(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

9 months ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 7,615 posts - Hot topic!
  • 477 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 seconds ago by jchristian11
  • Topic is favorited by 289 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 237 votes
    52%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 76 votes
    17%
  • Special Edition [SE] 143 votes
    31%

(456 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

53A1DD8F-B8D4-403D-8C2B-3A3670D39322 (resized).jpeg
9ED15ACE-1732-4A05-9827-DAFF138E59C1 (resized).jpeg
84F7C502-8ADA-4776-B46E-7DDCA28AC688 (resized).jpeg
B7A82F70-A44F-41E5-9CD0-7835A2574EEE (resized).jpeg
2501B4D4-F536-49DD-A451-0A628978AB98 (resized).jpeg
4C6E0D9D-9C51-4ED5-9F6F-E61D6B70FB55 (resized).jpeg
CE1CF5DD-7287-4E85-A5F1-FEEBF1E95CB0 (resized).jpeg
066B6D86-E4A0-433F-BBAB-9F8A1E4FA486 (resized).jpeg
B39FAEE2-F1B6-4FD8-8225-F35842E17582 (resized).jpeg
8987B988-20EA-4C96-8290-4464769865DE (resized).jpeg
CD5FABAD-A6D0-4ACC-92E8-7BBCB9F953A9 (resized).jpeg
2E510DC7-C2D6-47B4-A63A-D117D2C42F29 (resized).jpeg
33A0A105-A24F-4B62-B884-71B64FBFB1FD (resized).jpeg
D0504FD6-2865-4735-9DC7-6846A9E9D9D7 (resized).jpeg
8511E0D8-61BF-41CE-AA0A-CB6D049958DD (resized).jpeg
F684E58A-4979-494F-BDD2-AFCF2DEEF171 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 153.
#5701 60 days ago
Quoted from jfh:

And also remember that a distributor (especially larger ones like PPS and GEX) may/will get the LE deliveries in multiple shipments/batches.
Plus it’s going to take 6+ months to produce all the LEs at the current (estimated) production rates.

How many machines were they making in a week? 40?

#5702 60 days ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

40-50 IIRC

#5703 60 days ago
Quoted from jfh:

Plus it’s going to take 6+ months to produce all the LEs at the current (estimated) production rates.

...SE+ depositor slowly reconsidering everything.

C2B17CB5-5C61-4BAC-8EAF-F1AB4E7E29D7 (resized).jpeg
#5704 60 days ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

...SE+ depositor slowly reconsidering everything.

If they were able to pre-build certain parts (like cabs, PF, etc) they may be able to produce more than 50/week. We'll get a feel for production rates once they actually start shipping within the next few weeks. Pinside nerds love tracking serial numbers

#5705 60 days ago

I have a suggestion for all the SE models sitting in distributor inventory...

E8451488-10AD-4CF6-A8B5-DB0507DE1B9B (resized).jpeg
#5706 60 days ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

If they were able to pre-build certain parts (like cabs, PF, etc) they may be able to produce more than 50/week.

You can stock pile assemblies but only so much due to space - so any 'head start' would be pretty limited. And while prebuilding more stuff than before would allow them to shift work, it can't change your throughput in other areas. Simple example... if they can only QA 20 games a day, it doesn't matter how many assemblies are on the shelf or how much is in the queue.. they are only going to finish 20 games a day.

Production like this is highly scheduled because of the differences in times each stage may take so you don't get these backups or droughts. Things that take longer you stage ahead (Playfields, cabinets, etc). You don't overproduce what you can't advance to the next stage, etc. So the funnel of parts being on hand, sub-assemblies ready, the throughput of each stage etc is highly orchestrated to keep the line moving steadily. And usually there are stages that are difficult bottlenecks that are hard to scale. It can be as simple as how many loading docks you have and how quickly you can turn trucks around.

CGC has never shown the posture of 'now lets speed up' for temporary anything - Let's just hope for a steady reliable stream of quality games.

#5707 60 days ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

Highest about 50 when I was tracking. Supposedly the production line changes made earlier for CCr allow about 70/week at full capacity. (For reference, Stern can do about 125-150 a day)

#5708 60 days ago
Quoted from jfh:

And also remember that a distributor (especially larger ones like PPS and GEX) may/will get the LE deliveries in multiple shipments/batches.

That's fine by me. CGC is the only company that gives me enough time to save up before being wiped out....yet again...!

#5709 60 days ago
Quoted from jfh:

well that's great news !

