1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png

There are 20,655 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 414.
#1 11 years ago

Here are my thoughts on this:

Pinside has grown a lot lately and some of the trivial stuff we used to post doesn't feel quite right having it's own thread. The guys from TN have a thread that seems to have taken on a life of it's own so maybe this one will. Not excluding anyone but it seems there are a lot of connections between WI and MN pinball people and many of us know each other.

Possible topics for this thread:

New additions to your collection
Local trades or deals
Local gatherings or pinball parties
Connections for delivery of machines
Why the Vikings will never win a Superbowl
And so on....

If you like this and are from WI or MN then post here. If you don't like it, the thread will die and sink to the bottom in a hurry.

Post edited by RustyLizard : sp

#2 11 years ago

Great idea......WI & MN represent.

#3 11 years ago

Right on. If anyone wants an update on my life, WPT is headed to Jonogo's today and Avatar is headed out early next week. I hope to use the funds toward a LOTR or Iron Man (preference to LOTR). So, if any of you guys get any leads ...

I'm going to be down to ONE pin, Starship Troopers, for a while. So, I might get a little stir crazy!!

Also, I'm signed up and room paid for the Midwest Gaming Classic. Anyone else?

#4 11 years ago
Quoted from tonymiddendorf:

Right on. If anyone wants an update on my life, WPT is headed to Jonogo's today and Avatar is headed out early next week. I hope to use the funds toward a LOTR or Iron Man (preference to LOTR). So, if any of you guys get any leads ...
I'm going to be down to ONE pin, Starship Troopers, for a while. So, I might get a little stir crazy!!
Also, I'm signed up and room paid for the Midwest Gaming Classic. Anyone else?

Avatar already? I think you set a record with holding on to WPT. If you ever get IM, Tron or Family Guy I have dibs. Should be a short wait.

#5 11 years ago

I have a totally pimped out Tron coming in Feb. and I am looking for XM, TAV, JD, WCS94, TF, or Avatar after Tron. I am a Virgo who likes long walks, spicy food, and meaningful conversation. I am also going to MGC.

#6 11 years ago

I looking for Vector and Medusa if anyone knows of any laying around< Need the restorable working or not dont matter at all as long as they are complete and not total trash.
Cool to have a Wisconsin group here

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from Hellfire:

I looking for Vector and Medusa if anyone knows of any laying around< Need the restorable working or not dont matter at all as long as they are complete and not total trash.
Cool to have a Wisconsin group here

I am probably going back for that M. If I get bored with it I will let you know.

#8 11 years ago

Just like you guys to shut out Bears fans again and go off with your own party!

#9 11 years ago

Rusty get bored with it fast lol, The dude almost jumped on another already this last week or i wont have a use for it anymore. your buy price is prolly all he will want to go into a non restored machine so the markup would prolly make him pass. He beat up Erik T. pretty bad on the last lot I bought for him lol.

Talking about Illinois people Perhaps the OP ight consider adding the to this group Personaly i have found the Chicagoland area a great resource for machines.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from Hellfire:

Rusty get bored with it fast lol, The dude almost jumped on another already this last week or i wont have a use for it anymore. your buy price is prolly all he will want to go into a non restored machine so the markup would prolly make him pass. He beat up Erik T. pretty bad on the last lot I bought for him lol.
Talking about Illinois people Perhaps the OP ight consider adding the to this group Personaly i have found the Chicagoland area a great resource for machines.

Don't assume there will be a mark up. I sell more pins at break even than anything else. There was a mark up on Spectrum because the game wasn't for sale and you still got a nice deal on a rare pin. Besides that, I haven't told you how nice this one is.

IL guys are welcome here but they are the epicenter of the pinball world so they are pretty well represented. Being on the pinball island that is north-central WI, I make my connections around the edges of the state and the Minneapolis area hence the title.

#11 11 years ago

I'll be at MGC. For any attending you're welcome to come over and play LOTR and JD.

