1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png

There are 20,668 posts in this topic. You are on page 346 of 414.
#17251 2 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

LTG - you ever host any leagues at your joint?

No.

Todd Andersen did years ago. Todd kept a close eye on being a positive to my overall business and not a detriment.

I had the events. Pinball Circus, May Day Tournament, Day after Thanksgiving tournament, New year's Day tournament, once a month get together, Pinball Picnics.

All gone now, except the Pinball Circus, which is on hiatus for the time being.

With so many places doing leagues and tournaments, it's hard getting anyone to show up and they usually die a slow death.

LTG : )

#17252 2 years ago

Not mine, just thought it was pretty neat and wanted to share.

madison.craigslist.org link

1973 Playmatic Magic
De Forest, WI
$1750

#17253 2 years ago

For those bumming around Madison Christmas Eve, the Blue Moon Bar will be open from 11-8PM with the six pinball machines on free play!

Sounds like we may have a Santa Appearance as well!

The whole crew is working so feel free to pop in and say hey. Cheers!

#17254 2 years ago

Looking for a TAXI if anyone has one they'd like to move. I need one so I can sell my EBD to @Isjack

#17255 2 years ago

WTB: Beatles, Houdini, TWD LE (maybe prem), Deadpool (pro or prem), Star Trek prem or LE, Spider-Man red (maybe black or vault). Only looking for very nice examples (low play HUO preferred).

#17256 2 years ago

Are there any places to play in Duluth since Taco Arcadia went down? Gonna have some downtime in D-town over the holidays.

#17257 2 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Are there any places to play in Duluth since Taco Arcadia went down? Gonna have some downtime in D-town over the holidays.

The Rex in the basement of the fitgers complex
Average Joe's bar in Superior just over the bridge
The Reef has 1 game (junkyard maybe?)
The Chalet in Hermantown may have a couple
There are some random dive bars in West Duluth with 1 game but I have only heard, never visited.

#17258 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

The Rex in the basement of the fitgers complex
Average Joe's bar in Superior just over the bridge
The Reef has 1 game (junkyard maybe?)
The Chalet in Hermantown may have a couple
There are some random dive bars in West Duluth with 1 game but I have only heard, never visited.

I'll be staying just on the Duluth side of the bridge by Average Joe's and don't mind going down to Fitgers so I might take a look at the Rex as well. Thanks a bunch.

#17259 2 years ago

Have one spot left to fill in the game room. Looking for one the following games in WI. Don't care about perfect cabinets and all the pretty stuff just prefer it be pre 2021 pricing. Unshopped and dirty a plus!

X-men Pro
Ripley's
X-Files
Batman Forever
Baywatch
Rocky and Bullwinkle
Dr. Dude
Diner
Torpedo Alley

#17260 2 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

I'll be staying just on the Duluth side of the bridge by Average Joe's and don't mind going down to Fitgers so I might take a look at the Rex as well. Thanks a bunch.

I'm gonna swing by the Rex tomorrow and try to fix Batman dark knight. Otherwise JP and munsters work... I may have updates for them.....but I bet it was just the insider connected.

#17261 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I'm gonna swing by the Rex tomorrow and try to fix Batman dark knight. Otherwise JP and munsters work... I may have updates for them.....but I bet it was just the insider connected.

Now I'm motivated to play BDK. I have never even seen that game. I've owned munsters pro so if the one there doesn't have the lower playfield, I'll prolly pass. JP will be fun to try, but I'm not too impressed with the videos I've seen. I'll probably drop 10-20 bux in those games if they're working.

#17262 2 years ago

My Ultraman CE showed up today. I'm out of room and have to move a machine. My Wonka LE is up for grabs if anyone is interested. I'm the original owner. Super low plays. Less than 500 for sure. Comes with mirror blades installed and the JJP topper. No issues whatsoever. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

If someone wants the Ultraman CE, I would let that go too. Shoot me a PM before I unbox this bad boy tonight.

