(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,430 posts
  • 756 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by jrcmlc
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 104 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 217 votes
    33%

(654 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0159.jpeg
IMG_0160.jpeg
IMG_0158.jpeg
IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,430 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 309.
#1551 2 years ago

New sheriff in town, and the sun dial just hit High Noon.

What time is it (resized).jpgWhat time is it (resized).jpg

#1552 2 years ago

For all "New Sheriffs" are you using the factory provided balls or have you swapped them out with Titan's or other? I stuck with factory balls (installed after thorough cleaning to remove oil) but am curious what others decided to go with. I thought I read that the balls CGC provided were decent quality so I figured why discard perfectly good pinballs -- I've only put on about 70 games but am thinking of changing the factory balls out for Titans... any thoughts from others?

#1553 2 years ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

Good to know... I guess I'll just order a set from PPS. My hesitancy was the foam tape but apparently CGC is smart and doesn't bother with that, making this a much easier swap. In that case it sure isn't worth trying to "fix" just get new. Thanks!

There are/were two different Side Rails for CGC Games - one was the 'original' WPC type which required tape to fasten to the game and had a screw hole only at the two end tabs, this was used on MM, and AFM ... for MBR onward, they switched to a thicker metal and one that mounted with screw holes vs tape by adding two screw holes in the middle.

We should have both versions and will check to make sure the descriptions for both are clear on the site. Also, note that 'brushed' finished may vary, so usually better to replace both or should at least not mix the two varieties.

Team PPS

#1554 2 years ago

Finally, it's official.

20220419_172509 (resized).jpg20220419_172509 (resized).jpg
#1555 2 years ago
Quoted from EZ-Rhino:

For all "New Sheriffs" are you using the factory provided balls or have you swapped them out with Titan's or other? I stuck with factory balls (installed after thorough cleaning to remove oil) but am curious what others decided to go with. I thought I read that the balls CGC provided were decent quality so I figured why discard perfectly good pinballs -- I've only put on about 70 games but am thinking of changing the factory balls out for Titans... any thoughts from others?

I always put new pinballs (from BallBaron.com) whenever I get a game new to me though the stock balls are apparently far better than what Stern uses.

Inspect pinballs frequently for pits/scrapes/dirt or anything that impacts the surface and/or could damage the playfield. Four new quality balls every 100 plays or so is super cheap insurance for your game.

#1556 2 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

There are/were two different Side Rails for CGC Games - one was the 'original' WPC type which required tape to fasten to the game, this was used on MM, and AFM ... for MBR onward, they switched to a thicker metal and one that mounted with screw holes.
We should have both versions and will check to make sure the descriptions for both are clear on the site. Also, note that 'brushed' finished may vary, so usually better to replace both or should at least not mix the two varieties.
Team PPS

I will update the link in the FAQ and make the newer ones are referenced.

#1557 2 years ago

So, I'm also having issues with my bad-guy drop targets. Game has about 250 plays, and recently the leftmost drop doesn't always want to stay up. Loosening up the return-spring tension, has fixed the issue, but I'm worried it might only be a temporary fix. I've got a ticket in, and I'll let you guys know what happens. I know at least one other owner has posted about this problem, so maybe this is a teething issue that CGC will work out moving forward.

I suspect at least part of the issue is that the pf cutouts for the drops are much smaller on the Remake than on the original. The hole is basically only just big enough to allow the drop target to push through, and so that doesn't allow the drop target to move very much at all. Since on the remake the target has almost no front-to-back movement, or "give" so to speak, that might require CGC to set the drops up with much tighter tolerances than on the original. Making for more finicky adjustments to get it operating smoothly.

This is only speculation of course. But Butch made a point of mentioning how CGC had redesigned the drop targets, and how much smaller the drop openings were. So perhaps a point-of-failure was introduced.

-----------------------------
Also, on another note, our locals are playing the crap out of my Cactus Canyon. Over 200 plays in less than a week. I'm sure the shine will wear off, but this has been one of my best earning games to date.

#1558 2 years ago
Quoted from AJC3030:

Going with this for a shooter rod
[quoted image]

Honestly, the factory shooter rod is pretty nice. It's not your typical plunger, and instead has a nice hefty ball on the end, that feels pretty nice to plunge. I personally wouldn't change it. It's much nice than the standard Stern or JJP shooter rod.

