(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,397 posts
  • 755 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 hours ago by Menthelm
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 217 votes
    33%

(653 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240308_213009_Chrome (resized).jpg
EC303592-D7CC-41EA-874F-1A7CEE1ECEA6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0547 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,397 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 308.
#4901 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Please tell me that spot is for an LE with matching numbers to the other three …

It sure is, all matching serial numbers

#4902 1 year ago

Is the toppers shootout mode in the game just as a video mode?

#4903 1 year ago

Using one of these on the felt side helps!

https://www.amazon.com/TECKWRAP-Plastic-Squeegee-Scraper-Applicator/dp/B01ALLUTD0/ref=sr_1_5

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4904 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Any official word from CGC on leg gate along with the customers who have had sound issues? or are they radio silent on both topics?

Ditto on sound issue. Issued a ticket, and no word back on that one.

#4905 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Ditto on sound issue. Issued a ticket, and no word back on that one.

How long since u issued your ticket?

#4906 1 year ago
Quoted from MegaFeenix:

Is the toppers shootout mode in the game just as a video mode?

No. See details in the FAQ.

#4907 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

No. See details in the FAQ.

That’s weird it really should be . There is nothing about it that couldn’t be done on the screen they even have the animations for it going on the screen. It would just change to the topper when you have one plugged in.

#4908 1 year ago
Quoted from MegaFeenix:

That’s weird it really should be . There is nothing about it that couldn’t be done on the screen they even have the animations for it going on the screen. It would just change to the topper when you have one plugged in.

Yup. It sucks as I don't have space for any toppers in my game room. It's not a function of "cheaping out". I just can't raise the level of my basement ceiling. In most situations this is fine. Not many toppers wow me. But it sucks when toppers are now coming out with exclusive modes and whatnot. Just bake it into a video mode FFS! Not everyone has cathedral ceilings!

#4909 1 year ago
Quoted from MegaFeenix:

Pretty similar to the “spittoon” mini game in Champion Pub.

#4910 1 year ago
Quoted from MegaFeenix:

The animations show directions, not targeting info. Obviously they could develop another set to use as an actual video mode when the topper isn’t present but the intent was to support topper game play, not add an actual video mode.

Quoted from Yoko2una:

I just can't raise the level of my basement ceiling. In most situations this is fine. Not many toppers wow me.

I’m in the same boat. Not generally a topper fan and I didn’t think to design my game room for them (though it may not have mattered since I had to work around air ducts). I have exactly 85” and hope I can get creative with leg height to have enough clearance for the topper movement. It’s going to be very close.

#4911 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I’m in the same boat. Not generally a topper fan and I didn’t think to design my game room for them (though it may not have mattered since I had to work around air ducts). I have exactly 85” and hope I can get creative with leg height to have enough clearance for the topper movement. It’s going to be very close.

Add me to the same boat. I'm hoping to get lucky and find that the topper fits between my exposed floor joists like Whirlwind and Taxi. SUPER close, but fingers crossed. If it doesn't fit.... guess the topper will stay in the box until I break down and get a more sufficient home.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4912 1 year ago
Quoted from Zukidog:

Add me to the same boat. I'm hoping to get lucky and find that the topper fits between my exposed floor joists like Whirlwind and Taxi. SUPER close, but fingers crossed. If it doesn't fit.... guess the topper will stay in the box until I break down and get a more sufficient home. [quoted image]

I rarely get to brag on my game room, but this is my one chance! My ceilings are 9-1/2'...114". Here's a stereo cabinet I made from a broken IJ cabinet, a Strikes and Spares backglass, and some mis-matched decals I've had sitting rolled-up on the shelf a couple decades. The cabinet is 90" tall.

StereoCab - 2 (resized).jpegStereoCab - 2 (resized).jpegStereoCab - 3 (resized).jpegStereoCab - 3 (resized).jpeg
#4913 1 year ago

This is excellent!

#4914 1 year ago
Quoted from PinRestore:

I rarely get to brag on my game room, but this is my one chance! My ceilings are 9-1/2'...114". Here's a stereo cabinet I made from a broken IJ cabinet, a Strikes and Spares backglass, and some mis-matched decals I've had sitting rolled-up on the shelf a couple decades. The cabinet is 90" tall.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome - so cool! Kids be like, "what's a stereo cabinet?" LOL

#4915 1 year ago

Enjoying mine a lot. Just thought, the theme would be cool with a gun plunger.