#12 11 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Being on the pinball island that is north-central WI, I make my connections around the edges of the state and the Minneapolis area hence the title.

I feel for you. I spend many extended weekends a summer in the Fremont/Waupaca area. Each summer I search for a machine or two to play on the rainy days. Nothing.

SE Wisconsin doesn't have the numbers we had in the past, but at least we have some.

I will also be at MGC - bringing the Hayburners II I rescued from the scrap heap last year, plus another game or two, not sure which yet.

Frank

#13 11 years ago

I will be at MGC and will be bringing a few games . Just decreased the size of my collection by 1 , sold my Beat Time .

#14 11 years ago

I am bring BSD to MGC. Might sell it, not sure.

#15 11 years ago

I will be at MGC this year as well. Will be bringing my MASSIVE Neo-Geo collection with.

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Don't assume there will be a mark up. I sell more pins at break even than anything else. There was a mark up on Spectrum because the game wasn't for sale and you still got a nice deal on a rare pin. Besides that, I haven't told you how nice this one is.

Rusty Im not talking about the Spectrum lol.
But reguardless of the machines condition if you put any more money that the price you're getting it for, its going to be over my guys wanted buying price for a base machine. he still wants it restored, rebuilt, cleared and bulletproofed etc. and the end product needs to be a certain price. and he is the type of guy he wants a machine and the deal comes along he will own it he has the buying power and is impatient. He wont buy it for the Centaur price that i know for sure but honestly I decided to put the wanted post in here for anyone else in WI. as well. There is more than 1 machine in the area

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from Hellfire:

Rusty Im not talking about the Spectrum lol.
But reguardless of the machines condition if you put any more money that the price you're getting it for, its going to be over my guys wanted buying price for a base machine. he still wants it restored, rebuilt, cleared and bulletproofed etc. and the end product needs to be a certain price. and he is the type of guy he wants a machine and the deal comes along he will own it he has the buying power and is impatient. He wont buy it for the Centaur price that i know for sure but honestly I decided to put the wanted post in here for anyone else in WI. as well. There is more than 1 machine in the area

Centaur is long gone and the deal worked out just fine.

#18 11 years ago

I'll probably be bringing my minty Tron Pro to MGC.

#19 11 years ago

I'll be at MGC. I'll be helping move games in and other stuff. Will either bring TFLE or TSPP.

#20 11 years ago

I'm coming to MGC - probably bringing HSII - maybe a Funhouse or Whirlwind as well.

#21 11 years ago

People are going to be bringing some nice games to MGC this year ! Should be awesome !

#22 11 years ago

Was considering bringing HS2 but if there will already be one there I will switch. Maybe Congo if I have it back by then. Or, maybe BK2K if I get the inserts fixed by then.

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Was considering bringing HS2 but if there will already be one there I will switch. Maybe Congo if I have it back by then. Or, maybe BK2K if I get the inserts fixed by then.

Rusty - if you want to bring your HS2, I can choose another game. Had this one on top of the list due to we didn't see one there last year.

#24 11 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

I'm coming to MGC - probably bringing HSII - maybe a Funhouse or Whirlwind as well.

Quoted from RustyLizard:

I am bringing a HS2 also.

#25 11 years ago

Looks like I'll be bringing a Williams IJ and an AFM to the MGC. Looking forward to the show and seeing all the guys again.

Scott.

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from SCOTTinHUBERTUS:

Looks like I'll be bringing a Williams IJ and an AFM to the MGC. Looking forward to the show and seeing all the guys again.
Scott.

Scott! Good to see you here on Pinside! Your old Jurassic Park is still getting lots of love and is a family favorite. I haven't forgotten that I owe you lunch for that powerball yet!

As for MGC, I'll be there as cheap slave labor again...LOL! JP might be making a return appearance...not sure yet. Might end up being that and CV again, but still might give CV a year off. CSI might come again...give more people a chance to play it. Hmm...decisions decisions.

