(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,405 posts
  • 755 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by Fireball3
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 217 votes
    33%

(653 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240308_213009_Chrome (resized).jpg
EC303592-D7CC-41EA-874F-1A7CEE1ECEA6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0547 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 149 of 309.
#7401 1 year ago

The flip-n-out video matches the production units in game play and look. Nothing really new or changed. I tried to take a video with my phone the other day, but lighting and such did not make it look all that great.

#7402 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

This is probably not going to go over well, but I'll say it. The topper mini game looks pretty blah.....
The topper itself is well done and looks great. Just the fact that Bart moves and is interactive is pretty awesome, but I see the mini game getting old quite fast.

I think the mini game On the topper seems cool and is in line with other video modes off the same era.
ie: AFM, MM, CP

#7403 1 year ago
Quoted from chillme:

The flip-n-out video matches the production units in game play and look. Nothing really new or changed. I tried to take a video with my phone the other day, but lighting and such did not make it look all that great.

Actually tried the same on my new LE. Better in person than what came out on video. That said, it's a quick 15-20 second game (depending on how good you are).....getting a little better with each try. I believe 12 was my highest!

On a side note, I'm somewhat tall and the train tracks obstruct a clear view to the beer mug (and bad guy #1) - I sometimes forget about it.

#7404 1 year ago

What I think would work better for the topper mode is this:

1. The led light bounces left to right on its own. Slow at first, picking up speed as the player hits each bad guy. Hit both flippers to "shoot" when the light is underneath a bad guy, still avoiding civilians. Or....

2. No led lights at all. The bad guys light up on either the left or right side of Bart. Slowly at first, building speed as bad guys are hit. The player hits the left or right flipper to "shoot". But, don't shoot when a civilian appears! Gotta be quick! Similar to the wolves attacking on BSD video mode.

I think either of the above suggestions would make the mode more exciting and build intensity as the mode speeds up. As it stands now with the player moving the leds back and forth, it just seems odd. But hey, that's me.

#7405 1 year ago

The led light bounces left to right on its own. Slow at first, picking up speed as the player hits each bad guy. Hit both flippers to "shoot" when the light is underneath a bad guy, still avoiding civilians.
I think the above suggestion would make the mode more exciting and build intensity as the led speeds up. As it stands now with the player moving the leds back and forth, it just seems odd. But hey, that's me.

I've never played the mode, so can you explain how you control? How do you fire? I understand left to right movement,,,

#7406 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I've never played the mode, so can you explain how you control? How do you fire? I understand left to right movement,,,

From the FAQ:

Hit the beer mug ten times then shoot the saloon (Big Bart) to start topper game play.
The number of beer mug shots required to start the mini-game can be set under in Adjustment G.24

Use the flippers to move the shot indicated by lights along the bottom of the topper left or right; hit both flippers to fire at the moving illuminated characters in the building windows. If you shoot a bad guy a skull and crossbones appear and the shootout continues; accidentally hit one of the good citizens of Cactus Canyon and it’s over!

See game play on the interactive Wild West Shootout topper when the topper is installed and activated and a demo on Topper Cam.

#7407 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

From what I understand, and see in the video above, there is no "fire" action. The player just moves the led light back and forth to the lit bad guy, avoiding friendly civilians. If that's correct, I think either of my 2 suggestions are better as they incorporate an actual "fire" action from the player.

#7408 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

From the FAQ:
Hit the beer mug ten times then shoot the saloon (Big Bart) to start topper game play.
The number of beer mug shots required to start the mini-game can be set under in Adjustment G.24
Use the flippers to move the shot indicated by lights along the bottom of the topper left or right; hit both flippers to fire at the moving illuminated characters in the building windows. If you shoot a bad guy a skull and crossbones appear and the shootout continues; accidentally hit one of the good citizens of Cactus Canyon and it’s over!
See game play on the interactive Wild West Shootout topper when the topper is installed and activated and a demo on Topper Cam.

Thx, you need to remove 3/4 of faq, too much too look thru . Just kidding, I should of gone there first

#7409 1 year ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

Actually tried the same on my new LE. Better in person than what came out on video. That said, it's a quick 15-20 second game (depending on how good you are).....getting a little better with each try. I believe 12 was my highest!
On a side note, I'm a tall and the train tracks obstruct a clear view to the beer mug (and bad guy #1) - I sometimes forget about it.