#5710 60 days ago
Quoted from RA77:

Guessing the Aussie container may be on the water by mid November ?
Might get lucky and see them for Christmas

I think that I was a little over optimistic here.
Guessing December shipment to Australia ?

Going to be difficult to clear customs quickly with all the back log delays and Christmas chaos.

Maybe a new year CCr shootout now.

Very pumped we are getting closer to seeing the LE

#5711 60 days ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

well that's great news !

Math is hard.

#5712 60 days ago

I believe the order they are shipping ccrle from pps wasn't when you ordered but when you got your deposit in... I just looked and I got my deposit to them basically as soon as they opened it up.... but I haven't heard anything yet...

#5713 60 days ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

You can stock pile assemblies but only so much due to space - so any 'head start' would be pretty limited. And while prebuilding more stuff than before would allow them to shift work, it can't change your throughput in other areas. Simple example... if they can only QA 20 games a day, it doesn't matter how many assemblies are on the shelf or how much is in the queue.. they are only going to finish 20 games a day.

CGC has never shown the posture of 'now lets speed up' for temporary anything - Let's just hope for a steady reliable stream of quality games.

I beg to differ. CGC did exactly that with the MMrRE. Built them, stored them, then added the missing parts when they received them and then shipped the games. They were coming out way more than 50/week.

Not saying it’s going to happen again, only that they have done that before. This time the missing parts may have not allowed the games to be partially built. Who knows…

#5714 60 days ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I beg to differ. CGC did exactly that with the MMrRE. Built them, stored them, then added the missing parts when they received them and then shipped the games. They were coming out way more than 50/week.

The original MMr machines were built at Stern.

#5715 60 days ago

Mine will ship out anywhere from the 7th -14th. Takes about 3 to 4 days to get.

#5716 60 days ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

The original MMr machines were built at Stern.

The first 1000 LEs were. But not the other runs like AFM, MB and the later runs of MMr like MMrRE.

#5717 60 days ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Geez your making all us Aussies so jealous as we still don't have any. Can't wait to get it and enjoy, sounds awesome.

I’m looking forward to everyone getting their games, so we can talk about something other than toppers

#5718 60 days ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

...SE+ depositor slowly reconsidering everything

Yeah, that’s the math that made me very happy with the SE.

#5719 60 days ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Yeah, that’s the math that made me very happy with the SE.

You know what made me real happy today? Finding out that there was a cancellation on an LE at my distributor and I was next on the list!

#5720 60 days ago

And then there's talk of them already having the next title on the line/soon enough... hard to imagine, but who knows

#5721 60 days ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Not saying it’s going to happen again, only that they have done that before. This time the missing parts may have not allowed the games to be partially built. Who knows…

They only made like 380 Royals though. You can get them out way faster with that low of a number.

#5722 60 days ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

They only made like 380 Royals though. You can get them out way faster with that low of a number.

Oh hell yes lol. I think it's even less than 380.

#5723 60 days ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

You know what made me real happy today? Finding out that there was a cancellation on an LE at my distributor and I was next on the list!

I assume you took it in place of your SE+ order? If not, a few hundred people want to know who your distributor is.

#5724 60 days ago
Quoted from jfh:

I assume you took it in place of your SE+ order?

Unequivocally yes!

#5725 60 days ago
Quoted from shokel328:

And then there's talk of them already having the next title on the line/soon enough... hard to imagine, but who knows

Yes I read that as well!
That would be a great surprise!

Richard

#5726 60 days ago

Can't wait to get MMr finally - 2023 cannot come soon enough, I just hope I don't have to wait until 2024 to get it!

#5727 59 days ago

We’re three leg issues reported ok legs other than what CGC is using ? Like from pinball life , Marcos etc ?

#5728 59 days ago
Quoted from Mando:

We’re three leg issues reported ok legs other than what CGC is using ? Like from pinball life , Marcos etc ?

It's my understanding that the B/W legs come from a single supplier.

Have to assume that sellers of B/W legs may all have the same problem with the most recent batch/s.

#5729 59 days ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

Can't wait to get MMr finally - 2023 cannot come soon enough, I just hope I don't have to wait until 2024 to get it!

That’s why I just bought a nice MMr LE for K13.5. Even though I’m in line for the next rev. Which I seriously doubt will be in 2023.

#5730 59 days ago
Quoted from RA77:

It's my understanding that the B/W legs come from a single supplier.
Have to assume that sellers of B/W legs may all have the same problem with the most recent batch/s.

Yeah seem to have a bad set not from CGC.

