1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png
There are 20,726 posts in this topic. You are on page 150 of 415.
#7451 8 years ago

Glad TOTAN is in the lineup. Love the look of that game and really looking forward to checking it out. Only one draw-back though, I'm afraid I will like it too much.
Should be a blast!

#7452 8 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Glad TOTAN is in the lineup. Love the look of that game and really looking forward to checking it out. Only one draw-back though, I'm afraid I will like it too much.
Should be a blast!

If you want to play it after the fair is over, Mortimer's has one on location too.

#7453 8 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

If you want to play it after the fair is over, Mortimer's has one on location too.

Rodger that. Thanks for the heads-up!

#7454 8 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Unfortunately I'll be hogging it every day, so you can't play it.
EDIT: Unless Gringo's is actually open.

#7455 8 years ago

Long as we're on the subject, can my seventeen year old son join me at Mortimer's? Or is it 21+ only?
Thanks

#7456 8 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Long as we're on the subject, can my seventeen year old son join me at Mortimer's? Or is it 21+ only?
Thanks

21+ only

#7457 8 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Thanks

I used to get carded to play pinball at 1PM in the afternoon on a tuesday back in Mankato. I came in at night once and told the lady I turned the machine off since a ball was stuck.

She interrupted me saying she really can't let me be in here. She thought my ID said I was born in 99, instead of 89.

#7458 8 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Thanks

Someone already answered, so I'm just gonna mention that your pinball initials are pretty cool.

#7459 8 years ago

Too bad...

Quoted from Beatnik-Filmstar:

Someone already answered, so I'm just gonna mention that your pinball initials are pretty cool.

Yeah, I like 'em too. And back at 'cha.

#7460 8 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Too bad...

Yeah, I like 'em too. And back at 'cha.

Any ages can play across the street from Mortimer's at Caffeto's Coffee House. Same operator of the games and he has 4 games there...

Funhouse (Williams, 1990)
The Machine: Bride of Pin-bot (Williams, 1991)
Metallica (Master of Puppets - LE) (Stern, 2013)
Twilight Zone (Bally, 1993)

#7461 8 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Any ages can play across the street from Mortimer's at Caffeto's Coffee House. Same operator of the games and he has 4 games there...
Funhouse (Williams, 1990)
The Machine: Bride of Pin-bot (Williams, 1991)
Twilight Zone (Bally, 1993)

Now if only he would move TOTAN across the street!

#7462 8 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Nice. I am going to go play that!

#7463 8 years ago

Looks like that 72 Fireball from that estate sale last week is up on CL:

minneapolis.craigslist.org link

As a bonus, it is now in non-working condition.

#7464 8 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Now if only he would move TOTAN across the street!

TOTAN may be moving soon, but I don't know where. Rumor has it Theatre of Magic is coming back to Morts.

#7465 8 years ago
Quoted from jimmytransistor:

Looks like that 72 Fireball from that estate sale last week is up on CL:
" target="_blank">minneapolis.craigslist.org link
As a bonus, it is now in non-working condition.

From the pictures it looks nice but ya can't zoom in soooo.

#7466 8 years ago

who do you recommend for board work. I've got two anypin nvram chips that I need installed, Well sockets soldered in... I don't trust myself right now, as I've only got a cheep soldering iron and haven't done board work yet. I've got no problem removing the board from the machine and bringing them someplace.
Or should I just throw caution to the wind, upgrade my soldering iron and just do it myself?

#7467 8 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

who do you recommend for board work.

People that post here, Borygard, Chris Hibler, etc.

LTG : )

#7468 8 years ago
Quoted from bintzknocker:

Can anyone in the Twin Cities area recommend a glass company to get a custom sheet of tempered glass. Had an incident this evening involving 2 children and the star slugger resulting in broken glass. (Resulted in an angry father but that's another story)
It would have to be custom because it's longer than a normal pinball sheet.

