(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,417 posts
  • 756 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 hours ago by PtownPin
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 218 votes
    33%

(654 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,417 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 309.
#2851 1 year ago

Has anyone played the original code?

#2852 1 year ago
Quoted from ray3127:

Well, I'm in. Cactus Canyon SE is on the way!
... I also sold down to one game to free up funds for Toy Story... Had a CE lined up, but passed due to the collosal theme failure. (I actually had TWO that came my way, but passed on both... I'm not interested in BEING a flipper, either).
So, that expedited Cactus Canyon plans. Can't wait to receive it! Will post pics once I do.

Same boat here. After getting my Wonka LE and really enjoying the JJP/Lawlor combo, when I heard Toy Story was the next game, I sold my BM66 to make room and generate funds. When the first photos leaked the other night, I hoped that it was purposeful misdirection. I was flying during the actual reveal, and after landing had hundreds of posts to catch up on. What an absolute letdown by JJP. I too was offered a CE spot by my distro, but instead took one of their in stock CCR SE's that I hope arrives by the weekend. I'm so glad that I got to play a CCR on location a few weeks ago, so that I could discover what a fun game it is.

#2853 1 year ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

It is coming yes.
Enjoy your game!
Richard

Thanks!

#2854 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Has anyone played the original code?

Was going to try it but was worried it would reset my total plays and scores, I'm a stickler on my audits for record keeping but will probably try it at some point

#2855 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

I’m considering the same. Which is a shame for CGC because they’ll start missing out on sales/profits if more people become impatient and forgo the + to get the SE. Which is why shipping the toppers out later makes sense too.

My first instinct was to wait for the topper; it is clearly worth it. But the longer time goes on, the less sure I became. I still believe the topper is incredible. But I don't think I'd see an SE+ until next February/March, best case. It wasn't worth 9+ months and an extra $1,250 for me.

The game is so fun as it is; every time I've played it on location I haven't wanted to stop. If I really want a topper down the road, there will be a way to get one (as jfh mentioned). I'd obviously wait for an LE, but decided it wasn't worth waiting for the SE+.

Quoted from gorditas:

Same boat here. After getting my Wonka LE and really enjoying the JJP/Lawlor combo, when I heard Toy Story was the next game, I sold my BM66 to make room and generate funds. When the first photos leaked the other night, I hoped that it was purposeful misdirection. I was flying during the actual reveal, and after landing had hundreds of posts to catch up on. What an absolute letdown by JJP. I too was offered a CE spot by my distro, but instead took one of their in stock CCR SE's that I hope arrives by the weekend. I'm so glad that I got to play a CCR on location a few weeks ago, so that I could discover what a fun game it is.

Congrats! I can't tell you how much I was looking forward to TS... I've enjoyed JJP's other games, like Wonka that you mentioned. Couldn't wait for a TS world under glass........ and like you, I'm still waiting. CCr SE is a BETTER alternative, though, with plenty of leftover $ to spare! Enjoy!!

#2856 1 year ago

I think the toy story pin will be a great shooter and has some nice touches of former Lawlor games. I loved my Wonka , miss it actually since I loved the theme and only sold it to buy another pin that actually fell through, but cactus canyon is such a fun pin that is great for the average player which is myself and most of my friends. For me, this is the pin that stays in the house next to my 1984 Space Shuttle pin. Now it’s all about mods and powder coat for me on this keeper

#2857 1 year ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

Was going to try it but was worried it would reset my total plays and scores, I'm a stickler on my audits for record keeping

Interesting. Hadn’t thought about that. I’m going to try it for sure but probably only for a short time. I think it’s great CGC included it though I don’t expect it to get played often.

#2858 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I suspect anyone who really wants the topper at that point will still buy an SE+, keep the topper, put the topper on their existing SE and sell the NIB game. And, at some point, some fraction of SE+ buyers will sell off their topper.
Shipping out toppers in advance could cause a host of other issues. I’m not a supporter of that idea and would just like to see CGC focused on building the games as planned.

ding ding that is me.

#2859 1 year ago
Quoted from retropins:

We have had our CCr SE for about 2 weeks and love it! I had considered putting money down on a SE plus but opted for the SE. The game is amazing. The completed code adds much more depth and the light show is fantastic. I have no regrets on this purchase. The build quality of this game is top notch and we have not experienced any issues so far that have been mentioned in some of these posts. Maybe we got lucky with this one. The sound on our machine is really good. I had to lower the volume because the speakers were vibrating the machine.