#4916 1 year ago
Quoted from gorditas:

Most of my vinyl experience is on cars and airplanes. Things get really interesting when compound surfaces are involved. Feel free to send a PM if you have further questions. I'm happy to help another Pinsider out. You can help the next guy.

I have just unboxed my CCr SE and got it fired up. I am absolutely amazed at the quality of the build and the play! The decal issue should be an easy fix for me, but I will continue to post as it progresses. Thank you!

#4917 1 year ago
Quoted from MWM82:

Enjoying mine a lot. Just thought, the theme would be cool with a gun plunger.

It would be possible to retrofit a Indy or DH pistol without too much difficulty.

Dunno how that would work for the skill shot though.

https://www.pinballlife.com/indiana-jonesdirty-harry-gun-handle-assembly.html
Screenshot_20220819-130716_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220819-130716_Chrome (resized).jpg

#4918 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

It would be possible to retrofit a Indy or DH pistol without too much difficulty.
https://www.pinballlife.com/indiana-jonesdirty-harry-gun-handle-assembly.html[quoted image]

Would it be easy? I'm not sure how you'd wire that up to fire the autoplunger.

A gun like this would certainly ruin the skill shot also.

#4919 1 year ago

Spotted a broken wire when I went to reflow the solder on the Bart ball popper (4 min video).
-Pinball Mayhem Jeremy

#4920 1 year ago

Check out a detailed look at how the topper works and how it's integrated into a dedicated mode on Chicago Gaming Company's Cactus Canyon Remake pinball machine!

Fantastic stuff! Is the new Cactus Canyon Remake topper the best ever?

#4921 1 year ago

Hey folks, I've got a CCr SE that I bought NIB a couple of months ago and I really love it! However, I'm having a problem with the day/date on it. I set the day and date, and make sure it is "turned on" per the Ops Manual (B.6 01, U.4) which is no problem, but I can't get the machine to keep them up to date (no pun intended). The machine shows no error messages at all.

Rather than start a service ticket (I didn't see anything on their website) I thought I'd ask here to see if anyone else has encountered the same problem. I've done some searches on this topic and haven't found anything. The other memory functions HS, HSTD, other settings, etc... are stored and work properly but the day/date stops counting as soon as I turn it off at night.

Does anyone have any ideas on what to look for or what to adjust?
I can't imagine that operators leave their machines running 24/7 and I also can't see them re-setting every machine every day.

Thanks in advance!

#4922 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Check out a detailed look at how the topper works and how it's integrated into a dedicated mode on Chicago Gaming Company's Cactus Canyon Remake pinball machine!

Gotta work harder to keep up with this group ZMeny - Was already posted and linked from the FAQ

Thanks for hosting the stream and making the video. And, yes, best topper of all time!

#4923 1 year ago
Quoted from toofast:

Hey folks, I've got a CCr SE that I bought NIB a couple of months ago and I really love it! However, I'm having a problem with the day/date on it. I set the day and date, and make sure it is "turned on" per the Ops Manual (B.6 01, U.4) which is no problem, but I can't get the machine to keep them up to date (no pun intended). The machine shows no error messages at all.
Rather than start a service ticket (I didn't see anything on their website) I thought I'd ask here to see if anyone else has encountered the same problem. I've done some searches on this topic and haven't found anything. The other memory functions HS, HSTD, other settings, etc... are stored and work properly but the day/date stops counting as soon as I turn it off at night.
Does anyone have any ideas on what to look for or what to adjust?
I can't imagine that operators leave their machines running 24/7 and I also can't see them re-setting every machine every day.
Thanks in advance!

Mine keeps the date and time perfectly. Not sure what would be going on there. Does it promt you to set it each time or it just not show the correct time?

#4924 1 year ago

Ryan says "literally" - literally every sentence.
this has been going on for years, but since the interviews/presentation are always so far apart it always hits me with surprise.

#4925 1 year ago
Quoted from toofast:

Rather than start a service ticket (I didn't see anything on their website)

Left side under SUPPORT - Help Desk.

Quoted from toofast:

I thought I'd ask here to see if anyone else has encountered the same problem.

Not on CCR yet. Change the battery on the board in the backbox. Be sure battery and holder are clean.

