(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,450 posts
  • 758 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 hours ago by Tranquilize
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 104 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 217 votes
    33%

(654 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20240427_183845_Chrome (resized).jpg
IMG_0159.jpeg
IMG_0160.jpeg
IMG_0158.jpeg
IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,450 posts in this topic. You are on page 292 of 309.
#14551 4 months ago
Quoted from twarr:

In Europe we are still waiting and there are not even any estimations on when our SE's will be made or shipped from the US......

Europe is very far away and most Americans arent even sure where it is on a map...

#14552 4 months ago

Any LEs delivered domestically lately? It’s been pretty quiet on here lately for unboxings.

#14553 4 months ago
Quoted from DownSouthPinball:

Any LEs delivered domestically lately? It’s been pretty quiet on here lately for unboxings.

No - they are currently making the European games according to Ryan.

#14554 4 months ago
Quoted from Damonator:

But there is a delay in shipping because they're trying to figure out where Europe is.

#14555 4 months ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Can u really believe anything that guy says ?

#14556 4 months ago

New owner!

Here’s a picture of Polly from Back Alley. I’m not sure if there are any installed pictures floating around.

IMG_0696 (resized).jpegIMG_0696 (resized).jpeg
#14557 4 months ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

New owner!
Here’s a picture of Polly from Back Alley. I’m not sure if there are any installed pictures floating around. [quoted image]

I love tall blondes!

#14558 4 months ago
Quoted from pinballinreno:

I love tall blondes!

Ha, my only problem with Polly is that she’s always in peril, and I need to constantly rescue her.

#14559 4 months ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Ha, my only problem with Polly is that she’s always in peril, and I need to constantly rescue her.

She does seem to be a magnet for trouble.

#14560 4 months ago
Quoted from Arcadecrazy:

She does seem to be a magnet for trouble.

"And I think she likes it"

#14561 4 months ago

Has anybody who has struggled with the beer mug leaf switch ever figured anything out? I've adjusted it dozens of times, and nothing works. I'm talking pull the whole thing out from underneath and adjust it.

Sometimes it works ok in test, but then I play a game and it just doesn't.

As it sits in the photo, I stripe the shot and it doesn't register 90% of the time. It is maddening.

PXL_20231215_213401781 (resized).jpgPXL_20231215_213401781 (resized).jpg
#14562 4 months ago
Quoted from ray3127:

Has anybody who has struggled with the beer mug leaf switch ever figured anything out? I've adjusted it dozens of times, and nothing works. I'm talking pull the whole thing out from underneath and adjust it.
Sometimes it works ok in test, but then I play a game and it just doesn't.
As it sits in the photo, I stripe the shot and it doesn't register 90% of the time. It is maddening.
[quoted image]

Is it activating the beer mug very well? Mine wasn't and I had to pull the metal assembly forward and tighten the screw (in front of the beer mug) to free up the front part that hits the switch.

#14563 4 months ago
Quoted from jchristian11:

Is it activating the beer mug very well? Mine wasn't and I had to pull the metal assembly forward and tighten the screw (in front of the beer mug) to free up the front part that hits the switch.

I think it is, because the mug goes flying. But I can play with that a little.

#14564 4 months ago

Sorry if I missed this, but what’s the CGC policy on the warped legs and cut decals? Are they offering replacement legs or decals?

#14565 4 months ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

New owner!
Here’s a picture of Polly from Back Alley. I’m not sure if there are any installed pictures floating around. [quoted image]

Congratulations! And thank you for sharing a picture. The game definitely needs a Polly sculpt.

#14566 4 months ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Sorry if I missed this, but what’s the CGC policy on the warped legs and cut decals? Are they offering replacement legs or decals?

Open a ticket with CGC.

