1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png
There are 20,723 posts in this topic. You are on page 324 of 415.
#16151 2 years ago
Quoted from feelin_crumby:

What are some favorite spots for location play in WI, MN, IL? We have some decent options in Madison, but I'm itching to do some exploring post-pandemic. Went to District 82 (De Pere, WI) a few weeks ago, which was pretty fantastic. I'm a little too new to this obsession to know people with crazy pinball pirate basements.

I haven't played on location in a long while, but around here, Blainbrook Bowl in Blaine, Tilt in Minneapolis, and SS Billiards in Hopkins are good spots to play.

#16152 2 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

I haven't played on location in a long while, but around here, Blainbrook Bowl in Blaine, Tilt in Minneapolis, and SS Billiards in Hopkins are good spots to play.

Nice! Twin Cities area is definitely on the list. Might even be my first stop. Lived there for 7-8 years and miss it every day.

#16153 2 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

I’d say those three are the big three in town. Caffetto Café is another good one. Pins in the basement. Maybe 10 or so. Not sure if it’s up and running tho. Haven’t checked in since COVID. I used to get coffee and play pins before work pre-COVID. I would be the only one playing. Would just turn on the pins I wanted to play.

#16154 2 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I’d say those three are the big three in town. Caffetto Café is another good one. Pins in the basement. Maybe 10 or so. Not sure if it’s up and running tho. Haven’t checked in since COVID. I used to get coffee and play pins before work pre-COVID. I would be the only one playing. Would just turn on the pins I wanted to play.

BFG will have to chime in, last time I was there they had a Fun House and Dark Knight set-up upstairs, and the basement was closed off.

It was one of my favorite spots pre-pandemic just because it was chill and close to me.

#16155 2 years ago

What are some favorite spots for location play in WI, MN, IL? We have some decent options in Madison, but I'm itching to do some exploring post-pandemic. Went to District 82 (De Pere, WI) a few weeks ago, which was pretty fantastic. I'm a little too new to this obsession to know people with crazy pinball pirate basements.

Location play?
My son likes TILT in Mpls
while I am partial to, at least for the time being, St Paul Tap.
Enjoy

#16156 2 years ago

What are some favorite spots for location play in WI, MN

I like SS Billiards in Hopkins, MN

LTG : )

#16157 2 years ago

Anyone have a Star Wars Premium/LE they are looking to part with?

#16158 2 years ago

I'm in Elm Grove, I did my Williams IJ by myself, and it looks great. Did you still need help?

Quoted from Dan1733:

Happy Sunday, I hope all are well.
Can anyone provide a recommendation for someone in or around Chicago/Milwaukee who could be hired to replace the decals on a newer Stern? Or be hired to oversee the process?
I've watched all the videos. After watching the videos it seems doable. Which tells me help is needed. Thank you.
Dan

#16159 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I like SS Billiards in Hopkins, MN

As far as I know that’s the only place in twin cities with technical support for games on site. Well, probably some support for games off site too

Plus the change machine there is reliable most of the time.

#16160 2 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

Plus the change machine there is reliable most of the time.

It tells good jokes too.

One of them was actually funny.

#16161 2 years ago

Something to keep in mind too as covid is wrapping up…or seems to start to….the bars are probably going to be packed so playing games might not be the easiest. I’m still laying low and only traveling to public places as needed. I’ve probably driven past St. Paul tap 20 times this month and can’t get motivated to go in.

Last time I played a pinball on location was up/down right when it opened as a friend of mine wanted to go there for his birthday. Wall to wall people and a lady just thought she could have a turn in the middle of my TAF game. She assumed she could flash me a smile and get a turn. I had two balls locked she thought wrong! I would suggest not going on a Saturday night either. Parking can be a bit tricky that part of town too.

#16162 2 years ago

The only place I have played pinball on location in a year is SS but I just go to see the dog

#16163 2 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

I had two balls locked she thought wrong!.

I hope you told her as much.

I don't have any machines at home, so I eventually started going to a local arcade Sunday mornings. I'm typically the only one there for a while. Added that to my short list of stops the last few months. Work, groceries, liquor, pinball...

