(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,405 posts
  • 755 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 hours ago by Fireball3
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 217 votes
    33%

(653 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240308_213009_Chrome (resized).jpg
EC303592-D7CC-41EA-874F-1A7CEE1ECEA6 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0547 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 189 of 309.
#9401 1 year ago
Quoted from pch3727:

His number seems pretty accurate. What are your sources saying?
Per the FAQ, 40/week is currently happening... that seems a tad high.

jfh downvoted my post where I said it was likely 20 games per week, LOL.

#9402 1 year ago
Quoted from jchristian11:

OP Nazi ...

#9403 1 year ago
Quoted from jchristian11:

jfh has zero clue yet he acts like he knows everything...at this stage all most people care about is when they will get their game...after 14+ months of zero communication from CGC their BS is getting old .... yea yea u can say why don't u cancel your order if your fed up with CGC ...its simple ...I want the game, but I certainly didn't think I would have to wait two years for it

#9404 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

Thats ok with me if that's what it takes to deliver an exceptional result

What’s crazy people saying I can wait infinite amount of time Oakey dokey! If it’s 2-3 years for a game people could pass away while waiting. Are you ok 5-10 years for a game what’s the limit?

#9405 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

jfh has zero clue yet he acts like he knows everything.

Guessing no life outside of this thread for him ... lots of "need to control"issues
As well ...
At least I didn't say any thing bad of the company that shall not be named in a negative way ...

#9406 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

Is it bullshit? or is it fact? The one fact we know is you have NO clue as you've been wrong on LE deliveries since the beginning....

Your so called one fact is wrong too … you have constantly demonstrated that you are unwilling to adjust as facts change. You seem to have a sick fascination with bashing CGC in any way you can. I don’t think I’ll ever understand it. And then all the trolls come out and down vote me if I reply.

In contrast, my past comments were based on information available at the time from reputable distributors and others (including at one point CGC). Did they prove to be true? No, because of circumstances that changed when the parts and supply chain issues happened. Yet you and some others continue with “they failed me before, they’ll always fail” and then wonder why CGC doesn’t post here.

I offered to have a reasonable discussion via PM; you apparently weren’t interested. You mentioned your very recent sources yet you declined to elaborate. It’s easier and safer for you to just bash me and/or CGC.

The idea that CGC is going to take 2 to 4 YEARS to finish the LEs is ridiculous - they has been no claim by ANYONE BUT YOU that current production (after December restart) has been less than what they were doing with SEs over the summer.

You don’t want to post publicly - fine, I get that. PM me, call me and we can compare notes. Until then, to answer your question, yes, it’s bullshit. And I’m pretty sure you know it.

#9407 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

. I don’t think I’ll ever understand it. And then all the trolls come out and down vote me if I reply

As you wish .... you do tend to bring it on your self ...
You don't need to reply to every post, but we now you cannot help yourself...
All good carry on.

#9408 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

And then all the trolls come out and down vote me if I reply.

LOL at the hypocrisy, you downvote more posts here than anyone, I guess that makes you the king of trolls?

#9409 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Your so called one fact is wrong too … you have constantly demonstrated that you are unwilling to adjust as facts change. You seem to have a sick fascination with bashing CGC in any way you can. I don’t think I’ll ever understand it. And then all the trolls come out and down vote me if I reply.
In contrast, my past comments were based on information available at the time from reputable distributors and others (including at one point CGC). Did they prove to be true? No, because of circumstances that changed when the parts and supply chain issues happened. Yet you and some others continue with “they failed me before, they’ll always fail” and then wonder why CGC doesn’t post here.
I offered to have a reasonable discussion via PM; you apparently weren’t interested. You mentioned your very recent sources yet you declined to elaborate. It’s easier and safer for you to just bash me and/or CGC.
The idea that CGC is going to take 2 to 4 YEARS to finish the LEs is ridiculous - they has been no claim by ANYONE BUT YOU that current production (after December restart) has been less than what they were doing with SEs over the summer.
You don’t want to post publicly - fine, I get that. PM me, call me and we can compare notes. Until then, to answer your question, yes, it’s bullshit. And I’m pretty sure you know it.