#14567 4 months ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I got nowhere opening a ticket with CGC. Total waste of time. Then I found these -- exactly what I needed -- and they solved the problem. Thanks to Norm at Carolina Pinballs, my distributor, who paid for them.

https://backalleycreations.com/products/ez-leg-plate

#14568 4 months ago
Quoted from fixintoplay:

I got nowhere opening a ticket with CGC. Total waste of time. Then I found these -- exactly what I needed -- and they solved the problem. Thanks to Norm at Carolina Pinballs, my distributor, who paid for them.
https://backalleycreations.com/products/ez-leg-plate

That sucks. I’m not concerned about the problem, but if CGC doesn’t stand by their customers with a solution, then that’s a huge issue.

I’ll open a ticket and see where that goes.

#14569 4 months ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

That sucks. I’m not concerned about the problem, but if CGC doesn’t stand by their customers with a solution, then that’s a huge issue.

Good luck...they have historically been terrible when it comes to addressing cabinet or play field issues. Everything else they are very good

#14570 4 months ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

The problem seems random. Mine fit pretty good, I carefully scrutinized the legs fitment when I assembled my LE. They included metal as well as plastic protectors on the cabinet.

Its a pretty decent work-around from the factory.

Mantis leg plates are thicker and with slightly longer screws work pretty good:

https://mantispinball.com/product/misc-leg-protector-hidden/

#14571 4 months ago

Hey guys…so I’m have trouble with sensor 8 board. I opened up a ticket with CG and the sent me a replacement. The bad sensor that is installed has a white plastic piece attached that seems to be important in holding it in place. The new sensor that CG has sent me does not have the white piece attached. Jim with CG said I should be able to remove that piece from the broken sensor and attach it to the new one. Problem is that it seems like it’s glued to the old sensor and I’m afraid if I forcefully pull it off, it won’t stick on the new sensor. Anyone familiar with this part?

IMG_3416 (resized).jpegIMG_3416 (resized).jpegIMG_3417 (resized).jpegIMG_3417 (resized).jpeg
#14572 4 months ago
Quoted from ScoobaDoo:

Hey guys…so I’m have trouble with sensor 8 board. I opened up a ticket with CG and the sent me a replacement. The bad sensor that is installed has a white plastic piece attached that seems to be important in holding it in place. The new sensor that CG has sent me does not have the white piece attached. Jim with CG said I should be able to remove that piece from the broken sensor and attach it to the new one. Problem is that it seems like it’s glued to the old sensor and I’m afraid if I forcefully pull it off, it won’t stick on the new sensor. Anyone familiar with this part?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Its just held on with double sided tape.

It will probably peel off with constant light pressure from one side. Use a plastic razor blade or small plastic pry bar...

Or just rip it off and re-attach it with thin VHB or carpet tape if their tape fails.

#14573 4 months ago

The problem seems random. Mine fit pretty good, I carefully scrutinized the legs fitment when I assembled my LE. They included metal as well as plastic protectors on the cabinet.
Its a pretty decent work-around from the factory.
Mantis leg plates are thicker and with slightly longer screws work pretty good:
https://mantispinball.com/product/misc-leg-protector-hidden/

The problem may well be random, but it doesn't surface until after the customer unboxes and bolts on the legs. That's the first time they ever come in contact with the cab decals. Some may not care or even notice the wrinkles they cause. Mine were a PITA to try to repair, and they're still not perfect. If I had to do it over again: never mount the legs without these other metal back plates. 30 bucks ain't worth the risk.

#14574 4 months ago
Quoted from fixintoplay:

The problem may well be random, but it doesn't surface until after the customer unboxes and bolts on the legs. That's the first time they ever come in contact with the cab decals. Some may not care or even notice the wrinkles they cause. Mine were a PITA to try to repair, and they're still not perfect. If I had to do it over again: never mount the legs without these other metal back plates. 30 bucks ain't worth the risk.

I agree but I just dont see them (at the factory) pre-fitting the legs.

They "could" (for an extra charge in the build cost), but I dont see them doing it.

#14575 4 months ago

I agree but I just dont see them (at the factory) pre-fitting the legs.
They "could" (for an extra charge in the build cost), but I dont see them doing it.

