1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png
There are 20,723 posts in this topic. You are on page 266 of 415.
#13251 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I have one. I replaced with a colorDMD xl (in case you did not know that was and option). Lmk if interested and what a fair price is on these currently.

Thanks Hilton, I have a couple MN guys reach out, so I’ll see if I can snag one without shipping first.

I am probably gonna sell the game so colordmd didn’t seem worth the price

#13252 4 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Pinside wont let me add a picture to this thread.

I was just giving you a hard time Congrats on the purchase!

#13253 4 years ago

I’ve got a paragon with a “Jim’s game supplies” sticker on it. Jim stolp and sons. Anybody familiar with this? Googled it and it seems to be closed. Going to leave it on there, kinda neat.

#13254 4 years ago

Thanks! That just might do the trick!

#13255 4 years ago
Quoted from PBaller22:

Does anyone in the Twin Cities area happen to have a pinball cover they're looking to sell? Looking for one for an 80's Bally standard machine. I'm trying to get it before Thanksgiving and my shipping date just got changed to the middle of December. Thanks!

Quoted from isJ:

Will this do the trick?
minneapolis.craigslist.org link

I wish you luck! I’ve been dealing with this joker up in Ramsey for the last two weeks. He keeps changing dates on when we can get together and then when the day comes, he goes MIA. He’s done this twice, I’m out... If you want a cover before the year is over, I’d avoid this Craigslist deadbeat...

#13256 4 years ago

Hey Dudes

Does anyone have a piece of Cab side art they don't need or is extra from a project? It can be some of those 2nds I have seen on ebay. I only need 1 side. Let me know what you may have hiding in your hoard of parts.

chris

#13257 4 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Hey Dudes
Does anyone have a piece of Cab side art they don't need or is extra from a project? It can be some of those 2nds I have seen on ebay. I only need 1 side. Let me know what you may have hiding in your hoard of parts.
chris

I have a waterworld side I didn’t use

#13258 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

From Halloween to Christmas I get more people in my business looking to buy pins than any other time of the year. For a present for family member or for the family/visitors over the holidays.
LTG : )

im in the market for a machine, where is your shop

#13259 4 years ago
Quoted from Moruga:

I'm not sure if Lloyd will sell, as he operates a location with games for people to play.

But Al at The Pinball Warehouse sells games

Pinball Warehouse
8290 MAIN STREET NE, SUITE 3
FRIDLEY, MN 55432

Also a lot of collectors here have games for sale usually.

#13260 4 years ago
Quoted from Moruga:

Hopkins. http://ssbilliards.com/ I don't normally have game for sale here. The for sale items on my website don't belong to me.

You can stop in and talk pinball. And I'll give you the contact info for games on my website.

As northvibe pointed out, other than collectors, is Al at Action Pinball Warehouse. Al or Aaron there are good people.

#13262 4 years ago

I know the listed selection had seemed to dwindle over the past year+ or so, but now there's not even en EM section at all. Anyone know if Al has just stopped bothering with EMs entirely?

#13263 4 years ago

I haven't been there in awhile, but they usually have several project EMs out. They don't list the projects in inventory.

#13264 4 years ago

Starting to clear out the house. Does anyone need a standard sheet of glass? It's used but in good shape. Free, just come pick it up. I also have a set of used Theatre of Magic ramps $20.

#13265 4 years ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

I know the listed selection had seemed to dwindle over the past year+ or so, but now there's not even en EM section at all. Anyone know if Al has just stopped bothering with EMs entirely?

yeah I see that now that the EM's are no longer listed , they were the only dealer that had a separate list for the EM's from the rest of the machines on their website.
I could be wrong

#13266 4 years ago
Quoted from BlueIrocGuy:I wish you luck! I’ve been dealing with this joker up in Ramsey for the last two weeks. He keeps changing dates on when we can get together and then when the day comes, he goes MIA. He’s done this twice, I’m out... If you want a cover before the year is over, I’d avoid this Craigslist deadbeat...

The shipping came through on one, but thanks for the heads up!

#13267 4 years ago
Quoted from Goalie:

Starting to clear out the house. Does anyone need a standard sheet of glass? It's used but in good shape. Free, just come pick it up. I also have a set of used Theatre of Magic ramps $20.

Dude, I'll take it. I just will happen to be at the Victoria hockey rink Friday morning. If we can connect that would be sweet...

#13268 4 years ago

I'm selling a custom Indy 500/Logitech/PS3 racing system with games for $400 for anyone that's looking for a racer.

https://www.wisconsinpinball.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2099

#13269 4 years ago

Anyone have a Namco Bowl O Rama they want to sell - PM me.
thx

#13270 4 years ago
Quoted from janus:

Dude, I'll take it. I just will happen to be at the Victoria hockey rink Friday morning. If we can connect that would be sweet...