Apparently anyone who doesn’t agree with your opinion or your diminishing comments belittling others, is a troll…interesting.

Only a sith deals in absolutes…

#9410 1 year ago
Quoted from pch3727:

His number seems pretty accurate. What are your sources saying?
Per the FAQ, 40/week is currently happening... that seems a tad high.

I adjust that entry as I get credible information. My current info is third hand and a best guess based on multiple sources of info. I’m not making as many calls as I did before but 5-10 is laughable without any explanation as to why it would have slowed so suddenly (and no one has even indicated there is a problem other than “customers are anxious”.

As I’ve said before it’s too early to know what the sustained rate will be (post restart) will be - barely three weeks of data isn’t enough. Let’s get another month or so under our belts and see what the pace is. Still waiting for one of those so convinced I’m so wrong to enter into a friendly wager but no interest so far.

#9411 1 year ago
Quoted from Ktmat32:

Apparently anyone who doesn’t agree with your opinion or your diminishing comments belittling others, is a troll…interesting.

That’s not true at all. There have been a number of reasonable folks and others I know/respect that have downvoted me. Certainly not everyone who down voted me is a troll but there’s 6-10 usual suspects that are obvious to me and a number of others (who occasionally send me notes telling me to ignore them and keep up the good work).

It’s pretty easy to figure out who the trolls are. Some even said they were done posting here …

#9412 1 year ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

jfh has zero clue yet he acts like he knows everything...at this stage all most people care about is when they will get their game...after 14+ months of zero communication from CGC their BS is getting old .... yea yea u can say why don't u cancel your order if your fed up with CGC ...its simple ...I want the game, but I certainly didn't think I would have to wait two years for it

And you constantly bitching, moaning, and complaining on this thread will do.... what?!?!?

It was the same thing 2-3 years ago in the MMrRE thread. Constant whining from you until you got your game. It gets old fast. Just as fast as JFH constantly responding to all the BS posts. You're both the same, but on opposite points of view.

BTW just because you constantly repeat the same thing doesn't make it true. Reminds me of politics - no particular side. Uggh.

#9413 1 year ago

As frustrating as the CCr shipping situation is, please don't attack each other on the forum. Take private discussions to PM. It is against the forum rules to post private PMs in threads, so it should be a better place to handle disagreements civilly.

#9414 1 year ago

Just a positive note it is worth the wait. I am loving it.

#9416 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

As you wish .... you do tend to bring it on your self ...
You don't need to reply to every post, but we now you cannot help yourself...
All good carry on.

And you don’t need to make snide comments when I do. In fact you said you wouldn’t respond any more so I guess your word doesn’t mean much to you.

You don’t like me or my posts - that your prerogative. I’ve offered to chat by PM; you would rather bash and insult me in public than be reasonable. Sad.

(And I have ZERO problem with PMs. You don’t like something I say - PM me. Maybe I’ll learn something).

#9417 1 year ago

Time for some memes?

E74184DA-474B-4F77-B440-7B9C642ECAAE (resized).jpegE74184DA-474B-4F77-B440-7B9C642ECAAE (resized).jpegE9C4FA99-7B68-4E0C-BA85-B77CF3937DD1 (resized).jpegE9C4FA99-7B68-4E0C-BA85-B77CF3937DD1 (resized).jpeg
#9418 1 year ago

By far the worst owner's thread on Pinside right now.

Congratulations to all of you Pinsiders nit picking and arguing over who is right. Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as you can arguing with people you will never meet over the internet.

#9419 1 year ago

To lighten the mood a little - Yesterday I cleaned my playfield and put new balls in my machine without wiping the oil off and ohhh baby did she play smooth! The lasso was going through 2 full rotations on the first few games, and the orbit shots were FLYING. I did have to reclean the machine today bc it left a lot of black residue. Hopefully this won't bite me in the ass.

Also to any other noobs out there, if you want to do a custom logo or attract, you have to put the SD card in while the game is on. The manual does not mention this and I had a brief heart attack when the game wouldn't boot. The AFMr manual has more detail than the CCr SE manual.

