective thought process before I make any decisions.

Awesome

#8722 7 years ago

Put my LOTR up on CL.
Any one interested can find the ad here. minneapolis.craigslist.org link

#8723 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I doubt mine are set up correctly considering they all have LED's in them......... BOOOOOOM !!!!!!

#8724 7 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

Put my LOTR up on CL.
Any one interested can find the ad here. minneapolis.craigslist.org link

Dang. Wish I would have known you were over there. Spent a couple of days in Hudson with my Grandmother. I totally would have invited myself over to play your machines.

#8725 7 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

I doubt mine are set up correctly considering they all have LED's in them......... BOOOOOOM !!!!!!

nothing wrong with white LED's in the Gi's

#8726 7 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Dang. Wish I would have known you were over there. Spent a couple of days in Hudson with my Grandmother. I totally would have invited myself over to play your machines.

That would have been cool. My machines get less then 100 plays each per year. I am finding it hard to keep a collection that never gets played and I play more on location then I do at home.

#8727 7 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Would be awesome if you were willing to host SCS chris! And i like your LEDS and your charming good looks

#8728 7 years ago

Crazy weather out there right now. Keep alert and stay safe.
LTG : )

#8729 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Crazy weather out there right now. Keep alert and stay safe.

Tell me about it, my power was out for 26 hours. The last picture is the house across the street from me. Just missed the house. At times I couldn't see the houses across the street, like in the second picture.

IMGA0603[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0603[1]_(resized).JPG
IMGA0606[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0606[1]_(resized).JPG
IMGA0607[1]_(resized).JPGIMGA0607[1]_(resized).JPG

#8730 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

The last picture is the house across the street from me.

Glad you are safe.

#8731 7 years ago

holy crap. We didn't get anything like that down here.

#8733 7 years ago

After the storm was over...

20160705_205149_(resized).jpg20160705_205149_(resized).jpg

#8734 7 years ago
Quoted from Millz:

After the storm was over...

...they put a giant Dome over the city for future storm damage prevention! Dome, Sweet Dome.

On a serious note, great picture.

#8735 7 years ago

Man, I thought we were gonna get hit hard...but all we had was dark skies, not even rain. Glad you are okay!

#8736 7 years ago

Storm is coming our way but sounds like it maybe not be quite as intense.

#8737 7 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Storm is coming our way but sounds like it maybe not be quite as intense.

i see/hear we are supposed to get something...good thing I mowed the lawn the other day :/

#8738 7 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

holy crap. We didn't get anything like that down here.

Didn't seem like we got anything like that just a few miles south - down on West 7th. Storms are weird.

#8739 7 years ago

We got hit hard in Burnsville. ALL my big mature trees were sideways at one point. Didn't even get all the branches cleaned up yesterday. It was nasty, but, we needed the rain BADLY..

#8740 7 years ago

So been a year or two since I unloaded my last pinball due to space. Now that I am in my new house, have plenty of space for a new machine. Looking for local opinions on GoT. How deep is the game play? Pro or le? Love the theme and wasn't aware they came out with it(have been out of the scene).

#8741 7 years ago
Quoted from precisionk:

So been a year or two since I unloaded my last pinball due to space. Now that I am in my new house, have plenty of space for a new machine. Looking for local opinions on GoT. How deep is the game play? Pro or le? Love the theme and wasn't aware they came out with it(have been out of the scene).

GOT is pretty deep. It's not LOTR deep but it is a fun and challenging.
As far as pro vs prem/LE just depends on your tastes and wallet.
The models IMHO are hugely different. Some people don't like the mini playfield on the LE and some can't live without it.
I have a GOTLE and honestly could live with a pro but I do like the Mini playfield and the multicolored LEDs. The use of the LEDs are very well done (blinding too ). The extra ball effect is one of the best in pinball IMHO. Get an extra ball and it looks like the playfield is on fire.

My recommendation is to try and play each before you decide if you an get to a location that has one.

#8742 7 years ago

Just raining and thunder here. Not windy, at least yet.

#8743 7 years ago
Quoted from precisionk:

There's a premium on location at Blainbrook. Pro models at East Side and Mortimer's.
Considering the difference in price, I would definitely suggest playing both before buying. Count me for team pro.

#8744 7 years ago

Just listed 3 games for sale in the market:
Zaccaria - Devil Riders
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/36584

Cirqus Voltaire
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/36585

Haunted House
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/36575

All 3 are Sold!

#8745 7 years ago

Wish I could swing that Voltaire, I'm guessing it won't last long. Nice looking game!

#8746 7 years ago

Yeah for Game of thrones you gotta play them both to decide. I like the premium at Blainebrook and hated the pro when I played that one.but I also don't know the rules at all and that never helps.
The light show and the upper playfield is what I liked on the prem.

#8747 7 years ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

There's a premium on location at Blainbrook. Pro models at East Side and Mortimer's.
Considering the difference in price, I would definitely suggest playing both before buying. Count me for team pro.

I'm in the GOT Pro camp too. Premium/LE just don't play as smooth and the specific ruleset for the LE features is pretty uninspiring as it sits right now. That's not to say it couldn't get better. Back in the day I thought that TWDLE was a complete turd compared to the Pro and they have made that game so much better with rules and physical fixes.

#8748 7 years ago

Sorry to intrude, but a neighbor from down south has a quasi-weather related question:
Any Door County area site lurkers able to lend any insight as to whether Egg Harbor Fun Park still has any pins? Last update is from 2 years ago and shows a "Flintstones" as the sole offering. (1 is better than none, don't get me wrong)
Heading north in 7 days and wouldn't mind having some back up plans if the weather doesn't cooperate for fishing and biking.

#8749 7 years ago

Not much for pins in door county other than at my house. Last time I went to the egg harbor fun park was probably 2 years ago also and played the same flintstones everything else there was primarily redemption and driving games. There has normally always been 1 pin there any given summer over the years. Any other pins are at the occasional bar or resort game room. Johnsons park in sister bay has an arcade but I haven't seen a pin there in long time.

#8750 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

The hope is for Neos as he provides a great and diverse collection. Thanks in advance Neo!

Neo's collection is awesome.

There are 20,727 posts in this topic. You are on page 175 of 415.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread/page/175 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.