Red arrow in picture points to it.

LTG : )

MMRCTRL (resized).jpgMMRCTRL (resized).jpg
#4926 1 year ago

not stirring the pot ....

the question has been asked but never answered , will there be delays for exports when LEs ship ?
guessing Richard still has not got his game !

#4927 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

not stirring the pot ....
the question has been asked but never answered , will there be delays for exports when LEs ship ?

If I had to guess I'd say CGC is waiting for the LEs to be produced and that's what they'll submit for approval (full game with all features). The SE would then get automatic approval by being just a sub-model (no topper). Saves money by only getting 1 model analyzed and approved.

This is just my opinion based on what I read for CSA approvals.

#4928 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

If I had to guess I'd say CGC is waiting for the LEs to be produced

if true than exports could be a looooonnnnng way away !

#4929 1 year ago

Has there been an update to the written rules? I only see the old CC rules updated on 2006.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/pinball/915657-cactus-canyon/faqs/40815

#4930 1 year ago

Any thoughts on the K-mans rumor today that the Lyman code isn’t very deep and doesn’t add much or do we all just not care for now??

#4931 1 year ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

What are your thoughts? You are pinballs most famous topper fan! I am thinking its got to be. Will wait till I play my LE to make that claim.

Quoted from jfh:

Thanks for hosting the stream and making the video.

Yes! Thanks a ton. My wife Tara won the Bart heads thanks to you, CGC and PPS, you guy's rock!

Quoted from transprtr4u:

will there be delays for exports when LEs ship ?

I think CGC should surprise Richard with a free LE upgrade for his amazing patience and always upbeat attitude!

#4932 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I think CGC should surprise Richard with a free LE upgrade for his amazing patience and always upbeat attitude!

agreed !

#4933 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

What are your thoughts? You are pinballs most famous topper fan! I am thinking its got to be. Will wait till I play my LE to make that claim.

Yes! Thanks a ton. My wife Tara won the Bart heads thanks to you, CGC and PPS, you guy's rock!

Haha! I’m good with the SE!
I don’t mind waiting.

Trading my Godzilla Premium for a MINT TZ this weekend. Pumped for that!

I’ll post some pics!

Hope everyone is enjoying their games!

The sdtm stream with Ryan was very cool! Tried to win some cool gear but did not.

Cheers!
Richard

#4934 1 year ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

do we all just not care

I'd vote for that. Look at any game that Lyman added to or fleshed out.

You won't be sorry when it comes out.

#4935 1 year ago
Quoted from Menthelm:

Mine keeps the date and time perfectly. Not sure what would be going on there. Does it promt you to set it each time or it just not show the correct time?

It just doesn't show the correct time. There are no warnings or prompts. I ran it through all of the internal tests and nothing pops up.

#4936 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Left side under SUPPORT - Help Desk.

Not on CCR yet. Change the battery on the board in the backbox. Be sure battery and holder are clean.
Red arrow in picture points to it.
LTG : )[quoted image]

Thanks LTG, I'll try that battery next.

#4937 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Has there been an update to the written rules? I only see the old CC rules updated on 2006.
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/pinball/915657-cactus-canyon/faqs/40815

The rules from the manual (with a few updates) are linked in the FAQ. One of my projects is to reformat the document and update it. Hard to do without my game but feel free to PM with updates and suggestions.

#4938 1 year ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Any thoughts on the K-mans rumor today that the Lyman code isn’t very deep and doesn’t add much or do we all just not care for now??

Yes Virginia, there’s bullshit in Cactus Canyon …

I don’t know why he has such an audience. He’s just stirring up the pot (as usual). I seriously doubt he knows as much as some here and there’s no way those that do (working for CGC or under NDA) told him anything real.

We got a very small taste of what Lyman had in mind in Butch’s presentation. And no way Josh and CGC are going to dishonor Lyman by releasing a ho-hum shallow upgrade. In addition, this is the first real move into DRM/pay for code in pinball and CGC isn’t going to want to screw that up.

I doubt the upgrade will disappoint. I know it will surprise. I’m buying the kit as soon as it’s available next year and I suspect most LE and home owners will too.

Put me and anyone that upvotes in the “just not care” camp.

#4939 1 year ago
Quoted from toofast:

Rather than start a service ticket (I didn't see anything on their website)

In addition to what Lloyd said there’s a direct link in the FAQ.