Sorry these are spoken for already. I'll post more parts as I find them.

#13271 4 years ago
Quoted from cpr9999:

Anyone have a Namco Bowl O Rama they want to sell - PM me.
thx

We used to have one, but it was shithoused a few years back. They have crazy protection that makes it difficult to repair once the original parts start going bad, and namco wanted $700 just to look at it.

#13272 4 years ago

Just listed a sh!tty RFM.. Open to trades, open to offers.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-revenge-from-mars-73

#13273 4 years ago
Quoted from ChrisPINk25:

I haven't been there in awhile, but they usually have several project EMs out. They don't list the projects in inventory.

See the next response.

Quoted from Dragon:

yeah I see that now that the EM's are no longer listed , they were the only dealer that had a separate list for the EM's from the rest of the machines on their website.
I could be wrong

I wasn't that clear, but this is what I meant. Previously, there was a separate page on the site that listed EMs. It would list the handful of EMs that you could play in the showroom, as well as others that weren't out on the floor. (The one pin I bought there was an EM that Al had to take up upstairs to see, after sufficiently convincing him that I wasn't just tire kicking.) The list got considerably shorter over the past year and a half I'd say - now it's just gone. Just wondering if they're even bothering with them anymore. Can't imagine the profit margins on EMs are that great for him.

#13274 4 years ago

Al seemed pretty out of touch with the game when I went and visited this last summer. Wasn't much of help for anything he had for sale there.

#13275 4 years ago
Quoted from vwallat99:

Al seemed pretty out of touch with the game when I went and visited this last summer. Wasn't much of help for anything he had for sale there.

welcome to old age , Arron is the one doing it all contact him if you need to , I hope they are doing ok , i visited last summer to and arron was working on a star trek next gen ,AL saw me playing the munsters pro and asked if i was going to buy something , I love AL

#13276 4 years ago

I agree. I think both Al and Aaron are awesome.

#13277 4 years ago

At least I have one working game in the basement..... damn no pics :/ 5-6’ drifts only in my yard it feels like :-p

#13278 4 years ago

I first did business with Big Al in 1985. I traded a Xenon and 200.00 For a Centaur. Al and his wife delivered it to my work at Viking Village in St. Paul. I was 15 at the time.
Al is one of the main reasons pinball is as popular as it is in the Midwest area now. Alot of collectors here in the midwest got started via AL. He would always come in to the operators in the Twin Cities and buy their old non working/dirty games. This process repeated itself probably hundreds of times in the 80's to the 2010's. This gave operators confidence to buy more pinball machines as they knew when the games were rotated on the route they could count on Al to give them a fair price for them. If Al was not around to buy all of those games operators would not have purchased as much as they did back in the day. The company I worked for an operator in the 90's which bought like 35+ Addams Familys and after a few years Al would buy them. The operator would then invest in newer games (T Zone, TOM etc) and the cycle would continue. Locations always wanted something fresh. Even good titles would get stale after a while. Locations were always demanding wanting the newest game regardless if it was good or not.
If you see Al or visit him its good to say thanks for what he has done for pinball in Minnesota and beyond.

Quoted from skink91:

I agree. I think both Al and Aaron are awesome.

#13279 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballplusMN:

I first did business with Big Al in 1985. I traded a Xenon and 200.00 For a Centaur. Al and his wife delivered it to my work at Viking Village in St. Paul. I was 15 at the time.
Al is one of the main reasons pinball is as popular as it is in the Midwest area now. Alot of collectors here in the midwest got started via AL. He would always come in to the operators in the Twin Cities and buy their old non working/dirty games. This process repeated itself probably hundreds of times in the 80's to the 2010's. This gave operators confidence to buy more pinball machines as they knew when the games were rotated on the route they could count on Al to give them a fair price for them. If Al was not around to buy all of those games operators would not have purchased as much as they did back in the day. The company I worked for an operator in the 90's which bought like 35+ Addams Familys and after a few years Al would buy them. The operator would then invest in newer games (T Zone, TOM etc) and the cycle would continue. Locations always wanted something fresh. Even good titles would get stale after a while. Locations were always demanding wanting the newest game regardless if it was good or not.
If you see Al or visit him its good to say thanks for what he has done for pinball in Minnesota and beyond.

I have seen people dump on Al online based on his attitude. I think he's been around and seen enough to no longer really care about a first impression -- it might not be the most customer-centric approach, but I don't take offense to his no BS attitude. It's really cool to get a glance at this part of the history, thanks for posting.

#13280 4 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

I have seen people dump on Al online based on his attitude.

As we get older, we tend to get grumpy. Get past that and Al is a great person to deal with.