I added the train tracks mod to my SE, and it definitely obstructs the view to bad guy #1. That has stopped me from doing further mods (mine cart / train stations) as I do like having a nice view of the playfield. I do think it's worth the trade off for the train tracks because they really do look nice and complete the look of the train mech.

#7410 1 year ago

there is no "fire" action. The player just moves the led light back and forth to the lit bad guy...

What it looks like to me as well. Very similar to Champion Pub “Spitting Gallery” video mode. I like your idea of auto left/right cursor movement bouncing back and forth at increasingly difficult speed with a “fire” button to try and time the bad guy shots.

#7411 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

No fire, you just move the LED to be under the window with the bad guy, back and forth with the flipper buttons, just hold the button down.

#7412 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I'd LOVE toy play your linked NBAFB's

We have a pinball place in Simpsonville, SC that has 2 NBAFB's linked. That really is fun.

#7413 1 year ago
Quoted from chillme:

here's the flip-n-out video of the topper.

At least we know the games are built tough ... he pushes the beer mug target so hard he almost moves it to the back box ...
Topper looks fun

#7414 1 year ago

1. The led light bounces left to right on its own. Slow at first, picking up speed as the player hits each bad guy. Hit both flippers to "shoot" when the light is underneath a bad guy, still avoiding civilians. Or....
2. No led lights at all. The bad guys light up on either the left or right side of Bart. Slowly at first, building speed as bad guys are hit. The player hits the left or right flipper to "shoot". But, don't shoot when a civilian appears! Gotta be quick! Similar to the wolves attacking on BSD video mode.
I think either of the above suggestions would make the mode more exciting and build intensity as the mode speeds up. As it stands now with the player moving the leds back and forth, it just seems odd. But hey, that's me.

To me, I would've thought that Bart would've turned around facing the windows, and you would control his rotational left to right movement with the flipper buttons, along with him raising his arms to fire directly at the window targets. Having owned the original, with unfinished code, and no interactive topper, this is really an improvement.

#7415 1 year ago

I only have one newer Stern, Godzilla. However, if I go to barcaide, or even a friends house who likes newer games. Because they plug and play. I can only play so many Stern games till I just have to play a 90s classic.

#7417 1 year ago

November 30th?

#7418 1 year ago

Are LE buyers getting notices from their distributors? Are more going out, or was there only a small batch delivered and now a ‘stop’?

What distro’s have shipped?

#7419 1 year ago
Quoted from curban:

Are LE buyers getting notices from their distributors? Are more going out, or was there only a small batch delivered and now a ‘stop’?
What distro’s have shipped?

Did the “Which distributors have shipped? When will my distributor get their LEs?” question in the FAQ not answer that?

The entire “I’m moving to Cactus Canyon” section is now all about the LEs. Production is ongoing. It will be months before all the LEs are delivered.

#7420 1 year ago

Is there a similar shoutout mode on the SE?

#7421 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Did the “Which distributors have shipped? When will my distributor get their LEs?” question in the FAQ not answer that?
The entire “I’m moving to Cactus Canyon” section is now all about the LEs. Production is ongoing. It will be months before all the LEs are delivered.

No, the FAQ didn’t answer my question at all. It provides only a BS, common sense, dismissive, ‘nothing published’ answer. Your response about ‘production ongoing’ and ‘months before all are delivered’…didn’t add much either.

I was hoping to get some real info from buyers and some idea whether a few shipped, or a bunch have shipped and keep shipping from one or multiple distro’s. Sorry to pollute your club thread with such a foolish question. Live and learn.

#7422 1 year ago
Quoted from curban:

No, the FAQ didn’t answer my question at all. It provides only a BS, common sense, dismissive, ‘nothing published’ answer. Your response about ‘production ongoing’ and ‘months before all are delivered’…didn’t add much either.
I was hoping to get some real info from buyers and some idea whether a few shipped, or a bunch have shipped and keep shipping from one or multiple distro’s. Sorry to pollute your club thread with such a foolish question. Live and learn.

Don't feel bad. I got treated the same.

#7423 1 year ago
Quoted from curban:

Agreed, maybe jfh has a “read the FAQ” auto-response generator of some sort.

I also would like to know if more buyers are getting invoices/taking deliveries. If not that would be concerning and discussion-worthy.

#7424 1 year ago
Quoted from jkashani:

No, you would need a topper. The the topper can be enabled/disabled in the settings

#7425 1 year ago
Quoted from chillme:

No, you would need a topper. The the topper can be enabled/disabled in the settings

Sorta. You can enable the mode on the SE you just can’t play it.