#1559 2 years ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Finally, it's official.
[quoted image]

Nice!!

#1560 2 years ago
Quoted from PPS:

There are/were two different Side Rails for CGC Games - one was the 'original' WPC type which required tape to fasten to the game, this was used on MM, and AFM ... for MBR onward, they switched to a thicker metal and one that mounted with screw holes.

Team PPS

Thank you for the clarification. I will revisit the PPS online store in the coming days to ensure I order the correct set.

#1561 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Honestly, the factory shooter rod is pretty nice. It's not your typical plunger, and instead has a nice hefty ball on the end, that feels pretty nice to plunge. I personally wouldn't change it. It's much nice than the standard Stern or JJP shooter rod.

Not only does the factory shooter knob have a nice feel for that type of skill shot, the referenced mod shop is mainly a bunch of $5 keychains from Amazon “fused” to a rod for like $100 sale price on average. Most look terrible and some have little to do with the game… like this one in particular which is some random badge that is being passed off as title-appropriate.

I could go fly American tomorrow and ask the flight attendant for some of those kiddie pilot wing pins, crazy glue them to some rods and then sell them as an “upgrade” for Airborne, F-14, hell even Bon Voyage. Doesn’t mean I should just because I can. Some mods jump the shark the moment they’re ill-conceived.

#1562 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

I just got my machine set up and I agree 100% that the standard shooter knob feels amazing. It's actual solid metal. Not a cheap plastic ball. It has a great weight and feel to it. I certainly won't be changing it.

#1563 2 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

I suspect at least part of the issue is that the pf cutouts for the drops are much smaller on the Remake than on the original. The hole is basically only just big enough to allow the drop target to push through, and so that doesn't allow the drop target to move very much at all. Since on the remake the target has almost no front-to-back movement, or "give" so to speak, that might require CGC to set the drops up with much tighter tolerances than on the original. Making for more finicky adjustments to get it operating smoothly.

The ledge the targets catch on is basically same size as Stern Drop targets. The issue as I've seen it is not 'lack of movement' but too much movement. They are reset so hard/far they move and don't reliably latch. That's probably why your lessening the return spring makes it catch a bit easier. I just bent the tab that resets the target down slightly it and it stopped pushing the target up so far so it stopped getting pushed forward/back at the top of its motion which was causing it to dance over the latch.

#1564 2 years ago

I just got my machine set up

Pics or it didn’t happen.

(Serial and mfg date?)

#1565 2 years ago
Quoted from Deadpool66:

What does everyone use to move their games? I’m gonna need to haul mine around the back of the house to the walkout prefer to keep it on the pallet until it’s inside.

I just use a standard 2 wheel dolly with big inflated wheels on it. I move my new games around my house and inside solo while they are still strapped to the pallet. As long as you balance the weight properly, it weighs almost nothing.

#1566 2 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Not only does the factory shooter knob have a nice feel for that type of skill shot, the referenced mod shop is mainly a bunch of $5 keychains from Amazon “fused” to a rod for like $100 sale price on average.

To be fair, most mods and products in general are similarly cheaper and way marked up after a manufacturing process. But their “fusing” process is top notch and the epoxy finish very smooth and nice and balanced. I have a few plungers from super skill shot shooters and no complaints. But yeah, choose a good one that does fit the game you’re buying for!

#1567 2 years ago
Quoted from Riefepeters:

To be fair, most mods and products in general are similarly cheaper and way marked up after a manufacturing process. But their “fusing” process is top notch and the epoxy finish very smooth and nice and balanced. I have a few plungers from super skill shot shooters and no complaints. But yeah, choose a good one that does fit the game you’re buying for!

Yea I've held the exact shooter in question at a show and it didn't feel cheap at all

#1568 2 years ago

It would appear that we are creeping toward the halfway point of the SE run. Still looks like we will be way into June before we might see any LEs ship. Hopefully they will have the parts to build them by then.

#1569 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

(Serial and mfg date?)

To be 100% clear, when I say "set up" I mean assembled and playable. I got it unboxed, roughly leveled, and played it for about an hour. Then had to unplug it, and cart it into another room. Unfortunately my CC arrived directly in the middle of a remodel of the basement/game lounge. My area is nowhere near as cool as yours JFH, but here are the pics. It's a mess..... Born on date was about 1 week ago.

