(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,417 posts
  • 756 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 hours ago by PtownPin
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 218 votes
    33%

(654 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,417 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 309.
#1851 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Now where to put it

He could ditch the couch

#1852 1 year ago
Quoted from cldgin2:

Just ordered my CCRSe. Very excited to get and start modding this very fun machine. I fell in love with it at the Texas Pinball Festival.
Cannot wait!

Nice! Good for you!

Quoted from tdiddy:

In the club !!!
[quoted image]

Wow! Nice set up!

Richard

#1853 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

After getting my hands on a MB CE I now want one of these. Even though I've never played one before. Looks fun as shit and the MB just "feels good". Id imagine this does too.

So true!

#1854 1 year ago
Quoted from alveolus:

I’m kinda surprised there hasn’t been any discussion about this interview. Perhaps because they do not cover much new ground. They did state a little more directly than I recall that they were definitely using parts of CCC. The Polly Peril discussion was new (to me, at least) and very interesting even though much of what was discussed is already in the enhanced code. I’m curious to see if/how much further they develop those modes.
Still, listening to it just make me all the more excited (and a little sad) to be in on the game. ILWT

I liked hearing about the possibility of those ramps in CC. Such a cool concept I wish they implemented.
It was also interesting hearing Lyman’s perspective and listening to him talk about Steve R.

#1855 1 year ago
Quoted from jkashani:

That collection is amazing!

I know right, that beat ass super chexx project is super rare lol, but thank you I appreciate it

#1856 1 year ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

In the club !!!
[quoted image]

What mods you got coming T?

#1857 1 year ago

Of all things mentioned, I liked hearing about the original thought of creating physical ball locks on the train ramp/tracks. That would be much more appealing to me than saloon doors.

#1858 1 year ago
Quoted from J85M:

What mods you got coming T?

I'm huge into model railroading and western movies.....should be some cool stuff rolling out by the end of May .......I'll post updates as we go.

#119 Or Jupiter?.....if you know ....ya know lol

#1859 1 year ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

In the club !!!
[quoted image]

That is a sweet collection! Congrats on the pickup

#1860 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

CGC has shipped around 250 games now. Unless you're in the middle of nowhere, there is a good chance a location near you has one to play. Take advantage of the Pin Map to find one and go give it a play!

Or if you are in any of the 10 western most US states! I guess we are just in the middle of nowhere (pinbal speaking at least)

#1861 1 year ago

Anyone please have any idea when LE's will hit Australia...

#1862 1 year ago
Quoted from MegadethHangar18:

Hard to say since they have not made any LE machines yet. Maybe by the end of the year for Australia????

#1863 1 year ago
Quoted from MegadethHangar18:

Nobody really has a clue....My guess is they start shipping LE's in 2-3 months and then it takes another 6-9 months to get them all delivered.

#1864 1 year ago

Anyone else having issues with the ball getting stuck behind the mine/waterfall area? I removed the tilt bob and have been shaking it free without removing the glass, but it gets stuck each time I play. Mine is an SE.

D281342C-4767-46FC-A088-8FEEE80AA5BD (resized).jpegD281342C-4767-46FC-A088-8FEEE80AA5BD (resized).jpeg
#1865 1 year ago

I haven't had any problems with ball getting stuck. Is your pitch too flat? I have had trouble with ball eject from behind Bart once I turned down eject power.

#1866 1 year ago
Quoted from t_robertson:

Anyone else having issues with the ball getting stuck behind the mine/waterfall area? I removed the tilt bob and have been shaking it free without removing the glass, but it gets stuck each time I play. Mine is an SE.
[quoted image]

Mine got stuck there 1 time. Take some needle nose pliers and slightly bend that guide to fix the issue. I believe it was that exact spot. No issues since.

#1867 1 year ago

Anyone have the thread for the 3D printed in lane protectors? Ty.