#9420 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

And you don’t need to make snide comments when I do. In fact you said you wouldn’t respond any more so I guess your word doesn’t mean much to you.
You don’t like me or my posts - that your prerogative. I’ve offered to chat by PM; you would rather bash and insult me in public than be reasonable. Sad.
(And I have ZERO problem with PMs. You don’t like something I say - PM me. Maybe I’ll learn something).

Seriously? Two posts after the moderator asks for you to stop attacking each other and take it to PM.... Smh

#9421 1 year ago

Time for a coup. Lol.

#9422 1 year ago

I've had my game several weeks and have never seen the Light Gun Fight skill shot listed in the manual. Does it exist?

#9423 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:Seriously? Two posts after the moderator asks for you to stop attacking each other and take it to PM.... Smh

I was typing my post before I saw his comment. Why didn’t you send me a PM instead of chiding me here? (somewhat rhetorical)

#9424 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

wow , just said you don't have to reply to every post yet here we are.

#9425 1 year ago
Quoted from 1967Firebird:

What are people setting the flipper strength to my flippers are a bit weak I moved them up to +2

I tried it on factory for a number of games, changed to +2 and it felt better, then dropped it to +1 - not the same. Back on +2 and making those ramps!

#9426 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

I was typing my post before I saw his comment. Why didn’t you send me a PM instead of chiding me here? (somewhat rhetorical)

Because I'm not arguing, just pointing out a fact.

In other news, I am seriously wanting this game. It looks amazing. And while the topper looks great, I don't think it will add enough enjoyment to justify the price. This hobby is is getting to be caviar and crackers!

#9427 1 year ago

My shaker motor makes an annoying squeaking sound. Anyone else experience this on any of the remakes? I tried spraying a bit of silicon lubricant on the shaft, but it didn't last many games before the squeak returned.

#9428 1 year ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

Because I'm not arguing, just pointing out a fact.
In other news, I am seriously wanting this game. It looks amazing. And while the topper looks great, I don't think it will add enough enjoyment to justify the price. This hobby is is getting to be caviar and crackers!

That's why I snatched up an in stock SE. Just wanted classic stainless trim and the topper doesn't do anything for me personally. We have an LE at the local brewery that I helped setup. Was impressed with the build quality and overall game so I ordered an SE. The topper is great for attracting newbies and increasing coin drop.

Compare the price of an SE to a Stern Premium and then compare the build quality and audio components. SE seems like a bargain to me.

#9429 1 year ago
Quoted from Redliner911:

My shaker motor makes an annoying squeaking sound. Anyone else experience this on any of the remakes? I tried spraying a bit of silicon lubricant on the shaft, but it didn't last many games before the squeak returned.

Do you know where the sound is coming from? Or is it just a squeak that happens when the motor is activated?

The two “fixes” I’ve seen in the past are spraying automotive contact cleaner in the motor and reversing the wiring polarity, but I don’t have any experience with either.

#9430 1 year ago
Quoted from Golgotha:

I am hearing several distributors mentioned here. I am curious... How many out there are waiting to hear back from Roger at Starcade for your LE like I am? He won't tell me how many has been given from Planetary, which is fine. But not being able to tell me how many are ahead of me in line waiting makes no sense.

I posted a simple question asking if ANY Pinsiders had purchased their game through Roger at Starcade and all I got was crickets. Does this mean that I am the only one waiting with very little to no communication from my distributor/reseller? Maybe my post was quickly buried amongst all of the other posts. We will be over 10,000 by the end of the week.

I texted Starcade a simple question (after several texts were ignored). I am looking to see how many are in front of me. Is it really too difficult of a question to ask? Please try to help me out when you can. I understand you are relying on Planetary pinball getting orders for you, or they may let you know directly from CGC. In any event. Throw me a bone. Please?

#9431 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Do you know where the sound is coming from? Or is it just a squeak that happens when the motor is activated?
The two “fixes” I’ve seen in the past are spraying automotive contact cleaner in the motor and reversing the wiring polarity, but I don’t have any experience with either.