#5731 59 days ago
Quoted from shokel328:

And then there's talk of them already having the next title on the line/soon enough

too-funny-jonathan-goldsmith.gif
#5732 59 days ago
Quoted from RA77:

I think that I was a little over optimistic here.
Guessing December shipment to Australia ?
Going to be difficult to clear customs quickly with all the back log delays and Christmas chaos.
Maybe a new year CCr shootout now.
Very pumped we are getting closer to seeing the LE

We will need to be more patient in Australia. I’ve had 3 pinballs sitting at the port in LA since June waiting for room on a ship, due to chronic backlog. Still Hoping to get loaded next week. CCr won’t make it to AUS this year unless Wayne can pull some strings

#5733 59 days ago

All paid up and waiting on shipping info for an LE. Somehow had a heard to make some and still haven’t gotten rid of other machines to make space. Ha

#5734 58 days ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

#WINNING

#5735 58 days ago

Yeah. When the LE I switched to and SE+ I gave up are the same price... that’s like winning the lottery.

#5736 57 days ago

I gotta say, I was hoping for a lot more invoice notifications this week.

#5737 57 days ago

Yes all seems quiet on the western front

#5738 56 days ago

Wondering if the breaking of Bart's hat is going to be a issue long term. At the York White Rose pinball show today, Coin taker had an SE in their booth on free play. There was always a line to play the machine. Stopped back by this afternoon before leaving and saw that Bart's hat had broken off. Seems like the hat might be something one would want in the spare's box. I guess for now it will be a warranty issue. Thoughts?
IMG_2887 (resized).jpeg

#5739 56 days ago

Without the hat it looks like Bart is related to Walter…

A20D9C3D-64BD-44AD-9C02-B52209F693E6.png
#5740 56 days ago
Quoted from chillme:

Wondering if the breaking of Bart's hat is going to be a issue long term.

If they are made in the same manner as the originals (likely), nothing is “broken” and the hat could be attached back to the rod with superglue (there should be an indentation where the rod attaches)

#5741 56 days ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Production like this is highly scheduled because of the differences in times each stage may take so you don't get these backups or droughts. Things that take longer you stage ahead (Playfields, cabinets, etc). You don't overproduce what you can't advance to the next stage, etc. So the funnel of parts being on hand, sub-assemblies ready, the throughput of each stage etc is highly orchestrated to keep the line moving steadily. And usually there are stages that are difficult bottlenecks that are hard to scale. It can be as simple as how many loading docks you have and how quickly you can turn trucks around.

Yeah? Ford and Chevy built complete cars and parked em while they were waiting for chips. My auto manufacturer customers didn’t slow down a bit. I’m not buyin it.

#5742 56 days ago
Quoted from jfh:

If they are made in the same manner as the originals (likely), nothing is “broken” and the hat could be attached back to the rod with superglue (there should be an indentation where the rod attaches)

How is the hat affixed? Friction fit or some kind of glue? I would probably use JB weld instead of superglue on the steel shaft.

#5743 56 days ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

How is the hat affixed? Friction fit or some kind of glue? I would probably use JB weld instead of superglue on the steel shaft.

Don’t have a new hat but the old looks like a friction fit or the rod is inserted before the plastic hardens.

#5744 56 days ago

My invoice is paid but doesn’t sound like it shipped yesterday like they were hoping. Maybe next week.

#5745 56 days ago

Thought this was interesting... Posted in the Pin a go go thread...

pasted_image (resized).png
#5746 56 days ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Thought this was interesting... Posted in the Pin a go go thread...[quoted image]

Good thing it’s on special. Imagine how much MORE over MSRP it would be otherwise!!

#5747 56 days ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Thought this was interesting... Posted in the Pin a go go thread...[quoted image]

Looks like a SE+ with the stainless rails. But it has the wood apron.

#5748 56 days ago
Quoted from CoPinfan:

maybe it's one of the sample games that was made to support shows/dealers from last year?

#5749 56 days ago
Quoted from MooButt:

Yeah? Ford and Chevy built complete cars and parked em while they were waiting for chips. My auto manufacturer customers didn’t slow down a bit. I’m not buyin it.

well, it's a hellava lot easier to park cars outside, in a parking lot..you can't park pins outside..Inside real estate is much more pricey. just adding my .02

#5750 56 days ago
Quoted from CoPinfan:

No. That’s definitely the gun metal plating.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Men
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pin Music Plus
Decals
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus
Sound/Speakers
7,200 (Firm)
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro
Pinball Machine
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 210.00
$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
There are 7,615 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 153.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!