6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 13,128 posts
  • 426 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by lordloss
  • Topic is favorited by 254 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,509 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

4A8EFB54-8199-419C-9089-DB5F6267410A (resized).jpeg
BB3BC2A0-3486-4AAE-88CF-03656B52471B (resized).jpeg
0AF8E171-AF9A-4C86-B8DE-42DACCA6509C (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190827_181740 (resized).jpg
20190827_160759 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190826_222926 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190826_224658 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190826_210157 (resized).jpg
1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png

There are 13128 posts in this topic. You are on page 155 of 263.
#7702 4 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Someone buy this for me please.
ebay.com link » Rare Basketball Pinball Machine By Data East Red Model One Of Seven Units Made

you would think that if you want 25k for something, you would have an assload of pictures with it. including massive amounts of playfield pics.

#7703 4 years ago

Listed my Meteor in the market.
I hate letting it go, but I need the space and cash.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/25914

#7704 4 years ago

Can anyone suggest a local glass company that will cut custom size tempered glass. I need two pieces for an arcade cabinet project... It would be great if they were open Saturday too. Thanks!

(I'm in the Saint Paul metro)

#7705 4 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Someone buy this for me please.
ebay.com link » Rare Basketball Pinball Machine By Data East Red Model One Of Seven Units Made

I would have, if you would have sold me that Strikes 'N Spares ...

#7706 4 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

Can anyone suggest a local glass company that will cut custom size tempered glass. I need two pieces for an arcade cabinet project... It would be great if they were open Saturday too. Thanks!
(I'm in the Saint Paul metro)

I had a glass company in Bloomington called Besser Glass in Bloomington cut a piece of glass for my IJ and it was done right.

#7707 4 years ago

Still looking for WH20 bump. Keep my random string of consonants in mind!
Would buy straight out or do a trade involving my LOTR.

#7708 4 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

That's part of the plan

I got the email this morning. Your plan was to use a sound tech to keep volume consistent and charge more to be away from the band.

You keep saying you charge less than other venues, so its ok to have problems. With each of these upcharges, at what price point will you match other venues? At that point will you listen to the vendors?

#7709 4 years ago

seems to me that they do listen and make adjustments EVERY year. I have been going to MGC for 4 (maybe 5) years now and each year they grow, make adjustments, take feedback, and improve!

I am sure they are taking ALL feedback into account as that is what they do.

#7710 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

seems to me that they do listen and make adjustments EVERY year. I have been going to MGC for 4 (maybe 5) years now and each year they grow, make adjustments, take feedback, and improve!
I am sure they are taking ALL feedback into account as that is what they do.

Its just so loud, we can't have a decent conversation with anyone. The bands last year got progressively worse as the day went on. If there was a compromise of some sort, maybe only have the band after 3 on Sat. By that time, the sales had slowed and the crowd thinned.

#7711 4 years ago

If anyone has an interest in a Jokerz feel free to PM me.

fargo.craigslist.org link

#7712 4 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Its just so loud

I agree fully and think they will be making adjustments this year to address it.

I am old so everything is loud to me but it did seem REALLY LOUD last year.

#7713 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I agree fully and think they will be making adjustments this year to address it.
I am old so everything is loud to me but it did seem REALLY LOUD last year.

How about they move the live band to the after party!

The only thing they did to address is it charge more to be further away from it.

#7714 4 years ago

What is this event you are all talking about?

#7715 4 years ago
Quoted from chrisnack:

What is this event you are all talking about?

https://www.midwestgamingclassic.com/

Midwest Gaming Classic. I'd describe it as 2/3rds games and 1/3rd pinball. Pinball keeps getting bigger and better every year. Huge show. And the games add a level of excitement to the show you need to see to believe. There is like electricity in the air when you walk in.

LTG : )

#7716 4 years ago

The open comedy segment on Sat night was full of family un-friendly material. The band @ the Vendors Tent was also way loud. I couldn't agree more that it was hard to have a conversation to buy anything during certain times..

#7717 4 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

How about they move the live band to the after party!

lol

#7718 4 years ago

So you can see why it'd suck to have the band there. You can't talk to others without shouting and even then its not a inviting for a personal conversation.

