(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,405 posts
  • 755 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by Fireball3
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 217 votes
    33%

(653 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240308_213009_Chrome (resized).jpg
EC303592-D7CC-41EA-874F-1A7CEE1ECEA6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0547 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 148 of 309.
#7351 1 year ago
Quoted from Litedpinballmods:

PDI glass is an etched product, all other products are sprayed coatings. All of the sprayed coatings will fad over time. PDI costs the most, but it is the best.

Whatever. What’s the fade timeline? 10 years? 20? I’ll be planted by then. I’ll enjoy my two for one pricing. Thank you.

#7352 1 year ago

Im so happy LE’s are finally getting delivered.
Although I’m sure you will all get your games before we will in Australia.
Bring on the wait for TOTAN

#7353 1 year ago

Cactus Canyon LE is a fantastic game. Very happy with my purchase. These games definitely point out the lack of creativity in recent titles. And here is another thing to appreciate. The topper shipped with the game. Yes the game is complete at the time of unboxing. So sick and tired of waiting a year or longer to complete my Stern LE’s. CCRLE is bolted to the floor. This non licensed theme has so much personality it puts big box office licensed titles to shame. Great game can’t wait to see what the Lyman code will do to enhance this already great game.

#7354 1 year ago
Quoted from dog:

Bring on the wait for TOTAN

Is TOTAN in the works or is that just a wishlist item?

#7355 1 year ago
Quoted from playtwowin:

The topper shipped with the game. Yes the game is complete at the time of unboxing. So sick and tired of waiting a year or longer to complete my Stern LE’s. CCRLE is bolted to the floor. This non licensed theme has so much personality it puts big box office licensed titles to shame.

And the topper is actually part of the game, not just a money grabbing afterthought.

Agree 100% with the personality comment. I’m not quite sure what it is, but CCr just has it. Classic and timeless themes may not have the sizzle of the latest licensed title but they have the most staying power. Godzilla is the only recent Stern game that comes close but if I had to pick one, I’d still take CCrLE.

#7356 1 year ago

I also agree. It's the personality of the 90's WMS pins that makes them timeless.

#7357 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I also agree. It's the personality of the 90's WMS pins that make them timeless.

Yup!

#7358 1 year ago
Quoted from undrdog:

Is TOTAN in the works or is that just a wishlist item?

Wishlist.

LTG : )

#7359 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Wishlist.

That's good. I couldn’t get wife approval on a second NIB game and I’d die from not getting it.

It’s back to project EMs for me.

As soon as I break my addiction to my CCR.

#7360 1 year ago
Quoted from undrdog:

That's good. I couldn’t get wife approval on a second NIB game and I’d die from not getting it.

If done ... years waiting ...
Wife will have forgotten by then ...

#7361 1 year ago
Quoted from undrdog:

It’s back to project EMs for me.
As soon as I break my addiction to my CCR.

If CGC does end up doing another remake it probably wouldn't be for a few years. They are supposedly doing a small run of MMR SE after the CCR and then supposedly doing a machine of their own. I hear rumors of Pulp Fiction theme.

#7362 1 year ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

If CGC does end up doing another remake it probably wouldn't be for a few years. They are supposedly doing a small run of MMR SE after the CCR and then supposedly doing a machine of their own. I hear rumors of Pulp Fiction theme.

Pee Wee's Playhouse...

#7363 1 year ago

To anyone that wants a knocker cable made, I got enough materials to make 9 of them. Send a PM if you already haven't.

I'll have to tally everything up for a cost. Should only be about $5 to ship anywhere in the US.

#7364 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

If done ... years waiting ...
Wife will have forgotten by then ...

Haha, they may surprise us!

Two games off the line per year Ryan was hoping last October.

Maybe things will change after all the shortages.

Richard

#7365 1 year ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Haha, they may surprise us!
Two games off the line per year Ryan was hoping last October.
Maybe things will change after all the shortages.
Richard

The real question is, any updates on when your game will be able to finally ship?

#7366 1 year ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

To anyone that wants a knocker cable made, I got enough materials to make 9 of them. Send a PM if you already haven't.
I'll have to tally everything up for a cost. Should only be about $5 to ship anywhere in the US.

I’ll take one

#7367 1 year ago

Sorry. Have to brag a second here!

