(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,405 posts
  • 755 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 36 minutes ago by Fireball3
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 217 votes
    33%

(653 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240308_213009_Chrome (resized).jpg
EC303592-D7CC-41EA-874F-1A7CEE1ECEA6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0547 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 309.
#1451 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadpool66:

We’re able to fix it?

I sent pics to the dealer. Now they start the process of talking with FedEx and then CGC. Who know how long this will take. I feel like it's repairable, but haven't set it up, as I want to leave as is.

#1452 2 years ago
Quoted from Cache_Money:

I sent pics to the dealer. Now they start the process of talking with FedEx and then CGC. Who know how long this will take. I feel like it's repairable, but haven't set it up, as I want to leave as is.

Your stronger willed than me I would just set it up.

#1453 2 years ago
Quoted from red_rabbit:

btw, what did you do with the extra small CC decal that came with the art blades? Just curious for a good place for it...
Cheers,

Haven't figured out what to do with it yet! Still deciding.

#1454 2 years ago
Quoted from jdlang11:

I missed out on the glass version but I ordered the alternate flexible translite. When I receive it I'll post pics. I'm sure it will look good in the machine. Maybe not as good as the glass though.

There actually was no glass version from Flyland designs. The limited edition "backglass" is an acrylic plastic with graphics applied directly on the back. I assumed it was glass and was a little bummed out when it arrived and wasn't. But, it still looks amazing. I'm now torn between this version and the eventual mirrored backglass release from pps.

#1455 2 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

There actually was no glass version from Flyland designs. The limited edition "backglass" is an acrylic plastic with graphics applied directly on the back. I assumed it was glass and was a little bummed out when it arrived and wasn't. But, it still looks amazing. I'm now torn between this version and the eventual mirrored backglass release from pps.

OK....well thats weird I totally missed that. Wondering if any one has the flexible one and how does it look.

I got an email from my distributor about the mirrored one and have that on order. Which ever one doesn't make the cut it will be framed then.

#1456 2 years ago
Quoted from jdlang11:

I got an email from my distributor about the mirrored one and have that on order.

Did your distributor have any info on the new delivery dates for the mirrored backglass in the email? The original “by end of March” date has passed with no update.

#1457 2 years ago
Quoted from Cache_Money:

As frustrating as it may be I think you’re doing the right thing. I wouldn’t want to gamble by accepting it, fixing it and then potentially finding a bunch of unrelated problems. The days where cardboard boxes were enough for a pin are over. If there was a crating option, I’d pay for it in a heartbeat. Of course if CGC caused the problem by over cranking the strap a crate wouldn’t help …

#1458 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Of course if CGC caused the problem by over cranking the strap a crate wouldn’t help …

This doesn’t look like an overtightened strap issue. Game was most likely dropped(while upright either on or off the pallet). May be hard for the buyer to prove he didn’t do that damage for example bringing the game downstairs on a dolly and losing control and have the game bounce the last few steps. It would cause similar damage.

Of course I am not saying this is what happened, just that it may be difficult to disprove after accepting the delivery and signing for it as being in good condition. Hope it all works out.

#1459 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

This doesn’t look like an overtightened strap issue. Game was most likely dropped(while upright either on or off the pallet). May be hard for the buyer to prove he didn’t do that damage for example bringing the game downstairs on a dolly and losing control and have the game bounce the last few steps. It would cause similar damage.
Of course I am not saying this is what happened, just that it may be difficult to disprove after accepting the delivery and signing for it as being in good condition. Hope it all works out.

I am now wondering if maybe it was a vertical impact and maybe the bottom plate of the head unit separating from the sides and rear. You can seen in this photo that the armatures are dropped too far. I don't think the bottom plate was affixed as well as it should have been.

20220416_165348 (resized).jpg20220416_165348 (resized).jpg
#1460 2 years ago
Quoted from AJC3030:

This is the color I'm going with for powder coating
[quoted image]

Definitely want to see this when you have it all powdered and installed should look awesome and unique colour in the lineup too which is a bonus!

#1461 2 years ago

Well I installed my carpet, now I am just missing a CCr.

#1462 2 years ago
Quoted from Cache_Money:

I am now wondering if maybe it was a vertical impact and maybe the bottom plate of the head unit separating from the sides and rear. You can seen in this photo that the armatures are dropped too far. I don't think the bottom plate was affixed as well as it should have been.[quoted image]

How devastating. Hope you get a good resolution after waiting so long for this

#1463 2 years ago
Quoted from polishedball:

Very nice.

#1464 2 years ago

That is incredible!

#1465 2 years ago

So this is how heaven looks like....

#1466 2 years ago

I dig it! Really nice work!

#1467 2 years ago

That really sucks. I’m sorry that happened.