As a follow up (in case anyone cares). I bought a custom sheet of tempered glass from Minneapolis Glass Company.

#7469 8 years ago

As a follow up (in case anyone cares). I bought a custom sheet of tempered glass from Minneapolis Glass Company.

And you took the cash out of the kids' piggy bank. Nice...

#7470 8 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

who do you recommend for board work. I've got two anypin nvram chips that I need installed, Well sockets soldered in... I don't trust myself right now, as I've only got a cheep soldering iron and haven't done board work yet. I've got no problem removing the board from the machine and bringing them someplace.
Or should I just throw caution to the wind, upgrade my soldering iron and just do it myself?

If you are local to me, I will do it for no charge...

#7471 8 years ago

I care...How much?

#7472 8 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

If you are local to me, I will do it for no charge...

Thanks, I'll be traveling to Milwaukee around Thanksgiving, but I'm hoping to get them done before then...

#7473 8 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

Thanks, I'll be traveling to Milwaukee around Thanksgiving, but I'm hoping to get them done before then...

Tim is really the best and an asset to the pinball community.

He did leave out that although he doesn't charge for his services he does like to get a little "touchy feely"......... You've been warned.

#7474 8 years ago

Madison Pinball Fall FLIPOUT – Sept 2015
In keeping with what is now becoming a quarterly reoccurance, Madison Pinball is running a month long full sanctioned IFPA event in Sept 2015 for fun!
Event is worth WPPR points and prizes and trophies/medals

What: Month long tournament for fun, trophies, and IFPA points. Additional prizes from sponsors.

When: Entire month of Sept

Where:
Pooley’s (5441 High Crossing Boulevard, Madison, WI 53590)
AND
Schwoegler’s (444 Grand Canyon Dr, Madison, WI 53719)

Cost: $5 paypal gift paid to [email protected] to enter (coin drop to play at locations). Registration open NOW through the entirity of the event. 100% of ALL entries go towards trophies/prizes for players. You can also pay cash in person to me if you want.

Why: For fun! More local pinball competition! WPPR points for all!

PARTY: What, you said party? YES, as thanks for everyones support in the event following the conclusion of the event we plan to have an awards ceremony on Oct 2nd at Schwoegler's from 7:00-9:00 will be the party. Games will be on free play at Schwoegler's for all participants for approximately 2hours.

Brief Description of event: Same format as last time. Best score format on 12 games in total games with unlimited attempts during the month of June. Players track their own scores, document best scores with photos, and submit all best scores by the end of the event. There will be no playoff for this event (maybe the end of year one we will elect for a playoff, but fall flipout is no playoff)

all details can be found on http://www.madisonpinball.com

please let me know if you have questions.

edit: Worth note that America's Most Haunted will be part of this event and is slated for delivery to Schwoegler's by Friday Sept 4th.
Other games will be those on the main concourse at Schwoeglers and the 4 at Pooleys.

#7475 8 years ago

worth note that both KISS and TWD just had the latest code update put on them.

#7476 8 years ago
Quoted from ChrisS:

Tim is really the best and an ass to the pinball community

FTFY.....

Quoted from ChrisS:

"touchy feely".........

#7477 8 years ago
Quoted from jrockne:

If it isn't done by then, just hit me up on your way through... it shouldn't take too much time at all. I think I have outfitted about 20 machines with these now.... If cats had pajamas, they would have FM1608 stamped on them....

#7478 8 years ago

FYI. I just looked at ye WCS94 on Craig's in Plymouth. Playfield has lots of wear that's touched up. No keys for the machine. He said he bottom dollar was $1800. I didn't even bother making an offer. I wouldn't have paid more than $1200 for it personally and I knew he wouldn't take that anyways.

#7479 8 years ago
Quoted from Foo:

And you took the cash out of the kids' piggy bank

Only fair. They took it from mine to feed their own.

Quoted from janus:

I care...How much

$83 and change.

