(Topic ID: 310125)

Cactus Canyon Remake Club - New Sheriffs in Town! (with FAQs)

By jfh

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15,421 posts
  • 756 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by great-hosts
  • Topic is favorited by 384 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Which version have you ordered and/or received?”

• Limited Edition [LE] 333 votes
    51%
  • Special Edition with Wild West topper [SE+] 103 votes
    16%
  • Special Edition [SE] 218 votes
    33%

(654 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2145 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2138 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2139 (resized).jpeg
20240415_145651 (resized).jpg
IMG_5053 (resized).jpg
IMG_5068 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240408_083646_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240408_031213_Drive (resized).jpg
AE50EDD5-0A2D-4824-883B-9B097D38C6FF (resized).jpeg
86B25964-BA83-413E-9949-4511DE3D5375 (resized).jpeg
Reward issue switches (resized).jpg
shut-up-and-take-my-money.gif
Screenshot_20240324_221804_Gallery (resized).jpg
IMG_1816 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240324-141652 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

13 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 15,421 posts in this topic. You are on page 113 of 309.
#5601 1 year ago

Don't put on plastic protectors, it just creased mine on the outer edges

#5602 1 year ago

Someone needs to make a video on how to identify and fix the leg situation.

#5603 1 year ago
Quoted from Medic:

Someone needs to make a video on how to identify and fix the leg situation.

I actually thought this would have been resolved on the newer builds.

#5604 1 year ago
Quoted from insight75:

Just got the email on my LE! 1-2 weeks and she'll be ready.

Received the same email from PPS, Happy Friday!!!!

#5605 1 year ago

For those that voted as an LE owner in the poll, please confirm when you are invoiced. This will allow us to estimate the rate of delivery of the LEs.

#5606 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I just rolled my new CCSE into the basement, but I can’t play it because the legs aren’t anywhere near 90 degrees. How are you guys bending these? Mine won’t budge.

Never mind, I just noticed that mine has the really beefy cabinet protectors. Even with the legs bolted on tight, they all pass the credit card test. Now if only I could find the backbox key - it’s not on the coin mech hooks or in the coin box. Small problem for now.

#5607 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Never mind, I just noticed that mine has the really beefy cabinet protectors. Even with the legs bolted on tight, they all pass the credit card test. Now if only I could find the backbox key - it’s not on the coin mech hooks or in the coin box. Small problem for now.

On my MMrRE it was in the manual bag/envelope.

#5608 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Now if only I could find the backbox key - it’s not on the coin mech hooks or in the coin box. Small problem for now.

Found them in the back of the cab - guess they fell off.

Man, I love this game. The playfield clearcoat is awesome, the way all new pins should be! I’m very happy with my decision to ditch my Godzilla order for CC.

978679CE-7A13-486B-95A4-A4AC47BF9756 (resized).jpeg978679CE-7A13-486B-95A4-A4AC47BF9756 (resized).jpeg22E102E3-77D6-4C02-B354-36A05034BAAD (resized).jpeg22E102E3-77D6-4C02-B354-36A05034BAAD (resized).jpegBFE6EA5C-FC6F-467A-919F-1B3EE19F91F0 (resized).jpegBFE6EA5C-FC6F-467A-919F-1B3EE19F91F0 (resized).jpeg
#5609 1 year ago

Attempted to compare the audio on the games using an app. Averages 83 to 87 on all the games regardless on volumes 8 and above for AFMr and MMr. CCr set at 8 is about 70. I don’t trust the app. Not at all accurate. MMr at 21 reads the same as it does at 8. But that is loud AF. CCr at 18 to 21 are around 83 to 87. I need something more accurate for this to work. My ears still tell me 8 on MMr is 221 on CCr. Also tough to measure as just flipper and pop bumper noises push it to 85 ish.

