(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,474 posts
  • 759 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Tranquilize
  • Topic is favorited by 382 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 104 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 217 votes
    33%

(654 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240502_172901 (resized).jpg
IMG_0826 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0825 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240427_183845_Chrome (resized).jpg
IMG_0159.jpeg
IMG_0160.jpeg
IMG_0158.jpeg
IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Cactus Canyon Remake FAQ (Part 1) Game Information Posted by jfh (2 years ago)

Post #836 Demonstration videos of Topper Shootout mode Posted by jfh (2 years ago)

Post #3286 Leg crimp fix Posted by PM_Jeremy (1 year ago)

Post #9030 Trough fix Posted by PM_Jeremy (1 year ago)

Post #9386 John Youssi’s initial idea sketch for the playfield art Posted by jtaudio (1 year ago)

Post #9938 Game play stream of LE with topper (dedicated topper cam) Posted by joelbob (1 year ago)

Post #10737 Sensor Trouble shooting guide Posted by jfh (1 year ago)

Post #11888 Adjusting inlane guides to minimize ball hop Posted by alveolus (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrmikeman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#78 2 years ago
Quoted from nedry:

Are they still doing the paid upgrade code later? Or is that included out of the box?

No change from what's been announced. The paid upgrade will come later. It's still called a paid upgrade therefore it doesn't come with the game and if you want it, you will have to pay for it. Price and content has not been announced yet either.

#127 2 years ago
Quoted from nedry:

I am confused

Yes but musical tastes aside, as has been stated before, there's currently no way to edit or change sounds/music on CGC games. Either you live with it or don't buy something you dislike.

#136 2 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

If it’s true David Thiel is doing music for this title I’m going nuts.
The man behind Tron, Iron Man and JJP titles - could be lights out.

It's a remake. The music was already done 24 years ago.

David himself posted that his involvement was minimal and that he only "filled the holes" while respecting the original style. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ccr-cactus-canyon-remake-hype-thread/page/114#post-6789911

#142 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

While we wait for unboxing pics which should be here soon —
My commentary added to the FAQ after listening to a recent interview with Josh:
“After Lyman’s passing in January 2022, Josh indicated the project would continue noting how proud Lyman was with what they had accomplished and that he would want the community to enjoy the update.
Lyman and Josh had worked from the Start button backwards (i.e. what the player sees) so all the concepts and much of the code were done. Josh saw first hand how Lyman wasn’t so much a programmer as a director of a movie or conductor of a symphony involved in all aspects of the game. He would put rules in, storyboard art, tweet the rules to the art and then add in sounds working with the art and music folks to ensure everything was timed perfectly. Lyman was committed to ensuring the entertainment value was top notch and that polish, charm and nuisance of choice was important.”

\Hate to be the grammar police but the errors are significant in the way they change the meaning. TWEAK the rules as opposed to TWEET. And NUANCE instead of NUISANCE. Makes all the difference in the world

1 week later
#327 2 years ago
Quoted from raisindot:

I'm on the list to get an SE+ at some point. May I ask how long the "cord" is to attach the topper to the back? I won't have enough ceiling space to mount my topper above the pin and am hoping I can keep on a lower-level table to one side, but that suggest that cord would need to be maybe 4-6 feet long.

Since nobody has received a game with the topper your question is very premature.

However, if it’s like MMr then the cables are just long enough to connect to the boards. No chance to do what you are suggesting unless you fabricate your own extension cables.

#448 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

The manual is truly legit - fold out schematics and all.
No mention of shoot out mode in video display as I thought people were discussing?

Dude.. Really? The official response is literally 10 posts above yours.

#451 2 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Dude really? I was setting up pins not reading today’s posts

Wish I had that problem.. Totes jelly.

What else did you set up other than CCr?

#534 2 years ago
Quoted from sepins:

Waiting for My LE. Don't understand why they couldn't ship them and ship topper later???

No one has said it was a topper issue. The LEs are slated for prodution after the inital run of SEs. They are also not shipping SEs at the rate they wanted to so that tells us that the parts shortage is not the topper. Or at least not JUST the topper.

#635 2 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Anyone know why pinball manufacturers started using these rather than just using the very common and functional mechanical switches were used to?
[quoted image][quoted image]

These hall effect sensors have been in use in pinball for 30 years actually. Examples are TZ, STTNG, MB, etc.

In most games I've seen them used in the inlanes. Probably a physical space issue to put in mechanical switches - like on STTNG with the guns on the slings. Pretty packed underneath.

#638 2 years ago
Quoted from Sonic:

MRS' and Eddy Sensors have been in use since the 90's - and the advantages are contactless registrations as well as, with an eddy sensor, a huge detection field...so for a certain pin this can pose an advantage to the game play - but they aren't cheap relative to a common micro switch....but it's about the application...Hall Effect (not the same as Eddy) sensors are fairly recent in pins - they have a small detection field like a microswitch/MRS - but are more easily mass produced - but again expensive relatively - and offer contactless registration and lower fail over time.....MRS' are passive, Hall Effect's are active...
Hope that helps...
Matt
M&M Creations

Thanks for the clarification. Yes I meant eddy sensors.

#640 2 years ago
Quoted from TheCoinSlotTC:

Now to find a replacement MMR so our CGC lineup can be complete …

If we were in the same country I could help you out with that lol. If my Royal Edition doesn't sell locally I may bring it to Allentown.

#868 2 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

If anyone has it or can get it, I'm looking for the manufacturer and exact color code for the LE PC. I know it's listed as "Gun Metal Gray" in the FAQ but I'm looking for more exact then that so the additional work I have done will be sure to match.
TIA

Trying to pass off an SE for an LE???

#878 2 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Nope, I secured an LE very early on. I do however hate black coin doors when the rest is PC'd... and the shooter housing looks chrome. My OCD can't handle that.

Agree about the coin door. They should have continued what they started with the Royal edition and PC all the metal. However on their website the LE shooter housing is powdercoated. Not sure if that's a mistake or maybe something they forgot with the sample game they brought to the show?

EDIT: The-Hum beat me to it with the picture attached too!

#972 2 years ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

Shaker adjustments? Do I have to enable it?

There is no shaker in the SE.

You have to buy it first, then install, then adjust settings as required.

#1006 2 years ago
Quoted from kapaun:

I almost ordered the backglass from my distributor in December just so I’d have something to show while waiting for my SE. Glad I didn’t.

PPS not following through when they promise parts etc. Say it ain’t so!

#1057 2 years ago
Quoted from red_rabbit:

It doesn't happen often, but when it does, the "seek ball" can't pull it out, I need to turn it off and pull the glass. Annoying...

Why would you turn the game off? Open the coin door to cut the coil power(game won’t ball search anymore), slide glass off, grab ball and put in the shooter lane. Install glass, close door, and go!

#1135 2 years ago
Quoted from Lateralus:

Do you think so, or maybe this is more than a hunch?

What's the point of answering that. If someone says "in 2 to 3 weeks" then something happens with more delays then everybody will get pissed off about being told it would be soon.

Just breath. It'll come.