#7480 8 years ago

If anyone local is serious about my ST Pro, today's the last day to make a deal for a while- going on vacation tomorrow! WooHoo!!!!

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/23068

#7481 8 years ago

Hey Neighbors! I'm looking for a Shadow. Hit me up if you know where you can find one.

Thanks

#7482 8 years ago
Quoted from Hi-Fi:

Hey Neighbors! I'm looking for a Shadow. Hit me up if you know where you can find one.
Thanks

I'm mad that I didn't jump on that one for $3200 a couple years back. Don't come up too often around here.

#7483 8 years ago

At the fair last night with my boy. Got on TOTAN, though I had to wait awhile. Never played one before but sure find the look of it appealing. Loved it. Wish I had the funds to land one.
Had to get on WOZ for the fun of it and the boy got into Mustang for a bit. So glad the fair still has an arcade that features pinball!

#7484 8 years ago

I've got my Avatar listed if anybody is interested. Had a deal set but it fell through. Back on the market. $3300

minneapolis.craigslist.org link

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/ad/24316

#7485 8 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

FYI. I just looked at ye WCS94 on Craig's in Plymouth. Playfield has lots of wear that's touched up. No keys for the machine. He said he bottom dollar was $1800. I didn't even bother making an offer. I wouldn't have paid more than $1200 for it personally and I knew he wouldn't take that anyways.

Thanks for the info, the price looked pretty good till I saw your post. Time to pick up something else...

#7486 8 years ago
Quoted from BlueIrocGuy:

Thanks for the info, the price looked pretty good till I saw your post. Time to pick up something else...

Check out that T2 maybe. I talked to the guy and he said he'd take $1500

I'm not in the market for a T2 though. I was about to go pick it up but I need to sell Avatar first.

#7487 8 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Check out that T2 maybe. I talked to the guy and he said he'd take $1500

Talked to him also. Had the game for 12 years did not know it had batteries. Could be a mess.

#7488 8 years ago
Quoted from pinballnut3:

Talked to him also. Had the game for 12 years did not know it had batteries. Could be a mess.

The pics show factory reset message. So i'm guessing it says that upon each start up.. so probably battery damage.

#7489 8 years ago

I had talked to the guy with the T2. He has never cleaned it, replaced anything, Does not have keys and did not know the back glass came off. He has just been playing it with errors for 15 years. He will not go under 1750 even if there is battery damage. He thinks it is worth 3000 if he cleans it.

#7490 8 years ago

Maybe he could clean it and trade it for a mint BTTF?

#7491 8 years ago
Quoted from foxtj24:

He thinks it is worth 3000 if he cleans it.

Oy! You gotta love those guys!

#7492 8 years ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Oy! You gotta love those guys!

Tell him you'll help him clean it and you'll only charge half of the extra 1500

#7493 8 years ago

Jez...who's the band tonight (Tue.) at the Fair? I can hear them at my house all the way over by Dale and Arlington.

#7494 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

who's the band tonight (Tue.) at the Fair?

R5

LTG : )™

#7497 8 years ago

Just listened to some of it and yeah that was them. I liked the sound of the race cars during the day better.

#7498 8 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

At the fair last night with my boy. Got on TOTAN, though I had to wait awhile. Never played one before but sure find the look of it appealing. Loved it. Wish I had the funds to land one.
Had to get on WOZ for the fun of it and the boy got into Mustang for a bit. So glad the fair still has an arcade that features pinball!

Thanks for coming out and playing with us!

#7499 8 years ago

Parnell,

Doesn't look like he will split things up but you would end up with your waterworld.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pretty-cool-gottlieb-system-3-collection-for-sale

#7500 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Just listened to some of it and yeah that was them. I liked the sound of the race cars during the day better.

Was gonna say "remember the races?" Boy did that sound travel! Made it all the way into the Midway. That's the Midway neighborhood of St. Paul.
Now that was impressive!

There are 20,726 posts in this topic. You are on page 150 of 415.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread/page/150 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.