#1869 1 year ago

#1529 arrived today! Built on April 21st. Set it up, leveled it, and it played pretty good right out of the box. I made a a few lighting adjustments, and went through all the menus to see the all the options. Definitely like the new menu setup. Played around 15 games and tweaked a few things. I thought the saloon popper was too strong because every time it kicked out, it would hit the right ramp post and kick back into the loop a little. I lowered that coil to -1. I thought my right flipper was a little out of alignment as well. Question here, what is the correct way to align the flippers? The alignment holes seem to be positioned so they are right above the top side of the flippers without the rubber. Is that correct? Also thought the right loop was a little inconsistent. Not sure how that shot should always play out. After making the “MARKSMAN” then “GUNSLINGER” then “GOOD SHOT”, shouldn’t the ball go into the left upper lanes area each time? Then if you complete the mode it turns into a pass though loop shot where you can combo that as many times as you can right? Sometimes a shot to that right loop kicked back into Bart awarding a hit, sometimes it hit the top gate and came back around the entry way. Not really consistent as if the ball guide was off a little. If I could change anything at this point it would be that. Otherwise, game plays great and is very fun! So happy with the experience so far. I don’t think it will be very difficult to beat though as compared to say Ruling the Universe or Battle for the Kingdom in default settings. I guess if I do, I can always adjust the difficulty in the settings but just hope it’s not too shallow. Either way, it’s a fun game to play and a good change up to all the super deep games out there.

00ED5668-0F9A-434B-921D-78CDF87144F7 (resized).jpeg00ED5668-0F9A-434B-921D-78CDF87144F7 (resized).jpeg20AB85DD-6847-4C3F-A77C-DAEAFEACDDE7 (resized).jpeg20AB85DD-6847-4C3F-A77C-DAEAFEACDDE7 (resized).jpegDDD0105F-4C28-442F-9E56-14C6049210C0 (resized).jpegDDD0105F-4C28-442F-9E56-14C6049210C0 (resized).jpeg2ADF20B3-A82F-4599-905A-61C8450F0ACA (resized).jpeg2ADF20B3-A82F-4599-905A-61C8450F0ACA (resized).jpeg0F7CCA80-0B71-44F3-81B4-ABF10E57BB75 (resized).jpeg0F7CCA80-0B71-44F3-81B4-ABF10E57BB75 (resized).jpeg
#1870 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

#1529 arrived today! Built on April 21st. Set it up, leveled it, and it played pretty good right out of the box. I made a a few lighting adjustments, and went through all the menus to see the all the options. Definitely like the new menu setup. Played around 15 games and tweaked a few things. I thought the saloon popper was too strong because every time it kicked out, it would hit the right ramp post and kick back into the loop a little. I lowered that coil to -1. I thought my right flipper was a little out of alignment as well. Question here, what is the correct way to align the flippers? The alignment holes seem to be positioned so they are right above the top side of the flippers without the rubber. Is that correct? Also thought the right loop was a little inconsistent. Not sure how that shot should always play out. After making the “MARKSMAN” then “GUNSLINGER” then “GOOD SHOT”, shouldn’t the ball go into the left upper lanes area each time? Then if you complete the mode it turns into a pass though loop shot where you can combo that as many times as you can right? Sometimes a shot to that right loop kicked back into Bart awarding a hit, sometimes it hit the top gate and came back around the entry way. Not really consistent as if the ball guide was off a little. If I could change anything at this point it would be that. Otherwise, game plays great and is very fun! So happy with the experience so far. I don’t think it will be very difficult to beat though as compared to say Ruling the Universe or Battle for the Kingdom in default settings. I guess if I do, I can always adjust the difficulty in the settings but just hope it’s not too shallow. Either way, it’s a fun game to play and a good change up to all the super deep games out there.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Actually just had a ticket open with CGC to get the official answer on flipper alignment, George instructed me to adjust them so the hole is aligned with the top edge of the plastic part of the flipper as you suggest here - so that is correct.

#1871 1 year ago

I haven’t looked too deep into this, but my game just got a notice to check switch f3 by left flipper? Seems to play ok and I didn’t notice anything obvious when I glanced at it, but not too sure what I’m looking for. Thanks in advance for any advice!

#1872 1 year ago

Also noticed that the game volume is not nearly as loud as my AFM remake. Is there a an adjustment on the amp?

#1873 1 year ago
Quoted from t_robertson:

[quoted image]

I would also try adjusting the top Slingshot (bottom bumper for CC) so that it plays snappier. I have found those to be out of adjustment from time to time.