#5610 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Found them in the back of the cab - guess they fell off.
Man, I love this game. The playfield clearcoat is awesome, the way all new pins should be! I’m very happy with my decision to ditch my Godzilla order for CC.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Time to kill some bad guys…congrats on your new game!

#5611 1 year ago

My AFM set at 8 gives a reading of 70 with my sound level meter so your app is pretty close

#5612 1 year ago

Just got an e-mail that Planetary will be shipping LE's in 1-2 weeks. Almost here!

#5613 1 year ago

Got my e-mail to wait until my turn comes up. Getting psyched for this.

#5614 1 year ago

CCR LE UPDATE:

Planetary Pinball finally got notice that the limited editions are starting to ship in about 1 to 2 weeks. We have already started to send out notices to customers, as we go down the list.

If you have not been notified with a final balance, then your game is not ready at this time and please continue to wait.

It will still be quite a process, as we will get games in batches and we will notify customers as we continue to receive games.

Please hold back from asking “where you are in line” as again we are getting games in batches and we can only go down the list so quickly… if you have not been notified with a final balance, we have not gotten to your game - so please continue to wait.

In the meantime, please reply back with your cell phone number (# for the driver on delivery day).

Game pickups are not available at any location. All games are drop shipping from Cicero, IL 60804 directly to you, again no pickups allowed – no expectations.

A big “THANK YOU” for everyone's patience during this process, it has been quite a wait.

If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask. The question I can't answer is:

“when are you going to get your game”

because again, I don't know how long everything will take… but the great news is, LE’s are finally shipping.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Sara

#5615 1 year ago

Thank you Sara!!

#5616 1 year ago

Great news!!

EF5D4D15-B4F0-47EC-81A4-8B8E619483BE (resized).jpegEF5D4D15-B4F0-47EC-81A4-8B8E619483BE (resized).jpeg
#5617 1 year ago

Have to ask ... anyone know if the exports at any level will ship?

#5618 1 year ago
Quoted from jkashani:

Wow! Who's your distributor?

Me too! Planetary

#5619 1 year ago

An exciting milestone. Hope to hear similar news about SE+ soon. At one point there was talk of shipping them sooner after LEs than was originally planned due to the months-long delays.

#5620 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I just noticed that mine has the really beefy cabinet protectors. Even with the legs bolted on tight, they all pass the credit card test.

What is your serial # and build date?

#5621 1 year ago

October is going to be a fun month!

My invoice is paid.

#5622 1 year ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

“It will still be quite a process, as we will get games in batches and we will notify customers as we continue to receive games.
Please hold back from asking “where you are in line” as again we are getting games in batches and we can only go down the list so quickly… if you have not been notified with a final balance, we have not gotten to your game - so please continue to wait.”

This is great advice, even if PPS is not your distributor.

Remember - your distributor wants you to get your game as quickly as possible. Don’t waste their time with “where’s mine?”.

#5623 1 year ago

What does shipping look like?

#5624 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

, I just noticed that mine has the really beefy cabinet protectors. Even with the legs bolted on tight, they all pass the credit card test.

Great news,

Are the new cab protectors pre installed or separate ?

Any pics please.

#5625 1 year ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

Attempted to compare the audio on the games using an app. Averages 83 to 87 on all the games regardless on volumes 8 and above for AFMr and MMr. CCr set at 8 is about 70. I don’t trust the app. Not at all accurate. MMr at 21 reads the same as it does at 8. But that is loud AF. CCr at 18 to 21 are around 83 to 87. I need something more accurate for this to work. My ears still tell me 8 on MMr is 221 on CCr. Also tough to measure as just flipper and pop bumper noises push it to 85 ish.

Actually. SPL level meters on an app are fairly accurate..they measure pretty close to a RAT SHACK METER, or similar. The issue here is that you really need test tones on each machine to get a 'stable' reading..otherwise the meter will jump all over the place..are you testing in the audio tests, in the menu? but it seems that even if shotgunned, you basically are telling us that your app is reading 17db lower on CC than MMr at the same volume #...which is a HUGE difference.