Shaker squeaks are a pet peeve of mine. Sometimes impossible to fix besides replacing a motor. I just fixed a squeak on my Godzilla ...replaced the motor and everything...and after 2 hours, realized when the shaker was moving, the squeak was actually coming from the metal foot on one of the pinball legs itself.

#9432 1 year ago
Quoted from Redliner911:

Recently discussed in the 007 Bond Owners Thread. Seems like Stern shakers are notorious for this but ones from Pinball Life are better. CGC should’ve been exempt from this unless it’s another vendor change... https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/james-bond-official-owners-club/page/20#post-7327495

#9433 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

When I rotate the weight on the shaft by hand I hear it squeak so Im certain it's coming from the motor. It appears to be a sealed unit, so there's no easy way to clean or lubricate it. Interesting thought about reversing the polarity, I'll give that a try.

#9434 1 year ago
Quoted from Golgotha:

Does this mean that I am the only one waiting with very little to no communication from my distributor/reseller? Maybe my post was quickly buried amongst all of the other posts. We will be over 10,000 by the end of the week.

Everyone is in the same boat. Dealers seem to get notice just a few days before the games ship.

#9435 1 year ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Everyone is in the same boat. Dealers seem to get notice just a few days before the games ship.

Okay we are all in the same boat. So, it could be three more days or three more months? Is it that the distributors/resellers are more interested in additional game sales, and have lost their focus? I would really hope that CGC realizes how bad that would be for their label. How hard is a little communication? Dealers definitely have or should have a list as to which customer will be satisfied with their game next. How hard would a simple spreadsheet creation be? At least it would give a point of reference. I get all of the delays, production issues, etc. I am willing to wait for the best product I can receive. I am NOT asking for too much. Is there a Planetary Pinball resource that watches this thread? I understand knowing you have X people in front of you might cause some follow-up, but really?

#9436 1 year ago
Quoted from Golgotha:

Okay we are all in the same boat. So, it could be three more days or three more months? Is it that the distributors/resellers are more interested in additional game sales, and have lost their focus? I would really hope that CGC realizes how bad that would be for their label. How hard is a little communication? Dealers definitely have or should have a list as to which customer will be satisfied with their game next. How hard would a simple spreadsheet creation be? At least it would give a point of reference. I get all of the delays, production issues, etc. I am willing to wait for the best product I can receive. I am NOT asking for too much. Is there a Planetary Pinball resource that watches this thread? I understand knowing you have X people in front of you might cause some follow-up, but really?

Wait and see Amigo=Option 1. Or option 2 if option one isn’t an option.

#9437 1 year ago
Quoted from Golgotha:

Definitely. Inform the dealers, build some confidence.

The rest are worn excuses, whilst they maybe accurate, they don't build confidence. Good communication is essential to good business.

#9438 1 year ago

FWIW, I know 3 guys, not on pinside , who have recieved their LE games. So it's impossible to know how many are being shipped each week and in total.

#9439 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

FWIW, I know 3 guys, not on pinside , who have recieved their LE games. So it's impossible to know how many are being shipped each week and in total.

Wait a minute….three guys not on Pinside?! Could it be they quit after spending time on this thread?

Frustrating to see the same four folks bickering day in, day out. Give it a rest.

#9440 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

But this will screw up #jfh records ? How will we know the build date and serial numbers ?

#9441 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

But this will screw up #jfh records ? How will we know the build date and serial numbers ?

They quit pinside because of the stupid shit, like what's going on here. It gets tiresome

#9442 1 year ago

The way to be successful and build confidence in a brand is to under promise and over deliver. Not promise, go awol, shill, ghost, then gaslight. The only saving grace is the build quality and the price. If either of those change during this long wait many would jump ship. CGC has banked some serious good will from previous pins so that’s what they’re riding on here. That, and they have a product people want so our only choice is to wait. Just sad to see them bank so hard on that and not bring their customers along for the ride. We’re their market but only good enough to market to... Not inform or instruct. Downvote me or not, but those are my feelings and observations.

#9443 1 year ago

The shaker motor question made me think of something - I suspect many home SE users will want to add a shaker.