1 week later
#1458 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Of course if CGC caused the problem by over cranking the strap a crate wouldn’t help …

This doesn’t look like an overtightened strap issue. Game was most likely dropped(while upright either on or off the pallet). May be hard for the buyer to prove he didn’t do that damage for example bringing the game downstairs on a dolly and losing control and have the game bounce the last few steps. It would cause similar damage.

Of course I am not saying this is what happened, just that it may be difficult to disprove after accepting the delivery and signing for it as being in good condition. Hope it all works out.

#1507 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I hire piano movers or those specializing in moving pins if my distributor isn’t doing the delivery.
If you take it off the pallet you can use an Escalara to move it yourself or a refrigerator dolly to move it with help (and straps).

My Escalera was one of the best purchases I ever made. Move my games in and out of the basement by myself all the time. I have all the add-ons as well. Big wheels, big toe plate, electric forklift, pinball lift plate.

#1585 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

The very limited serial number data so far shows about 21 games/week overall, ~35/week in the last month so the rate is improving.
My estimate is full capacity should be about 70 games/week.
The more serial/mfg data we get the better the estimates will be.

If they do have 2 lines going then maybe the second line is producing and stockpiling LEs. That would give you your ~70 games/week.

#1587 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Why would they stockpile anything? They did for a while when they had problems getting shipping boxes but I don’t see any benefit to building and not shipping games. AFAIK there is only one pinball line.

Because they have before. For the Royal Edition they stockpiled and shipped out large quantities as opposed to this way now.

I am guessing that the strapping/boxing they are doing now is slowing them down a lot as opposed to just shoving the game in a regular box. Also, looking at how they are palleting the game now it's hard to see how they could safely attach the topper box. If they don't then it's guaranteed that shippers (I'm looking at YOU FEDEX) would have a greater chance of losing/damaging the topper. What if they are expecting their shipment of regular CGC boxes soon and they are stockpiling for that reason? We have no way of knowing either way unless they release some info. It's just fun to speculate.

#1724 2 years ago
Quoted from JoshieB:

My machine arrived today with a pretty ugly looking box, but I took off half before signing for it and machine seems ok (can't setup until later). Kudos to CGC for their interior packing methods! SN #1460 for whomever is keeping score
[quoted image]

Hopefully by "later" you mean in an hour or 2???

1 week later
#1881 2 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Yes I know that, I’m saying the volume when turned up almost all the way to 28, 30, is still not as loud as my AFM at half volume.

Make sure the speakers are wired correctly. + on + and - on -. If they are reverse wired the speakers will be out of phase and the volume significantly lowered. The manual will have which is which for the wires and the speakers have a + sign on the correct terminal.

#2008 1 year ago
Quoted from tbanthony:

Is the optional Saloon doors add-on still something that is expected to happen? I know very little on the topic, but if I thought I saw Lyman Sheats was involved with it. With his passing which was very sad, I wasn't sure if that was still going to happen.

As gets repeated every 3-4 posts, please read the FAQ. There's a whole section on the upgrade.

#2033 1 year ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

You made an error with the games....i fixed it for you
CGC is currently producing an initial run of 500 SEs, Richard's will sadly be the 500th SE, and the first shipped to Canada.
Followed by the Limited Edition and SE+

Given the shipping costs/hassle now I wouldn't be surprised to hear that P1 gets all their allotment in 1 shipment. SE and LE. Richard may wait a bit longer. That's just my opinion of course. Depends on how many SEs have been ordered for Canada. If it's 5 or less then I think my prediction will prevail. IIRC P1 is only getting around 20-25 LEs.

#2069 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Is it fair? I can't really answer that, but it was a nice perk for past LE customers. My guess is there are so many other challenges getting games built that they don't want to manage this internally.

I think it's fair IMHO. I've bought a bunch of NIB Sterns in the past few years (LEs and Prems). That doesn't give me the "right" to jump the queue. I think number matching should be made available if possible but you get it when you get it. Honestly it makes no sense to allow queue jumping since LE owners wishing to number match will buy the game either way and if they don't, someone else will. Business will not be impacted by this decision. I get the "loyalty program" aspect but the other manufacturers don't do it and business is booming anyway.

Unless CGC wants to start something like the Haggis season tickets where you commit to buy the next 5 games and are guaranteed front of the line delivery. The down side of this is you have no idea what the next games will be yet you are commited.

1 month later
#2890 1 year ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

As far as I know not to customers no. They can’t yet. Waiting on paper work.
Some dealers in Canada (just 2) have them on the floor so you can play them.
Richard

I spoke to a distro and the issue is more complex than just paperwork. "New" electrical appliances have to be inspected/tested for conformity. Once the model is approved for import then there is no issue. First one is always slow as they are backlogged.

https://www.nrcan.gc.ca/energy/regulations-codes-standards/6859

Not sure if the LE model will count as already approved once those ship. Hope so.

2 weeks later
#3390 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Guessing it would be the latter part of this statement...

I just hope the legs can be bent open a bit in my hydraulic press without cracking the powdercoat. I’ll wait for someone else to try it first lol.

#3596 1 year ago
Quoted from galore2112:

Why should this be different for pinball machines?

Because a pinball machine is not a consumer product. It's function(making money on location) is not affected by a scratched decal.

Getting new decals and legs that won't damage them is a fair offer. Replace the defective part and the damaged part. Pinball machines are high maintenance devices and replacing a decal is certainly NOT rocket science! Your distributor should help you out if it's that difficult.

I do find it weird that folks are all jumping on the NIB bandwagon but don't know a thing about maintenance. This isn't a fridge or a tv. Go buy a NIB vending machine and then complain to the manufacturer that there's a small scratch in the paint job. See where that gets you.

1 week later
#3864 1 year ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Is there still an updated code version being released, or is this current code it? (I'm not reading the FAQ because I thought of that question while typing this message. Don't make me do homework teacher, it's the weekend)

It would have taken less time to check the FAQ than explain why you didn’t.

Read the faq

#3995 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

In an ideal world that would be great....not sure how big their factory is and how many unfinished games it can hold?

They did it with MMrRE. Topper controller boards were the issue. Games were built and sat until they got the missing part and then the games just flew out the door.

1 week later
#4370 1 year ago
Quoted from RickyBobby1:

I played an original CC and got a huge kick from the Aliens vs. Cowboys mode. Does anyone know if that mode ever comes up on CCR's finished code or do I need to go back to the original code in the setup menu?

That mode is not and will not be on CCR, even with the additional code that will get released. This is discussed many times in the thread and probably in the FAQ too.

1 week later
#4569 1 year ago

It really doesn’t matter all these discussions. I LOL reading all this whining/posturing from the keyboard warriors.

Reminds me of my kids with “Are we there yet?” Lol

Throwing fits and demanding updates won’t accelerate things. This is so much like MMrRE from 2020. To those who aren’t familiar go read the MMr thread. The situation/complaining is so identical it’s mind boggling. To those who want to spend on something else but worry about having money when the game is available: if you can’t afford both another temp game AND CCr when it does come out then you can’t afford it so don’t do it. Cue next tantrum.