20220419_222637 (resized).jpg20220419_222637 (resized).jpg20220419_222650 (resized).jpg20220419_222650 (resized).jpg20220419_222657 (resized).jpg20220419_222657 (resized).jpg20220419_222716 (resized).jpg20220419_222716 (resized).jpg20220419_222731 (resized).jpg20220419_222731 (resized).jpg20220419_222746 (resized).jpg20220419_222746 (resized).jpg20220419_222754 (resized).jpg20220419_222754 (resized).jpg20220419_222857 (resized).jpg20220419_222857 (resized).jpg20220419_222938 (resized).jpg20220419_222938 (resized).jpg20220419_223002 (resized).jpg20220419_223002 (resized).jpg
#1570 2 years ago

To be 100% clear, when I say "set up" I mean assembled and playable. I got it unboxed, roughly leveled, and played it for about an hour. Then had to unplug it, and cart it into another room. Unfortunately my CC arrived directly in the middle of a remodel of the basement/game lounge. My area is nowhere near as cool as yours JFH, but here are the pics. It's a mess..... Born on date was about 1 week ago.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looking great! Thanks for sharing the pics!

#1571 2 years ago

Unfortunately my CC arrived directly in the middle of a remodel of the basement/game lounge.

So … your game arrived too soon.

(Congrats! And enjoy!)

#1572 2 years ago

I feel your pain my friend. I put down a second refundable deposit with another distributor that tells me I'm first in line when they get another batch. Now, the 2 distributors can "race" to get my business. Lol. And yes, they both are aware, in not being deceptive with either one.

So who ended up winning? Original distributor or new one?

#1573 2 years ago

Received the large CC Banner today and its amazing. So colourful, just need to organise a banner stand now.

20220420_150028 (resized).jpg20220420_150028 (resized).jpg
#1574 2 years ago
Quoted from kapaun:

So who ended up winning? Original distributor or new one?

Original, which was way easier for me.

#1575 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

(Serial and mfg date?)

JFH -- I never provided my Serial and Manufacture Date for my CCr... see below

Serial #: CC-1396
Date: March 23, 2022

#1576 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I always put new pinballs (from BallBaron.com) whenever I get a game new to me though the stock balls are apparently far better than what Stern uses.

Thanks! Appreciate the info.

#1577 2 years ago

So, does anyone know, is there any order to which of the Bart brother appear? During my short time playing, it seemed that some games I'd start off against bandelero Bart. Other games, big Bart or Bubba Bart may come first. I only saw bionic Bart once and he was last. I kind of assumed the other 3 Bart brothers would always be presented in a certain order. Is that incorrect?

#1578 2 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Received the large CC Banner today and its amazing. So colourful, just need to organise a banner stand now.

I never thought of getting a banner, but it’s a great way to show off the alternate art without sacrificing the great work of John Youssi.

#1579 2 years ago

I forgot to post my CCr tag info. Arrived April 4th (picked up on the 8th)

CCr_tag (resized).jpgCCr_tag (resized).jpg
#1580 2 years ago

makes me laugh every time ...."suitable for indoor use only"

I love having my pins outdoors in the rain and snow nothing more refreshing than multiball in a thunderstorm !

#1581 2 years ago

S/N 1316 for the record
CCR Born on Date (resized).jpgCCR Born on Date (resized).jpg

#1582 2 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

It would appear that we are creeping toward the halfway point of the SE run. Still looks like we will be way into June before we might see any LEs ship. Hopefully they will have the parts to build them by then.

I love your optimism ....

#1583 2 years ago
Quoted from PtownPin:

I love your optimism ....

Just a comment on the progress on SEs thus far and when they likely will reach 500 shipped. I have no idea whether the topper or other custom LE hardware parts will be available to start producing LEs by then.

#1584 2 years ago

The very limited serial number data so far shows about 21 games/week overall, ~35/week in the last month so the rate is improving.

My estimate is full capacity should be about 70 games/week.

The more serial/mfg data we get the better the estimates will be.

#1585 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

The very limited serial number data so far shows about 21 games/week overall, ~35/week in the last month so the rate is improving.

If they do have 2 lines going then maybe the second line is producing and stockpiling LEs. That would give you your ~70 games/week.

