(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,405 posts
  • 755 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by Fireball3
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 217 votes
    33%

(653 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240308_213009_Chrome (resized).jpg
EC303592-D7CC-41EA-874F-1A7CEE1ECEA6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0547 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 197 of 309.
#9801 1 year ago

So I did look around a lot before asking, I promise. Other than DMD animations and Bionic bart, what does the extended code give you?

Additionally does the Stranger, Partner, Deputy, Sheriff, and Marshall inserts do anything?

#9802 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Because CGC wasn't prepared for what happened. When the run was literally sold out at Expo when Rick announced it, in an hour.
Nobody could have been prepared for that when they thought it would take months to sell out the run.
LTG : )

Quoted from jfh:

Overwhelming and unexpected demand for sure. Never seen anything like it. Puts all other release announcements to shame.

So they’ll run it again right?

#9803 1 year ago
Quoted from Mundy53:

So I did look around a lot before asking, I promise. Other than DMD animations and Bionic bart, what does the extended code give you?
Additionally does the Stranger, Partner, Deputy, Sheriff, and Marshall inserts do anything?

You start the game as Stranger and every time you win a shootout, you advance through the ranks.

#9804 1 year ago
Quoted from badfish981:

I’ll totally admit I didn’t know this was a possibility! Can anyone tell me how to close them up?
Thanks in advance!!!!

I didn’t know about this either until I watched the Flip N Out video trying CCr for the first time and one of the guys says “you’ve got the outlines wide open” which caused me to rush over to my machine and have a look.

Literally a game changer.

#9805 1 year ago
Quoted from Mundy53:

The higher your rank the more points you get from quick draws, and having a higher rank going into High Noon helps too, but I'm not exactly sure what the difference is (maybe you start with more time?). It sounds like they're planning to do more with it in the code update.

#9806 1 year ago

They definitely need to add more to high noon because as it sits it’s basically a no lose give me wizard mode.

#9807 1 year ago

#209 has arrived, build date January 25, 2023.

20230203_130248 (resized).jpg20230203_130248 (resized).jpg
#9808 1 year ago
Quoted from Rockbiter:#209 has arrived, build date January 25, 2023.
[quoted image]

Those holes in the box have me scared.

#9809 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

So they’ll run it again right?

Well - I'm on 3 different distributor lists for a reason

CGC announced they would run MMr again, they are just behind schedule. Maybe end of this year? 2024? 2034? Doesn't matter to me, I'll just keep playing CCr and MBr while I wait. No point in complaining about something out of my control - it's just a toy afterall.

#9810 1 year ago
Quoted from explosiveegg:

Those holes in the box have me scared.

CGC packing is top notch, custom cut foam for everything. Short of forking the box, games are unlikely to arrive with damage. Unpacking was a great experience!

20230203_134026 (resized).jpg20230203_134026 (resized).jpg
#9811 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Not quite everyone. Rick thought it would take two or three months.

Well they aren’t two or three months behind schedule. So I suppose it’s a moot point.

#9812 1 year ago
Quoted from Rockbiter:

CGC packing is top notch, custom cut foam for everything. Short of forking the box, games are unlikely to arrive with damage. Unpacking was a great experience!

Glad to hear!

But I always worry when I see fork marks.

#9813 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Glad to hear!
But I always worry when I see fork marks.

Me too, the worry is real as you unbox it to look for a damaged cabinet!

I have what I hope is a really dumb question. Fired up the machine and none of the solenoids work. No flippers, no rough eject, etc. Anyone care to share what I should check first?

#9814 1 year ago
Quoted from Rockbiter:

I have what I hope is a really dumb question. Fired up the machine and none of the solenoids work. No flippers, no rough eject, etc. Anyone care to share what I should check first?

Coin door closed?

If yes check the wires on the coin door switch (white switch on left side near hinge).

#9815 1 year ago
A7FFCBA1-5632-4594-86C1-E06DD83DA2A8 (resized).jpegA7FFCBA1-5632-4594-86C1-E06DD83DA2A8 (resized).jpeg
#9816 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Are you happier with them halfway or all the way closed?