Nice!!!!

#2860 1 year ago
Quoted from polishedball:

ding ding that is me.

What’s the market/demand going to be like for NIB SE’s when the SE+ ships if the plan is to keep topper from that and sell the pin?

#2861 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

What’s the market/demand going to be like for NIB SE’s when the SE+ ships if the plan is to keep topper from that and sell the pin?

Good question....depends on if people think the topper is worth $1250? My guess is many will want it, but time will tell?

#2862 1 year ago

I’m just curious if there will be buyers for the SE that would be flipped after removing the topper from the SE+ package? At what price? $8K, $7K, above MSRP? What will the value of a NIB SE be at that point in February?

#2863 1 year ago

I really appreciate that CGC has kept these affordable compared to competitors. There is more packed into this then a JJP Toy Story LE and the price is almost 3k apart for the SE+.

#2864 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

I don’t think it will hurt the SE market at all.

There are/will be plenty of people that will be very happy without the topper. In this market $8k for CCr is a great value. Some just won’t see the benefit of paying an extra 15% for the topper, which while a great addition isn’t critical to the enjoyment of the game.

#2865 1 year ago

As long as the market isn’t saturated by then... I like the idea of getting an SE now and keeping my “+” order to pull the topper from later. I just don’t want to get stuck holding the bag and take a loss on selling the “nib SE”.

#2866 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

As long as the market isn’t saturated by then... I like the idea of getting an SE now and keeping my “+” order to pull the topper from later. I just don’t want to get stuck holding the bag and take a loss on selling the “nib SE”.

Just wait until CCR goes out of production and distributors work through their inventory....once thats done CCR $ will probably rise across the board

#2867 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Just wait until CCR goes out of production and distributors work through their inventory....once thats done CCR $ will probably rise across the board

Who’s running this show? Doug needs to sit Ryan on the bench.

Send the LEs out now and forward the topper later ffs

#2868 1 year ago

just let everyone have a topper, I for one really don’t care. And I can wait till all CGC’s ducks are in a row, im in no hurry for it, these knickers won’t be gettin twisted. Life’s good

#2869 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Who’s running this show? Doug needs to sit Ryan on the bench.
Send the LEs out now and forward the topper later ffs

I got slammed months ago when I suggested that LE's would be months and months behind....I've seen the CGC movie 4 times and its always the same story. CCRLE is approaching MMRLE wait times

#2870 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Interesting. Hadn’t thought about that. I’m going to try it for sure but probably only for a short time. I think it’s great CGC included it though I don’t expect it to get played often.

I played the original code on my SE and it didn't reset any audits on the game.
The mine on the original code lifts way high up..lol.. looks goofy. The original code is bad, like real bad, which also upsets me when people rate the remake as a "whole" with the original CC.
You really do need to play the original code if you haven't before to fully respect the remakes finished code!
For instance on gold mine Malti-ball, after two made jackpot shots mother load lights instead of having to make all five. No color changing GI, only white Illumination as original game and there are many other things but to many to mention. There's also like less than half the call outs and music as the remake. I guess it was fun just to compare.
The remake after all the upgrades from cosmetics to the code, I feel the game should be considered "remastered " as the remake has been made so much better IMO. Such a great game!

#2871 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Good enough for all the fun I have had for a year+ playing instead of waiting for a machine with a topper. You never know but even a loss of a little is a win for the time with the machine to me.

#2872 1 year ago

I want one of these SO bad. Again, I've never played it I just love the theme.

#2873 1 year ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

I want one of these SO bad. Again, I've never played it I just love the theme.

Just sell me your Monsterbash and then you can buy it !

#2874 1 year ago
Quoted from jetmechinnc:

I think the toy story pin will be a great shooter and has some nice touches of former Lawlor games. I loved my Wonka , miss it actually since I loved the theme and only sold it to buy another pin that actually fell through, but cactus canyon is such a fun pin that is great for the average player which is myself and most of my friends. For me, this is the pin that stays in the house next to my 1984 Space Shuttle pin. Now it’s all about mods and powder coat for me on this keeper

I am taking bets that it doesn’t

#2876 1 year ago
Quoted from AJC3030:

Just sell me your Monsterbash and then you can buy it !

haha no way man, I'm still waiting on a new trans lite and the color upgrade! Great F'n game it is!

#2877 1 year ago
Quoted from Mando:

LEs gotta be soon right ?