#1874 1 year ago

Thanks so much for all the support on my Cactus Canyon Alternate artwork!
We still have Translites and Side Blades available - all of which fit both the ORIGINAL and REMAKE Cactus Canyon.
But the Limited Edition 1/8" Acrylics, and Signed Art Prints have sold out (and won't be reprinted).
You can get them here:
https://www.flylanddesigns.com/product-category/pinball-and-arcade-artwork

UPDATE: 131 of the LE Acyrlics have already been shipped, but there are still 19 that we have to ship out (those waiting have been notified). There was a material shortage, but we are supposed to have them next week (thanks for your patience)!

PINFEST in ALLENTOWN: I'll have a bunch of these with me, so if you'd like to see them in person, and you're going to the show, please stop by!

THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!

Cactus_Canyon-social-media (resized).jpgCactus_Canyon-social-media (resized).jpg0-1 (resized).jpg0-1 (resized).jpgCactus-Canyon-Translite-1-social-media (resized).jpgCactus-Canyon-Translite-1-social-media (resized).jpgCactus-Canyon-Translite-11-social-media (resized).jpgCactus-Canyon-Translite-11-social-media (resized).jpgCactus-Canyon-Translite-3-social-media (resized).jpgCactus-Canyon-Translite-3-social-media (resized).jpgCactus-Canyon-Translite-4-social-media (resized).jpgCactus-Canyon-Translite-4-social-media (resized).jpgCactus-Canyon-Translite-5-social-media (resized).jpgCactus-Canyon-Translite-5-social-media (resized).jpgCactus-Canyon-Translite-6-social-media (resized).jpgCactus-Canyon-Translite-6-social-media (resized).jpgCactus-Canyon-Translite-7-social-media (resized).jpgCactus-Canyon-Translite-7-social-media (resized).jpgCactus-Canyon-Translite-8-social-media (resized).jpgCactus-Canyon-Translite-8-social-media (resized).jpgCactus-Canyon-Translite-9-social-media (resized).jpgCactus-Canyon-Translite-9-social-media (resized).jpgCactus-Canyon-on-machine-social-media (resized).jpgCactus-Canyon-on-machine-social-media (resized).jpgCactus_Canyon_Sideblades_2_copy (resized).jpgCactus_Canyon_Sideblades_2_copy (resized).jpgCactus_Canyon_Sideblades_2-social-media_10 (resized).jpgCactus_Canyon_Sideblades_2-social-media_10 (resized).jpgCactus_Canyon_Sideblades_2-social-media_02 (resized).jpgCactus_Canyon_Sideblades_2-social-media_02 (resized).jpgCactus_Canyon_Sideblades_2-social-media_11 (resized).jpgCactus_Canyon_Sideblades_2-social-media_11 (resized).jpgCactus_Canyon_Sideblades_2-social-media_12 (resized).jpgCactus_Canyon_Sideblades_2-social-media_12 (resized).jpg
#1875 1 year ago
Quoted from brian-allen:

We still have Translites and Side Blades available - all of which fit both the ORIGINAL and REMAKE Cactus Canyon.
But the Limited Edition 1/8" Acrylics, and Signed Art Prints have sold out (and won't be reprinted).
You can get them here:
https://www.flylanddesigns.com/product-category/pinball-and-arcade-artwork
UPDATE: 131 of the LE Acyrlics have already been shipped, but there are still 19 that we have to ship out (those waiting have been notified). There was a material shortage, but we are supposed to have them next week (thanks for your patience)!
PINFEST in ALLENTOWN: I'll have a bunch of these with me, so if you'd like to see them in person, and you're going to the show, please stop by!
THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I ordered mine yesterday. Can't wait.

#1876 1 year ago

Ordered mine last week along with the other alt translites you make, Art looks great!

#1877 1 year ago
Quoted from brian-allen:

Direct ordering links are in the FAQ under Modifications.

#1878 1 year ago

Will the side blades still be available in, say, 6 months? Or will they be limited runs as well?

#1879 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Also noticed that the game volume is not nearly as loud as my AFM remake. Is there a an adjustment on the amp?

You can increase the volume on the inside of the door. If that’s what you mean!