Yes I know I’ll get all the “but it’s disrespectful and unprofessional to be silent” bullshit from the top complainers. You folks really need to take a step back and get your emotions out of it. Any manufacturer needs to sell product to make money. They want to sell ASAP. They’re not being obtuse on purpose or for kicks. And please stop with the “but I’m spending 5 figures on this blah blah blah”. Get over yourselves. We all are spending the same amount. Some of us are mature about buying an entertainment TOY. Some are not. “I want it NOW, NOW, NOW, NOW!!!” Lol

If they don’t provide estimates maybe it’s because they don’t have any themselves for the missing parts.

You know that even if we got weekly updates telling us “not yet”, the bottom line doesn’t change: You can wait for your game, or you can sell your spot.

Cue the downvotes.

1 week later
#4927 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

not stirring the pot ....
the question has been asked but never answered , will there be delays for exports when LEs ship ?
guessing Richard still has not got his game !

If I had to guess I'd say CGC is waiting for the LEs to be produced and that's what they'll submit for approval (full game with all features). The SE would then get automatic approval by being just a sub-model (no topper). Saves money by only getting 1 model analyzed and approved.

This is just my opinion based on what I read for CSA approvals.

#4956 1 year ago
Quoted from toofast:

It really bugs me when people ask questions on a topic or subject that has been discussed multiple times in multiple areas, just because they were too lazy to do a little reading or run a couple of searches.
Thanks again

Like this?

Quoted from Yesh23:

Has anyone heard any rumors of when the LE's might start shipping out?

1 month later
#5607 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Never mind, I just noticed that mine has the really beefy cabinet protectors. Even with the legs bolted on tight, they all pass the credit card test. Now if only I could find the backbox key - it’s not on the coin mech hooks or in the coin box. Small problem for now.

On my MMrRE it was in the manual bag/envelope.

#5651 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Oh contrare. Modded or addon board would rectify that * after the warranty on the machine expires of course *

Oh contrare. CGC has previously demonstrated the ability to block things through HW/FW. Remember the color upgrade for MMr?

#5657 1 year ago
Quoted from Megeant:

I’m in for a SE+ for the topper. There would be fat chance I would sell the topper alone.

The topper is the only difference between SE and SE+ anyway. Why would you pay an extra 1250$ AND wait all this extra time to get your game if you didnt actually want the topper lol.

#5702 1 year ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

How many machines were they making in a week? 40?

40-50 IIRC

#5704 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

...SE+ depositor slowly reconsidering everything.

If they were able to pre-build certain parts (like cabs, PF, etc) they may be able to produce more than 50/week. We'll get a feel for production rates once they actually start shipping within the next few weeks. Pinside nerds love tracking serial numbers

#5713 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

You can stock pile assemblies but only so much due to space - so any 'head start' would be pretty limited. And while prebuilding more stuff than before would allow them to shift work, it can't change your throughput in other areas. Simple example... if they can only QA 20 games a day, it doesn't matter how many assemblies are on the shelf or how much is in the queue.. they are only going to finish 20 games a day.

CGC has never shown the posture of 'now lets speed up' for temporary anything - Let's just hope for a steady reliable stream of quality games.

I beg to differ. CGC did exactly that with the MMrRE. Built them, stored them, then added the missing parts when they received them and then shipped the games. They were coming out way more than 50/week.

Not saying it’s going to happen again, only that they have done that before. This time the missing parts may have not allowed the games to be partially built. Who knows…

#5716 1 year ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

The original MMr machines were built at Stern.

The first 1000 LEs were. But not the other runs like AFM, MB and the later runs of MMr like MMrRE.

#5722 1 year ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

They only made like 380 Royals though. You can get them out way faster with that low of a number.

Oh hell yes lol. I think it's even less than 380.

#5746 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Thought this was interesting... Posted in the Pin a go go thread...[quoted image]

Good thing it’s on special. Imagine how much MORE over MSRP it would be otherwise!!

2 weeks later
#5970 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballGalore:

Always thought this set was cool and wished it was available. This video is from a decade ago :-/

[quoted image]

That set has nothing to do with cactus canyon. It’s Lucky Luke figurines. I see Jolly Jumper (horse), and a Dalton brother.

https://www.amazon.ca/Série-figurines-collection-Plastoy-Lucky/dp/B0747XNZDL/ref=sr_1_1

#6054 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I’m not sure that seems right. If they’re running down the line, won’t the first ones ship soon? How long does an individual game stay on the line?

My guess is PPS gets first dibs on deliveries. Other distros have to wait a bit longer.

2 weeks later
#6703 1 year ago

I got to try an SE in Winnipeg last week (at the Forks). Since I had never played a real CC I figured I should try it since I have an LE on order. I do play the digital version of the original CC on Pinball Arcade occasionally.

Played only 3 games (in 2 days) on it but it was a lot of fun. Humor is good, music is fun, shots/goals are easy to understand (good for my wife). I did find it a bit easy. By the 3rd game I was 1 shot away from starting Stampede MB, with a few Barts defeated and Gold mine jackpots collected already. I can see that I'll get to high noon probably within a few days of setting it up at the house but hoping for some added complexity with the updated code later on. Will still be fun to have in my limited collection.

#6923 1 year ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

I don't know anyone in this world who isn't trying to make a buck.

Wow you must not get around much. I know quite a few.

#6925 1 year ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

I guess not. lol, Everyone I know has a job and some have side hustles as well.

Obviously having a job and making money is important. It seemed however that you were inferring that all pinheads are greedy DBs. I can assure you that's not the case. At least in my area.

#7006 1 year ago
Quoted from hockeymag8:

This thread is confusing - thread blows up for all types of little stuff and yet the LEs are finally announced and relative crickets .

Meh. It's an exact repeat of MMr Royals. People got to the point where they were ready to storm CGC with pitchforks and flaming torches, how the lack of comms was totally unacceptable and an insult to their customer base blah blah blah. Then once deliveries started everybody left the thread to go play with their new toy. Collective memory has been reset.

I am waiting for my game too but for me it's not a race and the delay didn't upset me. I have 5 other games to play with until it gets here. Would be nice to have it for XMas though as the family get-together is at my place this year

#7015 1 year ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

I’d be happy if I get it by next summer or in 2023.

Ummm.. Next summer IS 2023.

#7124 1 year ago

What's with all the closeups that show nothing? Is anyone gonna take the time to just take a pic of the playfield? We want to see those LE perks! RR Tracks, Mine cart, etc

#7160 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

How long until we get measurements and other files to CNC out a wood apron.
Asking for a friend

That didn’t take long. In every new machine thread there’s always at least one that asks specific questions/pics in order to try and turn their machine into a fake LE.

This one is weird though. I really don’t get the appeal/love for the wood apron. I have one on my WOZ ECLE. Meh. I find it looks weird and bulky as opposed to sleek like a metal apron. What am I missing? Why is a slab of plywood so cool?

#7165 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

hey hey... easy there. lol Fake LE, gtfo ...

I've seen it more than once on Pinside

#7286 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Curious. I feel like the ball rolling to the flippers through the inlanes aren’t as smooth as I think it should be. Little bit of a bounce. Anyone notice this?

Make sure the inlane up-posts that block the ball for shootouts is flush with the pf and not slightly high or low. Adjustable from underneath.

If you mean flipper hop then that’s a normal common adjustment. Loosen all the screws of the inlane guide, apply pressure to the guide to “push” it higher than the flipper (towards top of pf), hold and re-tighten.