#7719 4 years ago
Quoted from DB62:

I would have, if you would have sold me that Strikes 'N Spares ...

Dang it. If only I would have known then what I know now.

#7720 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

There is like electricity in the air when you walk in.

+1

Love the whole vibe. Love that I can get from one end of the event to the other in under 2 minutes. But mostly love hanging out with all the different groups I see throughout the year. MN people, IL people, MI people etc...

#7722 4 years ago

Long post incoming...

Quoted from lordloss:

I got the email this morning. Your plan was to use a sound tech to keep volume consistent and charge more to be away from the band.
You keep saying you charge less than other venues, so its ok to have problems. With each of these upcharges, at what price point will you match other venues? At that point will you listen to the vendors?

Dude, every year you have problems that you take public and complain about. No one else does. If we are so bad at listening to vendors, why do you come?

We have had vendors for years asking to be closer to the door so they get the chance to sell to people multiple times. By moving the vendor hall into three zones, we can provide that. This allowed us also to keep vendor prices cheap - they are CHEAPER this year if you are closer to the stage. They are not much more expensive to be in the middle. They ARE more expensive to be near the front, correct. We have had people offer us more money to get those spots in the past and we have always said no because we don't sell specific spots. We still don't want to sell specific spots, but this gives you the choice.

The sound tech allows us to keep all volume at the same point, and we control the sound tech. One of the problems last year was that one band - and it really was just one band - cranked up everything really loud and we didn't have direct control of turning it down. By us having that control, it allows us to keep everything at a more reasonable volume. The only thing we can't control is how hard someone is hitting their drums.

Quoted from lordloss:

The bands last year got progressively worse as the day went on. If there was a compromise of some sort, maybe only have the band after 3 on Sat. By that time, the sales had slowed and the crowd thinned.

I don't know exactly what Gary sent out as he sent it, but that is actually one of the things that is changing. Now, interestingly you made two separate points here...

The first is that you said that they got progressively worse. I'd actually argue there was one band that we know of who did play really loud. The bands after that were at a more regular volume again, but as one of the guys running MGC Music said, it was like a tipping point for people.

As for your thing above, the plan is to change things up throughout the day on the stage so it isn't straight bands. Your suggestion of having bands start at 3pm is interesting, as last year only two bands played before 3pm and absolutely no one complained about them or their volume (the loud band was at 5pm, which was when the complaints started). I spoke personally with a number of vendors at about 2:45pm and they all told me that they were a great draw to keep people in the tent and they were happy with it. Some of them changed their opinion after the 5pm band. It was a situation that we couldn't change because we didn't have direct amp control. By having a sound tech in charge of the sound, we do have control of that so it is far easier to turn people down.

The second thing is the plan is to spread them out. So, if on Saturday the bands are at 1, 3, 5 and 6 for instance, then that nearly takes care of your complaint there - and that is more or less the plan already. If we had the Metroid band at 1pm again (the same one as last year) that gathered a huge crowd, I can't see many people having a problem with that.

In between those times, we'll be doing other activities there such at tournaments. We did this on Sunday and it attracted more than 100 people to some of the events being held there. The reason MGC Music exists, in part, was because vendors were complaining that they wanted to be around an event that would keep people walking past their stuff throughout the day. That was one of the huge complaints with the hall two years ago, other than the water issues we did our best to take care of this past year and I think we did pretty good with, was that by having the vendor hall "as a dead end with nothing beyond it", people would leave and "not come back."

We listened to those complaints and tried to come up with a solution, and that was the MGC Music stage where we decided to experiment by doing music on one day and other events on the other. It didn't work out perfectly. We've recognized that, we came up with a number of ways to try to fix that.

For every vendor that complained that it was loud, we had more who told us we did a great job by giving people a reason to walk back through the tent over and over. It is impossible to listen to your complaint and get rid of the bands, and still listen to the positive feelings of the other vendors who said they really appreciated what we were doing. If that isn't good enough for you, like I've always said, I understand if people opt not to come for whatever reason. There is simply no way to make everyone happy. The changes we are doing we think will get it a lot closer. Clearly, you don't think so. If you think you're going to have a bad time, just don't come. I don't hold it against you, and it's the strongest statement that you can make about how you feel about it.