#5626 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

What is your serial # and build date?

Aug 5, 2022
CC-2067

Game plays like a dream. I’ve bricked the drops a few times, but that’s to be expected. I need to aim slightly off-center.

#5627 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

Pre-installed. They’re much thicker than the metal ones I bought a few years back.

#5628 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

The playfield clearcoat is awesome, the way all new pins should be!

I asked Ryan about the clear on one of his streams and if the playfield still looked good on the sample LE game. He said it wasn’t really fair for him to judge but the others with him were impressed (on a game Ryan said had over 5000 plays).

(My NIB MM from 1997 has about 2500 plays on it and still looks great, so I’m thinking CCr will be ok)

#5629 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I need to aim slightly off-center.

I am slightly off-center so this game will be perfect.

#5630 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

Great news,
Any pics please.

Nice to see some action on the LE front. Any word on when our LE’s will ship?

#5631 1 year ago
Quoted from GreenMachine19:

Stupid question, but do you have your speakers set to equal in the menu? If your game is on backbox only or cabinet only, the volume will be much lower.

20220930_173351 (resized).jpg20220930_173351 (resized).jpg
#5632 1 year ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

CCR LE UPDATE:
Planetary Pinball finally got notice that the limited editions are starting to ship in about 1 to 2 weeks. We have already started to send out notices to customers, as we go down the list.
If you have not been notified with a final balance, then your game is not ready at this time and please continue to wait.
It will still be quite a process, as we will get games in batches and we will notify customers as we continue to receive games.
Please hold back from asking “where you are in line” as again we are getting games in batches and we can only go down the list so quickly… if you have not been notified with a final balance, we have not gotten to your game - so please continue to wait.
In the meantime, please reply back with your cell phone number (# for the driver on delivery day).
Game pickups are not available at any location. All games are drop shipping from Cicero, IL 60804 directly to you, again no pickups allowed – no expectations.
A big “THANK YOU” for everyone's patience during this process, it has been quite a wait.
If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask. The question I can't answer is:
because again, I don't know how long everything will take… but the great news is, LE’s are finally shipping.
Sara

Quoted from daveddd14:

CCR LE UPDATE:
Sara

Thanks for posting this notice. I also didn't received an email from Sara , so I will wait.

#5633 1 year ago
Quoted from phs4real:

Thanks for posting this notice. I also didn't received an email from Sara , so I will wait.

Check your Spam folder just in case.

#5634 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Nice to see some action on the LE front. Any word on when our LE’s will ship?

I haven't heard from Wayne yet.
Guessing the Aussie container may be on the water by mid November ?

Might get lucky and see them for Christmas

#5635 1 year ago

Phishing here, which is completely legal, lol
If any future LE owners want to sell their topper, lmk. All is fair in love and pinball

#5637 1 year ago

Why not get an SE+? It is unlikely that any LE owner would sell their topper.

Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Phishing here, which is completely legal, lol
If any future LE owners want to sell their topper, lmk. All is fair in love and pinball

#5638 1 year ago

Thats was the whole point of buying the LE was for the topper

#5639 1 year ago

I realize there are more exciting things going on around here lately, but wanted to share one more mirrored BG comparison photo. The photos really don't do it justice, but maybe side by side you can see some differences (original is first, mirrored second). The mirrored just pops; it is well worth it!

Many thanks to Sara/PPS for the help and getting this to me so quickly.

PXL_20220930_182705439 (resized).jpgPXL_20220930_182705439 (resized).jpgPXL_20220930_184030262 (resized).jpgPXL_20220930_184030262 (resized).jpg
#5640 1 year ago
Quoted from RA77:

I haven't heard from Wayne yet.
Guessing the Aussie container may be on the water by mid November ?
Might get lucky and see them for Christmas

I spoke to Wayne last week. He had no idea when they will ship but they will ship all together when CGC start the exports run.

cooked71 I’m excited

#5641 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

If any future LE owners want to sell their topper, lmk.