It seems like it would be easy enough to to program a video mode version for the SE owners.

#7426 1 year ago
Quoted from jkashani:

I have an SE - you can turn on topper mode in the settings. There's no telling where you are aiming. But I have gotten 11 bad guys on the topper mode without a topper.

Here's where I get 11 bad guys while Livestreaming on YouTube - the video will start at the correct time of the topper mode.
-Pinball Mayhem Jeremy

#7427 1 year ago

Love it! Not topper, no problem!

Quoted from PM_Jeremy:

I have an SE - you can turn on topper mode in the settings. There's no telling where you are aiming. But I have gotten 11 bad guys on the topper mode without a topper.
Here's where I get 11 bad guys while Livestreaming on YouTube - the video will start at the correct time of the topper mode.
-Pinball Mayhem Jeremy

#7428 1 year ago
Quoted from HighSpeed1:

To me, I would've thought that Bart would've turned around facing the windows, and you would control his rotational left to right movement with the flipper buttons, along with him raising his arms to fire directly at the window targets. Having owned the original, with unfinished code, and no interactive topper, this is really an improvement.

If Bart is facing the windows; wouldn’t he then be shooting his own possè ?

#7429 1 year ago

I’m turning it on!!

#7430 1 year ago

I'll turn it on as well. I'd think it would be super easy to code in some sort of indicator for aiming on the enlarged dmd.

#7431 1 year ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Sorta. You can enable the mode on the SE you just can’t play it.
It seems like it would be easy enough to to program a video mode version for the SE owners.

brilliant idea..because a video mode on the SE's would bridge a necessary gap from the LE's..both from a players' perscpective, and a selling/value perspective.

#7432 1 year ago
Quoted from curban:

Why don’t you coordinate something with CGC and all the distributors and get us all a definitive schedule then?

I’m glad you think the answer in the FAQ is common sense because without definitive info from CGC common sense and extrapolation is all we have. “Production ongoing” - that’s all we know. If you do the math you get “months before they are all delivered” (early spring).

I’ve gotten PMs from people that don’t want to post here (more than have actually posted). I have no reason to doubt them and certainly understand why they may not want to post. There have been more deliveries and other distributors have batch info. I’m also collecting serial number info as was done early on with the SEs to try and get an idea of build rate vs expected capacity.

When there is enough data to do reasonable extrapolations I’ll update the FAQ.

(And if you or anyone thinks an answer in the FAQ is dismissive, please send me an example and your suggestion to improve it).

#7433 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Why don’t you coordinate something with CGC and all the distributors and get us all a definitive schedule then?

here we go .........

#7434 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

here we go .........

Here we go what?? I mean seriously.

Pretty basic math. They can make about 250 games/month and they have 1250 games to make. It'll take 5 months for everyone to get their game. What's with the damn obsession of knowing the exact day/hour/minute the game is going to arrive??? We ALL want it now but that ain't realistic is it?

Folks show up and ask the same damn question "When will I get my game". They get the only answer that can be 100% true. "You'll get it when you get it and it may take 5 months". WTF more do you want that ISN'T wild speculation???

Call your distro if you want to know. I did and I got an answer. It's probably nowhere near reality but at least they have an expectation.

jfh has been pretty polite IMHO. Yet he gets shit on every turn because he tells ppl to read the FAQ which is pretty clear with production rates and overall time it'll take. Just because you don't like the answer or the FAQ won't change reality.

FFS

#7435 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I mean seriously.

Pretty basic math. They can make about 250 games/month and they have 1250 games to make. It'll take 5 months for everyone to get their game. What's with the damn obsession of knowing the exact day/hour/minute the game is going to arrive???

Folks show up and ask the same damn question "When will I get my game". They get the only answer that can be 100% true. "You'll get it when you get it and it may take 5 months". WTF more do you want that ISN'T wild speculation???

Call your distro if you want to know. I did and I got an answer.

jfh has been pretty polite IMHO. Yet he gets shit on every turn because he tells ppl to read the FAQ which is pretty clear with production rates and overall time it'll take. Just because you don't like the answer or the FAQ won't change reality.

FFS

Wasn't what I was saying, but Thanks .... I'm aware of the math ....

#7436 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

Wasn't what I was saying, but Thanks .... I'm aware of the math ....

What were you saying then? My apologies for misreading your comment.