No, they wouldn't do that. But I think from all the customer fury and backlash, CGC must have quietly changed over from the old WMS-era, poorly fitting legs to more suitable ones. It's been quiet: very little discussions in here on this lately (mine was still under warranty at the time) and they've been shipping new units ever since. It was bad PR then, as far as I'm concerned.

#14576 4 months ago
Quoted from fixintoplay:

No, they wouldn't do that. But I think from all the customer fury and backlash, CGC must have quietly changed over from the old WMS-era, poorly fitting legs to more suitable ones. It's been quiet: very little discussions in here on this lately (mine was still under warranty at the time) and they've been shipping new units ever since. It was bad PR then, as far as I'm concerned.

The first CCr games made weren't affected either - it was a bad batch in the middle. Maybe LEs 300-600 or so? You'd have to read through this thread to see when it began/ended.

#14577 4 months ago

Just opened a ticket. We’ll see…

#14578 4 months ago
Quoted from Damonator:

The first CCr games made weren't affected either - it was a bad batch in the middle. Maybe LEs 300-600 or so? You'd have to read through this thread to see when it began/ended.

Mine is an SE with a mid-2022 build date and a 1900s s/n.

#14579 4 months ago
Quoted from fixintoplay:

Mine is an SE with a mid-2022 build date and a 1900s s/n.

CGC fixed the problem by shipping thicker metal standoffs that go between the legs and the cabinet, at least for the LEs. Mine is a Feb 2023 build and it came with the thicker ones.

#14580 4 months ago

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

IMG_7328 (resized).jpegIMG_7328 (resized).jpeg
#14581 4 months ago

Amazing set up Richard.
Congrats on getting your CC!

#14582 4 months ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Love the CGC emblem 1 Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones my friend !

LTG : )

#14583 4 months ago

I’m adjusting the left kicker switch below the pops. It just got to where the ball kicked out of the mine just falls; it doesn’t get shot into the pops most of the time. Will probably adjust the pops again, too.

To confirm my settings- I’d like to hear from a few folks on how often the ball goes up into the cactus rollovers when exiting the mine. Does your machine shoot it up that far?

#14584 4 months ago
Quoted from Richard-NBA-SF2:

Congrats! -- You finally got your game!!!

#14585 4 months ago

Love this machine. Been neglecting it since dialing in my new TMNT. Added some of the mods I’ve been buying and installed my custom made plunger. Modelvisionary Thanks for the time, skill and generosity of doing this for me!! Makes Cactus theme all the more special and personable for my home. Give superskillshot a look for your plungers!!!

Mageek …. your saloon and water tower mods are spot on and belong in all CCr manufactured cabinets!!

Time to go shootout!!

IMG_4118 (resized).jpegIMG_4118 (resized).jpegIMG_4122 (resized).jpegIMG_4122 (resized).jpeg
#14586 4 months ago

Has anyone had flakey optos on the left and right orbit? Mine will randomly trigger in the pops usually and finish combos, the marksman and the ride em modes. Somewhat frustrating. Game quality seems good, looks and plays great, but from the factory a ton of loose screws and wires. 2 weeks of having it and my glass has been off as much as on. (Not complainimg, jist want to get it dialed in because i love the game)

#14587 4 months ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Has anyone had flakey optos on the left and right orbit? Mine will randomly trigger in the pops usually and finish combos, the marksman and the ride em modes. Somewhat frustrating. Game quality seems good, looks and plays great, but from the factory a ton of loose screws and wires. 2 weeks of having it and my glass has been off as much as on. (Not complainimg, jist want to get it dialed in because i love the game)

Yes. Narrow down which opto or reed switch is triggering when it should not. Look for where that switch plugs into one of the mini boards under the pf and reseat that connector.

#14588 4 months ago
Quoted from amkoepfer:

Has anyone had flakey optos on the left and right orbit?

Sensors.

PM me your email address and I'll email you back a sensor trouble shooting guide.

LTG : )

#14589 4 months ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

But there is a delay in shipping because they're trying to figure out where Europe is.

Got word from my distro I'll will receive my SE+ March 2024.....finally! Ordered mine in November 2021, it's been a long wait.