But what do you want to have on hand for the game down the road besides typical consumables/standard parts? Back in the day I would always get a plastics set or spare ramps but you don’t hear much interest from the average home owner about those these days, probably because there’s a lot more buying new games than fixing up games that have seen a lot of time on route.

For those that don’t plan to keep CCr for more than a couple of years it may not be a big deal but for those like me who plan to keep them a long time what do you want in your workroom or parts bag? Or what would you suggest for those new to pinball maintenance?

#9444 1 year ago

Crap if I knew this is how it was going to go I would’ve bought an SE. No amount of delay, deceit, or drama is worth a numbered plaque (p-touch label), some powdercoat, and a topper. I just want to play the game. And you’ll say, “then maybe that’s what you should’ve done”. However, then I’d be like all the rest who got crimped legs, low profile standoffs, wrinkled decals, and no answers as to why. Meanwhile watching the product change midstream for those who waited. It’s a no win situation. The ones in control of everything is CGC and they’ve been radio silent. LOL

F144C5CA-4173-4BB7-AF52-D65E2DB1BB59 (resized).jpegF144C5CA-4173-4BB7-AF52-D65E2DB1BB59 (resized).jpeg
#9445 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

The shaker motor question made me think of something - I suspect many home SE users will want to add a shaker.
But what do you want to have on hand for the game down the road besides typical consumables/standard parts? Back in the day I would always get a plastics set or spare ramps but you don’t hear much interest from the average home owner about those these days, probably because there’s a lot more buying new games than fixing up games that have seen a lot of time on route.
For those that don’t plan to keep CCr for more than a couple of years it may not be a big deal but for those like me who plan to keep them a long time what do you want in your workroom or parts bag? Or what would you suggest for those new to pinball maintenance?

I just a put a shaker in my SE the other night. I dig it. Subtle but nice. I knew what to expect since I have played several games on an LE. I consider mine complete now. Shaker and physical knocker. Done. Oh and I'm trying to order the mirrored backglass but I can't get a response out of PPS. As far as spares CGC sets you up pretty good. Sling plastics and fuses. Can't complain. I'll be keeping this one. Let's see what breaks down the line.

#9446 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Crap if I knew this is how it was going to go I would’ve bought an SE. No amount of delay, deceit, or drama is worth a numbered plaque (p-touch label), some powdercoat, and a topper. I just want to play the game. And you’ll say, “then maybe that’s what you should’ve done”. However, then I’d be like all the rest who got crimped legs, low profile standoffs, wrinkled decals, and no answers as to why. Meanwhile watching the product change midstream for those who waited. It’s a no win situation. The ones in control of everything is CGC and they’ve been radio silent. LOL
[quoted image]

Still time to change, most distributors have se in stock now

#9447 1 year ago
Quoted from SimplePin:

I'm trying to order the mirrored backglass

Stick with it. Maybe they don’t have any in stock now. The backglasses are still being produced in batches. Some distributors don’t really want to deal with them; others don’t want to get them before they have their customer’s game. I’m sure that doesn’t help with the forecasting PPS needs to do.

PPS seems pretty committed to seeing that every game owner that wants one can get one.

If your dealer isn’t PPS, ask your dealer first. They are supposed to get it for you; it’s not a typical direct Planetary part order. If your game is through PPS then certainly get with them.

#9448 1 year ago
Quoted from LingBot:

if you want to do a custom logo or attract, you have to put the SD card in while the game is on. The manual does not mention this and I had a brief heart attack when the game wouldn't boot.

Thanks. I’ll make sure that detail in in the FAQ.

#9449 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

[quoted image]

For what it's worth, my SE is great. No issues. I had to do the usual NIB adjustments and tweaking, but nothing too bad. You can actually score a pretty sweet deal on in stock SEs right now if you look. Might be worth considering.

#9450 1 year ago

Has anyone had one of the little coils on the popup targets that kick the targets back down go out? I've got one that is pretty much locked up solid.

I took it off and tried to free it up but it just won't budge. I put a ticket in with CGC but I haven't heard from them yet.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,999 (OBO)
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Bristow, VA
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 210.00
$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.95
Hardware
RavSpec

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Trade
There are 15,405 posts in this topic. You are on page 189 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/189 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.