#7377 1 year ago
Quoted from moonraker:

Where is updates from pinsiders who’ve gotten games ‍♂️ which distributors are next to receive shipment. No videos yet of topper mini game, any issues ect. What’s up

The only people that know what distro is next are the management dudes at CGC. Call your distributor yourself to find out when they are expecting the shipment as they should know. Mine does

If folks have issues this is typically the first place they complain about it so I guess there are no big issues so far. For the topper minigame it's already on Youtube. Been there for months. The mode is hard to get to, lasts only a few seconds, and not everybody has streaming rigs setup. My guess is that it's likely difficult to get on video.

#7395 1 year ago
Quoted from moonraker:

It’s called another person holds the phone wow

You've already been told the topper mini-game is already on youtube and you say you've seen it. How many videos of the same thing do you need to see?? I don't get the request. YOU should film it when you get your game...

Then show us what you meant.

#7434 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

here we go .........

Here we go what?? I mean seriously.

Pretty basic math. They can make about 250 games/month and they have 1250 games to make. It'll take 5 months for everyone to get their game. What's with the damn obsession of knowing the exact day/hour/minute the game is going to arrive??? We ALL want it now but that ain't realistic is it?

Folks show up and ask the same damn question "When will I get my game". They get the only answer that can be 100% true. "You'll get it when you get it and it may take 5 months". WTF more do you want that ISN'T wild speculation???

Call your distro if you want to know. I did and I got an answer. It's probably nowhere near reality but at least they have an expectation.

jfh has been pretty polite IMHO. Yet he gets shit on every turn because he tells ppl to read the FAQ which is pretty clear with production rates and overall time it'll take. Just because you don't like the answer or the FAQ won't change reality.

FFS

#7436 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Wasn't what I was saying, but Thanks .... I'm aware of the math ....

What were you saying then? My apologies for misreading your comment.

#7489 1 year ago
Quoted from undrdog:

Thanks. Didn’t know you could do that with screening.

It's the only way to gradually blend 2 colors without a sharp line. The order in which the colors are applied is crucial obviously.

Pretty much all 90's Wms/Bly were like that.

#7671 1 year ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

Where the hell is Richard's game! I wanna speak to the manager NOW!

Spoke to the distro yesterday. It's not just Richard and his SE now. It's the LEs as well. CGC will not ship games to Canada until they get the certification approval thing. It's related to something they changed in the power supply(compared to previous games) or something to that effect.

No point incomplaining to the distributor as they can't do anything about it. They are as frustrated as all of us are.

#7921 1 year ago
Quoted from srmonte:

JFH,
You have done many great things in this thread for us all. You have my sincere gratitude for that. You have kept this thread positive and upbeat. And you like Lloyd are always happy to assist us all. Your probably a real awesome guy.
But as others have said, you don't need to constantly defend the indefensible. People have every right to ask these questions. And no that does not mean " you can get a refund if your unhappy" what a stupid thing to say to collectors. Especially when they are coming out so much a head before we have the game. Its insulting. Doug said this to me personally. Not an ideal comment to your base.
Is it OK to ask why are the goal posts being moved on us collectors? Guess not. Most moved on from topper gate.
But now still getting nothing in communication yeah several of us are pissed. And again these are pretty basic questions due to the amount of money involved Deposits and so forth. And it is pretty common knowledge, that you do not treat customers like this period!!!

You may not like it but in the end you do only have 2 real options. Wait for your game or cancel your order. Bitching here about it to other ppl who are as pissed off waiting doesn't do anything to make it go faster. Reminds me of my military boot camp days. You'd always get a few that would complain they are hungry, cold, and wet. As if we weren't ALL hungry, ALL cold, and ALL wet. Thanks Capt Obvious!

If you think this will put pressure on CGC get prepared for more disappointment. Asking for updates on a forum of collectors and enthusiasts also won't get you a real answer as the ppl who really know what's going on don't come here to tell us about it. Share your opinion and frustration all you want dude! This is why Pinside exists. Just don't be surprised when you don't get a a positive response to a negative comment. Common sense.

As has been said before on the other CGC club threads, all the blind threats of never buying another CGC have been made before on all the previous releases. Folks come back and buy anyway. Short memories.

#8009 1 year ago
Quoted from big-c66:

That’s great. I’m all about if someone can add to it.

You cannot "add to it" really. CGC is making a more extensive version but that will be it. You will have to pay for it and it includes some hardware. Others can't add features like on the CCC games, which is based on a different boardset.

#8015 1 year ago
Quoted from big-c66:

Ok calm down I should have worded my post a little different. I’m just trying to understand everything with this game before I decide to pull the trigger n buy it. I want to get something before the price jump at the first of the year. Lol

Calm down? Really? Please show me where my post made it look like I was pissed off or excited or anything other than politely helpful?

There are a variety of folks that are here on Pinside and your question could have been related to the fact that Cactus Canyon Continued CAN be added on since it runs on custom boards.

Oh and BTW this isn't a Stern thread... There is no price jump in January. You have all the time in the world to make your mind since CGC aren't shipping right now anyway.

1 week later
#8137 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Frankly, with the small shipment of LE’s and second hand rumor of parts being reworked it’s past time for Ryan to make an official CGC statement on the status of their production/timeline. If distributors don’t have answers the responsibility is on CGC to communicate to their clients.

Or else… what?

CGC will likely remain silent. You should voice your displeasure with them instead. Doing it here has zero impact.

Edit: LMAO at the downvoters. You truly are clueless if you think Pinside runs the pinball world. Enjoy being miserable and grumpy

#8139 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

It’s not “or else” anything. Too much in this world is based on rules and consequences. They all come with a price. Doing the right thing costs nothing.

Doing the wrong thing also costs them nothing despite the rhetoric by some about not buying CGC again.

While being in the “I want to know” camp myself, whether they tell us what is going on or not won’t change the timeline. But yes I’d like to know too.

I’ve resigned myself to “summer 23” now actually.

#8156 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Wrong. There is a $10k future expense hanging in the balance to consider which must be reserved if one wants to eventually acquire the game.

Wrong. With the game being way past it’s original delivery date, you should already have that 10k ready to go if you pre-ordered. Why do ppl have such a problem with not spending money that’s set aside???? If you had the game already that money would be gone anyway. Just treat it that way.

#8160 1 year ago

Right back at ya dude! Go upstairs and ask your mom to make you a hot chocolate. It’ll calm you down.

#8162 1 year ago
Quoted from srmonte:

Thanks for the information. You can now be CFO for this thread. Hell CFO for all of pinside. You clearly know things we don't.
Doug your CFO is really a big step up from your manager.

Sorry it offends you that I know how to manage my personal finances.

#8163 1 year ago
Quoted from jackd104:

Meh, check out concepts such as opportunity cost, time value of money, assets, liabilities.

You should still be making interest on that money that isn’t spent yet, other than the deposit.

#8166 1 year ago
Quoted from moonraker:

Exactly! It’s common knowledge now CGC had piss poor communication can’t make a deadline even in the same year, and makes their customers feel like it’s
Called a reputation and they’ve earned it. Didn’t have to be that way.