#1468 2 years ago

We’re going to see how different they are.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1469 2 years ago
Quoted from AJC3030:

Can anyone recommend a place to find lollipop style rails that would fit this game ? Either I'm not that smart, or I'm just searching the wrong thing .. probably the first one.

there was a place that used to sell them. I tried to get some a while back, but the guy sold his stuff to cointaker and they never continued with the side rails.
Only time I've ever seen them for WPC games. Think the problem might be you would have to glue them on? I'm not sure....

1b29789be4e0595741faa6486f197785d2b8172a (resized).jpg1b29789be4e0595741faa6486f197785d2b8172a (resized).jpgBally-WMS-WH20-TZ-BSD-Pinball-Flipper-Button (resized).jpgBally-WMS-WH20-TZ-BSD-Pinball-Flipper-Button (resized).jpg
#1470 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

We’re going to see how different they are.
[quoted image]

Is that the CCr version from PPS?

#1471 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Is that the CCr version from PPS?

Yes. No Mirco printer crap for me. So far I see no difference other than dimples for boards.

The Mirco version was 1400 this one was 900.

#1472 2 years ago

Playfield Protectors has nice half moon protectors that prevent flipper button area wear. Link to their Cactus Canyon page in the FAQ.

#1473 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Yes. No Mirco printer crap for me. So far I see no difference other than dimples for boards.

CGC has confirmed multiple times that the physical routing is identical so it would be surprising to hear otherwise.

How does registration and the clear coat look?

#1474 2 years ago

Clear is great. The holes are slightly off but not by much

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#1475 2 years ago
Quoted from Cache_Money:

I am now wondering if maybe it was a vertical impact and maybe the bottom plate of the head unit separating from the sides and rear. You can seen in this photo that the armatures are dropped too far. I don't think the bottom plate was affixed as well as it should have been.[quoted image]

The vertical drop theory makes sense. Anyone know why pinball companies don't affix a shock indicator on the shipping box (so the recipient can instantly see if the shipment was mishandled)?

#1476 2 years ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

The vertical drop theory makes sense. Anyone know why pinball companies don't affix a shock indicator on the shipping box (so the recipient can instantly see if the shipment was mishandled)?

I thought one of the companies did. Maybe Spooky?

#1477 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

I thought it was JJP.

Certainly a good idea.

#1478 2 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

there was a place that used to sell them. I tried to get some a while back, but the guy sold his stuff to cointaker and they never continued with the side rails.
Only time I've ever seen them for WPC games. Think the problem might be you would have to glue them on? I'm not sure....
[quoted image][quoted image]

They look hideous

#1479 2 years ago

Yeah, I didn't want to say it, but I agree. For one thing, they look way oversized.

#1480 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I thought it was JJP.
Certainly a good idea.

JJP has had them in the past, but not on all their games (unfortunately)

#1481 2 years ago

I noticed a small stress Crack that also may reinforce the idea. Top right corner here. This is the top plate of the main body that makes contact with the upper display.

20220417_183725 (resized).jpg20220417_183725 (resized).jpg
#1482 2 years ago
Quoted from Cache_Money:

I noticed a small stress Crack that also may reinforce the idea. Top right corner here. This is the top plate of the main body that makes contact with the upper display. [quoted image]

Sorry this happened

Maybe CGC could send you out a replacement cabinet unless it’s a total loss and they want it back to rebuild

Their quality is solid so I’m sure they will help you

#1483 2 years ago

Quoted from DakotaMike:

I received Ultraman last week. Spooky put two Tip 'n Tells on the box.

#1484 2 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Sorry this happened
Maybe CGC could send you out a replacement cabinet unless it’s a total loss and they want it back to rebuild
Their quality is solid so I’m sure they will help you

All good. Scary first time buyer experience, but I'm rolling with it. First FedEx lost it causing a shipping delay and then this. As for CGC, it would be rad if they helped me out, as they are located less than 6 miles from my house. I definitely want a replacement machine at this point, but with distribution queues who knows what that looks like.

#1485 2 years ago
Quoted from Cache_Money:

All good. Scary first time buyer experience, but I'm rolling with it. First FedEx lost it causing a shipping delay and then this. As for CGC, it would be rad if they helped me out, as they are located less than 6 miles from my house. I definitely want a replacement machine at this point, but with distribution queues who knows what that looks like.

New Machine definitely ! I’m positive they will look after you; CGC has the best Customer Service in the biz

#1486 2 years ago
Quoted from Cache_Money: As for CGC, it would be rad if they helped me out, as they are located less than 6 miles from my house. I definitely want a replacement machine at this point, but with distribution queues who knows what that looks like.

6 miles from you and that’s what happened? Definitely looks like it’s been dropped. 100% entitled to a new game. Don’t cave in just because of production delays. They can easily slot you in.

#1487 2 years ago

I had so much fun playing this game in 2 different locations this weekend. Was hoping I could get it out of my system but all I want to do is join your club!