#27 11 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

As for MGC, I'll be there as cheap slave labor again...LOL! JP might be making a return appearance...not sure yet. Might end up being that and CV again, but still might give CV a year off. CSI might come again...give more people a chance to play it. Hmm...decisions decisions.

WHoopie PIEs?

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Here are my thoughts on this:
Pinside has grown a lot lately and some of the trivial stuff we used to post doesn't feel quite right having it's own thread. The guys from TN have a thread that seems to have taken on a life of it's own so maybe this one will. Not excluding anyone but it seems there are a lot of connections between WI and MN pinball people and may of us know each other.
Possible topics for this thread:
New additions to your collection
Local trades or deals
Local gatherings or pinball parties
Connections for delivery of machines
Why the Vikings will never win a Superbowl
And so on....
If you like this and are from WI or MN then post here. If you don't like it, the thread will die and sink to the bottom in a hurry.

Nice, but I think this should be the Unofficial Minnesota-Wisconsin thread instead. Has a better ring to it.

#29 11 years ago

I'll be at MGC. Not sure what I'm bringing yet, but some DMD game will make the trip.

If anyone in the area is looking, I have a Hockey Champ EM arcade game that is for sale as well as a Flight 2000 and a Gorgar that I'll be selling soon.

Eric

#30 11 years ago

I thinking Ill bring my medusa or fathom if i get one of em done in time or maybe FG or EBD if its back together havnt seen any of these the last few years.

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

WHoopie PIEs?

Of course! How could we possibly set up that room without the official energy snacks of MGC?

#32 11 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

I am bringing a HS2 also.

That's it!!!! I'm bringing Bad Cats.

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Nice, but I think this should be the Unofficial Minnesota-Wisconsin thread instead. Has a better ring to it.

As long as you are willing to pay royalties you can name it anything you want. How about the LesManley-MoreManley thread?

#34 11 years ago

Good idea. By the way, were any of you guys playing in that tournament at Blainbrook last night?

#35 11 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

As long as you are willing to pay royalties you can name it anything you want. How about the LesManley-MoreManley thread?

I'd be in for the MoreManley part. Les can cover the LesManley side .

#36 11 years ago

Hey Chris,

Ya,it took me a while but I finally made it. Free lunch. Gotta love it. See you there.

Scott.

#37 11 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I'll be at MGC. I'll be helping move games in and other stuff. Will either bring TFLE or TSPP.

NIce. I was thinking of TFLE, but I may bring my freshly restored Atlantis or Miss World again.

#38 11 years ago
Quoted from tonymiddendorf:

Avatar is headed out early next week.

Aaaaw, and I was going to trade you my LOTR for it.

#39 11 years ago
Quoted from Esohny:

By the way, were any of you guys playing in that tournament at Blainbrook last night?

Nope I went up last Sunday for a bit.

#40 11 years ago

Given my location, I feel compelled to post in this thread even though I have nothing to contribute(other than a bump) at this point. Carry on my friends!

#41 11 years ago

Checking in.

And I too am excited for MGC.
Don't think I can bring a game since I'll be bringing a 20 month old who's just as obsessed with pinball as I am.
Hook'em while they're young....

#42 11 years ago

I, too, will be at the MGC. Trying to decide what I will all be bringing. The definites are a couple things for tournaments (Orbitor 1, others TBA). I'm thinking of bringing a MC for fun too, and maybe tossing it in Clock Chaos too.

It's looking like a great year. I can't believe how busy I've been getting everything together this year! If anyone has a game that they feel is in great shape that you might be interested in loaning to the tournament (or Clock Chaos), please shoot me a PM. We're looking for a couple extra games.

If we're talking about our most recent pickups, I have found a way to get about 12 machines in the last three months. There is a good chance that I will have some space open in my basement later this year Of course, it will already have been overfilled twice over. I need a new house

#43 11 years ago

Oh, and a couple other things... MGC Machine Registration should open within the next 48 hours, we're trying to finish up some stuff related to it and how we are handling the after party, which I hope is figured out soon.