Exactly! This is not new and no change from their prior behaviour. It’s a long established pattern at this point with CGC.

What’s shocking and surprising is that folks are still….. shocked and surprised by this.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#8169 1 year ago
Quoted from srmonte:

That's why I'm asking questions. To try to know something.

Nice lol, you really are an upgrade from JFH. You sure told me.

Dude it’s the blind leading the blind here, present company included. Why ask questions to a bunch a frustrated peeps that know nothing as well.

2 weeks later
#8577 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

What paint are you referring to? The lettering on the insert? I’d leave that alone.

Seems worn. Lack of clearcoat maybe? If this is the case it will get worse fast.

1 week later
#8892 1 year ago

I do the same. 6 games. 2 subs. I use 12 and 15” subs though

#8912 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Nope
[quoted image]

LMAO at ppl like this. You are arguing your point based on your opinion. Folks here are TELLING you that it works. I also am telling you that it works as I have the same setup. The sound coming from 1 is no more muddled than coming from 2 different subs. It just gets insanely loud and hard to hear everything but not because it’s on 1 sub.

Oh and it shakes the whole damn house but that’s because I use BIG subs, not the Polk.

#8928 1 year ago
Quoted from RikV:

Don't have my CCr yet, so this applies only to my Stern games (don't mean to hijack the thread); I connect from the line-level header in the backbox (CN5, I think, this is before the amplifier chips), to the input of the mixer then mixer output to the sub (the sub is amplified).
Now the question for the CGC owners and/or electrical schematic readers (I haven't seen any electrical schematics yet)...is there a line-level header that we audio modders can tap into before the amplifier chips on the CGC board-sets? If such a header exists, then monitoring this output voltage level could help identify a low line-level signal that has been speculated to cause some of the low and muffled audio levels on some games (a good place to start looking anyway for games that suffer this condition).

If the board is the same as the other remakes then yes. I’ve hooked up a headphone station to it on my MMr.

#9105 1 year ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

Yeah I always wondered why scientific games allows CGC to have the original Bally name programmed still into the code on the LCD but they won't allow them to use the Williams name on MM or MB? Does scientific games no longer recognize the Williams name?

I would tend to think it’s due to the fact that Wms still exists and is still manufacturing amusement devices (slots).

#9107 1 year ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

I don't know, I just looked it up and Bally still makes slot machines as well.

I did not know that!

#9247 1 year ago
Quoted from pch3727:

You can disable downvotes if you care so much. They are here for the same reason you are, they have a game on order and want to play it.

Agreed. However at this point the silent majority is getting fed up with the 5-6 whiny little infants throwing tantrums all the time. We all know who they are.

They should be quiet and let the adults talk. They might learn something.

Ahhhh god bless the generation of “me me me now now now” folks coming up into adulthood…. Fun times ahead.

#9412 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

jfh has zero clue yet he acts like he knows everything...at this stage all most people care about is when they will get their game...after 14+ months of zero communication from CGC their BS is getting old .... yea yea u can say why don't u cancel your order if your fed up with CGC ...its simple ...I want the game, but I certainly didn't think I would have to wait two years for it

And you constantly bitching, moaning, and complaining on this thread will do.... what?!?!?

It was the same thing 2-3 years ago in the MMrRE thread. Constant whining from you until you got your game. It gets old fast. Just as fast as JFH constantly responding to all the BS posts. You're both the same, but on opposite points of view.

BTW just because you constantly repeat the same thing doesn't make it true. Reminds me of politics - no particular side. Uggh.

1 week later
#9710 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Any word on when our games will leave the US?

Probably sooner than ours even though we are next door lol.

#9814 1 year ago
Quoted from Rockbiter:

Me too, the worry is real as you unbox it to look for a damaged cabinet!
I have what I hope is a really dumb question. Fired up the machine and none of the solenoids work. No flippers, no rough eject, etc. Anyone care to share what I should check first?

Coin door closed?

If yes check the wires on the coin door switch (white switch on left side near hinge).

#9832 1 year ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

It's been awhile since I've even thought about CCR. I think I put my deposit down a year and a half ago or so. Are these LEs going out the door or is there still a lot of delays?

Yes and yes

#9865 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Is anyone else thoroughly confused by CGCs choice to not powder coat the shooter housing on the LE. Sticks out like a sore thumb. I can live with the coin door, but this looks like crap.
[quoted image]

Quoted from jchristian11:

CGC website shows it should be powder coated too.
[quoted image]

I think this is probably a prime example of why you shouldn't run 2 different machines on 1 production line. Even if "it's just a few SKUs to change". they obviously installed the wrong shooter (SE/SE+).

1 week later
#10020 1 year ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Is the new code done by Lyman sheats in the game yet

No. No estimate on when the upgrade will be available. It’s all in the FAQ. 1st post.

#10033 1 year ago
Quoted from RobbyIRL5:

I took the coil stop out (held coil in place with my hand) and it worked. I put the coil stock back in and it doesn’t work. That’s obviously the problem but I can’t understand how a coil stop would cause a coil to stay energized. I feel like I have to be missing something simple. Thank you Lloyd as always, you’re the best!

Coil solder tabs are shorting(grounding) to the flipper mech. You probably installed the coil orientation wrong when you adjusted the flippers?

1 week later
#10120 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Super surprised the thread OP, hasn't popped up about this yet?

First you complain OP posts too much… Now it’s not enough?

Don’t forget he got his game now. He’s probably enjoying CC and won’t be around as much, unlike us Canadian dudes who will hang out here for another 6 months while we wait.

2 weeks later
#10611 1 year ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

Has there been any word on when this new code is supposed to be released…. Now that LE’s are shipping on the regular I’m hoping we will see that coming. Maybe Texas?

It’s more than software. It’s an upgrade kit. People would lose their minds if CGC was building upgrade kits instead of the backlog of games buyers have been waiting for well over a year.

#10774 1 year ago
Quoted from SlapDrain:

Soooo.. A mine that provides gold already processed into bars.. Usually that's called a bank... Or Fort Knox lol.

#10844 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Interesting. I took out one of the screws and checked it in a Williams base plate where the coil stop goes and I thought it was 10/32nds.
Thank you.
LTG : )

Not sure if this was meant as a ioke but…..

10-32 does not mean 10/32nd….

First number is screw size (diameter). In this case #10

Second number is threads per inch. In this case 32.

#10933 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I wouldn't be surprised if this never happens

Now that you have your game you’ve been whining about for ever you need something else to bitch about. Didn’t take long.

The update/upgrade isn’t likely to be available before they are completely done with the CCr builds. This place would collectively lose their minds if they start offering the upgrade before they even finish shipping games that folks have paid a deposit or fully for well over a year at this point.

#10960 1 year ago
Quoted from underlord:

But what of trolling assholes? Rare birds indeed.

We should call them asstrolls.

#10993 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

The beer mug is absolutely OBNOXIOUS when it hits the glass. I'm talking like pinball smacking the glass obnoxious. I put a small post rubber on the beer mug "stem" under the playfield to limit its travel. Trust me, you don't want it hitting the glass.

A lot of us know EXACTLY how "obnoxious" the glass hit is. Don't assume everyone thinks like you and will hate it. Scared Stiff is the same with the critters jumping. Some of us like that THWACK.