#13281 4 years ago

AL used to have games on route too, a pretty decent sized route in Minneapolis from what I heard. If I had to deal with that Era of people in that part of Minneapolis, I too would get bitter pretty fast. But he's earned that right and let him do as he pleases.

#13282 4 years ago

Auction for a Game Plan Pin :

https://www.auctionmn.com/cgi-bin/mmlist.cgi?auctionmn2/1

Disclaimer : No affiliation, just saw it.

#13283 4 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

I have seen people dump on Al online based on his attitude. I think he's been around and seen enough to no longer really care about a first impression -- it might not be the most customer-centric approach, but I don't take offense to his no BS attitude. It's really cool to get a glance at this part of the history, thanks for posting.

I remember seeing Firepower II listed on his website, and I wanted to buy it. So I went on over there, and asked him about it. He just ranted for some minute about excuses or something to not sell it.

So why even list it on the website then?

Let Aaron take over the business. He's nice. Even gave me a tour of the back area where there's tons of pins.

#13284 4 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

I have seen people dump on Al online based on his attitude.

I wanna hear Al call up PBR and talk to Steve after forgetting his customer number.

#13285 4 years ago
Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

I wanna hear Al call up PBR and talk to Steve after forgetting his customer number.

Had to deal with PBR a year or so ago, the operator I work for has always shied away from Gottlieb, but we got a Rescue 911 in, and I needed a manual. Since they're the only place to get them, I decided to give a call. I had to argue with who I think was Steve about some customer number from 30 years ago for quite some time. God damn, what an archaic way of doing business, makes the real Bob Roberts page look high tech! Anyway, we did end up getting the manual eventually.

#13286 4 years ago
Quoted from s1500:

the back area where there's tons of pins.

Not any more. There's less and less there every day.

#13287 4 years ago

Tilt just posted on Facebook and Instagram that they're switching from tokens to quarters on January 1.

Hope it's not due to folks like me; I have a bunch of their tokens on my dresser at home from when I had to cut my last visit there short. Guess that I had better get back there this month to use them up.

#13288 4 years ago
Quoted from mnrocketry:

Tilt just posted on Facebook and Instagram that they're switching from tokens to quarters on January 1.
Hope it's not due to folks like me; I have a bunch of their tokens on my dresser at home from when I had to cut my last visit there short. Guess that I had better get back there this month to use them up.

Switching to quarters is a good idea. Having to switch from one currency to another is just another hoop to jump through. More often than not, the token machine in question will always be out of order.

#13289 4 years ago
Quoted from mnrocketry:

I think this is a good idea, but I'll miss the free bonus tokens for buying in bulk.

#13290 4 years ago

Wonder if they will somehow honor the tokens? Obviously can't do a one for one because of the bonus tokens.
Guess we're going to mpls around Christmas.

#13291 4 years ago
Quoted from pinwhoo:

Wonder if they will somehow honor the tokens? Obviously can't do a one for one because of the bonus tokens.
Guess we're going to mpls around Christmas.

Nope, they're swapping the token mechs and that's that. No exchanges or anything according to their Facebook post. I'll have to find all my token stashes...

#13292 4 years ago

I have a few bucks worth. Oh well

#13293 4 years ago

Didn't they used to be quarter machines when they opened? So, how long before they go back to tokens?

#13294 4 years ago

Looking for a jersey jack pirates of the Caribbean if anyone knows of one for sale locally! Preferably the LE or CE.

Cheers
Nic

#13295 4 years ago

Reminder, Pinball league at 7:00 pm at hudson tap on tuesdays. Need more players to keep league alive. Free to join. BOGO first drink at the bar.

#13296 4 years ago
Quoted from Fortytwo:

I have a few bucks worth. Oh well

I'll stop by and pick them up and my way to Mpls

#13297 4 years ago

Oh crap, I have tilt tokens too. I’ll have to swing down when I have early Xmas at the parents!

#13298 4 years ago

I would think as an op the token thing would be much more lucrative for Tilt. Just in the last 10 posts people have commented how they have tokens laying around. That's just free money for tilt because you didn't use them tearing up the machines.

Hell I might have some laying around here from a few years ago at this point when I was up for a visit.

chris

#13299 4 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

I would think as an op the token thing would be much more lucrative for Tilt. Just in the last 10 posts people have commented how they have tokens laying around. That's just free money for tilt because you didn't use them tearing up the machines.
Hell I might have some laying around here from a few years ago at this point when I was up for a visit.
chris

Just like gift cards.

#13300 4 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

chris

Agreed. Seems like an unusual business move. The whole theory of striping currency of its cash value is to keep money in house. I would imagine people would spend less or willing to walk away with money, but maybe not.

There are 20,723 posts in this topic. You are on page 266 of 415.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread/page/266 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.