I would hope you give it another shot and see just how much the changes do, but the public complaints about a show that you are attending and vending at to me isn't the way to get stuff done the best. You can always PM me and I can walk you through the stuff. I can't promise that we're always going to change it to be exactly what you want, but I can explain the thinking. If it isn't good enough, I encourage you to not attend. But doing it in such a public way makes it much harder to carry a real dialog about anything on, as when you post four things publicly about how bad we are before I have a chance to reply, it sure seems like you're cementing in the "bad" before I can do anything.

#7723 4 years ago
Quoted from Silvercoin:

The open comedy segment on Sat night was full of family un-friendly material.

That was a mistake and won't happen again. Long story, but I'll just say what we got was not what we were told we were getting and by the time that people realized to shut it down, the majority of it had already happened.

#7724 4 years ago

you only have so much control with bands. Being a band manager for a long time, the guys usually turn down the amps during sound check, then slowly keep increase their volumes as they play. The drums only go so low, and everyone else will have to be at that level. But it seems every musician wants to be in front, so they drown each other out. You only have control of the monitors and the mics that are in front of the amps. But the amps alone are enough to drown out the place if they want.

#7725 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

You only have control of the monitors and the mics that are in front of the amps.

Luckily, we also have control of the power.

Look, I love that a bunch of people have ideas about this, but I'd much rather talk about them in a one on one situation (pm, phone or whatever) because we've actually probably already thought through what others have said, and have a plan. I know that because we're so accessible for ideas, a lot of people just like tossing them out and I do appreciate it, but I would rather be able to explain to people one on one our thinking and also not miss anything. If I'm late to reply to stuff on a message board, suddenly a bunch of people can think we're not listening, when in reality that has nothing to do with it. Also, sometimes outside circumstances dictate what we do, so talking one on one allows me to fill people in on all the circumstances that I don't necessarily want to do to due to length or whatever on a message board. Like the location question that seems to always come up...

Having said that, I need to talk with you about other stuff so I suppose you should be ready for a phone call sometime soon

#7726 4 years ago

Hey gang!

HUO Mustang with extras for trade... Looking primarily for B/W, DE, Sega, or 2000s era Stern plus cash. I'm prepping my deposit for Rob Zombie.

I'm in Minot and can road trip for the right deal. Of course, I'm totally impulsive so maybe I can be swayed towards other titles.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-for-trade-huo-mustang-pro-wmods#post-2737583

#7727 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Hey gang!
HUO Mustang with extras for trade... Looking primarily for B/W, DE, Sega, or 2000s era Stern plus cash. I'm prepping my deposit for Rob Zombie.
I'm in Minot and can road trip for the right deal. Of course, I'm totally impulsive so maybe I can be swayed towards other titles.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-for-trade-huo-mustang-pro-wmods#post-2737583

Bump for ND

#7728 4 years ago

So anyone have any advice for a first time expo atendee.....

#7729 4 years ago
Quoted from BillPinball:

So anyone have any advice for a first time expo atendee.....

Assert yourself. Do everything. See everything. Next time skip what you didn't enjoy. You get out of Expo what you put into it.

You'll have a BLAST !

LTG : )

#7730 4 years ago

LTG has the best advice ALWAYS for ALL shows. Put yourself out there. Do EVERYTHING and you will get it all back. Offer to help if you see someone that needs it and you will have more fun.

Be open to a good time and try your darnedest to make it happen and you will have a blast!

#7731 4 years ago

Thanks so much for the advice!

I am headed there with my brother and we are pretty pumped. My brother and I are relaunching Fargo Pinball up here in beautiful Fargo ND so we figured it was about time we went to the expo.

https://www.facebook.com/fargopinball

I have bought a few games over the years from Josh (jonogo) and always appreciate the MN WI pinball community.

Hopefully I will get a chance to meet a few of you. Just look for Jim and Bill in the Fargo Pinball shirts.

Thanks again,

Bill
Fargo Pinball

#7732 4 years ago

Playing games during the show can suck....bad. Bring a game or get a ticket to the after party, that is where it is at.

#7733 4 years ago
#7734 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Playing games during the show can suck....bad. Bring a game or get a ticket to the after party, that is where it is at.