#11046 1 year ago
Quoted from moonraker:

What is the width of the head folded down trying to move it into small room 28 inch width

The width of the head is the same whether it’s up or folded down…. About 29 inches.

1 week later
#11377 1 year ago
Quoted from Scoot:

Maybe this has been discussed before and I apologize if so, but I find it perplexing that video mode was only designed for use with the topper. I dig the integration but it should have been available for every model.

It’s not a video mode. It’s a topper mode only.

3 weeks later
#11841 1 year ago
Quoted from ifpapinball:

There's still a good amount of work to be done.
I wouldn't count on it being released this year, but I'm usually a pretty pessimistic dude (it allows me to be pleasantly surprised when good things happen).

Thanks for being upfront and honest about your thoughts, despite the probable tantrums that will get triggered for those Pinsiders with the maturity of a 10-year old. Cue the "but we should get it for free for waiting so long" whiners too.

Yes I am also still waiting for my game and it just doesn't matter. I won't enjoy it less just because it took longer to get to me lol.

#11844 1 year ago

Sounds like something a 10 year-old would say...

Yeah sorry about pre-empting your tantrum.

But in all honesty I was thinking about the small group of Pinsiders that automatically downvote anything the OP posts. Their pettiness is mind blowing.

#11845 1 year ago
Quoted from pch3727:

I haven't heard anyone saying the additional hardware/code should be free...

It's been a recurring theme. Use the search function.

Here's a quick example:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/236#post-7540028

#11847 1 year ago
Quoted from pch3727:

Just did. 1 post in the last three months saying the upgrade should be free. Would hardly call that recurring, also it was far from a tantrum.

I've been reading the posts in this thread since the beginning. It's been quite a long haul. It's been mentioned many times. You don't have to take my word for it, just sit down with a gallon of coffee and read the nearly 12000 posts lol.

As for the tantrum, of course it wasn't. That's why I apologized for ruining the moment where the usual suspects come here to bitch, moan, whine, and complain about how CGC sucks and the wait is unacceptable.

The options have not changed from a year ago. They can either wait longer or bail as more and more are doing apparently. I've considered bailing out of this purchase myself. Not because of the excessive wait but I'm doubting the value of this game when compared to something like FF which looks like a hella fun.

#11849 1 year ago

I hate to have to tell you this but you're the only one bitching, moaning, whining and complaining...

If you say so

#11852 1 year ago
Quoted from pch3727:

and editing his posts after users reply...

I was editing before you replied. But saw your reply after I clicked save. I took nothing out, just expanded a bit.

1 month later
#12468 11 months ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Joined the club today, supposedly it is the last one at CGC, hoping to have next week.

Last one what? lol

CGC is only about half-way through the production queue. Pretty sure there will be over 500 other last ones after this one

#12476 11 months ago
Quoted from epichoff:

Just got the SE plus in today. Topper doesn’t seem to be working. I went into test mode and tested the arms but the silinoid to make Bart go forwards and backwards is not working. Any help would be appreciated.

Make sure topper is enabled in settings.

3 weeks later
#12774 10 months ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

I didn't see this in the stickies...sorry if it has been asked before.
New CCrLE unboxed a couple of weeks ago. All-in-all, no complaints and enjoying learning the game. I assume this is not intended, but sometimes as a ball leaves the pops, a hit to Bart is registered. If this is unintended, any thoughts on what to look at. It is weird that the hit registers usually as the ball is leaving the pops and not as the ball is being bounced around from pop to pop.
thanks,
Darin

This one gets asked about every 2 weeks as opposed to every 2 days for the Lyman code.. Yes it's normal. It's not a "hit" but supposed to be a taunt by Bart

#12781 10 months ago

Hey I've heard that there's upgraded code? Is it installed already? Does it have Aliens vs Cowboys like CCC?

3 weeks later
#13065 9 months ago
Quoted from fixintoplay:

According to the FAQ (assuming it has the latest updates) one question on the list is, "Can the topper be purchased separately?"
FAQ's Karnac answer: "No. The topper is only available by purchasing an LE or SE+ model."
So if you can't buy a topper, it doesn't matter. Or does it?

Just because CGC isn't selling the topper separately doesn't mean you can't buy one from a SE+ or LE owner that doesn't want it.

#13069 9 months ago
Quoted from wrd1972_PinDoc:

I simply dont understand the business decision that CGC made to limit the topper in general. I would think that making as much money as possible would be mission number one, and clearly there is interest for it. Certainly a lot of weird business decisions made with this title.
The LE models could have had a fancier topper that made it truly unique to that model - just like what they do with the pin itself. The LE topper could have had different artwork, hand painting, trinkets etc. Then, the SE+ topper would be some a bit more basic, but it could be made as a sellable option. Sounds like they would be able sell tons of these toppers after the initial purchase of the pin especially since it has its own built in game, and that means more money made.
I as an LE owner would not get but-hurt simply because the topper would be available to all, although as a slightly lesser piece.

Actually the story/decisions do make sense when you consider all that happened at the release. It’s been covered many times in this thread.

1 week later
#13188 9 months ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Is it not odd that CGC is “waiting on the arrival of components to finish the LE builds”? Wouldn’t a manufacturing partner build the entire quantity of a part prior to shipment of the PO or changing the production of their assembly line? Why is CGC waiting on components? They knew they were building 1250 LE’s. It’s not as though demand for CCr LE exceeded their expectations and they had to order more parts.

I just love these armchair CEO analysis'. So many variables in play but you just can't see past your oversimplified way of how things should be.

Maybe the manufacturing partner had issues too and only provided what they could at the time? Maybe they are running behind on their production of whatever is missing? You realize that the worldwide shortage of computer chips is not over yet, right? Things are catching up but still way behind. Maybe the missing component is electronics related? Who knows.

Try to go buy a new electric or hybrid car and you'll find out. Then go on some car forum and demand that Ford or GMC explain to you why they aren't manufacturing your vehicle fast enough.

Seriously though. Do you really think CGC does this on purpose? Don't you think they'd want the GD CCr fiasco off their plate ASAP?

BTW I'm in the "not yet" camp as well. I'm #10 on my distro's list but they only got 5 in the first shipment. It would be nice to get my game before the fall. And yes I rolled my eyes when I heard the latest delay.

#13192 9 months ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Well, I doubt the problem is an electronic part, since the electronic parts in the LE and SE+ are the same. They wouldn't be able to build SE+ machines either, if that was the issue.
Most likely the problem is with the fancy wood aprons, the extra sculpted items, (or less likely) the powder coating - since these are the main differences between SE+ and LE machines.
If whoever is making the "laser branded wooden top and cast metal LE Medallion" for the LE is behind schedule, it would make sense to put the LE's on hold and try to get ahead on the SE and SE+.

Are they still delivering machines? My distro has been getting nothing, LE or otherwise.

I didn’t mean to be insulting. Just pointing out that speculating on why this is happening is beyond pointless and won’t change anything. But I’m all for collective complaining that it’s taking way longer than we thought it would/should.

1 week later
#13304 9 months ago

My game is finally in! Picking up from the distro on Monday(closed tomorrow). Will post the number once I pick up.

#13337 9 months ago

Enable topper in the settings?

#13379 9 months ago

#759 has landed in my basement. Picked up at distro this morning along with the mirrored backglass. Pics once I set it up.

#13395 9 months ago

Sooo... Got the game yesterday. My brother and his daughter showed up before I even had the chance to test play it. I let her have the first game - I NEVER play the first game on NIB. It's usually my wife but this time I made an exception for my niece

Played a few doubles games with my bro. Then supper, then my wife and I played some doubles too. I maybe played 7-8 games in total. Didn't get a chance to play solo.

Then later in the evening my son came by to see and try the new game. He loves it. I could see he was struggling to see all the animations and the topper interaction so I offered to play a quick game where he could just see what's happening. Well.. As I was slowing/controlling things so I could explain everything, the game went a bit long lol. Got to High Noon and completed it successfully. I assumed I'd get there fairly quickly but didn't think it would be within 10 plays on day 1 lol. Obviously all on factory settings with too many EBs. I touched none of the settings - didn't have time! lol

It'll stay on easy for now so that my wife can figure things out and enjoy it. I don't think I'll be playing much until the hardware/new code update package comes in.

Game is beautiful, funny, and FUN!

While playing I also noticed a flaky switch which I'll hunt down today. The game occasionally awards repeated combos but not all the time. Probably a loose opto somewhere. Anyone know what shot triggers the smiling cowboy (sparkle in the teeth)? That's the flaky switch.

#13398 9 months ago
Quoted from Mageek:

The magic sticker we waited a year for that prevents games from bursting into flames outside the USA.
[quoted image]

And the funny thing is they cut a little 4 inch square in the box to apply the sticker. It wasn’t done during assembly.You can see where on mine.

IMG_5986 (resized).jpegIMG_5986 (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#13511 8 months ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

CGC didn’t promise new code for these machines at the time of sale but did with CCr so I’m guessing a few buyers bought with the assumption of this new code.

I think that assuming CGC would release anything before they even finish making the 1250 LEs they promised years ago is premature. While I understand that some have had their games for quite some time and are getting bored with the wait, imagine those who still are waiting for their game. CGC still has about 1/3 of the full run to complete.

#13571 8 months ago
Quoted from ACBC197D:

CCR was the 1st NIB title we bought. JJP was the 2nd. We have not gotten board at all with our CCR SE. JJP plays so much faster and the shots are more difficult IMO, so the game play of Cactus Canyon is a relief at times. CGC makes fantastic quality built machines. Just wish I would a have grabbed a Monster Bash remake back in 2018.

JJP is a manufacturer, like Stern. Jersey Jack Pinball.

You likely mean something else.

#13573 8 months ago
Quoted from midcoastsurf:

I was confused why he was comparing a game (CCr) to a manufacturer (JJP) - wondering if a specific JJP game was being referred to. I know who JJP is

I was replying to the OP, not you lol. I'm thinking he meant JP since he states the shots are hard.

#13645 8 months ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I totally agree on this and was pretty disappointed that we cant tweak the rules like that.

Guys. It’s a remake. The adjustments are the same as the OG.

Maybe the expanded code upgrade will give us more control.

#13690 8 months ago
Quoted from ACBC197D:

You sure did pick a great FIRST pin to start! We did the same, but not an LE. Basement ceiling is too low for toppers. But yes, CC remake is a great shooter and we’re so happy to have it in our collection. Our 2nd NIB was JPP Jurassic Park Premium (NOT JJP… Jersey Jack Pinball. I MESSED THAT UP IN A PREVIOUS POST) and again, so incredibly happy with the purchase. We played both games on location SEVERAL times to make sure we got what we wanted. Enjoy. You’ll eventually have your initials on all records. Just takes a lot of time, patience, and practice.
Welcome to Pinside and a fun, exciting, expensive, rewarding hobby.

Actually ACBC197D you keep messing it up. It’s JP. Period. Otherwise how would you tell the difference between Pro and Prem? JPP and JPP?

Just call it JP Prem.

#13716 8 months ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Please provide a source for this important information

You haven’t heard of PtownPin ?

He’s the Pinside equivalent of the “boy who cried wolf”. He’s in all the CGC threads.

If you want to “guesstimate” a potentially realistic time line, take what CGC says, take what PtownPin says, and average it out lol. It’s somewhere in the middle.

#13721 8 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Nah I just have way too many years dealing with CGC. If anything I've been overly optimistic with CCRLE delivery estimates, and I may have to change my formula from CGC estimates + 12-18 months to CGC estimates + 18-24 months It's been almost two years, and my distributor says it could be another 6 months....sorry, but u cant dispute the facts....one thing I will say about CCG is they have stayed the course and not raised prices to crazy levels, which sets them up in the long run.

With the other remakes they did better. They were super late in hitting production but then it was relatively quick. CCr is just dragging on for f#$% ever.

Sad to hear you're still waiting. Got mine a few weeks ago finally.

#13729 8 months ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Good to hear u got your game. Mine was actually ready about a month ago, but I was out of touch in the Alaskan bush so they pushed me farther down the line, which was fine. CCG was actually slow on the original MMRLE deliveries as well, but most gave them a hall pass because it was their first try at the remakes + they were actually good at communicating with customers and distributors. I think the lack of communication is probably more frustrating than the wait.

The original MMRLE run was built by Stern.

#13776 8 months ago
Quoted from Pinball-Cruiser:

If you have a cactus canyon SE+, what should the model number be, on the back of the machine mine says 14000-SE.

14000-SE+

It’s on CGC’s website.

#13789 8 months ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Yeah maybe a bad description. Not brushed. But not glossy smooth like a normal lockdown more like matte finish. I just wondered if glassy smooth was what they were expecting?

the LE is supposed to be matte gun metal. It goes with the rustic western feel/look.

Definitely not like MMrRE with the gloss powdercoat.

1 week later
#13962 7 months ago
Quoted from LingBot:

I changed my battery last month after 1 year and noticed that since then the game isn't keeping the time in between sessions. I remember this coming up in the past and I can only find reference to someone replacing the board in the backbox. Has anyone else experienced this?

Why would you replace it in the first place? Those 2032 batteries last about 10 years - and they don't leak as they are lithium as opposed to alkaline. Same as in any PC/computer motherboard you own. How often do you replace it on those? Let me guess. NEVER.

You likely did not install it correctly or have gunk preventing good contact. Remove the battery and wipe it down as well as the battery holder. Make sure it's oriented correctly when you put it back in. The engraved text needs to be visible.

Don't take this the wrong way but this is a prime example of unnecessary "maintenance" that ends up breaking a perfectly working game.

#14014 7 months ago
Quoted from Jhiggins623:

You just verified my issue. Topper doesn’t signify an SE+. Just like no topper signify an SE. One could have sold a topper one could have bought a topper second hand.
They should have been labeled such. That’s my opinion

Keep in mind there is absolutely no difference between an SE and SE+, other than the topper. The game is identical. Who cares if a game is identified as SE+ if the topper is missing. It won't be now worth less than an SE.

#14018 7 months ago
Quoted from Jhiggins623:

The difference is production numbers
(SE+1250) and the possible collectibility for some ppl years later.

I think you're missing the big picture. The SE+ is an SE with a topper. Period. There is nothing else different or special about it.

I fail to understand the collectibility aspect you are eluding to. ANY SE with a topper is an SE+. ANY SE+ without a topper is an SE. They are the same game.

1 week later
#14097 7 months ago
Quoted from locksmith:

Thinking of picking one of these up. A lot are for sale lately. I’m hearing the game is fun but on the easy side. What can be done to keep my interests as a good player as in rules or settings. Thanks

Open the outlanes. Change the default setting from extra easy to hard or x-hard. EBs are a big one. Limit it to 1 per game or at least 1 per ball in play.

The game is still easy to shoot. I got to High Noon on ball 1 two nights ago. It happens. I can’t make mine harder because I want my wife to get through the game. Once she does then I’ll likely bump up the overall difficulty setting a notch. She cranks out scores of 100-300M points on JP. She’ll get through CCr at some point soon enough.

#14147 6 months ago

For those annoyed with the ball search. Here is how/when it gets triggered:
- Gun Fight lit
- Start a mode.
- Hit the final shot of the mode as one of the ramps
- Ball will get stopped in the inlane for gun fight
- Animations/callouts for the mode getting completed will play (this is the problem/delay)
- Gun Fight animations will play (ball search starts as well)

If you want to avoid ball search from going off, just randomly flip while the animations are playing while the ball is held in the inlane.

#14152 6 months ago
Quoted from PinPickle:

Mine boots faster than my newer Sterns. Not sure if that’s any indication or not.

+1.

My machines get turned on at the same time. Fastest boot is WPC(STTNG), then CCr, then my P3, then JJP(WOZ), and finally the Sterns.

1 week later
#14189 6 months ago
Quoted from Speck:

Hey all - I picked up a CC this past weekend and have really been enjoying it. I’m clear on everything except there’s one thing I can’t figure out. On save Polly Peril bank robbery it says to shoot the flashing shots. What’s flashing and what am I trying to shoot?

In many modes, you will get slowly flashing shots (increase jackpot value), and fast flashing shots (collect jackpot-end mode).

Bank robbery will light 3 adjacent shots. The 2 bandit accomplices and the one holding Polly hostage. The hostage shot will be flashing rapidly and is the mode completion shot. Shoot the other 2 first to make more points if you so desire.

#14192 6 months ago
Quoted from Speck:

I’m feeling dense. What are the “shots” though. What’s flashing? Is it the ramps lights?

It's fan layout. As any game of that era, all the lanes with 3 small inserts and a big triangle insert at the top is a shot. Ramps, Orbits, whatever.

On this game there are 5 mains shots. The 2 orbits and 3 ramps.

I would have thought it to be pretty obvious when you have strobing lights flashing in the direction you need to shoot. It's more like a strobing in sequence (chase) than just flashing. This is for modes. You can have flashing shots (blinking light) for other things like collect bounty.

You may be over thinking this. The actual inserts mean nothing in modes. Don't bother reading them. They flash in sequence to show you the way. That's it.

1knhcxt5 (resized).png1knhcxt5 (resized).png

#14194 6 months ago
Quoted from Sheev_Palpatine:

Shoot each ramp that has Polly’s name on it until the train stops. Each ramp has a save Polly insert below it. You will notice the train will pause each time a ramp is hit. Once you have hit each ramp enough times the train will go back and the mode is over.

The original post was asking how to save Polly during the bank robbery, not the train.

#14245 6 months ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

I was hoping that they would have some news about their supposed new run of MMr. I've been on a wait list now for 2 years.

Do you really think an update would mean anything at this point? They haven’t even finished CCr and they also have Pulp Fiction on the go. Even if they would still say they expect a MMr run in 2024 would you really believe it?

#14256 6 months ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Finally got High Noon last night! Lookin forward to new code for sure!
Question on the topper game, can you “Win” and if so how?
I typically get to like 18 bad guys…..

just 2 more and you'll have the answer to your question

3 weeks later
#14415 5 months ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

Like ANY nib game:
When you get it:
Check all the screws under the playfield.
Thighten the arms on the Bart topper a quarter turn snug, but not tight enough to break the resin.
Check ALL the connectors inside and out and in the backbox.
Check that everything seems locked down.
Put in new balls, throw away the ones that come with it.
Etc, etc, etc....
I spent a good 2 hours on my game BEFORE I powered it up.

I unboxed mine, inspected the box and cab for screws/nuts but found none, plugged it in, put the factory balls in, and turned it on. No issues whatsoever. Been enjoying it for a few months now.

Not my first NIB btw.

1 week later
#14481 5 months ago
Quoted from rapidflipper:

Quick question about game code. Is the Bionic Bart (mini-wizard) mode supposed to carryover between balls, or end as soon as you drain? My game is carrying over the mode, but something about that doesn’t seem right. Can anyone verify what is expected? Thanks!

All progress on any Barts carries over from ball to ball. Bionic Bart is more involved but this is expected behaviour.

These questions always make me laugh. You answer your own question and then add "this can't be right". Why exactly is that? Is this based on your many years of experience as a pinball game designer?

There are many examples where game play carries over after a drain. A good example that comes to mind is Star Wars (Stern). There are many more.

1 week later
#14524 5 months ago
Quoted from Jhiggins623:

Nothing. First thing I did.

Cabinet speaker included? (Magnet and gap around the metal frame around the speaker cone)

1 week later
#14593 4 months ago
Quoted from Parkman:

Anyone having an issue with the train running during the "Save Polly" action? I checked the diagnosis and the train is running fine during testing it just seems during the game it either moves only a tiny bit and stops or doesn't move at all. The train moves fine on start up calibration. It got me stumped, I checked all the connections below the board and they seem fine.

The train only moves for the train track save polly (center ramp mode). Is this what you say isn't working?

1 month later
#14864 3 months ago
Quoted from Kneissl:

Are the art blades that ship from CGC available anywhere?

Newp. They aren't traditional art blades either. They are hard plastic. They're more like playfield plastics with sikscreened graphics. They are THICK!

#14873 3 months ago
Quoted from jokerpoker:

Play better……shoot faster…..and when you get a serious answer tell me cause I haven’t shot more than 13!

Anticipate. Usually 2 "shots" per side then the other side lights up. Don't wait for it to light up before moving - you won't make it. Sometimes it does a weird pattern and fools you but most of the time the 2 per side strategy will let you get to the end. It stops at 20.

3 weeks later
#15030 82 days ago
Quoted from applejuice:

Didn't think so, unless i am missing some newer super skill shot rule or something? Sometimes at game start it appeared that 1 shot path was lit all 3 lights (instead of each path having the lower light flashing - std), but shooting it didn't make any difference or do anything and they all stayed lit, like i'd completed that path but i hadn't.

As stated by AssaultSuit the skill shot can award a completed mode(shot path), which will light all lights and no longer blinking as that mode is now considered complete. These are the large picture icons in the skill shot (gun, train, etc).

#15096 76 days ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

So when you say kit does that imply there is more than just code that is going to come with it?

This has always been known that there is a hardware component to the upgrade. No we don't know what it is.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Mantua Township, NJ
Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 210.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mrmikeman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town?tu=mrmikeman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.