Unfortunately it's not looking like that.

#2878 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I don’t think it will hurt the SE market at all.
There are/will be plenty of people that will be very happy without the topper. In this market $8k for CCr is a great value. Some just won’t see the benefit of paying an extra 15% for the topper, which while a great addition isn’t critical to the enjoyment of the game.

I also don't have the MMr topper or the AFMr topper. I'm able to enjoy the game just fine. I have a topper on Halloween but don't have much time to look up at the screen let alone the topper.

#2879 1 year ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

I also don't have the MMr topper or the AFMr topper. I'm able to enjoy the game just fine. I have a topper on Halloween but don't have much time to look up at the screen let alone the topper.

Kinda different here as you play a side game on the CC topper. Jury is still out if that game is going add much to the over all experience.

#2880 1 year ago
Screenshot_20220616-103234_Brave (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220616-103234_Brave (resized).jpg
#2881 1 year ago

Woot, mine just showed up!

20220616_120513a (resized).jpg20220616_120513a (resized).jpg20220616_120617 (resized).jpg20220616_120617 (resized).jpg20220616_121049 (resized).jpg20220616_121049 (resized).jpg
#2882 1 year ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

Woot, mine just showed up!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Niiiiice.

#2883 1 year ago
I'm sorry Richard that you have not received your game yet.

#2884 1 year ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

I'm sorry Richard that you have not received your game yet.

You can ship him your game!
ca-cc (resized).jpgca-cc (resized).jpg

#2885 1 year ago

#2886 1 year ago

Haha!
I was just thinking that!

#2887 1 year ago

Haha!
I was just thinking that!

Question has any other CCR been shipped to Canada?

There has to be more than 1 heading there

#2888 1 year ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Aren’t they all stuck in customs hell?

#2889 1 year ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

As far as I know not to customers no. They can’t yet. Waiting on paper work.

Some dealers in Canada (just 2) have them on the floor so you can play them.

Richard

#2890 1 year ago

As far as I know not to customers no. They can’t yet. Waiting on paper work.
Some dealers in Canada (just 2) have them on the floor so you can play them.
Richard

I spoke to a distro and the issue is more complex than just paperwork. "New" electrical appliances have to be inspected/tested for conformity. Once the model is approved for import then there is no issue. First one is always slow as they are backlogged.

https://www.nrcan.gc.ca/energy/regulations-codes-standards/6859

Not sure if the LE model will count as already approved once those ship. Hope so.

#2891 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I spoke to a distro and the issue is more complex than just paperwork. "New" electrical appliances have to be inspected/tested for conformity. Once the model is approved for import then there is no issue. First one is always slow as they are backlogged.
https://www.nrcan.gc.ca/energy/regulations-codes-standards/6859
Not sure if the LE model will count as already approved once those ship. Hope so.

Nice! Ok. Hope they get it done soon!

Richard

#2892 1 year ago

Nice! Ok. Hope they get it done soon!

what a saint !

#2893 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I spoke to a distro and the issue is more complex than just paperwork. "New" electrical appliances have to be inspected/tested for conformity. Once the model is approved for import then there is no issue.

Hmmmm….I think this explains your delay Richard! I’m guessing the “inspecting and testing for conformity” involves hours and hours of gameplay simply to ensure the pin doesn’t blow up. You may be waiting a while!

#2894 1 year ago

Finally completed High Noon for the first time! Absolutely cool. Love how the flippers go dead once completed.

#2895 1 year ago

In the club

C1C8CF24-C3C0-4109-B5CD-2C831D20BE3E (resized).jpegC1C8CF24-C3C0-4109-B5CD-2C831D20BE3E (resized).jpeg
#2896 1 year ago
Quoted from Spacemanratso09:

In the club
[quoted image]

Serial number and date of manufacture?

#2897 1 year ago

Got it opened last night. Here's the SN tag with date.

20220616_174207 (resized).jpg20220616_174207 (resized).jpg
#2898 1 year ago
Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

Got it opened last night. Here's the SN tag with date.
[quoted image]

Interesting, built a month and a half ago.

#2899 1 year ago
Quoted from jchristian11:

Interesting, built a month and a half ago.

I heard many dealers have plenty SE stock on hand

So it’s possible it’s now sitting inventory

#2900 1 year ago
Quoted from jchristian11:

Serial number and date of manufacture?

I can check when I get home for sure
Found a distributor with 2 I bought the second one after the first one went

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Trade
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,417 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/58 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.