#17263 2 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

Now I'm motivated to play BDK. I have never even seen that game. I've owned munsters pro so if the one there doesn't have the lower playfield, I'll prolly pass. JP will be fun to try, but I'm not too impressed with the videos I've seen. I'll probably drop 10-20 bux in those games if they're working.

ugh sorry. Couldn't find time to get to the Rex to fix BDK today. I don't know what exactly broke. I thought it was still playable.....

The munsters update is BIG. looks like there is a new mini mode "couch potato" you can start with holding both flippers before pressing start, similar to escape nublar on JP.

#17264 2 years ago

Merry Christmas everyone! Have a safe holiday weekend!

#17265 2 years ago

Merry xmas all!

#17266 2 years ago

Merry Christmas !

#17268 2 years ago

Hope everyone had a great Christmas!

Still looking for a TWD prem/LE or a Houdini. Cash in hand and can pick up today!

#17269 2 years ago

Merry Christmas be a Santa still looking for a Metallica

#17270 2 years ago

Going to be listing a DE Jurassic Park within the week and I just wanted to put out there to get some feelers. Looking to trade for BSD or Dr. Who. Not interested in cash unless another sale is lined up. Willing to travel or meet if necessary. PM if interested. Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!

#17271 2 years ago

See if there are any interest in maybe trading my AIQ Pro for either a JJP Guns N Roses (Standard Edition or maybe Limited Edition) or a Godzilla Pro or Premium. Cash added on my side depending on game. Looking for something a couple of hours from 53402.

#17272 2 years ago

My friend is looking for a sub $3k solid state or dmd game. Open to many different ones! let me know what you have.

#17273 2 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

My friend is looking for a sub $3k solid state or dmd game. Open to many different ones! let me know what you have.

Tell Stinebrink to stop buying games and build his house already, geez...

#17274 2 years ago
Quoted from animesuperj:

Tell Stinebrink to stop buying games and build his house already, geez...

hahah, this is for a friend local to Duluth.

#17275 2 years ago

Looking to trade my AFMr for something of similar value. LOTR / White Water spring to mind, but I am open to options!

#17276 2 years ago

Still looking for a gently used TWD premium (LE is probably out of my price range these days) or a Houdini.

#17277 2 years ago

I’ve got my Ultraman up for sale. Open to offers and trades.

Machine - For Trade
As new - New out of box (first owner) - “21 plays. Looking to sell or trade. Check out my wishlist. I’m also open to games not on the list. I paid $9400 shipped. Willing to ship or deliver within a reasonable distanc...”
2021-12-29
Sioux Falls, SD
Trade
Archived after: 4 days
Viewed: 214 times

#17278 2 years ago

Monte Carlo for sale. Thanks and Happy New Year!

Machine - For Sale
Used - shows wear but 100% working and clean - “Up for sale is my Gottlieb Premier Monte Carlo. I put some work into it and everything plays great. - Ground updates - Various bulb socket and transistor replacements - New plast...”
2021-12-29
Gibbsville, WI
Archived after: 4 days
Viewed: 344 times

#17279 2 years ago

Stopped at Title Town Brewery in Green Bay. Nice line up.
At T&C Pub Grill in De Pere now. Godzilla Pro, LZ Pro, Legends of Valhalla, and GNR.

I recommend both places if you are in the area.

#17280 2 years ago

If a deal happens before I list, I still will list and pay fees to pinside.

Going to be listing DPLE, STLE and a EHOHLE for trade. DP has topper and some mods. STLE and topper and UV kit and EHOHLE is stock. I have lots of games on my wishlist but open to others.

Happy New Year all.

Bill

#17281 2 years ago

Zilla LE and EHOH 40th NIB for sale or trade. Will contribute to PS if I make a deal. Looking for a Metallica

#17282 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Still looking for a gently used TWD premium (LE is probably out of my price range these days) or a Houdini.

thought you already had TWD?

#17283 2 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

thought you already had TWD?

I did. Then I didn’t. Then I did again. Now I don’t again. It’s a sickness.

So who wants to start the New Year with a fist full of cash instead of their TWD?

#17284 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I get it. I had a TWD and sold it and totally regret it. It’s a great pin!

#17285 2 years ago

I feel that way about waterworld…..may have to find it for my third time….

#17286 2 years ago

Anyone have a Spider-Man or stranger things they would part with?

#17287 2 years ago

Happy ice bubble day everyone!

The joy on kids faces as they catch frozen blown bubbles while your fingers and nose freeze off is both one my favorite things and also one of those things I am grateful I only have to do a few times a year.

#17288 2 years ago

Selling a project Star pool. I have started this project but I’m looking to move this along and reduce the amount of work I currently have.

Machine - For Sale
Star Pool Archived
Functional - needs minor work - “1974 Williams Star Pool. Project game, no back glass or back box rear cover. Playfield is ok with some planking and paint loss. Cabinet is good, although it has some scratches the ...”
2022-01-02
Elkhorn, WI
275 (OBO)
Archived after: 3 days
Viewed: 326 times
Contributed to Pinside

#17289 2 years ago

I have a NIB on pallet BM66 premium with stern connected built in I'd sell locally for a discount

Machine - For Sale
NIB - New in box (personal) - “I have for sale a NIB still strapped to pallet Batman 66 Premium from the December run. It has the connected kit built in. Asking $10750 Trades only for Elvira Premium or Godzi...”
2021-12-31
Minnetrista, MN
Archived after: 7 days
Viewed: 743 times
Contributed to Pinside

#17290 2 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

So who wants to start the New Year with a fist full of cash instead of their TWD?

I have bought and sold the same tricked out TWD pro twice now. I love it. Then I get my fill, sell, then want it back again. Its a cycle for sure.

#17291 2 years ago

I have a red DMD I have no use for if anyone is interested. Was taken out of an XMen LE and swapped for a Color DMD. Would prefer to sell to someone local before creating an add. Thinking $75 (OBO). Feel free to PM.

#17292 2 years ago
Quoted from alex_m:

I have a red DMD I have no use for if anyone is interested. Was taken out of an XMen LE and swapped for a Color DMD. Would prefer to sell to someone local before creating an add. Thinking $75 (OBO). Feel free to PM.

Ya, that’s a good price. I think I kept one orange and one red on hand but went color dmd with all the games.

#17293 2 years ago

I have 2 used sheets of standard PF glass if anyone is in need of a backup or just flat out needs one. There far from perfect, but I used both of them for almost 2 years. Both have scratches, but are usable. Free to anyone who wants them, just need to pick them up. I live and work in Burnsville

#17294 2 years ago
Quoted from alex_m:

Sold to a fellow pinsider. Thanks

#17295 2 years ago

Regional Pinheads: How Are You Weathering the Pinball Market?

Just wondering what those of you here who haven't got bottomless pockets are doing that is helping you keep your spirits up.

It seems more and more I am complaining to my various friends about being priced out of the hobby. I used to be excited because there were always real possibilities around every corner. Now HUO games are bringing 20-40% more than they did just two years ago and NIB pins are backordered for months/years. I s'pose you're fine if you have a collection and you want to rotate one out. You sell your pin for a fortune and then spend that fortune to get another. Easy. But if you have a habit of taking a bath on the pins you sell (as I have), how can you possibly buy another pin with the proceeds?

To tide me over, I bought a "project" pin - my first. It's a WMS System-7 from '81. Yeah, it's OLD. I had it shipped here. It was misrepresented a bit, but when you describe a sale pin as a "project," you sort of indemnify yourself to the buyer. As in, well, what did you expect?! It's a project! So yeah, I have a lot of work in front of me before I can even plug it in. (Sent the boards off for rehab'ing today; six weeks turnaround.) I recently shopped a TZ and that was a serious grind. I said I wouldn't do it again, so I bought a Spooky pin afterward. That game disappointed in various ways, too, and I find myself yearning for a Stern again. But can I buy a NIB? Yes and no. Yes if I want to spend $7K for a PRO and get on a list and wait six months, but who wants to do that? I root around for new distributors and ask them for inventory lists, hoping to find a fresh source of worthwhile games. Right now I'm finding Beatles, STh, Beatles, Mando, Beatles, LZ, and Turtles. I will keep looking! And I will keep resurrecting this '81 System-7!

#17296 2 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Pretty good actually. Just finished a big potato pancake and got a box earlier I need to haul to storage in the morning.

#17297 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Pretty good actually. Just finished a big potato pancake and got a box earlier I need to haul to storage in the morning.

I miss Grandma's potato pancakes.

#17298 2 years ago

Anyone local want to take a stab?

#17299 2 years ago
Quoted from Jason_Jehosaphat:

Just wondering what those of you here who haven't got bottomless pockets are doing that is helping you keep your spirits up.
It seems more and more I am complaining to my various friends about being priced out of the hobby. I used to be excited because there were always real possibilities around every corner. Now HUO games are bringing 20-40% more than they did just two years ago and NIB pins are backordered for months/years. I s'pose you're fine if you have a collection and you want to rotate one out. You sell your pin for a fortune and then spend that fortune to get another. Easy. But if you have a habit of taking a bath on the pins you sell (as I have), how can you possibly buy another pin with the proceeds?
To tide me over, I bought a "project" pin - my first. It's a WMS System-7 from '81. Yeah, it's OLD. I had it shipped here. It was misrepresented a bit, but when you describe a sale pin as a "project," you sort of indemnify yourself to the buyer. As in, well, what did you expect?! It's a project! So yeah, I have a lot of work in front of me before I can even plug it in. (Sent the boards off for rehab'ing today; six weeks turnaround.) I recently shopped a TZ and that was a serious grind. I said I wouldn't do it again, so I bought a Spooky pin afterward. That game disappointed in various ways, too, and I find myself yearning for a Stern again. But can I buy a NIB? Yes and no. Yes if I want to spend $7K for a PRO and get on a list and wait six months, but who wants to do that? I root around for new distributors and ask them for inventory lists, hoping to find a fresh source of worthwhile games. Right now I'm finding Beatles, STh, Beatles, Mando, Beatles, LZ, and Turtles. I will keep looking! And I will keep resurrecting this '81 System-7!

There is no miss representing a “project pin”. Due diligence would have told you to ask more questions or have someone who knows that machine take a look if you were unsure. We all spend too much time and money on this hobby. The trick is to understand that a 40 year old machine might just be a good “players” game and getting it up and running on the cheap might be what that game needs.

Since I do my own board work and find the old bally and Williams system 3-7 board set to be pretty easy to work on, I have no problem getting them up and running. Usually in just a day or two. You might want to take some time and read the bullet proofing threads on pinside and the pinwiki on board repair if you gonna keep spending money on “projects”.

There is no shortage of projects, just grab them when they come along. Hunting for something now with the prices as high as they are Is not a good idea. In times like this either be happy with your collection and play more then you fix or work on the backlog of stuff you have sitting.

On a side note. What’s a good price on a good working cyclone with full board rebuild, LED’s, new rubber, and display reworked. Has some paint missing in the upper arch has the typical system 11 yellowing. Plays pretty good but definitely a players game.

#17300 2 years ago

With new sterns you are not taking a bath or you are doing something very very wrong, especially if you subscribe to pinside sentiment driving games. Zeppelin is the only one recently that has lost value and turtles I would call relatively flat. Both those games are now rebounding though.

If you want to guarantee break even or better you need to be willing to hold long term.

My sentiment is to buy them, enjoy the heck out of them, and don’t fret losing 10% on occasion. If you play and enjoy them the cost per game is actually super low if you end up losing money.

There are 20,668 posts in this topic. You are on page 346 of 414.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread/page/346 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.