The barcade in town moved to a new location and is reopening this week. I'm excited to see the new space, but definitely not ready for crowded anything quite yet.

#16164 2 years ago

Looking for an Alice Cooper’s Nightmare Castle somewhat locally. have cash ready and/or a HUO Ghostbusters Pro to trade. Please let me know if anybody has or knows of one available...thanks!!!
-Mike

#16165 2 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

Something to keep in mind too as covid is wrapping up…or seems to start to….the bars are probably going to be packed so playing games might not be the easiest. I’m still laying low and only traveling to public places as needed. I’ve probably driven past St. Paul tap 20 times this month and can’t get motivated to go in.
Last time I played a pinball on location was up/down right when it opened as a friend of mine wanted to go there for his birthday. Wall to wall people and a lady just thought she could have a turn in the middle of my TAF game. She assumed she could flash me a smile and get a turn. I had two balls locked she thought wrong! I would suggest not going on a Saturday night either. Parking can be a bit tricky that part of town too.

What a great story that could have been if you had let her play.

#16166 2 years ago

Headed up from KC today of games. We’d to be moved up.

#16167 2 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

Headed up from KC today of games. We’d to be moved up.

This post reminded me of this - I assume you're on your phone

#16168 2 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

The only place I have played pinball on location in a year is SS but I just go to see the dog

Thank you. She loves her fans.

#16170 2 years ago

Dammit. If only that were a premium Star Wars!

#16171 2 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

The basement is open, but when I was there it needed some attention. I don't know who maintains it, but the first three I tried (Spider Man, Mata Hari, and Twilight Zone) all had various issues preventing a game from starting, I had to go up multiple times to get a refund. Played a couple rounds of Terminator 2, and left hoping I just got unlucky. Used to be a favorite place to go before league night at Tilt when I wanted to play something different.

#16172 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Dammit. If only that were a premium Star Wars!

I have nib movie art coming in july if you wish to get on that list.

Quoted from mikehoss1414:

Looking for an Alice Cooper’s Nightmare Castle somewhat locally. have cash ready and/or a HUO Ghostbusters Pro to trade. Please let me know if anybody has or knows of one available...thanks!!!
-Mike

I have one coming in june/july. Shoot me an email or pm.

[email protected]

#16173 2 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

I wouldn't worry about crowds at the pins at St. Paul Tap. I help out maintaining games there and I can't remember the last time I saw more than 1 or 2 people back in the pin area at the same time. I almost always have the run of the place, it usually feels like I am in my basement.

#16174 2 years ago

Does anyone have Gaurdians of the Galaxy pro they want to sell?

#16175 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadpool66:

new ones on order, probably 4q 2021. let me know if you would like to secure one.

#16176 2 years ago

We have a few games on location in stevens point at District 1 brewery. Catch rustylizard or me down there and we will buy you a game or 2

#16177 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadpool66:

Pinball Life has one.

#16178 2 years ago

Trip mpls to Cleveland maybe add St. Louis and kc Des Moines Thursday through Sunday. Pm with needs. Details here.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/brobras-pinball-talk-thread/page/24#post-6286719

#16179 2 years ago
Quoted from Tallon:

We have a few games on location in stevens point at District 1 brewery. Catch rustylizard or me down there and we will buy you a game or 2

Hey, I appreciate that. I can always spare some time if booze and pinball are present. Wouldn't mind heading up that way this summer

#16180 2 years ago

Coming. I’ll get listed when I can. Pm for details.
TZ color
Mint Junk yard
ToM color
No fear

All nice, the exception is some right fade on the no fear. I have some basic pics in another thread.

Also have
Munsters pro
Whirlwind
Golden cue

#16181 2 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

This post reminded me of this - I assume you're on your phone

Lol bro. Yes I’m pegnant,..and love aminals...
Hope those levelers worked out.

#16182 2 years ago

If you're driving to the Twin Cities, stop in downtown Hudson, WI at the Hudson Tap. Nice little setup, and when I was there in the afternoon pre-pandemic, it wasn't crowded at all. (and then walk over to Knocke's for some awesome chocolate! https://www.facebook.com/KnokesNutsAndMore/ )

#16183 2 years ago

<deleted - double post>

#16184 2 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

If you're driving to the Twin Cities, stop in downtown Hudson, WI at the Hudson Tap. Nice little setup, and when I was there in the afternoon pre-pandemic, it wasn't crowded at all. (and then walk over to Knocke's for some awesome chocolate! https://www.facebook.com/KnokesNutsAndMore/ )

Machines are usually playing in great shape and rarely super busy. Before/after you head to Knoke's stop at Hop and Barrel for some really good beer.

#16185 2 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Pinball Life has one.

wish I would have known that before I drove all the way to IN for a friend. :/

#16186 2 years ago

Anyone locally have an Oktoberfest?

#16187 2 years ago

Summer League At the Hudson Tap starts next Tuesday at 8:00pm. Playing at 8:30. Message me if you want to sign up. Free to play league, just need coin drop. 1st drink free every league night and there is a Free tourney with prizes after about 10 weeks for league players.

#16188 2 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Anyone locally have an Oktoberfest?

Just picked up my second, awesome game! Next to Dialed In on my short list of keepers.

#16189 2 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

Just picked up my second, awesome game! Next to Dialed In on my short list of keepers.

Been watching more and more streams of it lately and it looks fantastic.

#16190 2 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

If you ever find yourself in the south suburbs, stop on by anytime.

#16191 2 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

Quoted from Seven9er:

Machines are usually playing in great shape and rarely super busy. Before/after you head to Knoke's stop at Hop and Barrel for some really good beer.

Sounds like I’ve got a day in Hudson all planned for me! Cheers, folks

#16192 2 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Its a fun game!

#16193 2 years ago

brobra

Hurry... here's someone getting out of the game! Maybe if you buy them all he'll knock off 20%!

$7k for DE GnR
$17.5k for ACDC LE
$5.5k for Corvette

Bet you could get them all for $25k

minneapolis.craigslist.org link

#16194 2 years ago
Quoted from Kwoody51:

brobra
Hurry... here's someone getting out of the game! Maybe if you buy them all he'll knock off 20%!
$7k for DE GnR
$17.5k for ACDC LE
$5.5k for Corvette
Bet you could get them all for $25k
minneapolis.craigslist.org link

18k firm and that’s an open offer.

#16195 2 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

Quoted from brobra:

That's actually a pretty solid offer on those three but I think the point of the post was you were supposed to join in on making fun of someone who didn't have them priced at price police standards.

#16196 2 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

That's actually a pretty solid offer on those three but I think the point of the post was you were supposed to join in on making fun of someone who didn't have them priced at price police standards.

I can’t bring myself to do that. I know how it feels on the other side, so I try not to engage that way. Plus, I just zinged a guy for ragging one me, lol. A game’s value is what someone is willing to pay. I’ve always found that you can go down, but rarely up, on pricing

#16197 2 years ago

Anyone know any where I could find a Star Wars Premium or LE on route in the Twin Cities area? I think I'm going to order one NIB and just want to throw a few plays on it first.

Or even better...just sell me your premium or LE!

#16198 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Anyone know any where I could find a Star Wars Premium or LE on route in the Twin Cities area? I think I'm going to order one NIB and just want to throw a few plays on it first.
Or even better...just sell me your premium or LE!

Pinball map says there's an LE at Sisyphus.
https://pinballmap.com/map?utf8=%E2%9C%93&by_location_id=8315&by_location_name=Sisyphus+Brewing

I assume this is a D&G route location?

#16199 2 years ago

Nice. I might have to swing over there. Can anyone confirm if this is accurate?

#16200 2 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Nice. I might have to swing over there. Can anyone confirm if this is accurate?

There is a Star Wars as of Wednesday. Not sure if it's LE. Also TMNT, AFM I think.

There are 20,723 posts in this topic. You are on page 324 of 415.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread/page/324 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.