1A8D593B-9D4D-4652-A21C-9B01511D23CC (resized).jpeg
554F400D-5C3E-4B83-BC64-4EF9FB9789E0 (resized).jpeg
4CF4C989-CE6E-4342-B90E-4FB887C5D6E0 (resized).jpeg
MVIMG_20190820_171420 (resized).jpg
65527303_10220150873427148_2703891979682447360_o (resized).jpg
22448499_1716747395002052_745714275879255409_n (resized).jpg
12107919_10153193842349786_1176609030339450141_n (resized).jpg
Golden Ticket Event Aug 24th (resized).png
There are 20,721 posts in this topic. You are on page 131 of 415.
#6501 9 years ago

Well crap. That sucks.

If D&G or anyone is out money for the shirts - I'd still buy one. Kinda cool to have a shirt for an event that didn't take place. MN pinball inside joke of sorts.

Plus I'd claim that I won the tourney. By a lot. It really wasn't even close.

#6502 9 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Are you cancelling the party and the order for the LE or just the party?

He is on the fence about cancelling the game, so I'm not sure right now. We are going to try to come up with an alternate event for this Sunday so everyone who had planned on attending can still come out and have fun. I'll keep this group updated on that.

#6503 9 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

The Wrestlemania LE Launch Party has been cancelled and will not be rescheduled.

I am sorry to hear that. I know a lot of people were looking forward to it, both the game and the party.

LTG : (

#6504 9 years ago

Sorry for the double post.

LTG : (

#6505 9 years ago

Pretty annoying on Sterns part, especially since D&G does such a great job with these parties! Hopefully some consolation party can be had!

#6506 9 years ago

Double post

#6507 9 years ago

Throw that money at a hobbit and throw a hobbit release party.

#6508 9 years ago

Yeah, I don't know if Stern knows how popular D&G's parties are, and how hard they all work to make them special, and John running them etc., Probably takes some time for Morts to open and staff the back room etc. Just a big fail on Sterns part, HUGE fail.

#6509 9 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Throw that money at a hobbit and throw a hobbit release party.

They have a gold trimmed Medieval Madness coming soon. They were told yesterday that it would be here within in the next 3 weeks, so maybe something will be done with that. Hobbit would be cool too though.

#6510 9 years ago

Well sounds like nothing has changed at Stern, what a low blow. I wonder if the move has anything to do with the lack of communication on their part.

#6511 9 years ago
Quoted from Matt_Rasmussen:

Yeah, I don't know if Stern knows how popular D&G's parties are, and how hard they all work to make them special, and John running them etc., Probably takes some time for Morts to open and staff the back room etc. Just a big fail on Sterns part, HUGE fail.

I doubt they do realize it. D&G always goes WAY above and beyond the standard launch party of format; show up, pay money, play 1 game, qualify in the top 4 or go home. We never thought that was any fun and would never have a launch party if we had to do it that way. It's a launch *party*, it should be special and fun for everyone.

#6512 9 years ago

I know I've had lots of fun John even though I never make it past the first round.

#6513 9 years ago

I'm sorry to hear that John. I've really enjoyed the past release parties, you guys really make them special.

I wouldn't blame D&G if he backed out on the LE. What a mess.

#6514 9 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I doubt they do realize it. D&G always goes WAY above and beyond the standard launch party of format; show up, pay money, play 1 game, qualify in the top 4 or go home. We never thought that was any fun and would never have a launch party if we had to do it that way. It's a launch *party*, it should be special and fun for everyone.

I think we're fortunate here, we have a lot of places that do a lot of events that are just not a tournament. The release parties at Morts are fun, the Pinball Circus is certainly another of those events that don't happen anywhere else. Haven't been to anything at Blainbrook and the event at East Side that I was at was a blast as well, pizza etc. Good times!

#6515 9 years ago

I think we're fortunate here, we have a lot of places that do a lot of events that are just not a tournament. The release parties at Morts are fun, the Pinball Circus is certainly another of those events that don't happen anywhere else. Haven't been to anything at Blainbrook and the event at East Side that I was at was a blast as well, pizza etc. Good times!

I think we are very lucky here. More lucky than people really realize and appreciate. It could easily be the opposite like it is in so many other areas.

#6516 9 years ago

I just wished I lived closer :/

#6517 9 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Drive faster

#6518 9 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

It's only a 2 hr and 19 minute commute one way...where's your sense of commitment? We actually have a guy who lives in Rochester than commutes for most of the events in the cities and that blows my mind. I love pinball, but I can't say I would do the same in his position.

#6519 9 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Well why don't you start something up there then we would have to come to you.

#6520 9 years ago
Quoted from isJ:

Drive faster

I tried that, I have now have warnings in the states of Iowa and Minnesota for speeding.