#7437 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

What were you saying then?

letting it die on the vine, before one poster has to fill out a "hurt feelings report" !

but thanks again they only can build them so fast and nice to see them out and about and getting into customers hands !

#7438 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I’m glad you think the answer in the FAQ is common sense because without definitive info from CGC common sense and extrapolation is all we have. “Production ongoing” - that’s all we know. If you do the math you get “months before they are all delivered” (early spring).
I’ve gotten PMs from people that don’t want to post here (more than have actually posted). I have no reason to doubt them and certainly understand why they may not want to post. There have been more deliveries and other distributors have batch info. I’m also collecting serial number info as was done early on with the SEs to try and get an idea of build rate vs expected capacity.
When there is enough data to do reasonable extrapolations I’ll update the FAQ.
(And if you or anyone thinks an answer in the FAQ is dismissive, please send me an example and your suggestion to improve it).

You still haven’t shown that you comprehend his question. Your FAQ only offers general statements and theoretical production schedules. Some of us would like to hear information regarding actual new deliveries/invoices. Perhaps the silence means that production is stalled for whatever reason. The only way to be reassured of ongoing production seems to be new owners sharing their information.

#7439 1 year ago

OK. Lets change the subject here. So how about those saloon doors that I thought I was getting?

#7440 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

OK. Lets change the subject here. So how about those saloon doors that I thought I was getting?

read the FAQs god damn it!

#7441 1 year ago
Quoted from alveolus:

You still haven’t shown that you comprehend his question.

I’m pretty sure I understood it.

Quoted from alveolus:

Your FAQ only offers general statements and theoretical production schedules.

And as soon as we have enough relevant specifics I’ll update it.

Quoted from alveolus:

Some of us would like to hear information regarding actual new deliveries/invoices.

I’m in that group.

Quoted from alveolus:

Perhaps the silence means that production is stalled for whatever reason.

And perhaps it means nothing of the sort.
That you would assume a negative is exactly why some don’t want to post their info publicly.

Quoted from alveolus:

The only way to be reassured of ongoing production seems to be new owners sharing their information.

Some of us have enough faith that CGC knows it’s in their best interests to complete CCr production as expeditiously as possible that we don’t need to be reassured every other day. And some prefer not to share, at least publicly. Can’t blame them.

#7442 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

And some prefer not to share, at least publicly. Can’t blame them.

words to live by !

#7443 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

And perhaps it means nothing of the sort. That you would instantly assume a negative is exactly why some don’t want to post their info publicly.

And perhaps you don’t understand the meaning of “perhaps”. I did not “assume a negative” , I just suggested the possibility that no new delivery announcements could be due to stalled production.

Quoted from jfh:

Some of us have enough faith that CGC knows it’s in their best interests to complete CCr production as expeditiously as possible that we don’t need to be reassured every other day.

One can have faith yet still be invested in the time frame. Not mutually exclusive.

#7444 1 year ago
Quoted from alveolus:

I just suggested the possibility that no new delivery announcements could be due to stalled production.

Ok, but that’s the first thing that came to mind, right?

Why not “no news is good news”?

No new announcements could mean a lot of things yet the example you chose to post was “production stalled”. That sounded like assuming a negative to me. If that’s not what you intended, my apologies.

#7445 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

words to live by !

Do you actually have a game on order or are you just here for the trolling?

#7446 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

I hope it will be included with the new code!

#7447 1 year ago

Help a guy out. The SE Manual does not mention turning on the topper game or the game at all.

There are three adjustment settings related to the topper. Which should be on for the game without actually having a topper? How do you start the mini game?

#7448 1 year ago
Quoted from PinRestore:

Do you actually have a game on order or are you just here for the trolling?

Actually do .... cant wait for it to deliver !

thanks

#7449 1 year ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

If Bart is facing the windows; wouldn’t he then be shooting his own possè ?

I guess I don't understand the topper goal, who is the game player shooting at, that Bart should not?
It just clicked, maybe Bart should be shooting at the player of the game, didn't seem that he was doing much. I still love the topper addition though.

#7450 1 year ago
Quoted from undrdog:

Help a guy out. The SE Manual does not mention turning on the topper game or the game at all.
There are three adjustment settings related to the topper. Which should be on for the game without actually having a topper? How do you start the mini game?

At the risk of getting heckled … did you read the FAQ?

You ask two different questions, but I assume you want the answer to the second. Set G.21 to Yes (Default is No). It works, but isn’t terribly exciting.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Blue Bell, PA
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 210.00
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 149 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/149 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.