73441D94-075B-4EBF-938A-5B29C1C73F41 (resized).jpeg73441D94-075B-4EBF-938A-5B29C1C73F41 (resized).jpeg
#7368 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

[quoted image]

Looks great!

#7369 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

I'd LOVE toy play your linked NBAFB's

#7370 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

[quoted image]

What’s the mini pinball table on the left?

#7371 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

What’s the mini pinball table on the left?

Foxy Lady by Game Plan.

#7372 1 year ago

Way to go LTG! Foxy Lady. Thanks you guys! Didn’t (well sorta) mean to stir the pot but thanks! Yeah, those (now) linked NBA Fastbreaks are the bomb! Took a while to get that setup going, but worth it. What a rush that is.

#7373 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Way to go LTG! Foxy Lady.

Heaven forbid anybody check out your collection and pick it out.

#7374 1 year ago

To make sure pinside gets their cut, I put the knocker harness for sale in the pinside shop.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1339-modley-crue/07479-chicago-gaming-company-knocker-cable

5 packages will be out the door this week. Will get around to making more of them next weekend.

#7375 1 year ago

Where is updates from pinsiders who’ve gotten games ‍♂️ which distributors are next to receive shipment. No videos yet of topper mini game, any issues ect. What’s up

#7376 1 year ago
Quoted from moonraker:

Where is updates from pinsiders who’ve gotten games ‍♂️ which distributors are next to receive shipment. No videos yet of topper mini game, any issues ect. What’s up

They must be too busy playing them, I guess.

#7377 1 year ago
Quoted from moonraker:

The only people that know what distro is next are the management dudes at CGC. Call your distributor yourself to find out when they are expecting the shipment as they should know. Mine does

If folks have issues this is typically the first place they complain about it so I guess there are no big issues so far. For the topper minigame it's already on Youtube. Been there for months. The mode is hard to get to, lasts only a few seconds, and not everybody has streaming rigs setup. My guess is that it's likely difficult to get on video.

#7378 1 year ago

The topper mini game is ok, but nothing to get real excited about. To access you shoot the beer mug 10 times and the second time at 30 mug hits. These values are both adjustable in the settings. Mode is call shootout. Once activated, the playfield goes dark and the screen says shootout. The topper is activated.
Use the flippers to move the LED right and left to highlight a window a bad guy is in. Haven't beat it yet, gotten 5-6 bad guys. Once done the playfield lights up and the ball kicks back out, really without warning.

here's the flip-n-out video of the topper.

#7379 1 year ago
Quoted from moonraker:

What new info would you like?

The topper is already known and understood. https://www.knapparcade.org/post/detailed-pictures-video-of-the-cgc-cactus-canyon-remake-topper

Until someone like Butch at CGC tells us the real skinny on changes next year at some show.. you're unlikely to see deltas.

#7380 1 year ago

Yes seem that topper
Video from flipping
Out. Figured a few pinsiders with phones would get more video no need to stream. Very easy to do.

#7381 1 year ago
Quoted from moonraker:

Where is updates from pinsiders who’ve gotten games ‍♂️ which distributors are next to receive shipment. No videos yet of topper mini game, any issues

There is no public master list of which distributors will get which batches when. See more in the FAQ.

Quoted from flynnibus:

What new info would you like?
The topper is already known and understood.

Good point. Not sure what else there is to know.

The Knapp article is just my pics and video from TPF originally posted here and in the FAQ.

Butch has some additional detail on the topper in his presentation (also in the FAQ).

#7382 1 year ago
Quoted from moonraker:

Yes seem that topper
Video from flipping
Out. Figured a few pinsiders with phones would get more video no need to stream. Very easy to do.

How is it easy to hold the phone and play the mini game? I'd like to see a video of this.

#7383 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

The mode is hard to get to, lasts only a few seconds, and not everybody has streaming rigs setup. My guess is that it's likely difficult to get on video.

Without a professional setup, very hard. Even when you know it’s coming.

#7384 1 year ago
Quoted from chillme:

How is it easy to hold the phone and play the mini game? I'd like to see a video of this.

LOL!

Laughing while drinking Diet Coke requires a subsequent keyboard cleanup …

#7385 1 year ago

This is probably not going to go over well, but I'll say it. The topper mini game looks pretty blah.....
The topper itself is well done and looks great. Just the fact that Bart moves and is interactive is pretty awesome, but I see the mini game getting old quite fast.