Quoted from jkashani:

Why not get an SE+? It is unlikely that any LE owner would sell their topper.

Before you consider buying an orphan topper make sure it will work with your game. If I understood correctly, a topper will not function on an SE.

#5642 1 year ago

Yeah. Maybe I’ll hit up the future SE+ crowd on a topper. Although I’m making an awesome diy topper for my SE. Guess I’m turning into a topper-freak.

#5643 1 year ago

Sorry if this has been posted before, but here’s a comparison of the original and remake apron/pistols. The CGC artists are excellent! And of course the bad guy is also 500% better. I’ll also use this post to thank CGC for making this the first game that was perfect out of the box for me - I haven’t had to adjust anything, not a single switch. You guys rock!

30C9A5D9-C1D4-43E8-AA8A-2048EE6C5D75 (resized).jpeg30C9A5D9-C1D4-43E8-AA8A-2048EE6C5D75 (resized).jpeg35F2DD50-75A6-4DEE-B34C-97B6C2A8053E (resized).jpeg35F2DD50-75A6-4DEE-B34C-97B6C2A8053E (resized).jpeg
#5644 1 year ago
Quoted from KING-HENRY:

Yeah. Maybe I’ll hit up the future SE+ crowd on a topper.

If an LE topper won’t work on an SE, an SE+ topper won’t work on an SE either. The toppers are identical.

#5645 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

If an LE topper won’t work on an SE, an SE+ topper won’t work on an SE either. The toppers are identical.

I think he’s saying an SE+ owner may be more likely to part with their topper and sell it off.

I can’t imagine other than changing a menu selection or a dip switch the topper would be force locked onto the model they shipped with. That would require separate firmware or the elimination of certain hardware from the board to prevent connection to SE’s. Seems like a lot of work just to ensure customers buy the model with a topper vs use a scalper in the free market.

#5646 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

I think he’s saying an SE+ owner may be more likely to part with their topper and sell it off.
I can’t imagine other than changing a menu selection or a dip switch the topper would be force locked onto the model they shipped with. That would require separate firmware or the elimination of certain hardware from the board to prevent connection to SE’s. Seems like a lot of work just to ensure customers buy the model with a topper vs use a scalper in the free market.

I think there is some hardware and cabling for data and power present in the LE/SE+ not on the SE. So maybe not physically coded to not work but that intermediate hardware and cabling would have to be added/modified.

#5647 1 year ago

Based on the poll numbers, are the SE+’s going to be more rare than the LE’s?

#5648 1 year ago

We should know in a 2-3 weeks what extras are in place hardware wise for the topper. It will be interesting to see if the pinball controller board is different or a new revision. Last one was 3.1 from 2019. What version do the SE's ship with?

https://pinnovators.myshopify.com/pages/cgc_pinball_controller_revisions

#5649 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

I can’t imagine other than changing a menu selection or a dip switch the topper would be force locked onto the model they shipped with.

I spent a lot of time talking about this with Ryan. Perhaps I misunderstood but I’m pretty sure a topper will not function on an SE and that if you want a topper you need an LE or SE+. Wouldn’t be hard to prevent it from working on one model; it would be a minor software check.

I don’t care either way - I just don’t want someone to get burned buying a topper they can’t use.

I’m sure someone will try soon enough and we’ll have a definitive answer.

#5650 1 year ago
Quoted from jfh:

Oh contrare. Modded or addon board would rectify that * after the warranty on the machine expires of course *

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
T&T Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 8,000.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Arlington Heights, IL
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 22.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Jorge’s Arcade Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.00
Playfield - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Richmond, VA
$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 9,250.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 299.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Eville Pinball

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,421 posts in this topic. You are on page 113 of 309.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cactus-canyon-remake-club-new-sheriffs-in-town/page/113 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.