Richard

#1880 1 year ago

Yes I know that, I’m saying the volume when turned up almost all the way to 28, 30, is still not as loud as my AFM at half volume.

#1881 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Yes I know that, I’m saying the volume when turned up almost all the way to 28, 30, is still not as loud as my AFM at half volume.

Make sure the speakers are wired correctly. + on + and - on -. If they are reverse wired the speakers will be out of phase and the volume significantly lowered. The manual will have which is which for the wires and the speakers have a + sign on the correct terminal.

#1882 1 year ago

Will do, I’ll check the speaker wiring this evening. Does this game have a amp with a separate controls besides the coin door?

#1883 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Sounds like something might be up with the speakers. The stock setting on mine was half way and that was pretty loud. Had to knock it down a few levels.

#1884 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Ohh. Right!
Let us know what you find!

Richard

#1885 1 year ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:Ohh. Right!
Let us know what you find!
Richard

Mine seems not loud enough as well.

#1886 1 year ago
Quoted from PinRestore:

Will the side blades still be available in, say, 6 months? Or will they be limited runs as well?

Yes. The translites and side blades are not limited.

#1887 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

If I remember correctly there was a software update that fixed a low volume issue with one of the earlier remakes (maybe AFMr?) so perhaps there is a similar issue with CCr. Hopefully someone from CGC can weigh in.

In the meantime, why not open a support ticket and ask?

#1888 1 year ago

Yes, I messaged Lloyd and will do that.

#1889 1 year ago

PinRestore

Quoted from PinRestore:

The Side Blades are not limited, I will keep reprinting them until people stop buying them, thanks!

#1890 1 year ago

Getting "Check switch 77" This is the mine switch but I don't know how to fix it. It seems to be operating normally but the mine does move without the ball hitting it. Any ideas?

#1891 1 year ago
Quoted from hiker2099:

Getting "Check switch 77" This is the mine switch but I don't know how to fix it.

Please go into Tests - Switch Edge, see if it registers on the screen.

If not check for broken wires, is the switch connector plugged in, or in need of adjusting - stuck closed or not closing when hit.

LTG : )

#1892 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Please go into Tests - Switch Edge, see if it registers on the screen.
If not check for broken wires, is the switch connector plugged in, or in need of adjusting - stuck closed or not closing when hit.
LTG : )

I will do this when I get home. Thanks.

#1893 1 year ago

Pretty simple fix. One of the wire labels were blocking the Opto of the mine. Good to go now

#1894 1 year ago

Everyone in the house says it’s just amazing Mando has been dethroned.

02CCB6B6-E660-4046-BFB8-F796A6A929F9 (resized).jpeg02CCB6B6-E660-4046-BFB8-F796A6A929F9 (resized).jpeg16C73EDD-D325-460E-B0B3-99D61B4EF1B3 (resized).jpeg16C73EDD-D325-460E-B0B3-99D61B4EF1B3 (resized).jpeg563B187C-30D9-4288-85EF-1141791002D6 (resized).png563B187C-30D9-4288-85EF-1141791002D6 (resized).png
#1895 1 year ago

Can we see a box that says ... export Canada for Richard ...

#1896 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Can we see a box that says ... export Canada for Richard ...

Haha, that would be nice!

#1897 1 year ago

Got a new GC tonight. Factory settings. Maybe it pales in comparison to those who say they have "beaten" the game, but I'm proud anyway. Still havnt reached high noon......

20220505_224314 (resized).jpg20220505_224314 (resized).jpg
#1898 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Got a new GC tonight. Factory settings. Maybe it pales in comparison to those who say they have "beaten" the game, but I'm proud anyway. Still havnt reached high noon......
[quoted image]

Nice!!!

#1899 1 year ago

Played this at a friends house last week. I was blown away. Absolutely gorgeous with fantastic lighting and incredible attention to detail. Chicago Gaming has really brought this game to the next level.

#1900 1 year ago

So as posted I ordered my se this past Monday, and I got word it will be delivered this… Monday! Is there side armor for this unit like I have on all my sterns or is the way it’s built in that retro Bally style make it impossible?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bristol, CT
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Machine - For Sale
St. Petersburg, FL
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 210.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,417 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/38 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.