The way I play I can close both out lanes with rubber bands and still suck.

#9817 1 year ago

How do you fix ball trap here? Happened twice already.

1AB11AC7-F2E8-472E-8268-C82493D332A1 (resized).jpeg1AB11AC7-F2E8-472E-8268-C82493D332A1 (resized).jpeg
#9818 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

[quoted image]

Bar to right of ball needs tighter bend to the left.

#9819 1 year ago
Quoted from beltking:

[quoted image]

Lol. Check the level of the game. Bend the guide

C6933680-5401-4E53-BB8C-C02166A9AC8E (resized).jpegC6933680-5401-4E53-BB8C-C02166A9AC8E (resized).jpeg
#9820 1 year ago

LE 208 arrived today from Automated, pinballs.com. Yes! 1 year and 2 months after putting down deposit. Beautiful pin.

#9821 1 year ago

Great to hear one from Automated! I am on their list also

#9822 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Coin door closed?
If yes check the wires on the coin door switch (white switch on left side near hinge).

Not the hi voltage switch at the coin door, it is working properly. Solenoids b1, b2 and b3 as well as flippers do not respond in tests. I tried unplugging the topper, still no luck.

#9823 1 year ago
Quoted from Rockbiter:

coin door switch and then look in manual for 48V circuit fuses and check those for being intact.

#9824 1 year ago
Quoted from Rockbiter:

Please check that all the wires are on the high power interlock switch of the left inside of the coin door. Open the coin door, pull the switch out, see if the non working solenoids start working.

Please check that the splitter cable is plugged into the controller PCB, and the solenoid cable from the controller PCB is plugged into the splitter, the side with two ports, the topper plugs into the other port.

Then with the game turned on check that LED CR110 on the driver board in the backbox is lit.

#9825 1 year ago

So, everyone hoping CGC has lost the PPS contract going forward, which manufacturers do you think could do a better job at that quality level? They gave Stern a shot and that was below par. Who else is making games at volume of a standard equivalent to CgC? American? Doubt they’ve made any games in volume. JJP are arguably as slow as CgC and of inferior quality. Anyone else? Not like they have allot of solid options in the pinball manufacturing space.

#9826 1 year ago
Quoted from midcoastsurf:

There are usually 2 or 3 slots for the outlane post screw. You can make the outlane gap wider (default) or narrower to adjust difficulty of the game.

Ok great didn’t know thanks

#9827 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

So, everyone hoping CGC has lost the PPS contract going forward, which manufacturers do you think could do a better job at that quality level? They gave Stern a shot and that was below par. Who else is making games at volume of a standard equivalent to CgC? American? Doubt they’ve made any games in volume. JJP are arguably as slow as CgC and of inferior quality. Anyone else? Not like they have allot of solid options in the pinball manufacturing space.

This is/was being discussed in the other thread. (And there isn’t a single contract for remakes- it’s not like there’s a rule that there can only be one mfg at a time making games under license from PPS)

#9828 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

it’s not like there’s a rule that there can only be one mfg at a time making games under license from PPS)

See upcoming multiple spokesperson jobs in someone's future.

#9829 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Please check that all the wires are on the high power interlock switch of the left inside of the coin door. Open the coin door, pull the switch out, see if the non working solenoids start working.
Please check that the splitter cable is plugged into the controller PCB, and the solenoid cable from the controller PCB is plugged into the splitter, the side with two ports, the topper plugs into the other port.
Then with the game turned on check that LED CR110 on the driver board in the backbox is lit.

Thanks, LTG and others who've provided feedback here. I've worked back from the interlock switch, I've checked all connections on the solenoid switch, even bypassing it entirely and unplugging the topper, tested all 50v fuses. CR110 is not lit. Interestingly, and I am sure unrelated, but what us the 50v plug at the bottom of the board for? Nothing is plugged into it.

My apologies for hijacking this thread with a troubleshoot, I put in a ticket earlier this afternoon.

20230203_214048 (resized).jpg20230203_214048 (resized).jpg
#9830 1 year ago

It's been awhile since I've even thought about CCR. I think I put my deposit down a year and a half ago or so. Are these LEs going out the door or is there still a lot of delays?

#9831 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

(And there isn’t a single contract for remakes- it’s not like there’s a rule that there can only be one mfg at a time making games under license from PPS)

I realise that - Haggis/Fathom for example. (Perfect example of alternative manufacturing capabilities). But other than Haggis, it's only been CGC up to date.

#9832 1 year ago
Quoted from pcprogrammer:

It's been awhile since I've even thought about CCR. I think I put my deposit down a year and a half ago or so. Are these LEs going out the door or is there still a lot of delays?

Yes and yes

#9833 1 year ago

Thanks. I'll check back in another year and a half. LOL.

#9834 1 year ago

Too funny!

#9835 1 year ago

Best attitude to have. Go enjoy life

#9836 1 year ago
Quoted from Rockbiter:

but what us the 50v plug at the bottom of the board for? Nothing is plugged into it.

Nothing is plugged into it.

You sure you hooked the topper up right.Unplug the solenoid cable, plug the splitter into the spot you unplugged the solenoid cable from. Then the end of the splitter, plug the solenoid cable into one side and the topper the other ?

If so, please unplug the splitter, then plug the solenoid cable back into the board.

#9837 1 year ago
Quoted from midcoastsurf:

Best attitude to have. Go enjoy life

F28F6C25-FB1A-4E81-8111-A4A6905E3A99 (resized).jpegF28F6C25-FB1A-4E81-8111-A4A6905E3A99 (resized).jpeg
#9838 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Nothing is plugged into it.

Also. Be sure the power cord in the back of the game is pushed in tight.

And unplug the game from the wall, and be sure connectors to switching power supply on floor of the cabinet, near the front right side. Are on tight.

#9839 1 year ago

#233 is up and running. Good looking game. Everything is working well out of the box.

How do you play the topper game?

3AF06E07-E546-4A8E-907C-B51A33F69F48 (resized).jpeg3AF06E07-E546-4A8E-907C-B51A33F69F48 (resized).jpeg7C3C37BC-16A3-477E-9D8A-E0FEC09F9554 (resized).jpeg7C3C37BC-16A3-477E-9D8A-E0FEC09F9554 (resized).jpeg
#9840 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

#233 is up and running. Good looking game. Everything is working well out of the box.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Plenty space for a growing pinball collection in that room.
Few more classics on the right side and meet the sterns in the middle

#9841 1 year ago

I can fit 9 or 10 there. Honestly the reason I bought the house.

#9842 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Your distributor is spot on.
Why the delay on allowing you to order a backglass? Was your distributor not doing orders themselves? You should have been able to order a backglass as soon as you had a confirmed game order.

Distributor wasn’t doing direct orders. Had to verify my order with Planetary in order to “unlock” the Backglass option on their website

#9843 1 year ago
Quoted from Rockbiter:

I put in a ticket earlier this afternoon.

I alerted it to the engineer.

#9844 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

I can fit 9 or 10 there. Honestly the reason I bought the house.

10 in one row is a beautiful sight

#9845 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Congrats! Nice space too!

Check the FAQ for info on the topper game and links to game play.

#9846 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

Honestly the reason I bought the house.

That is true dedication to the hobby!

#9847 1 year ago
Quoted from Rockbiter:

My apologies for hijacking this thread with a troubleshoot, I put in a ticket earlier this afternoon.

No apology necessary - that’s one of the reasons this thread exists. It may help someone else in the future.
Hope support gets it figured out quickly for you. Nothing more frustrating than an unusual problem right out of the box.

#9848 1 year ago
Quoted from NightTrain:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Hit the beer bottle 10 times then lock the ball in Bart.

#9849 1 year ago

Is Bart of the topper supposed to fall back when you win a gun fight?

EDIT- Had to turn it on in the settings.

#9850 1 year ago
Quoted from Chubbie:

Hit the beer bottle 10 times then lock the ball in Bart.

I usually hit the beer bottle before I play any pin

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kansas City, MO
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 210.00
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 197 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/197 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.