9A075FA5-DF96-42D6-869C-EED3E1FD47FD (resized).jpeg9A075FA5-DF96-42D6-869C-EED3E1FD47FD (resized).jpeg
#4940 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

The rules from the manual (with a few updates) are linked in the FAQ. One of my projects is to reformat the document and update it. Hard to do without my game but feel free to PM with updates and suggestions.

What link what FAQ?

#4941 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

What link what FAQ?

Go to the first page. At the top, before posts start.

#4942 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I don’t know why he has such an audience. He’s just stirring up the pot (as usual). I seriously doubt he knows as much as some here and there’s no way those that do (working for CGC or under NDA) told him anything real.

I think people take him way too seriously. In my opinion, it’s a great show. It’s fun to listen to pinball content. His show is entertaining. It’s entertainment. Take it for what it’s worth and just enjoy it for what it is. Sometimes he’s right, sometimes he’s wrong. That’s just how it goes.

As for the code, I’m definitely buying it. I have an LE on order.

#4943 1 year ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Josh Sharpe has talked about this on podcasts about 9 months ago. The plan, even when Lyman was alive, was to make it feel like a Williams game. Williams games generally aren't that deep in comparison to modern games.

If you're expecting a modern Stern level of depth, you will be disappointed.

#4944 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

If I had to guess I'd say CGC is waiting for the LEs to be produced and that's what they'll submit for approval (full game with all features). The SE would then get automatic approval by being just a sub-model (no topper). Saves money by only getting 1 model analyzed and approved.

Like I said before, something doesn’t smell right. If this is true why have we never heard of this for any Stern, Spooky, American Pinball, JJP , Pinball Brothers Etc, to my knowledge none of them have said approvals, if so show me the stickers folks, My Alien sure as shit has no such thing.

#4945 1 year ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Haha! I’m good with the SE!
Trading my Godzilla Premium for a MINT TZ this weekend. Pumped for that!

Why did you get rid of your Godzilla? You only had it for a couple weeks, Was it not that great? Or did you buy it for trade bait?

#4946 1 year ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

Why did you get rid of your Godzilla? You only had it for a couple weeks, Was it not that great? Or did you buy it for trade bait?

A buddie of mine bought the Godzilla NIB. He needed cash for something. So I bought it. Just not for me.
Trading the same guy I bought it from for TZ, after much convincing on my part! He didn’t want to let the TZ go.

Richard

#4947 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Approvals can be done with sample games (which already exist). No need to wait for production run games unless they materially changed them to the point the samples are not suitable. At which time, they would have retrofitted a sample game.

#4948 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

In addition to what Lloyd said there’s a direct link in the FAQ.[quoted image]

Hey jfh, thanks very much for the info but I do know how to start a service ticket with CGC, when I said "I didn't find anything" I meant to clarify in advance that I searched through CGC's forum and FAQ's for anyone else having or discussing the same problem. I also read the FAQ post that you put together and continue to maintain in this thread just to see if anyone had mentioned this problem.

I really appreciate the help and guidance you and others have offered but this was my small attempt at due diligence, before I went back to CGC and opened a new service ticket. I have a couple of service tickets with them and didn't want to open a new one unnecessarily.

Thanks for all of the time and trouble you take to create and maintain that FAQ post. I've read every word and found a bunch of useful info in it. It really bugs me when people ask questions on a topic or subject that has been discussed multiple times in multiple areas, just because they were too lazy to do a little reading or run a couple of searches.

Thanks again

#4949 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

Josh Sharpe has talked about this on podcasts about 9 months ago. The plan, even when Lyman was alive, was to make it feel like a Williams game. Williams games generally aren't that deep in comparison to modern games.
If you're expecting a modern Stern level of depth, you will be disappointed.

I'm just curious if it's just an addition to the current code like the current code but with a few modes added or will it be an all new code so that it's a different experience start to finish.

#4950 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I'm just curious if it's just an addition to the current code like the current code but with a few modes added or will it be an all new code so that it's a different experience start to finish.

Extension, not totally new. There’s an entire section on the upgrade in the FAQ including a link to an interview with Josh. Also see the “Completing Cactus Canyon” presentation under “What took so long?”

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

Trade
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

There are 15,397 posts in this topic. You are on page 99 of 308.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/99 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.