#7386 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

This is probably not going to go over well, but I'll say it. The topper mini game looks pretty blah.....
The topper itself is well done and looks great. Just the fact that Bart moves and is interactive is pretty awesome, but I see the mini game getting old quite fast.

I dont think that's the point.

I think the point is, that it's interactive at all, and integrated into the existing code.

Everyone has expensive static displays. I can throw an old shoe box on top of a game and probably sell it....

This makes it somewhat ground breaking.

#7387 1 year ago

Had two really good Showdowns, one of which felt like it went on forever ha ha

BadGuys (resized).jpegBadGuys (resized).jpeg
#7388 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I dont think that's the point.
I think the point is, that it's interactive at all, and integrated into the existing code.
Everyone has expensive static displays. I can throw an old shoe box on top of a game and probably sell it....
This makes it somewhat ground breaking.

I don't disagree with anything you've said here. My point was, that to me, it doesn't look very fun. Especially over a longer period of ownership. I think many people will tire of it once the newness wears off. That said, I've been wrong about many many many things before.

#7389 1 year ago

I like the interaction the topper provides during the game, but the mini game itself is more of a rude interruption in the flow.

#7390 1 year ago
Quoted from chillme:

I like the interaction the topper provides during the game, but the mini game itself is more of a rude interruption in the flow.

Well, the interruption isn’t any worse than a 90’s video mode.

I agree that the topper may get old but I’d still rather have it than not. It’s not like the current topper mode runs all that often but it does add character to the game.

#7391 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Well, the interruption isn’t any worse than a 90’s video mode.
I agree that the topper may get old but I’d still rather have it than not. It’s not like the current topper mode runs all that often but it does add character to the game.

So you're implying that the Lyman code will have more topper integration?

#7392 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

So you're implying that the Lyman code will have much more topper integration?

Poor choice of words on my part. While I hope the upgrade will add code for the topper I have no such knowledge.

#7393 1 year ago
Quoted from chillme:

It’s called another person holds the phone wow

#7394 1 year ago
Quoted from moonraker:

***removed snarky comment because it's unnecessary to inflame situations.***

Edit for clarification - I would totally take the video and be happy to provide more content to the community, but I've have zero time to even enjoy a game at this point. Maybe others are in a different boat. Between work and the holidays, life is just a bit more demanding right now.

#7395 1 year ago
Quoted from moonraker:

You've already been told the topper mini-game is already on youtube and you say you've seen it. How many videos of the same thing do you need to see?? I don't get the request. YOU should film it when you get your game...

Then show us what you meant.

#7396 1 year ago

Meh...I took vid of the topper mode and it sucked. It really didn't help. The video posted above is much better than what I did with the phone. I think a separate gun to use during the mode to shoot at the topper would be more fun. (I'm half kidding)

#7397 1 year ago

You guys are pretty obtuse. Moonraker isn’t in left field here. The games that recently shipped are production units not prototypes and we’ve been told Ryan made sure to rework whatever parts were LE specific to ensure quality and performance. Maybe video of the full end user topper play isn’t such a crazy request.

#7398 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

You guys are pretty obtuse. Moonraker isn’t in left field here. The games that recently shipped are production units not prototypes and we’ve been told Ryan made sure to rework whatever parts were LE specific to ensure quality and performance. Maybe video of the full end user topper play isn’t such a crazy request.

I honestly would if I had the time and resources. I just don't at this time. Maybe someone else can help out, or if I find time and can figure out a recording device later tonight I'll give it a whirl.

#7399 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Thanks yeah just figured it would be a thing people would want to do to check all is well with revision and show coolness no biggie

#7400 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Moonraker isn’t in left field here. The games that recently shipped are production units not prototypes and we’ve been told Ryan made sure to rework whatever parts were LE specific to ensure quality and performance. Maybe video of the full end user topper play isn’t such a crazy request.

Yes, they will technically be different since the existing videos show the 3D printed prototype arms. But there isn’t going to be any substantive difference and I doubt most people would notice the change. The code driving the topper hasn’t changed so the action during game play won’t either. And I doubt we would be able to see any changes made for performance since those are almost certainly not visible.

If we had video of the topper in action with the original (too long) production arms, I’d agree with you. If an LE owner wants to take video of the topper it will be appreciated by many. But we’re not likely to learn anything new.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bristol, CT
Machine - For Sale
Littleton, CO
Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Cabinet Parts
Mödley Crüe

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 148 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/148 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.