Tom's Tour, which a number of people have asked me about, will probably happen on the Friday before, however he is in a different job where he might not be able to be there for it. He thinks that he will, but watch around early Feb to get that confirmed.

#44 11 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I, too, will be at the MGC. Trying to decide what I will all be bringing. The definites are a couple things for tournaments (Orbitor 1, others TBA). I'm thinking of bringing a MC for fun too, and maybe tossing it in Clock Chaos too.
It's looking like a great year. I can't believe how busy I've been getting everything together this year! If anyone has a game that they feel is in great shape that you might be interested in loaning to the tournament (or Clock Chaos), please shoot me a PM. We're looking for a couple extra games.
If we're talking about our most recent pickups, I have found a way to get about 12 machines in the last three months. There is a good chance that I will have some space open in my basement later this year Of course, it will already have been overfilled twice over. I need a new house

Dan, any decisions yet on the VS room? My son is still hoping for the PS3 game you mentioned so he has a good reason to come.

#45 11 years ago

Rusty, which PS3 game did I mention? Sorry, I have had SO many conversations about this thing already that everything is blurring together. I've been up past midnight each day this last week working on it, which has not been so hot for my health

I can say this - we haven't yet officially announced this, but we are going to essentially double the size of the museum this year, so there is a better chance you'll see some cool stuff.

Oh, and everyone, *please* remember "Like" us on Facebook and tell your friends. We've found that is a great way to keep people informed, and we've already committed so many more resources to the show this year (our budget is something like 140% of what it was last year) that I'm a little nervous about it. Any help you can do spreading the word, we'd really appreciate!

#46 11 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Rusty, which PS3 game did I mention? Sorry, I have had SO many conversations about this thing already that everything is blurring together. I've been up past midnight each day this last week working on it, which has not been so hot for my health
I can say this - we haven't yet officially announced this, but we are going to essentially double the size of the museum this year, so there is a better chance you'll see some cool stuff.
Oh, and everyone, *please* remember "Like" us on Facebook and tell your friends. We've found that is a great way to keep people informed, and we've already committed so many more resources to the show this year (our budget is something like 140% of what it was last year) that I'm a little nervous about it. Any help you can do spreading the word, we'd really appreciate!

Black Ops 2

#47 11 years ago

It will be done, whether it is on PS3s or 360s is the question right now, but it will definitely be there. I bought a bunch of HDTVs for it

#48 11 years ago

MGC: I'm really hoping to bring my new Ghost Squad pinball machine in some sort of working condition. It is a humorous game based off paranormal ghost hunting TV shows.

#49 11 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

That or Packers suck thread would suffice.

I'll be there @ MGC w/ my son. I plan to bring a game... but not sure which (or which games I'll have.

As Tony stated, I picked up his WPT... JUST Today! Sold off more than a few of my collection and plan to add at least one more (hopefully tomorrow)

Quoted from FrankJ:

I will also be at MGC - bringing the Hayburners II I rescued from the scrap heap last year, plus another game or two, not sure which yet.

Frank, I'm hoping to come home with this Hay burners II Pretty sure my dad is going to LOVE it! Just need to play it first, but from the videos and pics, it looks to be everything he'd like.

Quoted from roger0043:

I'll be at MGC. For any attending you're welcome to come over and play LOTR and JD.

Hey Roger, me and the boy could probably swing over on friday if you are up for company

@ Russ, thanks for the thread, cool to get us all in the same area chatting, it'll be cool to meet you guys @ MGC.

#50 11 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

MGC: I'm really hoping to bring my new Ghost Squad pinball machine in some sort of working condition. It is a humorous game based off paranormal ghost hunting TV shows.
» YouTube video

Were the ghost and the door made on a Makerbot?

There are 20,655 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 414.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.