#1488 2 years ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

I had so much fun playing this game in 2 different locations this weekend. Was hoping I could get it out of my system but all I want to do is join your club!

Come on in. All it takes is money and patience.

#1489 2 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

6 miles from you and that’s what happened? Definitely looks like it’s been dropped. 100% entitled to a new game. Don’t cave in just because of production delays. They can easily slot you in.

I bought it from a distributor located 3 hours away, and drop shipping wasn't an option. The distributor either picked up from CGC or had a shipment come in from CGC (sounded like the former, when I spoke with them to buy). On the 8th, I was told it would be delivered the 11th and set up freight delivery time. On the 11th, delivery time passed, so I called FedEx and they had lost the package. They found the pallet on the 12 in the same town it was supposed to ship from sitting on the FedEx dock. Delivery got moved to the 15th and it arrived bright and early with NO damage to the box. I should inspect the bottom of the pallet a little more for any signs of stress.

#1490 2 years ago

the bottom ones are weird looking (two pieces), the top ones look like lollipop rails just bare metal to me.

#1491 2 years ago

I picked up my game from Automated. Did not come on a pallet. Talking to the guys they said a bunch arrived on one big pallet. No issues when I got it home the game was spotless. Sorry this happened to you. I've been lucky out of 3 NIB pins, never had a scratch.

#1492 2 years ago
Quoted from Cache_Money:

I bought it from a distributor located 3 hours away, and drop shipping wasn't an option. The distributor either picked up from CGC or had a shipment come in from CGC (sounded like the former, when I spoke with them to buy). On the 8th, I was told it would be delivered the 11th and set up freight delivery time. On the 11th, delivery time passed, so I called FedEx and they had lost the package. They found the pallet on the 12 in the same town it was supposed to ship from sitting on the FedEx dock. Delivery got moved to the 15th and it arrived bright and early with NO damage to the box. I should inspect the bottom of the pallet a little more for any signs of stress.

Last time FedEx missed delivery and ‘lost’ a game for me - turned out it was sitting there with after having been run through with a fork lift and they were likely deciding what to do with a damaged high value item. Wonder if they knew yours was dropped. FedEx has been pretty awful for getting games to me undamaged. There have been two other times with them where the box was in really rough shape (crushed, ripped, holes), but the games only had some superficial damage so I was able to keep them.

#1493 2 years ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

Last time FedEx missed delivery and ‘lost’ a game for me - turned out it was sitting there with after having been run through with a fork lift and they were likely deciding what to do with a damaged high value item. Wonder if they knew yours was dropped. FedEx has been pretty awful for getting games to me undamaged. There have been two other times with them where the box was in really rough shape (crushed, ripped, holes), but the games only had some superficial damage so I was able to keep them.

Wow....and this would be your local Fedex I imagine since this was via Game Room Guys and Comstock Fedex location is where it got lost. Do you buy from GRG?

#1494 2 years ago
Quoted from Cache_Money:

Wow....and this would be your local Fedex I imagine since this was via Game Room Guys and Comstock Fedex location is where it got lost. Do you buy from GRG?

There is a FedEx freight depot that I usually deal with, I believe it serves all of the city (including GRG) - if I buy something from GRG I usually just go pick it up. They are very nice and will even load it into the vehicle for you. Much safer than trusting additional shipment from their location. Thing is, you never really know where the damage occurs, sorry about your game! CGC and GRG will help you out!

#1495 2 years ago
Quoted from Cache_Money:

6 miles

Drive it there explain what’s going on

That’s what I would do anyways ….

#1496 2 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

6 miles
Drive it there explain what’s going on
That’s what I would do anyways ….

Same. 100%. I'd make a phone call or 2 and take it there in person.

#1497 2 years ago

I looked in the FAQ and didn't see this. I'm assuming if I want to order an extra set of armor to powder coat, I need to order as if I were ordering for an original CC? Can someone confirm fitment?

Oh, and does CGC use the double sided tape to mount their rails like the originals? That stuff is a pain in the ass.

#1498 2 years ago

looked in the FAQ and didn't see this. I'm assuming if I want to order an extra set of armor to powder coat, I need to order as if I were ordering for an original CC? Can someone confirm fitment?

I effectively asked PPS this question and was given the following part #s for siderails and lockdown bar (didn't ask about legs)

se trim, link below and they do go into a separate long box and need to be ordered separate.

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-01-8993-2

lock down bar
http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-D-12615

#1499 2 years ago

I looked in the FAQ and didn't see this. I'm assuming if I want to order an extra set of armor to powder coat, I need to order as if I were ordering for an original CC? Can someone confirm fitment?

Yes.
I have added an entry to the FAQ with details.

#1500 2 years ago
Quoted from Cache_Money:

This is freight damage caused by the game and skid being dropped quickly straight down. We are already working with Cache_Money on getting his game back to new condition.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bristol, CT
Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

6,999 (OBO)
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/30 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.