#1586 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

If they do have 2 lines going then maybe the second line is producing and stockpiling LEs. That would give you your ~70 games/week.

Why would they stockpile anything? They did for a while when they had problems getting shipping boxes but what’s the benefit to building and not shipping games? AFAIK there is only one pinball line.

#1587 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Why would they stockpile anything? They did for a while when they had problems getting shipping boxes but I don’t see any benefit to building and not shipping games. AFAIK there is only one pinball line.

Because they have before. For the Royal Edition they stockpiled and shipped out large quantities as opposed to this way now.

I am guessing that the strapping/boxing they are doing now is slowing them down a lot as opposed to just shoving the game in a regular box. Also, looking at how they are palleting the game now it's hard to see how they could safely attach the topper box. If they don't then it's guaranteed that shippers (I'm looking at YOU FEDEX) would have a greater chance of losing/damaging the topper. What if they are expecting their shipment of regular CGC boxes soon and they are stockpiling for that reason? We have no way of knowing either way unless they release some info. It's just fun to speculate.

#1588 2 years ago

This may sound crazy but with all CGC has in the works, is it possible that the SE might be the smallest production run and be done after initial 500, if the LE and SE+ are 1250 each or whatever the number was?

#1589 2 years ago

Finally, it's official.
[quoted image]

Looks like a standard box to me.

#1590 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

It would be nice if they hit full capacity, but I think things are still being slowed down by parts shortages. I could see them getting games close to finished and then sending them out as soon as the missing parts arrive. This could explain the spurts of games being shipped we have seen.

#1591 2 years ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Because they have before. For the Royal Edition they stockpiled and shipped out large quantities as opposed to this way now.

Didn’t know that. Thanks.

Quoted from MrMikeman:

It's just fun to speculate.

Indeed it is. A lot more fun then everyone bitching about where their game is.

#1592 2 years ago
Quoted from polishedball:

This may sound crazy but with all CGC has in the works, is it possible that the SE might be the smallest production run and be done after initial 500, if the LE and SE+ are 1250 each or whatever the number was?

I don’t think that’s crazy at all.

The poll numbers in this thread aren’t really indicative of orders but Pinside game polls seem to get percentages pretty well. Right now the LE has “outsold” the SE+ by 4 to 1 and more SEs than SE+s. After toppergate I expected to see a lot more SE+ sales but maybe people decided they didn’t want to wait that long.

The number of LEs is fixed at 1250. The planned SE+ number was never officially given though I think 1250 was a max initial allocation given to distributors. I’ve heard from some that they had to commit to 1 SE+ for every LE they had ordered if they wanted to sell the SE+.

#1593 2 years ago

For what it's worth, my machine was in an official CGC box. See my image above. It was well constructed, and had built in holders for the legs glued in the box. Box also had a diagram on the side of how the pin was positioned inside which was nice.

#1594 2 years ago

For what it's worth, my machine was in an official CGC box. See my image above. It was well constructed, and had built in holders for the legs glued in the box. Box also had a diagram on the side of how the pin was positioned inside which was nice.

Mine was in a CGC box as well, but I've also heard of later ones which were in bottomless blank boxes strapped to a pallet. On those, if you wanted to transport in your car, the straps had to be cut and the box lifted off the pin.

#1595 2 years ago

Mine was in a generic box that had no bottom (the bottom was just the pallet that the game was strapped to and the box slipped over it). Everything had to be removed to fit in my 4Runner instead of sliding the box in like a Stern

#1596 2 years ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

makes me laugh every time ...."suitable for indoor use only"
I love having my pins outdoors in the rain and snow nothing more refreshing than multiball in a thunderstorm !

This reminds me of a change-selling machine I was setting up in the casino where I was working. The machine came with a manual written in Chinese-translated-to-English.

In the section titled Field Setup was this one sentence: "Do not set machine up in field! Machine was made for inside!"

#1597 2 years ago

Go the delivery scheduled! One week from today. This is gonna be a LONG 7 days.

#1598 2 years ago

Build date

20220420_173652.jpg20220420_173652.jpg
#1599 2 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

Build date
[quoted image]

You were lucky #13!

#1600 2 years ago

Tied for the earliest known build date!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Seaside, OR
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,430 posts in this topic. You are on page 32 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/32 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.