That's the Midwest Gaming Classic.

#7735 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinpast:

System 3 games
or similar

There are many threads about this. Search for "best pins". There are many people that want the system 3 Gottliebs because they can usually be found under $2000. They might not be the best themes but, for an into DMD it's a good option.

There are also threads about favorite Sega games you can read... These can also be found for reasonable prices depending on theme.

#7736 4 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

That's the Midwest Gaming Classic.

oh was the original post about expo?

#7737 4 years ago

Can anyone pass on any information of any individuals who might service pinball machines in the Mankato, MN area? I have a Cyclone I would finally like to get up and running. I'm willing to learn, but still don't know a great deal about servicing pins. When I've read threads that relate to my issues, my brain feels like its going to melt down.

#7738 4 years ago

I am a little late to the game. But if anyone can bring 2 wide and 2 normal sheets of glass from pinballlife and expo.

I have an extra $20 with your name on it!

#7739 4 years ago

I just had a dream about shopping a waterworld pin........

#7740 4 years ago
Quoted from princea56001:

Can anyone pass on any information of any individuals who might service pinball machines in the Mankato, MN area? I have a Cyclone I would finally like to get up and running. I'm willing to learn, but still don't know a great deal about servicing pins. When I've read threads that relate to my issues, my brain feels like its going to melt down.

I know the feeling I have been at it the last few months and making progress on my Space station. I found some good resources on the web and just listed them on my recent looking for help thread

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/solenoid-malfunction-syst-11b-space-station#post-2748465

BTW anybody who can provide insights on my Aux Power Board would be appreciated. see link

#7741 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballnut3:

I am a little late to the game. But if anyone can bring 2 wide and 2 normal sheets of glass from pinballlife and expo.

Al at the pinball warehouse has them for sale too

#7742 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I just had a dream about shopping a Waterworld pin........

Weird..... I had a dream where that Waterworld pin flew out of the back of my van on I94 on the way back from Expo. Congrats on finally getting your WW. Looks like it will clean up nicely. Glad Chris was able to grab it for you, and we were able to get it back to his place. Having that in the back of my van kept Chris from buying yet another pin he doesn't have room for

#7743 4 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Weird..... I had a dream where that Waterworld pin flew out of the back of my van on I94 on the way back from Expo. Congrats on finally getting your WW. Looks like it will clean up nicely. Glad Chris was able to grab it for you, and we were able to get it back to his place. Having that in the back of my van kept Chris from buying yet another pin he doesn't have room for

hahhahaha. Such a weird dream. I wasn't taking pictures, so I woke up.

Thank you again! This has been a on going search for a few years. Most have that flipper wear, I was unaware of until I sold my first one.

How was expo? Is it like mgc pinball part, but bigger?

#7744 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

How was expo? Is it like mgc pinball part, but bigger?

I usually go to play a few games, so Expo doesnt really do much for me. Although the number of games are pretty small, the variety of Expo is a little better than MGC. Lots of great/rare games to be found at Expo. I had fun with my little posse, so that was all that mattered.... Expo was just a reason to have a little time away from the fam for the night.

#7745 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballnut3:

John at PinballPlus can get standard size, not sure about wide.

#7746 4 years ago
Quoted from princea56001:

John at PinballPlus might be willing to travel. PM me if you want his number.

#7747 4 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

This is exactly true. Doing the deal on the Waterworld made me feel like I purchased a machine so it fixed my jones.

chris

#7748 4 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

This is exactly true. Doing the deal on the Waterworld made me feel like I purchased a machine so it fixed my jones.
chris

I appreciate it! I think Chris was more excited than I was

#7749 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I appreciate it! I think Chris was more excited than I was

Hell yes I was. I know we don't have to hear your crap and whining about finding a Waterworld.

I feel like it's a win for everyone.

#7750 4 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Wish I had a reason not to buy pins I don't have room for. I ended up buying 2 games from expo. I was out of room 13 pins ago.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 7,300.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 23.75
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 109.99
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 19.99
$ 35.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Id Rather Play Pinball
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus
$ 25.50
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 3.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 14.00
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Displays
PinballSolutions.eu
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
There are 13128 posts in this topic. You are on page 155 of 263.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside