(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,141 posts
  • 741 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by applejuice
  • Topic is favorited by 379 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 329 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 101 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 214 votes
    33%

(644 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0538 (resized).jpeg
73000513275__A193B793-F018-40EE-B46C-ACC07564508F (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).jpeg
8C87C09E-DDC1-4C00-904E-4189F6921213 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
Pinside_forum_7482342_0.gif
20240209_220607 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240210_012114397 (resized).jpg
IMG_0136 (resized).jpeg
PXL_20240201_181137235 (resized).jpg
IMG_1125 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1126 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1129 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1127 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1128 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5265 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,141 posts in this topic. You are on page 291 of 303.
#14501 84 days ago

I upgraded to mirror glass. I have cactus canyon translite like new $90 shipped if anyone is interested.

#14502 84 days ago

If you get the video mode the 2nd time is it harder? I rarely get it twice in a game but I did the other day and seemed the same

#14503 84 days ago

Any one have this binding issue on their Bart hat going up and down? Mine binds metal on metal and won’t go down.
I see no adjustments. It’s just a square metal rod that slides through two metal square guides.
Also found out that the Bart never came with any E clips for the horizontal rod that keeps Barts head in place.

IMG_7205 (resized).jpegIMG_7205 (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#14504 84 days ago
Quoted from Jhiggins623:

Any one have this binding issue on their Bart hat going up and down? Mine binds metal on metal and won’t go down.
I see no adjustments. It’s just a square metal rod that slides through two metal square guides.
Also found out that the Bart never came with any E clips for the horizontal rod that keeps Barts head in place.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Found the problem already but I’ll post it for future reference. There’s a Philips screw that holds a spring for the Bart head. The screw was loose and it backed itself out far enough for the head of the screw to interfere with the Bart rod that goes up and down. Simple but annoying.

IMG_7213 (resized).jpegIMG_7213 (resized).jpeg
#14505 84 days ago
Quoted from Jhiggins623:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Check the bottom of your cabinet for the e-clips.

#14506 83 days ago
Quoted from WillM:

Nice badge.
My question is what's with the key replacement lever and where do I find those![quoted image]

Sorry, been absent a bit. Bought from pinball life. I usually put these on any pins at home and store the old lock and keys in the coin box.

#14507 81 days ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

Yes, quite noticeable. I’m not positive, but I think it’s coming from the energized Gunfight post coil(s). Possibly a side-effect of the pulse width modulation used to drive the coils. Is it fixable? In Gunfight mode the loud hum kinda spoils the moment.

I think I've found the cause and a fix. I messaged CGC support and they helped me to isolate the issue to the up posts. I toyed with the left up post a little and realized that if I twisted it, it got stuck in the up position and that it was rubbing against the hole in the playfield. CGC suggested bending the bracket a little to better align the post with the hole. This freed it up but made the post too high. There's a screw at the bottom of the post that can be adjusted up or down (had to use needle nose to turn it). After bringing it down a little it's set perfectly in the hole and the issue has cleared up, no more buzz or whir.

#14508 81 days ago
Quoted from Speck:

I think I've found the cause and a fix. I messaged CGC support and they helped me to isolate the issue to the up posts. I toyed with the left up post a little and realized that if I twisted it, it got stuck in the up position and that it was rubbing against the hole in the playfield. CGC suggested bending the bracket a little to better align the post with the hole. This freed it up but made the post too high. There's a screw at the bottom of the post that can be adjusted up or down (had to use needle nose to turn it). After bringing it down a little it's set perfectly in the hole and the issue has cleared up, no more buzz or whir.

So that buzz and motor sound isn't a normal function of the gunfight drop targets cycling through each bad guy? Mine makes that noise and goes away when the chosen bad guy drop target is left.

#14509 81 days ago

It shouldn’t make noise during a gunfight. It’s silent now. With mine it went away when the post drops and lets the ball go (which may be at the same time as the target being hit). It’s easy to check, just push the right or left post up manually and you’ll see if it’s sticking at all. I would twist the post a little from the bottom as you do it. Mine only stuck when twisted in just the right way so it was an intermittent issue. The interesting thing was that it was the left post that would stick but the buzz could happen even if the right post was up. I think it was because they were both getting some power.

#14510 80 days ago

Joined the club yesterday. About to start modding it out. A couple questions without filtering through 300 pages. Has anyone put the train station mod on the right side? The pics make it look huge and looks like it would obstruct the view of bart a lot. Also, is there a source for mirrored backglasses?

#14511 80 days ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Joined the club yesterday. About to start modding it out. A couple questions without filtering through 300 pages. Has anyone put the train station mod on the right side? The pics make it look huge and looks like it would obstruct the view of bart a lot. Also, is there a source for mirrored backglasses?

I added the train station mod and removed the plastic that is there so it could move further to the right. I also added a light inside that and it has the outside lantern. It isn't huge to me and doesn't obstruct Bart.

As for the mirrored backglass, I bought one from the distributor I bought my pin from but I think I've heard others say they are available at planetary pinball or something like that and that you have to prove you have an LE but I'm not 100% sure.

20231121_204413 (resized).jpg20231121_204413 (resized).jpg
#14512 80 days ago

Added a light behind the mug to give it a more beer like color.

20231125_155046 (resized).jpg20231125_155046 (resized).jpg
#14513 80 days ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

I'd be happy to add you to the list

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-rosie-s-saloon

#14514 80 days ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

[quoted image]

Nice!!

#14516 80 days ago

I added the train station mod and removed the plastic that is there so it could move further to the right. I also added a light inside that and it has the outside lantern. It isn't huge to me and doesn't obstruct Bart.
As for the mirrored backglass, I bought one from the distributor I bought my pin from but I think I've heard others say they are available at planetary pinball or something like that and that you have to prove you have an LE but I'm not 100% sure.
[quoted image]

Ok thanks! I wasnt sure if it was available for se owners

#14517 80 days ago

I am pretty sure SE and SE+ buyers can get the mirrored backglass too. Send Sara at PPS an email.

#14518 80 days ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I am pretty sure SE and SE+ buyers can get the mirrored backglass too. Send Sara at PPS an email.

Cool, i will

#14519 80 days ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Re: Train Station mod:
Several months back I originally added the Mezel Mods train station w/the flickering light. It's a very high quality mod and the light integration is supreme. The bottom tab that is utilized to adhere to the existing platform could use a little reinforcement.
Recently I purchased both Rosie's saloon mod and water tower. Both of these mods are also of very high quality. Personally I prefer the aspect ratio of the water tower AND how it conceals the train motor. But both are excellent mods.
Before you do anything get some HD glass. Voodoo / invisiglass / Stern HD. Whichever is easiest for you to procure, you can't go wrong. (The pics with the water tower is with HD Glass - see the minimal reflection from the overhead canned lights compared to Train Station).

Screenshot_20231203_175221_Photos (resized).jpgScreenshot_20231203_175221_Photos (resized).jpgScreenshot_20231203_175446_Photos (resized).jpgScreenshot_20231203_175446_Photos (resized).jpgScreenshot_20231203_180339_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20231203_180339_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20231203_175417_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20231203_175417_Gallery (resized).jpg
#14521 80 days ago
Quoted from WillM:

Re: Train Station mod:
Several months back I originally added the Mezel Mods train station w/the flickering light. It's a very high quality mod and the light integration is supreme. The bottom tab that is utilized to adhere to the existing platform could use a little reinforcement.
Recently I purchased both Rosie's saloon mod and water tower. Both of these mods are also of very high quality. Personally I prefer the aspect ratio of the water tower AND how it conceals the train motor. But both are excellent mods.
Before you do anything get some HD glass. Voodoo / invisiglass / Stern HD. Whichever is easiest for you to procure, you can't go wrong. (The pics with the water tower is with HD Glass - see the minimal reflection from the overhead canned lights compared to Train Station).[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I happen to have a sheet on my maiden ill probably move to cc

#14522 80 days ago

[quoted image]

Can you share how the back looks? You used an led strip? Is it interactive? Thanks

#14523 79 days ago
Quoted from jchristian11:

Check the bottom of your cabinet for the e-clips.

Nothing. First thing I did.

#14524 79 days ago
Quoted from Jhiggins623:

Nothing. First thing I did.

Cabinet speaker included? (Magnet and gap around the metal frame around the speaker cone)

#14525 79 days ago
Quoted from Medic:

Can you share how the back looks? You used an led strip? Is it interactive? Thanks

It stays solidly lit as it connects to the power of the GI. I used the light block that came with it but I didn't like how bright it was so I switched to a light that goes under the slingshot plastic stands.

Added the view from the players perspective with the train station mod too.

20231204_163225 (resized).jpg20231204_163225 (resized).jpg20231204_164552 (resized).jpg20231204_164552 (resized).jpg20231204_164643 (resized).jpg20231204_164643 (resized).jpg
#14526 76 days ago

Ive noticed a rattle when i play, i believe its the left side rail. Is there a fix for this besides anti rattle tape? I think i had the same issue when i owned afmr

#14527 76 days ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Ive noticed a rattle when i play, i believe its the left side rail. Is there a fix for this besides anti rattle tape? I think i had the same issue when i owned afmr

Mine is doing it in the same spot also. A vibration buzz.

#14528 76 days ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

I havent tightened the screw yet, but am wondering if anti rattle may be needed

#14529 76 days ago

We’re about due so let’s get this out if the way:

“Anyone know when the Lyman code is coming?”

“A few weeks ago, Josh ensured everyone it’s being worked on and hopefully by summer next year it will be released, but it’s not set in stone”

#14530 76 days ago
Quoted from jackd104:

We’re about due so let’s get this out if the way:
“Anyone know when the Lyman code is coming?”
“A few weeks ago, Josh ensured everyone it’s being worked on and hopefully by summer next year it will be released, but it’s not set in stone”

I want the new code as much as anyone else but at this point I hope any CGC resources needed for the code update are working on getting PF out the door.

#14531 76 days ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

I want the new code as much as anyone else but at this point I hope any CGC resources needed for the code update are working on getting PF out the door.

Play Mechanix did the code and they may still be polishing but it’s probably about done and a different company altogether. CGC is just manufacturing so whatever the hold up is doubt it’s the code side.

#14532 76 days ago

Hey guys, just checking in:

I was originally in for a pre-order direct with PPS but backed out after playing it at a local show (nothing wrong with it, just didn't have that "one more game" feel for me).

For those of you in the club, how's it holding up? how is CGC support with this title?

Based on the last few comments I think that answered my final question (did they ever come out with the updated code)

I still think its a gorgeous game and possibly considering a used one at some point.

#14533 76 days ago
Quoted from arcadenerd925:

how is CGC support with this title?

Me and Jim Thorton.

LTG ; )

#14534 76 days ago

Howdy partners! In the club. My first remake.

IMG_4550 (resized).jpegIMG_4550 (resized).jpeg
#14535 75 days ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Had the same and the anti rattle tape worked wonders

#14536 75 days ago
Quoted from pghpinfan:

Had the same and the anti rattle tape worked wonders

How hard is it to get the rail off to put the tape on?

#14537 75 days ago
Quoted from bajm:

Howdy partners! In the club. My first remake.
[quoted image]

What number?

#14538 75 days ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

I believe you want to put the anti-rattle tape on the edges of the playfield glass (I would start on the side you hear the rattle first then add to the other side as necessary).

#14539 75 days ago
Quoted from DBP99:

I believe you want to put the anti-rattle tape on the edges of the playfield glass (I would start on the side you hear the rattle first then add to the other side as necessary).

Ok. I wasnt thinking it was glass rattle, but siderail on wood rattle.

#14540 75 days ago

I got the SE so no number plaque.

#14541 75 days ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

No one puts rattle tape on any more.

Just slide a small piece of nylon tie under the plastic glass channel (between the cabinet wood and the plastic)half way up the playfield. Poke it in so that its unseen.

Problem solved.

#14542 74 days ago

I was originally in for a pre-order direct with PPS but backed out after playing it at a local show (nothing wrong with it, just didn't have that "one more game" feel for me).
For those of you in the club, how's it holding up? how is CGC support with this title?
Based on the last few comments I think that answered my final question (did they ever come out with the updated code)
I still think its a gorgeous game and possibly considering a used one at some point.

Personally I love it, solid machine that gets a lot of play out of my small group of machines. Had one support issue and was solved quickly with steps I could do to fix the problem. Looking forward to the new code when it is ready but for me, plenty of fun till it arrives. The audio never ceases to bring a smile to my face. I also recognize people expect different things from their machines, I do not play mine to beat it as fast as possible, I just play to have fun.

#14543 73 days ago

Just an update to say the new train motor worked. Slight pia to swap, but, none the less, Chicago Gaming has excellent customer service. Now, I am just waiting on a few mods. Plastic protectors, river sign, water tower, and Rosie's Saloon. Great looking game to start with, but a few tasteful mods should really make it pop. My favorite pin, thus far.

#14544 73 days ago

It's a great game. For me it feels like the kind of game I would keep in my home collection around three years, then sell it and get another great game. However, if the priced upgrade comes along, and converts this machine from a great game into what I would consider a masterpiece, all bets are off

#14545 73 days ago
Quoted from Paul_from_Gilroy:

It's a great game. For me it feels like the kind of game I would keep in my home collection around three years, then sell it and get another great game. However, if the priced upgrade comes along, and converts this machine from a great game into what I would consider a masterpiece, all bets are off

Was second owner on mine about 9 months. Previous owner clocked about the same ~8 months. Loved it and the kids adored it but the right trade into a DP Premium came up. Wanted to spend more time with that and had already seen what CCr had to offer in all modes and completing High Noon. Wonderful game and fun, but after you're done the depth left some desire. That new code could change my mind and easily bring it back home because I only let it go to try something else. It is always a game that is an easy "Just one more game" though. Loved it for that. Even with its exit, looking forward to the eventual code upgrade.

#14546 73 days ago

Thanks guys! apprecaite the oppinions. There is a local location not too far away that has one so I will take some time to drop some coins on one and get some playing time in before making a final decision.

#14547 72 days ago

Thanks guys! apprecaite the oppinions. There is a local location not too far away that has one so I will take some time to drop some coins on one and get some playing time in before making a final decision.

Remember that if you're a decent player, the game will need setup and rule adjustments. I didn't really like the game out of box. I LOVE the game after adjusting it.

#14548 71 days ago

Have these finally all shipped? Been loving mine for more than a year and half. Any word on the kit, or is it now a back seat to PF.

#14549 71 days ago
Quoted from polishedball:

Have these finally all shipped? Been loving mine for more than a year and half. Any word on the kit, or is it now a back seat to PF.

See my post 5 day ago ^

#14550 70 days ago
Quoted from polishedball:

In Europe we are still waiting and there are not even any estimations on when our SE's will be made or shipped from the US......

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC
Toys/Add-ons
There are 15,141 posts in this topic. You are on page 291 of 303.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/291 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.