#6521 9 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

It's only a 2 hr and 19 minute commute one way...where's your sense of commitment? We actually have a guy who lives in Rochester than commutes for most of the events in the cities and that blows my mind. I love pinball, but I can't say I would do the same in his position.

hahaha. I did come to the ST release and LOVED it. Not a big fan of mortimers location....but it was good. I think the release party was moved to the weekends now? Of course after the ST party someone was stabbed in the parking lot....not related to the st party

#6522 9 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Well why don't you start something up there then we would have to come to you.

Ya I would love to. But the vendor up here won't even fix the broken games on route as is, or if you can even find a pin on route. I'd have to start a distribution company

#6523 9 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I'd have to start a distribution company

NOW your talkin.

#6524 9 years ago

Paul has some machines that he'd be happy to get you started with, you could call it North and Paul.

#6525 9 years ago

Paul has some machines that he'd be happy to get you started with, you could call it North and Paul.

or how about The North Paul....get it...North Pole.

#6526 9 years ago

hahaha. I'd be down for that. I have a few on location, we could try and get some at a bar or local place open to the public. All are currently in business breakrooms.

#6527 9 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

hahaha. I'd be down for that. I have a few on location, we could try and get some at a bar or local place open to the public. All are currently in business breakrooms.

But you'd need a city permit if they are for pay so how much would that be per game and what would the split be for the bar. Lots of questions.

#6528 9 years ago

I could just run it from my basement

Maybe I need my own bar? Been thinking about doing that for a while.

#6529 9 years ago

We're down, but not out! We may not have the LE, but we have the Pro and a bunch of other games, so we have gotten approval to change the format and still have a great event that people of all skill levels can have a good time at with prizes, food, cash and more!

https://www.facebook.com/events/1071379542888897/

EVENT DETAILS:
The event will now only be $10 and you can show up as early or as late as you want. From 1:00-4:00 there will be an open FREE PLAY on all the games! Play as many games as you like on anything! White Water will be pulled from the back and Wrestlemania will also be included, so there will be 8 games to choose from. Games will also be on free play UNTIL THE END OF THE PARTY for event participants, including during the tournament. $10 is all you need for a day of good pinball, people, prizes, food and fun!

All event long, there will be a high score tournament on Wrestlemania that will run until the main tournament is over. People can play this is as much as they like for fun or to try to set the high score. It will be regular games and the high score on the machine when the tournament is over will win a Wrestlemania Translite. The game WILL NOT be used in the Survivor Tournament until the final match, so it will always be available for play the entire event.

After 4:00, signing up for the tournament will start. The tournament is going be a Royal Rumble Survivor style where people play in groups of 4 and only person is eliminated each round for maximum play for everyone. Also, anyone eliminated in the first round, goes into a consolation bracket for more games too. Final match will take place on the Wrestlemania Pro to crown the Royal Rumble Survivor!

After 6:00, FREE PIZZA & BEER will be provided like we do during our normal monthly pinball parties!

$5 of each $10 entry will go into the prize pool, the rest will go to cover the cost of games, pizza and beer. There will be other prizes to given away as well including Pinball DVDs (Tilt: Battle To Save Pinball, etc.), Premium pinballs, Summit Brewery swag and more! Event format is subject to change if necessary.

=============================================

Survivor Tournament Main Bracket:
1st = 35% cash & Grand Champion Trophy (Trophy will be awarded as soon as we get it)
2nd = 25% cash & Wrestlemania Translite
3rd = 20% cash & Ricky Rubio Autographed Poster
4th = 10% cash

Survivor Tournament Consolation Bracket:
1st = 10% & Wrestlemania Translite
2nd = 10%

Wrestlemania High Score Contest:
1st = Wrestlemania Translite

WPPR points awarded to all Survivor Tournament participants. If you have played in tournaments before, you can check your IFPA ranking here...
http://www.ifpapinball.com/

=============================================

Pinball Machines on site...
Wrestlemania Pro
Walking Dead: LE
Tales of Arabian Nights (Color DMD)
Lord of the Rings: LE (Color DMD)
Star Trek (Premium)
Attack from Mars (Color DMD)
Addams Family (Color DMD)
White Water (Color DMD)

#6530 9 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

I think we are very lucky here. More lucky than people really realize and appreciate. It could easily be the opposite like it is in so many other areas.

You guys up there are very lucky. Best place we can go has 4 routed to #$%# pins in Iowa City. No party, no get together, just show up and hope for no issues with the games.

#6531 9 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

We're down, but not out!

Looks like you and John have done it again, John. I've said it before and I'll say it again, NO ONE in the Twin Cities does more for pinball then you and John!!

Very nicely done.

#6532 9 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

You guys up there are very lucky. Best place we can go has 4 routed to #$%# pins in Iowa City. No party, no get together, just show up and hope for no issues with the games.

What about Up Down in Des Moines? I enjoy that place. They have 8 pins plus a ton of arcade machines.

#6533 9 years ago

Just found this little tidbit in the skyway

IMG_0902.JPGIMG_0902.JPG
#6534 9 years ago

Tell me more?

#6535 9 years ago
Quoted from TheBrewhouse:

What about Up Down in Des Moines? I enjoy that place. They have 8 pins plus a ton of arcade machines.

I'm not driving 2.5 hrs to play pins. I would like to drink.

#6536 9 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

Looks like you and John have done it again, John. I've said it before and I'll say it again, NO ONE in the Twin Cities does more for pinball then you and John!!
Very nicely done.

Thanks Bryan. I'm sure I can speak for John too when I say we appreciate the kind words. I love people getting together to play pinball and having fun. I am actually really happy with this format too. I think I like it better than a normal launch party actually. This way, everyone gets tons of free play on all the pinball machines, they get free food and beer, they can come and go anytime they please and they can play in the tournaments if they want... but still have a good time and play tons of pinball if they don't want to. Win / win / win / win.

#6537 9 years ago
Quoted from dantebean:

I'm not driving 2.5 hrs to play pins. I would like to drink.

My bad. I saw iowa city and thought those two cities were much closer. That is definitly too far to drive.

#6538 9 years ago

There should be a prize contest for those who dress up in a wrestling costume!?

#6539 9 years ago
Quoted from guyincognito:

There should be a prize contest for those who dress up in a wrestling costume!?

Should anyone show up in costume, I am POSITIVE we could come up with a prize for that! We'll put you down for showing up in your avatar costume.

#6540 9 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

Thanks Bryan. We appreciate the kind words. I am actually really happy with this format. I think I like it better than a normal launch party actually. This way, everyone gets tons of free play on all the pinball machines, they get free food and beer, they can come and go anytime they please and they can play in the tournaments if they want... but still have a good time and play tons of pinball if they don't want to. Win / win / win / win.

I hope everyone appreciates the amount of time you put in, setting up tournaments and launch parties at all the locations you do. I also hope the locations appreciate it as well. I know John and Morts does. And what other op would spend the kind of money on their games that John does? The man truly loves what he does!!

#6541 9 years ago
Quoted from Bryan_Kelly:

I hope everyone appreciates the amount of time you put in, setting up tournaments and launch parties at all the locations you do. I also hope the locations appreciate it as well. I know John and Morts does. And what other op would spend the kind of money on their games that John does? The man truly loves what he does!!

Galvin is crazy, myself and many others have told him that multiple times. I can't believe some of the stuff he does.

#6542 9 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

We're down, but not out!

Glad you could recoup and do something great anyway !

LTG : )™

#6543 9 years ago
Quoted from TheBrewhouse:

My bad. I saw iowa city and thought those two cities were much closer. That is definitly too far to drive.

Hey Brewhouse I see you have added your second pin. 'Atta boy! That didn't take long.
(If I remember correctly) You have the rare combo of plenty of room, not enough pins. Way to go with #2!
What are you considering for #3?

#6544 9 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Hey Brewhouse I see you have added your second pin. 'Atta boy! That didn't take long.
(If I remember correctly) You have the rare combo of plenty of room, not enough pins. Way to go with #2!
What are you considering for #3?

Hey buddy good to hear from you. Yeah i picked up the Fire off CL last week. Really enjoying it. Also earlier this week i added LED lights under the inserts of the Amazing Spider-man you sold me. It really pops now.

I would like to pickup a Taxi but i don't think the wife will allow any more pinball purchases for a little while.

#6545 9 years ago

Taxi's a great game. A classic that would go over well with wife and kids. Affordable too.
Consider contacting John a.k.a pinballplusMN. He's always got games coming and going.
He had a Taxi not long ago,cheap.
It's true what they say about pins, one is never enough. See 'ya!

#6546 9 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Consider contacting John a.k.a pinballplusMN. He's always got games coming and going.
He had a Taxi not long ago,cheap.

JR sold it to Brain (roffels) about 3 months ago

#6547 9 years ago

Does John live at Mort's?

#6548 9 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Basically. He's down there at least 3 days a week cleaning and fixing games. He always has something going on.

#6549 9 years ago

Tomorrow is coming up fast. 24 hours from now, we will be in the middle of FREE PLAY on all the pinball machines at Mortimers! Remember, 1-4 is nothing but free play, the tournament starts around 4:30 but the free play continues! All event long there is the high score contest on Wrestlemania and we've got FREE pizza and beer after 6:00. Come anytime and stay as long as you like!

#6550 9 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

He does. I am trying to help out in a limited capacity (taking care of stuck balls or things that have come loose) but he still makes a lot of trips.

There are 20,721 posts in this topic. You are on page 131 of 415.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/unofficial-wisconsin-minnesota-thread/page/131 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.