#14590 4 months ago

Jiggled wires for the sensors, none made the switch test beep. Will play more and report back

#14591 4 months ago

Multiple games played with no issues. Perhaps recalibrating that sensor fixed the issue

#14592 4 months ago

Anyone having an issue with the train running during the "Save Polly" action? I checked the diagnosis and the train is running fine during testing it just seems during the game it either moves only a tiny bit and stops or doesn't move at all. The train moves fine on start up calibration. It got me stumped, I checked all the connections below the board and they seem fine.

#14593 4 months ago
Quoted from Parkman:

Anyone having an issue with the train running during the "Save Polly" action? I checked the diagnosis and the train is running fine during testing it just seems during the game it either moves only a tiny bit and stops or doesn't move at all. The train moves fine on start up calibration. It got me stumped, I checked all the connections below the board and they seem fine.

The train only moves for the train track save polly (center ramp mode). Is this what you say isn't working?

#14594 4 months ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

The train only moves for the train track save polly (center ramp mode). Is this what you say isn't working?

Yes when the save polly is activated the train is not moving, it was intermittent for a while now it will not move when this event is actuated. It still moves fine on boot up and when going into the settings and testing the train movement.

#14595 4 months ago

I was changing some of my rubbers to clear, took off the adjustable outlane post and saw no washer etc based on the design. I looked closer and YUCK! I'll open a ticket and see what CGC says. But I'm unimpressed with the damage below. Someone ate thier wheaties that day

20231217_170541 (resized).jpg20231217_170541 (resized).jpg20231217_171317 (resized).jpg20231217_171317 (resized).jpg20231217_170943 (resized).jpg20231217_170943 (resized).jpg20231217_171211 (resized).jpg20231217_171211 (resized).jpg
#14596 4 months ago

This is the first I recollect seeing this clear issue with a CGC pf. My MMR seems flawless but I don’t think I’ve ever removed one of the posts.
Have any others reported a similar issue? Hopefully CGC can provide some constructive feedback on this for you.

#14597 4 months ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

I was changing some of my rubbers to clear, took off the adjustable outlane post and saw no washer etc based on the design. I looked closer and YUCK! I'll open a ticket and see what CGC says. But I'm unimpressed with the damage below. Someone ate thier wheaties that day
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like it wasnt fully cured when assembled.

Fortunately it looks like a super easy touch up and will be nearly invisible when done.

A little line of masked off paint from a molotow 4 in one paint pen,

and a tiny fill of diamond clear sure beats the hassle of a playfield swap:

https://www.amazon.com/Molotow-ONE4ALL-Acrylic-Marker-127-101/dp/B0044CZ0WS/ref=asc_df_B0044CZ0WS/

https://www.amazon.com/KBS-Coatings-50040-Headlight-Restore/dp/B00UDIZSP6/ref=asc_df_B00UDIZSP6/

These are things that people should have "on-hand" if they have pinball maxhines I think.

#14598 4 months ago
Quoted from jesperpark:

Quoted from jesperpark:

Sorry to see. Also strange to see the post in that spot. Every CCr I've seen is wide open outlanes. Why are the LE'S coming in baby mode? The last thing this game needs is to be made easier.

#14599 4 months ago
Quoted from JMK:

This is the first I recollect seeing this clear issue with a CGC pf. My MMR seems flawless but I don’t think I’ve ever removed one of the posts.
Have any others reported a similar issue? Hopefully CGC can provide some constructive feedback on this for you.

This is my 3rd remake and the other 2 have been flawless. I was shocked when I first saw it, grabbed a light as I thought I was seeing things.

#14600 4 months ago
Quoted from MacGruber:

Sorry to see. Also strange to see the post in that spot. Every CCr I've seen is wide open outlanes. Why are the LE'S coming in baby mode? The last thing this game needs is to be made easier.

It came from the factory this way, I adjusted the settings to make the game harder. Thanks for making me feel bad for not opening them up sooner I kid, I kid

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Trade
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Kansas City, MO
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 210.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,450 posts in this topic. You are on page 292 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/292 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.